Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2407392 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Walks into the thread... looks around and sees nothing!! Pissess all over IMO State!! Walks away back to Anambra State!
Guy, go rest i beg. Na jelousy go kill all these "rondon" =(London), "raw"=(Law) people. Deltans, Ofenmanus, Ndiugwus are giving their compliments it's u who is supposed to be a brother that is spewing trash, get lost in that jungle u call state.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 24, 2012
venorite: do u stay in owerri?
no I don't. I attended IMSU from 2001 to 2005.I also got married in owerri and lived there till I relocated to lagos in 2008.I haven't visited owerri since then but from what my dad has been saying about the rapid development of imo state, I think Rochas needs a pat on the back.he needs to be encouraged and not condemning him.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 24, 2012
latest: Guy, go rest i beg. Na jelousy go kill all these "rondon" =(London), "raw"=(Law) people. Deltans, Ofenmanus, Ndiugwus are giving their compliments it's u who is supposed to be a brother that is spewing trash, get lost in that jungle u call state.
you dey mind am! If you follow his posts,you will notice he doesn't say anything good about imo state.always good at condemning but cannot provide solution.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OgeneDom(m): 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
If you hv nt bn to Imo State you will not understand these pictures.
Let Rochas keep working, we shall evaluate him at the 42nd month.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
[ diquote author=latest] Guy, go rest i beg. Na jelousy go kill all these "rondon" =(London), "raw"=(Law) people. Deltans, Ofenmanus, Ndiugwus are giving their compliments it's u who is supposed to be a brother that is spewing trash, get lost in that jungle u call state.[/quote]

"Rondon" abi? That's a good one. Leave Anambra out of this and attack Okija Juju. Okija didn't make any comparison but I see some of you already spoiling for battle to attack Omanbala..smh
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by achi4u(m): 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2012
more pix pls
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
berem: you dey mind am! If you follow his posts,you will notice he doesn't say anything good about imo state.always good at condemning but cannot provide solution.

Okija is a well known lunatic on nairaland; He never says anything good about Ojukwu or even Anambra... What about Abagworo and Afam4ever who no matter the circumstances always have something negative to say about Anambra. Abeg make una post more pics nah.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 12:46pm On Sep 24, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Okija is a well known lunatic on nairaland; He never says anything good about Ojukwu or even Anambra... What about Abagworo and Afam4ever who no matter the circumstances always have something negative to say about Anambra. Abeg make una post more pics nah.
I know the potentials that Anambra possesses and i always score the Omanbala government using those variables and if they fail to tackle those problems, it means they've failed in my eye. It doesn't matter the number of rural roads that they've constructed. I keep saying that Anambra is the lifeline of Ala Igbo but the government have failed to solve the most important problem bedeviling that state. That does nit mean i hate Anambra.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
afam4eva:
I know the potentials that Anambra possesses and i always score the Omanbala government using those variables and if they fail to tackle those problems, it means they've failed in my eye. It doesn't matter the number of rural roads that they've constructed. I keep saying that Anambra is the lifeline of Ala Igbo but the government have failed to solve the most important problem bedeviling that state. That does nit mean i hate Anambra.
Pls enlighten us further on THE most important problem.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by manny4life(m): 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hmm, I want to reserve my comment else they call me names.

Any if these is what Imo people want, and it's good for them, so be it... As for me, there's no "WOW" effect. In addition, why is Nigerian architecture lacking?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
eaglechild:
Pls enlighten us further on THE most important problem.
Whenever i think of Anambra, what comes to mind is Onitsha and Nnewi. Why can't those towns/cities be turned into economic giants by putting in place the necessary machinery to put these towns in a pedestal that will make it compete with any major city in Africa or the world. Onitsah and Nnewi are underutilised and the human resources of Anambra is also under-utilized. By now Anambra should be the pride of not just Nigeria but Africa. That's why we need to vote in someone like Chukwuma Soludo into the governorship seat. Because it's a shame that an Anambra will expect accolades for building some rural roads and abandoning the majore cities and towns.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by realbigfun: 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
at last, Imo state is something to talk about now, God thank you
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chino11(m): 1:33pm On Sep 24, 2012
Afam, don't let my patience run out, leave Anambra alone- The true ..Light of the Nation, out of your gibberish..biko

