Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

#DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ (19447 Views)

What Is The Ideal Number Of Rounds Of Sex A Man Should Go? / Things Every Man Should Learn To Do / Weekend Debate: A Man Is Right To Assert His. . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ijebabe: 7:37am On Oct 13, 2012
Killz when will round 2 start?
Hope I can make it in time.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 13, 2012
Once Judge AmBeautiful posts her scores, we'll march on. . . Goodmorning everyone.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 13, 2012
pearl~hapi:
SK,very sorry I didn't show up.I had an issue that needed my attention!so so sowi I hope to make it up in the next
Issorai. . .
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 13, 2012
OPPOSING TEAM

Uj Sizzle - 37.5
Content: 5
Presentation/Delivery: 5
Grammatical Correctness: 3
Sentence Construction: 4.5
Clarity/Fluency: 5
Sound Reasoning: 5
Logical Development of Argument: 5
Effective Conclusion: 5

Skydeep- 22
Content: 3
Presentation/Delivery: 3
Sentence Construction: 4
Clarity/Fluency: 4
Sound Reasoning: 1.5
Logical Development of Argument: 1.5
Effective Conclusion: 2

Acidosis - 32
Content: 4
Presentation/Delivery: 4
Grammatical Correctness: 3.5
Sentence Construction: 5
Sound Reasoning: 4
Logical Development of Argument: 3.5
Effective Conclusion: 4

Candygosh - 30.5
Sound Reasoning: 3.5
Logical Development of Argument: 3.5

Mrs Chima – 37
Sound Reasoning: 4.5

Cowgurl - 24.5
Sentence Construction: 3.5
Clarity/Fluency: 3
Sound Reasoning: 2.5
Logical Development of Argument: 2.5
Effective Conclusion: 3

SUPPORTING TEAM

Bennyraz - 28
Sound Reasoning: 3
Logical Development of Argument: 3

Mr Brownjay - 36
Sound Reasoning: 4.5

Dont8 - 22
Presentation/Delivery: 3
Sound Reasoning: 2
Logical Development of Argument: 2
Effective Conclusion: 2

Ayobase - 25.5
Grammatical Correctness: 2.5
Sentence Construction: 3
Sound Reasoning: 3
Logical Development of Argument: 3

Sorry for the delay
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ayobase(m): 7:59am On Oct 13, 2012
Wait o...na so my English bad reach?....I no even nak 5pt like my MrBrown!
Make I go ream am again sef...na wa o!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Adaeze003(f): 8:03am On Oct 13, 2012
Wow! This debate is even more mind tasking. Good job guys.

acidosis™:
Getting ready for the day. . . . . . . . . 15%loading

go red team! cool

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by jaybee3(m): 8:18am On Oct 13, 2012
The range of aggregated scores by each judge for each candidate on each criteria is quite wide and in order to eliminate the fear that a judge might be scoring a preferred candidate more than the others so as to skew the final score then i propose we aggregate the scores further.
Here is my suggestion:
Calculate the Mean/average score of each candidate for each criteria
Add the mean/average scores together so as to arrive at the final aggregate score for each debater.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 13, 2012
For the 2nd round of arguments, it will be

Acidosis vs MRbrownJAY

Uj sizzle vs Ayobase

Mrs Chima vs dont8

Candygosh vs Bennyraz

These are the rules of engagement:

You are to counter the opening argument of your opponent.

Do not counter the arguments of any other except the opponent you have been paired with.

You are limited to only 2 posts addressing the issue in this round, so make them count.

Do not use demeaning words on anyone.

Cowgurl and skydeep have been eliminated for low cumulative points.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 13, 2012
Second round has just been declared open.

Only 3 debaters from each side will make it to the 3rd and final round
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 8:27am On Oct 13, 2012
Coming up
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 13, 2012
---
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 13, 2012
Good morning my fabulous judges, audience and co-debaters.
I am here again to oppose the notion in contradiction to MrBrownJay's views which state- "a man should assert superiority in a relationship"

*The words in quote are MrBrownJAYs. Thanks.

