Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2395365 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
And revamped Imo poultry Avutu makes its first sales of thousands of chicken today 09/09/2014 after more than 20 years of being moribund.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChinoElects: 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
Abagworo, what will I do for you so you can stop mentioning my name on anything that has to do with Imo state or Okorosha? Of course you know we are not on the same level because I cannot play at your local level. Stop calling my name because I have not and will not comment on this thread unless you look for my trouble.

If you do not want me to give this thread a treat you are yearning for right now then stop mentioning my name. Stop associating me with this mess of a thread or anything that has to do with it. Thank you

Abagworo:

And what should be done to you that is the real deceiver? Mr Chino abeg park one side. We no dey the same level.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
ChinoElects: Abagworo, what will I do for you so you can stop mentioning my name on anything that has to do with Imo state or Okorosha? Of course you know we are not on the same level because I cannot play at your local level. Stop calling my name because I have not and will not comment on this thread unless you look for my trouble.

If you do not want me to give this thread a treat you are yearning for right now then stop mentioning my name. Stop associating me with this mess of a thread or anything that has to do with it. Thank you

Chino = Odenigbo= Oneeast= Chinoelect = Nripriest + 1000 other monikers. I just adress all your monikers as Chino.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
Abagworo: And revamped Imo poultry Avutu makes its first sales of thousands of chicken today 09/09/2014 after more than 20 years of being moribund.

Are you sure the poultry have been fully revived to the extent of selling chicken ? Are these the true pictures of Avutu Poultry ? If yes, then it is very commendable.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by capricon: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
soloqy: Am not as impressed as I am with the Enugu state governor's works. Almost everything here is uncompleted projects. Chime trounces all the south east governors in achievements.

Plus Enugu is the poorest SE state though with the highest debt undecided
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
Abagworo: And revamped Imo poultry Avutu makes its first sales of thousands of chicken today 09/09/2014 after more than 20 years of being moribund.
nna lekwa unu okuko chara cha! grin grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 10, 2014
Abagworo:

Yes 27 of it is going on simultaneously and it's a huge project. I pray for him to be able to complete the structures this 1st tenure and gradually equip them in turns starting from high density areas. Imagine a State with 27 standard general hospitals of this magnitude. Even Rivers which is best for now won't be anywhere close.
i pray so too, it's a very good development.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:02am On Sep 10, 2014
Abagworo:

Chino = Odenigbo= Oneeast= Chinoelect = Nripriest + 1000 other monikers. I just adress all your monikers as Chino.

You are so dense...whatever floats your boat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
Rochas Okorocha politics sef. If he fails to win votes convincingly in Orlu the largest vote-rendering LGA in Imo state, sorry.

Highlighting his failures in Orlu - uncompleted projects - is to enable him reappraise them, satisfy the voters; instead of having him rely on these on-line praise singers who seem to believe that Imo state begins and ends in the state capital.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
RareDiamond: I LOVE IMO STATE AND ITS BEAUTIFUL AND HOSPITABLE PEOPLE. GOD BLESS NDI IMO STATE, NDI IGBO, NIGERIA AND AFRICA

This property have been posted almost 50 times...

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Abagworo: Completed Imo international conference centre and already holding events. Will host the next NBA convention.

http://www.nigerianbar.org.ng/agc14/index.html

This property have been posted almost 50 times...

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
Chai, it will take the southeast 100 years to attain world class development from Enugu to Amabra, Imo, Ebonyi and Abia. Apart from some private houses, all their past leaders are just thieves. No proper road, railway,electricity, school, hospital and state infrastructure. Odi egwu Oooo!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 12:30am On Sep 11, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe: Chai, it will take the southeast 100 years to attain world class development from Enugu to Amabra, Imo, Ebonyi and Abia. Apart from some private houses, all their past leaders are just thieves. No proper road, railway,electricity, school, hospital and state infrastructure. Odi egwu Oooo!

^^^What the South East needs is for Nigeria to fulfill it's pledge on the 3Rs which was never implemented since the end of the civil war! It needs a dedicated infrastructural fund of not less than 5 billion dollars......now where the hell will such an amount come from!? If to say we were on our own and had control over our own sovereignty and resources, such an amount could easily be sourced!

