Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2407527 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by lady2sexy(f): 2:06pm On Mar 18, 2018
IMO Amakamma nu!!!

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cjrane: 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2018
They should learn to plant trees and flowers in along all major roads Owerri!
Roads are good to expand, just as it is imperative to ensure trees and flowers are also planted to give the proper ambiance.

Owerri used to be the garden city with so much trees and flowers along median and both sides of major roads.

I completely oppose the practice of cementing the median of roads. But if it must be done, then both sides of those roads must have trees planted. Building roads without proper trees and vegetation cover makes the whole place look like Sudan.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
cjrane:
They should learn to plant trees and flowers in along all major roads Owerri!
Roads are good to expand, just as it is imperative to ensure trees and flowers are also planted to give the proper ambiance.

Owerri used to be the garden city with so much trees and flowers along median and both sides of major roads.

I completely oppose the practice of cementing the median of roads. But if it must be done, then both sides of those roads must have trees planted. Building roads without proper trees and vegetation cover makes the whole place look like Sudan.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

This is Okigwe not Owerri and I hope and pray the people will understand the importance of planting trees.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 22, 2018
Emporium mall by bestway coming up in New Owerri district close to Concord hotel

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 22, 2018
Ke abughi, chere kambia,
Seems owerri is becoming a beehive for proliferation of malls, and real estate is booming, that is nice.

Mana Umu nnem obi arimu mma atall, machaaaa

Any chance of seeing the egbema gas fired power plant becoming functional?

Have the foreign partners of egbema industrial Park quietly eloped with their briefcases?

When will motorists begin to use the orji flyover?

Any update on the cargo terminal of Sam mbakwe international airport?

Have the south African investors absconded?

What incentives and mechanism in the ease of doing business have the government put in place to attract local investment along the onitsha - owerri axis?

Why is accountability and transparency in Bureaucracy and government expenditures in the whole of South East a herculean task, everything is like the more you look, the less you see? Everygaddam thing is shrouded in secrecy and clandestinely done.

There aint no reputation whatsoever for a justified bidding process, the government just use its proxy companies and carries out haphazard construction works, they ain't sustainable, they ain't durable, unmitigated wastages to the detriment of the masses.

Zero or little plans of productive Ventures for the teaming youths,

This ish got to end with this government.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 5:53pm On Mar 22, 2018
Abagworo:
Obiano and security. Chino!

This happened in Imo state where Imolites were slaughtered and burnt by the invading herdsmen due to high insecurity in the cursed worthless IMO STATE. Okoroawusa has failed Imolites.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by lmo1stson: 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
Owerri is now an insecure dungeon where people are gunned down everyday. Meanwhile there's a governor in this useless state of ours.

It's a very sad moment for the family and friends of a 400 level undergraduate student of the department of Banking and Finance, Imo State University - after she was shot dead by unknown assailants. According to reports, the deceased identified as Miss. Ibeh Kelechi Assumpta a.k.a KC who is expected to graduate in August - was shot dead on her birthday on Wednesday, 21st March (yesterday) by unknown gunmen...

It was revealed that her family whom she lived with before the untimely death - were devastated and heartbroken at the Douglas Owerri scene Wednesday evening where the tragedy occurred over yet to be disclosed issue.

According to the brother of the late student who confirmed the tragedy "She was suppose to graduate this year, someone picked a gun, pointed at her, pulled the trigger, she fell in the pool of her blood".

Confirming the sad news also, the departmental president Cmrd Victor Adiele issued an official statement to Imsu Info-media scope where he expressed bitterness and shock over the sudden demise. The notification reads;

"It's a black Thursday for entire students of banking and finance." "With tears of agony, bitterness, the entire students of NABAFS mourn the death of their beloved colleague, course mate, friend, sister Ibeh Kelechi Assumpta (Kay cee) , a 400 level student, soon to be graduate by August, who was shot dead yesterday 21st March by unknown"

"Yesterday happens to be her 23rd birthday celebration. So unfortunately she weren't able to celebrate her day to d end."

"On behalf of the entire students of NABAFS, Comr.Adiele Victor (PRESIDENT)." He concluded.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/imsu-final-year-student-shot-dead-gunmen-birthday-photos.html

https://www.nairaland.com/4413298/imsu-final-year-student-shot

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 7:37am On Mar 23, 2018
The hateful pig has come out again. Ewu gambia.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 7:48am On Mar 23, 2018
Incredibleme:
.i and my useless father shall die in our sleep.

Ok oo

If you insist.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:58am On Mar 24, 2018
Westgate Mall loading.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by iamhorny(m): 11:18am On Mar 24, 2018
Abagworo:
Westgate Mall loading.
is it indigenous or an affiliate of westgate in Kenya?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2018
Abagworo:
Westgate Mall loading.
Imo state dnt need this.
tell your governor to initiate industries

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 12:12pm On Mar 24, 2018
Ttipsy:
Imo state dnt need this.

