Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church (62681 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by OmoAlata(f): 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Here's how membership works in MFM:

1. You pass thru foundation class which usually lasts for 3months.

2. When you're thru with foundation class, then you do water baptism and Holy Ghost baptism.

3. You go thru membership class which lasts between 6 months to a year.

4. You join a group in Church and must be in a house fellowship

Only then is one considered a full member of MFM.

Blimey shocked shocked Out of all the points you've raised above, I'm only in the prayer warriors group. That's all. Guess that means I'm not a member lol smiley

Ps. I've done the 3 days dry-fast deliverance
And the 7 days church deliverance
And I'm currently doing the 70 day fast but I guess all this counts for nothing unless I complete the above. Men!!
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Pukkah: 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2012
dekung: One of their prophets told me my mother has familiar spirit and that my wife comes from a powerful warrior family, he said I should be careful in dealing with my wife and that anytime I want have some private moments with my wifey I should first recite psalm 29 on my deek. I honestly was initially taken by this stewpidity but later jettisoned everything. Rather than teach love for humanity, they want all their enemies to die. If you sneeze, its your enemy. If you sleep and wake up in the middle of the night, its the enemy. Those people are berserk! Am now a proud atheist/agnost. I dont believe in any crap that religion has to teach

This is hilarious! grin grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by kemifemi: 11:20pm On Sep 23, 2012
1cor 12
Vs 4:Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same spirit,
Vs 6:And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
Vs 8-11: for to one is given by the spirit the word of wisdom, to another the word of knowledge by the same spirit:
To another faith by the same spirit: to another the gifts of healing by the same spirit
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another diverse kinds of tongues;to another the interpretation of tongues
VS 11: BUT ALL THESE WORKETH THAT ONE AND THE SELFSAME SPIRIT,DIVIDING TO EVERYMAN SEVERALLY AS HE WILLS!

We all have different calling but the same purpose. Though we are many, we are one body, one faith in THE LORD JESUS CHRISt

@ OP ,I hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ayobase(m): 3:21am On Sep 24, 2012
ignis: I think it's high time Seun called the moderator in charge of this religion section to order if he actually wants peace and tranquility on Nairaland.
Since two years ago that I joined nairaland, I have never seen any post condemning mohammed, an imam, a mosque or any muslim group making the front page. Why must useless and stupid threads condemning and abusing churches, Jesus christ and annointed men of God always make the front page, thereby creating an avenue for ignorant nincompoops to post rubish regarding what they know little or nothing about. And the socalled moderator do little or nothing to abate such posts.

So, it has never occured to u that Seun and some of his moderators are tragedies!
Im just counting down here!

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by shilling(f): 3:57am On Sep 24, 2012
I didn't like that the church was really loud and people are forced to move their body when they prayed.

Nevertheless, I like some of their prayer points such as the one posted on the first page.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by BinghiNya(m): 6:41am On Sep 24, 2012
confused religion with denominations like banks churches need to be soludolized.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by charlsecy4(m): 7:47am On Sep 24, 2012
abhosts: I truly believe that God Prospers indeed. I now Earn a 7 digit Monthly Income and have all the good that life has to offer.

That's good, but that's NOT the primary purpose of Christianity. Having the "good" things of life does not necessarily indicate holiness.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by pendusky(m): 8:59am On Sep 24, 2012
cesil92:

Just a doctrine. With or without drums, God still answer prayers

Good
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Jackie26: 10:36am On Sep 24, 2012
ndcide: I think we should remove sentiments and stop blind criticism. I may not be a member but i use their prayer points. Now below is a typical MFM prayer session. Kindly Point out what you think is wrong with any of these prayers. I'd like to Know. I will not take any blanket criticism backed with ignorance and emotions or shallow understanding of the word of God. Pls kindly point out what you think is wrong with any of these prayer points.

I'll be waiting.

Those who want to make these prayers, you got them for free now.

