Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2397525 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hospitality still booming

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:42pm On Apr 30, 2018
Artificial turf being installed at new Okigwe stadium.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
Works at the ongoing underground and multilevel car park.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Rochas2023: 4:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
Can we see the 3d design of the carpark?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 4:29pm On Apr 30, 2018
Abagworo:
Artificial turf being installed at new Okigwe stadium.

In 2012, gov. Okorocha dismantled the roofs of Orlu Sports Stadium. Thereafter, the seats and floodlights of the stadium decayed.

More than a Hundred million Naira wasted.

The stadium was built by VAST - a leading company in Stadium Construction.

The Stadium was dedicated to late Sam Okwaraji, and was commissioned by then president Obasanjo in 2007.

Orlu has had no sports stadium since then.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
discusant:

In 2012, gov. Okorocha dismantled the roofs of Orlu Sports Stadium. The seats and floodlights of the stadium decayed.

More than a Hundred million Naira wasted.

The stadium was built by VAST - a leading company in Stadium Construction.

The Stadium was dedicated to late Sam Okwaraji, and was commissioned by then president Obasanjo in 2007.

Orlu has had no sports stadium since then.
Udenwa built that wonderful stadium! I had the opportunity been in attendance once when heartland played some of their home matches there. Hmm, but what is really happening? I know Orlu LGA worked against Okorocha's reelection during the last poll. It was on record that Okorocha lost woefully in some parts of Orlu zone, this I'm aware of, but that shouldn't be a reason for Rochas to abandon his initial project he began in Orlu during his first tenure. Yes few godfathers worked against him, but the people still fought for him. It's really a shame, because despite everything Orlu still remains Rochas senatorial zone. Owelle seems to be focusing on areas that gave him votes including my own Umuaka, but how on earth he decided to abandon Orlu municipal still worries me. Our people say Aku ru ulo, but Owelle seems to be doing the opposite.
@Discusant, I have told you several times that this forum isn't the best place to pass your message to Rochas. Unless you want to tell me that you are happy with what is happening in Orlu (both you and your colleagues) and now want to use this medium to play politics with Orlu development. What stop you and OPOCCA from meeting Owelle one on one in a meeting and complain to him, that is if you're really sincere with your cries. Because you keep harping on this since years now and yet nothing tangible has come out from your incessant wails. You guys should meet Rochas and settle this once and for all. Or likely vote him out in the next election and bring in someone that can transform Orlu for good, just like Udenwa.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2018
Chiwude:
Udenwa built that wonderful stadium! I had the opportunity been in attendance once when heartland played some of their home matches there. Hmm, but what is really happening? I know Orlu LGA worked against Okorocha's reelection during the last poll. It was on record that Okorocha lost woefully in some parts of Orlu zone, this I'm aware of, but that shouldn't be a reason for Rochas to abandon his initial project he began in Orlu during his first tenure. Yes few godfathers worked against him, but the people still fought for him. It's really a shame, because despite everything Orlu still remains Rochas senatorial zone. Owelle seems to be focusing on areas that gave him votes including my own Umuaka, but how on earth he decided to abandon Orlu municipal still worries me. Our people say Aku ru ulo, but Owelle seems to be doing the opposite.
@Discusant, I have told you several times that this forum isn't the best place to pass your message to Rochas. Unless you want to tell me that you are happy with what is happening in Orlu (both you and your colleagues) and now want to use this medium to play politics with Orlu development. What stop you and OPOCCA from meeting Owelle one on one in a meeting and complain to him, that is if you're really sincere with your cries. Because you keep harping on this since years now and yet nothing tangible has come out from your incessant wails. You guys should meet Rochas and settle this once and for all. Or likely vote him out in the next election and bring in someone that can transform Orlu for good, just like Udenwa.

You are from Umuaka and you talk about Udenwa transforming Orlu. Mention one thing he did in Umuaka. At least you can see the roads, roundabout, schools and market built by Okorocha at Umuaka.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:21pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nwosu commissions new Labour house built by Okorocha government.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
Abagworo:

You are from Umuaka and you talk about Udenwa transforming Orlu. Mention one thing he did in Umuaka. At least you can see the roads, roundabout, schools and market built by Okorocha at Umuaka.

Owerri-Umuaka-Orlu road was rebuilt by Udenwa government through federal aid.
Before Udenwa, the road was nearly impossible.