Btw: The UN and world rates high a state that develops statewide, opening up all the communities than the one that only do few roads within the state capital..it is no development, its called political abracadabra..the more you look the less you see.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by livapul86(m): 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
spartanian: am tempted to work my NYSC to Imo state
Dude, it depends on what your aspirations in life are. if your desire is for a state with an industrial and cosmopolitan set-up with emerging job opportunities, then Imo is definitely NOT for you.
BUT if your aspirations in life are tailored more around 'jaiye tinz' (enjoyment/flexing) and hotels, clubs and Punanies are your life ambitions, then Imo is the RIGHT place for you.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cyberknight: 2:15pm On Sep 24, 2012
Gentlemen, most of us have said a lot of things, sensible or otherwise, but we all know that it is impossible for anyone to please all the people all the time. I live in Lagos, but I visit Owerri regularly, and I was in Owerri last year November/December when the governor had just started grading roads, opening up new ones and tarring a lot, and everyone was praising him HIGHLY. Highly indeed. I included. But now, almost a year later, it looks as if that evil spirit which seems to reside in all Nigerian Government Houses has done its work, and I have to say that the government of Imo State has again lost its way, and has settled down to business as usual, Nigerian-style.

One more thing that I'd like us all to bear in mind, part of re-orientation. Our elected and other public servants are precisely that - servants of the public. Nobody, governor, perm.sec, director, whatever, is doing the public a favour. They are doing jobs, for which they are paid (and paid highly too, if you look at their remuneration). A road is built. So what? That is OUR money being used to build a road for US by people whose salary WE are paying. A borehole is dug. The Perm Sec. in the Ministry for Water Resources is paid about 700k a month, to do the work of their ministry, abi? Why do I have to shower awards, and praise on him for just doing his job? For those of us in employment, what we are doing is selling our labour to our employer for a fee, i.e. your monthly salary. Yes, our employers encourage us from time to time, with commendations, good service citations, etc, etc. But we never forget the fact that we are working for a living, the employer wants our labour and we want his money, and so both sides are benefiting from the arrangement. It is the same thing with the office holders.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by muktarl: 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
livapul86:
Dude, it depends on what your aspirations in life are. if your desire is for a state with an industrial and cosmopolitan set-up with emerging job opportunities, then Imo is definitely NOT for you.
BUT if your aspirations in life are tailored more around 'jaiye tinz' (enjoyment/flexing) and hotels, clubs and Punanies are your life ambitions, then Imo is the RIGHT place for you.

Bhuehehehehhe. grin grin grin grin

O boy..you wicked oo..

Does it mean that there is no meaningful economic activities going on in imoo state..? The state is heading towards crash oo

Does it mean human-being does not survive imo state..because the governor is getting his project priorities wrongly..

Abeg give me gworoo to chop wallahi.. grin grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by saveyou: 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
Imo State in my own Opinion is one of the least developed States in Nigeria. The state was better off during Ohakim's Tenure. The present Governor is not doing anything reasonable in the state. The roads are so bad,poor electricity and most of all insecurity. Owerri is fast taking over from Onitsha in terms of robberies, kidnapping and ritual killings. Whoever posted those pictures did a very biased and job and he/she is not being realistic.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by 360command: 2:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
this pics are not solid enough to say those guys in government are doing their.. @poster, u need to take the pictures to the street and not some quiet residential areas where more that half of the people of IMO state, do not live there.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by muktarl: 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2012
Some people can be this gullible. If I may ask..how many employment has this Rogue Rochass created since he became governor....? These poorly finished roads and buildings does not make him a good administrator, am sure imo people will vote wisely next time..as for this one na fake cheesy grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Okijajuju1(m): 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2012
Cyberknight: Looking at all these pictures reminds me of Ohakim days when there were snazzy adverts on CNN about Imo State, obviously propaganda stunts designed to attract people and cover up the fact that the government was in fact doing nothing. These pictures are just the same thing. The only thing those pictures prove is that the current goovernor is as good at disseminating propaganda as the last one was. I was in Owerri 2 weeks ago, and the real fact is that Owerri is a disaster zone, and people are lamenting loudly.

First of all, the roads are in a serious mess. For some reason, the governor came up with a strange building program which wasnt well thought through and has ended by leaving half of the town's roads very similar to how it must have looked after the war. Contractors came and poured red sand on the roads, painted themblack and went away. The rains came and wrought havoc and now many streets are cut off, erosion is eating away many areas in Prefab and Federal Housing, etc.

