Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2402024 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Pchidexy:
I'm digressing a bit: Why do other Igbos especially some of our brothers from Anambra n Enugu States like painting us in a bad light. Take for instance, the issue of bride price. They have succeeded in making it seem like Imo state has the highest pride price in Nigeria. They are seriously painting our girls as promiscuous. I look and I ask why? What do you think is the cos of this? For me I think it is arrogance and disrespect for other people's culture which has been the bane of Igbos in this country. Unnecessary chest beating! Pls I need mature opinion and not unnecessary bashing. @Abagworo,Millionaire man,Asha,et al

Your a very stuupid animal

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 6:59am On Sep 09, 2015
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
Abagworo read this link..do you really believe all these foreign investment talk and guys? Now read the part about Vietnamese and Imo palm plantation..so Roche that is running it now have they left the place? A south African group of men were said to have resuscitated avutu poultry partially so are they going to give way to the isrealis quoted here? Some confusion here if you ask me

http://imostategovernment..com.ng/2015/08/foreign-investors-storm-imo-to-build.html?m=1
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
637 Small or Medium scale Community industries in Imo.

But Imo people first need treated pipe-borne water. This is 21st century.

Pipe-born water can save more lives, and even create more jobs for Imo people, than the community SSIs.

It's dangerous for Imolites to continue to sink more boreholes and consume untreated water from private water boreholes.

The N5 billion loan proposed for community industries can instead fetch two or three of these tanks below for Owerri Metropolis, one each in Okigwe and Orlu - for a start; then water borehole and pumps to tear out the water and pump to the tanks.

Once water is in the tanks, palavar short. Localities can then arrange for how they can access the water from the tanks - either by contributing to reactivate already existing water pipes or by laying fresh pipes.

Some of these water tanks can contain up to 300 cubic meters of water.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:09am On Sep 10, 2015
Unleash The Dragon!!!!
Harder Times Await Imo As Okorocha Inaugurates Taskforce Teams… Borehole Owners, Street Traders To Pay N100,000, N30,000
If all Governor Rochas Okorocha’s statements and directives weekend are anything to go by, then the current hardship the people of Imo State have been facing will be nothing compaired to what the governor is preparing for them as they will be facing harder times in the incoming months.
The governor, during the inauguration of various local government and state task force teams on rural assessment and development at the Imo Chamber of Commerce hall, Owerri, the state capital, told the people of the state that government would be strict in implementing all its policies in the state.
The task force teams have three months to complete their assignments.
According to him, water borehole owners, both private and commercial, must be made to pay more taxes as the state moves to privatize the state water cooperation.
It would be recalled that the governor had in his first term formulated a policy that tasked borehole owners to pay N100,000 as registration fee even when the state’s water board was not pumping water to residents. This was implemented through the ministry of public utilities, but was stoutly resisted by residence.
This time, the governor said that every drop of water consumed henceforth from the water board must be paid for by residents and that those who decided to sink boreholes will have to pay more.
Among other things, Okorocha also empowered a committee on illegal parking of vehicle to impound any vehicle wrongly parked within the state capital and convert same to loading refuse or donate it to Nigeria Prisons where necessary.
This, he said, will include commercial vehicles loading in unapproved parks, adding that he would set up mobile courts to immediately try anyone whose vehicle would be impounded.
The essence of this, the governor said, was to ensure a free flow of vehicular traffic within the state capital, Owerri and other major cities within the state.
He disclosed that after setting up the mobile court, street traders including those setting up shops in unapproved places within the state capital, would be arrested and hounded to prison.
Okorocha also told the people of the state that within the three time frame, the committee on drainages would ensure that all drains within the state capital and other parts of the state would be cleaned by residents of the particular streets.
As a result of this, the governor pronounced that environmental sanitation would now be held two times a month and that any street where drains are found dirty, its residents would pay penalty for it.
He also directed that every shop owner or house owner in the state will be expected to cast its frontage with stones and cement to look neat and that failure to do that would that by any shop or house owner, the committee would seal such defaulting shops and houses pending when they pay penalty and do the needful.
Other committees, according to the governor’s terms of reference, will get the list of unemployed graduates and under graduates from each community with a view to planning for their jobs among other references.
Harder Times Await Imo As Okorocha Inaugurates Taskforce Teams… Borehole Owners, Street Traders To Pay N100,000, N30,000