Akokwa-Ogboko-Orlu road was nearly impassable for decades but was rebuilt by Udenwa government.
Before Udenwa, only a desperado from Orlu would contemplate going towards the road.

Udenwa built the Ihiala-Orlu-Nkwerre-Amaigbo road with spurs to Anara and Amaraku.

Udenwa built the Okporo-Omuma-Awo-Oguta lake road.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Banmeallday: 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2018
All I see are outdated structures that were built by Germans and Malaysians in the 1940s and today Imo state crooks are using it as development

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 7:29pm On Apr 30, 2018
Chiwude:

Okorocha came to office with mind already made up because of old inter-communal squabbles between him and some people from Orlu to execute a vendetta against anything Orlu.

Too many efforts of OPPOCA and Orluzurumee to broker peace between Rochas Okorocha and Orlu was botched by Okorocha. At one point, Okorocha's agents came to Orlu and damaged the canopies prepared to receive Okorocha for peace meeting.
Okorocha never turned up for the meeting.

In 2016, elders from Orlu zone went to Owerri, met with and pleaded with Okorocha to finish the roads he scrapped and abandoned in Orlu area.
Okorocha's response to the elders from Orlu was that they should rather migrate to Owerri and claim the capital of Imo state as theirs.

Watch one of the videos of Okorocha in 2012 where he said EVIL PEOPLE live in Orlu.

What you called wailing by Orlu people here is nothing but bringing to the notice of the public the war Okorocha is using the venerated office of a state governor to fight against Orlu.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 7:31pm On Apr 30, 2018
Chiwude:

So you are minding that apologist. I can't continue reading your comment because it's quite annoying.

How can you be falling for this guy? I've said it here that that man is not from Orlu but a paid political jobber whose duty is to cause disunity in Orlu zone and incite people of Orlu LGA against their son, Rochas and their brothers from Ideato south LGA.

I passed Orlu last Xmas, and I observed that the old stadium is now roofed with a green roof, renovated, re-fenced and converted to a square while the person that claims to come from Orlu is trying to tell us that he has not noticed that. And kept on deceiving people on this forum. Africans have a long way to go. Everything must not be politics.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
discusant:

Akokwa-Ogboko-Orlu road was nearly impassable for decades but was rebuilt by Udenwa government.
Before Udenwa, only a desperado from Orlu would contemplate going towards the road.

Udenwa built the Ihiala-Orlu-Nkwerre-Amaigbo road with spurs to Anara and Amaraku.

Stop writing like a clown. Obasanjo government renovated that road and made it narrower than before but today it has been turned an expressway by Okorocha.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 8:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
discusant:

Okorocha came to office with mind already made up because of old inter-communal squabbles between him and some people from Orlu to execute a vendetta against anything Orlu.

Too many efforts of OPPOCA and Orluzurumee to broker peace between Rochas Okorocha and Orlu was botched by Okorocha. At one point, Okorocha's agents came to Orlu and damaged the canopies prepared to receive Okorocha for peace meeting.
Okorocha never turned up for the meeting.

In 2016, elders from Orlu zone went to Owerri, met with and pleaded with Okorocha to finish the roads he scrapped and abandoned in Orlu area.
Okorocha's response to the elders from Orlu was that they should rather migrate to Owerri and claim the capital of Imo state as theirs.

Watch one of the videos of Okorocha in 2012 where he said EVIL PEOPLE live in Orlu.

What you called wailing by Orlu people here is nothing but bringing to the notice of the public the war Okorocha is using the venerated office of a state governor to fight against Orlu.
People who are calling you out for your loquaciousness on the orlu issue are actually correct. I wholeheartedly support them against your approach. I, like them, come to this forum to find out things, anything that is going on in imo state. I'm very very dejected when I have to read your beef with Okorocha over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I know that you are angry about the neglect that Okorocha have visited on orlu people and justifiable so. BUT CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE YOUR BEEF TO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Take it to Okorocha himself, like this guy suggested. Stop coming here everyday and keep complaining about okorocha's neglect of orlu. From all indications, YOUR WAILING HERE DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE REACHED THE GUY. By the way, I'm also from orlu senatorial zone.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2018
B2mario:

So you are minding that apologist. I can't continue reading your comment because it's quite annoying.

How can you be falling for this guy? I've said it here that that man is not from Orlu but a paid political jobber whose duty is to cause disunity in Orlu zone and incite people of Orlu LGA against their son, Rochas and their brothers from Ideato south LGA.

