Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

#DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ (19450 Views)

What Is The Ideal Number Of Rounds Of Sex A Man Should Go? / Things Every Man Should Learn To Do / Weekend Debate: A Man Is Right To Assert His. . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2012
dont8: Wasn't around since yesterday to counter your arguments, cheesy unfortunately again, I wont be around till evening time.

Yeah, yeah! You shot your own foot using biblical references that I found contradicted your arguments. Kandikane warned using religious books as a source of your opinion. wink

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Scared? tongue tongue tongue

It is a matter of opinion but whatever. wink

scared MBJ? naaaaah....... but simply concerned that such an easy debate for the contributing team to win, is slowly falling out of our hands.
but hey, pairing me with you would make the next round easier for me as your intial post is very easy to debunk.

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ scared? naaaaah....... but simply concerned that such an easy debate for the contributing team to win, is slowly falling out of our hands.
but hey, pairing me with you would make the next round easier for me as your intial post is very easy to debunk.

Buahahhahahhahaha. Dream big boo. kiss kiss
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2012
awww... am out..
hmm.. I had fun arguing with MrBrownJay especially on my 1st reply to his post..

Well...well, MrBrownJAY!! smiley smiley
We'll meet some other time..

Goodluck to my team mates smiley

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2012
acidosis™:
awww... am out..
hmm.. I had fun arguing with MrBrownJay especially on my 1st reply to his post..

Well...well, MrBrownJAY!! smiley smiley
We'll meet some other time..

Goodluck to my team mates smiley

lol, i wanted to reply to your second post, but since it wouldnt have scored me any valuable points, i will do so after the debate is over, as there are clear holes in what you wrote........ but you tried sha!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ayobase(m): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2012
@@clears his face again@@
So, Im still in!
Mrs. Chima?
Hmmm!
Mr. Moderator, when is the deadline for this round cos Im gonna be in church from 5 till around 8!

sexkillz: Cumulative Scores.

Supporting Team:

MRbrownJAY = 192.5
Ayobase = 142
Dont8 = 139.75
Bennyraz = 117.75

Opposing team:

Uj sizzle = 187.9
Mrs Chima = 174
Candygosh = 166.75
Acidosis = 162.75

Pairing

MRbrownJAY vs Uj sizzle

Ayobase vs Mrs Chima

Dont8 vs Candygosh

Debaters are to reply only to the person they have been paired with.

You are entitled to only 3 posts addressing the issue. The fourth and subsequent posts you make addressing the issue will not be put into consideration.

You are free to engage your opponent quoting and dissecting their arguments from the previous round and also make a convincing conclusion in your last post. . .

The 3rd round has been declared open. . .

Acidosis and Bennyraz have been eliminated for lowest points from both groups. . .

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by cowgurl: 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2012
On a serious note, I enjoyed reading through this round and I got to realise I owe my team mates an apology for not putting in my best (cos am definitely better than what I wrote on here).

Well done contestants and to the contestants on the next round, the very best.

2 Likes

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2012
Moderator i ask permission to post my rebuttal later tonight; my power is out and lappy's flat. If the usual pattern's followed then it'll be restored by 11pm. I'll endeavour to make my post before tomorrow. Judges i plead that you all be patient with your scores till tomorrow. Thank you.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 14, 2012
Sorry for the delay (this is sunday afterall), here is MBJ's post against Uj-sizzle initial post:

Good evening Moderator, Panel of Judges, Viewers. I am here to oppose the motion “A Man Is Right to Assert His Superiority/Authority in a Relationship”.
Before I proceed any further I will like to define some key words for the sake of clarity. English mini dictionary gives the following definitions for ‘Right, Assert, Superiority, and Authority’.

Indeed for the sake of clarity, let us all define a few key words here........ but instead of using some less known dictionary, let us all use a more appropriate dictionary such as the OXFORD one.

Right:
1. Morally good or justified.
2. Factually correct.

RIGHT:
1. Morally good, justified, or acceptable.
2. True or correct as a fact.
3. In a satisfactory, sound, or normal state or condition.

Assert:
Exercise one’s rights.

ASSERT:
1. State a fact or belief confidently and forcefully.

Superiority:
1. To be of higher status, quality.
2. To think oneself better than others.

SUPERIORITY:
1. The state of being superior.
2. A supercilious manner or attitude.

Authority:
The power to order and enforce obedience.

AUTHORITY:
1. the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience.
2. a person or organization having political or administrative power and control.
3. the power to influence others, especially because of one’s commanding manner or one’s recognized knowledge about something.

So from the onset of this debate, we can all understand that Uj-Sizzle chose to pick the definition that suited her team's agenda, rather than to objectively look at each of these words, and their possible meaning........ And subsequently, she assumed wrongly.

Following these definitions I can assume that the proposition implies that a man by evidence of facts and morality can assume a position of higher status and a feeling of exaggerated importance in a relationship having the power to enforce obedience by way of influence and physical strength. This I stand to disagree with.

If Uj-Sizzle had the proper definition for these words, she would have instead written:
Following these definitions, I can assume that it would be satisfactory or sound (in marriage), for a man to assume A STATE of being superior, and to have the right or power to make decisions, for the good of that said union.

It is of importance to note that for an action to be termed as ‘right’ it must have evidence of fact and moral justification.

The evidence is there for all to see, and in order for anyone to understand how such action can be described as "right", they should simply look at marriages. Today's married people are different from the ones of the past, therefore as much as women of the past willingly GAVE such authority to men (thus making marriages of the past highly successful and long lasting), some women of today believe that they should have as much authority as men in marriage. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but sadly such state of mind can only bring CHAOS etc to a union, and thus the reason why so many marriages fail today. It certainly is NOT wrong, for men of today, to try to copy the model of which the successful marriages of the past have been built/based upon.

There can only be ONE person at the head of marriage, and it could well be a woman if society did not look down on such action. So, due to society's outlook on women having authority in their marriages, I fully understand why a man would want to assert authority in marriage (in order for society to fully respect that said union).

Also, there is plenty of evidence to back up the claim that men have had authority in marriage from generations and generations, and since the model of today's marriages are based on these successful marriages of the past, then this is all the moral justification needed for a person wanting to assert their authority/superiority in marriage.

A relationship is a connection between two people. For a relationship to exist there has to be an understanding between both party each having their individual responsibility, with both working together to sustain it.

And why should it automatically be wrong if ONE of the many responsibilities of a man would be to gather all the information/duty provided by the WHOLE family, and make decisions (or have the ultimate say) on the important matters? Having authority in marriage is a responsibility in itself, as many will be quick to let you know that it is not easy in this day and age.

For a man to totally assume that his role is of more importance than his partner’s is completely unacceptable.

