Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,176 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate (24080 Views)

FG Seeks Abolition Of Visa Requirement Among D-8 Member Countries / Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by fagamite: 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2012
ndu_chucks: The fight for the soul of the SW will be bloody because the players are now intellectual "Adedibus". They are smart, stubborn, and savvy. The downside is that they love money and Owambe parties, and those characteristics will ultimately be their weakest link.

Hear one of their intellectuals: "ati Thursday lati ma mo ti Weekend ba ma dun" translation: na from Thursday we dey take know whether weekend go sweet. If that is not a reference to owambe party, I don't know what is. cheesy

Intellectual indeed.

Intellectual dobo-dobo

London based intellectual

Intellectuals made smart by the almighty Google algorithm

All hail our owambe intellectual.

Intellectual sans original research

Intellectual sans original thought

Flip-flopping Intellectuals

Intellectuals who once loved Tinubu, now they are against ACN, if you give them more time, they'd probably say PDP is the best hope for Nigeria

Londoner intellectuals who aint quite Londoners

All hail Katsumoto, NL's resident intellectual! Fraud in real life, intellectual of great repute online

Fawned over on NL by Naijababe, ridiculed and ignored in real life

May God save us from the fraud parading as intellectual
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Katsumoto: 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2012
ndu_chucks: The fight for the soul of the SW will be bloody because the players are now intellectual "Adedibus". They are smart, stubborn, and savvy. The downside is that they love money and Owambe parties, and those characteristics will ultimately be their weakest link.

Hear one of their intellectuals: "ati Thursday lati ma mo ti Weekend ba ma dun" translation: na from Thursday we dey take know whether weekend go sweet. If that is not a reference to owambe party, I don't know what is. cheesy

Malam Ndu chuks

So basically, Yoruba people only go to Owambe parties? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

They don't seek other forms of leisure and pleasure? ? No clubs, bars, watching sports, chasing tail, etc?

The ignorance or mischievousness of people can be astounding at times?

Besides, sleeping on Sunday morning after a heavy duty Owambe must be better than packaging a bomb on Saturday night to maim and kill those going to church on Sunday morning.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

Malam Ndu chuks

So basically, Yoruba people only go to Owambe parties? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

They don't seek other forms of leisure and pleasure? ? No clubs, bars, watching sports, chasing tail, etc?

The ignorance or mischievousness of people can be astounding at times?

Besides, sleeping on Sunday morning after a heavy duty Owambe must be better than packaging a bomb on Saturday night to maim and kill those going to church on Sunday morning.

Damn!!! That's below the below the belt man grin
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by fagamite: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2012
Of course!
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by fagamite: 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto, this is where you thank naijababe and do your usual online 'sina.' wink

She is waiting; dont leave a woman hanging.

A scorned woman . . .
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Gbawe: 6:19pm On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:

How's that even possible. No brain, no nerves, no pulsation to cause a headache!

Boy! You are a fraud. You are an irredeemable di.ck head!

Olodo. No appreciation of wit. I'll give you another hint. "airhead" are always told not to think too much to prevent a headache. I only offer you the same 'wisdom' here. Don't attempt complex thoughts (perhaps something like 2 + 2 in your case) too much and your headache will subside.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2012
Gbawe:

Olodo. No appreciation of wit. I'll give you another hint. "airhead" are always told not to think too much to prevent a headache. I only offer you the same 'wisdom' here. Don't attempt complex thoughts (perhaps something like 2 + 2 in your case) too much and your headache will subside.

took you this long to deliver this flat line. Gbawe, you have been rendered redundant. Give up now.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by nduchucks: 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2012
You people need to lighten up. One can't even craftfully inject distraction into the thread to ease the tension. BTW what is wrong with Owambe parties? Those are more enjoyable than clubs or bars. oro eyin people yi ti su mi. smiley
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:
Capitalism in Nigeria !!!!!!!! You mean nepotism right.

Can you practice any form of capitalism when you have no transportation (bad roads, air coffins), when you don't spend on education? And when you have no energy to power industry?

You either make your money from monopoly, oil blocks or reaping off the Consumer.