I passed Orlu last Xmas, and I observed that the old stadium is now roofed with a green roof, renovated, re-fenced and converted to a square while the person that claims to come from Orlu is trying to tell us that he has not noticed that. And kept on deceiving people on this forum. Africans have a long way to go. Everything must not be politics.

I have never liked to reply you because you are a most dishonest Otimkpu for Okorocha.

The other Okorocha's Otimkpu, Abagoro, is more brilliant than you when he defends Okorocha's war against Orlu.

The roof by local iron workers you talk about is no where good near the old roof built by VAST construction which specializes in stadium construction.

Did you not see that the most expensive aspect of the stadium - Stadium seats and Floodlights - have all rotten since 2012 after Okorocha dismantled the roofs and left the stadium abandoned?

Orlu has no stadium since then, till today.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2018
Ofuzo:

People who are calling you out for your loquaciousness on the orlu issue are actually correct. I wholeheartedly support them against your approach. I, like them, come to this forum to find out things, anything that is going on in imo state. I'm very very dejected when I have to read your beef with Okorocha over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I know that you are angry about the neglect that Okorocha have visited on orlu people and justifiable so. BUT CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE YOUR BEEF TO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Take it to Okorocha himself, like this guy suggested. Stop coming here everyday and keep complaining about okorocha's neglect of orlu. From all indications, YOUR WAILING HERE DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE REACHED THE GUY. By the way, I'm also from orlu senatorial zone.

You agreed with me, and restated here that Rochas Okorocha neglected Orlu zone.

You are from Orlu zone, lol; Rochas Okorocha is also from Orlu zone.

So what is your beef again with me? Or you want to see Okorocha works in Owerri only, in a thread meant for Imo state affairs?

No body expects Okorocha to come to Nairaland. By the way, do Rochas Okorocha and team read what people write about the government?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
discusant:

[b]No body expects Okorocha to come to Nairaland. [/b]By the way, do Rochas Okorocha and team read what people write about the government?

Boy, try get sense na.

Why is everyone talking about you for the wrong reasons yet you won't stop? It's not as though you have a reasonable point to prove anyway

If you are well aware that neither Rochas nor his aide read this endless rants, what do you want to achieve exactly?

Grow up, Rochas is leaving office in less than 12 months from now.

You see, your rants can't and won't change anything

I'm glad that Rochas is proving the point that a governor is from a zone doesn't mean he will take all development projects to the zone. The Sullivan Chime's style of leadership
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
Abagworo:
Works at the ongoing underground and multilevel car park.

I don't think this project will be completed in less than 12 months, hence it's a complete waste of government resources

Rochas started a 27-general-hospital project, completed 4 and abandoned 23 others. Who did he leave them for?

Now, he has started this car park.

Yes, Rochas is public spirited, but he obviously lacks administrative and mangerial skills

PS: those twin towers have been abandoned for donkey's years. Government should buy it from the owner and convert them to something else

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2018
discusant:

This nigeria labor congress building is not finished. The landscaping have not been done. This is what we are discussing on the Enugu thread. The igbos are not incorporating landscaping in their building and construction. How can you commission an unfinished project?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 9:27pm On Apr 30, 2018
SmartPolician:

Boy, try get sense na.

Why is everyone talking about you for the wrong reasons yet you won't stop? It's not as though you have a reasonable point to prove anyway

If you are well aware that neither Rochas nor his aide read this endless rants, what do you want to achieve exactly?

Grow up, Rochas is leaving office in less than 12 months from now.

You see, your rants can't and won't change anything

I'm glad that Rochas is proving the point that a governor is from a zone doesn't mean he will take all development projects to the zone. The Sullivan Chime's style of leadership

Okorocha wants to "appoint" a surrogate to succeed him to continue with his war against Orlu.

Go to earlier pages, the rants about Okorocha's war against Orlu stopped until recently when Okorocha announced his son-in-law as his possible successor.

Owerri community tacitly supports Okorocha in his bid to "appoint" his successor to continue to reduce Imo state to become Owerri capital territory,

It's Apartheid development policy by Okorocha to continue to economically empower one of the three zones of Imo state, to the detriment of people in the other two zones.