Scripture Reading: Psalm 2
1. Praise worship
2. Bring quality repentance unto the Lord
3. O Lord, I thank You for bringing me into this year 2011.
4. O Lord, I bless You for the plan you have for me in this year 2011.
5. Where is the Lord God of Elijah, arise and raise victory voices for me this year, in the name of Jesus.
6. Let the sword of the God of Elijah arise against every occultic power and citadel of darkness assigned
against my life, in the name of Jesus.
7. I shall not die but live to declare the works of God in this season, in the name of Jesus.
8. My Father, redeem me from the powers of the sword in the tribulation of 2011, in the name of Jesus.
9. I receive protection from the strife of tongues, and the power of destruction programmed into this
year, in the name of Jesus.
10. Every beast of the earth assigned to torment me this year, die, in the name of Jesus.
11. My Father, release violent earthquake to destroy every satanic barrier hindering my progress, in
the name of Jesus.
12. Every satanic priest sustaining evil altar in this country, die, in the name of Jesus.
13. I decree that every occultic power troubling this nation will have darkness without divination, in the
name of Jesus.
14. I decree that the sun will go down on all satanic priests and prophets troubling this nation, in the
name of Jesus.
15. I decree that all evil men boasting with satanic powers will grope in the day like blind men in the
dark, in the name of Jesus.
16. We command the heavens not to respond to the voices of spiritualists and occultist on this
strategic day, in the name of Jesus.
17. I take charge of the heavenlies and I declare that it shall be well with me, in the name of Jesus.
18. Every obstacle that hinders my progress in cities and nations, I command them to wither, in the
name of Jesus.
19. Any power prolonging problems, suffering and bondage, die, in the name of Jesus.
20. Every priest of darkness monitoring my destiny, dry up, in the name of Jesus
21. Any power fueling my problems, dry up, in the name of Jesus
22. I break every witchcraft coven with a rod of iron, in the name of Jesus
23. Evil power house assigned against me, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
24. Resources of heaven, arise by fire, promote me, in the name of Jesus.
25. Every area of my life in need of divine restoration and replacement, receive it now, in the name of
Jesus.
26. By the resurrection power of the Lord Jesus Christ, I release myself from the grip of the spirit of
death and hell, in the name of Jesus
27. Every long-standing yoke, be broken by the power in the blood of Jesus.
28. Where is the Lord God of Elijah, arise and let my enemies destroy themselves, in the name of Jesus.
29. Let the earthquake of deliverance be released to throw down every barrier to my moving forward,
in the name of Jesus.
30. Every circle of hardship and temptations, break, in the name of Jesus.
31. Every altar speaking strangeness and backwardness, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
32. Let the judgement of heaven be written against all satanic kingdoms and his agents sponsoring
wickedness, in the name of Jesus.
33. Fresh glory, fresh power, fresh anointing, fresh favour, fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
Thank you my brother for taking time to post these prayer points. I am not a member of MFM but I will definately be using them and will also forward to my sisters. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by kilanko5: 1:45pm On Sep 24, 2012
CrazyMan:
Matthew 7:1-5.  "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Have a nice day. wink

Thanks bro for that wonderful response. Thumb up for u

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by OmoAlata(f): 10:33pm On Sep 24, 2012
If you're in the UK, there's an annointing service at Excel on Friday night (doors open by 8p.m, programme starts at 10p.m.) Dr Olukoya will be in attendance smiley
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by alomoh: 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2012
Evil Brain: I still remember the first time I set foot in an MFM church. It was way back in 1996 or '97, I was dragged to their headquarters in Akoka by my momsi who had heard about them from one of her born-again friends.

One woman gave a very funny testimony. She was in a bus traveling from Lagos to Ibadan when "the holy spirit" told her that the bus was going to have an accident. So she started praying: "Every spirit of motor accident, fall down and die!" From there, she started praying "machine-gun prayer": DIE! DIE!! DIE!!!. The other passengers soon started complaining that who is this person that is shouting "DIE, DIE" in a bus? They all ganged up on her and made her keep quiet.

The bus then had an accident and somersaulted several times. I'll never forget the woman's next words: "We had accident and notin happened to me. But all the people saying I should stop shouting Die, Die, they rushed them to mortuary. PRAAIISE THE LOOORD!!!"

The MFM crowd shouted hallelujah.

