Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,899 members, 7,828,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2411539 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (1021) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:57pm On Oct 12, 2013
More of protest pictures

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
The render for hotel in Orlu Imo State.

PROGRAM: Hotel. Luxury Suites and rooms,
Convention Center, Shopping, Gym, Spa,
Restaurant & Bar, Pool and Chillout, Parking
-Hotel: 306 rooms
SITE: 9,147 m2
BUILT: 29,844 m2

The hotel challenges the boundaries between the public and private, between the interior and the exterior. It is an oval-shaped structure with glass on all sides to fuse the interior and exterior, and the hotel features a strong division and a strong connection between public and private. Communal areas at entry levels are connected by a garden, to two 15-storey towers which house all the private units.

http://dnabarcelonapartners./page/2/

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
Owerri hotel now on the 9th floor.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
Abagworo, which part of Orlu is the construction of the hotel going to be? Orlu doesn't have quality hotels as in what is seen in Owerri metropolis.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 9:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
Abagworo: The render for hotel in Orlu Imo State.

PROGRAM: Hotel. Luxury Suites and rooms,
Convention Center, Shopping, Gym, Spa,
Restaurant & Bar, Pool and Chillout, Parking
-Hotel: 306 rooms
SITE: 9,147 m2
BUILT: 29,844 m2

The hotel challenges the boundaries between the public and private, between the interior and the exterior. It is an oval-shaped structure with glass on all sides to fuse the interior and exterior, and the hotel features a strong division and a strong connection between public and private. Communal areas at entry levels are connected by a garden, to two 15-storey towers which house all the private units.

http://dnabarcelonapartners./page/2/

^^^I'll start taking interest in this and Rochas other landmark projects when i see pics of appreciable progress being made!

The foundation for this was laid since last year, yet no updates; which only tells me that it's been abandoned.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
Abagworo: Owerri hotel now on the 9th floor.

^^^Is work still ongoing on this one in Owerri?; and any renders for it like the Orlu one?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I'll start taking interest in this and Rochas other landmark projects when i see pics of appreciable progress being made!

The foundation for this was laid since last year, yet no updates; which only tells me that it's been abandoned.

I got these pictures from skyscrapercity and I'm yet to ascertain the state of the projects at the moment. At least the one in Owerri has gone far by reaching 9th floor. I'm not aware of when it was started but from the companies website it reads April 2013.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
These hotels springing up in every nook and cranny of Owerri is becoming annoying. Its not as if Owerri is a tourist centre. What really attracts people to lodge in hotels in the city? The construction of hotels should be banned and let people divert their resources in other sectors.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 9:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
Whenever i think of Anambra, what comes to mind is Onitsha and Nnewi. Why can't those towns/cities be turned into economic giants by putting in place the necessary machinery to put these towns in a pedestal that will make it compete with any major city in Africa or the world. Onitsah and Nnewi are underutilised and the human resources of Anambra is also under-utilized. By now Anambra should be the pride of not just Nigeria but Africa. That's why we need to vote in someone like Chukwuma Soludo into the governorship seat. Because it's a shame that an Anambra will expect accolades for building some rural roads and abandoning the majore cities and towns.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
berem: These hotels springing up in every nook and cranny of Owerri is becoming annoying. Its not as if Owerri is a tourist centre. What really attracts people to lodge in hotels in the city? The construction of hotels should be banned and let people divert their resources in other sectors.
there is no stopping building of hotels in owerri because it is lucrative...attraction?ngwori simple.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
asha 80: there is no stopping building of hotels in owerri because it is lucrative...attraction?ngwori simple.
what is ngwori?
You want to tell me no other business apart from hotel business will be lucrative in Owerri?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
berem: what is ngwori?
You want to tell me no other business apart from hotel business will be lucrative in Owerri?
are you sure you went to imsu asking me what ngwori is?there are other biz that can thrive or are thriving in owerri but you cannot beat the return of profit in hotel biz in owerri otherwise.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
Abagworo: Owerri hotel now on the 9th floor.
Wow didn't know this building is a hotel.
Has to be one of the biggest in the SE.

