Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church (62686 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by OmoAlata(f): 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
I joined MFM in April this year and I've thoroughly enjoyed each service (even joined the prayer warriors). 3 months ago, after another headbanging, vigorous prayer session grin, I remembered something my mother did to me 20 years ago. When I told her, she was shaking because I wasn't supposed to remember. EVER!!! All she could mutter was, "Ah! Ah!! Ah!!! Ah!!!! I told her exactly how it transpired, where she stood, where I stood, where we were etc. She kept on saying she's sorry, she's sorry. Unbelievable!!

All these years, I never even knew I was in bondage sad

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by chyket(m): 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2012
This unnecessary devil and deliverance consciousness is not in line with what Jesus came to do on earth for us Christians.The bible said that Jesus defeated Satan and made a public show of him.The devil is under our feet and when someone gives his life to Christ,he becomes a new creature and old things pass away and this includes generational curses etc .The best thing to do as a Christian is to realize who you are and also to realize that you carry the holy spirit in you and as such the powers of darkness has no power over you unless you give up your powers.
If you decide to tow this perpetual line of deliverance,you will be hooked because there must always be something in your fathers or mothers house that will need deliverance so I encourage my fellow Christians to study the bible carefully so that they can partake in the great benefits of Christ redemption

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by EvilBrain1(m): 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2012
What MFM have done is to successfully merge Christianity with African traditional religions. Most people have grown up with the idea that Christianity is better that the our native religion, but they still believe in juju and want protection against all the native doctors and "witches" in their village. MFM goers them have the best of both worlds.

Something very similar happened in Europe during the dark ages. All the local pagan gods got transformed into Christian saints and the local pagan faith healers were depicted as evil witches and devil worshippers. That's because even though the people there had been convinced or coerced into becoming Christians they found it hard to let go of their traditional beliefs. So they just merged them with Christianity and changed the names to make them fit.

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by akunjohn(m): 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2012
I am a member of MFM church and u are not forced to go there,what i know is that the callings of the minister of God divers so also the gift and d fruit of the spirit.
So,if u know you are having persistent problems that defile medical cure or sort then look for solution where it is deem fits or just sit there and be nursing it.
There are many churches around,go wherever u think the world of God is being preached.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by kosiobabiolorun: 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2012
some people think like idiots, for christ sake, what is your business with MFM, if God is answering prayers in MFM who are you to criticize them.

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by admajorem: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
wisdom demands dat u know wat is good 4 u and then 2 follow it. There ar many aspects 2 spirituality. Spiritual warfare is one of them and i think, MFM is good in it. Maturity demands u hav an open mind. Dat u are a deepa lif memba dosnt mean noting good in Christ Embasy or Chatholic as d case may be. At d last day, we'l kno who is on the right path.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by atuagbo: 5:20pm On Sep 22, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Fact remains their teachings and practises don't conform to the teachings of christ.
Kindly share wit us d teaching n practises of christ, we r all here 2 learn.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by mu2sa2: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2012
Four pages on this thread and all confusion upon confusion!!!
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Wised(m): 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
No wonder d bible said dat wen d end tym shal cum majority of pples wil b manipulatin d scripture 2 der own perishment.dnt u knw dat bhind evry moutain der is always a personalities bhind it dat ws y d bible said dat who r thou o u mountain b4 zerubabeal,dnt u knw d word who is used 4 human,xo d mfm prayin against such power knws da bhind evry prob. Der must b a personalities so dat ws y dy r prayin lik dat,urs might b sin,xo my brodas watch wat u say xo dat at d end wat u say wnt stnd against u.bles u
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by mbhs139(m): 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2012
Honestly, I can't but laugh my head out on this post. Christianity!!! Islam!!!Religion !!! Na wa o!!
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by doncarlos: 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2012
Am not a mountain of fire member, but I can tell you that u all are liar, hypocrite. The cjristain body are one. That is their belief. May God have mercy on you all. Every body should check their own life and don't judge .
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by PastorKun(m): 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2012
Evil Brain: What MFM have done is to successfully merge Christianity with African traditional religions. Most people have grown up with the idea that Christianity is better that the our native religion, but they still believe in juju and want protection against all the native doctors and "witches" in their village. MFM goers them have the best of both worlds.

Something very similar happened in Europe during the dark ages. All the local pagan gods got transformed into Christian saints and the local pagan faith healers were depicted as evil witches and devil worshippers. That's because even though the people there had been convinced or coerced into becoming Christians they found it hard to let go of their traditional beliefs. So they just merged them with Christianity and changed the names to make them fit.

Very apt analysis; what mfm did is to 'fill a gap in the market' telling people what they want to hear/ mixing traditional beliefs with christianity.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by PastorKun(m): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
atuagbo:
Kindly share wit us d teaching n practises of christ, we r all here 2 learn.

