Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,745 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church (62746 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by cesil92: 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2012
I was onced made to believe the saying of "Love my enemies as myself" and they are enemies we call "U know me, U dey do me", "U dey do me, U dey pity me"....
The day I started praying warfare prayers, longstanding afflictions, yokes and bondages were broken, lifted and gone. Funny enough, the so called "enemies" I never suspected, started complaining and urging me to stop.

6 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by EyesWideOpen(m): 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2012
ignis:
You actually spoke like prophet Mohammad. You just said exactly what prophet Mohammad would have said if he was to be alive now.
Hmmm, I've not had any hopes for you, I knew you'd see no wrong in wot you do. But I just felt the need to tell you anyway; you need to cut down on d hate, it does you no good, and it does Islam and Muslims no harm (so what's d point?), there really is no point.
And btw, I wish I cud do as the blessed Prophet would have. But alas, his level is far beyond my reach. I nevertheless felt really flattered hearing someone say that. But what do you know about the blessed Prophet? Nothing!
Anyway, peace.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by sneak3(m): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2012
Most of you talking are just too carnal to understand the ways of the lord. God has specific assignment he gave to his servant all over the world. It could be prosperity, holiness, redemption, deliverance from principalities and powers. remember the bible said " for we wrestle not against flesh but against principalities and powers"

So my fellow Nairalanders i will implore you not to be too civilised as to condemning the things of the lord so s not to incur his wrath.

@pstor Kun if you are really a pastor may God have mercy on you #Amen

5 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by sneak3(m): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2012
Most of you talking here are just too carnal to understand the ways of the lord. God has specific assignment he gave to his servant all over the world. It could be prosperity, holiness, redemption, deliverance from principalities and powers. remember the bible said " for we wrestle not against flesh but against principalities and powers"

So my fellow Nairalanders i will implore you not to be too civilised as to condemning the things of the lord so s not to incur his wrath.

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Fellow hypocrite if someone had passed a comment that they are a very good church, would that person also be guilty of judging them I was asked my take and I answered based on my clear understanding of the gospel. Fact remains their teachings and practises don't conform to the teachings of christ.

U! A pastor?!!! Whoever ordained you must be a mad wild animal!
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Cidi: 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
sophy09: I have heard a lot about this church for some time now and numerous people I know go there. There are talks that you get delivered from every and any spiritual problems one has and that the prayers are very powerful. My friends who go there seems to have changed a lot(they are sort of paranoid). All the prayers are either die, back fire, paralyze your enemies. Well I see nothing wrong with that if that is their belief and their prayers are answered but the thing that baffles me is that they feel someone(foundational/ancestral/witchcraft powers) is always behind their problem. In some cases they maybe true which I do not dispute but is it in all cases? Another thing about them is that they do not trust anyone. When they see you in their dreams wahala. It was funny when she told me someone in her church was behind her problem. I was surprised. With the way she prays the person should either be dead or paralyzed by now and her problem solved.
Maybe I am looking at it in another way I don't know but I will like to know your take on the church. Thanks
My guy you never see problem. If you see one you go fire prayer pass them. Trust I'm a living witness

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Cidi: 8:10pm On Sep 22, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Apart from the fact that the central teaching of christ is Love, including loving our enemies which is NEVER taught in MFM, the most common thing MFM is known for is their prayer format which is at variance with how christ taught us to pray in Matthew 6:5-18. Kindly read and compare to how they pray in MFM.
There are geniue Christians in that church that are running the heavenly race. And they are making it big time. I know that one day you will join them in one of there service. People dat condem like this always join them later.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Yinka1808: 8:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
Our no 1 enemy is d devil, this kind of prayer will only make us paranoid xtians.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by kassano22(m): 8:16pm On Sep 22, 2012
fake miracles= signs of the last days..remember wicked men and impostors would advance from bad to worst *SMH*
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by OmoAlata(f): 8:17pm On Sep 22, 2012
Yinka1808: Our no 1 enemy is d devil, this kind of prayer will only make us paranoid xtians.

To be forewarned, is to be forearmed wink
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 22, 2012
ferhyntorlah: Please leave MFM with their prayer pattern. If that gets them the result they want then fine. No one is forcing anybody to join them.

What I know is the spiritual controls the physical. If you can conquer the spiritual then victory is sure in the physical.

