Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2408383 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 8:45pm On Apr 03, 2018

Are there any Linguistic,dialectical or cultural differences between Owerri,Ideato and Orlu? For example , how can you tell that an individual is from Orlu,Ideato or Owerri? are there physical characteristics peculiar to each groups ?

The cultural and linguistic differences between Owerri and Orlu/Ideato are too many to be enumerated here.

The peculiar character of Owerri is being content with having Owerri as only modern town in Imo state.

Owerri found a ready tool, an accomplice in Rochas Okorocha driven by old grudge to punish Orlu.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by macjive01: 10:00pm On Apr 03, 2018
discusant:

The cultural and linguistic differences between Owerri and Orlu/Ideato are too many to be enumerated here.

The peculiar character of Owerri is being content with having Owerri as only modern town in Imo state.

Owerri found a ready tool, an accomplice in Rochas Okorocha driven by old grudge to punish Orlu.

Stop with this divisive narrative.

you gave example with Anambra and Delta, in these two states the non-state capital city had been a major city before the creation of the state.

There are many more one city states in the country than duo or more.
within SE/SS
Akwaibom - Uyo
Enugu - Enugu
Cross River - Calabar
Bayelsa - Yeneogua
Rivers - Port Harcourt
Edo - Benin

Its well known in our culture to pool resource to train the kid with best potential- mostly the first son , in hope he will make it and pull the rest of the siblings.

If Only Rochas could plan his development. have a detailed 5 years Plan and stick with it,

However, in asmuch as i am a proponent of channel majority of fund to build a reputation city we all can be proud of .
i think same time other towns can be open up as well within breaking the bank.
Creating new roads- tarred or untarred
Aquiring land just outside currently city limit from owners and loaning it to developers to build and sell on.

Focusing on main artery to the state capital.

empower LGA to carry out simply patching and filling to make roads in their LGA motorable.

Creating state wide transport link. with bus stops and effective transport management system.

Awarding 100 million to each LGA = x 27 = 2.7Billion, to
. Redeisgn and modernize each LGA city center with big walkways ( big; is essential as when there is funds to lay water pipe, internet etc , there would be a ready right of way fo it )
. Create 4 parks each in each LGA.
. Aquire Land for "Local" shopping mall to be built by investors.
. Each LGA should set out a industrial area for investors to set up industries- whatever is it. Having the ready land for investors help encourage and attract investment .
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 2:14am On Apr 04, 2018
macjive01:

Stop with this divisive narrative.

you gave example with Anambra and Delta, in these two states the non-state capital city had been a major city before the creation of the state.

There are many more one city states in the country than duo or more.
within SE/SS
Akwaibom - Uyo
Enugu - Enugu
Cross River - Calabar
Bayelsa - Yeneogua
Rivers - Port Harcourt
Edo - Benin

Its well known in our culture to pool resource to train the kid with best potential- mostly the first son , in hope he will make it and pull the rest of the siblings.

If Only Rochas could plan his development. have a detailed 5 years Plan and stick with it,

However, in asmuch as i am a proponent of channel majority of fund to build a reputation city we all can be proud of .
i think same time other towns can be open up as well within breaking the bank.
Creating new roads- tarred or untarred
Aquiring land just outside currently city limit from owners and loaning it to developers to build and sell on.

Focusing on main artery to the state capital.

empower LGA to carry out simply patching and filling to make roads in their LGA motorable.

Creating state wide transport link. with bus stops and effective transport management system.

Awarding 100 million to each LGA = x 27 = 2.7Billion, to
. Redeisgn and modernize each LGA city center with big walkways ( big; is essential as when there is funds to lay water pipe, internet etc , there would be a ready right of way fo it )
. Create 4 parks each in each LGA.
. Aquire Land for "Local" shopping mall to be built by investors.
. Each LGA should set out a industrial area for investors to set up industries- whatever is it. Having the ready land for investors help encourage and attract investment .

A most divisive person is any one who out of ignorance of history maintains that IMSG must concentrate on building a City of Owerri, while different cities like Okigwe and Orlu wait, or perhaps, accorded trivial attention - as it has been in the last seven years.

My knowledge of Economics tells me that as Owerri grows, there must be increasing need for funds of IMSG to match with the expansion needs of Owerri.

Under these circumstances, there can be no more funds to even asphalt roads in Orlu and Okigwe and other places. These towns nay even go extinct because of Owerri. Wicked.

