Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,381 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2408200 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2018
ruggedized1:
Which means this Adorable British College Awka can represent Africa in beauty and excellence. cheesy cheesy

It's good we have standard schools in both Ihiagwa village and Awka village.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 12:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
Abagworo:

It's good we have standard schools in both Owerri village and Awka City.

Ihiagwa is a neighbourhood in Owerri village State Capital. True or false? cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by macjive01: 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2018
Abagworo:

Everything you wrote is absolute nonsense without any sincerity. The aim is simply to belittle giant achievements which nobody can rival. The road network in Owerri is now the best in Southeast and all major roads are 8 solid lanes not 6 as you wickedly wrote. No other city has that priviledge at least for now. The smart trees which you called pillars is a failed diversionary tactics. Many cities across the world are gradually embracing smart trees which when fully completed and activated will serve several purposes including free wifi, charging of phones, direct communication between city Mayor and the people, street lighting and beautification. Owerri will have the highest concentration of smart trees in the world and it is not a bad record.

Abagworo, calm down, im not against your pay master, i still think he is the best imostate has had after Mbakwe.

Of what benefit is an 8 lane 500meter road to the development of the state , when a 4 lane could have done the job perfectly fine.

The rest the money spend on the extra 4 lane, could have gone to Orlu or Okigwe. Even within Owerri, many roads are in worse shape after Rochas reconstruction than before.

Your "SMART tree" , well smart tree and pedestrain walk way which is of more importance ? if you take up the space for walkway to erect giant pillars for yoru smart trees how then would the residences of the street move about? walk on the roads?

the decoration, in all honest is pretty , especially at nights , but it wasnt thought out , planned and risks mitigated. the design could have employed smaller bases at sections of road with tight pedetrial walkway. etc.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by macjive01: 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2018
macjive01:
The Major problem with Rochas and his development, is lack of planning.

No detailed plan before embarking on any work.

Rochas travels and sights a piece of structure, once he gets back to Owerri, he assembles his local contractor and demands the monument, feature be replicated in the state.

Now, consider the giant lamppost he is erecting aside the roads. They are so big , their bases take up most of the walk way ( pedestrian walkway)
such that people are having to now walk on the road to evade the post . Essentially , when the sideways are to be properly constructed , the pillar and maybe the post will have to go - another waste of scarce fund by Rochas.

Schools: Rochas undoubted reconstructed a few decent schools in mostly owerri, and build over 100- 300 primary school in electrol ward ( at various stages of abandonment) . Imagine if this was properly planned ?
27 Standard school could have been built. one in each local governement, with exisiting schools, given a decent facelift, paint and ceiling and roofing .

Hospital: Imagine embarking on building 27 General hospitals ? That would have produce one standard western standard hospital. Rebuilt the Univeristy teaching hospital. And the a Nursing college.

Roads: why build 6 lane roads, when many major road within the state , even owerri is still in shambles. makes absolutely no sense.

Ugly monuments- see the Aka chi, a waste of resources. abandoned, becos if was not planned. no after thought of what it would be , how to commercialize it etc.

The only point i will not take away from Rochas, would be the expansion of the state capital, which is simply done by building roads ( very very substandard roads to connect areas of the state . same could have been replicated in the other towns in the state orlu and okigwe to help spurn developement in those areas too.

to add to this,

Things Rochas are not doing.

Cleaniless,: as someone mentioned earlier, buy street sweepers, 2 will be adequate for the state capital. then one btw 2 local governement. they are not very expensive , about 25million- Innocent IVM even sells it . About N350 millions settles it.
You will be amzed how neat and glamorous Owerri and imostte will then look.

Education: the standard of education has really gone down since Rochas free education jamboree,

Pedestrial walkways : Creating this will eradicate lots of illegal store fronts and shanties by roadside, and give the state a brighter cleaner look

Transportation: seen bus stops Abawori posted,but not seen any bus plying the roads. This should have been done before banning Keke.

more to come
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2018
Fifty years from now, Owerri shall not need the 8-lanes roads of Rochas Okorocha govt..
Money wasted on one of the huge street light pillars on Owerri roads could have constructed two to three of the dilapidated streets in another town in Imo state.

Metal roof tops are also built across the boulevards in Owerri. Unimaginable.

