Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2397336 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 7:52am On May 02, 2018
Ofuzo:

Look, I don't know how old you are, but I'm old enough to be somebody's grandfather ok. So, please don't come here and accuse me of lying about my area in imo state. I don't have time for childish games. I'm not even here to debate you on the choices made by okorocha on his developmental strides. I only came here to tell you to channel your anger against Okorocha somewhere else because this is the wrong medium for that. It should have been obvious to you by now that Okorocha could care less what you think about his priorities. Coming here everyday crying and wailing about lack of development in orlu doesn't seem to be yielding any results. I know you won't take my advice, but you should try somewhere else. Why don't you take the man to court if you think that his developmental priorities are ILLEGAL. Since you have not done that, I'll assume that you don't think you'll win the case. If you don't think you'll win the case, then the only option left for you is to vote him out. Why don't you concentrate on that since your public campaign on nairaland IS NOT YIELDING ANY FRUIT.

(1)
You stated earlier that [you seriously believe that gov. Rochas Okorocha is embezzling the IGR of Imo state].

FYI, since 1999, Okorocha is the only governor of Imo state no serious person has accused of embezzlement of Imo state government funds.

My grouse, and very deep grouse of many in Orlu, against Rochas Okorocha, is his colossal failure to pursue uniform development of entire Imo state.

It's illegal, foul play and unconstitutional for a state governor to use the development funds of the lgas to concentrate development infrastructures in the capital territory of the state.
Okorocha has gotten away with this illegality because of the type of legislators he filled IMHA with.

You and others like you who openly or tacitly support this Apartheid policy of Okorocha's government are FRAUDSTERS.

(2)
You say that you come from Orlu senatorial district but don't care about Okorocha's neglect of the district, including its principal town;

that you don't want to notice any beef that Orlu has with Okorocha on this thread.
My fiend, only a goat can believe your claim of coming from Orlu senatorial district.

(3)
This thread is not restricted to displaying Rochas Okorocha's edifices he builds in Owerri;

people can also ask questions about what Okorocha's government is supposed to have built, but did not build for example, in Dikenafai of Ideato South lga, in Awomamma of Oru West lga, in Ohaji of Ohaji/Egbema lga.

To crown himself as unrepentant for his lopsided development policy, with underdevelopment of Orlu as his major target, Okorocha established yet another IMSU campus in Owerri senatorial district which also hosts all the three public universities in Imo state.

There is no other state in Nigeria with this sort of concentration of development infrastructures in the state capital as is in Imo state.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 9:33am On May 02, 2018
MXrap:
Hehehehe

Now i know you are drunk and deserves our pity.

Now let me tell you for free. Obiano's 3yrs in office has surpassed Okoroawusa wasted 8yrs. I am ready to match you picture for picture. Show us one single completed project by Okorocha despite indebting the useless imo state to the tune of over 200billion. Today Imo state is among the worthless and useless states in Nigeria courtesy of Okorocha.

Okorocha is the worst governor to emerge from the SE since 1999.

[s][/s]
I don't know if you noticed, but your SCRATCHY SCRATCHY work is only scratching out copies of my original posts. My original posts is still standing FOR THE WORLD TO SEE. So, stop waisting your time. By the way, what happened to your anambra thread on nairaland. You DUMB SUCKER abandoned it and created your own omambala, which you have also abandoned. Now, you are living on ebonyi, enugu and imo threads. USELESS PHSYCOTIC SICK AND MENTALLY DERANGED ANAMBRA BOYI.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MXrap: 10:07am On May 02, 2018
Oh you are worried that I gave back your useless brother the same insult he came with and now you are crying to the mod. So you read his own message and you did not see insults? Hypocrite, continue crying to the mod. You want me to watch and clap for him for always typing rubbish. I said it, na me fit una for this forum. Whatever I am doing is working and I must not stop until you hopeless and useless Imo state people learn to stay on your lane. Worthless people. cool

SmartPolician:

90% of Nigerians don't know the meaning of "Illiterate."

They often mistake "Ignoramus" for "Illiterate"

And sadly, Chino is no exception

Chino has run out of abusive words that his venom is so easy to detect

May God bless you as you do so.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 10:25am On May 02, 2018
discusant:

(1)
You stated earlier that [you seriously believe that gov. Rochas Okorocha is embezzling the IGR of Imo state].

FYI, since 1999, Okorocha is the only governor of Imo state no serious person has accused of embezzlement of Imo state government funds.

My grouse, and very deep grouse of many in Orlu, against Rochas Okorocha, is his colossal failure to pursue uniform development of entire Imo state.

It's illegal, foul play and unconstitutional for a state governor to use the development funds of the lgas to concentrate development infrastructures in the capital territory of the state.
Okorocha has gotten away with this illegality because of the type of legislators he filled IMHA with.

You and others like you who openly or tacitly support this Apartheid policy of Okorocha's government are FRAUDSTERS.

(2)
You say that you come from Orlu senatorial district but don't care about Okorocha's neglect of the district, including its principal town;

that you don't want to notice any beef that Orlu has with Okorocha on this thread.
My fiend, only a goat can believe your claim of coming from Orlu senatorial district.

(3)
This thread is not restricted to displaying Rochas Okorocha's edifices he builds in Owerri;

people can also ask questions about what Okorocha's government is supposed to have built, but did not build for example, in Dikenafai of Ideato South lga, in Awomamma of Oru West lga, in Ohaji of Ohaji/Egbema lga.

