Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,400 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2398286 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 6:51am On Oct 01, 2013
@Abagworo

You mean to replicate prostitution, poverty, under development in other SE state and Nigeria? TUFIAKWA!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 7:11am On Oct 01, 2013
There are still so much work that needs to be done in Owerre the only place the governor is showing some attention. Other 25 LGAs are almost no go areas. I think Rochas should make use of all the loans he has borrowed or has he wasted it all. I just wish he learns from the governor with foresight.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 7:26am On Oct 01, 2013
These are some of the roads even at the periphery of the state capital. The governor should do new jobs instead of eulogizing and painting roads did by past government.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 7:31am On Oct 01, 2013
I think rochas has alot to learn from Obi in terms of rural road development so that rural communities will be like there counterpart in the urban centers. Below are pictures of rural roads in Imo state. But at least rochas has done some good work on street markings.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 7:33am On Oct 01, 2013
Am not implying that rochas has not done some works so far. But what we have seen so far is disaster to say the least.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:35am On Oct 01, 2013
jbaur24: There are still so much work that needs to be done in Owerre the only place the governor is showing some attention. Other 25 LGAs are almost no go areas. I think Rochas should make use of all the loans he has borrowed or has he wasted it all. I just wish he learns from the governor with foresight.

You are right that a lot needs to be done. There are 27 LGAs in Imo State and work is going on one way or the other in all but I must however say that I wasn't impressed with the rural roads as they lack walkways and most of those that luckily have drainage, the drainages are open. However the works I've seen in Owerri and Orlu are impressive to me. A change in the right direction is good and we must free ourselves from tribalism, jealousy and partisanship to appreciate good things. Another reason I'm impressed is that expensive company like Julius Berger is not the one handling the projects but mostly indigenous Nigerian engineers and few foreigners. That will help develop our local construction industry, employ and empower our people. They may make mistakes at 1st but will perfect in future.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 7:36am On Oct 01, 2013
I have some pictures, but they are too large a file. I need to compress it to be able to send it.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 7:40am On Oct 01, 2013
Abagworo:

You are right that a lot needs to be done. There are 27 LGAs in Imo State and work is going on one way or the other in all but I must however say that I wasn't impressed with the rural roads as they lack walkways and most of those that luckily have drainage, the drainages are open. However the works I've seen in Owerri and Orlu are impressive to me. A change in the right direction is good and we must free ourselves from tribalism, jealousy and partisanship to appreciate good things. Another reason I'm impressed is that expensive company like Julius Berger is not the one handling the projects but mostly indigenous Nigerian engineers and few foreigners. That will help develop our local construction industry, employ and empower our people. They may make mistakes at 1st but will perfect in future.

Is it only Weatheral road that is in Imo state. Why is it that any government that comes to Imo state dissipate so much energy in Owerri. Ohakin did the same thing and okorocha is doing it again, even with all the loans borrowed+federal allocation+13% derivation. Is this the best they could do with all the money?

check this road it is at the periphery of Owerre.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:41am On Oct 01, 2013
I am very proud of the building on this thread, because they all belong to Ndi-imo. Unlike some people getting excited in other thread over a building that belongs to the British.

All we ask is for the gov to work as hard as the igbo people and we will reach the stars.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:41am On Oct 01, 2013
@chino I think that's the Nekede road that has received so much publicity. Its probably the worst visible road in Imo but I think Imo is lucky though to have few bad roads hence what is mostly needed is enhancement and upgrade to international standard like Rochas is doing.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 7:42am On Oct 01, 2013
With the loans borrowed+federal allocation+13% derivation am yet to see any work done on health, education, industrialization drive to create employment for the poor people of imo state rather they are running to neighboring states for jobs.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 7:43am On Oct 01, 2013
Abagworo:

errmmm...walkways in rural roads?knowing the scattered settlement pattern in the south east you think it is possible?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 7:45am On Oct 01, 2013
Ok now, this is Ahiara-Mbise road. Rochas has been running round and round painting just roads in Owerre. I have not seen roads as bad as this in the recent time elsewhere meanwhile rochas has borrowed heavily coupled with federal allocation and 13% derivation.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 7:52am On Oct 01, 2013
We all need to wake our leaders from slumber. Ok here is Ama-Nwaozuzu to Ikeduru, it is now unpassable. Why has rochas not been able to spread development to the rural areas just like it is being done in the neigboring state north of Imo state

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 7:54am On Oct 01, 2013
Am still compressing some pictures, they are too large a file. It is burning my bandwidth, but we need to expose some of our incompetent leaders.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:55am On Oct 01, 2013
asha 80: errmmm...walkways in rural roads?knowing the scattered settlement pattern in the south east you think it is possible?