Someone sent this to me..how true is it?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 8:27am On Sep 10, 2015
Pchidexy:
I'm digressing a bit: Why do other Igbos especially some of our brothers from Anambra n Enugu States like painting us in a bad light. Take for instance, the issue of bride price. They have succeeded in making it seem like Imo state has the highest pride price in Nigeria. They are seriously painting our girls as promiscuous. I look and I ask why? What do you think is the cos of this? For me I think it is arrogance and disrespect for other people's culture which has been the bane of Igbos in this country. Unnecessary chest beating! Pls I need mature opinion and not unnecessary bashing. @Abagworo,Millionaire man,Asha,et al
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 10, 2015
abagworo I wud like to meet u in person...
would that be possible.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ok, going through OwErri, I noticed the installation and testing of street lights which is commendable but I will like to know the essence of putting traffic lights in intersections that already have roundabouts because I know that both signalisation and rotary intersection are to serve as traffic control and improvement measures. Now the traffic brewing up in Orlu road junction, Wetheral junction no be small oh
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 2:09pm On Sep 10, 2015
People get the type of leaders they want.

Does it mean that people of Imo state do not understand the importance of TREATED Pipe-borne water to the public?

For Gosh sake, treated water supply to the citizens of Imo state should come first from the government before its boulevards/roads, hotels, city schools, Ikemba, Freedom squares, flyovers, ecumenical centre, city library and the other lots of buildings the government is doing in the city.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
A worker deserves his wages so i dont understand this one IMSG CoS has been 'disturbing' us on Orient FM about the payment of salary arrears of Civil servants, LG workers, Youths must work, Imo civil guard etc as if its a dividend of democracy! I wont be surprised to see a psycophant buying a newspaper space in the future hailing Rochas for paying salary arrears
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:10pm On Sep 10, 2015
UnknownT:
A worker deserves his wages so i dont understand this one IMSG CoS has been 'disturbing' us on Orient FM about the payment of salary arrears of Civil servants, LG workers, Youths must work, Imo civil guard etc as if its a dividend of democracy! I wont be surprised to see a psycophant buying a newspaper space in the future hailing Rochas for paying salary arrears
lol maybe he is doing it so that those workers would give the govt some respite..but I agree with you.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:57am On Sep 11, 2015
UnknownT:
UnknownT:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/leaders-and-shameless-lies/

Try and read the last 3 or 4 paragraphs
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
Quater 2 aviation statistics is out.

The only airports to record positive year on year growth were Katsina, increasing by 668 passengers or 319.62%, Owerri, which increased by 9,243 passengers or 11.12% and Yola, increasing by 1,121 passengers or 3.09%.

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/pages/download/316

Earlier on in the last quater of 2014 when Owerri Airport overtook Kano to become the 4th busiest Airport in Nigeria, a lot of people ascribed it to Christmas movement but when in 1st quater of 2015 same thing repeated, they ascribed same to spill over of Christmas but now quater 2 of 2015 is out and Owerri is the only mega Airport that experienced further growth. It means more people are visiting Owerri and the city is booming. Statistics like these are difficult to manipulate and is therefore a credible indicator. As recently as 2011, Owerri Airport was not in the top 10.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
Saw these pictures of Okorocha with delegates from Imo alongside his Abia and Akwa Ibom counterparts. I love the way they relate even amidst political party difference. That is how it should be. Igbos should love one another and combine to bring development to Igboland and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
lygn19:
abagworo I wud like to meet u in person... would that be possible.
Very possible if you are in Port Harcourt.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
I can see the closeness between Rochas and Ikpeazu. Is Ikpeazu dumping PDP soon? Just my thoughts sha.

Anyway,I am tired of Rochas and his show of charade. We need something on ground and not traveling to turkey with 100people for God knows what.

*sighs*

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
millionaireman:
People get the type of leaders they want.

Does it mean that people of Imo state do not understand the importance of TREATED Pipe-borne water to the public?