To crown himself as unrepentant for his lopsided development policy, with underdevelopment of Orlu as his major target, Okorocha established yet another IMSU campus in Owerri senatorial district which also hosts all the three public universities in Imo state.

There is no other state in Nigeria with this sort of concentration of development infrastructures in the state capital as is in Imo state.

YOU ARE WRONG ON ALL COUNTS.
It's ok for you to come here everyday to cry and wail about okorocha's developmental priorities, it's entirely different thing altogether when you start to create your own sets of facts.
You said it's ILLEGAL, and unconstitutional to develop owerri and abandon other regions of the state. For starters, this is totally and completely false. Okorocha have not abandoned other regions, rather have concentrated on owerri. Also, if you read my last post carefully, you'd seen where I advised you to take the man to court if you THOUGHT what he was doing was ILLEGAL AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Just coming here on nairaland to allege, is not enough. My hunch, is that you already think that you can't win the case, so you haven't tried.
Yes, I'm from orlu senatorial zone, and I care about the neglect of any region of imo state. But through successive governors, orlu have never changed much in the last fourty years. Even then, I wouldn't be surprised if okorocha's government accomplished more in orlu than all his predesessors.
Yes, it's true that people can ask questions on this thread about okorocha's developmental priorities, but ONLY DUMB AND STUPID people waist their time asking questions, that they know will not get any response, hence everybody's admonition to you to stop going around in circles.

"There's no other state in nigeria with this sort of concentration of development infrastructure in the state as is in imo state"
Your point here can only be adjudged to be correct if there's any other town in nigeria that have improved as fast as owerri. You see, I tried to explain that to you in my last post but you seem also to have glossed over it. Let me repeat that; okorocha's government could very easily have tarred a few roads here and there and still receive accolades as is evident in other states. I used obiano's anambra and Theodore orji's abia state as an example. Both men are receiving accolades even though their states or cities have not transformed the same way owerri has. The only reason you can come here and YAK YAK YAK about owerri's favouritism is because SOMETHING IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING IN OWERRI. There's is no way, in high havens you will be crying about orlu, if Okorocha had scantly developed owerri like his predesessors. So, your claim that that there's no other state were such is going on is RUBBISH because there's no town in nigeria that have advanced as fast as owerri has, in the last five years.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by lmo1stson: 10:39am On May 02, 2018
I think to a large extent that Okorocha has failed Imo state. Okorocha has done little or nothing but his propagandists are all over the place. Today Owerri is a huge mess, the few projects he did their have all collapsed. I think it will be an insult to write Okorocha and such a performing gov like Obiano. Anambra generally under Obiano has transformed far more than Imo state can ever be. Obiano has also done magnificient infrastructures like flyovers/roads in Awka and other cities and rural areas in the state. Flyovers Okorocha started 7yrs ago has he completed it? Can you honestly call that overpass culvert a project? Let us start asking questions in Imo state for once.

You can compare TA Orji to Okorocha, that will be fine but not a performer like Obiano. Remember Okorocha has borrowed over 250 billion in just 7yrs. What did he do with it? Let us start from there. What is the status of healthcare in Imo state? What of educational institutions?

Ofuzo:

It's ok for you to come here everyday to cry and wail about okorocha's developmental priorities, it's entirely different thing altogether when you start to create your own sets of facts.
You said it's ILLEGAL, and unconstitutional to develop owerri and abandon other regions of the state. For starters, this is totally and completely false. Okorocha have not abandoned other regions, rather have concentrated on owerri. Also, if you read my last post carefully, you'd seen where I advised you to take the man to court if you THOUGHT what he was doing was ILLEGAL AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Just coming here on nairaland to allege, is not enough. My hunch, is that you already think that you can't win the case, so you haven't tried.
Yes, I'm from orlu senatorial zone, and I care about the neglect of any region of imo state. But through successive governors, orlu have never changed much in the last fourty years. Even then, I wouldn't be surprised if okorocha's government accomplished more in orlu than all his predesessors.
Yes, it's true that people can ask questions on this thread about okorocha's developmental priorities, but ONLY DUMB AND STUPID people waist their time asking questions, that they know will not get any response, hence everybody's admonition to you to stop going around in circles.

"There's no other state in nigeria with this sort of concentration of development infrastructure in the state as is in imo state"
Your point here can only be adjudged to be correct if there's any other town in nigeria that have improved as fast as owerri. You see, I tried to explain that to you in my last post but you seem also to have glossed over it. Let me repeat that; okorocha's government could very easily have tarred a few roads here and there and still receive accolades as is evident in other states. I used obiano's anambra and Theodore orji's abia state as an example. Both men are receiving accolades even though their states or cities have not transformed the same way owerri has. The only reason you can come here and YAK YAK YAK about owerri's favouritism is because SOMETHING IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING IN OWERRI. There's is no way, in high havens you will be crying about orlu, if Okorocha had scantly developed owerri like his predesessors. So, your claim that that there's no other state were such is going on is RUBBISH because there's no town in nigeria that have advanced as fast as owerri has, in the last five years.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 3:01pm On May 02, 2018
[Owerri has to be developed to Mega City status by Gov. Okorocha, and possibly his son-in-law, or by other future governors of Imo state, with the federal allocations to Imo state and its local government areas; it doesn't matter as Orlu and other local government areas of Imo state outside Owerri capital territory remain nearly a century of underdevelopment, as they are today, behind Owerri. Why? Because Owerri is capital of Imo state].