Also, the fragmented polity of the old East Central State (now divided into 5 states together with their attendant divided loyalties) doesn't allow for a concerted centralized effort in mapping out a infrastructural development plan for the entire region; each state is busy doing their own thing, with no observable desire for cooperation on a regional level! The annoying thing about the present state of affairs is that big-ticket projects (that a Dr M I Okpara could undertake for the whole region) are now difficult to initiate because -financially- we've spread ourselves to thinly, and each Governor is busy engaged in lightweight projects (like patching roads, renovating classroom blocks, and -if we're lucky- building clinics) that have little economic impact in the long term! Even these mostly substandard projects don't last given the poor maintenance attitude shown to gov't property, or given the neglect shown projects of the immediate past administration! This is why i had wanted the federating units collapsed into 6 or 8 regions during the last national conference!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by soloqy: 1:39am On Sep 11, 2014
Honestly, the stuff being posted here as Rochas' achievements are quite embarrassing . Shame.... Real shame

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
IGBOSON1:

This is why i had wanted the federating units collapsed into 6 or 8 regions during the last national conference!

But wishes are not horses. We would have loved a strong regional government system but we do not operate in isolation of other parts of Nigeria who refuse regional government system for fear they may lose revenues from crude oil as well as possibility of complete splitting of Nigeria by regions to entirely new countries.

Therefore, in the absence of returning to regional government system, the more states conceded to southeast now, the better it is for the area economically.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
soloqy: Honestly, the stuff being posted here as Rochas' achievements are quite embarrassing . Shame.... Real shame

Seriously this thread is about showcasing Imo State as it is as the most attractive State in Nigeria and its emerging tourism market and not about Rochas achievements. Most of the people trying to derail it are either jealous people from other Igbo States or political jobbers that believe the beauty of Imo State being acknowledged is equivalent to Rochas claiming it as his achievement. I've once opened a thread on Rochas achievement but the Nairaland bug saga wiped it off. I will open another one.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
Part of new owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2014

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
You're not pasting it well.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
I don't like this lack of continuity in our governance. This abandoned fly-over project, when completed with solve a lot of traffic issues of owerri including the traffic jam around assumpta cathedral. But as usual it was not initiated by Present adminitration so no attention is given to it. angry

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
IMSU junction

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
abagoro: IMSU junction

Yeah, the road to IMSU is wider now, I think work is still on going there...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
sad sad sad
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 11:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
My dear good people of Imo state. Pls be your brothers' keepers. During the outgoing rainy season, people in Orlu hardly moved from point A to point B due to uncompleted roads. It was worse whenever it rained cat and dogs. Even school kids would stay at home once there was rain. Please pray Gov. Okorocha to complete the roads his govt scrapped in Orlu as well as complete channeling of floods here to the valley. We have pleaded with his agents to not ignore this as it may completely grind the town to a halt. Pls join in pleading with Gov Okorocha to complete these vital roads as dry season is now setting in. It will not help Imo state to have only one town - Owerri - that can attract an outsider in the state. Do not be carried away by a few roads divided into dual carriage and rounabouts. Truth is that if Okorocha leaves Orlu as it is today, as it seems he may want to leave it, the town may not recover from the set back in thirty years to come. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by soloqy: 3:19am On Sep 16, 2014
Chai! sorryyy. Ala Igbo no na ochichiri embarassed embarassed
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
Senator Araraume writes on sustainable Infrastructure in Imo State.
by ADMIN on Sep 11, 2014 • 11:24 AM 60 Comments