Can you face an indigene of Orlu, Oguta or Okigwe and tell him that his once growing City can be left to go into extinction because you want only Owerri to be the only modern place in Imo state?

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 4:42am On Apr 04, 2018
cascarino:
What an insult!
It will take Orlu more than five decades to meet up with Ideato nation when it comes to politics and business even education assuming Ideato remains static.

I've been observing how you're busy derailing this beautiful thread with all sorts of unprintable words and unpleasant pictures because of your disdain for the incumbent government.

You've been making so many disparaging remarks about the person of the governor of Imo state because of sheer resentment. That doesn't bother me but what I will not tolerate is dragging the peace loving people of Ideato into this your madness.

Rochas built roads at Owerri you criticize. He built a university and hotel at Idea to you're not happy. He is building a mini stadium at Okigwe you still are complaining.

To you every development in the state and the money for capital projects should be concentrated at Orlu. Only then will the government be considered to be a success by your own standard.

Talk about clannishness!

the guy you are quoting is not even from Imo state talk more of coming from Orlu. His mission is to cause division among the people of Orlu zone using Orlu as the case study.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 9:27am On Apr 04, 2018
discusant:

It's like a man from Abuja insulting people from Owerri, telling them to Shorup and let the president of Nigeria build us Abuja as a heritage for every Nigerian, before Owerri can be accorded attention..

Owerri is NEVER a collective heritage of all Imo citizens, Tufiakwa. Owerri is a collective heritage of indigenes of Owerri.

If I go to Owerri as an Imo citizen, I must pay rent to an Owerri land owner. Same for every Imo state citizen not indigenous to Owerri. The Owerri land owner gets richer than land owners outside Owerri.

If you are not from Owerri and your village has no means of urbanization and modernity even in the next century, allow other once developing towns in Imo state to see modernity, not Owerri alone.

In 1967, there were hardly any differences in levels of urbanisation between Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe.

No saner man from Orlu or Okigwe will ever accept another people's City as his her heritage.

Let your Owerri develop, but don't use the federal allocations meant for Orlu's development to develop Owerri.

In that case, let the resources meant for Imo state be shared for the whole state, let all local government like, onuimo, ohaji-egbema, ngor-okpaala, get equal attention like owerri, orlu and okigwe, let the state govt share equally the meager sum we get from Fed Allocation.
Maybe then we would all be satisfied, since owerri is not ur heritage.

This illogical and clannish behavior of igbo people is what has made us a laughing stock in Nigeria.

Like I said earlier, No local government should be over looked but owerri should be our main focus and point of attraction for foreigners and investments to Imo state, and orlu, okigwe, oguta and other smaller towns should get attention in a lesser fashion (i do not mean no attention at all) in that order.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 10:59am On Apr 04, 2018
Incredibleme:

In that case, let the resources meant for Imo state be shared for the whole state, let all local government like, onuimo, ohaji-egbema, ngor-okpaala, get equal attention like owerri, orlu and okigwe, let the state govt share equally the meager sum we get from Fed Allocation.

This illogical and clannish behavior of igbo people is what has made us a laughing stock in Nigeria.

Like I said earlier, No local government should be over looked but owerri should be our main focus and point of attraction for foreigners and investments to Imo state, and orlu, okigwe, oguta and other smaller towns should get attention in a lesser fashion (i do not mean no attention at all) in that order.

I'm shocked you have the time to reply to his rants. I made it abundantly clear to him that he should channel his resentment to the appropriate person, the state governor, via official online platform. But he keeps derailing his thread.

Again, neither Rochas Okorocha nor his aides reads this thread, so I don't know why any rational person should be complaining here, knowing full well that this is the wrongest platform to channel his grievances. Someone is complaining about Okorocha who has only one year in office.

That said, if you keep responding to his messages, you keep encouraging him to stay on the path of derailing the topic here. Argue with him all you want, but something I will guarantee you is that you can never stop him from nagging. Yes, you read that right!

Unless you are his type of person or even worse grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 11:38am On Apr 04, 2018
SoNature:

I'm shocked you have the time to reply to his rants. I made it abundantly clear to him that he should channel his resentment to the appropriate person, the state governor, via official online platform. But he keeps derailing his thread.

Again, neither Rochas Okorocha nor his aides reads this thread, so I don't know why any rational person should be complaining here, knowing full well that this is the wrongest platform to channel his grievances. Someone is complaining about Okorocha who has only one year in office.