Apart from the fact that the central teaching of christ is Love, including loving our enemies which is NEVER taught in MFM, the most common thing MFM is known for is their prayer format which is at variance with how christ taught us to pray in Matthew 6:5-18. Kindly read and compare to how they pray in MFM.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by chioma134: 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2012
Pls,who is an mfm member here? I want to know the weekly programmes esp in Abuja,Lugbe to be precise. I need to solve some spiritual problems from their roots and I'm tired of window-dressing. I need real solutions and I believe MFM is of God. Thanks.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
double post
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
they stand in the corner of the streets, praying loud prayers so that they may be seen and heard of men. behold they have their reward. be not like them.

they repeat words tens and hundreds of times. be not like unto them, they have their reward...for your heavenly father knows what you want before you even ask.

paraphrased.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by pendusky(m): 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2012
akunjohn: I am a member of MFM church and u are not forced to go there,what i know is that the callings of the minister of God divers so also the gift and d fruit of the spirit.
So,if u know you are having persistent problems that defile medical cure or sort then look for solution where it is deem fits or just sit there and be nursing it.
There are many churches around,go wherever u think the world of God is being preached.

thank God for you! My aunt is a member and i do go ther too!! Its a nice place to worship buh smtimes i dont like marathon prayer! Buh want to ask what the sense abt not allowing drums but al other instruments? Jst asking!
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by wholexy009(m): 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2012
Pastor Kun:
I want to believe u also love the devil since he is a strong enemy of every born again xtain. The fact that the bible says u shd love your enemy does not mean u shd not know wen to draw the line cos even apostle paul display holy anger wen situation calls for it. The holy spirit is there as a guide to teach us everything we need to know at every point in time

Apart from the fact that the central teaching of christ is Love, including loving our enemies which is NEVER taught in MFM, the most common thing MFM is known for is their prayer format which is at variance with how christ taught us to pray in Matthew 6:5-18. Kindly read and compare to how they pray in MFM.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Shokoloko(f): 6:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
ive attended their deliverance session and the testimonies were amazing. i was uplifted too. But it is not a church for the faint hearted. as regards their praying and fasting its in the bible. christians must fast and I dont think any MFM pastor will put a gun to your head if you deside to break your fast at 3pm daily. please xtians should stop criticisms especially on the net where we can put people off christianity totally.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2012
jesus first commandment,love your neigbour as yourself,he said if a man strikes u turn the other cheek,he said pray for your enemies,god said in psalms,do not rejoice when you see your enemy suffer lest god sees your joy and heaps the same fate on your head.they dont teach love,peace n peseverance,did jesus tell peter to strike the jailers who came for him,did jesus destroy all who crucified him,has god destryed all of us since we sin everyday and are therefore his enemy??well the church appeals to those full of vengance and are bitterness,i doubt if god listens to their screams
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
Is this not the church where all we hear is DIE DIE DIE instead of LIVE LIVE LIVE.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ignis: 6:46pm On Sep 22, 2012
EyesWideOpen: People like you will die in anger and frustration, since at the end you'll die witnessing the prosperous existance of Islam and Muslims, your immense hatred of which won't drag anything down but YOU!
My point being I don't see anything this post has to do with Islam and Muslims but your hatred has led you to drag them in. It obviously is what you sleep and wake up with on your mind; see how Islam and Muslims will kill you without ever touching you? Hatred destroys whoever harbours it.
You actually spoke like prophet mohammed. You just said exactly what prophet mohammed would have said if he was to be alive now.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by cesil92: 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
Pastor Kun: They are a false church and their teachings and practises don't conform to the gospel of our lord Jesus christ.

Pastor Kun, in what way are they false and not cooforming to the gospel of Jesus Christ?
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2012
MFM prayer works, however you pray works as long as you believe. The principal thing is you should pray and believe
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by cesil92: 7:02pm On Sep 22, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Are you really a pastor? Even Elijah & Elisha NEVER loved their enemies.
If you are still praying Matthew 6:5-18, then you are o n a long thing..

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Trustgt(m): 7:04pm On Sep 22, 2012
You are all invited to the October 2012 POWER MUST CHANGE HANDS Programme
Venue: Mountain Of Fire and Miracles Ministries Prayer City, KM 12, Lagos-Ibadan Express Way, Ibafo. Ogun State. Nigeria
Date: Saturday, 6th October, 2012.
Time: 7 am,
Ministry: Dr. Daniel Kolawole Olukoya (G.O, MFM Worldwide).

where we will be praying for our families and our Nation Nigeria.

Be there. You will have the opportunity to know more about MFM doctrines.

JESUS CHRIST IS LORD.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by cesil92: 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2012
pendusky:

thank God for you! My aunt is a member and i do go ther too!! Its a nice place to worship buh smtimes i dont like marathon prayer! Buh want to ask what the sense abt not allowing drums but al other instruments? Jst asking!

Just a doctrine. With or without drums, God still answer prayers
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by PastorKun(m): 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2012
[quote author=wholexy009][/quote]

Bros kindly edit your previous post as I am being quoted out of context there.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by PastorKun(m): 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2012
cesil92:

Are you really a pastor? Even Elijah & Elisha NEVER loved their enemies.
If you are still praying Matthew 6:5-18, then you are o n a long thing..

As christians, are we following Elijah or Elisha If you or your church can't prioritise the teachings of Jesus, you have no business calling yourselves christians.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Bumpad: 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2012
U guys am told totally stupid for creating these thread in the first place and those who call themeselves atheist one day u will die and u will knw wot they are talking about
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by brightovie(m): 7:24pm On Sep 22, 2012
Na Baba God go help ds our generation.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ignis: 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
cesil92:

Just a doctrine. With or without drums, God still answer prayers
I agree with that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Are Spiritual Husbands Real? / Akure Baby Who "Spoke 2 Weeks After Birth" (Photo) / Why You Should Be Very Careful Of Sex And Women At This Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.