Of course it wouldn't be acceptable, but that is not the point here. why does Uj-sizzle assumes that a man with authority automatically has more importance than a woman? his role is simply to do his duties, and when all is set and done, to take important decisions, "IF" misunderstandings arise. Uj-sizzle failed to understand that many men have authority in marriage and NEVER have to implement it, simply because there are NO misunderstandings in that said marriage. Authority should/will only be used when rightfully needed.

Yes, there are some men out there that will abuse their authority in marriage, but that shouldn't be a reason for women of today to dismiss a model that has been very successful for generations, and exchange it for something, that we can clearly see today, is failing miserably. It would make more sense for women to demand authority (aka to be in charge of the ultimate decision in marriage), rather than asking to have two heads of the family, which we all know can NEVER work.

Most people will agree that without a willing cooperation on both sides a relationship is bound to fail. In the marital strata women have been known to contribute their fair share of time and energy in their relationships.

again, Uj-sizzle assumes that a man having authority in marriage means that his partner's cooperation in that union is void. Furthermore, nobody claimed that women contribute less than men, or that they are less important in marriages than men, we are simply saying that there may come a time when a choice has to be made about certain issues in that union, and there needs to be a clear understanding on who will make the ultimate decision, for the good of the family, and with consideration of their partner's input.

In intimate relationships that exists outside marriage it is completely difficult to find a man who is willing to have a girlfriend he’s spending money on without expecting some benefits in return.

- What has money spent in relationships got to do with the subject at hand?!
- Is these men's sole contribution MONEY?
- If a man contributes ANYTHING in a relationship, shouldnt he expect SOMETHING in return? what about a "thank you for your contribution"?
anyway let us not derail this thread and continue on with the topic at hand.........

Taking a journey down history, women have been treated as the inferior and less important sex, and within their relationships taken as slaves rather than companions.

Ask any of your married grandparents/great-grandparent if they felt inferior, less important sex, or being used as slaves rather than companion....... and I am sure you will learn something on the subject. Most were truly happy and that's why they stayed in their respective marriage. The problem is that you are trying to evaluate the relationships of the past with your today's mind. Back in the days, most women were not employed, or worked outside the home, and their duties was to care for the children/family home, cook and clean etc, and there was nothing wrong with that. Men had authority and everything was seemingly good. I understand that women of today want to do what men from back in the days did, BUT YOU HAVE TO ASK THE IMPORTANT QUESTION: do you think that marriages will be as successful today, if there is no clear designated head of the family (like there was back in the days)?! I highly doubt it, as this is the FOUNDATION as to why marriages were so successful back then.......... remove that and most marriage would crumble for petty reasons, like they do today.

But following the international women conference of the 1800’s an act was enacted for the equality of the sexes and today the world and especially the family is reaping the benefits. Within Nigeria, women have always played a significant role in their families as custodians and builders. They have worked alongside their men; earned wages and these wages accepted as a contribution to their relationships, have nurtured and cared for their men bringing to mind a popular saying that “behind a successful man is a woman”, this goes to emphasize the importance of a woman in a relationship.

"BEHIND a successful man is a woman"....... behind, not alongside? if equality is the name of the game here then such woman should be alongside a man. Unfortunately, we all know that such school of thought can never work, and that's why, EVEN WHEN EQUAL in their contributions in marriage, a woman's place is better observed "behind" a man. This is the society we live in and I doubt anyone will be able to change that in our lifetime.

Taking a drift to religion, my opponents may argue that they have divine authority to assert superiority and authority but I beg to differ. Let us take a look at creation and the divine mandate.
Genesis 1:28
“And God blessed them (male and female). And God said to them, ‘…subdue the earth and have dominion over everything that moves’. “

Genesis 2:24
“…and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”

Can anyone be kind enough to point out where any of these scriptures specifically says a man is to have superiority (dominion) and authority (subdue) over his partner? It does not in anywhere state that but instead encourages unity and equality (becoming one flesh) in a relationship.

I think you are talking about a different Bible from the one I am acquainted with, so I will ask if you are talking about the same Bible that looks down on women, the bible that is very specific about the woman's role vs the man role in marriage, the bible that specifically quote that women are inferior in marriages? as I previously stated, bringing the Bible to such discussion is like shooting yourself in the foot, and therefore I will not bring specific Bible scriptures in order to keep this debate on the right track.

Every man seeks a companion out of an innate need for a helper and a friend. Do you go about treating a friend like a slave or do you treat her like an equal knowing she is adding value to you? Any man seeking to express his natural desire to possess and subdue will be better off acquiring a pet.

Again, we can see that Uj-sizzle believes that a man, who has the ultimate say in marriage, is automatically treating his partner like a slave. Why are people so quick to assume that having authority means that you will treat people unfairly? Why does Uj-sizzle automatically assumes that men have a natural desire to possess and subdue women? We can now understand that these wrong assumptions about men may be the reason why there is a quick rebellious feel (from women) about this men authority debate. A man can have authority and STILL treat his partner with the upmost respect, just like wives deserve to be treated.

I hope in subsequent rounds to fully convince you without a trace of doubt that a man is not right either by reason, law or divinity to assert his superiority and authority in a relationship.
Thank you.

The important question that Uj-sizzle needs to ask herself is:"Would it be morally good, justified or ACCEPTABLE, for a man to BELIEVE CONFIDENTLY that having the power to make the ultimate decisions in marriage, is best for that said marriage?!

2 Likes

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2012
To the moderator and judges : Am so sorry i had modelling casting today so been kinda way too busy to know I had qualified for the next round and my fone is low
So am very sorry I won't be able to make my post today. Hopefully tonyt or if not tumao morn'g if I get ma fone.charged.

AccEpT ma sincere APoloGies plS
Thank you
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ayobase(m): 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2012
Mr. Moderator, Im done with my write up againt Mrs. Chima's first post. But after quoting and countering, I discovered that it can't fit in into a box as A post (i.e. it exceeded the number of characters)
What should I do?
Should I still go ahead even if when A post is gonna be taking two posting boxes.
I guess u can undertand with my being so explicit!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ayobase(m): 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2012
Good evening Mrs Chima.
Moderator, Panel of Judges, Co-debaters, Nairlanders, and Guests. I acknowledge you all.
Mrs..Chima:
Good morning ladies and gentles, thank you for allowing me to express my logic contribution for this debate. I hope that you find my contribution logical and factual.

The moderator asked, “ A man should assert his authority and superiority in a relationship". What relationship? Marriage? Courtship? Intimate encounter? Some debaters will say that it is a God’s given right and in religious doctrines that a man should hold authority over his household albeit confusing “head” with superiority.
Mrs. Chima, superiority is one of the characteristics of the ''Head'' which is synonymous to Man.
Mrs..Chima:

I am not a religious person but I have read the bible and other religious books. According to the Bible, a man that leaves his mother and father cleaved to his wife and become “one”. How can a man hold superiority over his wife if he is “one” with his wife? Does that sound logical to you? I think not, ladies and gentlemen.