For Gosh sake, treated water supply to the citizens of Imo state should come first from the government before its boulevards/roads, hotels, city schools, Ikemba, Freedom squares, flyovers, ecumenical centre, city library and the other lots of buildings the government is doing in the city.

Many of the things you write are important to bring to government's notice. I assume you live in the village and you are aware of the CGC. Make your idea known to your youth president so that your community can demand for water as there preference. Most of us take water for granted because borehole is cheap and bottle water is affordable.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
Abagworo:
Quater 2 aviation statistics is out.

The only airports to record positive year on year growth were Katsina, increasing by 668 passengers or 319.62%, Owerri, which increased by 9,243 passengers or 11.12% and Yola, increasing by 1,121 passengers or 3.09%.

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/pages/download/316

Earlier on in the last quater of 2014 when Owerri Airport overtook Kano to become the 4th busiest Airport in Nigeria, a lot of people ascribed it to Christmas movement but when in 1st quater of 2015 same thing repeated, they ascribed same to spill over of Christmas but now quater 2 of 2015 is out and Owerri is the only mega Airport that experienced further growth. It means more people are visiting Owerri and the city is booming. Statistics like these are difficult to manipulate and is therefore a credible indicator. As recently as 2011, Owerri Airport was not in the top 10.
that's good
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 7:27am On Sep 12, 2015
The Phones and Allied Product Dealers Association (PAPDA), Computer Village Business People in Ikeja, Lagos, have purchased a total of 2500 shops at the Heartland Gateway International Market under construction in Mgbidi, Imo State.
The signing of the purchase agreement was done recently at the office of M.I. Okoro & Associates, the marketing firm to the project, in Ikoyi, Lagos State.

Present at the signing were the President, Phones & Allied Products Dealers Association (PAPDA), Chief Godfrey Iyke Nwosu; the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Graceland Channels Ltd, the developers, Pastor Nat Omoruyi; Special Assistant to the Governor of Imo State and Liaison Officer in Lagos, Mr. Alfred O. Ononugbo; and the Principal Consultant M.I. Okoro & Associates, Dr. M.I. Okoro; President, Imo State Town Union, Lagos, Pastor Okey Anorue; Lawyers, among others.
By this, the Computer Village Business People, Ikeja, have shown interest in the re-energizing of Imo state economic activities in Eastern Nigeria.

The re-energizing of Imo state economic activities is to be achieved through the development of 10,000 lock up shops, warehouses, housing estates and other facilities.

Mr. Ononugbo, who represented Governor Rochas Okorocha advised the business people to have “an integrity-driven market. If our people buy a product for N30,000 then give them a product that is worth N30,000.”

He urged other business people to take advantage of the market and stake their claim, saying the government was prepared to give them incentives like tax rebate to enable them function properly.

He assured them of security and that the governor was keen on getting the market and other business components in the state on track. “It will be regrettable for anyone to place politics with the destiny of the Igbo Race.”

The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Graceland Channels Ltd, the developers, Pastor Nat Omoruyi said the market is open to people from everywhere in the country and beyond.

Omoruyi said the site was being cleared and that some pillars have been erected at the market.

The Imo State Government in its rescue mission initiative and vanguard for a One Mega City State, has engage Graceland Channels Limited to Design and Develop a Commercial City in Mgbidi to serve as the commercial nerve point of the state. Mgbidi is strategically located, being the Gateway into Imo State (The Eastern Heartland of the Nation). It is barely 30 minutes drive from Onitsha and about 10 minutes drive to Owerri. It has a large expanse of land (covering 28.097 hectares), which the past governments of the state, with foresight, had acquired to build an International market to serve the sub region and beyond.

As first Phase for the Development of Mgbidi, Graceland Channels Limited is undertaking the Designing, Building, Developing and Management of an ultra modern market complex on the earmarked piece of land to be known as “Heartland Gateway International Market", Mgbidi –Imo State, Nigeria.

The proposed Heartland Gateway International Market is envisaged as a multi-purpose commercial and business service centre which will serve as a key business destination for Imo State in particular, Nigeria as a nation and the whole of West Africa.