araraume crestYou can agree with me that what our founding fathers in the likes of Dr Michael Okpara of the blessed memory put in place in terms of sustainable infrastructure have been bastardized by succeeding administrations in Imo state. What our dynamic and visionary Dee Sam Onunaka Mbakwe (Ph.D.) instituted have been systematically destroyed by those who felt and still feel that development is another kalou kalou business, were okwe rie okwe.
What a chief executive of any state will ask himself or be burdened about for is what Legacy do I leave behind after staying in an executive office as a Governor for 4 years or for an 8 year tenure. What impact does my work have on the governed? Have you noticed the positive public image the Concorde hotel built by Dee Sam Mbakwe Administration have done to Imo state since its existence for close to 40 years now. Have you thought of the quality job done?. What is the essence of using the little resources Imo has to relocate Imo state university to a village for an ego-trip and for personal interest instead of relocating the university to an already eye marked site at Aboh Mbaise/Ngor Okpala Axis by Dee Sam Mbakwe. Now the sited university at the said village has discontinued due to loud cries of the Imo populace.
What do we hope of having an international conference center on the site eye marked for Imo Hotels? Of what economic importance to Imo is the international conference centre? Is it not an attempt to showcase emptiness? How many events centers are in Owerri Imo state Capital? There are; the Ikenegbu event centre, Dan anyiam stadium, Sam Mbakwe Banquet Hall, Ahiajoku centre, Ojukwu centre, Heroes square, bongo square,plus close to 500 Hotels, banquet Halls,plus the Oguta Motels that are in ruins. These are by the way.
When I talk of provision of infrastructure,I do mean a sustainable one that will stand the test of time. It is the type of infrastructure that will attract income to the Government and to help sustain a fragile economy..Come to admire the State of the arts university teaching hospital built by Chief Achike Udenwa(Onwa) regime in Orlu and state secretariat.
Have you seen the state of these edifices? Have you given a thought on the numerousity of fly overs and pedestrian crossings in owerri which are of no usage and of no immediate economic need of the populace? Have you seen the abandoned city gates that do not add any value to the well-being of the Imo people? Are you aware of the harvest of roundabouts all over the state? Are you aware that the only Imo Library at the beck and call of Imo people have been wickedly demolished and bulldozed.
Dear friends, you will witness under my administration a reappraisal of all existing structures to strengthen all the economic viable ones and do away with those that are of burden to our economy. My administration will reverse a lot of wrongs done. The Imo Library must take its rightful place, if not giving u a Digital Library. Currently the Concorde Hotel is under lock and key, simply to create room for private Hotels to flourish.
None of them have thought of an Airport Hotel that will give our visitors hope and immediate accommodation once they arrive in Imo state. Imo Hotels, Oguta Motels all will come on stream. There is going to be no room for bill boards of fathom structures not seen. That is pure deceit. Government will be able to engage world class road makers to give Imo the best. Imo is lagging behind; Imo has lagged behind for decades. Imo will be back on stream and if Imo is given bursary to all her students, it will go to all her citizens studying in all the Nigerian universities. When we come to the bridge we shall know how to cross it with the state legislature. Infrastructure wise, Imo is far behind now. Where is our Regional water scheme?

- See more at: http://www.imostateblog.com/2014/09/11/senator-araraume-writes-on-sustainable-infrastructure-in-imo-state/#sthash.gMcAMXIp.dpuf
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
Imo Chelsea Industrial Park

About Us

The Imo Chelsea Industrial Park is the vision of the ever erudite Chairman of the Chelsea Group. It is born out of the necessity to have a self-sufficient Nigeria dependent on locally made produce as well as products thus reducing the need for unnecessary imports. It is also necessary in helping to develop the Igbo states in Nigeria and bring prestige towards the Imo state and Nigeria in general.

The Imo Chelsea Industrial Park Ltd was registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (C.A.C.) on the 12th of February 2014 with RC No: 1170664.

Area:

10,000Hectares

Place:

IMO State

Resources near by:

Sam Mbakwe Cargo airport
Port Harcourt

It is a partnership between Chelsea Group and the Imo State Government.

The Industrial park will be situated in Imo state and is planned to span a total area of 10,000 hectares with the total area of 2,000 hectares of land having already been acquired and paid for. The Chelsea Group has embarked on a large amount of projects for the benefit of Nigerians in Lagos and Abuja and as this has reserved this mammoth project for the eastern part of the country so as to give back a lasting legacy.

We will promote local industries as well as helping diversify economy away from the over reliance on Oil production and Oil sales.
Infrastructure

POWER STATION

ACCESSIBLE ROAD

DRY PORT

SCHOOLS, HOSPITALS

RAIL LINK

WASTE MANAGEMENT

STAFF QUARTERS / OFFICES

To build a world class industrial area with a first class residential area that anyone from any part of the world would be happy to live in and work in. Therefore, we will make sure that we apply best practice and quality in building and administrating the Park.