Okorocha hired megaphones make the hard sale that Owerri is all about Imo state. Crooks in alliance.

Instead of extending urbanization and expansion to get another city or other cities in Imo state, Okorocha wastes the funds of Imo state in Owerri.

Truth: Okorocha carried ancient inter communal antagonism to Government House. He thus sees Orlu and its people as old-time enemies.

Okigwe is a mere collateral victim of Okorocha's sworn enmity against the name Orlu.

Many in Orlu now believe that Rochas must have struggled to become governor of Imo state in order to settle old scores against Orlu.
First six months in office, Okorocha dismantled the roofs of a modern sports stadium in Orlu. The seats of the stadium have decayed, the flood lights disused.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
discusant:
Fifty years from now, Owerri shall not need the 8-lanes roads of Rochas Okorocha govt..
Money wasted on one of the huge street light pillars on Owerri roads could have constructed two to three of the dilapidated streets in another town in Imo state.

Okorocha hired megaphones make the hard sale that Owerri is all about Imo state. Crooks in alliance.

Instead of extending urbanization and expansion to get another city or other cities in Imo state, Okorocha wastes the funds of Imo state in Owerri.

Truth: Okorocha carried ancient inter communal antagonism to Government House. He thus sees Orlu and its people as enemies.

Okigwe is a mere collateral victim of Okorocha's sworn enmity against the name Orlu.

Many in Orlu now believe that Rochas must have struggled to become governor of Imo state in order to settle old scores against Orlu.
First six months in office, Okorocha dismantled the roofs of a modern sports stadium in Orlu. The seats of the stadium have decayed, the flood lights disused.
But isn't Rochas from Orlu?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by WhoRUDeceiving: 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
discusant:

Truth: Okorocha carried ancient inter communal antagonism to Government House. He thus sees Orlu and its people as enemies.

The root of the problem is and was state creation. We had/have no business today talking about the useless "IMO" state and even more useless dive and conquer governors that don't know their left from right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKk6vgwj4yY
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2018
SUNST0RM:
But isn't Rochas from Orlu?

Did you read my take well?

Rochas Okorocha is not from Orlu per se. His Ogboko community is in Ideato South, in Orlu zone. A hill separates Ogboko from Orlu.
Ancient inter communal disagreements crowd the minds of Rochas Okorocha when it concerns his Ogboko and Orlu.

Ironically, nearly 1/4 of the population of Orlu urban lga are people from his Ogboko and rest of Ideato.

Most of them can't afford to rent a room in Owerri
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2018
macjive01:

Abagworo, calm down, im not against your pay master, i still think he is the best imostate has had after Mbakwe.

Of what benefit is an 8 lane 500meter road to the development of the state , when a 4 lane could have done the job perfectly fine.

The rest the money spend on the extra 4 lane, could have gone to Orlu or Okigwe. Even within Owerri, many roads are in worse shape after Rochas reconstruction than before.

Your "SMART tree" , well smart tree and pedestrain walk way which is of more importance ? if you take up the space for walkway to erect giant pillars for yoru smart trees how then would the residences of the street move about? walk on the roads?

the decoration, in all honest is pretty , especially at nights , but it wasnt thought out , planned and risks mitigated. the design could have employed smaller bases at sections of road with tight pedetrial walkway. etc.
smart trees are more important than useless pedestrian walk ways
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
discusant:

Rochas Okorocha is not from Orlu per se. His Ogboko community is in Ideato South, in Orlu zone. A hill separates Ogboko from Orlu.
Ancient inter communal disagreements crowd the minds of Rochas Okorocha when it concerns his Ogboko and Orlu.

Ironically, nearly 1/4 of the population of Orlu urban lga are people from his Ogboko and rest of Ideato.