The governor has come up with a plan to sell off the state general hospitals to a Northern consortium. Civil servants protested loudly and the plan was temporarily shelved. There is also a plan to collect ALL the primary schools in Owerri into one vast compound. Sounds laudable, but the whole point of government funded education is to provide access to education where you live. Imagine if all the primary schools in Lagos were located at one point, say at Unilag for example, and all the primary school pupils in Lagos all have to come to Akoka everyday.

And of course, the Imo State Govt has learnt the lesson from the Lagos State Givt, and is imposing all sorts of new taxes and levies on the suffering people. There is a "borehole" tax, to be paid by people who have boreholes. Does this sound reasonable? Isnt it the givernment's responsiblity to provide water, not to tax peeople who have suffered enough and have had to provide amenities for themselves? There is also a "rent tax" to be paid by all landlords in Owerri, so of course, lookk forward to a new rent increase in Owerri soon. And so forth.

Like most of the Southeastern states, Imo State is NOT working. What is wrong with the Igbo man, and why are we the worst governed people in Nigeria? Something to do with the old saying "Igbo enweghi eze"?

Nwanne'm.. For saying the truth as you see it, may the gods of my forefathers and yours abundantly bless you!!

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Okijajuju1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2012
berem: BAD BELLERISM is on the increase on Nairaland I swear! Nigerians will never be satisfied no matter how you try to please them.if you think you are good enough to be the governor of imo state,please endeavour to contest the next gubernatorial election let's see your own achievements!

Nwayi!! Ba'nye nime room kita!! angry
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Okijajuju1(m): 2:55pm On Sep 24, 2012
eaglechild:
PH first?!?
Are u referring to another PH (perharps Philly or Phoenix) or to the run down overcrowded, flyover collapsing, TIMARIV ridden, Crime strangulating, pollution choking, slum swallowing, PORT HARCOURT?
Haba! nawa u no even talk Enugu.

Flyover collapsing?! 'Odili Government"... TIMARIV ridden?!! 'A worthwhile nuisance'.... Crime Strangulating?!! "Now you are just talking shiit'... Polution Choking?! 'Now you've started manufacturing shiit'.... Slum Swallowing?! 'Now you've started selling shiit'.. River State (Port-Harcourt) may be an under-achieving State, but My brother, IMO state and Rochas dont even measure up to either Obio Apkor Local Government Area or even Omoku Township..

Enjoy the rubbish that is Rochas.. Commissioners lodge! With State money!! While the civil servants proper and the citizens live in squalor. I have been to IMO state! Barely two months back.. If what I saw is the definition of 'a Working Government', then Imo States problem is not the government but the people..

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 3:07pm On Sep 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Whenever i think of Anambra, what comes to mind is Onitsha and Nnewi. Why can't those towns/cities be turned into economic giants by putting in place the necessary machinery to put these towns in a pedestal that will make it compete with any major city in Africa or the world. Onitsah and Nnewi are underutilised and the human resources of Anambra is also under-utilized. By now Anambra should be the pride of not just Nigeria but Africa. That's why we need to vote in someone like Chukwuma Soludo into the governorship seat. Because it's a shame that an Anambra will expect accolades for building some rural roads and abandoning the majore cities and towns.
I mostly agree with u! But u have to appreciate also the unique make up of Anambra that makes rural roads SO important.
Anambra has the 2nd smallest landmass and the 2nd highest population density in Nigeria after Lagos. Towns merge imperceptibly with one another and are mostly semiurban.
Nnewi for eg merges with many surrounding towns like Ozubulu, Nnobi etc not to talk of Onitsha.
It is because of these so called 'RURAL' roads which provide ease of movt btw these towns that make Onitsha and Nnewi marginally habitable as pple can easily commute frm their indegenous towns.
Otherwise, I wonder how Onitsha and Nnewi would be.
Remember, Awka is still there begging for attention (albeit hardly getting any).
I wonder if the resources are enough to go round.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PointB: 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Flyover collapsing?! 'Odili Government"... TIMARIV ridden?!! 'A worthwhile nuisance'.... Crime Strangulating?!! "Now you are just talking shiit'... Polution Choking?! 'Now you've started manufacturing shiit'.... Slum Swallowing?! 'Now you've started selling shiit'.. River State (Port-Harcourt) may be an under-achieving State, but My brother, IMO state and Rochas dont even measure up to either Obio Apkor Local Government Area or even Omoku Township..