So before we start this debate, we should all understand that to ASSERT anything, you have to possess that character/faculty. so let's look at how we (men) automatically got that authority/superiority in marriage, before we could ever think of asserting it. To do so we have to look at MARRIAGE. Marriage is the union of otwo individual who want to grown and share their lives together, build a strong bond/unit , in order to strive for the future as a family. Like anything else out there, marriage can only function PROPERLY, if all the participants UNDERSTAND and ACCEPT their duties in that said unit, and fulfill them to the best of their abilities. There is no need to dwell on WHAT these duties are, as it is irrelevant to this debate. What is important here is to understand that both participant want to achieve the best for that said union.

noted! but I was expecting the word - assert, authority or superiority in your definition for marriage.

Just like any partnership/organization, we all know that in order to avoid mayhem and chaos, you need to have a dedicated person who will have the ultimate say on any disagreement. There can be NO PEACE in any partnership/organization/union if a dedicated "leader" is not chosen. To have a leader DOES NOT mean that this person is better than others, it simply means that this dedicated person would be the one who who has the ultimate say on all the necessary important decision, bring order and control to the unit, "if" some disagreements should arise. Sadly, it is socially inadequate/wrong (in most of the world that we live in today), to have a woman in charge in matrimony. She may be the silent leader inside the home, but to the outside world, she must submit and let that man be viewed as the leader. A marriage with a woman being in charge will AUTOMATICALLY be viewed as abnormal by society (unless you live in some Scandinavian countries etc)

Comparing these points with your previous definition shows a gross contradiction. How can you compare a MATRIMONY with a FACTORY?
By the way, a leader in a firm involves more followers like 10, 15, 7 etcetera.. marriage involves two people.. not a master-slaves or Boss-servants affair. Your definition on marriage says it all!

So do men really have authority?! no,

buhahahahahahaha . . grin grin grin
#covers mouth
I am sorry for the distraction, pls.
But atleast can I ""GBAM!"" ?

but this is how great marriages have been portrayed through generations and generations. Society wants it to look that way.....and many of us grew up under such school of thought (daddy went to work and put food on the table, while mommy took care of the children/home). Many are conditioned to believe that this is how a good home should be; how a "real" man is pictured; how a great family function.
Let's all remember that just because daddy has the ultimate say, DOES NOT mean mommy cannot put her input in the family affairs. so really, when people want to assert their Authority/superiority, they simply want to put a certain foundation in marriage that we all know has been successful for centuries. the important question IS: is that such a bad thing?

Would you rather live your life happily with the woman you love or follow the path of Nigerian traditional beliefs of regarding women as the property of men to be used as they choose? How come this is the only path good for men to follow? can we also follow the old profession? as in, farming and hunting all day?!

can there really be two cooks in one kitchen?!

Yes MrBrownjay. Go to MrBiggs, Mcdonalds or chicken republic for confirmation.

The sad fact of this matter is that many people mistakingly believe that being the "leader" in matrimony means to have power over another, to dismiss whatever comes out of their brain etc....which is not true. It simply is a way for women to show devotion to their union (although the points they may bring to the table will always be evaluated). Just because a wife allows her husband to be in charge of the union, does NOT mean that this person has power over her, it simply means that you trust that person's judgment, and let them be the ultimate say in the affairs of that said family, in order to not have chaos in this partnership/organization/union. A submissive wife can still give her opinion/say in a marriage, and bring great points to the table to make the union better , so long as she understands who will have the ultimate say if disagreements were to come about. This is one of the main characters sought after by most men looking for a good wife......to be submissive.

of course! we are saying the same thing [bolded]. However it is not the right of a man to demand submission from his spouse. He can go hunting for a submissive wife, cos of freedom of movement but it is never and never going to be a man's authoritative right to demand submission.

- It could simply be that the social environment where they reside DEMANDS for that, as we all know that many societies look at men as the BOSS, the
head of the family, the one in charge.....

The society we live in don't have a say in your relationship.. If actually a man is the boss in the house.. then what could he be looking for in the society ? are you saying men are confused, sir?

- It could also be because of power.
Due to the fact that a man bring much more to a union (financially), he may believe that he has the upper hand and can decide on whats best for
this r/ship (or not). This is a common occurance when men dont see the value of women who care for the home, raise children, cook and clean, instead of bringing a pay check.

You are only giving reasons why some men assert authority. Its obvious you really don't like the idea. grin

- it could be that this man paid his bride price, therefore believes that he owns his wife.
Sadly, we have to blame society for this, and all the parents who gladly sell off their daughters, like she is some commodity via "bride price". here is how some men think: IF I BUY SOMETHING; I OWN IT! therefore if i pay bride price, i own that women. Any person who owns something automatically has authority over it.