"In the days of John the Baptist till NOW, the Kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence and the VIOLENT taketh it by FORCE." -Matthew 11:12

"We wrestle not against FLESH and BLOOD but against PRINCIPALITIES, against POWERS, against the rulers of darkness of this world; against SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS in high places." -Ephesians 6:12

Some people are possessed of EVIL spirits and that spirits pushes them to do evil and wickedness. If you can conquer that spirit through violent prayers then victory is yours. If not then the problem continues.

Its unfortunate how blind some christians are. That is the only verse were VIOLENCE WAS described as a good thing (atleast u guys think it was) in the new test but there are countless verses where GENTLENESS, KINDNESS, AND LOVE TO ALL were described as wonderful things. You christians just like twisting the bible to satisfy ur fanatic and selfish

SMH
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Idyllic: 8:22pm On Sep 22, 2012
"And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. " (Mark 9:38-39). "For he that is not against us is on our part. " (Mark 9:40). "And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us." (Luke 9:50). "But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes." (2 Timothy 2:23). "Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels." (2 Timothy 2:23 NIV). Please meditate on these words and you will discover that this thread is unnecessary. Even though I am not a member of MFM but a Household(Kingdom of Christ in this case) divided against itself shall not stand. Please let us stop this bashing of denomination. Thank you.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by kozykid(m): 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2012
winkMine was funny.. I was @ the MFM for the first time and we were praying suddenly I started hearing prayers from the back* die by fire,die by fire,die by fire.. Suddenly I was terrified by how zealous they were praying and I looked back behold! They were students that I just won there money...
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by OmoAlata(f): 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
kozykid: They were students that I just won there money...

What does this mean?
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by felifeli: 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2012
ehie: jesus first commandment,love your neigbour as yourself,he said if a man strikes u turn the other cheek,he said pray for your enemies,god said in psalms,do not rejoice when you see your enemy suffer lest god sees your joy and heaps the same fate on your head.they dont teach love,peace n peseverance,did jesus tell peter to strike the jailers who came for him,did jesus destroy all who crucified him,has god destryed all of us since we sin everyday and are therefore his enemy??well the church appeals to those full of vengance and are bitterness,i doubt if god listens to their screams

If you like continue to pray that God should give your enenies more power strength and energy to continue to oppress you. I will be pleased to assist you pray that prayer for yourself.:O
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2012
philip0906: another church/christian bashing thread started by a lunatic. . .

...to Imagine it Made the Front Page. *SMH
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by bolpee(f): 8:40pm On Sep 22, 2012
Am a member of mfm, to me i see noting wrong wit der mode of prayer,
every church as its stiyle wat matters most is ur faith in Jesus christ.
av u given ur life to christ.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by InvertedHammer: 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2012
Historically, there is a correlation between religious awareness and poverty.
Only about 1% of Nigerians is religious, the rest is made up of bunch of losers, wanna-be scammers,
poverty-stricken-but-hoping-for-divine-intervention, low self-esteemed, gullible, paranoid,
ignorant masses.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Adematic(m): 8:57pm On Sep 22, 2012
fados4sure: If there is one minister i respect as far as dis world is concerned is Dr. D K Olukoya the G O MFM. I am not a member but i can tell you that MFM is recomended for way of salvation, deliverance, purity & righteousness..
i'm nt critisizing any church bt d gospel is abt 1.d kingdom of God nd nt christ as a person 2.christ teaching nd grace to gv salvatn,holyspirit making d person born again for this is d true gospel
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Ishilove: 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2012
Trustgt: You are all invited to the October 2012 POWER MUST CHANGE HANDS Programme
Venue: Mountain Of Fire and Miracles Ministries Prayer City, KM 12, Lagos-Ibadan Express Way, Ibafo. Ogun State. Nigeria
Date: Saturday, 6th October, 2012.
Time: 7 am,
Ministry: Dr. Daniel Kolawole Olukoya (G.O, MFM Worldwide).

where we will be praying for our families and our Nation Nigeria.

Be there. You will have the opportunity to know more about MFM doctrines.

JESUS CHRIST IS LORD.
You failed to add the concluding part of "O Lord,walk back to my childhood" series. I pray I'm able to attend.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Ishilove: 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
sneak3: .

