Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. (13978 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / God Is Not Looking At Your Sins To Judge You / Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Smartiegurl(f): 9:05pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

And to add to it. If you're truly a xtain you'd be too busy fighting your way to God's throne than condeming others. Cos if you're truly holy your light will shine and you may draw people to God.
gud addition bro!
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Andyblaze: 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
God pickin: Moin all, Y do catholics find it hard to communicate?
If ur priest serves as ur confession box, dts ur bizyness
Everyone's opinionated.@ chukwudi44 Instead of explain u decided to
Take a jab @ a man who did u no wrong explaination wud Ave worked wonders. Its shows dt d
Catholic church is really full of pagans. As it were b4
Instead of taking ur nitwitted brain to seek knowledge.
U open ur stinking mouth to talk. Where were all of u
Wen d biggest scam was played on u by d vitcan?
Ask for wisdom. Dumb ass fool.

What sort of christian judges another christian church as Pagan..so u r now God...may God open ur eyes
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by honeric01(m): 9:44pm On Oct 28, 2012
gree-die:

you need the holy spirit rnrn( right now right now)

so you are saying dat if Gej gives seun an authority, you automatically have d authority cz you are a nairalander?? Have you heard about ranks, level of spirituality? You should cz penticostals believe in it alot... Daddy is the MOG and G.O, only daddy can bless the handkerchief and lay hands on the sick...

there you go again, interpreting d scriptures according to your ignorance. Smh

You obviously think God work the same way you humans work? do you think in heaven, there's anything like MOG, POPE, bishop bla bla bla? it all ends here and WE all are going to be judged same way. that day every man is going to be judged accordingly so stop trying to "politicalise" spiritual things.

the bible says " as many that has received Jesus, to them, he's given the power to become sons of God, every true believer is a priest, represent christ on earth and has the SAME power to heal, open doors, close doors, forgive sins. too bad i can't remember the verses but the words are in my heart. i am not the types that go to church to seek for any pastors's blessings when i know i have the SAME RIGHT and ACCESS to God as long as i know the right way which is total submission to the will of God, running away from sins and also asking the right things from him.

You need to read bible on your own and stop waiting for some "popes", fathers or pastors to read for you, do you know why the bible is printed in large quantity? so that everyone can study on their own. (study yourself to be approved and stop following traditions of men).

Let me remind you again, i am not one of those "silly" Christians who say i am "baptist, Anglican, redeemed, (catholic is not even christian so i won't add them there) and the rest. I DON'T BELIEVE IN RELIGION, i believe in CHRIST and his ways of LIFE. my AIM on earth is to be CHRIST-LIKE and make HEAVEN. screw tradition and religion. ANYTHING JESUS didn't do on earth, I WON'T DO either!
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by honeric01(m): 9:48pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

Why do these 'situations' remain if u're truly equal in xtainity?

Are the elders hoiler? Or why didn't he say call somebody or anyxtain?

Some situations need more hands just like you can't push one car yourself so you ask for more hands so as to be able to push the car. this should help you. when your faith is not enough to move some situations, you join it with others.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by honeric01(m): 9:53pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

True! But why do we need pastors?

Orderliness. just as in a school, we have prefects, class captors and time keepers, they all are students but they are there to keep orders. same with pastors, they are there to keep orders, arrange the "flocks" and also help those whose faith is at the early stages. some members are more vast in the things of God than their fathers, pastors and bishops but they still have to have someone to organize the gathering.

Jesus blessed all his disciples equally but had some of them oversee the rest, not because they have more powers or that they are more "Christianed" than the rest, (infact peter was one of the least of Jesus's disciples when it comes to believe and faith), but because in the house of God and things of God, there must be orderliness.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by honeric01(m): 9:53pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

Hmm. How come Paul recognised the Authourity of Peter since Jesus was speaking to every believer?

Refer to my previous assertion.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by honeric01(m): 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2012
Pebcak: bros check this verse and you ll know that the one another refers to the anointed ones John 20:22-23 When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.

