Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,421 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752799 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by uist: 8:04am On Nov 02, 2014
Do i need IELTS? Do i need it when applying for visa? U already in Aussie.
alukojosh:

Kind of fall in thesame shoe as yours, same grade, same course and have CoE already, no schorlarship and the admission is easy. For msc you'll fall under svp meaning no need for statement of account buh if your uncle SOA weigh no problem if not that is still no problem as you are covered with svp. University of canberra gave me admission straight and good responses from other schools attempted but i was cool with UC the tuition is cheaper compare to other schools.
Best of God in your search
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by piusford: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2014
I am new here. I like the quality information been share here. UBKTech, please I need your contact before you ball enter aussie. You have plenty experience I need.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by piusford: 9:40am On Nov 02, 2014
prechear:
Really glad today. PR Finally Granted. The wait was crazy.. Tnx guys for sharing those tips, we should keep it up. Goodluck and Godspeed to all OZ hopefuls. #Patience. #TeamAustralia. #Melbourne.
. Prechear, I am happy for you . Go and do exploites. How long was the wait? I am a medical laboratory scientist, practicing here in Nija. Writing the IELTS 13th Dec. Give me details please.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 02, 2014
I tried applying to some universities under svp but I was told I have to use an agent since I am applying for svp. Please can anyone in the house tell me the school I can apply to under svp that I don't need to use an agent?. Please house help
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by piusford: 9:47am On Nov 02, 2014
UBKtech:

I would advise you to either remove or change your details on the said emails and paste them here. That way people will respond to you and someone else can learn from your experience.
. UBKtech, \I greet you. From UNEC. Please I am taking the same route as you, so I will need your advice as am just starting with exams( ielts) on december. My e-mail is piusfords@gmail.com.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 02, 2014
piusford:
. UBKtech, \I greet you. From UNEC. Please I am taking the same route as you, so I will need your advice as am just starting with exams( ielts) on december. My e-mail is piusfords@gmail.com.
Studied in UNEC too, which department. I was MLS and Stayed in IJ

piusford:
I am new here. I like the quality information been share here. UBTech, please I need your contact before you ball enter aussie. You have plenty experience I need.

Hehe....I am already in Aussie
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 10:30am On Nov 02, 2014
piusford:
. Prechear, I am happy for you . Go and do exploites. How long was the wait? I am a medical laboratory scientist, practicing here in Nija. Writing the IELTS 13th Dec. Give me details please.

Tnx very much Piusford. U are welcome to this thread. The wait was abt 8 months after skills assessment. I also shared my timeline, u can check it out. Goodluck with ur ielts in Dec.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2014
piusford:

Here are the steps you need to access Skilled Migration as a Medical Laboratory Scientist:

STEPS REQUIRED FOR APPLYING FOR THIS VISA

STEP 1
To see if you qualify for this program, you need at least 60 points, goto:
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx click on ‘Points Test’
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/190.aspx click on ‘Points Test’
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx click on ‘Points Test’

STEP 2
Undertake IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is conducted every month by the British Council across several towns in Nigeria https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/nigeria You will need an Overall Band score of 7.0 in either the Academic or General Training module of the test.
For IELTS preparation materials, you could go to; www.ieltsbuddy.com

STEP 3
Undertake Skills assessment by the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists (AIMS). This is the rate limiting step for skilled migration to Australia as a Medical Laboratory Scientist http://www.aims.org.au/services/individual-assessment/medical-laboratory-scientist
Usually done in two stages:
A) Paper based assessment; you will submit your certificates and job references to AIMS for evaluation. At the end of this stage you will be classified as an MLT and invited to write the AIMS professional exams.
B) The AIMS professional exams take place in March/September each year in several cities around the world. If are successful at this exams, then you are ready for STEP 4
For more info about this exam, course contents, sample questions or venues, please view this link: http://www.aims.org.au/services/aims-professional-examination/aims-professional-examination

STEP 4
Submit an Expression of Interest on SKILLSELECT and receive an INVITE
www.skillselect.gov.au

STEP 5
Apply for Visa, Do Medical & Police checks

STEP 6
Receive your Visa & Migrate

Depending on when you start, this process takes 12 - 18 months to conclude. See you in Australia
www.immi.gov.au

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 02, 2014
alukojosh:

Thanks for the response, Seems am good to go. Below is the document checklist and no birth certificate of me or my wife requested in the list except our marriage certificate... I'll keep the house posted and your prayers is needed
Subclass 573: Document checklist - Streamlined
This document lists the information and supporting documents required to lodge your student visa application. It also lists additional documents that you might need to provide depending on your individual circumstances.
After completing this checklist, please attach it to the front of your application.
You might also be eligible to apply online.
See: Online Applications - Students
• The Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) certificate issued by your eligible education provider for the main course you are undertaking indicating that you are enrolled in a Bachelor or Masters by Coursework degree.
If you are intending to undertake an ELICOS, foundation or other pathway course (for example, bridging course or vocational educational course) as a prerequisite or to enable you to commence your bachelor or masters by coursework degree, you must also provide evidence of a CoE for each eligible prerequisite course(s). The approved enabling or prerequisite course(s) must be provided by an educational business partner nominated by your university and approved by the Minister for Immigration and Border Protection.
• Visa application charge – payable to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) by credit card, debit card, bank cheque or money order.
See: Visa Charges
• Certified copies of passport or travel documents of all people included in the application. Passports must not have expired. If you are asked to attend one of our offices you must bring your passport.
Personal documents
• If you are applying from outside Australia, four recent passport sized photographs (45mmx35mm) of you and any other person included in the application. If applying in Australia, only one photograph of each person is required.
• These photographs should be of the head and shoulders only against a plain background.
• Print the name of the person on the back of each photograph.
• Evidence of the relationship between you and your family.
Example:
• certified copies or notarised copies of birth certificates (including those who are not joining you in Australia)
• marriage certificate.
Health examinations
• You and any family member planning to remain with you in Australia may be required to undergo health examinations as part of the visa application process.
See: Health examinations
You are able to organise your health examinations before lodging a visa application.
Health insurance and character documents
• Evidence that you have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your visa. Your visa expiry date will be determined by the expiry date of your OSHC.
• You might be required to provide a penal clearance for any country you have lived in for 12 months, or longer, in the last ten years, since reaching 16 years of age. If you have served in the armed forces of any country, you might be required to provide certified copies of military service records or discharge papers. The office processing your application will advise you if they require these documents.
Financial documents
• You must declare on your student visa application that you have sufficient funds to cover yourself and your family members for the duration of your stay in Australia for:
• living costs
• tuition costs
• School costs for any school-aged children.
You must also declare that you have access to funds to cover travel costs to and from Australia.
The departmental officer assessing your application will need to be satisfied that the funds you are relying on will genuinely be available to you during your stay in Australia.
the document checklist for SVP on DIBP is different from what VFS has. the attached doc is from VFS.

1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by walmak(m): 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
I wrote my IELTS yesterday. Thank God, I did my best. Waiting for the outcome in 12days time.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oluwatobi94: 2:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
[quote author=aduktus post=27597865][/quote]

Thanks will be doing that this week.....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by badenugba: 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
UBKtech:

Here are the steps you need to access Skilled Migration as a Medical Laboratory Scientist:
@ UBKtech, I tot the qualifying points for skill select is 60 and not 50
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
uist:
Do i need IELTS? Do i need it when applying for visa? U already in Aussie.
no am not yet in Oz, l didn't do IELTS and from information gathered through the good guys i dont need one. I have my CoE and will be be applying for visa as soon as am done gathering all my documents. Best of luck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
troubled:
I tried applying to some universities under svp but I was told I have to use an agent since I am applying for svp. Please can anyone in the house tell me the school I can apply to under svp that I don't need to use an agent?. Please house help
university of canberra, application is free

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 8:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
I need help in writing "brief statement setting out your reasons for undertaking your
intended course(s) of study in Australia.",will also add more help in the course of gathering the necessary documents
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
badenugba:

@ UBKtech, I tot the qualifying points for skill select is 60 and not 50
Yes, you need 60 points. But note that the points tested aspect of the skilled migration program includes 489, 190 & 189 visa subclasses. Now with 489 subclass you have to score 50points on your own and state or territory sponsorship will give you 10, while for 190, you need to score 55 and sponsorship will add the needed 5points. So, on your own you just need 50points to throw your hat into the ring. MLS is on the occupation list of ALL states and territory.

I have also amended my earlier post to avoid it being misconstrued grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by badenugba: 9:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
UBKtech:

Yes, you need 60 points. But note that the points tested aspect of the skilled migration program includes 489, 190 & 189 visa subclasses. Now with 489 subclass you have to score 50points on your own and state or territory sponsorship will give you 10, while for 190, you need to score 55 and sponsorship will add the needed 5points. So, on your own you just need 50points to throw your hat into the ring. MLS is on the occupation list of ALL states and territory.

I have also amended my earlier post to avoid it being misconstrued grin
Yeah, read it online today,
Plus do u have materials to prepare with for IETLS wanna write it soon
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by badenugba: 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
Will British Council give a study pack after registering for IETLS so that one can have materials to study with?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
badenugba:
Will British Council give a study pack after registering for IETLS so that one can have materials to study with?
You can start with www.ieltsbuddy.com, there are tonnes of practice materials on the net, use Google.
Also, Bossmolady has a ielts diet that will make you score 9/9 grin

@Bossmolady, congratulations! When is the naming tongue
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spiggy: 12:03am On Nov 04, 2014
prechear:
Really glad today. PR Finally Granted. The wait was crazy.. Tnx guys for sharing those tips, we should keep it up. Goodluck and Godspeed to all OZ hopefuls. #Patience. #TeamAustralia. #Melbourne.

Congrats !!!!!!