This your lie and insult against Ogboko and Ideato all in a bid to pitch Orlu people against each other cannot work. Better carry it to your village.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:45pm On Apr 03, 2018
macjive01:

I dislike it when you try to equate me with all these media aide of politicians. I've repeated it severally that I am an independent self made billionaire of no links to Okorocha. Whatever I do here is out of love for and interest of my State, Igboland and Nigeria.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 3:01pm On Apr 03, 2018
I just hope people are only taking you as a jester. cheesy

When has poverty inflicted jobless old man equates to billionaire? Tufiaaa..if na curse let it continue following you. Nairaland resident billionaire. cheesy

Ask him to come offline for a chat at any public place of his choice, he will disappear online for one week. hehehehehe

Abagworo:

I dislike it when you try to equate me with all these media aide of politicians. I've repeated it severally that I am an independent self made billionaire of no links to Okorocha. Whatever I do here is out of love for and interest of my State, Igboland and Nigeria.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2018
Abagworo:

This your lie and insult against Ogboko and Ideato all in a bid to pitch Orlu people against each other cannot work. Better carry it to your village.

Disprove these facts if you must earn your pay from Okorocha Rochas.

Because of Okorocha's sworn enmity against Orlu due to ancient inter communal feuds:

1; Since 2012, Gov. Okorocha scrapped Old Orlu-Owerri Road starting from centre of Orlu to Y-Junction Nkwume.

2; Since 2012, Okorocha govt scrapped a road at Orlu from St. Joseph's Catholic Church leading to the International market, since 2012, only a narrow alleyway leads to the market which is the main economic life of Orlu. The market employs up to 10,000 people.

3; Since 2012, Okorocha scrapped the road from TESAC to St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Orlu.

4; Since 2011, Okorocha has refused to asphalt the 1.3km only road leading to Imo state University teaching hospital in Orlu, despite series of students protests.

5; In 2011, Okorocha dismantled a sports stadium built in Orlu by a reputable stadium construction firm. After that, the stadium seats rot away, the flood lights decayed.

6; In 2016, Okorocha looked Orlu elders in the eyes and told them to relocate to Owerri to claim the city as theirs. The elders went to Owerri to plead with Rochas to complete the road projects abandoned by Okorocha government in Orlu area.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 3:28pm On Apr 03, 2018
Abagworo,

Soon you shall post those four roads totalling 5 km at Orlu central expanded by Okorocha and now decorated with street lights. The roads are for joining the road to Okorocha's Ideato home. Even the Owerri through Orlu to Ideato road is meant to lead to Rochas Private Eastern Palm University in Ideato South.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2018
Abagworo:

No pun meant against Ideato.

Saner people from Ideato contribute to business in Orlu. No division.

But bad politics of Collins Obih from Ideato against Gov. Mbakwe made the 12 lgas of Orlu zone not benefit from the multi billion Naira regional surface water supply scheme proposed by Mbakwe. Owerri and Okigwe had theirs. Owerri and Okigwe zones still have the water infrastructures under their grounds waiting for a governor to reactivate or redesign to supply both zones pipe borne water.

Orlu mistakenly gave massive votes to another Ideato man, Rochas Okorocha. He destroyed all economic strongholds of Orlu, caused depopulation of Orlu.

Ohakim was preparing to start Orlu regional water scheme, but since Okorocha came to power, mention had not been made of the water project for Orlu.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2018
ruggedized1:

Ihiagwa is a neighbourhood in Owerri village State Capital. True or false? cheesy

Ihiagwa is a town of its own though now an urban area as a result of FUTO and proximity to Owerri. It is located about 10 to 12 km from Owerri after Naze and Nekede. It's just like Agulu and Awka or even farther.

You can read more here so that you learn about other Igbos outside your local enclave.

http://www.ihiagwa.com/people.htm
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cascarino(m): 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2018
discusant:

What an insult!
It will take Orlu more than five decades to meet up with Ideato nation when it comes to politics and business even education assuming Ideato remains static.

I've been observing how you're busy derailing this beautiful thread with all sorts of unprintable words and unpleasant pictures because of your disdain for the incumbent government.

You've been making so many disparaging remarks about the person of the governor of Imo state because of sheer resentment. That doesn't bother me but what I will not tolerate is dragging the peace loving people of Ideato into this your madness.

Rochas built roads at Owerri you criticize. He built a university and hotel at Idea to you're not happy. He is building a mini stadium at Okigwe you still are complaining.

To you every development in the state and the money for capital projects should be concentrated at Orlu. Only then will the government be considered to be a success by your own standard.

Talk about clannishness!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2018
cascarino:
What an insult!
It will take Orlu more than five decades to meet up with Ideato nation when it comes to politics and business even education assuming Ideato remains static.

