Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

NL Monthly Political Debate - Politics (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Monthly Political Debate (50691 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Caught Cheating In Anambra Political Debate. / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DuduNegro: 12:03am On Dec 28, 2012
ndu_chucks:

WTF are you talking about? This is one of the most sensible bills introduced this year. Why don't you feel insulted when you are able to drive on roads because you are licensed to do so, but Fulani herdsmen who do not drive do not have access to the same roads? abeg make we hear word.

Reserve comments. I dont know if the suggestion will be adopted or not. If it is then you can present your feelings about it. For now, I think miyetti Allah has won and it might be too late reversing the hands of clock....but I wish I can clasp my fingers around the throat of Karimi.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by nduchucks: 12:48am On Dec 28, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Reserve comments. I dont know if the suggestion will be adopted or not. If it is then you can present your feelings about it. For now, I think miyetti Allah has won and it might be too late reversing the hands of clock....but I wish I can clasp my fingers around the throat of Karimi.

Nigerians have won. Eku odun keresimesi ati Salah o. cheesy
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DuduNegro: 1:24am On Dec 28, 2012
Happy New Year in advance. wink

No comment from me on this bill. I will wait to see what topic is adopted for discussion first. cool
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by ujchief(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
I'm moving a motion for the cancellation/ postponement of the december edition, we've had a lot in our hands this december, least we present a half baked debate of low quality.
All in favour say ai. . .
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 6:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
ujchief: I'm moving a motion for the cancellation/ postponement of the december edition, we've had a lot in our hands this december, least we present a half baked debate of low quality.
All in favour say ai. . .

I have to agree.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by GARRIx7(m): 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
Jarus:

I have to agree.

LAZINESS in high places..... cheesy
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by olawalebabs(m): 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
It seems that we normally commence the planning late.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
^^^You know us na. Na so we dey prepare for August Olympics in May lol.

GARRI (x7):
LAZINESS in high places..... cheesy

It's already 28 December. The debate is supposed to hold within 24 hours and we have only two debaters who are in support of the topic.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
ogugua88: ^^^You know us na. Na so we dey prepare for August Olympics in May lol.

It's already 28 December. The debate is supposed to hold within 24 hours and we have only two debaters who are in support of the topic.

The topic itself makes me puke.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
Demdem:

The topic itself makes me puke.

Why does it make u puke? Is it too boring?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
CFCfan:

Why does it make u puke? Is it too boring?

Demdem:

This topic is not appealing jor. I for one ain't interested. Finishing the year with such a boring topic after two earlier explosives isn't the way to go.
Why not try this:

Seun's decision to cancel hall of shame thread on politics section; wise or daft decision. undecided

That's more like it.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DuduNegro: 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
ogugua88: ^^^You know us na. Na so we dey prepare for August Olympics in May lol.

its not set in stone that it has to be a debate; a discussion is just as good.

personally, i believe the objective of the monghly exercise has changed from what it was initially proclaimed to be and no one beside maybe jarus really know from one month to next what to expect out of it.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 9:39am On Dec 30, 2012
Demdem:

This topic is not appealing jor. I for one ain't interested. Finishing the year with such a boring topic after two earlier explosives isn't the way to go.
Why not try this:

Seun's decision to cancel hall of shame thread on politics section; wise or daft decision. undecided

That's more like it.

I wonder what's your definition of 'explosive' or 'boring'. But I do know the issue of downsizing the civil service did cause an uproar when it was suggested by Sanusi with people taking sides in the argument.

Bear it in mind that the essence of these debates is to encourage intellectualism, to enlighten the populace and to bring about human empowerment and national development. Any topic that won't achieve such should not be encouraged. Thank you.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
Obinoscopy:

I wonder what's your definition of 'explosive' or 'boring'. But I do know the issue of downsizing the civil service did cause an uproar when it was suggested by Sanusi with people taking sides in the argument.

Bear it in mind that the essence of these debates is to encourage intellectualism, to enlighten the populace and to bring about human empowerment and national development. Any topic that won't achieve such should not be encouraged. Thank you.

That we have redundant civil servants that does nothing is an undebatable fact.
That we have to get rid of these ones and make the service much more efficient is also a fact.
I doubt if peeps were neccesary against the message but the messager itself. That lies the problem then.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
Demdem:

That we have to get rid of these ones and make the service much more efficient is also a fact.
I doubt if peeps were neccesary against the message but the messager itself. That lies the problem then.

U are entitled to ur opinion. However it would be wrong to say that your opinion is undebatable.

