Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

NL Monthly Political Debate - Politics (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Monthly Political Debate (50109 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Caught Cheating In Anambra Political Debate. / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by OgbuefiNegro: 10:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
Jarus: Topic please. Saturday, December 29 is it.

Debaters/discussants and topic up for suggestion. The Igbo topic has been discarded.

yeeeeehhhhhh!!! cheesy. my favorite mod of the century - jarus.

lets discuss the oil coast people. a tribute to them and their land and the way forward to address their grievances. they have some serious legitimate concerns, most of which is not even reported in news.

to my igbo brothers, i am not a fan of your war complaints but id be glad to share in any discussion relating to healing. without being condescending, there is no doubt you need plenty of that.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by hezekiah43: 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2012
hi everyone here as i'm new in dis great forum nd consider myslf missing al dis while..glad to be amongst u guys on here as i'll be askin great interlectuals abt some question tht has nt been lucid to me which i'l love some shinnin light answers to them..here're d questions:

1. The relationship btw the
executive and the legislative arms of government in
Africa is characterised by the politics of
probendalism .
2. Comparison of the practice of direct
democracy in the ancient Greek city states especially in
Athens and the Igbo traditional political system
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2012
How about this: Is the Federal Civil Service OverPopulated? Should they be downsized?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Ngodigha1(m): 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2012
Obinoscopy: How about this: Is the Federal Civil Service OverPopulated? Should they be downsized?
Obino, am an admirer of your comments. However, am pained greatly by your lack of contributions on Igbo topics. Do you not want Igboland to move forward?.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Obino, am an admirer of your comments. However, am pained greatly by your lack of contributions on Igbo topics. Do you not want Igboland to move forward?.

grin Of course I want the best for my tribe. I try my best to engender progress, unity and love among my Igbo brothers in the things I do in real life. However the tribal insults on most tribal topics here on NL irritates me. Some unintelligent nlers just throw insults and trolls on tribal topics just because they aren't from the tribe been addressed by the topic. All thoße must stop.

However I'll do my best to contribute in my own little way on topics concerning my tribe in the nearest future. Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
For December edition, we are settling for:

Is downsizing the public/civic service needed to achieve development in Nigeria?

We need debaters.

Date: Saturday, December 29, 2012
Time: 6-9pm Nigerian time
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
I can judge that day.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
ogugua88: I can judge that day.
Ok. Marked.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 8:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
I throw my hat into the ring and i'm in support of the motion.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
I'm available to debate.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
CFCfan: I'm available to debate.

For or against?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
Jarus:

For or against?
I'm for the motion.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 12:36am On Dec 27, 2012
Jarus: For December edition, we are settling for:

Is downsizing the public/civic service needed to achieve development in Nigeria?

We need debaters.

This topic is not appealing jor. I for one ain't interested. Finishing the year with such a boring topic after two earlier explosives isn't the way to go.
Why not try this:

Seun's decision to cancel hall of shame thread on politics section; wise or daft decision. undecided

That's more like it.

5 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DuduNegro: 7:11am On Dec 27, 2012
Jarus: For December edition, we are settling for:

We need debaters.

are you serious ? undecided grin.

let me step out before i run my tongue and derail this thread.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 7:13am On Dec 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

are you serious ? undecided grin.

let me step out before i run my tongue and derail this thread.

Suggest better topic pls. Not too late
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 27, 2012
Jarus:

Other potential topics could be:
Should states have 100% control of the natural resources located in their domain?

Should Nigerian diasporeans be given the constitutional right to vote?

Should Nigeria be a 2 party democracy or a multi-party one?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by gbanikiti(m): 11:40am On Dec 27, 2012
I HATE DEBATE! angry

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by olawalebabs(m): 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
*watching from the sideline*
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by GARRIx7(m): 1:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
Who hid my POST
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by OAM4J: 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Who hid my POST

I did.

Dont want the thread derailed.

@ all

Topic Suggestions please if you dont like the current one.

I hope we are still able to have it this month else do we postpone to next month?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by esere826: 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
I thought they had fired these Jarus and OAM4J guys undecided
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
We have till end of today to decide on topic, if we are to hold one this month.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by GARRIx7(m): 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
OAM4J:

I did.

Dont want the thread derailed.

C'mon, that's a LIE. Someone suggested a topic and I told him why in my opinion that topic wouldn't ßξ Good enough...
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
Presidential or parliamentary system of government?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
I thought we had already decided on a topic.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by lateef4me(m): 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
How about this : Should state of origin be substituted for state of residence in or constitution ? I think I saw something like that on AIT .
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DuduNegro: 7:50pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jarus:

I thought part of your goal with this project is to increase awareness on national politics. There are many discussions in NASS that directly or indirectly impact lives in society. Too often we are reactive and only complain when we begin to feel the bite and pain of the laws passed in NASS. We ought to know ahead of time how a proposed bill will change our way of life and talk to it proactively. Our voice may or may not influence an outcome but If we develop this habit as a society it adds value to our total sense of civic responsibility.

Has anyone heard about HB.11.10.130 of 2012?

This House Bill is to setup a commission authorized with statutory powers for forced acquisition of land territories that will be designated "National Grazing Route". This bill was sponsored by Karimi Sunday, a member representin Yagba, Kogi State.

This grazing route is a reservation for certain qualified pastoralists. It is not open to all Nigerians and encroachment or unlicensed use can be a violation of law.

We need to discuss issues like this. You can make it a debate or discussion, thats up to you. This is just one of several insulting and offensive bills being proposed by members but I wanted to present this as an alternative idea to debating the number of civil servants on payroll.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by nduchucks: 10:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Has anyone heard about HB.11.10.130 of 2012?

This House Bill is to setup a commission authorized with statutory powers for forced acquisition of land territories that will be designated "National Grazing Route". This bill was sponsored by Karimi Sunday, a member representin Yagba, Kogi State.

This grazing route is a reservation for certain qualified pastoralists. It is not open to all Nigerians and encroachment or unlicensed use can be a violation of law.

This is just one of several insulting and offensive bills being proposed by members but I wanted to present this as an alternative idea to debating the number of civil servants on payroll.

WTF are you talking about? This is one of the most sensible bills introduced this year. Why don't you feel insulted when you are able to drive on roads because you are licensed to do so, but Fulani herdsmen who do not drive do not have access to the same roads? abeg make we hear word.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (37) (Reply)

Profile Of Justice Danladi Umar, The Judge In Charge of Saraki's Case / Ugwuanyi Hands Over Five Innoson Fire Fighting Trucks To State Fire Service / Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.