The waiting finally paid off grin - wish you all the best for the future

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 04, 2014
UBKtech:

You can start with www.ieltsbuddy.com, there are tonnes of practice materials on the net, use Google.
Also, Bossmolady has a ielts diet that will make you score 9/9 grin

@Bossmolady, congratulations! When is the naming tongue

Thanks bro! *shiningteeth* Naming ke...pikin wey don collect passport sef, lol. Naming was 2 weeks ago...she is 3 weeks today sef.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by badenugba: 1:59am On Nov 04, 2014
bossladyMo:

Thanks bro! *shiningteeth* Naming ke...pikin wey don collect passport sef, lol. Naming was 2 weeks ago...she is 3 weeks today sef.
@ Bossmolady, congrat
Help me with IETLS materials o, i won get 9/9 grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 2:43am On Nov 04, 2014
alukojosh:
I need help in writing "brief statement setting out your reasons for undertaking your
intended course(s) of study in Australia.",will also add more help in the course of gathering the necessary documents

I can help add pepper and salt grin, however you need to come up with a draft.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 12:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
spiggy:

Congrats !!!!!!

The waiting finally paid off grin - wish you all the best for the future

Tnx Spiggy
Patience naim win am. All d best sir.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
FutureDon:

I can help add pepper and salt grin, however you need to come up with a draft.

Thanks future don, wish I could go start tomorrow,but still have some ish. My employment letter only carries 75k which I think is d reason why I was denied u.s visiting. Do you think its advisable for me to still add proof of employment. Also can you send me the list of documents I need add to be certain about this visa dont want submission exceed this week. Thanks necessary advise from the house is welcome as I've gone too far to loose. Thanks im Advance
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by brelyn: 5:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
guyz plz help me out here! i am a 3rd class graduate of economics here in naija and i want to study nursing in australia, here are my questions:
1. can i study diploma in nursing with my 1st degree or WASSCE?
2. after the diploma course, do i get to work in d clinics like every other nurse or do i hve to get a degree and masters in nursing
3. is tafe d same with diploma?
thanks in advance
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by brelyn: 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
also, does nursing require subjects like physics, chemistry cos i only did biology and other social science subjects.
thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by walmak(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2014
piusford:
Congratulations Bro. We will also be congratulated on this someday.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 7:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
walmak:

Congratulations Bro. We will also be congratulated on this someday.

Absolutely. Waiting to rejoice with u as well. Continue to put in d work required and with God/Patience, tht Golden email will land one early morning. Tnx bro. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by sunnysunshine: 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
Hello my people,i ve been following the information you guys are providing here with keen interest.i have some few questions i would like the house to help me .i have just been given an admission under SVP,my agent is now requesting sponsorship letter,financial statement of account and the company registration of the sponsor.please do i need to supply all these documents considering that i am under SVP?

My second question is about the student visa application form,i once applied for cyprus visa about 7years ago,but the visa was denied...and i m being asked now if i have ever being refused visa in any country before?please my people is there any way they are going to find out if my answer is in negative?

The third question is about my pspt data information,i have once used different date of birth in my expired passport,but the new renewed passport i m using now has my really date of birth which is different from the one on the expired passport.is it going to affect my visa application if i accept that i once had a different DOB ?Thanks all...your answers will be highly appreciated...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 8:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
brelyn:
guyz plz help me out here! i am a 3rd class graduate of economics here in naija and i want to study nursing in australia, here are my questions:
1. can i study diploma in nursing with my 1st degree or WASSCE?
2. after the diploma course, do i get to work in d clinics like every other nurse or do i hve to get a degree and masters in nursing
3. is tafe d same with diploma?
thanks in advance
I was in d same shoe wit u before... lemme highlights some key factors for u tho our gurus too can add as well.
*diploma in nursing will leads to enrolled nurse
*bsc will leads to registered nurse, different level of responsibilities but does d same functions
*yes Ielts is a major requirement for admission excpt few schools or for graduate courses
*as for ur olevel...I don't really tink it is a huge barrier for u, and maybe to use ur degree or not I tink this depends on ur age as am concern cos if u are like close to 30 or 30+ I tink u might need it but if otherwise just use other certificate u av...but ur SOP must be convincing enough and test of English,
Shalom bro!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
sunnysunshine:
Hello my people,i ve been following the information you guys are providing here with keen interest.i have some few questions i would like the house to help me .i have just been given an admission under SVP,my agent is now requesting sponsorship letter,financial statement of account and the company registration of the sponsor.please do i need to supply all these documents considering that i am under SVP?

My second question is about the student visa application form,i once applied for cyprus visa about 7years ago,but the visa was denied...and i m being asked now if i have ever being refused visa in any country before?please my people is there any way they are going to find out if my answer is in negative?

The third question is about my pspt data information,i have once used different date of birth in my expired passport,but the new renewed passport i m using now has my really date of birth which is different from the one on the expired passport.is it going to affect my visa application if i accept that i once had a different DOB ?Thanks all...your answers will be highly appreciated...
*first questions has been treated so many times, the thing is.. you don't need any about financial documents so long u are under SVP, it requires lesser docs but if u av it available I guess is a plus for u..u can check WWW.immmi.gov.au for more info on it
*if I am in ur shoe I don't tink am gonna include Cyprus atuff...I doubt it if they can av such info on their database...if it usa-oz I can still tink they can..
*passport...if this has noting to do wit ur current admmiaion package. and u know u wnt av to bring it to play..me tink just go ahead n use dis new one
my opinions are subjected for corrections
shalom bro!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.