And who were the people he breathed on? did he separate them before breathing on them or he breathed on all the disciples present at that time?

Do not forget this verse " for as many that had received Christ, to them he's given the power to become the sons of God"

In once you are a christian, you have been given the power to cast out demons, heal the sick and raise the dead, it's all in what and how strong you become in Christ and how well you study the word of God.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by God4moi: 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeric01:

Some situations need more hands just like you can't push one car yourself so you ask for more hands so as to be able to push the car. this should help you. when your faith is not enough to move some situations, you join it with others.

You can call anybody 2 push ur car. But the bible says 'elders' not 'anybody' don't twist the bible.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by elari(m): 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeric01:

Who does the priest confess his own sins to?
. . . To another priest. . .
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by honeric01(m): 10:05pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

You can call anybody 2 push ur car. But the bible says 'elders' not 'anybody' don't twist the bible.

You should learn to read between the line, "elders" means people who are more vast than you. not popes, fathers, pastors e.t.c alone, anyone you feel is stronger than you (faith-wise)spiritually, if there's none and you feel your pastor is stronger, then fine, but Elders in the church has to do with brethren who are stronger than you spiritually. you don't expect me to take my issues to deacons, pastors or fathers that i know are not what they are because they are stronger spiritually, but because of influence, money or politics. (especially in this present Nigeria, God forbids)

Just like if you need help with pushing a car you cant push alone, you wouldn't call someone weaker than you, you definitely will call someone with your own strength or even stronger than you. that's the analogy!
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Mutaino7(m): 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

They are extrabiblical to you cos outa over 50,000 epistels, letters, and scrolls writen by early xtains you only have access to 54 so your knowledge is limited and that makes it understandable.

Incase you don't know there are 50 epistles and only 5 was collated to make the bible.

So when you read 5 accounts and I have 50 accounts to read and compare you'd say they are extra biblical and that's understandable. Your knowledge can only go as far as you know.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by God4moi: 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeric01:

Orderliness. just as in a school, we have prefects, class captors and time keepers, they all are students but they are there to keep orders. same with pastors, they are there to keep orders, arrange the "flocks" and also help those whose faith is at the early stages. some members are more vast in the things of God than their fathers, pastors and bishops but they still have to have someone to organize the gathering.

Jesus blessed all his disciples equally but had some of them oversee the rest, not because they have more powers or that they are more "Christianed" than the rest, (infact peter was one of the least of Jesus's disciples when it comes to believe and faith), but because in the house of God and things of God, there must be orderliness.

Peter wasn't the least o! He was the one with the most common sense, he wasn't afraid to query Jesus and help the oda apostles get clarifications.

And prefects are not meant for orderliness. They are meant for teaching/grooming leadership skills. The teachers/ school officials are for orderliness and knowledge...

A pastor/priest is not a prefect. They are shepherds. They lead the flock with the principles of christ. Maybe you don't know their job descriptions.

If he blessed them equally like you claim how come he said peter! Peter!! Peter!!! Do you love me? Feed my flock? Why didn't he say everybody! Everybody!! Everybody!!! Do you love me feed my flock. And u still claim Peter had d same blessing to perform a very distinct job has the rest?
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by God4moi: 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeric01:

You should learn to read between the line, "elders" means people who are more vast than you. not popes, fathers, pastors e.t.c alone, anyone you feel is stronger than you (faith-wise)spiritually, if there's none and you feel your pastor is stronger, then fine, but Elders in the church has to do with brethren who are stronger than you spiritually. you don't expect me to take my issues to deacons, pastors or fathers that i know are not what they are because they are stronger spiritually, but because of influence, money or politics. (especially in this present Nigeria, God forbids)

Just like if you need help with pushing a car you cant push alone, you wouldn't call someone weaker than you, you definitely will call someone with your own strength or even stronger than you. that's the analogy!

I don't read btw the lines of the bible cos wat I want 2 know is wat the bible says not 'wat I think/want it to say'.