Even Okorocha's Ideato Ideato people, except Okorocha's village in Ogboko, suffer tremendous neglect like other areas of Orlu zone, from Okorocha's Apartheid development policy.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 12:41am On May 01, 2018
discusant:

You agreed with me, and restated here that Rochas Okorocha neglected Orlu zone.

You are from Orlu zone, lol; Rochas Okorocha is also from Orlu zone.

So what is your beef again with me? Or you want to see Okorocha works in Owerri only, in a thread meant for Imo state affairs?

No body expects Okorocha to come to Nairaland. By the way, do Rochas Okorocha and team read what people write about the government?
Thanks for highlighting where I stated that I'm from orlu zone. I did that so you don't think I'm from owerri. Okorocha is not perfect. I seriously think that he's embezzling the IGR of the state. I also agree with some other people that questioned his numerous SHODDY projects. I'm very very very very angry that he built 27 general hospitas and have not opened them for business. Instead, he saw it fit to donate one of the hospitals to the nigerian military. Two things that he will forever be remembered though, is his free education, and his urban renewal projects. Those are the two most important things that any government in nigeria should embark upon definitely two of the most important in my book. It looks like he's also decided to leave a legacy in owerri by making it a city the entire igbo nation should be proud of. Owerri is the only igbo city I feel good about whenever I visit the south east. As a matter of fact, it's probably the only igbo city I'll bring any of my foreign friends to. It's pretty obvious that he's trying to use owerri as a gateway to the entire igboland because the rest of the igbo cities and towns look like shitholes (excuse my language). Now, I agree with you about few projects in orlu. Honestly though, there's no state government with the exception of Lagos, delta, rivers and akwa ibom states that have the kinds of resources that will allow them to rebuilt three cities in four or eight years time. Just like chime concentrated his development in enugu, Okorocha is doing the same in owerri. Maybe, another governor will come in and sprinkle some in okigwe and orlu. And like I said before, I'm from orlu senatorial zone ( not orlu town) but I'm not unhappy with what Okorocha is doing in owerri. I actually applaud him for being the only igbo governor that came into power AND STARTED BUILDING STUFF. I am very happy that owerri looks ten times better today than before he came into power. I might even vote for his son in law if it means continuing okorocha's BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION. The pace of his building and construction should NEVER be interrupted. The only person most likely to continue his building and construction is his son in law. We need to BUILD BUILD BUILD in igboland. I really don't CARE where the building and construction is happening, be it in agbor, asaba, portharcourt, aba, okigwe, umuahia, orlu, onitsha, nnewi, awka or owerri.

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 3:17am On May 01, 2018
Ofuzo:

Thanks for highlighting where I stated that I'm from orlu zone. I did that so you don't think I'm from owerri. Okorocha is not perfect. I seriously think that he's embezzling the IGR of the state. I also agree with some other people that questioned his numerous SHODDY projects. I'm very very very very angry that he built 27 general hospitas and have not opened them for business. Instead, he saw it fit to donate one of the hospitals to the nigerian military. Two things that he will forever be remembered though, is his free education, and his urban renewal projects. Those are the two most important things that any government in nigeria should embark upon definitely two of the most important in my book. It looks like he's also decided to leave a legacy in owerri by making it a city the entire igbo nation should be proud of. Owerri is the only igbo city I feel good about whenever I visit the south east. As a matter of fact, it's probably the only igbo city I'll bring any of my foreign friends to. It's pretty obvious that he's trying to use owerri as a gateway to the entire igboland because the rest of the igbo cities and towns look like shitholes (excuse my language). Now, I agree with you about few projects in orlu. Honestly though, there's no state government with the exception of Lagos, delta, rivers and akwa ibom states that have the kinds of resources that will allow them to rebuilt three cities in four or eight years time. Just like chime concentrated his development in enugu, Okorocha is doing the same in owerri. Maybe, another governor will come in and sprinkle some in okigwe and orlu. And like I said before, I'm from orlu senatorial zone ( not orlu town) but I'm not unhappy with what Okorocha is doing in owerri. I actually applaud him for being the only igbo governor that came into power AND STARTED BUILDING STUFF. I am very happy that owerri looks ten times better today than before he came into power. I might even vote for his son in law if it means continuing okorocha's BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION. The pace of his building and construction should NEVER be interrupted. The only person most likely to continue his building and construction is his son in law. We need to BUILD BUILD BUILD in igboland. I really don't CARE where the building and construction is happening, be it in agbor, asaba, portharcourt, aba, okigwe, umuahia, orlu, onitsha, nnewi, awka or owerri.