He is the sort of pastor G.O talked in the last PMCH programme. The one who was disgraced by the native doctor. All mouth and no power. Quick to mouth off but powerleSs before the children of darkness. May God have mercy on him
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by s3nn2x(m): 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2012
This post is really myopic. I attended MFM throughout my days in the University and I still attend it now. There is nothing wrong with the church, do u think Nigeria or the black man is okay. Why have we not developed, no matter how much we try. Can you tell me a developed black country in the world. This stems from foundational problems. Do you know who Nimrod is ad who r his descendants? Can you tell me what happened to him? Those critisizing MFM dnt know their bibles, for goodness sake there r diversity of gifts, why dnt people leave God to do his job. And most prayers are not targeted at anybody but spirits....what do u say about this....every spirit of sexual pervasion, my life is not your candidate, fall down and die!

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Scarpon(m): 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2012
wholexy009: Its obvious most of you talking here know little or nothing about the church you are talking about cos I attend mfm and I will never wish my fellow man to die. Most of those prayer are directed at evil powers ‎​‎​@̤̥̣̈̊̇п̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ principalities behind such situation cos our weapon are not canal and we also wrestle not against flesh and blood. Shikenna
seconded
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ghettodreamz(m): 10:29pm On Sep 22, 2012
I've been following this thread from the first page to it's current one, I think I have one or two things to chipped in here. Let me say this; I am not a pastor nor would I say I'm righteous but a sinner saved by His grace in Christ Jesus. I'm not here to condemn any religion practice or criticize any religious sect or church based on their own doctrines and system of praying because judgement is not mine 'Matt 7:1' Meanwhile, I think your point and yardstick of judging if a church doctrines conform to the laid down biblical principles of our Lord Jesus Christ is religiously ungenuine,vague,ambiguous and has no strong base in the Bible.

Your reference to the book of Matthew 6:9-13 on how 'Our Lord Jesus' admonished us and taught his disciples to pray was only there to illustrate to them the key points and basic elements, attributes and ingredients that cooked up a good prayer. 5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. Someone also referred to this biblical verses as a proof of criticizing people praying aloud and zealously, the idea of praying aloud and the top of our voices in our various churches or the MFM's doesn't suffice here, as Jesus Christ was referring to an individual prayers and not a congregational one that constitutes bodies of Christ.

Although 'Our Lord Jesus Christ' was spotted to have prayed in solitary places on several occasions in the Bible, but believe me in you, the 21st centuries we lived in today doesn't encourage lukewarmness, is either you are too hot for the devil to handle or you are too cold for him to devour.

In the letter of Apostel Paul to the Ephesians (Chapter 6: 11-17)

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness. He wasn't warning them of the physical battle we fight with sword and cutlasses but the spiritual battles we fight against all principalities, powers and rulers of the darkness of this world,spiritual wickedness in high places(That witch in your father/mother pedigree,that witch/wizard that has always followed you everywhere, that the moment you see breakthru, it soon fade away in a twinkle of an eye,your co-worker that doesn't want you to be promoted,your step-mother that doesn't want you to grow pass her own kids,the ancestral curses from your parent's lineage tormenting you and following you everywhere that you know nothing about,the so-called friend that has been your enemy of progress for years, unknowingly to you, yet you dine and wine together,that ancestral curses of barreness from your mother/father side,that curses of servant-hood that has always limiting you to serving people and even your colleagues without you being a head that you were supposed to be,that forces of the kingdom of darkness pressing and weighing you down any time you want to climb up a ladder of progress and experience promotion, that demonic cage where the enemies had en-caged you, depriving you of exercising your full maturity in your academics, business, spiritual and every other facets of your life,that curses of spiritual impotency,singleness,marriage-ness,stagnancy,failures, oppositions and obstacles on your way to breakthrough, success & promotion). Of course, God knows everything we needed and wanted even before we ask, but he commanded us to ask, seek & knock; we shall receive, find and door shall be opened unto us. If there was no need for us to, then he won't have asked us to. 1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because[c] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. When we had our armour put on and our loins girt, it scares the devil and he will flee away from us.

“The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much” (James 5:16 NKJV
With a righteous heart void of sin,self accusations and guilt, when we pray aloud and pray death for every wicked forces to die, it doesn't necessarily mean our enemies in their physical bodies but the evil spirits with which they operates, when the spirit are weakened or put to death then our successes and victories become irresistible for the demonic agents/wicked forces.

