Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,026 members, 7,828,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2411777 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (1021) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Don't mind him! He always makes this silly accusation when it comes to Imo or Enugu, but ask him to show you 'rural' developments of his own governor now and there'll be silence!

Could someone tell the governor to tell the contractor that built those roads to go back and finish the job! There are no road markings, and they appear to be fast fading in areas where they bothered to paint them!
enyi keep quiet...i am from imo and abagworo knows.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast1: 2:07pm On Dec 31, 2013
So this is the crap this clown achieved in almost 4yrs, even with huge loans hanging on the state today which it won't be able to offset even in the next 50yrs.

Where are the schools, hospitals, job creation/investment drive? Etc.

I pray that imo state get a governor in 2015. Ihedioha, anyanwu, agbaso and iheanocho, any of the above can go.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
asha 80: mbaise,obowo,mbano and okigwe axis,oguta are also rural areas....like as i have always maitained developement is supposed to be widespread and not concetrated in one or two axis or areas(not expecting completed projects though)

I've not visited Mbaise but I've visited Amaraku, Atta and Obowo. Obowo has at least 5 rural roads constructed and a large modern market. Amaraku is under construction. I think its even being upgraded to a mini-city kind of settlement.

You can read this.

http://crimefacts.org/drama-as-resettled-traders-boo-theodore-orji-at-imo-industrial-market/

Mbaise people seem to be fighting Rochas and may refuse to post pictures but I'm quite sure that a lot must have been done in that axis and beyond.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Don't mind him! He always makes this silly accusation when it comes to Imo or Enugu, but ask him to show you 'rural' developments of his own governor now and there'll be silence!

Could someone tell the governor to tell the contractor that built those roads to go back and finish the job! There are no road markings, and they appear to be fast fading in areas where they bothered to paint them!

I believe they will be painted and marked by ending of 2014. I know politicians and their ways. Rochas will like everywhere to be sparkling by ending of 2014. Rivers State started marking their completed roads this year.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
Abagworo:

I've not visited Mbaise but I've visited Amaraku, Atta and Obowo. Obowo has at least 5 rural roads constructed and a large modern market. Amaraku is under construction. I think its even being upgraded to a mini-city kind of settlement.

You can read this.

http://crimefacts.org/drama-as-resettled-traders-boo-theodore-orji-at-imo-industrial-market/

Mbaise people seem to be fighting Rochas and may refuse to post pictures but I'm quite sure that a lot must have been done in that axis and beyond.
from my hometown you can get to that market in obowo....i wonder what goes on in t a orji's mind....mbaise is the next frontier in imo and i hope they play the right politics...sometimes it is not good at times to be open on whom you oppose...to get to obowo from from owerri you have to pass mbaise so any acrimony obowo will be affected.nddc is handling the mbaise ring road and mbaise ngwa road...not sure of the work on those roads.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
asha 80: from my hometown you can get to that market in obowo....i wonder what goes on in t a orji's mind....mbaise is the next frontier in imo and i hope they play the right politics...sometimes it is not good at times to be open on whom you oppose...to get to obowo from from owerri you have to pass mbaise so any acrimony obowo will be affected.nddc is handling the mbaise ring road and mbaise ngwa road...not sure of the work on those roads.

How can you believe the FG and NDDC? They proclaimed that in order to prevent Rochas from embarking on the projects and earn the honor. If Rochas was the one, it would have been started instantly and might have reached 50% completion. They will come out with pictures and claim it has been abandoned just like the ones that are now completed which they claimed were abandoned as at June.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
Abagworo:

How can you believe the FG and NDDC? They proclaimed that in order to prevent Rochas from embarking on the projects and earn the honor. If Rochas was the one, it would have been started instantly and might have reached 50% completion. They will come out with pictures and claim it has been abandoned just like the ones that are now completed which they claimed were abandoned as at June.
ok...just that ihedoiha claimed that to have attracted the mbaise ring road and chris anyanwu the mbaise ngwa road.....there are some things you do not play politics with.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
asha 80: ok...just that ihedoiha claimed that to have attracted the mbaise ring road and chris anyanwu the mbaise ngwa road.....there are some things you do not play politics with.

Even the Owerri/Umuahia road was included with a roundabout at Ahiara. Its purely politics to prevent Rochas from starting projects in Mbaise. I'm sure you might see some of them blame Rochas today for the state of these roads.

Now read these lies and tell me if works have started on the said roads.