Structure Plan

The park is to be sited in Ngo-Okpala local government where commercial and subsistence agriculture are already rife. The location is also very strategic as it is close to the Sam Mbakwe Cargo airport and also a link between Port Harcourt and Abia State (both key commercial hubs in Nigeria). It will span 5 communities in this Local Government Area.

http://www.imochelseaindustrialpark.com/about-us.html

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 7:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
Imo Modern Poultry begins sale of birds

By Anolu Vincent Snr Correspondent, Owerri

The Imo Modern Poultry, Avutu, which had remained moribund for over 20 years, has received a boost by the Governor Rochas Okorocha’s government as part of its efforts to create employment opportunities, promote agriculture as well as boost the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the state. Flagging off the sale of the first batch of about 10,000 chicken raised in the farm, the state governor who was represented by the Speaker, Imo House of Assembly, Benjamin Uwajimogu, expressed joy that the Avutu Poultry which had remained one of the legacies of the late Sam Mbakwe administration about 30 years ago has come back to life.

The Imo Speaker said the present administration under the leadership of Governor Rochas Okorocha is not resting until all moribund industries in the state are revamped and abandoned projects completed. He announced that the Imo Modern Poultry within its few months of reactivation, has produced the first batch of over 10,000 chickens for sale to the public and further said that the farm will make available more than 100,000 birds for sale by December 2014. Uwajimogu revealed that the farm has the capacity to house over 2.5 million birds as well as provide investment in other areas like fisheries, live stock, feed production, processing and packaging of frozen chicken. He therefore called on investors to take advantage of the opportunities available in the project.

The speaker pledged the donation of 20,000 chicks into the poultry as part of his contribution to the development of the farm. Besides, the Commissioner for Agriculture and Natural Resources, Sir Frank Ibezim, recounted the journey through the reactivation of the Imo Modern Poultry by the present administration and commended Governor Okorocha for his vision. Ibezim noted that Imo Modern Poultry is the largest poultry South Saharan Africa situated on about 177 hectres of land with 45 poultry houses of 2.5 million birds capacity.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/09/imo-modern-poultry-begins-sale-birds/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
I thought I'd see new pictures. Most of these essays written in Nigeria have never come to pass except in very few cases. This reminds meof when Jonathan promised completing the Niger bridge before 2015 during his campaign in 2010 and the render or drawings including video was everywhere and people believed. I'm tired of these essays.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
Abagworo: I thought I'd see new pictures. Most of these essays written in Nigeria have never come to pass except in very few cases. This reminds meof when Jonathan promised completing the Niger bridge before 2015 during his campaign in 2010 and the render or drawings including video was everywhere and people believed. I'm tired of these essays.

^^^I've long since stopped reading all these long PHD dissertations! We're so good on ideas, but are always found wanting when it comes to (full and satisfactory) implementation of said ideas!

Look at a country like Rwanda; a country we can equate with the South East in most respects: just recovering from a brutal civil war; is landlocked; and has no oyel, yet they're making giant strides while all we do is talk-talk-talk!

I remember some glossy 3D videos of Int'l markets planned for Imo, Abia and Enugu, yet after the initial excitement nothing is being heard about them.....especially the ones meant for Imo and Abia in which the state gov'ts were said to be involved! Orji Uzor Kalu went to the media with talks of bringing Asian partners to start a mobile-phone assembly plant and also talked of building a steel plant in Abia, yet all we ever hear from him is political bickering, and i'm this close to labeling him a fraud! There was talk of a World Trade Center for Onitsha (in partnership with the state gov't i think).....that seems to have been a still-birth! The Abia state Governor recently talked of building a airport and seaport in Abia (or at least starting it) before leaving office (don't laugh angry).....we've heard nothing on these ever since! And i could go on and on!

Our biggest problem (discounting the 'Nigeria' problem we presently face) is the kind of charlatans and pretenders we have holding sensitive political positions in the South East!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 10:54pm On Sep 16, 2014
Kigali....Rwanda: this somewhat mirrors my dream for our cities in Igboland!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6KWTThuggw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuWkVoLQTF0
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by vanbonattel: 11:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
abagoro: IMSU junction

undecided

IMSU junction

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: chicfarmer, Ttipsy(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.