I believe it is possible and does not require so much money especially in populated areas like Amaraku, Ahiara, Amaigbo, Okwelle, Anara, Amauzari, Obowo, Umuelemai, Irete, Orji, Atta, Oguta, Mgbidi, Umuaka, Nkwerre, Urualla, Egbu/Emekuku/Emii, Osina etc
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 7:57am On Oct 01, 2013
How can they do walkway in the rural areas when the road itself is 'hell'. We need to vote out bad leaders in 2015.

Ok here is Akabo road. I noticed bikes are still plying the rural areas as it was only banned in urban areas.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:04am On Oct 01, 2013
jbaur24: How can they do walkway in the rural areas when the road itself is 'hell'. We need to vote out bad leaders in 2015.

Ok here is Akabo road. I noticed bikes are still plying the rural areas as it was only banned in urban areas.

This road is not Akabo road but Owerri-Okigwe-Enugu federal road that runs through several populated settlements in Imo State. I think the road is good and is only flooded after heavy downpour as I passed the road few weeks ago and there was no flooding. The only thing I wasn't happy about is the roundabout I was meeting in almost every few kilometers. That's not right for a federal highway.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 8:05am On Oct 01, 2013
Am not saying Rochas has not done some work at least road markings, grassing etc. But he needs to spread development to all parts of the states. Imo state does not begin and end with Owerre govt house.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 8:06am On Oct 01, 2013
Abagworo:

This road is not Akabo road but Owerri-Okigwe-Enugu federal road that runs through several populated settlements in Imo State. I think the road is good and is only flooded after heavy downpour as I passed the road few weeks ago and there was no flooding. The only thing I wasn't happy about is the roundabout I was meeting in almost every few kilometers. That's not right for a federal highway.

This road is good in your sight? You hypocrisy is legendary. What is going on with the road, why can't the governor spread out development instead of just one place? Owerre is just a small place so anything put there is easily noticed by gullible citizens.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 8:08am On Oct 01, 2013
Am still trying to compress some pictures as they are above 200kb or so.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:26am On Oct 01, 2013
Does anyone recognize here? This was in 2011.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 8:29am On Oct 01, 2013
This is still periphery of Owerre. I thought the road has been done, but placed a call now to confirmed that the road has gone from bad to worse.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 8:33am On Oct 01, 2013
I wonder what our leaders are doing with all the money. Ok here is are some of rural roads in Okigwe area. This is very unfair to humanity. Why has Okorocha neglected rural areas? Didn't they vote for him?

I must say, I measure the success of any state with the level of development in the rural areas.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:34am On Oct 01, 2013
jbaur24: This is still periphery of Owerre. I thought the road has been done, but placed a call now to confirmed that the road has gone from bad to worse.

Chino stop spamming the thread with Ohakim pictures. And stop working hard trying to look for flooded roads to spam this thread. You did same on Enugu thread.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 8:36am On Oct 01, 2013
Abagworo:

Chino stop spamming the thread with Ohakim pictures. And stop working hard trying to look for flooded roads to spam this thread. You did same on Enugu thread.

Am not spamming anything, but we have to stop our incompetent leaders! Simple! Why are you dragging another state with you here? We are discussing Imo state disaster. Show me flooded roads here? I thought you will say that those places are not the same Imo state where rochas has borrowed over 70billion+federal allocation+13% derivation!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 8:38am On Oct 01, 2013
If we do not expose these guys they will not do anything for us!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 8:40am On Oct 01, 2013
Abagworo: Does anyone recognize here? This was in 2011.

Stop showing us round-about and roads did by Mbakwe. The only thing that okorocha did was to paint them. Thats all!

By the way does Imo state start and end with small Owerre even though the roads did there are not impressive?

I measure the success and development of any state with the level of improvements in the rural areas.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:44am On Oct 01, 2013
jbaur24:

Stop showing us round-about and roads did by Mbakwe. The only thing that okorocha did was to paint them. Thats all!

The road was actually done by Udenwa while Ohakim repainted them with that black and white stripes that disgust me. That dilapidated structure you saw there is today's "Hero's apartment", amusement park and commissioners quaters and across is Hero's square.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 8:45am On Oct 01, 2013
I still have buckets of pictures to show you that Okorosha is nothing but a fraud in Imo state. Ohakim was better though he only focused on building more and more hotels which was not so good for the state because they already have 3-6 hotels per street.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jbaur24: 8:47am On Oct 01, 2013
Abagworo:

The road was actually done by Udenwa while Ohakim repainted them with that black and white stripes that disgust me. That dilapidated structure you saw there is today's "Hero's apartment", amusement park and commissioners quaters and across is Hero's square.

How does the Hero's Park and all those white elephant projects benefit the poor and jobless Imo state people? Why didn't he use the money to develop rural roads and utilities? This is cluelessness!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:56am On Oct 01, 2013
jbaur24:

How does the Hero's Park and all those white elephant projects benefit the poor and jobless Imo state people? Why didn't he use the money to develop rural roads and utilities? This is cluelessness!

I think Orlu today is more developed than your State capital.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.