I've been observing how you're busy derailing this beautiful thread with all sorts of unprintable words and unpleasant pictures because of your disdain for the incumbent government.

You've been making so many disparaging remarks about the person of the governor of Imo state because of sheer resentment. That doesn't bother me but what I will not tolerate is dragging the peace loving people of Ideato into this your madness.

Rochas built roads at Owerri you criticize. He built a university and hotel at Idea to you're not happy. He is building a mini stadium at Okigwe you still are complaining.

To you every development in the state and the money for capital projects should be concentrated at Orlu. Only then will the government be considered to be a success by your own standard.

Talk about clannishness!

When a true Ideato person speaks, it's easy to understand.

Ideato is suffering from Okorocha's government as much as Orlu is.

How many Ideato sons can go through Okorocha's Eastern Palm University?

A huge wall separates Eastern Palm University from rest of Ogboko. Even an old road through the place had been cornered out, diverting Ogboko from the university.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by computerwiz2: 4:13pm On Apr 03, 2018
apc will rule Imo state for 24yrs because they have tried in the state by at least 40%.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 4:17pm On Apr 03, 2018
Old useless man just shut up. Ihiagwa is part and parcel of Owerri town. look at it in black and white cheesy

Agulu is in a different LGA. Ihiagwa is in Owerri West Local government which forms part and parcel of the state capital called Owerri town. Is it clear to you now? cheesy

[s]
Abagworo:

Ihiagwa is a town of its own though now an urban area as a result of FUTO and proximity to Owerri. It is located about 10 to 12 km from Owerri after Naze and Nekede. It's just like Agulu and Awka or even farther.
You can read more here so that you learn about other Igbos outside your local enclave.
http://www.ihiagwa.com/people.htm
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2018
discusant:

When a true Ideato person speaks, it's easy to understand.

Ideato is suffering from Okorocha's government as much as Orlu is.

How many Ideato sons can go through Okorocha's Eastern Palm University?

A huge wall separates Eastern Palm University from rest of Ogboko. Even an old road through the place had been cornered out, diverting Ogboko from the university.
Are there any Linguistic,dialectical or cultural differences between Owerri,Ideato and Orlu? For example , how can you tell that an individual is from Orlu,Ideato or Owerri? are there physical characteristics peculiar to each groups ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 4:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
cascarino:
What an insult!

Talk about clannishness!

Nwanne, Chukwu gozhie gi. I've already classified him where I put that randy boy from Anambra. Stop replying to his messages.

He's a foolish boy. So, you don't get into fight with him. But if you do, he will bring you down to his level of folly and beat you with experience. grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2018
SoNature:

My useless hopeless father is a randy useless old fool from IMO STATE.

This is a strong statement. cool
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 5:05pm On Apr 03, 2018
cascarino:
What an insult!

Talk about clannishness!

Even Achebe the literal genius spoke about how clannish Ndiigbo are. Even if the whole owerri is moved to Orlu, the isiazu will not still be satisfied. Owerri is our state capital, a collective heritage of ndi imo, others states are struggling to build a standard and world class city to attract investments and foreigners eg, eko Atlantic City, kaduna economic city etc, and you want us to spread our little resources so thin that we begin to wonder what we have done with it?

You keep talking about a central water system, I'm born and based in lagos and I schooled in Ph city, there is no central water system in these two states, you have to wake up to reality, this is Nigeria, not run by government ever survives.

Someone in an earlier post said why would someone open a roofing factory in his village, and abagworo was against him. Look let me tell you, I'm a trained economist and economics of scale helps qyicken industrial development to a large extent, look at the hotel industry at owerri, as several hotels keep springing around that small city (new owerri), road expansion, electricity penetration, Population in-flux, and other business to service this hotel industries move in as well, look at avu and Umuguma that was once a forest before hand, there are real estate business booming because of the Hotel business there.