That said, if you keep responding to his messages, you keep encouraging him to stay on the path of derailing the topic here. Argue with him all you want, but something I will guarantee you is that you can never stop him from nagging. Yes, you read that right!

I do not wish to speak about the matter any longer. If the dude continues to nag, suits himself.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NonsoWow: 11:49am On Apr 04, 2018
Even the Owerri that Abagworo is boasting about has nothing but hotels to service the booming prostitute industry thriving there.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by GEJman: 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2018
look at your reply....Later you will claim you attended higher institution cos your reasoning is MYOPIC...Listen slowpoke, Imo state has Industrial estate right? the advantages of citing his company in an industrial estate far outweighs building it in his ancestral home..

Abagworo:

He sited it there to bring development to his ancestral home and employ his people. The real "money miss road" are those who site theirs in Lagos.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2018
GEJman:
look at your reply....Later you will claim you attended higher institution cos your reasoning is MYOPIC...Listen slowpoke, Imo state has Industrial estate right? the advantages of citing his company in an industrial estate far outweighs building it in his ancestral home..

The industrial estate was distributed to civil servants and top government officials in 1970s and 1980s which they have not developed till now but selling at exorbitant price to the real industrialists. Okorocha has given them notice to either build the industries they were alloted the lands or lose same to real investors. As usual it has been politicized like other good programs.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 4:39pm On Apr 04, 2018
Incredibleme:

Industries make a Mega CITY. How many industries have you attracted to Owerri?

You have just told us to accept IMSG to focus on developing Owerri -- with the federal allocations of the lgas of Imo state.
You must defend your stance and also defend gov. Rochas Okorocha, your accomplice in "focus on Owerri.".

But can't you figure out why Rochas Okorocha is focusing on Owerri?

If Okorocha had built his Ikemba Ojukwu Square in Ahiara Mbaise where it should have had historical significance and create tourism,

if some other public institutions Okorocha concentrates in Owerri had been built elsewhere in Imo state outside Owerri, that can't stop Owerri from becoming a Mega City if industries are attracted to Owerri.

You feign ignorance of the provisions of Nigeria's constitution that demarcated Imo state into three senatorial districts and 27 lgas. Purpose? For governments at all levels to pursue uniform development of all parts of the state.

The feds do not ask the state governors to collect the lga allocations to develop the state capital.

You cause bad blood and division in Imo state as you maintain that federal allocations to the local government areas, allocations meant to fill pot holes, asphalt roads, build culverts, markets, etc in Ohaji/Egbema, Onuimo, Ideato N/S, Orlu, Isiala Mbano, and rest of Imo state lgas, be invested in building Owerri Mega City. Wicked.

Those who perpetuate this wickedness, those who enjoy this have been generating bad blood in Imo state. That's what has been going on in the last seven years.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2018
SoNature:

I now avoid mention of Orlu as much as possible, in order to calm your nerves.
You appear to be allergic to the name Orlu.

If you think anyone is drawing Okorocha and his team's attention here, you must be a stranger to the modus operandi of Okorocha's government.

Does Okorocha or his team read what people write about the government?

Orlu elders marched to Okorocha in Owerri last year and asked him to treat Orlu deservedly.

Okorocha's reply was the elders should come to claim Owerri as their own.

Orlu steps up ( 'rants' according to you), in order that Okorocha does not succeed himself.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:57pm On Apr 04, 2018
https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/02/okorocha-unveils-plan-take-vacant-land/

February 2, 2018
By

Steve Uzoechi
Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has said his administration was set to revoke certificate of occupancy of vacant and unused land especially within and around the state’s Industrial layout. He said the state would no longer allow endless land acquisition by individuals at the industrial layout without developing them but dispose them at exorbitant prices.

The governor, who made the disclosure when members of the Owerri Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture visited him at the Government House, Owerri yesterday, said that he had also given directive that all the link roads to Onitsha Road Industrial Layout and Industrial Park be rehabilitated immediately including the one linking World Bank Estate and Onitsha road. He said: “My dream and vision now is to address the issue of manufacturers in Imo State as the state is now ready for manufacturing and industrialization.

Owerri is now the fastest growing city in Nigeria comparable to Lagos and Abuja. Real Estate is growing geometrically but my concern is that the manufacturing sector is not moving in the same speed. “We have now come out with a clear policy that we must encourage genuine manufacturers, those who create jobs and not suppliers or dealers on products.