From what I know, Nigeria practices a weird form of extreme capitalism, where everything is paid for by the citizenry... Capitalism doesn't require transportation and other services to thrive - it means(at least in layman's term) the control of a country's resources by a few elites, at the expense of the majority... The government owns absolutely nothing in Nigeria right now, almost everything is owned by private individuals, or multinationals - that was the point I was trying drive in...
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by fagamite: 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2012
Gbawe:

You call that wit? It is hard to believe how incredibly dimwitted you are. Witless as a stone
that the other stones make fun of. So witless that you have traveled far beyond dimwittedness as we know it and into a new dimension of witlessness.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Katsumoto: 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2012
ndu_chucks: You people need to lighten up. One can't even craftfully inject distraction into the thread to ease the tension. BTW what is wrong with Owambe parties? Those are more enjoyable than clubs or bars.

grin grin grin grin grin

And I was equally responding in kind. grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by fagamite: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
shymexx:

From what I know, Nigeria practices a weird form of extreme capitalism, where everything is paid for by the citizenry... Capitalism doesn't require transportation and other services to thrive - it means(at least in layman's term) the control of a country's resources by a few elites, at the expense of the majority... The government owns absolutely nothing in Nigeria right now, almost everything is owned by private individuals, or multinationals - that was the point I was trying drive in...

Not true. Oil, Security, Power etc are still under govt's control. There is capitalism, but not as extreme as you make it.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by aljharem(m): 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2012
am glad desola has opened her eyes grin grin grin grin grin Tinubu is not better than OBJ
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by fagamite: 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin

And I was equally responding in kind. grin grin grin

On behalf of Naijababe: This is below the below the below the below the belt. In fact, this is inside the epon. grin

###posting-first-thinking-later
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Katsumoto: 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
shymexx:

Ok, I get you but be reminded that until recently, people in China paid for everything and they were practicing Communism and much different from Communist Cuba.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by fagamite: 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
alj harem: am glad desola has opened her eyes grin grin grin grin grin Tinubu is not better than OBJ

Too late though. I wish there were more people as thoughtful as moi.

Just say it: I am better than a psychic!
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by nduchucks: 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
@Gbawe, if a relative of mine offends you and refuses to apologize and I apologize on the relative's behalf, under what condition would you accept the apology?
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
fagamite:
Not true. Oil, Security, Power etc are still under govt's control. There is capitalism, but not as extreme as you make it.

The oil isn't owned by the government, multinationals own most of the oil... We don't even have refineries; which means we sell our own quarter of the oil to multinationals, and buy it back from them in its refined form...

The thriving institutions in Nigeria(including schools) are owned by private individuals...
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Gbawe: 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:

took you this long to deliver this flat line. Gbawe, you have been rendered redundant. Give up now.

Olodo, I should stay here and not move for the benefit of a butch hag like you? Do yourself a favour and concentrate on those actually paying you fawning attention. We know "hell hath no fury like Desola a woman scorned"

Here, because you are not clever enough, you don't see how obvious it is to 'discerning' Nairalanders (like Naturalwaves) that you are acting like a School kid with an unrequited crush. Abeg focus on sad eunuchs and frustrated pervs like fagasmitten and PuzzyB . That is your level because no refined or cultured man , with good taste, will touch an 'acidic' hag like you with a ten foot pole that has a smelly rag at the end of it.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by aljharem(m): 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2012
fagamite:

Too late though. I wish there were more people as thoughtful as moi.

Just say it: I am better than a psychic!
grin grin ;DFstranger I have always seen it. I hope likes of seant02, demdem etc too would wake up
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by aljharem(m): 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2012
Gbawe the way you support Tinubu knowing clearly how corrupt and two mouthed he is, it is amazing

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by PointB: 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
alj harem: am glad desola has opened her eyes grin grin grin grin grin Tinubu is not better than OBJ
I am still waiting for her to as 'thank' me for 'exposing' Gbawe. But then, my job is a thankless task. The good thing is that Desola is free. And Katsumoto is not buying the Tinubu/ACN saintly bullcrap.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:
Ok, I get you but be reminded that until recently, people in China paid for everything and they were practicing Communism and much different from Communist Cuba.

I just want to see something similar to what Awolowo did... Most Yoruba intellectuals(including my parents) are what they're today because of his policies... We need to develop the people as well and not just structures(we've failed miserably in that regard as well) because when the structures get old and wither away, the people would be able to erect new ones...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by naturalwaves: 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:
Gbawe, you have been rendered redundant. Give up now.