If we can build owerri to a stage of national and world acclaim, there is nothing holding imo state or south east in general from going further. Now I'm not saying other communities should be neglected, No. But emphasis should be made on owerri as the center of attraction, and used as a bait to attract investments in Imo. We need the population both foreign and local(organized market), investments(foreign) if we really want to see our home develop in our life time. Else in the next 40 years, we will still be talking about telling igbos to bring their investments home.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:19pm On Apr 03, 2018
ruggedized1:
Old useless man just shut up. Ihiagwa is part and parcel of Owerri town. look at it in black and white cheesy

Agulu is in a different LGA. Ihiagwa is in Owerri West Local government which forms part and parcel of the state capital called Owerri town. Is it clear to you now? cheesy

[s][/s]

Nomenclature is confusing you. Is Osisioma LGA, Ugwunagbo LGA and Obingwa LGA not part of Aba urban? Because they are not named Aba East, Aba West and Aba Central doesn't make them not to be part of the city. Owerri is not like Aba in spread and historically those towns developed independently from Owerri and this includes Orji, Egbu and Irete which are even closer to Owerri than Ihiagwa. If you include Owerri West and Owerri North as part of Owerri then the city is about same size as Port Harcourt. There is no doubt that in very near future there will be a merger of these different towns as witnessed in Port-Harcourt which has merged some independent towns into one city but until then they remain independent towns.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 5:21pm On Apr 03, 2018
SoNature:

Nwanne, Chukwu gozhie gi. I've already classified him where I put that randy boy from Anambra. Stop replying to his messages.

He's a foolish boy. So, you don't get into fight with him. But if you do, he will bring you down to his level of folly and beat you with experience. grin

Dim witted dud. You swallowed the falsehood fed you from birth that a state capital must be more developed than any other place in the same state.

Until recently when your idol Rochas Okorocha signified intention to succeed himself as governor,

I left this thread long ago, you and your fellow dimwits led by Abagworo, who believe that a state capital must consume the capital development budgets of a state, -
- all of you dimwitted have been posting Owerri 5 Inland roads, 8-lane streets, tunnels, flyovers bypass roads, demolished and reconstructed Owerri markets; roads, etc. - all these built with federal allocations that were meant for the development of the 27 lgas of Imo state. These lgas diminish, depopulated, denied infrastructure.
.google Imo state, you read nothing except Owerri

I was not here for years until your comrade Rochas Okorocha showed he wants to succeed himself to continue with his EVIL APARTHEID AND SELF AGGRANDIZING leadership.

You have seen nothing yet.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2018
Nwokem stop confusing yourself. Ihiagwa is in Owerri West Local Govt Area. In otherwords Ihiagwa is in the Owerri Capital Territory Area. No amount of twisting this fact can change anything. Even though I don't bother myself studying about Imo state territory/people but common google search is enough to teach you this.

Lemme break it down further for you; there are about 3 local governments that make up Owerri capital territory and each of those local govts has towns/communities that make them up. So Ihiagwa is one of the communities that make up the Owerri West LGA which is part and parcel of Owerri capital territory. Does it make sense to you now?

Abagworo:

Nomenclature is confusing you. Is Osisioma LGA, Ugwunagbo LGA and Obingwa LGA not part of Aba urban? Because they are not named Aba East, Aba West and Aba Central doesn't make them not to be part of the city. Owerri is not like Aba in spread and historically those towns developed independently from Owerri and this includes Orji, Egbu and Irete which are even closer to Owerri than Ihiagwa. If you include Owerri West and Owerri North as part of Owerri then the city is about same size as Port Harcourt. There is no doubt that in very near future there will be a merger of these different towns as witnessed in Port-Harcourt which has merged some independent towns into one city but until then they remain independent towns.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
Abagworo come back here now.

Here is NAZE. It is another community that makes up Owerri Capital Territory. Naze is in Owerri North LGA. While Ihiagwa is in Owerri West LGA, Naze on the other hand is in Owerri North LGA, all in the Owerri Capital Territory Area.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
ruggedized1:
Nwokem stop confusing yourself. Ihiagwa is in Owerri West Local Govt Area. In otherwords Ihiagwa is in the Owerri Capital Territory Area. No amount of twisting this fact can change anything. Even though I don't bother myself studying about Imo state territory/people but common google search is enough to teach you this.

Lemme break it down further for you; there are about 3 local governments that make up Owerri capital territory and each of those local govts has towns/communities that make them up. So Ihiagwa is one of the communities that make up the Owerri West LGA which is part and parcel of Owerri capital territory. Does it make sense to you now?