Sounds stupid, but the above is what you and others like you on this thread go for.

In Nigeria and in other countries of the world, there are too many state capitals that are less developed and less expansive than the other towns or cities in the same state.

There is no constitutional obligation on a state government that it must develop the state capital more than any other town in the same state.

It's rather obligatory on a state governor to pursue uniform development of the state.

Instead of continuing to swim in your ocean of ignorance, google:

"why are the capitals of many US states smaller and less developed than other cities of the state?"

Ofuzo:

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 4:01pm On May 02, 2018
discusant:

[Owerri has to be developed to Mega City status by Gov. Okorocha, and possibly his son-in-law, or by other future governors of Imo state, with the federal allocations to Imo state and its local government areas; it doesn't matter as Orlu and other local government areas of Imo state outside Owerri capital territory remain nearly a century of underdevelopment, as they are today, behind Owerri. Why? Because Owerri is capital of Imo state].

Sounds stupid, but the above is what you and others like you on this thread go for.

In Nigeria and in other countries of the world, there are too many state capitals that are less developed and less expansive than the other towns or cities in the same state.

There is no constitutional obligation on a state government that it must develop the state capital more than any other town in the same state.

It's rather obligatory on a state governor to pursue uniform development of the state.

Instead of continuing to swim in your ocean of ignorance, google:

"why are the capitals of many US states smaller and less developed than other cities of the state?"

Please don't make me laugh with your owerri as a MEGA CITY. Owerri, with whatever Okorocha is doing now, couldn't possibly be described as a mega city in the next hundred years.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:59pm On May 02, 2018
Ofuzo:

Please don't make me laugh with your owerri as a MEGA CITY. Owerri, with whatever Okorocha is doing now, couldn't possibly be described as a mega city in the next hundred years.

Owerri cannot be a mega city any time soon but it is unarguably the most transformed city in the last one year. It is far more transformed than any other Nigerian city to an extent that if you were there last in May 2017 you may get confused with the city outlook this May 2018. It remains a shock to whoever visits whether from Port Harcourt, Malaysia or Afghanistan.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 7:22pm On May 02, 2018
Abagworo:

Owerri cannot be a mega city any time soon but it is unarguably the most transformed city in the last one year. It is far more transformed than any other Nigerian city to an extent that if you were there last in May 2017 you may get confused with the city outlook this May 2018. It remains a shock to whoever visits whether from Port Harcourt, Malaysia or Afghanistan.

If you had read all my comments, you would have known that I already agreed about owerri's transformation. Mega city, though, is not a word to be bandied around loosely or carelessly.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 5:01pm On May 04, 2018
THE UGLY EFFECTS OF GOVT CONCENTRATING ON BUILDING ONE CITY FIRST BEFORE OTHERS IN A STATE.

A governor with the mindset of building Imo state capital city first may start a 2ND REGIONAL WATER SUPPLY SCHEME FOR OWERRI ZONE,

WHILE THE VAST MAJORITY OF IMO POPULATION LIVING IN OKIGWE AND ORLU ZONES ARE YET TO BENEFIT FROM IMSG PROPOSAL TO PROVIDE REGIONAL WATER SUPPLY SCHEMES FOR THE THREE ZONES.

The first city grows into Mega City Status while other towns and communities in the state degenerate to squalid Status.
Imo state is now a classical example of this phenomenon.

For example: Owerri zone has benefited immensely from its share of the FIVE REGIONAL SURFACE WATER SUPPLY SCHEMES proposed by Imo state government for Aba, Okigwe, Orlu, Owerri and Umuahia - starting from Mbakwe administration. Aba and Umuahia benefited fully from the scheme.

Okigwe and Orlu zones yet to benefit.

Okigwe surface water supply scheme (like that of Owerri) cost tens of billions of Naira, and was completed during the administration of Gov. Udenwa, however, gov. Ohakim failed to do the final distribution aspects of pipe borne water from the scheme to Okigwe zone.

But the multi-billion Naira water supply infrastructures are still lying beneath the surface of both Owerri and Okigwe zones waiting for the next governor of Imo state who understands the import of pipe borne water to reactivate the water supply schemes for Owerri and Okigwe zones.

Mbakwe did not start Orlu regional water scheme because of his political differences with Ideato-born Collins Obih.
Orlu water supply scheme was designed to supply nearly all the 12 lgas in Orlu zone through Njaba/Orashi Rivers.

In fact, the availability of pipe borne water in Owerri contributed immensely to the rapid development and expansion of Owerri.

The federal government divided states into senatorial zones and local government areas purposely for uniform development of every state.

A state government that develops one city/zone first, (as is in Imo state) must subsequently channel most of its development funds to providing new infrastructure to match with the expanding city/zone.
At some point, the state government may not even afford money to fill pot holes on roads outside
the only expanding city.

Result: instead of providing for Orlu and Okigwe zonal regional water supply schemes, IMSG may start to think of a second water supply scheme for Owerri zone.

