Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,048 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? (58126 Views)

Poll: Is it advisable for a woman to share her past with her man?

Yes - honesty is beneficial: 63% (101 votes)
No - most men can't handle it: 36% (57 votes)
This poll has ended

Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? / How Can A Man Know That He Is Good At Bed? / God Exposed My Girlfriend's Past And Present When She Went For Youth Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by JazzFreak(m): 8:14am On Jan 14, 2009
Feelitx:

Happiness in this world comes from knowing less.

The less you know, the less your heartaches.
An instance where you chic owns up that your best friend shagged her for many years before you.
Tell me, what's the use of such yarn. Congratulate the guy or hail the babe ?
The past is backwards, don't look back or you'll turn into salt.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by Eteri: 10:52am On Jan 14, 2009
@djcrucifix i really love ur speech but the is still a very big BUT there,
u are saying this because u've not heard some horrible past if u do im not sure u will still hold on cos 4 me the word LOVE does not exist esecially with Nigerian Men cry
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by JJYOU: 11:00am On Jan 14, 2009
Eteri:

@djcrucifix i really love ur speech but the is still a very big BUT there,
u are saying this because u've not heard some horrible past if u do I'm not sure u will still hold on because 4 me the word LOVE does not exist esecially with Nigerian Men cry
i said this yesterday in another thread. it is not only the men. love as a concept is alien to the Nigerian mind.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by Kourage3: 10:59pm On Jan 22, 2009
Women think differently from men.If a man tells a woman about his past,she feels the urge to hold him closer and guard him closely.
As for men,what is going on in their mind is if she is capable of doing the same to him.
It's a tough call,best not to tell him anything.If he hears from outside and asks you,then tell him the truth.If he cannot handle it,then too bad.By the way what a woman does in her past life prior to meeting you is not admissible in the court of love.The circumstances could have been different and even though it might reflect on her behaviour it does not mean she will do the same with you<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I Lyke That Responce its soo tru.
i kno, Ive Experienced It, Kinda Depressing!
Anyways i Havent told him, he ended up finding
Out on Hiz Own. and on a couple things i lied about it,
but ionly did it cuz i loved him, and i know it owuldve hurt
him, && thats tha last thing i wanna do to my mann,
so yahh,
Thats why i say i think YOU SHOULD TELL HIM ALL OF IT.
EVEN IF YOU DONT WANT TO.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by nuesaweso(f): 2:47pm On May 01, 2009
angry
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by Memunah(f): 10:43am On Jun 13, 2009
beta u knw her past cos most past come back hunting
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by prudentcy(m): 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2009
There is no future without the past and also there will be nothing called history without the past.
everyone has a story to tell whether good or bad,due to the fact that my story is bad does not mean
i'm bad because sometimes circumstances may surround the past,is good to tell your partner
your past because a problem shared is a problem solved.but frankly speaking make sure before you tell your
partner your past it will be difficult for him to back out because sometimes it is difficult to handle for other party a times, but if he's yours he will definitely handle it with love.but never rush to tell him make sure you have been dating each other for some years so that it will be difficult for him to back out because it will be easier for him to cut it off if it's just couple of weeks.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by WhyAWhy(m): 2:47am On Aug 29, 2011
Unfortunately the past doesn't stay buried, better to share it than hear it outside

It's not by force that the partner has to be able to live with it.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by awig26: 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
Well, some asked that married folks should share their opinion, there is no definite opinion in this case, the outcome or resultant response is usually determined by alot of things e.g, the man, the woman, the behaviours of the lady/man, the circumstances under which the issue came up etc. Bottom line though is knowing what you can take and can not take. i'd rather the past stay in the past, if it comes out from someone/somewhere in the distant future, too late, i have made my choice and its for life. Just my opinion, hope it makes some sense.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by dollyshappy: 2:54am On Mar 19, 2017
My fiancé and I fight constantly about my past. I never wanted him to know but now it's like an obsession to him. He told me ALL of his relationships end in him digging into the girls past and they end up leaving him. I really love this man and I want him to change but he doesn't show me any different. I'm very annoyed and confused.

P.S we're about to get married in April.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Intentionally Played A Fast Game On A Lady / Why Dating Younger Girls Is Purely Waste Of Time / Photos Of Bridal Train In Swimsuits That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.