Ihedioha Starts N4.3bn Rehabilitation of Owerri-Umuahia Road Project

10 Dec 2012
Font Size: a / A

Emeka Ihedioha

By Amby Uneze

The Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, at the weekend, commenced the N4.3 billion rehabilitation of Owerri-Umuahia road, with emphasis of building a modern roundabout at Ahiara Junction in Mbaise as a way of immortalising the area based on its historical significance.

Cutting the tape to begin the road project with its drainage system on-going by the contractor, Zerock Nigeria Limited, the deputy speaker expressed delight that finally a monumental structure of Federal Government presence had reached the Ahiara junction which was where the late Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu-Ojukwu, performed the famous “Ahiara Declaration” in 1967 during the Nigeria-Biafra civil war.
“Today is a landmark day for us in Mbaise. This project started three years aga at the National Assembly, and with its realization, it will de-congest traffic in this part of the country. Ahiara is in the history books because of Ahiara Declaration. This is a symbolic roundabout to mark the greatness of Mbaise,” he stated.

Ihedioha who toured other adjourning spurs at Nkwogwu-Amuzi-Amakohia Ikeduru; and in Aboh Mbaise stated that the project as important as it links to Abia State and other local governments in Imo state, and thanked the Federal Government and his colleagues in the National Assembly for their support for the project.

According to him, I am satisfied so far for the level of work being put up by the contractor and charged them to put in more effort as to realise the project in record time.

The Chairman, House Committee on Works of the House of Representatives, Hon. Ogbuefi Ozomgbachi, promised that the House would carry oversight functions on regular basis to assess the projects being done throughout the country.

Earlier the Director, Public Procurement of the Federal Ministry of Works, Mr. John Chukwu, and his counter in the Highways, South-east, Mr. Godwin Eghieze, as well as the state Federal Controller of Works, Mr. F. Nwankwo, all urged the people of Mbaise to support the project so that development and progress would come in their area.

Chairman of Zerock Nigeria Limited, Mr. Charbel Habbib, promised to deliver the project in record time.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ihedioha-starts-n4-3bn-rehabilitation-of-owerri-umuahia-road-project/133106/

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cyberknight: 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
eaglechild:
Wow didn't know this building is a hotel.
Has to be one of the biggest in the SE.

But is it not one too many.
Is it govt owned?

Isn't this the old Progress Bank building on Douglas Road that was abandoned for several years?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by aieromon(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2013
Modern roundabout? I'm speechless
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by aieromon(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
berem: These hotels springing up in every nook and cranny of Owerri is becoming annoying. Its not as if Owerri is a tourist centre. What really attracts people to lodge in hotels in the city? The construction of hotels should be banned and let people divert their resources in other sectors.

It's so bad that a long stretch of road will start and end with hotel buildings.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
Cyberknight:

Isn't this the old Progress Bank building on Douglas Road that was abandoned for several years?

No its not. This project was started earlier this year at one of the new roads around New Owerri though they've been stuck on the 9th floor for a while.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 5:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
More Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
More

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
More Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
Gigantic golden ball being constructed at Bongo Square and a rural junction in Orlu area.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Nice pics.....all things considered!

Any recent pics of the schools or new hospitals being built? They should have finished more besides the one in Owerri that was built last year.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by aieromon(m): 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Who here is based in Owerri? Why is the government allergic to building flyover bridges in traffic prone areas?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cjrane: 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
Good pics abagoro or abagworo.
You should have shot a video nah? So we can compare with these ones shot exactly one year ago.between 25th- 31st Dec. 2012.
Did Rochas complete all those roads and roudabouts? What about the monuments such as Akachi etc ? Nwanne, biko shoot a video for your bros. Pics are only useful for those who know the city well. Videos tell the story better than pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVA-gYo6Qqs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft7_4nd0ypc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHb94F1ntnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I41YJNvyIfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUYn0I8xOjw

Owerri is a fun place to spend the Christmas mehn!
I miss that city !
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mckennedy: 8:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
I have seen this pics many time, What happened to places like Mbaitoli Lga, mbano Lga , etc? ppl should go to villages and see if Rochas is working? Presently am in IMO state I see no changes in Ogwa were I came from not even conducive school for children like he always claims. I see no good access roads to connect to the town? Lets stop deciving ourselves.i demand an answer.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:19pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mckennedy: I have seen this pics many time, What happened to places like Mbaitoli Lga, mbano Lga , etc? ppl should go to villages and see if Rochas is working? Presently am in IMO state I see no changes in Ogwa were I came from not even conducive school for children like he always claims. I see no good access roads to connect to the town? Lets stop deciving ourselves.i demand an answer.