My friend, it's like you suggesting that a Nigerian president uses the development funds of the country to concentrate on developing Abuja as the gateway to Nigeria, so that foreigners entering Nigeria shall say Nigeria is great;

while other Nigerian cities including, your city, Owerri, wait; and remain a century of modernity behind Abuja.

It's exactly what Okorocha is playing out in State level in Imo state with his use of the federal allocations to Imo state and its local government areas in building whatever suits his fancy in Owerri,

while the lgas for whose development the federal government gives the allocations remain many centuries of modernity behind Owerri.

FYI, Rome was not built in a day, but Roman Emperors
built other Roman Empire cities like Paris, London, Damascus, Naples, etc., at the same time Rome was being built.

Sorry to burst your bubble:
1) YOU HAVE NO IOTA OF IDEA OF WHAT DEVELOPMENT OF A STATE IS ALL ABOUT.

2) I CAN BET ANYTHING TO SHOW THAT YOU ARE FROM OWERRI.

Fortunately, the votes of Owerri alone can't be enough for you people of Owerri to plant Okorocha's son-in-law to continue with your craving here that IMSG builds you a 'Tower of Babel' City in Owerri, while rest of Imo state remain nearly a century of modernity behind Owerri.

In Owerri, you don't even have pipe borne water which is the first obligation of government and necessity for a modern city. Yet you boast of urban renewal in Imo state.

That book you are writing sef... the book go get K-leg.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:15am On May 01, 2018
discusant:

I have never liked to reply you because you are a most dishonest Otimkpu for Okorocha.

The other Okorocha's Otimkpu, Abagoro, is more brilliant than you when he defends Okorocha's war against Orlu.

The roof by local iron workers you talk about is no where good near the old roof built by VAST construction which specializes in stadium construction.

Did you not see that the most expensive aspect of the stadium - Stadium seats and Floodlights - have all rotten since 2012 after Okorocha dismantled the roofs and left the stadium abandoned?

Orlu has no stadium since then, till today.

I don't like quoting you rather I prefer reacting to people who quote you. You are a liar from a pit of hell. You know I know you too well. When you started this your god knows campaign you first claimed that you are from Oru LGA now you've switched to Orlu LGA.

Before I gave my last comment, you've been claiming that Rochas dismantled the old stadium and abandoned it. Now you are claiming that the renovation and the roofing was done by local iron worker, kai, you must be sick.

The old stadium is in a good form as a standard square with beautiful designs, we all know that Rochas likes beautiful decorations. stop giving people wrong information and leave Imo state alone. Oga I know you even before you change your Facebook data to suit what you want to claim. What do you want to achieve by this?

If you are truly in Orlu town snap the old stadium and post the picture here let the house compare and know who's lying.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chri08102702694: 10:48am On May 01, 2018
I just stumbled on this post, maybe I should be checking often on this thread. I have said it severally on this thread that no useless Imolite should mention Anambra or any part of it on this useless thread filled with cow dungs. You inferior people should just focus on discussing your useless and worthless backward state without trying to tag along others particularly Anambra in whatever guise. Enjoy these pictures from your ghetto shithole town called Owerri, living in denial is a very bad disease and posting rubbish just to feel good while reality is just the opposite is even more dangerous. Enjoy your shithole cool

[s]
Ofuzo:

[/s]