Stressing the Importance of Prevailing Prayer
"Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Three things here stress the importance of prevailing, not giving up in, prayer. One is the tense of the verbs in Greek: present tense is continuous action; keep on asking, etc. The second is the fact that Jesus commands this continuous action three times (and repeats these three words in verse 10). The third thing that stresses prevailing is that the three words used get increasingly close to the answer and show a pressing in on God: Asking (as it were, for the house), seeking (until we find it), then knocking (until the door is open). Asking is the simplest and requires no movement. Seeking turns asking into an activity of pursuit. Knocking on and on at the door again and again signifies utter earnestness and perhaps even desperation. So Jesus clearly wants us to be like this friend who kept knocking. He want us to prevail in prayer. These and many similar passages confirm that it is both the desire and intention of God that His children should not only ask, but obtain what they ask; and if they are not obtaining, the purpose of God in their asking has not been fulfilled. May this fact be as indelibly printed on every heart, as it is on the pages of His word - God desires us to prevail in prayer. "Let us therefore draw near with boldness unto the throne of grace, that we may receive. . ." (Heb. 4:16).
The expression "praying through", although not found in Scripture, is sometimes used for prevailing with God, and emphasizes an important aspect of the subject. It has been defined as "praying one's way into full faith, emerging while yet praying into the assurance that one has been accepted and heard, so that one becomes actually aware of receiving, by firmest anticipation, and in advance of the event, the thing for which one asks". A prevailing prayer brings about revival and miracles, allowing that which is seemingly difficult to become possible, there is a need for us to be therefore more determined, violent, fervent and authoritative when we combating the host of darkness and taking charge over whatever belongs to us, then they will understand we truly know our rights as children of authority and knows the efficacy that lies in the name that's above every other names.

Luke 22:39-46 unfolds events as it occurred in the Garden at Mount of Olives when time of His betrayal were near;'41 [/b]And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and prayed, [b]42 saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” 43 Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him. 44 And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.' He prayed bitterly, earnestly, fervently to the extent of his sweats likened to drops of blood, can you imagine how long he must have prayed.

I just read an article that exposes the kind of combats our individual angels and the satanic agents engage into during a spiritual realm, the different categories each of our prayers fall into and why we prayed and don't receive;

Some prayers appear like smoke, and it goes drifting along and disappear in the air. These prayers come from people who have sin in their lives and they are not willing to deal with it. Their prayers are so weak, they are blown away and disappear in the air.

The other type of prayer is also like smoke that rises up until it reaches this rock, but it does not break through the rock. These are usually people who try to purify themselves, but they lack the faith in what they are doing as they pray. They usually ignore the other important aspects that are needed when someone prays.

The third type of prayer is like smoke that is filled with fire. As it rises up, it is so hot that when it reaches the rock, the rock begins to melt like wax. It pierces the rock and goes through.

Many times, as people begin to pray, their prayers look like the first type, but as they continue praying, their prayers change and become like the second prayer. And as they continue praying, suddenly it ignites into fire. And their prayers become so powerful, they pierce through the rock.

Many times evil agents would notice that prayers were changing and coming very close to the state of fire, then these agents would communicate to other spirits on earth and they tell them, "Distract that person from prayer. Stop them praying. Pull them out." This is an eye opener which will do every one a great deal and show us many things we don't know as Christians, you can read more here >>> http://divinerevelations.info/How_satan_stops_our_prayers/index.htm

4 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by oluMyderz(m): 10:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
mu2sa2: Four pages on this thread and all confusion upon confusion!!!
Abi oo
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Fostercat(m): 10:53pm On Sep 22, 2012
Well ,we all ve our diffrent race to run.choose ur path.
Join me if u care.MFM-ketu regional HQ,sunday service @ 7am.Every enemy of the children of God ll be fogotten IJN
EVery spirit blocking d hrts of many here,catch fire in the mighty name of jesus.
The Bible says'he that watches over isreal never sleeps nor slumber.

The Bible says'my people perish for lack of knowledge' may the holy spirit open our hrts to know the thruth IJN..good nite
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ghettodreamz(m): 11:09pm On Sep 22, 2012
In the book of 1st King 18:1-45 is the story of Elijah, Obadiah and Ahab. It was during a severe famine period in Samaria, their lands had yielded no good for years and neither the god of Baal nor its prophet could help save them lands from the wrath of famine. Elijah was tagged an evil man and troubler of Israel. He was bold enough to explain the real cause of their calamities to Ahab, because they have abandoned to keep to the commandments of the Lord and have followed the Baals. Two powers were put to test here, here was the god of Baal challenged, while 450 prophets of Baal were gathered together then Elijah asked them to call the name of their god, while he will also call the name of His God, and anyone that answers by fire-he is God.