Mrs. Chima, sorry to say, and not to be rude. Most of your conclusions are rather illogical.
''Im not religious'', that was your confession. So, how do you know about what you talked about. Wrongly preaching what you don't practice/understand.
A woman like you brought predicament upon mankind. Eve is her name, just because her husband couldn't play his authority asserting role upon her, but being emotional, and exhibiting I-don't-want-to-hurt-her-feeling syndrome.
We wouldn't have been in this mess today if Adam had rebuked his wife, Eve from the beginning.
We all knew how the story ended. Adam was held responsible, and not Eve.
A Man and Woman becoming one is not an issue. Only ''one'' voice is required in a family. It becomes rowdy with ''two'' voices, when both speak en bloc. A man is loving, caring, courteous and undertanding despite being superior. Thats one the beauties of Man. He surely listens to his wife (she is not deaf and dumb) complaints and contibutions, but he concludes by drawing the curtains. And when he does, he does! The woman dares not question him. How will she even question a sound conclusion/judegement.
God is not the author of confusion, and He wouldnt support either.
Sarah would have got Abraham killed/lynched if she didn't follow his stupid-like instruction. Unsic, ''....don't tell them you are my Wife, but my Sister.....''
You might ask, ''Why are you using scenarios from the Bible?'' Yes, Im using them because they are the most archaic, and originality in their courses.
Besides, History embedded in the Bible.
''You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free''. Truth is the Bible. So, I don't know why someone will say ''Lets not bring religion or God into this matter.'' when our lives revolve round about it knowingly or unknowingly (rather consciously or uncousciously)
Mrs..Chima:

According to the synonyms of superiority, it means better, excellence, top, dominance, supremacy, and perfection. With these examples, why would a loving and spiritual imperfect man claims such adjectives that solidify his belittling attitude toward his wife?

We are not ''imperfect'' if superiority means better, excellence, top, dominance, supremacy, and 'perfection'.
We are termed ''imperfect'' by woman due to our harsh, and corrective steps taken as a result of of the woman's misbehaviour(s).
No wonder, seeing women that are supposed to be married still single is no more surprising. Even the single parents. The ''punch bags'' also. Go and ask about them, most lack submissiveness. They want to talk while the Man is talking. They don't want to be submissive.
Gender Equality is now the order of the day. Can you imagine! The woman that should be at home preparing food for her Man that has gone out since dawn to provide for the family was busy carrying placard amongst other disobedient and rude Woman on the streets of Nigeria, protesting for Gender Equality. What a priority in its misplacement!
Was she not to be at home asserting the asserted authority of the Man on the children, and the upkeeping of the home for a secured tomorrow!
How won't we be having 'faulty' children as leaders of tomorrow due to 'faulty' homes as a result of a 'faulty' women!
No wonder some men are always eager to have a teacher as a wife, instead of those priority-misplaced ones in the Senate House, House of Representative et al. Some are even Ministers. Tell me, what have they contributed so far. Even Sirleaf of Liberia is not excluded.
''We can manage our homes and public offices without any problem'' they managed to say. You will understand better if you have watched the seasonal movie ''Commander-in-chief''. A typical example. Try watch it!

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ayobase(m): 10:49pm On Oct 14, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

.....how do humans respond to individuals that demonstrate arrogance, which means exaggerated self-opinion? We show contempt, resistance, objection, and resentment toward arrogant individuals.
Arrogance and superiority both have similar traits in attitude, mentality, behavior, and speech. How can men who demonstrate superiority over his wife expect his wife to respond like a loving wife?
Don't even try mixing kerosene and water.
Arrogance is associated with exaggeration, while Superiority is associated with factual reality.
Arrogance is artificial, but Superiority is naturally endowed.
A woman can decide to be arrogant, but Superior!
Mrs..Chima:
I believe highly in an eye for an eye. Treat me how you want to be treated. Simple.

''An eye for an eye''. Thats what the Court as a tool of Civilization is also preaching in this regard. You and I know that things were in order before the Court of Law as a structure was enacted. I have said it, not all what Civilization introduced are good. That a mobile phone is good doesn't make Nuclear weapon good, and that the Internet is okay, doesn't mean that Gender Equality is sound for the purpose of driving a family as a unit, and the society at large.
You are not being treated like a slave, neither like a child, but like a helper!
I still don't know how you want me to treat you again o.
Mrs..Chima:

....... I am the neck to my husband, which means supporter and second opinion. My husband knows his role as the head and I know my role as the neck. The head can’t move without the neck, and the neck can’t move without the head and without each other, the house in itself stand divided. We do not make any affecting decisions without each other and if we would to live in a house where the head has superiority and authority over the house, such marriage will not flourish. It can’t flourish if there is no support from one another. It is like a parent trying to coddle a rebellious child.

Of course, the end result is going to be a rebellious child in a family where the woman claims to be the neck controlling the head, Man.
''The Man is the head, and the Woman is the neck'' is one of Gender Equality's inscribes on one of those placards as a propaganda. Are you telling me that the Woman controls the Man. How? The turning head due to the twisting neck? You did make me laugh Mrs. Chima.
Add the prefix ''il'' to logical. Yes, thats what that saying is all about..
Im not surprised since some sayings are induced for selfish purpose.
Mrs..Chima:

My opposing argument is simple this, a man can assert his role as the man of the house, but he can’t assert authority and superiority over his house because his wife isn’t his child. An imperfect man can’t be better or superior over another imperfect human being. Some debaters will assert that the bible said men are to assert this and that but in Ephesians 5 (KJV), it said wives submit to thy husbands as he SUBMIT TO CHRIST as Christ is the head of the church. Husbands love they wife as Christ love the church.
In Galatians (KJV), it said love is kind, gentle, longsuffering, patience, understanding, and joy. According to the love definition, how can men who submit to Christ say that he loves his wife with superior attitude?