7 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 11:13am On May 01, 2018
Even Achebe the literal genius spoke about how clannish Ndiigbo are. Even if the whole owerri is moved to Orlu, the isiazu will not still be satisfied. Owerri is our state capital, a collective heritage of ndi imo, others states are struggling to build a standard and world class city to attract investments and foreigners eg, eko Atlantic City, kaduna economic city etc, and you want us to spread our little resources so thin that we begin to wonder what we have done with it?
You keep talking about a central water system, I'm born and based in lagos and I schooled in Ph city, there is no central water system in these two states, you have to wake up to reality, this is Nigeria, not run by government ever survives.
Someone in an earlier post said why would someone open a roofing factory in his village, and abagworo was against him. Look let me tell you, I'm a trained economist and economics of scale helps quicken industrial development to a large extent, look at the hotel industry at owerri, as several hotels keep springing around that small city (new owerri), road expansion, electricity penetration, Population in-flux, and other business to service this hotel industries move in as well, look at avu and Umuguma that was once a forest before hand, there are real estate business booming because of the Hotel business there.
If we can build owerri to a stage of national and world acclaim, there is nothing holding imo state or south east in general from going further. Now I'm not saying other communities should be neglected, No. But emphasis should be made on owerri as the center of attraction, and used as a bait to attract investments in Imo. We need the population both foreign and local(organized market), investments(foreign) if we really want to see our home develop in our life time. Else in the next 40 years, we will still be talking about telling igbos to bring their investments home.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 12:50pm On May 01, 2018
Incredibleme:
Even Achebe the literal genius spoke about how clannish Ndiigbo are. Even if the whole owerri is moved to Orlu, the isiazu will not still be satisfied. Owerri is our state capital, a collective heritage of ndi imo, others states are struggling to build a standard and world class city to attract investments and foreigners eg, eko Atlantic City, kaduna economic city etc, and you want us to spread our little resources so thin that we begin to wonder what we have done with it?
You keep talking about a central water system, I'm born and based in lagos and I schooled in Ph city, there is no central water system in these two states, you have to wake up to reality, this is Nigeria, not run by government ever survives.
Someone in an earlier post said why would someone open a roofing factory in his village, and abagworo was against him. Look let me tell you, I'm a trained economist and economics of scale helps quicken industrial development to a large extent, look at the hotel industry at owerri, as several hotels keep springing around that small city (new owerri), road expansion, electricity penetration, Population in-flux, and other business to service this hotel industries move in as well, look at avu and Umuguma that was once a forest before hand, there are real estate business booming because of the Hotel business there.
If we can build owerri to a stage of national and world acclaim, there is nothing holding imo state or south east in general from going further. Now I'm not saying other communities should be neglected, No. But emphasis should be made on owerri as the center of attraction, and used as a bait to attract investments in Imo. We need the population both foreign and local(organized market), investments(foreign) if we really want to see our home develop in our life time. Else in the next 40 years, we will still be talking about telling igbos to bring their investments home.

The federal allocations to Owerri, the internal revenues generated by Owerri and Owerri's share of the federal allocations to Imo state are what MUST be used by IMSG to provide development infrastructures in Owerri.

Only a CLOWN would suggest that the federal allocations to Orlu, Okigwe, Oguta, Nkwerre, Ideato South and North, and the other local government areas of Imo state outside Owerri, be used by IMSG to build a Mega City in Owerri. That's exactly your suggestions here.

Well, in 2012, a professor from Owerri called gov. Rochas Okorocha a "CLOWN IN DOUGLAS HOUSE" in a widely-circulated article.

Industries attract population to a town and grow the town to a mega city. How many industries have you, an Owerri man, established in Owerri?

Thank gov. Okorocha for misusing the federal allocations of the local government areas of Imo state to build you Owerri Mega City, while the local government areas of Imo state the allocations were meant for, deteriorate and get deserted to other states, because of absence of basic modern development infrastructures.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:04pm On May 01, 2018
Ofuzo:

The sooner we stop playing self destructive politics the better for all igbos. It amazes me how some Igbos go out of their way to condemn Owerri because they hate Okorocha. Meanwhile Owerri today is one of Nigeria's most advanced cities and it happened between December 2016 and now still happening. God bless whoever sees the truth and says it the way it is.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chri08102702694: 2:08pm On May 01, 2018
Bless @AIC AKWARANDU for bringing it hot and fresh. Thank you AIC for staying above propaganda and showing us all on FB the mess called Owerri real-time and as it is without dilution. cheesy

Lemme come down first . Useless people

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 5:31pm On May 01, 2018
Chri08102702694:
Bless @AIC AKWARANDU for bringing it hot and fresh. Thank you AIC for staying above propaganda and showing us all over FB the mess called Owerri real-time and as it is. cheesy

Lemme come down first . Useless people

That PDP guy is just wasting his time

Imo State gubernatorial tussle is between APC and APGA

Nobody is seeing PDP in the equation - they don't pose a threat

PDP hasn't worked in Imo State like in Enugu State or elsewhere
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 9:43pm On May 01, 2018
discusant:

My friend, it's like you suggesting that a Nigerian president uses the development funds of the country to concentrate on developing Abuja as the gateway to Nigeria, so that foreigners entering Nigeria shall say Nigeria is great;

while other Nigerian cities including, your city, Owerri, wait; and remain a century of modernity behind Abuja.

