Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,412 members, 7,826,599 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Having an Affair With My Cousin - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Having an Affair With My Cousin (38747 Views)

How Can I Stop My Affair With My Neighbour? / My Affair With A Generous Aristo / Should I Tell His Wife That He Is Having An Affair With Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by hotangel2(f): 3:35am On Aug 21, 2005
So i and so many other people are abnormal. How sweet. This isn't about the western world alone. Most people in third world countries do it, it isn't about doing what the western world does, it's about being with the one u feel safe with (could be your cousin). smiley
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by Ra(f): 3:37am On Aug 21, 2005
I rest my case.... whatever makes people happy, taking into cognizance however the unnecessary spread of family and hereditary diseases.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by WesleyanA(f): 3:42am On Aug 21, 2005
IMO, having an affair w/ a cousin is wrong doesn't make sense.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by hotangel2(f): 3:46am On Aug 21, 2005
Ra:

I rest my case.... whatever makes people happy, taking into cognizance however the unnecessary spread of family and hereditary diseases.

Do u mean people that aren't ur family members don't have heriditary diseases?
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by kazey(m): 3:50am On Aug 21, 2005
Hum Hausas Fulanis and Nupe's marry their cousins. So we dont really need to go western.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by hotangel2(f): 3:51am On Aug 21, 2005
Tell me about it. smiley Infact yoruba's are now doing it. It's just not common, but Ilorin people do it.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by WesleyanA(f): 3:52am On Aug 21, 2005
what RA meant is that if you allow two closely related people to marry (or have sex), their offspring may be prone to some serious genetic defects and diseases.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by kazey(m): 3:54am On Aug 21, 2005
Well this particular tribes dont have problem with that. Do they?
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by hotangel2(f): 3:54am On Aug 21, 2005
Oh Please Wesley. You just made everything worse. You mean if i didn't kow i married my cousin, our kids will be "prone to genetics defects"? Well here's a news, if both of u have good bloods and whatnot...your kids will be fine. If one of you have bad whatever, it will affect your kid. Likewise if you don't even marry your cousin. U can marry someone else and your kids will still have kosko (genetic defects).
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by Ra(f): 3:56am On Aug 21, 2005
Thanks WesleYanA.... I'll go one step further and say their offsprings WILL be prone to many genetic defects and diseases. It's worth reading up on for those who see nothing wrong in what is called consanguinity and affinity.

1 Like

Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by kazey(m): 3:58am On Aug 21, 2005
yes theoretically, but based on occurences and records, there isnt much recorded facts statistically. Especially in the Northern part of Nigeria or even the Arabian World and some Asian Countries.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by hotangel2(f): 3:59am On Aug 21, 2005
What are u guys saying?? WILL be prone for genetics defects? that is sooo not true. When has joining two family bloods together become a medical defects? tell me that if you need blood and then, one of your family desides to donate for you, you'll have genetics defects. If both of you are fine Genetically without diseases, you can have sex and mix your blood and your kids will be fine. Please do researches right!
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by WesleyanA(f): 4:00am On Aug 21, 2005
it's called INCEST duh!.. and you think that's good and healthy?
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by kazey(m): 4:02am On Aug 21, 2005
Incest when you are married and not from the same direct parents?

in·cest
1. Sexual relations between persons who are so closely related that their marriage is illegal or forbidden by custom.
2. The statutory crime of sexual relations with such a near relative.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by hotangel2(f): 4:03am On Aug 21, 2005
Incest means:
1. Sexual relations between persons who are so closely related that their marriage is illegal or forbidden by custom.
2. The statutory crime of sexual relations with such a near relative.

You can only call it incest if you believe it's[b] FORBIDDEN/ call it a crime[/b]. I don't believe it's forbidden so it's not incest to me.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by kazey(m): 4:05am On Aug 21, 2005
hum by the way so the human race are fruits of incest ?
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by WesleyanA(f): 4:12am On Aug 21, 2005
i really don't care anymore marry your sister if you want. that's none of my business.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by kazey(m): 4:15am On Aug 21, 2005
hum well , thats not the issue here. I dont even have a sister by the way. What I was trying to say here, was there is nothing wrong with marying your cousin. Except it is a taboo in your tribe, and you believe in such taboos otherwise just open your heart and let it go smiley
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by hotangel2(f): 4:16am On Aug 21, 2005
Wesley marrying my sister will be a taboo. because I will be marrying myself. cheesy I have no sister, i am my sister and my brother.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by layi(m): 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2005
I believe sum families are so extendeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed that u hardly know all your cousins. Even the parents hardly know themselves (second/distant cousin stuff).
They could get married . Is that still incest?

I wouldnt do it anyway (if i know she's my cousin) but we r layin facts here not just ideals.

@hot-angel.
U mean u r an 'only child'?
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by Ra(f): 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2005
hot-angel..... you conduct better research on this if it's of any importance to you. While you're at it, check out why Indian families are more prone to hereditary diseases than most other races.......Geez! Can it possibly be because they are fond of keeping it in-house, so to speak? I wonder undecided
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by hotangel2(f): 12:26am On Aug 22, 2005
@ layi i am on only child. Yehaww..

@ Ra... I'll try the research. This is complicated. smiley
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by gina34(f): 9:47am On Aug 22, 2005
well i guess it a thing of choice here.
As for me i will never try such.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by queen2(f): 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2005
Thats ridiculous. aww ... mmba, rolleyes
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by TaliTali(m): 11:21am On Aug 25, 2005
cousin affair, very bad.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by WesleyanA(f): 11:33pm On Aug 25, 2005
i know right?
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by TaliTali(m): 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2005
Yes then be ware of it ok?
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by WesleyanA(f): 2:07am On Aug 31, 2005
you beware of it okay? smiley
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by hotangel2(f): 4:38am On Aug 31, 2005
Nuh uh.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by bjdon: 8:35am On Aug 31, 2005
Hey People
One thing that's not clear is 'just how close is this cousin' if it's a direct first cousin then I guess the answer would be no however if it's an indrect 2nd or 3rd cousin then what's the problem. Whenever I go home Iam always being introduced to 'this cousin and that cosin' hey I even have anuties Iam older than and I can tell you some of them look mighty fine!!!. So if it's not a first cousin go for it after all that's what happens in the British Royal familly!!
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by goodguy(m): 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2005
Why is everyone talking about customs and traditions?

The first poster says: IS ANYTHING WRONG IN HAVING AN AFFAIR MY COUSIN..
The answer is YES. Everything is wrong with it. Why in the world should you be kissing and laying on your cousin shocked? For God's sake, no sane person will do that. Morally, it is wrong. This is pure LUST which the Bible warns us against serioiusly. If you say there's nothing wrong in having an affair with your cousin, then there's nothing equally wrong in having an affair with your uncle or even ur father or brother. I dont know why such a thing should ever occur to your mind, not to talk of doing it. It' totally uncalled for!

The fact that it is done in the North, Ilorin, Arabian regions and Asia does not still make it right! Now I see why so many Hausas and Fulanis get crippled, blind, deaf and dumb. They are more prone to these than any other tribes in Nigeria. This is probably as a result of hereditary diseases passed on from one generation to the other due to their so-called customs and traditions of marrying their relatives.

I personally will not have an affair with my cousin. Period!

1 Like

Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by WesleyanA(f): 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2005
goodguy:

I personally will not have an affair with my cousin. Period!
why. because your cousins are ugly? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Getting Married This Weekend, Called Out For Sleeping Around(photos / Another Lady Gets Rejected By Her Boyfriend After She Proposed In Lagos, Video / Cute Pre-wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander's Sister And Her Fiance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.