The importance of TREATED pipe borne water - not water from private water bore holes - cannot be over-emphasized.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 7:18pm On May 04, 2018
Like play, like play, the poster above me go just kolo one day because of Rochas

Funnily enough, the pot-bellied occupant of Douglas House doesn't even know he existed grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 7:21pm On May 04, 2018
Abagworo:

Anyone who says that Rochas hasn't tried in Owerri is living a lie

The last I visited I nearly missed my way, but you seem to exaggerate it, paying attention to areas that have received facelifts and downplaying the areas that are in ruins and poor drainage system in the town

Well, I am particularly impressed with New Owerri and World Bank
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 04, 2018
Abagworo:

You are from Umuaka and you talk about Udenwa transforming Orlu. Mention one thing he did in Umuaka. At least you can see the roads, roundabout, schools and market built by Okorocha at Umuaka.
You will be shocked if we tell you how much Udenwa was loved in Orlu. Okorocha tried in my parts (this I will always praise him) but the structures he put in place are not as lasting as that of Udenwa. Udenwa constructed two major roads that passed through Umuaka. First, the New Orlu-Owerri road with Erosion drainages along Njaba river. Second, Udenwa constructed the Umuaka-Amandugba-Amaigbo-Nkwerre road, the first inter-community road of its kind in my parts. Third, the plan that led to the construction of both the Umuaka-Ukwu Orji road ending at Onitsha-Owerri express and the Okwudor-Awo-Omanma road finalized by Ikedi Ohakim was began by Achike Udenwa. Take note, all of these roads are still in existence unlike the China project called infrastructures embarked by my Governor Rochas Okorocha.
In aspect of higher institution, Udenwa built the College of health Amaigbo as well as his attempt to locate an higher institution of learning in Umuaka, which failed because of the revolt of Owerri people.
In agriculture, do I remind you of the full implementation of the Songhai farm initiative as well as the Fadama 1 and 11 project carried out in my parts.
In the aspect of electrification, Udenwa's tenure saw to the total electrification of rural areas in my part as well as Imo state. Lastly, during Udenwa's time he fought for the recognition of Imo state as an oil bearing area which culminated in the declaration of Addax oil discovering large deposit of oil in the Njaba basin. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Njaba_River
Even in that period Shell and even Chevron set up an office in my community to began oil exploration, which failed because of the non-compliance and acceptance of such venture by my people. The relics of Mobil and Chevrons CSR, like treated bore hole water in several villages are still there. So when you talk about Udenwa's achievements despite the huge debt he faced as governor, you don't compare it to that of Rochas regime, even though he too tried a lot.
Note: I only mentioned my own parts and not the whole Orlu, nor Imo state. If I had done so, this thread will be filled with the achievements of Achike Udenwa.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 11:07pm On May 04, 2018
Udenwa remains a political force in Imo state, more so, in Orlu zone, despite Owerri disparaging him for his efforts to extend development infrastructures beyond Owerri zone.
Okorocha's efforts to succeed himself as governor without Udenwa's blessing shall come to nought - exercise in futility.

Udenwa was the only past governor of Imo state who attended Rochas Okorocha's inauguration as governor of Imo state in 2011.

@Smart Polician.
If yours truly kolos struggling for uniform development of my Imo state, instead of stopping a governor Okorocha using the allocations of Imo state and its lgas to destroy existing roads in Owerri, and builds you eight lane roads in Owerri, while humans in rest of Imo state live on squalid, dilapidated streets, remain decades of development behind Owerri, so be it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 11:08pm On May 04, 2018
discusant:
THE UGLY EFFECTS OF GOVT CONCENTRATING ON BUILDING ONE CITY FIRST BEFORE OTHERS IN A STATE.

A governor with the mindset of building Imo state capital city first may start a 2ND REGIONAL WATER SUPPLY SCHEME FOR OWERRI ZONE,

WHILE THE VAST MAJORITY OF IMO POPULATION LIVING IN OKIGWE AND ORLU ZONES ARE YET TO BENEFIT FROM IMSG PROPOSAL TO PROVIDE REGIONAL WATER SUPPLY SCHEMES FOR THE THREE ZONES.

The first city grows into Mega City Status while other towns and communities in the state degenerate to squalid Status.
Imo state is now a classical example of this phenomenon.

For example: Owerri zone has benefited immensely from its share of the FIVE REGIONAL SURFACE WATER SUPPLY SCHEMES proposed by Imo state government for Aba, Okigwe, Orlu, Owerri and Umuahia - starting from Mbakwe administration. Aba and Umuahia benefited fully from the scheme.

Okigwe and Orlu zones yet to benefit.

Okigwe surface water supply scheme (like that of Owerri) cost tens of billions of Naira, and was completed during the administration of Gov. Udenwa, however, gov. Ohakim failed to do the final distribution aspects of pipe borne water from the scheme to Okigwe zone.

But the multi-billion Naira water supply infrastructures are still lying beneath the surface of both Owerri and Okigwe zones waiting for the next governor of Imo state who understands the import of pipe borne water to reactivate the water supply schemes for Owerri and Okigwe zones.

Mbakwe did not start Orlu regional water scheme because of his political differences with Ideato-born Collins Obih.
Orlu water supply scheme was designed to supply nearly all the 12 lgas in Orlu zone through Njaba/Orashi Rivers.

In fact, the availability of pipe borne water in Owerri contributed immensely to the rapid development and expansion of Owerri.

The federal government divided states into senatorial zones and local government areas purposely for uniform development of every state.

A state government that develops one city/zone first, (as is in Imo state) must subsequently channel most of its development funds to providing new infrastructure to match with the expanding city/zone.
At some point, the state government may not even afford money to fill pot holes on roads outside
the only expanding city.