If you say 'elder' connotes anyone who is spiritually stronger then leme ask why on earth would u attend a church that u believe u're stronger than its leader? + ur interpretation of elder does not seem to conform with any existing interpretation. Cos even culturaly elder does not mean anyone better than u.

I'd like you know where this ur interpretation stems from tho.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by honeric01(m): 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

Peter wasn't the least o! He was the one with the most common sense, he wasn't afraid to query Jesus and help the oda apostles get clarifications.

And prefects are not meant for orderliness. They are meant for teaching/grooming leadership skills. The teachers/ school officials are for orderliness and knowledge...

A pastor/priest is not a prefect. They are shepherds. They lead the flock with the principles of christ. Maybe you don't know their job descriptions.

If he blessed them equally like you claim how come he said peter! Peter!! Peter!!! Do you love me? Feed my flock? Why didn't he say everybody! Everybody!! Everybody!!! Do you love me feed my flock. And u still claim Peter had d same blessing to perform a very distinct job has the rest?

Least : faith wise- he was the first to backslide. meaning he had little faith.
Prefects are meant to keep orderliness, yes, pastors are to groom newly converted ones but the job is not for pastors alone, the job is FOR EVERY BELIEVER. our main job as Christians is to go into the world, preach the gospel, heal the sick, raise the dead, win souls to Christ, DRAW MEN UNTO CHRIST, it's not the job of pastors only, it's for every true christian. we are all to groom newly converted ones and when we can't answer some of their questions, we are to seek the help of people we believe know more than us which can be anyone in Christ (be it pastor or anyone).

He said feed my flocks not because he wanted only him to go out there and win souls to Christ, rather knowing how week and "faith-less" peter was, he needed to let him know he wanted him to work. remember peter denied him 3 times before. its like a situation where you have 4 kids at home and you have one who doesn't listen to you all the time. when you want to leave,don't you specially warn that stubborn one?

Our great commission as Christians is to go into the world to preach the gospel, draw men unto Christ and it's not a job even to Peter or the 70 disciples alone, rather to as many that has received CHRIST!
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by God4moi: 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeric01:

And who were the people he breathed on? did he separate them before breathing on them or he breathed on all the disciples present at that time?

Do not forget this verse " for as many that had received Christ, to them he's given the power to become the sons of God"

In once you are a christian, you have been given the power to cast out demons, heal the sick and raise the dead, it's all in what and how strong you become in Christ and how well you study the word of God.

You need no 'elderly' help then! You're equal and the bible does not know what it says when it talks about hirachy and referal methods.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by honeric01(m): 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

I don't read btw the lines of the bible cos wat I want 2 know is wat the bible says not 'wat I think/want it to say'.

If you say 'elder' connotes anyone who is spiritually stronger then leme ask why on earth would u attend a church that u believe u're stronger than its leader? + ur interpretation of elder does not seem to conform with any existing interpretation. Cos even culturaly elder does not mean anyone better than u.

I'd like you know where this ur interpretation stems from tho.

can you define what an elder mean? Elder has to do with anything that is older, more experienced, stronger, wiser and in all things ahead of you. that is what "elder" to me means, if it's different, kindly state yours.

In this current world, we have cases where some pastors, fathers, pope, bishops, reverend, e.t.c commit atrocities common Christians won't do, we have had cases where some don't even know what they are doing, some are leading people astray, so you mean i should entrust my salvation into the hands of mere mortals like me when i have equal access to God the same way they do?
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by greedie1(f): 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeric01:

You obviously think God work the same way you humans work? do you think in heaven, there's anything like MOG, POPE, bishop bla bla bla? it all ends here and WE all are going to be judged same way. that day every man is going to be judged accordingly so stop trying to "politicalise" spiritual things.

the bible says " as many that has received Jesus, to them, he's given the power to become sons of God,
every true believer is a priest, represent christ on earth and has the SAME power to heal, open doors, close doors, forgive sins. too bad i can't remember the verses but the words are in my heart. i am not the types that go to church to seek for any pastors's blessings when i know i have the SAME RIGHT and ACCESS to God as long as i know the right way which is total submission to the will of God, running away from sins and also asking the right things from him
You need to read bible on your own and stop waiting for some "popes", fathers or pastors to read for you, do
you know why the bible is printed in large quantity? so that everyone can study on their own. (study yourself to be approved and stop following traditions of men).