Granted we have inefficiency in our civil service, but what we need to do is make the civil service more efficient by removing those lazy ones and replacing them with hardworking and intelligent ones rather than sacking half of the civil servants.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
Obinoscopy:

U are entitled to ur opinion. However it would be wrong to say that your opinion is undebatable.

Granted we have inefficiency in our civil service, but what we need to do is make the civil service more efficient by removing those lazy ones and replacing them with hardworking and intelligent ones rather than sacking half of the civil servants.

Whether half, three quarters or one third, its immaterial to me as long as dead woods are flushed out completely and efficiency put in play. i dont think we should start debating that.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
Demdem:

Whether half, three quarters or one third, its immaterial to me as long as dead woods are flushed out completely and efficiency put in play. i don't think we should start debating that.

You've said it the right way! You don't THINK we shld be debating that. You are entitled to ur own opinion, as a matter of fact everybody is.

Saying that downsizing the civil service is undebatable is very wrong and unscholarly

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2012
Obinoscopy:

You've said it the right way! You don't THINK we shld be debating that. You are entitled to ur own opinion, as a matter of fact everybody is.

Saying that downsizing the civil service is undebatable is very wrong and unscholarly

I appreciate ur liberal posture however am not that kind. Dead woods should be uprooted and this may eventually lead to a reduction in the service.
I never said those that want to debate it shouldnt go ahead, i just feel its a waste of time debating the obvious.

Demdem:

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by ujchief(m): 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
Ladies and gentlemen, the debate did finally take place. Demdem trashed it out with Obinoscopy, with Demdem suporting the motion for a downcut in civil service and Obinoscopy against the motion.
Its an in-house debate, no moderator, no judge, no frontpage. The audience are allowed to throw in their comments, questions and most especially, score the debators.
Thanksgrin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
Lolz

@ujuchief, u mustn't be sarcastic all d time in dis thread u know smiley
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
ujchief: Ladies and gentlemen, the debate did finally take place. Demdem trashed it out with Obinoscopy, with Demdem suporting the motion for a downcut in civil service and Obinoscopy against the motion.
Its an in-house debate, no moderator, no judge, no frontpage. The audience are allowed to throw in their comments, questions and most especially, score the debators.
Thanksgrin

u arent serious jor grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by NegroNtns(m): 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
Obinoscopy:

Nice response but In the midst of everything else going on at moment, this ranks low on priority and has less direct impact to the social value. We should sponsor topics that has high social visibility.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 11:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
I want to thank and appreciate Jarus for holding forth thus far as far as the monthly debates are concerned. It's a lot of work i tell you.

I think we should start preparing for the January debates. Pls let's keep the suggestions for this month's topic coming.

What do you guys think about "Should State of Origin be replaced with State of Residence?"

2 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2013
afam4eva: I want to thank and appreciate Jarus for holding forth thus far as far as the monthly debates are concerned. It's a lot of work i tell you.

I think we should start preparing for the January debates. Pls let's keep the suggestions for this month's topic coming.

What do you guys think about "Should State of Residence be replaced with State of Origin?"

I like this topic. Let's see if we will have more yeas.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by ujchief(m): 6:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
The federal character (quota system): shouldn't we delibrate on
The pros and cons of it?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
afam4eva: I want to thank and appreciate Jarus for holding forth thus far as far as the monthly debates are concerned. It's a lot of work i tell you.

What do you guys think about "Should State of Residence be replaced with State of Origin?"

I don't seem to get ur topic: State of Residence be replaced with State of Origin: where? In our constitution? Pls clarify, thanks.

@ujuchief, nice topic for debate
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
Obinoscopy:

I don't seem to get ur topic: State of Residence be replaced with State of Origin: where? In our constitution? Pls clarify, thanks.
That was a mistake on my part. It's the other way around. I've corrected it.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by manny4life(m): 5:49am On Jan 06, 2013
Support the topic with a YEAH

I would even argue for the motion grin grin grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 07, 2013

What do you guys think about "Should State of Origin be replaced with State of Residence?"
I support the motion in bold. How do we sign up to become one of the debaters?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 6:13am On Jan 07, 2013
Shollypopz:
I support the motion in bold. How do we sign up to become one of the debaters?
As soon as a topic is picked.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by olawalebabs(m): 7:06am On Jan 07, 2013
Afam, I think we have enough support for the topic now.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
olawalebabs: Afam, I think we have enough support for the topic now.

Yea we do. I suggest we go on to the next stage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (37) (Reply)

Don’t Mislead Nigerians’ – Dangote Denies Selling Fuel To NNPCL At N898/litre / PDP Merges With Over 30 Others, Form Mega Party (CUPP) / Biafra: What Senate Will Do About Military Action On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.