Kindly take a walk off the thread. Imo State needs every positive business that will boast the state's economy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2018
iamhorny:
is it indigenous or an affiliate of westgate in Kenya?

Is Westgate Kenyan owned? I thought it was American.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by iamhorny(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2018
Abagworo:

Is Westgate Kenyan owned? I thought it was American.
I really dont know who owns it, but I know there is a westgate mall in Nairobi kenya.
Again is it affiliated to it or is it indigenous ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by iamhorny(m): 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2018
Ttipsy:
Imo state dnt need this.
it is not the governor that initiates ventures like this...it is the private owner that decides what to put his money to after doing feasibility and viability studies....yes Owerri is a growing relaxation city and also has it as its comparative advantage, hence i dont see anything wrong with investors maximising it to the fullest with the establishment of more service delivery establishments...no matter what, people will be employed, a contractor was employed, somebody sold the cement, a carpenter was employed, a tiler was also employed and the list is endless....so no matter how you see it, employment was created and is still being created by the venture. Whether it is a mall, hotel, filling station, zoo, amusemnet park, eatery etc.

Does dubai have industries? All our cities dont have to be industrial cities. Same way everybody cant be doctors or engineers or teachers etc. If relaxation and recreation is owerri's niche, then let it be.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2018
Abagworo:
Westgate Mall loading.

Uncle, where did you get the picture from?

I suppose it's not in Owerri.

Please what's the status of the centenary towers?

You have been dodging the question in the penultimate paragraph.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
Ttipsy:
Imo state dnt need this.
oga u no get mouth? U know sey Na testimony him dey share?
And to me na good thing na at least Na part of investment to create jobs.

So If they like they should build 1000mall in owerri. All na investment.

Every individual thinks of what will fetch him or her profit.
So stop distracting the young man.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2018
Abagworo:
Westgate Mall loading.
where is this mall located in Owerri
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AKswift: 2:46am On Mar 25, 2018
Abagworo:
Westgate Mall loading.

Where is this mall located in Owerri?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dremca(m): 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2018
My people! My people!!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2018
Imo international market at Egbeada in Mbaitoli LGA is getting ripe to be the most decent market of its size. This market was conceived and built by Okorocha on a large expanse of land previously an erosion site and refuse dump.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:50pm On Mar 26, 2018
More from Egbeada market.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:52pm On Mar 26, 2018
New simple model bus stops

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
Another highrise hotel loading

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by iamhorny(m): 8:09am On Mar 27, 2018
Abagworo, where is westgate mall located....you have not answered the question.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by iamhorny(m): 8:18am On Mar 27, 2018
Abagworo:
Another highrise hotel loading

Nice, but where is it located?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 8:56am On Mar 27, 2018
At this point, if hospitality and tourism is the future of owerri, I'm cool with it. What we should be working on now is looking to erect a more structured and organized economic system for the state. Those coming into the industry newly should be screened to ensure standard and prestige. Enough of the 3 stars and 4 stars typical Nigerian hotels we keep erecting. Let's go World Standard.

Who's with me.
Hotel business shouldn't be a one man business anymore. It should be business for conglomerates.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:03pm On Mar 27, 2018
iamhorny:
Abagworo, where is westgate mall located....you have not answered the question.

iamhorny:

Nice, but where is it located?

Owerri
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:07pm On Mar 27, 2018
Incredibleme:
At this point, if hospitality and tourism is the future of owerri, I'm cool with it. What we should be working on now is looking to erect a more structured and organized economic system for the state. Those coming into the industry newly should be screened to ensure standard and prestige. Enough of the 3 stars and 4 stars typical Nigerian hotels we keep erecting. Let's go World Standard.

Who's with me.
Hotel business shouldn't be a one man business anymore. It should be business for conglomerates.

I'm with you but with reservations. If we set too high a standard then the big players will consume the small ones. Already there is Protea, Golden Tulip and Hilton in Owerri which are top brands but theirs are not 5 star.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by iamhorny(m): 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2018
Abagworo:

Owerri

Thanks for the reply...I obviously can guess they are in Owerri. The question is where in Owerri are they located.....
Like the market you posted located in Egbeada, we do like to know where in owerri is westgate mall and the multi storey hotel located.. Thanks once more.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AKswift: 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2018
iamhorny:

Thanks for the reply...I obviously can guess they are in Owerri. The question is where in Owerri are they located.....
Like the market you posted located in Egbeada, we do like to know where in owerri is westgate mall and the multi storey hotel located.. Thanks once more.

There is no WestGate Mall in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.