Let me remind you again, i am not one of those "silly" Christians who say i am "baptist, Anglican, redeemed,
(catholic is not even christian so i won't add them there) and the rest. I DON'T BELIEVE IN RELIGION, i believe in CHRIST and his ways of LIFE. my AIM on earth is to be CHRIST-LIKE and make HEAVEN.
screw tradition and religion. ANYTHING JESUS didn't do on earth, I WON'T DO either

For a start, Christ won't call Catholics non Christians!! Care to take back what you wrote?
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by honeric01(m): 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

You need no 'elderly' help then! You're equal and the bible does not know what it says when it talks about hirachy and referal methods.

Please quote where in the bible God said he answers prayers according to your position, hirachy or "referral methods" you mentioned.

Jesus said "come unto me, all ye that labor and of heavy laden, and i will give you rest", he also said, "i am the way, the truth and life, no man commeth to the father except through me" unless you count these words of Jesus as irrelevant, then why should i go to a pastor, pope,father, bla bla bla for something i have equal right to ask from Jesus directly?

You can see that i am quoting, so i would like you to always debunk my comments with biblical quoting too.

Thank you.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Mutaino7(m): 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

They are extrabiblical to you cos outa over 50,000 epistels, letters, and scrolls writen by early xtains you only have access to 54 so your knowledge is limited and that makes it understandable.

Incase you don't know there are 50 epistles and only 5 was collated to make the bible.

So when you read 5 accounts and I have 50 accounts to read and compare you'd say they are extra biblical and that's understandable. Your knowledge can only go as far as you know.
Check history and see why martin luther rebel against d catholics. Y was john bunyan imprisoned. Y was it called heresy by d papal when sum1 tries 2 translate the bible in2 english. Find out how poor people cope wit d payin of penance and d legendary walking on knee in a stony ground all because u want 4gvness. Even Jesus xcape 2 d mountain wen d people wanted 2 crown him. He even wash his disciple feet. How come d pope is worshipped lyk a god and his ring kissed or was it in d bible. I challenge u that can u call ur bishob 'bro' or 'mr' ask ananias when he prayed 4 paul he said bro paul. If u're conversant wit ur church u shud knw dat its dwindlin in population esp in germany cos of imposed levies yet u're quick 2 blame pastors who bought xpensif thing. Though am not in full support but it is said he dat bless a prophet shall eat the reward of a prophet. 2 me the original church as bin doctrinize, politicalize and deviated 4rm Jesus original plan. Roman catholic is not d first church. Note d day of pentecost all the xtian where at d upper room and not at st Luke's cathedral. The where first called xtian at antioch and not catholics and there wasn't any figure head called pope cos dey live simple lives.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by honeric01(m): 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2012
gree-die:
For a start, Christ won't call Catholics non Christians!! Care to take back what you wrote?

Nah, i won't take that back, anyone who relegates Jesus to the back-seat in its teachings and traditions aren't Christians, because the word christian comes from Christ, if what you do can't be traced to Christ, then you're no Christian.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by princesammmy: 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
"confess ur fault one to another" does d presit confess his own fault 2 u?
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by God4moi: 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeric01:

Least : faith wise- he was the first to backslide. meaning he had little faith.
Prefects are meant to keep orderliness, yes, pastors are to groom newly converted ones but the job is not for pastors alone, the job is FOR EVERY BELIEVER. our main job as Christians is to go into the world, preach the gospel, heal the sick, raise the dead, win souls to Christ, DRAW MEN UNTO CHRIST, it's not the job of pastors only, it's for every true christian. we are all to groom newly converted ones and when we can't answer some of their questions, we are to seek the help of people we believe know more than us which can be anyone in Christ (be it pastor or anyone).