Result: instead of providing for Orlu and Okigwe zonal regional water supply schemes, IMSG may start to think of a second water supply scheme for Owerri zone.

The importance of TREATED pipe borne water - not water from private water bore holes - cannot be over-emphasized.

Ok, so, you guys are calling it water schemes. Nothing really wrong with the name, but I think you are actually referring to WATER treatment plant. There's also WASTE treatment plants. Both of them go hand in hand, that they are usually referred to as water and waste treatment plants. I've been discussing on enugu thread with some folks about what are clearly missing on all our developmental strides and how we got it all wrong. WASTE and WATER treatment plants is a major one. As a matter of fact, those two things should be the FIRST thing you develop before you even begin to build any houses. Unfortunately, we did not do that. So, what we have all over nigeria, are cities with populations that are more than 200,000 people using boreholes for drinking water and septic tanks to discharge HUMAN WASTE. I've even seen boreholes that are a mere ten feet away from septic tanks. THIS IS THE MOTHER OF ALL ABOMINATIONS. So I'm shocked that you are talking about owerri water scheme which is a FLUKE as far as I'm concerned because it does not exist. Even if you build a water treatment plant to supply owerri with drinking water, the infrastructure that will be built to make it possible, for it to reach every owerri house hold, will cost too much that the state might not afford it. An infrastructural revolution have to take place in nigeria before we even begin to get it right. I don't know if you guys know this, but we are COMPLETELY bleeped UP in nigeria. This thing we do in nigeria where people SHIT in the toilet and flush it down to a septic tank that was dug in the backyard, is VERY VERY BAD, DANGEROUS AND UNHYGIENIC and is something that is not practiced in any civilized country of the world. What they have in civilized countries is water and waste treatment plants in all the major population centers. When you SHIT in Washington DC and flush it down the pipes, it goes into pipes which is then pumped to a waste treatment plant. When it gets to a waste treatment plants, the water is treated with chemicals to remove all it's IMPURITIES before it's discharged to a man made river or allowed to flow on a man made river. The isrealis use their treated waste for irrigation for example. That way, their are no leftover CONTAMINATED ground that have the possibility of contaminating ground water which will end up polluting and contaminating borehole water.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:10pm On May 04, 2018
Chiwude:
You will be shocked if we tell you how much Udenwa was loved in Orlu. Okorocha tried in my parts (this I will always praise him) but the structures he put in place are not as lasting as that of Udenwa. Udenwa constructed two major roads that passed through Umuaka. First, the New Orlu-Owerri road with Erosion drainages along Njaba river. Second, Udenwa constructed the Umuaka-Amandugba-Amaigbo-Nkwerre road, the first inter-community road of its kind in my parts. Third, the plan that led to the construction of both the Umuaka-Ukwu Orji road ending at Onitsha-Owerri express and the Okwudor-Awo-Omanma road finalized by Ikedi Ohakim was began by Achike Udenwa.

None of the roads you mentioned was built by Udenwa and none is still good now. They were poorly done NDDC jobs which understandably don't last. The Orlu-Owerri road was a federal project attracted by Arthur Nzeribe who equally attracted Owerri-Onitsha road and Ihiala-Orlu-Umuduru-Umuahia road but they've all gone bad long ago except Owerri-Onitsha road that started going bad recently. If you're truthful then you will accept that the Owerri to Orlu road is good now because Okorocha rehabilitated and dualized it. The old Njaba bridge has long collapsed and the only reason one can still move from Umuaka to Okwudo is because Okorocha built another bridge and is also building a second one now because of the dualization.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 11:21pm On May 04, 2018
Ofuzo:

Ok, so, you guys are calling it water schemes. Nothing really wrong with the name, but I think you are actually referring to WATER treatment plant. There's also WASTE treatment plants. Both of them go hand in hand, that they are usually referred to as water and waste treatment plants. I've been discussing on enugu thread with some folks about what are clearly missing on all our developmental strides and how we got it all wrong. WASTE and WATER treatment plants is a major one. As a matter of fact, those two things should be the FIRST thing you develop before you even begin to build any houses. Unfortunately, we did not do that. So, what we have all over nigeria, are cities with populations that are more than 200,000 people using boreholes for drinking water and septic tanks to discharge HUMAN WASTE. I've even seen boreholes that are a mere ten feet away from septic tanks. THIS IS THE MOTHER OF ALL ABOMINATIONS. So I'm shocked that you are talking about owerri water scheme which is a FLUKE as far as I'm concerned because it does not exist. Even if you build a water treatment plant to supply owerri with drinking water, the infrastructure that will be built to make it possible, for it to reach every owerri house hold, will cost too much that the state might not afford it. An infrastructural revolution have to take place in nigeria before we even begin to get it right. I don't know if you guys know this, but we are COMPLETELY bleeped UP in nigeria. This thing we do in nigeria where people SHIT in the toilet and flush it down to a septic tank that was dug in the backyard, is VERY VERY BAD, DANGEROUS AND UNHYGIENIC and is something that is not practiced in any civilized country of the world. What they have in civilized countries is water and waste treatment plants in all the major population centers. When you SHIT in Washington DC and flush it down the pipes, it goes into pipes which is then pumped to a waste treatment plant. When it gets to a waste treatment plants, the water is treated with chemicals to remove all it's IMPURITIES before it's discharged to a man made river or allowed to flow on a man made river. The isrealis use their treated waste for irrigation for example. That way, their are no leftover CONTAMINATED ground that have the possibility of contaminating ground water which will end up polluting and contaminating borehole water.

