Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" - Literature (662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (487236 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by firestar(f): 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2014
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by maclatunji: 11:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
^Waiting to read from your work.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by texanomaly(f): 11:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
firestar:

What's up firestar?

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by texanomaly(f): 11:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
maclatunji: ^Waiting to read from your work.

How's the project coming mac?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by maclatunji: 11:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
texanomaly:

How's the project coming mac?

Really well, the designer seems to like your piece. He used it to headline the demo, he is an A+ player and we give him leeway with a lot of stuff. I have decided not to show anyone until we are ready to start promoting. I am sure a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised.

I notice that a lot of people do not recognise the true worth of their talent as writers, we hope to change this.

It is going better than planned. By the end of August God-willing at the latest, most of those that sent me anything should have seen the initial result.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by princesa(f): 11:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
Obinnua, hi and welcome. Good to finally see you around!

Well I'm still on my request. The complaints thread is no longer in use, can it be unpinned and replaced with the 'writer of the month thread'?

Do I have to still give it time, or maybe beg for it?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by texanomaly(f): 12:51am On Aug 14, 2014
maclatunji:

Really well, the designer seems to like your piece. He used it to headline the demo, he is an A+ player and we give him leeway with a lot of stuff. I have decided not to show anyone until we are ready to start promoting. I am sure a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised.

I notice that a lot of people do not recognise the true worth of their talent as writers, we hope to change this.

It is going better than planned. By the end of August God-willing at the latest, most of those that sent me anything should have seen the initial result.

Wow. I'm flattered. Thank him for me. May your endeavors continue to make progress.

Allhamdulilah
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 2:06am On Aug 14, 2014
timpaker: Haba! We ain't taking that oooo. Please na just create tittle time for it na. Many NL might be interested. I trust you would (you just wanna give us suspense grin) I get the drift cheesy

Lol!

I am not really the type that likes saying much on here, but let me explain briefly. Since I am passionate about it, I would have done it, but the bosses and I are not in good terms. Thus, I don't want to any headache. grin

If you have another venue, give me a shout. Better still, wait till Maclatunji's website blows up smiley.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 2:07am On Aug 14, 2014
Tovot: hello house-mynd44,cuddlemii,Tovot,firestar, texanomaly,newcaa,timpaker,larrysun, *yawns*,humbledbygrace,princesa and everyother person. hope y'all had a nice day.

Hi dearie
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by firestar(f): 7:10am On Aug 14, 2014
texanomaly:

What's up firestar?

The luminous expanse...
Howdy cherie. cheesy
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Mynd44: 7:19am On Aug 14, 2014
firestar:

The luminous expanse...
Howdy cherie. cheesy
hey

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by texanomaly(f): 7:24am On Aug 14, 2014
firestar:

The luminous expanse...
Howdy cherie. cheesy

Hello and
Goodnight smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by curiouses: 8:26am On Aug 14, 2014
maclatunji:

Salam Oga Mac, I hope this project will help an aspiring writer with close to zero writing talent.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by maclatunji: 9:20am On Aug 14, 2014
[quote author=curiouses]

Salam Oga Mac, I hope this project will help an aspiring writer with close to zero writing talent. [/quote

Wa alaykum salam.

@bolded, never met such a person. I will send you a PM, let us see how talent-less you are. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by maclatunji: 9:25am On Aug 14, 2014
texanomaly:

Wow. I'm flattered.

Ok. I think ladies like that. tongue grin tongue tongue tongue

texanomaly:

Thank him for me. May your endeavors continue to make progress.

I have told the guy my writers are SHY. If I start thanking him on your behalf, he might get more confused than before. He has not yet understood why people will send work and be hiding their names. Like 95% have done this, I have told him that when you all see the result and the prospects, your names will most likely start appearing. tongue tongue grin tongue

texanomaly: Allhamdulilah

Alhamdulillah (Praise be to God).
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Jahswitch(f): 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hello nairalanders. [i][/i] i'm actually new here n i'm also passionate abt literature. Bt i humbly want to ask what dis thread is all abt? Confused :-/
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by texanomaly(f): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
Cuddlemii:

I will ping you later with details.