He said feed my flocks not because he wanted only him to go out there and win souls to Christ, rather knowing how week and "faith-less" peter was, he needed to let him know he wanted him to work. remember peter denied him 3 times before. its like a situation where you have 4 kids at home and you have one who doesn't listen to you all the time. when you want to leave,don't you specially warn that stubborn one?

Our great commission as Christians is to go into the world to preach the gospel, draw men unto Christ and it's not a job even to Peter or the 70 disciples alone, rather to as many that has received CHRIST!

Haba! Uncle/anty. Ahahn! Peter wasn't the first to backslide please re read your bible. When they came for Jesus in the garden didn't you read the part that some of his disciples ran away?! Then Peter bravely attacked his masters adversory. And followed @ a distance. Talking about backsliding? He wasn't the first to abandon/ deny knowing Jesus.

Secondly as a human being ones primary aim is not to preach the gospel. That's not why God created us. No! He created us to know him, to love him and then to serve him (service then includes propagating our knowledge of the eternal father to the world for conversion of souls). And like Paul did make several references to his way of life among the gentiles basically our way of life is supposed to facilitate peoples curiousity which the holy spirit would then use as a tool/window for conversion (we can't convert only God thru his spirit can). So bro/sis God primary aim for creating u a xtain is not 2 preach but 4 u 2 discover him first.

Peter was not faithless. How many people trusted Jesus enough to walk on water with him? How many trusted him enough to say 'to whom shall we go You have the message of eternal life'. How many where brave enough to attack his masters adversory? So how faithless and fearful was he?

And mind you Jesus flock that needs to be fed are not 'those who are outside the fold' that's not the flock. The 'flock' are souls within the fold. So jesus wasn't talking bout soul wining here
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by greedie1(f): 10:44pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeric01:

Nah, i won't take that back, anyone who relegates Jesus to the back-seat in its teachings and traditions aren't Christians, because the word christian comes from Christ, if what you do can't be traced to Christ, then you're no Christian.

you ain't like Christ in anyway!! U think u are holier? Dat u have a better understanding of the bible? Let me tell you a bible story about the publican and the pharisee: the publican didn't have a great understanding of theology, he was just deeply contrite and cried out loud begging God for mercy but the Pharisee stood proudly and thanked God that he was not a sinner like the publican .... It was the publican that went home justified before God that day!

Do u recognise yourself in the story?
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by God4moi: 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeric01:

Please quote where in the bible God said he answers prayers according to your position, hirachy or "referral methods" you mentioned.

Jesus said "come unto me, all ye that labor and of heavy laden, and i will give you rest", he also said, "i am the way, the truth and life, no man commeth to the father except through me" unless you count these words of Jesus as irrelevant, then why should i go to a pastor, pope,father, bla bla bla for something i have equal right to ask from Jesus directly?

You can see that i am quoting, so i would like you to always debunk my comments with biblical quoting too.

Thank you.

Please read from the begining. The first quote given was an instruction to call on elders when u're sick and since you say u're equal to d task I asked den u need no elders and that passage is useless? + while you're @ it I'd like you to show me where I stated that "God said he answers prayers according to your position, hirachy or "referral methods" cos I know this is part of the problems of reading 'btw the lines' rather than reading what was writen.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by honeric01(m): 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

Haba! Uncle/anty. Ahahn! Peter wasn't the first to backslide please re read your bible. When they came for Jesus in the garden didn't you read the part that some of his disciples ran away?! Then Peter bravely attacked his masters adversory. And followed @ a distance. Talking about backsliding? He wasn't the first to abandon/ deny knowing Jesus.

Secondly as a human being ones primary aim is not to preach the gospel. That's not why God created us. No! He created us to know him, to love him and then to serve him (service then includes propagating our knowledge of the eternal father to the world for conversion of souls). And like Paul did make several references to his way of life among the gentiles basically our way of life is supposed to facilitate peoples curiousity which the holy spirit would then use as a tool/window for conversion (we can't convert only God thru his spirit can). So bro/sis God primary aim for creating u a xtain is not 2 preach but 4 u 2 discover him first.