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by fagamite: 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2012
shymexx:

The oil isn't owned by the government, multinationals own most of the oil... We don't even have refineries; which means we sell our own quarter of the oil to multinationals, and buy it back from them in its refined form...

The thriving institutions in Nigeria(including schools) are owned by private individuals...

Again wrong: The vast majority of tertiary institutions is owned by the govt.

The vast majority of secondary schools in Nigeria is owned by govt. Even the federal govt has FGC, FGGC, and Unity schools

The vast majority of primary schools is owned by state govts.

The govt is still very much in charge. That said, it is time they hand off schools to the private sector.

Also, I think oil is still owned by the govt to a great extent. Anyway, you are talking like Katsumoto and Ekiti Bear. Do you live in London?

And BTW, we do have refineries, they are not just working at the needed capacity.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by aljharem(m): 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2012
PointB:
I am still waiting for her to as 'thank' me for 'exposing' Gbawe. But then, my job is a thankless task. The good thing is that Desola is free. And Katsumoto is not buying the Tinubu/ACN saintly bullcrap.

PointB it was never about you. An average man on the streets of Lagos should know that Tinubu is a fraud. The down fall of ACN is upto Tinubu. Even before he started campaigning against tinubu my stance has always been cleared
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by naturalwaves: 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:
Gbawe, you have been rendered redundant. Give up now.

I guess Ur aim was to derail and turn d thread into an abusive one immediately U saw d name GBAWE.Are U now happy U've turned d thread into a messy one? I wonder Y U asking him to give up cos no one seems 2 be in a competition with U.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Katsumoto: 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2012
shymexx:

I just want to see something similar to what Awolowo did... Most Yoruba intellectuals(including my parents) are what they're today because of his policies... We need to develop the people as well and not just structures(we've failed miserably in that regard as well) because when the structures get old and wither away, the people would be able to erect new ones...

That is why I am disappointed that no one is pushing for regionalism so that all regions can practice a system that suits them best. No political leaning stays in power for long but it is good for both left, right, and centrist parties to be involved so as to keep the politicians on their toes.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by PointB: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2012
Gbawe:

Olodo, I should stay here and not move for the benefit of a butch hag like you? Do yourself a favour and concentrate on those actually paying you fawning attention. We know "hell hath no fury like Desola a woman scorned"

Here, because you are not clever enough, you don't see how obvious it is to 'discerning' Nairalanders (like Naturalwaves) that you are acting like a School kid with an unrequited crush. Abeg focus on sad eunuchs and frustrated pervs like fagasmitten and PuzzyB . That is your level because no refined or cultured man , with good taste, will touch an 'acidic' hag like you with a ten foot pole that has a smelly rag at the end of it.

Guy give it up already! Are you not ashamed of yourself haba! An old man with great white beard, exchanging words with a woman. I guess, you have no class, really!

Fagamite is loitering around the scene waiting for a chance to lay his paws on your sad ass, perhaps you can take the opportunity presented and save face. Abi which kain id!ot you be self? Akanbi_edu has even abandoned you. Don't you have a life? Na wa oo. Old men and their diseased tongues!
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
Gbawe:

You have forgotten that you require a spine to actually stand to hold a ten foot pole to me. There are men and there are men! You, my dear are a mere prototype, not the finished original version. You are too effeminate to be a full blooded man.

Nevermind, only real men need apply. wink
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by PointB: 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2012
alj harem:

PointB it was never about you. An average man on the streets of Lagos should know that Tinubu is a fraud. The down fall of ACN is upto Tinubu. Even before he started campaigning against tinubu my stance has always been cleared

Naa, that's not what I am saying. I am about the fact that Gbawe sold lies to every Yoruba here, that attacks against Tinubu/ACN is borne out of ethnic bigotry. But persistent folks like Beaf, and myself never bought that bull-crap. Now eyes are popping open, and people are asking questions. People are demanding to know Tinubu's motive for imposing candidates. Akanbi_edu has try to give and answer, but Gbawe is simply using desola as a distraction. Abi you are not seeing it?

That is what I am referring to.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2012
shymexx:

gidi gbam!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

BREAKING: Heavy Fire At Lagos Popular Market Balogun Island [SEE Photos] / Buhari Has A Heart Flowing With Milk, He Will Release Nnamdi Kanu To Me – Kalu / Rally Against Senator Hama Misau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.