I forgive your ignorance. Some part of Mbaitoli LGA and Owerri West LGA is in Owerri urban like Umuodu Mbieri and Egbeada Ubomiri but Ihiagwa isn't. This area on the photo is partly in Mbaitoli and Owerri West.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2018
Stop posting those cheap useless houses to confuse yourself. What I am saying and it is a fact is that Naze and Ihiagwa are part and parcel of Owerri Capital Territory Area. The 2 towns are in both the LGAs that made up Owerri Capital Territory. Development may eventually get there even if it is in the next 100yrs but it does not change the fact that they are both in the Owerri Capital Territory Area.

The days of you coming online with your lies and propaganda are over. cheesy

Abagworo:

I forgive your ignorance. Some part of Mbaitoli LGA and Owerri West LGA is in Owerri urban like Umuodu Mbieri and Egbeada Ubomiri but Ihiagwa isn't. This area on the photo is partly in Mbaitoli and Owerri West.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2018
Incredibleme:

Even Achebe the literal genius spoke about how clannish Ndiigbo are. Even if the whole owerri is moved to Orlu, the isiazu will not still be satisfied. Owerri is our state capital, a collective heritage of ndi imo, others states are struggling to build a standard and world class city to attract investments and foreigners eg, eko Atlantic City, kaduna economic city etc, and you want us to spread our little resources so thin that we begin to wonder what we have done with it?

You keep talking about a central water system, I'm born and based in lagos and I schooled in Ph city, there is no central water system in these two states, you have to wake up to reality, this is Nigeria, not run by government ever survives.

Someone in an earlier post said why would someone open a roofing factory in his village, and abagworo was against him. Look let me tell you, I'm a trained economist and economics of scale helps qyicken industrial development to a large extent, look at the hotel industry at owerri, as several hotels keep springing around that small city (new owerri), road expansion, electricity penetration, Population in-flux, and other business to service this hotel industries move in as well, look at avu and Umuguma that was once a forest before hand, there are real estate business booming because of the Hotel business there.

If we can build owerri to a stage of national and world acclaim, there is nothing holding imo state or south east in general from going further. Now I'm not saying other communities should be neglected, No. But emphasis should be made on owerri as the center of attraction, and used as a bait to attract investments in Imo. We need the population both foreign and local(organized market), investments(foreign) if we really want to see our home develop in our life time. Else in the next 40 years, we will still be talking about telling igbos to bring their investments home.

It's like a man from Abuja insulting people from Owerri, telling them to Shorup and let the president of Nigeria build us Abuja as a heritage for every Nigerian, before Owerri can be accorded attention..

Owerri is NEVER a collective heritage of all Imo citizens, Tufiakwa. Owerri is a collective heritage of indigenes of Owerri.

If I go to Owerri as an Imo citizen, I must pay rent to an Owerri land owner. Same for every Imo state citizen not indigenous to Owerri. The Owerri land owner gets richer than land owners outside Owerri.

If you are not from Owerri and your village has no means of urbanization and modernity even in the next century, allow other once developing towns in Imo state to see modernity, not Owerri alone.

In 1967, there were hardly any differences in levels of urbanisation between Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe.

No saner man from Orlu or Okigwe will ever accept another people's City as his her heritage.

Let your Owerri develop, but don't use the federal allocations meant for Orlu's development to develop Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2018
BECAUSE OWERRI IS CAPITAL OF IMO STATE, YOU WANT IMO GOVERNMENT DEVELOP ONLY ONE CITY, OWERRI, TO MAKE YOU PROUD? YOU ARE MOST DISHONEST AND DISINGENUOUS ON THAT STANCE.

Most US state capital cities are not the largest cities in their respective states

Tallahassee is the state capital of Florida. Tallahassee is not 1/5 as developed or large as any of the first four main cities of the state of Florida.

Come home to Nigeria, in Delta state, you can't easily tell between Asaba and Warri which is more modern and larger than the other.
Nearly every development infrastructure seen in Asaba is in Warri.

In Anambra state, government provide for Onitsha the largest city, provide for Awka, provide for Nnewi on near equal measures.

It's only in Imo state that crooks bandy about the falsehood that a State capital is supposed to be more developed than any other place in the state.

In Imo state, the State government abandoned every corner of the state and faces development only in Owerri, the state capital.

Crooks benefiting from the process of government developing only Owerri drop the impression that it's right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.