''A man can assert his role'', you confessed. What is the role of a man, if not to set down rules. And rules are meant are to be obeyed. In a nutshell, you simply said a Man is Right to Assert His Authority in a Relationship. Can you see that you can't run away from the truth. You are a free woman, but pretending not to be.
Get that scritures right, and don't misinterpret with ur 'unreligious' understanding.
''wives submit to thy husbands as he SUBMIT TO CHRIST as Christ is the head of the church. Husbands love thy wives as Christ loves the church.''
What happens to the husband if he refuses to submit to Christ's (Creator's) commands? What happens to him will surely happen to the Woman if she refuses to submit to her Husband. The outcome wouldnt't be a palatable one though.
Love is a broad topic, but to break it dowm for you. There are 3 MAJOR types, and plus 1.
-Ero Love: Between lovers. Romance. Erotic.
-Philia: The one we are sharing on here. Friendhsip.
-Agape: God's. Unconditional one.
-Storge: Affection.
As you stated ''In Galatians (KJV), it said love is kind, gentle, longsuffering, patience, understanding, and joy. According to the love definition, how can men who submit to Christ say that he loves his wife with superior attitude?''.
That sort of love is not Eros or Philia, and neither is it Storge, but Agape.
Even though the four share these ''kind, gentle, longsuffering, patience, understanding, and joy'' in common, but not distinct to Eros, but Agape. Just as Head is not the same as Superiority, but sharing ''better, excellence, top, dominance, supremacy, and perfection'' in common.
Mrs..Chima:
I am glad I am blessed with a husband that understand the true meaning of love, respect, understanding, and “one”.
Thank you ladies and gentlemen.
He understands the true meaning of love, respect, understanding, and ''one'' because you are submissive. Try an experiment!
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ayobase(m): 11:00pm On Oct 14, 2012
Mr. Moderator, I took your silence as 'go ahead'.
Im using phone, and number of characters I guess is limited on phone compared to laptop.
Mrs. Chima, ready to dissect me?
Im seeing you!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 1:08am On Oct 15, 2012
ayobase: (Amidst Laughter) Believe me, I was tempted to copy and paste from MrBrown's and don8's....good points they have there.....Kudos!
That would be copyright though, and not allowed.
(Looking sternly) Before coming on here tonight, I asked three (3) of my girlfriends this same question. Their response? You can guess.
Read what my Mother said also.
''Son, as far as I am concerned, a woman that wouldn't submit to her Lord, husband is not godly. She is not born again. Or rather still a kid to know what marriage entails, and........''. Thats my mother response. I did call her over some issues, and decided to chip in the question after our main discussion. My Mother? I love her for one thing. She will never compromise. What is not is not. Don't even try to explain it. A believer to the core she has been, and I pray that God will see through to the end.
''Do you think you children would have enjoyed a peaceful home if I didn't decide to be submissive to your father''. That wasn't a question as it sounded, but emphasizing. My mother's history before she met my Dad is a chapter for another day.
Thats just by the way.
Well before I go on and on, I will like you to know this guy rapping, rather than calling him Mummy's Boy (Laughs). I remain my humble self, Comrade Ayobase.
And without forgetting to acknowledge and honour the presence of the (amidst smiling) Moderator, Panel Of Judges, Co-debaters, Nairalanders, Guests, also Sexkillz for turning things around here, and Seun for the creation of this platform to convey our constructive views to the global village.
Im here to support the notion to be justly dealt with tonight, ''A Man Is Right to Assert His Superiority/Authority in a Relationship''.
Pls I will like us to get one thing clear based on the definition from dictionary. We are all familiar with those words making up the topic. But not to bore you, I will pick the suitable ones from the multiple definitions of each word.
-Man: A husband or a lover
-Right: Morally right and acceptable.
-Assert: State a fact or belief confidently.
-Superiority: higher status or taking oneself better than others.
-Authority: The power or right to give orders and enforce obedience.
-Relationshsip: Marriage
From this definition, I can synonymously say ''A Husband is Morally Right and Acceptable to Confidently state his Facts and Beliefs because he is of Higher Status in the Marriage and/because he should give orders and enforce Obedience in the Marriage.''
Im very sure I have been able to convince you with that. But resting my fingers here might leave some confused.
The way the Husband handles his wife (putting the house in order or chaos), will surely tell on the Child(ren)'s upbringing. Remember an adage that says ''Good child is for the father, and the bad one for the mother''.
And you all can attest to it that what the child meets on arrival is what he/she is gonna build on. Just like what you and I built on on our arrival. What do you want your children to meet on their arrival? Orderliness or Chaos?
The ball is in your court.
Lest I forgot to add, Man came first, while the woman follows, although there is freedom of speech for everyone in EVERY relationship, but the man has more authority and right to assert it (what makes me a man then if not that). And a WISE woman shouldnt allow familiarity to bring about RUDENESS to her man. Out of defensive sentiments displayed in relationship by the women, a WEAK man would tend to compromise his ego to allow peace to prevail, but eventually making dormant WHAT MAKES UP A MAN, and which will cause HAVOC later in the home (Indiscipline and Disobedience in the home from the wife down to the Children) A woman who wants her man to perform his responsibilities BETTER in the M-A-R-R-I-A-G-E should allow him to assert his authority while she remains S-U-B-M-I-S-S-I-V-E. A WISE wife wouldn't counter or overrule her husband's pieces of advice, or rather rules, and neither will the man, but by pleading, teasing, undertstanding, and of course being ROMANTIC......pls note, this is not a case of Master to Slave relationship. It (i.e. Marriage) is for the mature in mind!
A ''Young, wild and free'' lady is no fit for a submissive wife. Even ''Old, wild and free''!
Man - Ego = Woman!
To crown it all, our Heavenly Father used Apostle Paul to tell the Women to be submissive to their husbands. And not forgetting that we, the husbands also have more important roles to play in their lives since we became their Fathers, Lovers, Friends, Teachers, and Husbands!
Without even asking you, and plus the rapt attention you gave reading this, coupled with no grumbling or murmuring, Im so sure that I have been able to persuade you that ''A Husband is Morally Right and Acceptable to Confidently state his Facts and Beliefs because he is of Higher Status in the Marriage and/because he should give orders and enforce Obedience in the Marriage.''
Thank you.

God Bless Us All.....We meet in the second round!
Ohh, boy see as I dey sweat for here....true true, ''No be small thing o''

Good morning Mr. Ayobase.

Pardon me for being intrusive but you have mentioned that you asked three of your girlfriends for their opinions regarding this motion. I respectfully decline the offer to guess bearing in mind what can three single ladies (that you haven’t felt moved enough to propose to any them) tell me, a married woman who is not a newlywed about the experience of marriage? Exactly sir.

Mr. Ayobase, your mother sounds like a lovely lady and allow me to eloquently address her statement regarding Lord, Husband, and not being godly. I asked a friend of mine who is a pastor of his church about what your mother said. He told me that God is a jealous God and it is specified in the tenth commandment that Christians shouldn’t worship any gods but the Almighty.

I asked him if calling husbands, lord is putting gods before God? He responded yes and in fact when breaking one commandment, you have caused transgressions of the law therefore committed an ungodly act. Hmm.

I respect your mother’s right to live her life however she sees fit as so much you or anyone doesn’t know what goes on behind closed doors. That sir is a different matter for a different day.
After reading your initial motion, I am not convinced that a man has a right to assert his superiority nor authority in any style of relationships. You can only narrate dinner table conversations shared between your three girlfriends, non-religious mother, and unpublished rap album you were trying to articulate.