Good. Now you seem to have come to the understanding of the issues at stake in Okorocha's Apartheid development policy, instead of you and others' belief that I have been wailing about Okorocha's abandonment of Orlu.

Once pipe borne water flows in any area, life goes to the area, modernity and urbanization shift to the area.

The waste water treatment issue you harped on is not difficult to procure once running water is provided.

Building eight lane stress in Owerri without first providing TREATED running water is most ridiculous.

Digging water boreholes at every 100 or so meters in Imo state is most dangerous.

Meanwhile, Owerri shouts "Owelle Mere yaa" for any eight lane streets and flyover in Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 04, 2018
Abagworo:

None of the roads you mentioned was built by Udenwa and none is still good now. They were poorly done NDDC jobs which understandably don't last. The Orlu-Owerri road was a federal project attracted by Arthur Nzeribe who equally attracted Owerri-Onitsha road and Ihiala-Orlu-Umuduru-Umuahia road but they've all gone bad long ago except Owerri-Onitsha road that started going bad recently. If you're truthful then you will accept that the Owerri to Orlu road is good now because Okorocha rehabilitated and dualized it. The old Njaba bridge has long collapsed and the only reason one can still move from Umuaka to Okwudo is because Okorocha built another bridge and is also building a second one now because of the dualization.
Stop your shenanigan Abagworo! Give credit to whom it is due and stop peddling falsehood with your Arthur Criminal and Okorocha scam.
1. Arthur Nzeribe my foot! The number 1 criminal didn't do hiss. He may have gotten involved in the Onitsha-Owerri road through the senate but never the Orlu road. Please spare me that lies. Udenwa did that road and the federal government compensated the IMSG accordingly. You can feed those tales to foreigners not us who we're on ground.
2. Which old Njaba bridge did you say long collapsed? No bridge collapsed, Okorocha only demolished it for a new dualized one. But between that old bridge and the 'sharp sand, gravel and rod' bridge Rochas built, which one is stronger?
The only credit I give Okorocha is the dualization of the Orlu-Owerri road, but in term of quality nwanne don't go there. Please when next you want to peddle that lie, don't say it in the front of a bonafide nwafor Orlu!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:23am On May 05, 2018
discusant:

Okorocha came to office with mind already made up because of old inter-communal squabbles between him and some people from Orlu to execute a vendetta against anything Orlu.

Too many efforts of OPPOCA and Orluzurumee to broker peace between Rochas Okorocha and Orlu was botched by Okorocha. At one point, Okorocha's agents came to Orlu and damaged the canopies prepared to receive Okorocha for peace meeting.
Okorocha never turned up for the meeting.

In 2016, elders from Orlu zone went to Owerri, met with and pleaded with Okorocha to finish the roads he scrapped and abandoned in Orlu area.
Okorocha's response to the elders from Orlu was that they should rather migrate to Owerri and claim the capital of Imo state as theirs.

Watch one of the videos of Okorocha in 2012 where he said EVIL PEOPLE live in Orlu.

What you called wailing by Orlu people here is nothing but bringing to the notice of the public the war Okorocha is using the venerated office of a state governor to fight against Orlu.
Well, the best thing to do is to vote him and his candidates out come 2019, or rather vote his candidate in with a compromise to finish the abandoned projects began by Rochas. This is where Orluzurumee and OPOCCA needs to put on their political thinking cap. Orlu urban deserves attention!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 12:23am On May 05, 2018
The Okorocha scam in Imo state:

the scam is all about using his phantom projects in Owerri to show off before visitors to Owerri that Rochas Okorocha having transformed Owerri, he is therefore capable of being president of Nigeria.

Another motivation of Okorocha in using the federal allocations to Imo state and its local government areas to build phantom, show-off projects in Owerri is his many businesses in Owerri, as he aims to attract lot more of Imo state population to come to live in Owerri to patronize his businesses.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 12:32am On May 05, 2018
Chiwude:
Stop your shenanigan Abagworo! Give credit to whom it is due and stop peddling falsehood with your Arthur Criminal and Okorocha scam.
1. Arthur Nzeribe my foot! The number 1 criminal didn't do hiss. He may have gotten involved in the Onitsha-Owerri road through the senate but never the Orlu road. Please spare me that lies. Udenwa did that road and the federal government compensated the IMSG accordingly. You can feed those tales to foreigners not us who we're on ground.
2. Which old Njaba bridge did you say long collapsed? No bridge collapsed, Okorocha only demolished it for a new dualized one. But between that old bridge and the 'sharp sand, gravel and rod' bridge Rochas built, which one is stronger?
The only credit I give Okorocha is the dualization of the Orlu-Owerri road, but in term of quality nwanne don't go there. Please when next you want to peddle that lie, don't say it in the front of a bonafide nwafor Orlu!