Thank you, I cannot believe you less, i HAVE been worried about how they enjoyed the death of enemies created in their mind by their Olukoya. who has become notorious for preaching messages of breakthrough, You shine shine, you shall move faward, your star will rise and Idiots will repeat their visit and shout on top of their voice believing all his lies. they have not intelligently ask question on why they have to repeat the prayers on every service. The man is a masked Agent............ fill in the vacum
True story, I swear.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Isenihi: 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2012
MFM IS NOT A MERCHANDISE MINISTRIES. PLS FIND OUT AMONG THE PEOPLE DELIVERED WHICH AMONG THEM HAVE BEEN ASKED 2PAY.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by AtheistD(m): 10:57am On Jan 01, 2013
dekung: I once attended their one-week deliverance session and mehn it was nothing but torture session. You are supposed to fast 3 days straight without food or water. You pray morning, afternoon and night. You sleep for only a few hours everyday and you have to walk from your dormitory to the church auditorium 3 or 4times a day to and fro in order to attend the prayer session. The prayer proper is all about enemies from your ancestry: father, mother, in laws, aunties and the list goes on. One of their prophets told me my mother has familiar spirit and that my wife comes from a powerful warrior family, he said I should be careful in dealing with my wife and that anytime I want have some private moments with my wifey I should first recite psalm 29 on my deek. I honestly was initially taken by this stewpidity but later jettisoned everything. Rather than teach love for humanity, they want all their enemies to die. If you sneeze, its your enemy. If you sleep and wake up in the middle of the night, its the enemy. Those people are berserk! Am now a proud atheist/agnost. I dont believe in any crap that religion has to teach

This is known as psyvhological conditioning. When you are deprived of food and sleep, isolated and then made to do rigorous exercise the mind becomes stressed, fatigued and eventually you become confused and easier to manipulate.

This technique was used by North Koreans on American prisoners during the Korean war with devastating consequences

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_POWs_detained_in_North_Korea

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Ishilove: 11:04am On Jan 01, 2013
Atheist:-D:

This is known as psyvhological conditioning. When you are deprived of food and sleep, isolated and then made to do rigorous exercise the mind becomes stressed, fatigued and eventually you become confused and easier to manipulate.

This technique was used by North Koreans on American prisoners during the Korean war with devastating consequences

Bullsheeit. My friend, you need Jesus.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by AtheistD(m): 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ishilove:
Bullsheeit. My friend, you need Jesus.

Trust me. It is the case.

Most ppl feel more spiritual after fasting. The food and deprivation has a toll on the mind.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Ishilove: 12:19pm On Jan 01, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Trust me. It is the case.

Most ppl feel more spiritual after fasting. The food and deprivation has a toll on the mind.
Of course na. Fasting itself is a spiritual exercise
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by AtheistD(m): 1:23pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ishilove:
Of course na. Fasting itself is a spiritual exercise

Is it really? You could say there is a psychological side effect of starvation. This is specifically for acute hunger. Starvation affects sleep and starvation and sleep deprivation combined can play havoc on the mind.

Fasting is based on such ideologies. At a time when you are weak physically and exhausted mentally you are more likely to feel spiritual.

It is similar to certain rituals and religions that ingest hallucinogenic material to allow them communicate with dead ancestors, spirits and possibly animals. It is a psychological impairment caused by the drugs.

The mind is powerful.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Isenihi: 7:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
It is not in the power of any body 2 judge any servant(s) of God. If u do u do that 2 ur own damnation. If u have checked their lives and compared it with the Scripture and discover something missing short up ur mouth and do not think Christ will reward u 4 speaking evil of His servant(s) if u doubt me ask Mirian the sister of Moses.She became leprous the day she 4got that the purpose of mouth is not 2 criticize servant(s) of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Isenihi: 8:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
Imagine if there is no church like Mountain of fire, Deeper life, Living faith e.t.c. and every church have 2 do the save thing what do u think we happen boring right ur guess is as gud as mine. 4 God's sake we can not operate the same way, if u read ur bible well u will discover that Paul never operated like peter. I listen 2 and read the books of this pastors even though am a member of Dunamis. I tell u they have contributed a great deal 2my life. The hand can not be the head and vice versa. Stop criticism.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Benez: 1:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
odukoko: Enemies are ppl like you and me, believe it or not you are somebody enemy!

U need spiritual re-orientation. In MFM, we are not talking of physical enemies but the spiritual ones like sicknesses, poverty, attacks e.t.c
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by alfajohn: 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
You all that her rebuking mfm i did much more than all of you, pray that God will not let you have spiritual problems u will quickly hasten to mfm, and die all of them by fire. I lived ignorance in for a long time thinking my issues were physical but when God opened my eyes and i started attending by fire by force recovery from the enemy was total. I have nothing but good things to say about MFM.

7 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Elxandre(m): 2:58am On Aug 16, 2013
Fadenitan: Am a member of mfm,my people perish because they lack basic knowledge.For it is written in matthew 11 vs 12, And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence,and the violent take it by force. Kill all your enemies by fire and thunder before they kill you ,because if you allow them to kill you,they can seek for forgiveness and they can be saved after you must have gone. Let the God of Elijay that answerith by fire open your inner eye to behold an

Where is the message of love Jesus preached. If this is your view point, you must be a very bitter person.
Do you know the fruits of the spirit? love is one of them..
The problem with many christians is not enemies but lack of faith.
Because if you have faith, you will be able to take God at his word..And his word is love..
Starting a thread on this later today, God willing..