Are you certain that you understand Ephesians 5 thoroughly as a Christian male? Were you asleep when your Sunday school teacher elaborated Genesis and the creation of mankind? Do you understand Galatians’ definition of love? Did you read the information with thy own understanding or discernment of the Holy Spirit? It appears that I have bombarded you with indicative questions however it is important to know if you are speaking from common sense or with a feeding spoon. Sometimes we have the tendency to repeat something spoon-fed without concrete knowledge of our consumption.

A husband has moral right to enforce obedience in his marriage according to whom? During the old days, non-traditional families were heard of and standard marriage consisted of a man, a woman, and future children. Nowadays, a typical relationship may have two women or men partnership. Who is the “husband” in a lesbian marriage? Who is the “husband” in a gay marriage?

I hope you are not talking from a biblical reference because even your religious book said Christians should follow the laws of the land and in some lands, homosexuality marriages are acceptable.

Women in some parts of India are allowed to have more than one husband and pay the groom price. It was mentioned on the supporting team, that men pay bride prices therefore should assert authority and superiority over the bride.

Should the woman in India that pay groom price assert her authority and superiority over her husband(s)? Some chauvinistic males and demure women would say “such absurdity nevertheless”, but I would no more absurd than a woman submitting to a religious man that treat his wife like a Nobel Peace ashewo.

The adage, “Good child is for the father, and the bad one for the mother” is the funniest thing I have ever heard! There are single mothers and fathers all over the world and many of them came from failed marriages and spousal deaths. Do we hold them accountable for the behaviors of their children because they are not in a marriage?

Do you think children from martial relationships are superior to children in single parenting relationships? I have a friend who is married and she is submissive to her husband to the core. If her husband say “jump”, she say “how high sir” and she loves her children dearly to the point where she is willing to endure constant beatings and can die any moment now. She is teaching her daughters no matter what submit to this type of man to no fault and her son doesn’t respect her. The little boy is turning out to be like his father and abuse her as well. Is it the mother’s fault that her son is “bad”?

This is a Christian family’s persona story and the husband love reciting the verse, “wives submit to thy husbands” while embracing her face with shattering blows. She live sin fear of a man who she submits to and treat her as if she is a baby machine. What her husband doesn’t know she had a miscarriage not too long ago and if she continues to submit to an abusive male who is a Christian and loves the Lord, she will soon join her unfortunate baby.

Is this what a man of such authority and superiority asserts order in his home by creating voluntary chaos? An imperfect man who thinks that he is above the law and God that he can disobey the instruction of a Christian husband from your religious book.

You stated that man came first and women follows, I presume you quoted the statement from your religious book. Now take a walk with me as I paint a visual picture for clarity. “Let there be light and night and day was formed on the first day, animals, water, vegetation, air, land, and man was created by the time HE rested. Man named all the creation before his eyes and was alone. “A man should never be alone”, a woman was created from the side. She became his helpmate and became one with man.

I like math, do you? 1+1=2, 1+0=1, and 2-1=1. My husband and I were individuals that represent 1 before marriage, we joined forces as 1 after marriage, and if my husband decides to become superior and assert authority then we would become 2 minus 1. There is a significant difference between authority and leadership. It is his role to assert leadership but not his right to assert authority for he is not superior over me nor I am superior over him for we are one.

It was said by a member of your supporting team that a superior man isn’t imperfect if he is better or excellent. If God thought that man was superior in every sense, man would have been alone with his animals and vegetations. A superior man doesn’t need a partner or a helpmate. What is the difference between God and “superior” man? A superior man is an Earthling that needs God wholeheartedly.

A wise woman will not allow her husband to suffer at the hands of his own foolishness. A wise woman will speak up and address issues with maturity and elegance. A wise man will acknowledge the present of his wife and take pride knowing that his wife has his back even if she assert her opinions that he disagree with.

Freedom of speech is given to individuals who want to express their opinions and shouldn’t be persecuted for their opinions. A wise man would accept that his wife has a mind of her own even if he doesn’t agree with her opinions; he should respect her as his wife not to belittle her with superior attitude.

How can a husband expect his wife to respect him if he doesn’t respect her? How rude!

You speak about obedience as if a woman is your child. According to a religious verse, to spare the rod, spoil the child. In many countries, a child can’t consent to marriage therefore in those countries the verse isn’t applicable. There are many families today that do not practice the standard family structure and are in happy relationships. A weak man is immature, lack experience, clueless, and small minded.

A man that beats his wife into submission and disregards her feelings as if she is irrelevant is a weak man in my book. You say that a man should teach his wife and assert authority but according to a religious verse, a man that doesn’t perform according to the word must be won over or turn by his wife’s actions.

According to you, young, old, wild, and free lady fit for a submissive wife. How do you explain men that are marrying docile women that are submissive and whorish? A submissive woman does not mean she is pure, faithful, honorable, loving, and respectful. Have you ever heard of a submissive LovePeddler? Guess what, men around the world are marring these submissive whores and trying to make a housewife out of them. I am not saying a LovePeddler can’t reform but you judged women that have the sense to express their opinions maturity and respectfully.

In conclusion, I encourage my opponent to understand what he is consuming and know that marriage is indeed for the mature minds but it is about a man and woman working together as a partner with clear understanding that a man is expected to take lead with support of his woman. Leadership is guiding and mentoring but it is not a right to assert authority. A judge is given right to sentence a guilty party, a president have right to introduce laws, a teacher has the right to fail a student, and a pastor have the right not to marry an immature couple.

The majority in various societies gave these rights; a self-proclaimed right isn’t the same as a given right. A right is a privilege and reward; it can be taken within a blink of an eye. A right isn’t ironclad or forever. It is given in respects to it source but not to be taken advantage of or misuse. What good is being a superior man if you die alone?

Thank you.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ayobase(m): 1:11am On Oct 15, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Good morning Mr. Dont8.

The correct idiom is “Give a man an inch and he take a mile” exemplify individuals whom are too foolish and selfish to appreciate kindness and generosity. How can a man who thinks he is superior over his wife possess kindness and generosity?

Come to the North, there you will see kind and generous men asserting authority over their wives. And very peaceful homes at such.
My dear, its still ''give a woman an inch, and she takes a mile''.
Who wants to give the man the inch in the first place? The woman in submission? LOL!
Mrs..Chima:

According to your explanation of the above idiom, you contradicted yourself by stating that a man should assert authority/superiority in the relationship if a woman take a mile, but who should assert authority/superiority in the relationship if a man takes a mile?