It will provide an enabling environment for economic growth, job creation, tourism and recreation and thereby impact positively on the state and the entire country.

He said, “The complex is designed with space in mind and to be built at optimized cost without compromise to quality, aesthetics, safety and an eco-friendly environment.”

The Computer Village Business people urged the Imo State Government to assist them in creating other infrastructure like pipe borne water, electricity, internal road development within the Market City, building of Hospital and other municipal services that would aid the magnitude of the Market City. This would assist them to do their business effectively.

The Computer Village Business Group on their own have invited banks to partner with them by providing mortgages from their teaming population under special funding arrangement so as to finance  their initial 2500 lock up shops.

The group was delighted that other trading groups and associations were consulted to be part of the development and also to do business in the Market City.

According to Chief M.I. Okoro, the market was being built with input from prospective owners, as against the situation where shops would have been fully developed and commissioned before inviting business people to come and purchase. “Trading groups are called from inception to contribute their inputs, since they are the final users of the shops being developed.

“This approach yields better results because by inviting the Business group to participate from the start gives them a better sense of belonging and respect to their existence. That is why the Market city must succeed.

“The Government of Imo State and the Igbo Nation have commended the effort and vision of the Computer Village people for the example they have shown by partnering with Imo State government to develop Igbo land.

“The Igbo Nation, both Home and Abroad hereby call on the rest of Igbo  business groups all over Nigeria and abroad to begin to come home and develop their business in Igbo land just like the people of Israel left Egypt for the promise land noting that there can never be any place like home.

www.nairaland.com/2593524/ibo-businessmen
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOPRINCE: 11:22am On Sep 12, 2015
Pchidexy:
this comment is ridiculous cheesy
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2015
emmysoftyou:
The Phones and Allied Product Dealers Association (PAPDA), Computer Village Business People in Ikeja, Lagos, have purchased a total of 2500 shops at the Heartland Gateway International Market under construction in Mgbidi, Imo State.

The Computer Village Business people urged the Imo State Government to assist them in creating other infrastructure like pipe borne water, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Great news for Igboland.

A gigantic step in the right direction.

Wherever a specific market for specific goods are located, buyers from wherever location go there to buy.

shocked shocked shocked @Abagworo my friend,

You can see that the issue of treated pipe borne water still reverberates here.

No place is called a city if it has no treated pipe borne water.

This gigantic business enterprise being planned in Mgbidi can suffer set-back without pipe borne water supply.

If Gov. Okorocha dreams large like late Gov. Mbakwe, this is an opportunity for Okorocha to start the Orlu Regional Surface Water Supply scheme proposed by Mbakwe to supply water to most of the 12 Lgas in Orlu district, including Mgbidi.

Owerri and Okigwe districts have Mbakwe surface water supply infrastructures worth billions of Naira under their grounds, waiting for any governor to put little more to reactive - for supply of treated pipe borne water in both districts. Former Gov. Udenwa and Senator Ararume did lots of work to reactive the Okigwe district water supply scheme;

but Ohakim botched it when he assumed office as governor, as he wanted to quickly take the glory for the scheme when he got late President Yar'Adua to commission a yet to be completed water project.

Consuming untreated water from private water borehole is dangerous to health.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2015
millionaireman:

Great news for Igboland.

Wherever a specific market for specific goods are located, buyers from wherever location must go there to buy.

This gigantic business enterprise being planned in Mgbidi can suffer set-back after without pipe borne water supply.

If Gov. Okorocha dreams large like late Gov. Mbakwe, this is an opportunity for Okorocha to start the Orlu Regional Surface Water Supply scheme proposed by Mbakwe to supply water to most of the 12 Lgas in Orlu district, including Mgbidi.

Owerri and Okigwe districts have Mbakwe surface water supply infrastructures worth billions of Naira under their grounds, waiting for any governor to put little more to reactive for supply of treated pipe borne water in both districts. Udenwa and Ararume did lots of work to reactive the Okigwe district water supply scheme,

but Ohakim botched it when he assumed office as governor, as he wanted to quickly take the glory for the scheme when he got late President Yar'Adua to commission a yet to be completed water project.

must or will suffer setback?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
asha80:
must or will suffer setback?
Lol, as you were writing, I was also editing out the must.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Duru1(m): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
Beremx:
I can see the closeness between Rochas and Ikpeazu. Is Ikpeazu dumping PDP soon? Just my thoughts sha.