Christ!! * shocked*
How can a man command "authority" over a queen just because he was RICH enough to pay a bride price less than 1000 naira or at most 10,000 naira.
This is poverty, MrBrownJay.

- It could also be that his wife is not performing well in her dedicated duties.
many men MUST assert their authorities because some wives decide (after marriage) to not perform the duties that were assigned to them. So men MUST assert their authority in order to bring that said lady back to her intended state of mind/character.

insinuations, insinuations. If indeed a man loves his wife, there would always be a way out of the situation, rather than acting like a monarch, or a boss over a slave.
Also meditate on this quote
you can force a horse to the river, but you can not force the horse to take water.
Say all you can, beat all you can, if she doesn't want to.. She won't.
It Takes Brain! not Weapon!

- And last but not least, RELIGION also has a big part to play in this matter, because it is clearly written in the Bible/Qur'an that a man should always have authority over women.

In conclusion
My dear listeners, Let me take you back to AD 60 when Paul the apostle said in his letter to the corinths. He said and I quote:
Women, submit to your husband's authority
He didn't say men should demand submission.
Again, submission is HER choice— her responsibility. She is to “submit herself”— deciding when and how to submit is her call. In an ideal relationship the focus is never on rights, but on personal responsibility. It’s his responsibility to be affectionate. It’s her responsibility to be agreeable.
This is a clear conviction beyond reasonable doubt that MrBrownjay don't really like the idea but was only attracted to the topic in defence of his gender. Proofs to this are obvious in his numerous contradictions, off-points and baseless insinuations.

Thank you for reading through..
*bows & smile*

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima1(f): 10:09am On Oct 13, 2012
Good morning people...

Moderator, how long is the second round and do I have to quote my opponent?
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by skydeep(f): 10:10am On Oct 13, 2012
. So dont8 scores higher than skydeep? Some judges are jokers.

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 13, 2012
@sexkillz please its not easy to make use of font colours while quoting.. pls bare with me..
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by skydeep(f): 10:18am On Oct 13, 2012
Sexkillz, what did you score in mathematics in ur O'level? Calculate my score and dont8's and give me the real total.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 13, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
Good morning people...

Moderator, how long is the second round and do I have to quote my opponent?
Quote your opponent and counter his opening arguments
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 13, 2012
skydeep: Sexkillz, what did you score in mathematics in ur O'level? Calculate my score and dont8's and give me the real total.
You and dont8 are not in the same group.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima1(f): 10:27am On Oct 13, 2012
sexkillz: Quote your opponent and counter his opening arguments

THank you sir.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 13, 2012
Mehn bin workn all morning.I don't know how to quote in between posts except the long post tin, so wat do I do?
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 13, 2012
candygosh: Mehn bin workn all morning.I don't know how to quote in between posts except the long post tin, so wat do I do?
You dont necessarily have to quote in between posts. Just quote him and counter his points
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 13, 2012
MBJ is just waking up (some of us work at night)........until what time the second round is on?
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 13, 2012
MRbrownJAY: MBJ is just waking up (some of us work at night)........until what time the second round is on?
Few hrs from now.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 10:59am On Oct 13, 2012

AYOBASE:
Pls I will like us to get one thing clear based on the definition from dictionary. We are all familiar with those words making up the topic. But not to bore you, I will pick the suitable ones from the multiple definitions of each word.

-Man: A husband or a lover
-Right: Morally right and acceptable.
-Assert: State a fact or belief confidently.
-Superiority: higher status or taking oneself better than others.
-Authority: The power or right to give orders and enforce obedience.
-Relationshsip: Marriage

Clarifying on the definition mentioned a man as stated in this context is a masculine gender, right however is a legal concept erroneously used by the populace as privilege or advantage. However its proper rendering would be justice, ethical correctness or harmony with the rule of law; the word assert is rightly stated as well as authority, but a relationship is not precluded to marriage but includes, courtship, friendship among other union between individuals.