Distance is not a barrier. A Man can assert authority even from the Sun.
Awaiting the man's harsh judgement wouldn't be what she should compromise!
Mrs..Chima:

You have raised some significant tidbits that I have the opportunity to eloquently address. It is interesting that you have mentioned titanic and captain in your argument. Now bear with me as I explain the role and duty of each crewmember of titanic. A standard cruise ship consists of these following:
• Ship Master
• Staff Captain
• Safety Officer
• Petty Officer
• Boatswain/boatman
• Cruise Director
• General Staff Member

Each title has a specific responsibility and authority to ensure prevention of potential shipwreck.

The structure and operation of a cruise ship is similar to a family in marital relationship. The head, typically the man is the shipmaster and the neck; typically the woman is the staff captain of the ship. Shipmaster and staff captain have similar authority and responsibilities of the cruise ship ........

What sort of irrational conclusion was that.
The Shipmaster and the Staff Captain have the similar authority and responsibilities of the cruise?
The Staff Captain, being the 2nd in command, just like the Woman is also 2nd in command in the home assists , and advises the Master on all operational issues, department head deck, and member of ship management team just like the woman gives report to her husband when he comes back from work.
The Staff Captain can't say NO when the Ship Master says YES. He can only make a duress call when the Master is actually losing it. But Rarely does that occur!
Mrs..Chima:

A debate content with biblical references is like copying and pasting theologies of opinionated and questionable religious authors. However according to your bible, if you look at Ephesians 5 (KJV) it illustrates that in a standard Christian family that Christ is the head, which He gave responsibility to the man to carry out in his family and wives to submit to their husbands as their husbands submit to Christ. Christ gave specific instructions to the husbands to love thy wives as Christ love the church.

I have done justice to that with this;
'' ''You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free''. Truth is the Bible. So, I don't know why someone will say ''Lets not bring religion or God into this matter.''' when our lives revolve round about it knowingly or unknowingly (rather consciously or uncousciously)
Get that scritures right, and don't misinterpret with ur 'unreligious' understanding.
''wives submit to thy husbands as he SUBMIT TO CHRIST as Christ is the head of the church. Husbands love thy wives as Christ loves the church.''
What happens to the husband if he refuses to submit to Christ's (Creator's) commands? What happens to him will surely happen to the Woman if she refuses to submit to her Husband. The outcome wouldnt't be a palatable one though.''
And who told you that Authority Asserting men have no love for their women!
Mrs..Chima:

Now let look at the definition of submission and feminism, according to a standard dictionary, feminism is a doctrine advocating social, political, and other rights of women equal to those of men.
Quoting what I said earlier ''Gender Equality is now the order of the day. Can you imagine! The woman that should be at home preparing food for her Man that has gone out since dawn to provide for the family was busy carrying placard amongst other disobedient and rude Woman on the streets of Nigeria, protesting for Gender Equality. What a priority in its misplacement!
Was she not to be at home asserting the asserted authority of the Man on the children, and the upkeeping of the home for a secured tomorrow!
How won't we be having 'faulty' children as leaders of tomorrow due to 'faulty' homes as a result of a 'faulty' women!
No wonder some men are always eager to have a teacher as a wife, instead of those priority-misplaced ones in the Senate House, House of Representative et al. Some are even Ministers. Tell me, what have they contributed so far. Even Sirleaf of Liberia is not excluded.
''We can manage our homes and public offices without any problem'' they managed to say. You will understand better if you have watched the seasonal movie ''Commander-in-chief''. A typical example. Try watch it!''
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ayobase(m): 1:13am On Oct 15, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

.....Do you think your Christ will accept belittling attitude and speech toward your wife that He specifically instructed the husbands to love thy wives as Christ love the church? I think not, sir.

By the true definitions of feminism and submissiveness, I am a proud feminist who wants equal rights in life and prosperity as I am afforded and have no qualms being submissive to the head as the head leads by an example.

Belittling? Is putting a child of 5 years of age that prefers to be in J.S.S 3 in Primary 1 belittling?
Some things are meant to be; constant of life. They can't change.
Why would a lady wanna take up the role of a man. What an insult!
My Christ is not the author of confusion. He wants no disorderliness/chaos!
A marriage between a 'woman with equal rights as a man' and a 'man' is considered to be a gay marriage. I wonder who the wife is gonna be!
Mrs..Chima:

How can I as a non-religious person accept such laden contradictions? I have seen “Christian marriages” that share your marital philosophy and I must say sir, some of these women and men are denouncing the very fabric of what marriage institution represent.

Its either they are not getting it right, or you didn't observe well.
Well, ''some'' you pointed out, and not all.
Mrs..Chima:

The dictionary states that submissive is act of meek, humbly, obedient, and dutiful. I have noticed something when I read the definition of submissiveness that when given an example, it states submissive servants, not woman nor man. An orthodox Muslim demonstrates true meaning of a submissive servant to Allah. A Muslim man can teach his cruise members how to be humbly servants by being an example.

Yes, you are correct. A Muslim Man must be submissive to Allah, but not to his wife.
''A Muslim Man can teach his cruise members how to be humble servants by being an example.'' Servants to Allah, and not to Woman!
Mrs..Chima:

I am assuming that your biblical reference regarding women in the church and how they should act is from King James Version. Now bear with me as I eloquently address the above reference According to 1 Corinth. 14: 34 states that women should remain silence during public worship and refrain from asking questions that may disrupt pastoral sermon and ask thy husbands at home.

In contradiction, 1 Peter 3:1 states that wives be submissive to thy husbands so that if they do not behave according to the word by your silence and actions shall turn them or won them over.

The two verses contradict each other because? in one verse it prohibit women from teaching or asking questions during public worship but in another verse instruct women to lead by an example with their actions. If such husbands are not living according to the word how can such women win over dirt with dirt? Why would a woman want a man to assert authority and superiority over her if he is using contradicting verses of religious and dead authors to prove his opinion?

These were letters written to two different Churches to addressing DIFFERENT issues on ground.
If those letters were sent to a particular Church, then you were correct to say they contradicted.
Mrs..Chima:

I will not even touch on the subject of male evangelists being questioned and accused of fraud by governmental and public figures.
Not all that glitters is gold. Not all so called MOG are MOG!
Mrs..Chima:

As I close, you are correct asserting authority is not the same as bullying or intimidating women in relationships.
Of course. And for the second time. You do know the truth.
The truth can't hide for long. You have just said it yourself.
Thank you.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 1:21am On Oct 15, 2012
LMAO@erasing half of my argument and only answering one sentence. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ayobase(m): 1:24am On Oct 15, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
LMAO@erasing half of my argument and only answering one sentence. grin grin grin grin grin grin
I censored reiterations!
Waiting for your counter.
But have to sleep now....long day ahead!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 1:35am On Oct 15, 2012
ayobase:
I censored reiterations!
Waiting for your counter.
But have to sleep now....long day ahead!