FYI

BBM : FE1231GD

What's app: 08033358725

Residential Address: 333 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos State,Nigeria. +234-01(Hoe

Email: ile-ijo@yahoo.com; Shannon.Opomulero@visafone.com

Fax: 4973727-7

Nitel Landline: 4973726

Office Number: 2666662 Ext 4444

Office Address: 90 Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos state, Nigeria

I don land for lagos jare, will a cab from the airport be able to locate that your nairaland cubic box you call a house
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Adebayomolara(f): 11:26am On Aug 16, 2014
Hi...
Am new here,happy to be part of you guys
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:53am On Aug 16, 2014
Adebayomolara: Hi...
Hi and welcome to N.U
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Uchechukwuobi: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hello people!

There is just one day left to enter for the SLCF Creative Writing Workshop to be held in Lagos.

The SLCF Creative Writing Workshop
Splendid Literature and Culture Foundation will be hosting a creative writing workshop in Lagos on Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd August, 2014. The workshop is for young Nigerian writers between ages 11 and 21. Mobolaji Adenubi, the award-winning writer and author of Splendid, Empty Arms, and other books, will lead other creative writers to teach the “Mechanics of Writing.”
The workshop aims to improve the writing craft of young writers, and teach them the basics of writing. Participants will be taught how to start and build a story, how to get story ideas, how to develop characters and the different kinds they can develop, different kinds of plot, different points of view to telling a story and when and how to use each, description in narration, how to use suspense, and lots more.

Classes are mainly for young intermediate writers to understand the essentials of creative writing, and generally sharpen their writing craft. All participants will partake in practical sessions where they will write various samples. Participants will also be taught how to get their works out.

This workshop is FREE.
The application deadline is August 17. Successful applicants will be contacted on August 19.
To get a place, send an email to damola@splendidfoundation.com.

The Subject should be “Creative Writing Workshop”

The body of the email should contain the following:

1. Full Name
2. Date of Birth
3. Address
4. Phone number
5. A writing sample of not more than 700 words

For more details, visit www.splendidfoundation.com
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
Adebayomolara: Hi...

hello peeps.

Has anyone read this Nigeria novel? I am trying to remember the title.

Its a secondary school hostel setting where a particular senior guy beat up a teacher, terrorized junior student ( he beat up mercilessly 2 junior students one nicknamed toothless, the other nicknamed skinny or something like that), got suspended from school, went to town pretending to be a contractor, stayed with an unsuspecting family whose head is a tailor, and conned them.

He told the man he was working on a big school uniform sewing contract for him from the school, that the school would give him the job of sewing the uniform of new students and with a juicy package. The gullible man ate it hook line and sinker while the student turned con man lived with him and ate free food.

He even offered to give the man's fully blossomed daugter academic coaching lessons for free. wink

In the long run, he impregnated the tailor's daughter.............................................

ok who knows this novel? Its been very loooooong i read it and I need to remember the title. Thanks
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by bluqk(m): 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Onirugbon

i think the title is "Akpan goes to school".
Written 1826 in madrid undecided
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
bluqk: Onirugbon

i think the title is "Akpan goes to school".
Written 1826 in madrid undecided

I'm serious. I believe someone must have read it as well. Hopefully here.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Na! I've got nothing.
onirugbon1:
hello peeps.
Has anyone read this Nigeria novel? I am trying to remember the title.
Its a secondary school hostel setting where a particular senior guy beat up a teacher, terrorized junior student ( he beat up mercilessly 2 junior students one nicknamed toothless, the other nicknamed skinny or something like that), got suspended from school, went to town pretending to be a contractor, stayed with an unsuspecting family whose head is a tailor, and conned them.
He told the man he was working on a big school uniform sewing contract for him from the school, that the school would give him the job of sewing the uniform of new students and with a juicy package. The gullible man ate it hook line and sinker while the student turned con man lived with him and ate free food.
He even offered to give the man's fully blossomed daugter academic coaching lessons for free. wink
In the long run, he impregnated the tailor's daughter.............................................
ok who knows this novel? Its been very loooooong i read it and I need to remember the title. Thanks
never heard of it
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
[quote author=maclatunji] wow! I am sort of liking this thread so u guys shld tel me wat is it all abt? Any gist? Cos me dy like gist wel wel o
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by OMA4U(m): 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
[quote author=Jollyjoy][/quote] It's mainly for literary section chat! okay?

so enjoy!!!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by maclatunji: 11:35am On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=Jollyjoy][/quote]

Hello, you summoned me? How may I help you?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Tovot: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
Hello ma'am, how are you?
Cuddlemii:

Hi dearie
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
Hello timpaker
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by timpaker(m): 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
Silkmoth33: Hello timpaker
Hey, what's up bro? Good evening

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (725) (Reply)

Silent Seduction / Diary Of A Broke Playboy / The Preacher's Son!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.