I think some of you should fear God while making some unfounded claims. Thank you Abagworo for being truthful.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:41am On May 05, 2018
lmo1stson:
I think to a large extent that Okorocha has failed Imo state. Okorocha has done little or nothing but his propagandists are all over the place. Today Owerri is a huge mess, the few projects he did their have all collapsed. I think it will be an insult to write Okorocha and such a performing gov like Obiano. Anambra generally under Obiano has transformed far more than Imo state can ever be. Obiano has also done magnificient infrastructures like flyovers/roads in Awka and other cities and rural areas in the state. Flyovers Okorocha started 7yrs ago has he completed it? Can you honestly call that overpass culvert a project? Let us start asking questions in Imo state for once.

You can compare TA Orji to Okorocha, that will be fine but not a performer like Obiano. Remember Okorocha has borrowed over 250 billion in just 7yrs. What did he do with it? Let us start from there. What is the status of healthcare in Imo state? What of educational institutions?

Dont start what you cannot prove! You just mentioned Obiano, which Obiano? Is it the scammer we know or another one. Don't even mention Obiano and Rochas in the same sentence, while one scams and does a low quality project, the other scams and show billboards as evidence of performance. When did "Obiano is working" billboards become project. When we insult Rochas, we don't do it because he isn't working, we do it because we hate the China projects he litters everywhere. If you're talking of standard infrastructure, then you mention Umahi of Ebonyi in the first paragraph. We are not blind, if Obiano is really working we won't need a soothsayer to tell us.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 6:13am On May 05, 2018
discusant:

Good. Now you seem to have come to the understanding of the issues at stake in Okorocha's Apartheid development policy, instead of you and others' belief that I have been wailing about Okorocha's abandonment of Orlu.

Once pipe borne water flows in any area, life goes to the area, modernity and urbanization shift to the area.

The waste water treatment issue you harped on is not difficult to procure once running water is provided.

Building eight lane stress in Owerri without first providing TREATED running water is most ridiculous.

Digging water boreholes at every 100 or so meters in Imo state is most dangerous.

Meanwhile, Owerri shouts "Owelle Mere yaa" for any eight lane streets and flyover in Owerri.

You seem to have misread everything I just posted up there, but let me try to repeat. I don't know the population of owerri or most of the other nigerian cities. My guess is that most nigerian cities are probably 200,000 thousand or above. Without pipeline infrastructure to distribute any water generated from the treatment plants, the whole thing will be a complete waste. When you go to civilized countries, water pipe lines are built smack in the middle of their roads. When you drive on their roads, all the bumps you encounter are from water pipeline manhole covers. Some other bumps are the gas pipeline covers that pipe gas directly to people's homes because they don't distribute gas with gas cylinders like it's done in nigeria. Basically, what I'm really trying to say, is that building water treatment plants without building water pipelines infrastructure doesn't make sense. To build water pipelines in an already built up city will be a complete nightmare. Of course, it's doable, but you have to dig up all the tarred roads, sidewalks, dig up people's pavements, front yard and back yards. Just too many diggings up, that it will be so costly and cumbersome that states may not have the resources to do that.

By the way, I'm writing here about all the infrastructural problems facing our people. I just didn't come here and start writing about it. I've thought through everything. I also have solutions. Yes I do, and you better believe it. After leaving nigeria to overseas and my first coming back after ten years, I was SHOCKED of how undeveloped nigeria was, and how everything is done the wrong way, I mean practically everything, that it was so mind boggling. I even begin to wonder if this was how nigeria was before I left, or that things have drastically changed to make the whole place look like Hiroshima after the atomic bomb blast.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by lmo1stson: 6:46am On May 05, 2018
It is painful when people say the truth. Obiano is miles and miles ahead of Okorocha. Infact go to FB and read how Imolites are praying to have an OBIANO to turn around Imo state for good.
Obiano's 3yrs in office has surpassed 7 wasted yrs of Okorocha.

Okorocha has taken over 200b loan but yet there's nothing anywhere in Imo state to show for it.

What's the present condition of hospitals, schools, roads, education, IGR etc, we are in trouble in Imo State.

Just one of the many bridges/flyovers/roads done Obiano has covered all that Okorocha has wasted 7yrs trying to do.

Chiwude:
Dont start what you cannot prove! You just mentioned Obiano, which Obiano? Is it the scammer we know or another one. Don't even mention Obiano and Rochas in the same sentence, while one scams and does a low quality project, the other scams and show billboards as evidence of performance. When did "Obiano is working" billboards become project. When we insult Rochas, we don't do it because he isn't working, we do it because we hate the China projects he litters everywhere. If you're talking of standard infrastructure, then you mention Umahi of Ebonyi in the first paragraph. We are not blind, if Obiano is really working we won't need a soothsayer to tell us.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:01am On May 05, 2018
lmo1stson:
It is painful when people say the truth. Obiano is mile and mile ahead of Okorocha. Infact go on FB and read how Imolites are praying to have an OBIANO to turn around Imo state for good.

Okorocha has taken over 200b loan but yet there's nothing anywhere in Imo state to show for it.

What's the present condition of hospitals, schools, roads, education, IGR etc, we are in trouble in Imo State.

Just one of the many bridges/flyovers/roads done Obiano has covered all that Okorocha has wasted 7yrs trying to do.