Hmm mmm.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 1:44am On Oct 15, 2012

My opponent posted his counter in two separate sects do I quote both sects?
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 4:31am On Oct 15, 2012
ayobase:
Don't even try mixing kerosene and water.
Arrogance is associated with exaggeration, while Superiority is associated with factual reality.
Arrogance is artificial, but Superiority is naturally endowed.
A woman can decide to be arrogant, but Superior!

''An eye for an eye''. Thats what the Court as a tool of Civilization is also preaching in this regard. You and I know that things were in order before the Court of Law as a structure was enacted. I have said it, not all what Civilization introduced are good. That a mobile phone is good doesn't make Nuclear weapon good, and that the Internet is okay, doesn't mean that Gender Equality is sound for the purpose of driving a family as a unit, and the society at large.
You are not being treated like a slave, neither like a child, but like a helper!
I still don't know how you want me to treat you again o.

Of course, the end result is going to be a rebellious child in a family where the woman claims to be the neck controlling the head, Man.
''The Man is the head, and the Woman is the neck'' is one of Gender Equality's inscribes on one of those placards as a propaganda. Are you telling me that the Woman controls the Man. How? The turning head due to the twisting neck? You did make me laugh Mrs. Chima.
Add the prefix ''il'' to logical. Yes, thats what that saying is all about..
Im not surprised since some sayings are induced for selfish purpose.

''A man can assert his role'', you confessed. What is the role of a man, if not to set down rules. And rules are meant are to be obeyed. In a nutshell, you simply said a Man is Right to Assert His Authority in a Relationship. Can you see that you can't run away from the truth. You are a free woman, but pretending not to be.
What happens to the husband if he refuses to submit to Christ's (Creator's) commands? What happens to him will surely happen to the Woman if she refuses to submit to her Husband. The outcome wouldnt't be a palatable one though.
Love is a broad topic, but to break it dowm for you. There are 3 MAJOR types, and plus 1.
-Ero Love: Between lovers. Romance. Erotic.
-Philia: The one we are sharing on here. Friendhsip.
-Agape: God's. Unconditional one.
-Storge: Affection.
As you stated ''In Galatians (KJV), it said love is kind, gentle, longsuffering, patience, understanding, and joy. According to the love definition, how can men who submit to Christ say that he loves his wife with superior attitude?''.
That sort of love is not Eros or Philia, and neither is it Storge, but Agape.
Even though the four share these ''kind, gentle, longsuffering, patience, understanding, and joy'' in common, but not distinct to Eros, but Agape. Just as Head is not the same as Superiority, but sharing ''better, excellence, top, dominance, supremacy, and perfection'' in common.

He understands the true meaning of love, respect, understanding, and ''one'' because you are submissive. Try an experiment!
Thank you!

Good Morning Mr. Ayobase.

Superiority means better than or dominant and head is synonymous according to religious verse with leadership. Leadership and superiority is not the same thing. Leadership is about guidance, leading, advising, and mentoring. Superiority is about exerting an illusion of self-gratification of self-proclamation.

You seem to be confused with my argument because I have been consistent since my initial opening. I stated that a man has a right to assert his role as a head in his family but does not have a right to assert authority or superiority. My definition of head is leadership or representation of a unit.

Would you tell your son that he is superior over his sister simply because he is a boy soon to be a man?

How do you think your daughter will take such news? How do you think sibling rivalry occur? Let me help you, when a parent or parents influence a child to believe he or she is better or superior over her or his sibling(s) hence sibling rivalry.

Of course my conclusions are illogical to you, you stated that your mother is not born again but felt the need to quote her statement about women that do not submit to their husbands, their Lord is ungodly hence insulting millions of non-traditional families as if your future marriage would be perfect because your future wife would be submissive.

Yes, I am not religious and do not follow organized religions but respect people’s right to practice their beliefs. Do you? You are not making any sense, what do I know what I am talking about? Are you referring to me quoting contradicting quotes from your religious book or my personal experience as a married woman? How am I wrongly practicing what I don’t believe in? Were you confusing my argument with your previous opponent? I countered my previous opponent’s religious verse with contradicting verses from the same source. Get it right.

Religion and spirituality are different in my book; religion is about follow an organization viewpoint of what is right, wrong, and agreed upon. Even your religious book states that man shouldn’t rely on thy own understanding of the word, who do you think provide enlightenment? It is certainly not mankind.

There is one God yet there are over 100 religions pertaining to one deity. I am spiritual and I believe in the guidance of the Holy Spirit and believe that the creator isn’t an author of confusion and the creator certainly wouldn’t contradict itself just like your bible contradicted you and my previous opponent.

Again, what am I wrongly preaching about? The source came from your religious book.

Since you quoted reference from the bible, there is nothing in Genesis that states that Adam had authority over Eve and if you were referring to dominion that Adam had over the land and creatures, he lost dominion when he “sinned”. Eve was created from side of Adam and became one with him. God told Adam and Eve to go forth and multiply the world. There is nothing that said Adam had authority over Eve.

I find it funny that a talking serpent convinced Eve to persuade Adam to eat the forbidden fruit but did you know before the creation of Eve, another woman was created? Did you know creation happened twice in the book of Genesis and Shakespeare left his signature in the bible as well?

See this is why you shouldn’t read epistles without the discerning of the Holy Spirit hence discordance of your ramblings. According to your argument, a paraphrased, over-translated, and revised bible is the source of truth. Hilarity!

Mr. Ayobase, you stated, “We all knew how the story ended. Adam was held responsible, and not Eve”. According to your bible, Adam and Eve were punished. Adam lost dominion over the animals and land and Eve would experience pain during childbirth and generations would be reminded of the “Great Sin”. Why are you quoting biblical verses that you clearly do not understand or comprehend?

How are your biblical verses relevant to those of Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, and Hindu believers to name a few? Are you illustrating that Christian religion is better for the world and families?

I spoke to a friend of mine that is a Muslim and he said that Islam is the way of life and Muslim families are much stronger than any other religious families. Although I don’t support polygamous marriages, I find it awe that a man can take care of two or more wives and not have a single divorce threat from any of women. Spouses that work and support each other remain married. A Muslim woman in a polygamous marriage have to share her husband with other wives until it is her turn she had to assume leadership of her unit until her husband return home.

It is impossible for a man to lead more than one house but then again polygamous marriages isn’t for everybody.

You admit that becoming one isn’t an issue but say that one voice is required. Yes, united voice is required. A man shouldn’t make affecting decision about his family without consulting his wife. A wife shouldn’t make affecting decisions about her family without consulting her husband. A rowdy family occurs when two parents aren’t in agreement and not in united front.