It's exactly what Okorocha is playing out in State level in Imo state with his use of the federal allocations to Imo state and its local government areas in building whatever suits his fancy in Owerri,

while the lgas for whose development the federal government gives the allocations remain many centuries of modernity behind Owerri.

FYI, Rome was not built in a day, but Roman Emperors
built other Roman Empire cities like Paris, London, Damascus, Naples, etc., at the same time Rome was being built.

Sorry to burst your bubble:
1) YOU HAVE NO IOTA OF IDEA OF WHAT DEVELOPMENT OF A STATE IS ALL ABOUT.

2) I CAN BET ANYTHING TO SHOW THAT YOU ARE FROM OWERRI.

Fortunately, the votes of Owerri alone can't be enough for you people of Owerri to plant Okorocha's son-in-law to continue with your craving here that IMSG builds you a 'Tower of Babel' City in Owerri, while rest of Imo state remain nearly a century of modernity behind Owerri.

In Owerri, you don't even have pipe borne water which is the first obligation of government and necessity for a modern city. Yet you boast of urban renewal in Imo state.

That book you are writing sef... the book go get K-leg.
Look, I don't know how old you are, but I'm old enough to be somebody's grandfather ok. So, please don't come here and accuse me of lying about my area in imo state. I don't have time for childish games. I'm not even here to debate you on the choices made by okorocha on his developmental strides. I only came here to tell you to channel your anger against Okorocha somewhere else because this is the wrong medium for that. It should have been obvious to you by now that Okorocha could care less what you think about his priorities. Coming here everyday crying and wailing about lack of development in orlu doesn't seem to be yielding any results. I know you won't take my advice, but you should try somewhere else. Why don't you take the man to court if you think that his developmental priorities are ILLEGAL. Since you have not done that, I'll assume that you don't think you'll win the case. If you don't think you'll win the case, then the only option left for you is to vote him out. Why don't you concentrate on that since your public campaign on nairaland IS NOT YIELDING ANY FRUIT.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 10:09pm On May 01, 2018
Abagworo:

The sooner we stop playing self destructive politics the better for all igbos. It amazes me how some Igbos go out of their way to condemn Owerri because they hate Okorocha. Meanwhile Owerri today is one of Nigeria's most advanced cities and it happened between December 2016 and now still happening. God bless whoever sees the truth and says it the way it is.
EXACTLY. I call things the way I see it. If Okorocha is doing something good, I'll applaud, if he's doing something bad, I'll criticize. Same formula for everybody else except buhari because he's an exceptional case. There's no state government in nigeria that have the resources to develop everything in their state all at once. This idea that a governor of a nigerian state will come to power and rebuild all their cities and tar all the roads is nonsense. If that's possible, all the states in nigeria will be paradise. After all, Okorocha had predecessors who never accomplished such. As a matter of fact, Okorocha could have left owerri the same way he found it with minimal changes, and you could be rest assured that many people could still be applauding him. After all, obiano did not add a single structure in awka in the last five years and he just won re-election. Theordor orji absolutely did not build anything in his eight years rule in abia but his constituents promoted him to the senate.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MXrap: 11:23pm On May 01, 2018
Hehehehe

Now i know you are drunk and deserves our pity.

Now let me tell you for free. Obiano's 3yrs in office has surpassed Okoroawusa wasted 8yrs. I am ready to match you picture for picture. Show us one single completed project by Okorocha despite indebting the useless imo state to the tune of over 200billion. Today Imo state is among the worthless and useless states in Nigeria courtesy of Okorocha.

Okorocha is the worst governor to emerge from the SE since 1999.

[s]
Ofuzo:

EXACTLY. I call things the way I see it. If Okorocha is doing something good, I'll applaud, if he's doing something bad, I'll criticize. Same formula for everybody else except buhari because he's an exceptional case. There's no state government in nigeria that have the resources to develop everything in their state all at once. This idea that a governor of a nigerian state will come to power and rebuild all their cities and tar all the roads is nonsense. If that's possible, all the states in nigeria will be paradise. After all, Okorocha had predecessors who never accomplished such. As a matter of fact, Okorocha could have left owerri the same way he found it with minimal changes, and you could be rest assured that many people could still be applauding him. After all, obiano did not add a single structure in awka in the last five years and he just won re-election. Theordor orji absolutely did not build anything in his eight years rule in abia but his constituents promoted him to the senate.
[/s]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.