Hey you are a big liar. This Government is constructing a Road from Atta to Orodo and they've passed Ogwa but yet to reach Orodo. 2ndly I noticed another new road in Ogwa which has gone beyond 60%. Please always write the truth.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by aieromon(m): 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
Abagworo:

Hey you are a big liar. This Government is constructing a Road from Atta to Orodo and they've passed Ogwa but yet to reach Orodo. 2ndly I noticed another new road in Ogwa which has gone beyond 60%. Please always write the truth.

He's right to an extent. There are no good access roads in Ogwa but construction work is going on at the moment. The same goes for Mbieri.

It's unfortunate nobody has replied my question I earlier asked. I've been to most parts of Imo in the last ten months and seen visible signs of road construction especially in Rochas area(can't remember his local government). I'm familiar with most of the pictures posted except some of them need to be updated.

IMHO, Rochas is doing a great job.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
aieromon:

He's right to an extent. There are no good access roads in Ogwa but construction work is going on at the moment. The same goes for Mbieri.

It's unfortunate nobody has replied my question I earlier asked. I've been to most parts of Imo in the last ten months and seen visible signs of road construction especially in Rochas area(can't remember his local government). I'm familiar with most of the pictures posted except some of them need to be updated.

IMHO, Rochas is doing a great job.

That Road from Atta to Ogwa is accessible. I don't know Ogwa much but I got there from Atta on a newly constructed road and also saw another road right inside Ogwa under construction.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by paulemi(m): 11:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
Owerri is beautiful. This holiday season I've had time to travel round, both within and outside the state, and compare and I think Rochas is cool. He has his faults, but he's OK. I'm proud of my state, but there's still a lot more work to be done; we need industries in the state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by paulemi(m): 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
aieromon: Who here is based in Owerri? Why is the government allergic to building flyover bridges in traffic prone areas?
I've noticed that too. I've also noticed the one being built at wetheral junction, beside Emmanuel College.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by aieromon(m): 11:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
Abagworo:

That Road from Atta to Ogwa is accessible. I don't know Ogwa much but I got there from Atta on a newly constructed road and also saw another road right inside Ogwa under construction.

Have you tried linking Ogwa from Okigwe road?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by aieromon(m): 12:07am On Jan 01, 2014
paulemi:
I've noticed that too. I've also noticed the one being built at wetheral junction, beside Emmanuel College.

Are you referring to the pedestrian bridge before MCC junction?

Two points of congestion are:-

1. Along the Orlu road. There is a skeleton of a flyover bridge there said to be built by Ohakim before he was deselected. That junction needs serious attention.

2. The roundabout where an amusement park is being constructed. I wonder why a roundabout was created there instead of a flyover bridge. What amazes me further is the link roads where the amusement park is being built. The road is beautified by arches of what I don't understand. The pictures are on this thread.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:24am On Jan 01, 2014
aieromon:

2. The roundabout where an amusement park is being constructed. I wonder why a roundabout was created there instead of a flyover bridge. What amazes me further is the link roads where the amusement park is being built. The road is beautified by arches of what I don't understand. The pictures are on this thread.

Owerri seriously needs a flyover at that junction. I've argued that with Deridegul in one of the other threads. Imo Government created 3 new link roads and reconstructed the Nekede Road bridge but the hold up there has persisted. I guess the lasting solution will be a 4 way flyover like the one at Upper Iweka. Anything less will create Rumuola flyover type of hold up in Owerri.

Happy New year to all Imolites, Igbos, Ikwerres and Nigerians. God bless us all.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:33am On Jan 01, 2014
aieromon:

Have you tried linking Ogwa from Okigwe road?

Yes from Atta junction on Okigwe Road of course.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:11am On Jan 01, 2014
I'm happy I've been vindicated. Most people that traveled to or through Imo State this season cannot deny the miraculous transformation in the State. Any one that denies it is even denying his own existence. These links are real people saying their real mind and what they saw.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=711228742229977&id=100000285735982&p=30&refid=52

Kissinger Ikeokwu
As a witness of truth, I ventured into Orlu yesterday and saw for myself the transformation of Orlu into a modern city all kudos to Owelle Rochas Okorocha. This however is not an endorsement for ORO's 2nd term ambition. The truth remains that ORO has tried and is trying, but he has to give way in 2015 as Imolites have other people who can push governance beyond this level. But in Orlu, I saw dt ORO has taste.
Sunday at 8:45am via BlackBerry

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 1:16am On Jan 01, 2014
Rochas should remember the rural roads, went for a wedding in Ikeduru and the state of the roads was terrible.

The town looked totally neglected and off grid despite being so close to Owerri.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (1021) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.