Lol! Well no problem about that."Obiano is working"

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 10:06am On May 05, 2018
Ofuzo:

You seem to have misread everything I just posted up there, but let me try to repeat. I don't know the population of owerri or most of the other nigerian cities. My guess is that most nigerian cities are probably 200,000 thousand or above. Without pipeline infrastructure to distribute any water generated from the treatment plants, the whole thing will be a complete waste. When you go to civilized countries, water pipe lines are built smack in the middle of their roads. When you drive on their roads, all the bumps you encounter are from water pipeline manhole covers. Some other bumps are the gas pipeline covers that pipe gas directly to people's homes because they don't distribute gas with gas cylinders like it's done in nigeria. Basically, what I'm really trying to say, is that building water treatment plants without building water pipelines infrastructure doesn't make sense. To build water pipelines in an already built up city will be a complete nightmare. Of course, it's doable, but you have to dig up all the tarred roads, sidewalks, dig up people's pavements, front yard and back yards. Just too many diggings up, that it will be so costly and cumbersome that states may not have the resources to do that.

By the way, I'm writing here about all the infrastructural problems facing our people. I just didn't come here and start writing about it. I've thought through everything. I also have solutions. Yes I do, and you better believe it. After leaving nigeria to overseas and my first coming back after ten years, I was SHOCKED of how undeveloped nigeria was, and how everything is done the wrong way, I mean practically everything, that it was so mind boggling. I even begin to wonder if this was how nigeria was before I left, or that things have drastically changed to make the whole place look like Hiroshima after the atomic bomb blast.

Humans eat and drink before urinating and excretion.

We need to have pipe borne water before waste water treatment plants.

Under the grounds of Owerri and Okigwe zones lay huge water distribution pipes. The water supply schemes for each zone cost Imo state government tens of billions of Naira, beginning from Mbakwe administration to Udenwa's.

Any state government of Imo can start from those water pipes to restore pipe borne water to Owerri and Okigwe zones.

Ironically, the water supply project also proposed at the same period by Imo state government for the largest and most populated zone of Imo state - Orlu - is yet to be started.

It's hard to understand what you wrote at times... the reason is beyond the scope of this discourse.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 12:03pm On May 05, 2018
discusant:

Humans eat and drink before urinating and excretion.

We need to have pipe borne water before waste water treatment plants.

Under the grounds of Owerri and Okigwe zones lay huge water distribution pipes. The water supply schemes for each zone cost Imo state government tens of billions of Naira, beginning from Mbakwe administration to Udenwa's.

Any state government of Imo can start from those water pipes to restore pipe borne water to Owerri and Okigwe zones.

Ironically, the water supply project also proposed at the same period by Imo state government for the largest and most populated zone of Imo state - Orlu - is yet to be started.

It's hard to understand what you wrote at times... the reason is beyond the scope of this discourse.

I don't understand your logic! Because humans eat and drink first, they should die soon after drinking polluted water contaminated with faeces. Like I said, those two things (water and waste treatment plants) are built at the same time, side by side. When you guys build things, build them holistically instead of building one without the other. Don't build houses in an area, and then come back ten years later to build roads and water and gas pipelines. That's why all our cities look like shitholes. When you build, be sure to add everything that is needed. Cut your coat according to your size to what you can afford.
You said the underground of owerri and okigwe have water distribution pipes. Are you kidding? What year where they built? Which area were they built? This are serious issues we are talking about here. There's no water pipeline infrastructure built years ago that is relevant today. If you are building water treatment plants today, you must start from scratch to build the pipeline infrastructure to evacuate the water to people's residences and commercial buildings.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:24pm On May 05, 2018
Abagworo:

roads that we're built before the nddc existed? Lol you're not from Imo

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 4:51pm On May 05, 2018
Ofuzo:

I don't understand your logic! Because humans eat and drink first, they should die soon after drinking polluted water contaminated with faeces. Like I said, those two things (water and waste treatment plants) are built at the same time, side by side. When you guys build things, build them holistically instead of building one without the other. Don't build houses in an area, and then come back ten years later to build roads and water and gas pipelines. That's why all our cities look like shitholes. When you build, be sure to add everything that is needed. Cut your coat according to your size to what you can afford.
You said the underground of owerri and okigwe have water distribution pipes. Are you kidding? What year where they built? Which area were they built? This are serious issues we are talking about here. There's no water pipeline infrastructure built years ago that is relevant today. If you are building water treatment plants today, you must start from scratch to build the pipeline infrastructure to evacuate the water to people's residences and commercial buildings.

Bros,
Once modern water pipes are laid underground, they last for ages. The water pipes in Owerri and Okigwe are modern.

Perhaps you didn't know: there are huge water pipes under the grounds all over Owerri Municipal lga, extending to a few other lgas of Owerri zone.

there are also huge water pipes all the way from Imo River in Umuna, Onuimo lga, to Okigwe urban lga, and extending to a few other lgas in Okigwe senatorial zone.

Other water supply infrastructures are there in these two zones, but may have become non-serviceable by now.

Water treatment plants can also be established in Owerri and Okigwe zones once the regional water supply schemes of both zones are restarted.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 5:19pm On May 05, 2018
lmo1stson:
It is painful when people say the truth. Obiano is miles and miles ahead of Okorocha. Infact go to FB and read how Imolites are praying to have an OBIANO to turn around Imo state for good.

This small jobless boy I've reported you severally for cloning my moniker but it seems ignored by the modes. Stop comparing Obiano an alcohol addict with nothing to show with Rochas Okorocha. Moreover this thread has nothing to do with your dirty and illiterate State. You guys shoukd focus on cleaning up Awka and Onitsha first as they look more or less like garbage cities. Build a beautiful road today and in a week everywhere is dirty and uninhabitable like this case of Nkpor under bridge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.