The prophet of Baal called and shouted the name of their god , they shouted louder and continued with their frantic prophesying from morning till evening of the sacrifice, but there was no response, no one answered, no one paid attention, and their god could not answer by fire. Elijah then repaired the altar, took twelve stones to built an altar in the name of the LORD, he dug a trench around it, he arranged the wood, cut the bull for the sacrifice into pieces and laid in on the wood, then he commanded them to pour four large jars filled up with water on the offering and on the wood, and they did it repeatedly, until the water had even filled the trench of the alter. And Elijah stepped forward and prayed, " Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel,let it be known today that you are God of Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. Answer me, Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, LORD are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again'.

In verse 38,'Then the fire of the LORD fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench. 39 [/b]When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, “The Lord—he is God! The Lord—he is God!”
[b]
Then Elijah commanded them, “Seize the prophets of Baal. Don’t let anyone get away!” They seized them, and Elijah had them brought down to the Kishon Valley and slaughtered there.

41 And Elijah said to Ahab, “Go, eat and drink, for there is the sound of a heavy rain.” 42 So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.

That's authority that lies in the name of Jesus Christ. Why do you think Elijah called the name of God repeatedly? If not for God to hearken to him and answer him while he call upon him. Of course, he doesn't want to be put to shame and the name of our Lord, God to be ridiculed, that's a prevailing prayer by a righteous man. Elijah prevailing prayer brought out a total cleansing and healing of their infertile lands,delivered them from the god that couldn't save them and brought about a great revival in Samaria and there was conversion of souls and all the enemies of God were slaughtered.

I'm not a pastor, but with the authority and efficacy that lies in the name of Jesus Christ,I decree! Every barren land of your life shall begin to yield goodness and fruits from now onward in Jesus name. Every land of infertility and unproductiveness in your life, from today onward receive good productivities in Jesus name. Everybody that have mocked the LORD, your God before shall bow down flat before him through you in Jesus name. And every enemy of progress of God in your life, in your career,business, academy and family will be slaughtered by fire, in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 22, 2012
I Came late angry
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ignis: 11:11pm On Sep 22, 2012
EyesWideOpen:
Hmmm, I've not had any hopes for you, I knew you'd see no wrong in wot you do. But I just felt the need to tell you anyway; you need to cut down on d hate, it does you no good, and it does Islam and Muslims no harm (so what's d point?), there really is no point.
And btw, I wish I cud do as the blessed Prophet would have. But alas, his level is far beyond my reach. I nevertheless felt really flattered hearing someone say that. But what do you know about the blessed Prophet? Nothing!
Anyway, peace.
Blessed fire. Please don't just annoy me
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by OmoAlata(f): 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2012
ghettodreamz: http://divinerevelations.info/How_satan_stops_our_prayers/index.htm

Wow!! shocked Real eye-opener. God bless you for the link smiley I've now told my kids that whenever I'm praying they have to wait patiently until I'm done. Yes O.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ghettodreamz(m): 11:16pm On Sep 22, 2012
Omo Alata:

Wow!! shocked Real eye-opener. God bless you for the link smiley I've now told my kids that whenever I'm praying they have to wait patiently until I'm done. Yes O.

You're blessed too.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ghettodreamz(m): 11:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
Ahaziah . . . sent messengers, saying to them, "Go and consult Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron, to see if I will recover from this injury." But the angel of the Lord said to Elijah the Tishbite, "Go up and meet the messengers of the king of Samaria and ask them, ‘Is it because there is no God in Israel that you are going off to consult Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron?’ Therefore, this is what the Lord says: ‘You will not leave the bed you are lying on. You will certainly die!’" So Elijah went. (2 Kings 1:2-4)

When Ahab was dead. His son, Ahaziah, was been crowned in his place, and the kingdom of Moab seized its chance to revolt against Israel. Ahaziah did nothing to put the rebellion down, for, like Belshazzar, he was after his only his own personal pleasures. Ahaziah learn't nothing from God’s dealings with his father, but displayed all the worst excesses of both his parents.