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Jochebed7(f): 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2013
I'm not a member of mfm but an attendee. I also used to criticize their die by fire and head shaking, body shaking style; still not a very big fan of the later. However the truth is that there are results, testimonies in my life and those of loved ones. Also, its one place i can go without feeling doubtful on their power source 'is it God or evil powers?' there are some situations that will respond only to the die by fire method. A lot of us are under oppression without realising it. May God grant us understanding.

7 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by akino(m): 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
It is amazing that most pple do not understand the challenges of our time.The powers of darkness in this generation have assumed unimaginable level of wickedness and pple are comfortable with 'ceremonial prayer'. Concentration in prayer is achieved by getting all parts of your body invoved. If you have been challenged on what rightly belongs to you,you will never be gentle with your enemy.Don't just comment but test the the spirit to know if it is of the Lord.

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by sophy09: 3:09am On Dec 03, 2013
Well said
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Charlesdock(m): 11:39am On May 11, 2015
READ PS 109, PS 2, EPH 6:12. FOR CLARIFICATION. WHEN THEY PRAY AS THEY ISSUE PRAYERS LIKE MR **** TORMENTING ME DIE! NO! WE ONLY PRAY AGAINST POWERS AND PRINCIPALITIES. I THINK BEFORE CRITICIZE ALWAYS HAVE THE FULL POINT. I WILL END MY POST WITH THIS BIBLE PASSAGE EYES THEY HAVE BUT COULD NOT SEE, EAR THEY HAVE BUT COULD NOT HEAR NEITHER DO THEY UNDERSTAND THAT I SHOULD HEAL THEM MATT 13
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Charlesdock(m): 11:41am On May 11, 2015
REASONS WE SHAKE HEAD AND CRY OUT IS BECAUSE WHEN YOU ARE PRAYING YOUR SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY AS TO BE ONE, NO DISTRACTION
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by vooks: 3:16pm On May 11, 2015
PastorKun:

Fellow hypocrite if someone had passed a comment that they are a very good church, would that person also be guilty of judging them I was asked my take and I answered based on my clear understanding of the gospel. Fact remains their teachings and practises don't conform to the teachings of christ.

Classic
Only PastorKun can deliver such accurate uppercuts cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by flexybobo: 4:03pm On May 11, 2015
CrazyMan:

Matthew 7:1-5.  "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Have a nice day. wink
mbrobbish! mteeeeeew!
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Iceflox(f): 4:08pm On May 11, 2015
EvilBrain1:
I still remember the first time I set foot in an MFM church. It was way back in 1996 or '97, I was dragged to their headquarters in Akoka by my momsi who had heard about them from one of her born-again friends.

One woman gave a very funny testimony. She was in a bus traveling from Lagos to Ibadan when "the holy spirit" told her that the bus was going to have an accident. So she started praying: "Every spirit of motor accident, fall down and die!" From there, she started praying "machine-gun prayer": DIE! DIE!! DIE!!!. The other passengers soon started complaining that who is this person that is shouting "DIE, DIE" in a bus? They all ganged up on her and made her keep quiet.

The bus then had an accident and somersaulted several times. I'll never forget the woman's next words: "We had accident and notin happened to me. But all the people saying I should stop shouting Die, Die, they rushed them to mortuary. PRAAIISE THE LOOORD!!!"

The MFM crowd shouted hallelujah.

True story, I swear.
ahahaahaaahaaaa!
you are right, that's true.
all the church members are evil people, they want people to die
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Iceflox(f): 4:12pm On May 11, 2015
frosbel:
They deserve to be deceived , many of them love it so.

I once attended a prayer vigil at a Deeperlife branch somewhere in the UK and it was upsetting to say the least.

My intention was to pray for revival, holiness, getting to know more about Jesus.

While there was some aspect that contained a trickle of these elements, the focus was on attacking our enemies that prevented our success.

After 2 hours I was worn out, my heart was not in it, never again did I go for such a meeting.

Our prayers MUST always be in line with the word of GOD.

Many Christians are paying the penalty for following MAN and not GOD.
God bless you for this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Are Spiritual Husbands Real? / Akure Baby Who "Spoke 2 Weeks After Birth" (Photo) / Why You Should Be Very Careful Of Sex And Women At This Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.