But is it not one too many.
Is it govt owned?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
Update on Orlu which was a rural area as at 2011 but. is now a city better than some State capitals with all the streets well lit up with functional streetlights and all the roads are now almost complete. Only covering of drainages and marking is left. Barely 2 and half years.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
More and Some Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
More

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by phantom(m): 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
abagworo^^^^^^ is that really orlu or some parts of owerri? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked......if it is,orlu is changing o!!!!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
More. This is that FUTO road that was in the news earlier as a blackmail. Even though a federal road, Work has gone far on it courtesy of IMSG.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
phantom: abagworo^^^^^^ is that really orlu or some parts of owerri? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked......if it is,orlu is changing o!!!!

That's Orlu and its not just changing but is a full time city by Nigerian standards. Right now majority of the projects in Imo State have reached advanced stage. The rumour politicians are now using is that Imo State borrowed 200billion to do the projects. Only a gullible illiterate will buy such childish insinuation. I feel bad that people can see changes clearly and turn blind eyes to it for political reasons.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2013
Owerri/Aba highway dualized from Owerri township to Nekede with Streetlights.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
Updated look of Bank Road or control Owerri.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
Updated look Wetheral Road Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
More pics coming. A lot of people are in Imo seeing things for themselves. There's hold up everywhere including rural areas.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 1:40pm On Dec 31, 2013
Abagworo: More pics coming. A lot of people are in Imo seeing things for themselves. There's hold up everywhere including rural areas.
awaiting pics from rural pics which is where i am more interested in.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
asha 80: awaiting pics from rural pics which is where i am more interested in.

Aren't Orlu and Nekede rural areas? Most roads connecting communities are either complete or have reached reasonable stages but they are not dualized hence my lack of interest in snapping them. I only snapped that FUTO road because it made headlines.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
If that's Orlu then whoever says Rochas is not working deserves to get themselves checked. I wanmt to see the major towns in Imo state acquire a city status and of international standard. I must commend Rochas for taking it upon himself to do something about Okigwe and Orlu which have been neglected for a long time that a song was even composed for both cities...Obodo nile emepesiala ofo ndi Okigwe na Orlu. That song will become history very soon.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
Abagworo:

Aren't Orlu and Nekede rural areas?
mbaise,obowo,mbano and okigwe axis,oguta are also rural areas....like as i have always maitained developement is supposed to be widespread and not concetrated in one or two axis or areas(not expecting completed projects though)
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by phantom(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2013
yet people will come here and say the south east is the least developed meanwhile every nook and cranny is seeing some level of development.i wish the state govt can site something important in the mbaise area.that lga is too damn big.should be a state on its own.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by phantom(m): 1:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
Afam4eva: If that's Orlu then whoever says Rochas is not working deserves to get themselves checked. I wanmt to see the major towns in Imo state acquire a city status and of international standard. I must commend Rochas for taking it upon himself to do something about Okigwe and Orlu which have been neglected for a long time that a song was even composed for both cities...Obodo nile emepesiala ofo ndi Okigwe na Orlu. That song will become history very soon.
afam..amen!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 1:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
phantom: yet people will come here and say the south east is the least developed meanwhile every nook and cranny is seeing some level of development.i wish the state govt can site something important in the mbaise area.that lga is too damn big.should be a state on its own.
taa gbafuo lol....what abour ohaji egbema that is almost two times that of mbaise?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
Abagworo:

Aren't Orlu and Nekede rural areas? Most roads connecting communities are either complete or have reached reasonable stages but they are not dualized hence my lack of interest in snapping them. I only snapped that FUTO road because it made headlines.

^^^Don't mind him! He always makes this silly accusation when it comes to Imo or Enugu, but ask him to show you 'rural' developments of his own governor now and there'll be silence!

Could someone tell the governor to tell the contractor that built those roads to go back and finish the job! There are no road markings, and they appear to be fast fading in areas where they bothered to paint them!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by phantom(m): 2:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
asha 80: taa gbafuo lol....what abour ohaji egbema that is almost two times that of mbaise?
grin dede..jiri ya wayo..

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (1021) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.