One day, Ahaziah was leaning over the balustrade of his upper room when it collapsed. So severe were the injuries he sustained when he fell, that he turned to the ancient shrines of Canaan for help and guidance. To do so was a public denial of the Lord God of Israel. After all, Baal-Zebub was no more than the Philistine god of flies and the dung heap – and it was only a few years since the Baals had been shown on Mount Carmel to be spectacularly impotent.

Elijah had been God’s messenger to Ahab on three previous occasions. Now, as he neared the end of his life, the Lord entrusted him with a message to Ahab’s offspring, Ahaziah. The episode is less well-known than the confrontation on Mount Carmel, but it was equally as dangerous and harmful a mission as his original visit to the royal court had been. The Lord gave gave Elijah the message that Ahaziah would die on his sick bed because he had turned away from the Lord.

Elijah met the king’s messengers, and they passed on the Lord’s warning to the king. Rejecting the privilege and chance of having Elijah as his friend and adviser, Ahaziah responded by sending fifty of his crack troops to arrest the prophet. As far as he was concerned, he saw Elijah less a prophet than a traitor.

Ahaziah’s troops came across Elijah sitting on a hill – a fitting place, one feels, to find Israel’s senior watchman. But they were unable to arrest him! Just as the mob which sought to do away with the Lord Jesus was inexplicably thwarted,(1) so these soldiers found themselves pitted against the power of heaven. At this supreme moment of danger, Elijah again turned his face to heaven and cried out to his Lord.

The Fire Falls a Second Time
‘If I am a man of God, may fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty men!’ Then fire fell from heaven and consumed the captain and his men.
(2 Kings 1:10)

Ahaziah had chosen to follow the Baals, and the Lord preserved His servant’s life, and in such a way as again demonstrated His holiness. The fire, which had previously fallen from heaven to destroy the sacrificial bull on Mount Carmel, blazed down again to incinerate all fifty of the soldiers.

We can see so much of Jezebel, in the way Ahaziah handled this crisis. Rather than repenting in the face of so great a miracle, he rejected the word he had been sent and attacked the person who gave it. (There are many who do the same today). Convinced that might was right, the king sent out a second force of fifty men – and they met their waterloo in likewise manner.

What, then, are we to make of these two examples of fire from heaven destroying those who opposed the work of God?

We know, from the standpoint of life beyond the Cross, that we are called to pray for our enemies, rather than to call down fire on them – but we are also called to resist evil. We may not often hear such language today, yet there are times when the proper prayer is undoubtedly not, ‘O Lord bless so and so,’ but rather, ‘O Lord, confound Ahithophel and turn his counsel into foolishness.

These are the moments when we are called to exercise the authority of the Lord into situations that would otherwise remain locked in the grip of enemy forces. This is a weighty work, and one that needs to be done corporately.

Though we may feel sorry for the unlucky soldiers (who were, after all, doing no more than following their orders) we do well to remember the threat that Ahaziah posed. Nothing less than the cause of God was at stake in the life of the nation. Elijah was not only in imminent danger of being put to death, he was also caught up in intensive spiritual warfare against a monarch who looked set to continue the worst excesses of the previous regime, another sample of a prevailing prayer there. If you were in Elijah's shoe, would you rather let them arrest you and had you killed like the bull?

I KNOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD BE OF THE OPINION

We can never afford to forget that our battle is with the unseen powers of darkness, and not with flesh and blood. Elijah’s mission was to call the people back to the living God, and to show them that the vile Baals had nothing in common with Him. How relevant this is to our own generation! After all, if God were no different, or no greater than Baal, and all religions were equally as capable of leading us to God, then the Lord Jesus need never have died on the Cross. Salvation is of the lord and we need not show our enemies, the wicked demonic agents that wanted our lives terminated, destinies destroyed, future traumatized and God's plans and purpose for our lives thwarted. For His plans towards us are of good and not of evil, but we have to wage war to the devil and it's agents for them to flee from us and let us live our lives to fulfillment and God's good promises and plans for our lives to come to realities. Remember, is either you are too hot for the devil to handle or you are too cold for him to devour.

-Every host of darkness harassing/tormenting your life shall be consumed by fire in Jesus name.
-Every Ahaziah of your life shall be disappointed by consuming fire in Jesus name.
-Every destiny arrest mission over your life shall be thwarted by fire in Jesus name.
-You shall never die destiny unfulfilled in Jesus name, amen....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music / Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / Bishop Tom Samson Wins "Best Pastor Of The Year" Award, Poses In His Limousine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.