From this definition, I can synonymously say ''A Husband is Morally Right and Acceptable to Confidently state his Facts and Beliefs because he is of Higher Status in the Marriage and/because he should give orders and enforce Obedience in the Marriage.''
From this definition, I can correctly state that a male gender is legally guided to impose a higher status or exuding himself as being better than a female gender in a marriage, courtship, friendship or union of any sort including political gathering, social or employment establishment .
Some of you may think I’m taking this over the edge but I must state clearly that jurisprudentially, where there is a right, there is a correlative duty and as such, my opponent has clearly defined the duty and place of the woman gender all over the world to being subordinate, enslaved, diminished to their male counterpart, correction, their male commanders.

Im very sure I have been able to convince you with that. But resting my fingers here might leave some confused.
In order to avoid confusion it’s pertinent to establish a fair ground that this discussion is not restricted to marriage but entwines in various strata of life. For instance would it be correct that a man must exercise this perceived right (as perceived by my opponent) even in politics and as such England should have no Queen, instead a distant male cousin should have ascended the throne; or that Liberia should have insisted that a female cannot rule over the dominant male; or a husband should insist his wife remains unemployed as he can superiorly cater for his subordinate family. This is what various enactments which came to portray gender equality achieved in rebutting.

The way the Husband handles his wife (putting the house in order or chaos), will surely tell on the Child(ren)'s upbringing. Remember an adage that says ''Good child is for the father, and the bad one for the mother''.
And you all can attest to it that what the child meets on arrival is what he/she is gonna build on. Just like what you and I built on on our arrival. What do you want your children to meet on their arrival? Orderliness or Chaos?

However, limiting the argument to that of my intelligent opponent, there are many single mothers out there who have raised great motivators for the society. Many out there have given credit to the back bone of the woman who raised them even in a family that includes a Father. Little wonder why a child , especially the males choose to endow their mothers over the father or little wonder why my most esteemed and of course perceived domineering male opponent of mine quoted his mother and not his father’s “wise“ sayings. Order out of Chaos has always been under the exclusive reserve of women in a home. An expression commonly used by males is ‘I want a woman who can keep a home’, in other words, bring order.

Lest I forgot to add, Man came first, while the woman follows, although there is freedom of speech for everyone in EVERY relationship, but the man has more authority and right to assert it (what makes me a man then if not that). And a WISE woman shouldnt allow familiarity to bring about RUDENESS to her man. Out of defensive sentiments displayed in relationship by the women, a WEAK man would tend to compromise his ego to allow peace to prevail, but eventually making dormant WHAT MAKES UP A MAN, and which will cause HAVOC later in the home (Indiscipline and Disobedience in the home from the wife down to the Children) A woman who wants her man to perform his responsibilities BETTER in the M-A-R-R-I-A-G-E should allow him to assert his authority while she remains S-U-B-M-I-S-S-I-V-E. A WISE wife wouldn't counter or overrule her husband's pieces of advice, or rather rules, and neither will the man, but by pleading, teasing, undertstanding, and of course being ROMANTIC......pls note, this is not a case of Master to Slave relationship. It (i.e. Marriage) is for the mature in mind!
A ''Young, wild and free'' lady is no fit for a submissive wife. Even ''Old, wild and free''!

Man was created first and out of a need for a helper, woman was added to the equation to join in the responsibility handed over to humanity. If I were to subject myself to his reasoning, then women all over the world can never lead, or preside over meetings or have a higher status in companies over a less educated/ experienced male worker. But even the males of the society will batter my opponent if they see his logic. This slavery as a result of a ‘wise wife inability to counter her husband piece of advice’, forgetting that the perceptive/ intuitive spirit of a woman has afforded countless of men financial and social distress. Thus, the common expression, still by men, ‘I should have listened to my wife’. Suggestively then equal communication builds a stronger opinion, thus two heads is better than one. I refuse to subject this intelligent discuss to a frivolous banter as it relates to havoc, rudeness, indiscipline or a cooperative man as being perceived as weak. This angle employed by my opponent shows that not only are women perceived as subordinately inferior in a marriage but also incapable of making the right contributions unless they are mute to their man; and that a cooperative man is weak or (worse) Man - Ego = Woman!

To crown it all, our Heavenly Father used Apostle Paul to tell the Women to be submissive to their husbands. And not forgetting that we, the husbands also have more important roles to play in their lives since we became their Fathers, Lovers, Friends, Teachers, and Husbands!
1st Corinthians 11 verses 11 and 12: Nevertheless, in the Lord, woman is not independent of man nor man of woman; for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman … This is apostle Paul teachings on equality.
Without even asking you, and plus the rapt attention you gave reading this, coupled with no grumbling or murmuring, Im so sure that I have been able to persuade you that ''A Husband is Morally Right and Acceptable to Confidently state his Facts and Beliefs because he is of Higher Status in the Marriage and/because he should give orders and enforce Obedience in the Marriage.''
Thank you.