Anyway,I am tired of Rochas and his show of charade. We need something on ground and not traveling to turkey with 100people for God knows what.

*sighs*

You are very fickle-minded indeed and the above post showed you are one of the inhabitants of the zoo called Nigeria. Political Party affiliation does not deter any form of corporation among operatives of competing political parties.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
Duru1:

You are very fickle-minded indeed and the above post showed you are one of the inhabitants of the zoo called Nigeria . Political Party affiliation does not deter any form of corporation among operatives of competing political parties.
ok
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Duru1(m): 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2015
UnknownT:
Ok, going through OwErri, I noticed the installation and testing of street lights which is commendable but I will like to know the essence of putting traffic lights in intersections that already have roundabouts because I know that both signalisation and rotary intersection are to serve as traffic control and improvement measures. Now the traffic brewing up in Orlu road junction, Wetheral junction no be small oh

Per the bolded, you are spot on however the people must learn to yield to vehicles on the left or already in the circle. One of the major problems in Nigeria is the attitude of the masses. Nigerians do not understand simple courtesy to fellow road user and do not know essence to yield the right of way to another driver. Nigeria is not referred as zoo for nothing. Even the dumbass Mallam Rochas Okorocha is citing round-about on a trunk A roads.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Duru1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
Beremx:
ok

Good to know you okayed the post!!!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2015
millionaireman:

Great news for Igboland.

Wherever a specific market for specific goods are located, buyers from wherever location go there to buy.

This gigantic business enterprise being planned in Mgbidi can suffer set-back without pipe borne water supply.

Owerri and Okigwe districts have Mbakwe surface water supply infrastructures worth billions of Naira under their grounds, waiting for any governor to put little more to reactive - for supply of treated pipe borne water in both districts. Former Gov. Udenwa and Senator Ararume did lots of work to reactive the Okigwe district water supply scheme;

I posted that news long ago on this thread but because you don't like reading any good news from me, you couldn't see it. Go back and read my post. You are closer home and should participate in choosing for your community. I am not related to Imo Government in any way. Your message is meant to be for Government and nit for Nairaland "few pics from Imo State".
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
Duru1:

Per the bolded, you are spot on however the people must learn to yield to vehicles on the left or already in the circle. One of the major problems in Nigeria is the attitude of the masses. Nigerians do not understand simple courtesy to fellow road user and do not know essence to yield the right of way to another driver. Nigeria is not referred as zoo for nothing. Even the dumbass Mallam Rochas Okorocha is citing round-about on a trunk A roads.

It brings more safety to motorists to site roundabouts at MAJOR INTERSECTIONS on a trunk road. It is done wherever the money is available.

Issue is that Gov. Okorocha is having an undue consideration to providing infrastructure in Owerri at the expense of providing infrastructure in other areas of Imo state.

Traffic lights are also placed on roundabouts to guarantee that drivers give precedence to whoever deserves it.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
Duru1:

Good to know you okayed the post!!!
because I am not in the mood to start an argument with you
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
Abagworo:

I posted that news long ago on this thread but because you don't like reading any good news from me, you couldn't see it. Go back and read my post. You are closer home and should participate in choosing for your community. I am not related to Imo Government in any way. Your message is meant to be for Government and nit for Nairaland "few pics from Imo State".

You know pretty well that except a few of Gov.Okorocha's henchmen, the rest of the people of Imo state do not have any means of contact with Rochas Okorocha.

Asking one to go table comments with Okorocha's Community Government what? It is like taking one for a long ride.

By the way, I come on this thread to interact with others over what we believe our Imo state ought to be.
Do Okorocha and his henchmen read what others write about their government? Most unlikely.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
Duru1:

Most road users didnt learn driving in driving schools (myself included), it was in my Rotary Intersection Design class that my lecturer told us about given the right of way to vehicles on the left in a rotary intersection. With the traffic signal, Owerri road users will feel the impact of the unnecessary rotary intersections in the road

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.