You contradicted yourself again, you stated a man is loving, caring, courteous, and understanding despite being superior. It is like making lemonade with no sugar. As I stated in my previous argument, how can a man who thinks he is better or dominant over his wife be loving and courteous? A loving and courteous man will value his wife’s opinion and hear what she has to say as he represent his family. Who said a woman can’t question the motive of her husband? Any decision her husband makes affects her and if she has a brain she will ask questions to ensure complacency. You painted this shaky picture as if all husbands are godly and just. Newsflash, men can make vapid, weak, and illogical decisions that can destroy a family but because he is the man, the family should deal with it huh? Astounding!

There has been a time where my husband was faced with hard decisions and collectively we talked it through and made a decision that was best for the family. My husband doesn’t make affecting decisions without my input nor I make affecting decisions without his input. It is call a mutual partnership…learn about it. There is nothing like a man having his wife’s contributing support when he makes a good decision.

You are termed imperfect because you are human, simple as that. There is nothing special about being a man as for a woman as well. You are no different than a leaf that needs sunshine and water to survive. You have every right to self-proclaimed superiority at the end of the day it doesn’t make you invincible.

If you don’t think you are better than your wife who will?

What harsh and corrective steps were you referring to? Beating? Slapping? Cursing? In some countries, it is against the law to cause physical harm to individuals. You may say in Nigeria a man has a right to hit his wife, is the law of the land superior to the laws of your bible?

I don’t think God intended for man to treat his helpmate like a rebellious child but to love his wife as Christ love the church. You can’t be a part time Christian and pick and choose which verses are applicable to you.

Who take harsh and corrective steps toward a rebellious man? If it is good for the goose then it should be good for the gander.

“Women that are supposed to be married still single”, what do that mean? Did you have a blabber moment? What does that say for men who are supposed to be married but are still single? Do you respect people’s choice not to be married? Not everyone wants to be married. Just because it is a Nigerian thing to be married, it doesn’t mean that it is a world thing to be married. I have high respect for single parents and I think single parents are brave in raising their children and continuing their lives without a partner. I have no idea what it is like being a single parent but I am sure the readers and judges may know someone that are a single parent and being a single parent has nothing to do with lack of submission.

Why are you against gender equality? Do you think that it make you less of a man because a woman have a right to work and vote? Everything doesn’t revolve around you or it about you. I see nothing wrong with women preparing meals for the house, but I have an issue with a weak man expecting a woman who also spend long hours earning wages to provide for the family and still expect to take care of the home. Astounding!

Since you like quoting biblical references, if a man doesn’t work, he doesn’t eat. What do you think that mean? Do you know that there are families where the man doesn’t work and the woman is the main breadwinner? You claimed to like truth and being free, do you still think a man should “assert authority and superiority” over his working wife when he doesn’t have the means to provide for the family? Let be honest and realistic.

Is a man that doesn’t work and provide for the family still a man? Remember you said that a woman’s place is in the kitchen and maintaining upkeep of the house. Would it be fair for a woman to leave her jobless husband since he can’t provide for her? See according to you, it is okay to correct a woman who questions a decision or express gender equality but if a woman leaves her husband she is uncouth and uncultured. Hypocrite!

Mr. Ayobase, your claim about faulty children relating to faulty women is sophomoric and vapid. If a child is faulty that means the head lacks proper leadership and thus need to be replaced. Isn’t the man responsible for his household according to you? So how it is any fault of the woman? You can’t pick and choose what a head should be responsible for regardless if it is good or bad. You sleepy?

Your epistle about political organization is flawed and the last time I have checked a president can be vetoed and impeached. Enough said.

You stated that superiority is factual reality in your definition, but do you think China have factual reality when they feel they are better than Blacks? I am sure you will say they can’t be better than Blacks, but a man can be better than a woman according to your factual reality? I bet you have wild dreams and imaginations huh? I digress.

I am sorry but I zoned out when you were talking about courts, civilizations, and preaching. My statement about eye for an eye was simple as treating others the way you want to be treated. It is not that difficult to execute, but practice does make perfect!

My statement about a rebellious child has nothing to do with a woman trying to control the man. Why would I support a woman controlling a man if I don’t support a man controlling a woman? I am not confused like the authors in your religious book. It is about a man treating his wife like she is insolent and subservient. It is about a man not respecting, listening, understanding, compromising, and loving his wife to the full extent according to his divine expectations.

You back a cat in a corner soon, it will claw it way out hence my statement about coddling a rebellious child. Miscomprehending a message is deadly.

I can’t tell you what a role of a man in his house if he is not my husband. I can tell you the role of my husband as the man and it would only work for my household. Each relationship/marriage is different and there is no cookie cutter relationship. I am sure you know that but you will try to deny it to support your claim that Christian relationships are the best but I must say Christians are the leading religious group with higher divorce rates. I know truth hurts.

Of course you will say that it is because of women not being submissive and trying to control the man. You asked me what happens to women who refuses to submit to their husbands, but what do you tell my friend who is submissive to her abusive husband that each day could be her last day? The only reason she hasn’t left her husband is for the sake of her children and she rather dies in shame than to live to see her daughters and son start their own families. Wow!

Just because a couple haven’t divorce doesn’t mean they are happy and living a “Christian” relationship.

What was your epistle about love again? Agape love is brotherly love and my love for my husband is different for my love toward my siblings. Let’s not confuse the two.

You stated that my husband understands, loves, respects, and know the true meaning of “one” because I submit to him and stated that I need to try an experiment. Why do I need to try an experiment if the way my husband and I functions works for us?

No thank you, I like how my household is ran and there is no chaos, threat of neither mutiny nor discordance in my partnership marriage and I wish you well in your future marriage.

Thank you.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by greedie1(f): 8:59am On Oct 15, 2012
sexkillz:

You are entitled to only 3 posts addressing the issue. The fourth and subsequent posts [/b]you make addressing the issue [b] will not be put into consideration.

You are free to engage your opponent quoting and dissecting their arguments from the previous round and also make a convincing conclusion in your last post . . .

[/size][/font][/color]

just thought I should remind us all once more..... If u save the best for last and the last happens to be your fourth post, the judges hands will be tied. Make good use of your 3 " lifelines".

Thank you
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by skydeep(f): 9:22am On Oct 15, 2012
Go red team! *calls in cheerleaders* cheesy
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by goofie: 10:33am On Oct 15, 2012
hey guys.sorry i disappointed u but i ws a little ill. but i dont kno if i'l be allowed to join in now. Sexkillz pls i need ur response ASAP

am feeling u guys.Mrs Chima u r making us proud.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by DExplorer1: 10:37am On Oct 15, 2012
Judge D-Explorer is back! Went on an obvious official assignment all through Saturday and Sunday. Apologies if you were looking out for my score-card. Right about now, am watching closely, lets turn it up good debaters. Welldone!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Men Think In A Relationship / "Most Of The Times Women Cheat, It's Men's Fault" Twitter User Says And Reaction / VASSELINE Curvy South African Model, Cocoriana Poses Completely Nude (18+ PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.