I need not grumble or murmur as my opponent may expect his perceived subordinate females to, but would conclude that intelligence should be tampered with reasoning; or do I align myself with my opponent’s argument as a submission of my ’perceived’ subordinate nature to his male dominance superiority.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 11:00am On Oct 13, 2012
Please my opponent's argument is in blue and my rebuttal in red. thank you
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by jaybee3(m): 11:48am On Oct 13, 2012
For those interested tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by kandiikane(m): 11:56am On Oct 13, 2012
^it's a virus ppl. tongue

I still have not seen a clear explanation of why a man is superior or has authority over a woman.

Lol, one explanation=because man came first? Seriously?

Did you know if human stem cells, cloning etc were legal woman won't need your feeble mr men inside your scrotum to conceive?

Welldone uj sizzle and acid.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by mixdtribe(f): 11:58am On Oct 13, 2012
Wow! Brainstorming, eye opening, interesting...u guys r hot! @acidosis; thumbsUp...
But babes, debate aside, marriage mata no b joke o! Abeg follow who know road...
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 13, 2012
For me, there's nothing to dispute, there's nothing to argue about. I see others are already getting busy.. undecided You belief in what you belief in, I belief in what i want to belief in.. And, How you live your Life is non of my business neither should it be anyone's business. If you feel you are on the right path towards achieving or fulfilling your Dreams & Destiny through any Certain type of legacy or antecedent you lay down for yourself, The truth is, you will only get an Encomium from me. I would never condemn your ways neither will i condemn your belief. Like have always said to my friends and I will continue to Reiterate, Everyman needs to make a mistake that will propel him to his place of his destiny. And since life is a two-way thing, you can either make a mistake that will take you up, you can either make a mistake that will take you down, The Choice and the ball is in your hand. We never had the choice to choose the type of family we want to be in but as life progresses, we are faced with different type of choices to choose from. The greatest mistake a man can ever make in his life is to marry the wrong woman. If you marry a wrong woman, you are doomed. You can only be redeemed through the Mercy & Grace of God.. Ask Samson, he will tell you. As a man, it is expected of you to marry your second/better half. Whatever you want to do, however you want to do it, apply Due Diligence through any sort of means available. Only then will This topic been discussed here become Garbage to you, Garbage to your relationship, Garbage to your family if and if you engage yourself into doing what is right. You may want to ask, what is right? What is the right thing to do? First of all, try by defining yourself, your goal, Vision, Aspiration and Objective. When you have your answers, work with that. It would help you in your decision making process.

Lastly, I will say this "You can only know a woman fully if you start by understanding her
bad side and weaknesses"

Before I draw the curtains i would say, I'm a playful, loving, caring, and strict man. I know my role, I know my part in the movie, it is also highly expected of you as a woman to know your role and part in the movie.. Together we could make a great movie don't you think? be it Epic, Suspense, romance, action but the fact still remains this "If you want to mess me up, I'll throw you out of my Car without thinking twice.. after all, life is a Journey! i wouldn't wanna be angry, bored and bitter as we travel"

