Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754923 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lymelyte(m): 6:43am On Jul 11, 2014
please do i change my naira to australian dollar or US dollar when travelling to australia as a student?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 7:11am On Jul 11, 2014
Haustraliah:
Is it compulsory to deposits tuition fee before applying for visa?

YES, without making a tuition fee deposit you won't be granted your CoE (confirmation of enrolment), and you can never get your student visa without your CoE.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kingsbeko(m): 9:33am On Jul 11, 2014
Plz house!! Under AL3 student visa,, can't an uncle who lives here in nigeria sponsor since his been the one helping out the family. Am confused here!! My father is sick so he's not working at the moment,,, I just got my eCOE dis morning... Plz ur answer will be most appreciated..@surveyor1. bossladyMo, chookudi ,
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Shabaranks: 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
lymelyte: please do i change my naira to australian dollar or US dollar when travelling to australia as a student?
I doubt if u ll ever get australian dollar in naija. US dollar is ur best bet.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Shabaranks: 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
kingsbeko: Plz house!! Under AL3 student visa,, can't an uncle who lives here in nigeria sponsor since his been the one helping out the family. Am confused here!! My father is sick so he's not working at the moment,,, I just got my eCOE dis morning... Plz ur answer will be most appreciated..@surveyor1. bossladyMo, chookudi ,
Well according to immi website, under AL3, ur uncle can only sponsor u if he's an Australian citizen or PR holder. Buh I believe if u can show evidence that he has been the one sponsoring u, then maybe, just maybe u might be lucky.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
Shabaranks:
Well according to immi website, under AL3, ur uncle can only sponsor u if he's an Australian citizen or PR holder. Buh I believe if u can show evidence that he has been the one sponsoring u, then maybe, just maybe u might be lucky.
what of elder brother,who lives abroad (USA) or sister bearing another name due to marriage? please whc one is d best bet. tanz.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Shabaranks: 3:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
laminaria:
what of elder brother,who lives abroad (USA) or sister bearing another name due to marriage? please whc one is d best bet. tanz.
The both are good as long as ur sister can produce her birth certificate and marriage certificate along with the financial documents.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
chookudi: you mean accomodation wise i guess...I would have loved to help out but i am staying with a relation who is married with kids and do not want to "pass my boundary" by looking to bring someone else in. I can however try to get contact info for shared apartments at least for you to stay for a while and then u can be on the lookout for another if you dont like it. Meanwhile you can also browse, google and check up on accomodation close to where you are going to in sydney. You can check for backpackers accomodation. I think its relatively cheaper than other forms of accommodation.

Thanks for your concern.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 11:21am On Jul 12, 2014
bossladyMo: ...
And it also says it is suitable for migration purposes at the end, abi? If you are in doubt, you can always go 489 sha....but there is no cause for alarm, really. Your hardcopy should be coming in latest Tuesday /Wednesday...you can mail them to send you the tracking number.

YES it says...

Based on the evidence provided, the qualification/s and employment described above meet the requirements of your nominated occupation and are assessed as suitable for migration purposes.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stalco84: 11:24am On Jul 12, 2014
Any nigerian in Canberra pls how is accommodation there ? And pls house how long does it take to get svp visa.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 11:35am On Jul 12, 2014
stalco84: Any nigerian in Canberra pls how is accommodation there ? And pls house how long does it take to get svp visa.
when did you aply.....it takes around 9 to 10 working days.....can you send you an inbox message i know someone in canberra that mayb eb abke to help
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 13, 2014
Hello house! Pls does anyone know if I can submit the local govt birth cert (long form) at the NPC office, to get the attestation, rather than having to do an age affidavit/declaration.

Also, for a child less than 1, does one have to make an affidavit/declaration, to get the NPC birth cert for the child. If not, pls what is the process.

Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 10:59am On Jul 13, 2014
^^^
I think the certificate is okay, no need of using affidavit; same for the little child too.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 13, 2014
I particuarly want to get the NPC version, that's why
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 11:22am On Jul 13, 2014
Oh!
I think you will need an affidavit for yours while it is not necessary for the child.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by eniolatee: 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
Bosslady pls can u kindly send ielts materials to me pls? Eniola.tope@yahoo.com pls would really appreciate . Thnx

bossladyMo: I particuarly want to get the NPC version, that's why
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stalco84: 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
smileyAnother visa granted, no bank statement and no test of English. Thank you Lord. Thanks house, thanks to surveyor1.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kakazee: 7:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
stalco84: smileyAnother visa granted, no bank statement and no test of English. Thank you Lord. Thanks house, thanks to surveyor1.

No test of English? Thought IELTS ia part of visa requirements? Congrats.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stalco84: 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
quote author=kakazee]

No test of English? Thought IELTS ia part of visa requirements? Congrats. [/quote]as long as ur educational provider didn't ask for it,then you don't need it. Is only svp oo. I don't know abt others.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stalco84: 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
As long as ur education provider didn't ask for it,then you don't need it. Is only svp oo. I don't know abt others.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 8:21am On Jul 15, 2014
IELTS speaking Slated for tomorow. Am just nervous. Congrats Stalco84 on urr visa
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 10:34am On Jul 15, 2014
Where is jenny? We have not seen her here since the terrorist attack.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Frosti(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
Good morning house.

I have a unique situation/problem that I need your advice/input on. I have a Bsc in microbiology(3rd class) but I want to change into ICT for a PGD and then masters.

Please I would like to know schools that offer such in Australia. Pointers would be deeply appreciated. Hope I can get admission with my third class?

What are my chances of getting an admission and then visa into a uni in Australia?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
Your chances very slim as Microbiology is purely biological while ICT computer plus different course outlines. However, you may want to forward your document to any of the Universities and await the response. Good luck. You can Google for the ICT universities in Aussie.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
How does DIAC calculate work experience? Do they only give points for post qualification or will pre-qualification be considered as well?

For example I have 11years Work experience as an accountant. I have BSC BUs Admin 2000, MBA 2007 but got my ACCA ( Accounting qualification) in 2012. I'm Nominating Accountant general as my occupation for immigration purpose. Will DIAC only consider 2 years of work experience or will the whole 11 years be considered? Thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Frosti(m): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
aduktus: Your chances very slim as Microbiology is purely biological while ICT computer plus different course outlines. However, you may want to forward your document to any of the Universities and await the response. Good luck. You can Google for the ICT universities in Aussie.

Thank you.

What of a second degree option in ICT? How viable is it? And what are my prospects of getting work and then PR after studies?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stalco84: 11:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
@ nattybanta, thanks. Hello everyone,pls do I really need yellow card to travel?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 5:26am On Jul 16, 2014
stalco84: @ nattybanta, thanks. Hello everyone,pls do I really need yellow card to travel?
Without it brother na 6months quarantine they wait you so for airport
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 9:32am On Jul 16, 2014
Nwokenna:
Without it brother na 6months quarantine they wait you so for airport
hahahahahahahha just for an ordinary card.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nues1769: 9:48am On Jul 16, 2014
Frosti: Good morning house.

I have a unique situation/problem that I need your advice/input on. I have a Bsc in microbiology(3rd class) but I want to change into ICT for a PGD and then masters.

Please I would like to know schools that offer such in Australia. Pointers would be deeply appreciated. Hope I can get admission with my third class?

What are my chances of getting an admission and then visa into a uni in Australia?

you can check federation university.I am almost in the same shoe with you only that I have bsc in Zoology
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 10:07am On Jul 16, 2014
nattybanta: hahahahahahahha just for an ordinary card.
I believe seeing is believing, tell us how it goes when you come in without it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stalco84: 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
6months quarantine ke? I tire o, pls where can I get it and how much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.