We are talking about those that take raw materials and put them into finished goods creating chains of opportunities for distribution, manufacturing and consumption. “I have equally ordered that all unutilized sites of manufacturing at the Onitsha road industrial area be revoked, the fences and gate houses cleared for serious manufacturing companies to come and take over. Most owners of lands there are not manufacturers, they simply used the opportunity to grab lands and keep them there for sale.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2018
The TRUE governor of Imo state, late Sam Mbakwe, acquired lands in Owerri, Orlu, Okigwe, Umuahia for industrial layouts.

The industrial lands in Orlu and Okigwe are still intact today.

But the self-serving governor, Rochas Okorocha, has all the time been about Owerri industrial layout. What goes on outside Owerri is none of his business.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by longayink: 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2018
Fucccck all these build Owerri first.
Terrorism is caused when one group insists everything good must belong to its group.

Imo State Fire Service Orlu. (1st picture) LindaIkeji blog brought this open last year.

Worse, since 2012, this road beside the fire service was started and abandoned; road closes access and exit to the fire service station.

A state governor with clear conscience wouldn't allow that.
Whatever the population of the state capital, Orlu lga has more than half of that.

Fcccuck you with your build Owerri first.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:31am On Apr 05, 2018
SoNature:

the guy is not from Imo state, I know him full well. I like your comment. But have it in mind that what the guy is doing is politically motivated as your comment ironically explained it. To me, Rochas has done well in Orlu and environs.

If he's truly serious let him write to the govt directly or better still buy a column in one of our national dailies and make his complain.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2018
B2mario:

the guy is not from Imo state, I know him full well. I like your comment. But have it in mind that what the guy is doing is politically motivated as your comment ironically explained it. To me, Rochas has done well in Orlu and environs.

If he's truly serious let him write to the govt directly or better still buy a column in one of our national dailies and make his complain.

I have always ignored you, an Okorocha court jester, sycophant.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:51pm On Apr 05, 2018
Nwaorieubi - Ogbaku road in Mbaitoli LGA.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2018
Night view of Sam Mbakwe road built from the scratch on a former erosion and dumpsite by Okorocha.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by 6pax: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2018
Abagworo:
Night view of Sam Mbakwe road built from the scratch on a former erosion and dumpsite by Okorocha.
shocked shocked shocked you're a lier this ain't Nigeria this is tucsi city in Alabama shocked
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 7:34am On Apr 06, 2018
Useless old man, how does a progressive Anambra concern you and your useless and worthless IMO STATE.

Envious bastard, Onitsha mall has been operational and Awka mall is nearing completion. While Okoroawusa has plunged your hopeless Imo state into huge debt with nothing anywhere on ground to show for it.

Where's princess hotel orlu that Okoroawusa flagged off 8yrs ago?

Where's prince hotel he flagged off in okigwe 8yrs ago?

Imo state and it's people are cursed and that is why they don't ask questions while their state is being pillaged and bastardized.

Spare your energy for once on your pillaged and backward Imo state for once.

[s]
Abagworo:
I dismissed the man when as a sitting Governor he built the largest mall in Abuja with his State having none. The Awka and Nnewi mall have been abandoned till date while the one at Onitsha is Shoprite.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 7:43am On Apr 06, 2018
IMO STATE IS CURSED AND WORTHLESS.

If not the useless and hopeless poverty inflicted old man called abagworo should come and tell us why Imo state has been pillaged and plunged into huge debt with nothing anywhere on ground to show for it. Okoroawusa flagged off two hotels in 2012, in Orlu and Okigwe and till today it has remained abandoned, why is Imolites so useless and hopeless that they don't ask questions? WHY? Meanwhile Okoroawusa has the largest hotel in Ghana and Benin Republic. Why can't he invest the same looted Imo state funds into Imo state to boost the poverty ravaged state? Why is Imo state all about propaganda? No one is asking any pertinent question why Imo state is in a mess?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 7:52am On Apr 06, 2018
Okoroawusa looted Imo state dry but could not even build a single mall in his poverty ravaged Imo state. Though Imo state people are mostly poor people but they deserve to have something good just like other states around. What is called a mall in Owerri today is regarded as nothing more than an ordinary supermarket in the surrounding states, with poor Imolites always sitting on the floor because they are not used to such. Meanwhile Okoroawusa has the largest mall in Ghana, why couldn't he invest such loots in his poverty inflicted Imo state?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 3:58pm On Apr 08, 2018
Imo State the most peaceful and educated State in Southeast

Osun State is the most peaceful in the country, according to a report on Nigeria Peace Index (NPI).