Enjoy the rubbish that is Rochas.. Commissioners lodge! With State money!! While the civil servants proper and the citizens live in squalor. I have been to IMO state! Barely two months back.. If what I saw is the definition of 'a Working Government', then Imo States problem is not the government but the people..

And this is a very good reason to piss all over Imo State, right?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Eifeh(m): 3:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
The picture is too small to begin with, more picture please, that enugu thread by spyder is up to 45 pages.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Okijajuju1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 24, 2012
PointB:

And this is a very good reason to piss all over Imo State, right?

Nwokem, kedu?! I piss on Imo State because they are so blind that they dont see that Rochas has done nothing for them.. I mean, building hotels for who to sleep in?! How many Imo state civil servants can afford to lounge in that hotel?! How many of them would ever be able to near the gate of the 'Commissioners Estate', talkless of living there?!

Nna, the issue here is what has Rochas done in the area of sustainable development as it affects the common man in Imo State.. the answer is NADA!!

I didnt bring my camera cord, I would have uploaded some of my pictures from my trip to Calabar via Akwa Ibom.. Let me show you what true development and a working Government looks like..

Pisses all over Rochas Okorocha & returns to Upper Iweka.. angry

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nwokem, kedu?! I piss on Imo State because they are so blind that they dont see that Rochas has done nothing for them.. I mean, building hotels for who to sleep in?! How many Imo state civil servants can afford to lounge in that hotel?! How many of them would ever be able to near the gate of the 'Commissioners Estate', talkless of living there?!

Nna, the issue here is what has Rochas done in the area of sustainable development as it affects the common man in Imo State.. the answer is NADA!!

I didnt bring my camera cord, I would have uploaded some of my pictures from my trip to Calabar via Akwa Ibom.. Let me show you what true development and a working Government looks like..

Pisses all over Rochas Okorocha & returns to Upper Iweka.. angry
Nwanna, i've come to the conclusion that your hate for Rochas is not about his performance in Imo state. I think there's something you're failing to tell. I belive that even if Rochas turns Imo state to Dubai and New York put together, you'll still have a problem with him. Tell me what it is biko.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Okijajuju1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Nwanna, i've come to the conclusion that your hate for Rochas is not about his performance in Imo state. I think there's something you're failing to tell. I belive that even if Rochas turns Imo state to Dubai and New York put together, you'll still have a problem with him. Tell me what it is biko.

Ichie!! If he does, I will eat my words, come out on Nairaland and open a thread and put a paid advertorial of my express apologies in two National dailies of your choice..

But you know that aint never gonna happen...

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 3:22pm On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

But you know that aint never gonna happen...
Probably...but he's not done badly. I can't accept that he has not lived up to the hype but i will just say he's done averagely well. I noticed that you and Dede1 don't like him and don't want to. I wonder why? I will commence my investigation asap...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Okijajuju1(m): 3:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Probably...but he's not done badly. I can't accept that he has not lived up to the hype but i will just say he's done averagely well. I noticed that you and Dede1 don't like him and don't want to. I wonder why? I will commence my investigation asap...

Afam.. I promise to take a days drive into Owerri with my Camera very soon, I will start my shots from the boundary between Rivers State and Imo State and start firing off shots.. It would be a long slow painful drive, but I will do this.. All I need is one free weekend. I hope to find one soon.. If I can, I might even sample the opinions of a few Niggas I see on the streets.

Nwanne, Take it from me.. Owerri looks like an abandoned project..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 3:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

LoL! at ur analysis.
It's clear for all to see that anyone who has stepped into PH will attest to what am saying.
Am not heaping ALL the blame on Amechi cause he seems to be struggling along making snail strides in the right direction (to whom much is given...). But he needs to do alot more.
PH is an overcrowded, disaster prone city, with purgatorial traffic that keeps u on the edge!

If u read my previous posts. It's clear that i'm very umimpressed with Rochas' performance.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2012
Eifeh: The picture is too small to begin with, more picture please, that enugu thread by spyder is up to 45 pages.
spyder,wanted to do that for imo state but they discouraged the dude. Enugu thread didnt reach those pages in one day. It was a gradual thing. Pictures are still bn posted up till now in that thread. Including good,bad and ugly pics.
This thread needs more pic,its already in front page...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Abagworo(m), Broveens42(m) and 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96