Cheers
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
bennyraz:
Without further ado, It is right for a man to assert his superiority in a relationship
because he was created to be stronger, decisive, wise and firm by God.
We have the word Relation + Ship coming together to form relationship. So definitely, there
as to be one captain in a relationship between a man and a woman. If there are two captains,
the Relation-ship will definitely capsize.The primary objective of the captain is to sail
the relation-ship to it's destination.
A man can be likened to a captain of a ship. If it takes assertion to sail the Relationship
to its destination, so be it, they are hard choices but a man has to do what he has to do
without showing emotions.. mind you, a man is not a weak vessel, a man isn't scared by
roaches or spiders a man is bold fearless being.
A man can be likened to a Pilot of an Aeroplane. What is the primary objective of the Pilot?
to fly an Aeroplane to its destination. Often times, a pilot is supported by a CO-pilot. In
this context, a man can be said to be the Pilot of a relationship while a woman is said to
be the co-pilot. Take note of the suffix "W0"- Man", "CO"- Pilot. The sole responsibility of
the C0-pilot is to respect and follow the decision of the Pilot because the Pilot has been
delegated with the power to lead. A woman is a C0-pilot in a relationship.
Why do we have issues of Assertion in a relationship? why do Real men show their superiority
in a relationship? Most people want to know the answers to this questions. The truth is, a
man will only assert or show is superiority in a relationship when the woman in question is
not cooperative, stubborn, and disobedient.
Everyman as what he believes in, therefore it is highly important for a woman to share in
the hopes and aspiration of a man in order to have a successful relationship. Behind every
successful man, there's a supportive, Obedient, cooperative woman.
It is quite unfortunate that people are asking why marriages are failing when they shouldn't
ask because the root of most failed marriages today is caused by the Man's assertion in the
marriage. It shouldn't be a problem at all had it being the Man had cultivated the attitude
of Asserting in his relationship. And if you must know, the preparatory ground of marriage
is courtship & Relationship.
If a woman doesn't share in the beliefs of a man or if a woman doesn't want to walk in
the same footpaths as the man, there's bound to be a show of superiority either by power or
by force. And if the woman refuses to follow in the footsteps of a man it is highly
encourage for the man to work out of the relationship because it would only lead to
abuse/assault.
If as a woman, you want to be disobedient, you want to be assertive, you want to be
stubborn in a relationship, it's not a curse but you will end up being single all the days
of your life. If God wants to bless and upgrade you a little bit, you might just end up
being a single Mother.
As a wise woman, When a man asserts or shows his superiority in a relationship/marriage, you
simply humble yourselves and respect whatever he says.
With this few little words of mine, I hope have been able to make you guys understand that a
man is right to assert in a relationship.

A very beautiful morning to the judges, moderators , fellow debaters and the entire nairalanders.

Once again am here to oppose my opponent "bennyraz" on the topic " a man is right to assert superiority or authority in a relationship"

Without wasting time, my opponent said "It is right for a man to assert his superiority in a relationship
because he was created to be stronger, decisive, wise and firm by God" I want to ask him ; am not a religious type but if God created man to be stronger and decisive then why was the woman created??
I want to say that the woman was created so she could be his helper
-she was created so he would have a companion.

And a companion is someone you can share your everything with.

A companion is not someone you should assert your authority on.

A companion is someone that you both mutually agree on decisions together in a relationship.

It seems my opponent doesn't understand the meaning of the word "assert" and what it means to be assertive.

To assert means to to declare positive and often forcefully or aggresively.
Now tell me mr bennyraz ; why should a man want to forcefully and agressively pronounce his authority on a woman.

Even biblically, it was written that for this reason shall a man leave his mother and father and be united to his wife and they will become one flesh. It didn't say he will leave his mother and father and begin to assert authority on his wife and make her his slave.

Again my opponent said that
"why do Real men show their superiority
in a relationship?
But excuse me mr bennyraz, how do one define a real man in a relationship??
Does enforcing superiority show being a real man??
What man calls himself real by not valuing his partners opinion, by ignoring her emotions, by making her his pet??
As also said by my opponent "The truth is, a
man will only assert or show is superiority in a relationship when the woman in question is
not cooperative, stubborn, and disobedient.
Everyman as what he believes in, therefore it is highly important for a woman to share in
the hopes and aspiration of a man in order to have a successful relationship. Behind every
successful man, there's a supportive, Obedient, cooperative woman"

I want to say that my opponent is just viewing this arguement from one angle and its wrong for him to have said a man will only assert his authority when the woman is not coperative, stubborn and disobedient. No woman will ever be happy with an abusive and assertive relationship where a man tells her that she must not do this and must not do dat!
So also every man is to share in what his woman believes.

Behind every sucessful relationship is a listening man who doesn't jettisson the counsel of his woman.

Reading between the lines of my opponents post Has also made me come to the conclusion that its only a self centered man that exerts his authority in a relationship and also disrespect her opinions.

I hope I have been able to convince you further in this round and hope that I would be called upon to enlighthen us more in the subsequent round.

“Real magic in relationships means an absence of judgment of others.” - Wayne Dyer

I remain candygosh.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Can A Nigerian Guy Ever Serenade His Lover? / "Most Of The Times Women Cheat, It's Men's Fault" Twitter User Says And Reaction / How Men Think In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.