It is closely followed by Kogi and Ekiti States, according to the report.

According to NPI, Kwara and Imo ranked as fourth and fifth respectively in the rating.

The inaugural peace index report put together by the Foundation for Peace Professionals, a research organisation that advocates for peace, adopted similar methodology of the Global Peace Index.

It also followed the pattern of the United States Peace Index and the United Kingdom Peace index in series of national indexes.

Speaking at the unveiling of the report in Abuja, the Executive Director of FPP, Abdulrazaq Hamzat, explained in attempting to rate the level of peace in Nigeria, NPI investigated the extent to which states experience social, economic, political and environmental factors that either hinder or promote peace.

He said: “We collected data for 2010 to 2016, an average of which gives us the result of Nigeria peace Index 2017.

“Five broad indicators were adopted for this index and they include the level of poverty crime rate, level of education, rate of human rights abuse and level of Incarceration.

“Key findings of the NPI showed that Osun State is the most peaceful state in Nigeria and it has greater tendency for peace based on its overall performance in the five broad indicators. While Osun didn’t come top in any of the five indicators, its overall score is the least violent.

“Osun, Kogi, Ekiti, Kwara and Imo States are five most peaceful states in Nigeria.

“Kogi is second most peaceful state in Nigeria and most peaceful in the North. Imo is the most peaceful state in South-East and fifth most peaceful in Nigeria.

“Akwa Ibom is most peaceful state in South-South, Kaduna in North-West, Kogi in North Central, Osun in South-West, Imo in South-East and Taraba State in North-East.”

The report stated that Yobe Kebbi, Bauchi, Zamfara and Sokoto were five least peaceful states in Nigeria, adding this was apart from Borno that was not considered due to insufficient data and the Boko Haram red light.

The report therefore assumed that Borno was overall least peaceful.

It said Lagos had least poverty in Nigeria while Zamfara had least crime and Imo the most education.

The NPI noted that Ekiti had least incarceration and Taraba had least human rights abuses, adding that the North-West with least education and most poverty in Nigeria was one of the two least peaceful regions in the country despite being most performing in the other three indicators.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2018
smiley
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 7:38pm On Apr 08, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
smiley

I've been looking over nairaland.com for you. You no longer campaign for your man, Sam Daddy?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
SmartPolician:

I've been looking over nairaland.com for you. You no longer campaign for your man, Sam Daddy?

Sure Bro. I just took a little break off to be fully energised for the task ahead
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 7:58pm On Apr 08, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Sure Bro. I just took a little break off to be fully energised for the task ahead

OK but I will vote for APGA, Frank Nneji tongue
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:40pm On Apr 08, 2018
SmartPolician:

OK but I will vote for APGA, Frank Nneji tongue

Don't waste your vote like Jonathanians of 2015. APC is 100% certain of winning Imo State with Uche Nwosu. Nobody or party has the support, resources and intrigues to get up to 20% votes.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:48pm On Apr 08, 2018
Abagworo:

Don't waste your vote like Jonathanians of 2015. APC is 100% certain of winning Imo State with Uche Nwosu. Nobody or party has the support, resources and intrigues to get up to 20% votes.
uche nwosu being the candidate of apc is not yet a settled matter..as for rochas pushing his son in law to be a governor and his daughter being the next first lady is very funny

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 9:36pm On Apr 08, 2018
Abagworo:

OK. Let's see how it all plays out at the polls in 2019

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:49pm On Apr 08, 2018
asha80:
uche nwosu being the candidate of apc is not yet a settled matter..as for rochas pushing his son in law to be a governor and his daughter being the next first lady is very funny

You're right about APC candidacy but going by the people playing around like Ike Ibe, Frank Nneji, Emeka Ihedioha, Ikedi Ohakim and others do you believe any can win more than one LGA in a free and fair election against Uche Nwosu? This is apart from the fact that he has added advantages to the love Imo State youths have for him. Okorocha is not the one pushing Uche but rather the youths are. Try to investigate privately to confirm and it cuts across all parts of the State.

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.