Peter was not faithless. How many people trusted Jesus enough to walk on water with him? How many trusted him enough to say 'to whom shall we go You have the message of eternal life'. How many where brave enough to attack his masters adversory? So how faithless and fearful was he?

And mind you Jesus flock that needs to be fed are not 'those who are outside the fold' that's not the flock. The 'flock' are souls within the fold. So jesus wasn't talking bout soul wining here

Running away does not equal backsliding, denying that you knew him not is backsliding, going back to your vomit is backsliding.
He was the first, if not, kindly point to where any other disciple "publicly" denied him.

I am not talking here as a human being, i am talking as a Christian, I have passed the stage of living in darkness, that's why i am a christian, i am to know him more as a christian and at the same time live a life that will attract others to him and at the same time go out to preach the gospel, this is the greatest commission JESUS gave we Christians before leaving earth, if i am wrong, prove it with the bible.

Peter was faithless even with the closeness and "special" love he enjoyed from Jesus, he still had alot of doubts in him, he often queried Jesus with statements like "if you are" Christ, if you are. even before he walked on water, he used the same word. when you don't believe in something, that's when you query.

We're deviating, now back to topic. AS CHRISTIANS, we all have equal rights in the sight of God and one more thing, our commission here on earth as Christians (not humans only) is to go out there, preach the gospel, become the light of the world because we have come of darkness into the light. the holy spirit is the soul winner but we are the tools, we have to first take the word out, then the holy spirit takes charge.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by subzero2(m): 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeric01:

Who does the priest confess his own sins to?
To his fellow Priest.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by God4moi: 10:52pm On Oct 28, 2012
Mutaino7:
Check history and see why martin luther rebel against d catholics. Y was john bunyan imprisoned. Y was it called heresy by d papal when sum1 tries 2 translate the bible in2 english. Find out how poor people cope wit d payin of penance and d legendary walking on knee in a stony ground all because u want 4gvness. Even Jesus xcape 2 d mountain wen d people wanted 2 crown him. He even wash his disciple feet. How come d pope is worshipped lyk a god and his ring kissed or was it in d bible. I challenge u that can u call ur bishob 'bro' or 'mr' ask ananias when he prayed 4 paul he said bro paul. If u're conversant wit ur church u shud knw dat its dwindlin in population esp in germany cos of imposed levies yet u're quick 2 blame pastors who bought xpensif thing. Though am not in full support but it is said he dat bless a prophet shall eat the reward of a prophet. 2 me the original church as bin doctrinize, politicalize and deviated 4rm Jesus original plan. Roman catholic is not d first church. Note d day of pentecost all the xtian where at d upper room and not at st Luke's cathedral. The where first called xtian at antioch and not catholics and there wasn't any figure head called pope cos dey live simple lives.

So how simple a life are you / your religious leaders living now?
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by honeric01(m): 10:54pm On Oct 28, 2012
gree-die:

you ain't like Christ in anyway!! U think u are holier? Dat u have a better understanding of the bible? Let me tell you a bible story about the publican and the pharisee: the publican didn't have a great understanding of theology, he was just deeply contrite and cried out loud begging God for mercy but the Pharisee stood proudly and thanked God that he was not a sinner like the publican .... It was the publican that went home justified before God that day!

Do u recognise yourself in the story?

Please when quoting, please lets stick to the word of God and please always quote the bible so that i'd know we are on the same path. i am in no way holier, the bible says take heed, less you fall.

I am still working out my salvation, until i make heaven, i won't relent, in the process of making heaven, one of my primary obligation as a christian is to test all spirits and also make sure i am not consuming traditions of men in place of the true word of God. A christian should be able to live and act according to the word of God and also according to the walks of Christ.

Unless you can show me where i claim to be holier or better apart from the fact that i said Catholics aren't Christians which i already explained, i don't see how your analogy concerns me. My prayer for you is to seek Christ on your own and not wait for anyone to feed you. the bible is there, pick one up, concentrate mostly on the new testaments, ask the holy spirit to guide you, in this stage of my life, i am trying to know Christ/God more on a personal level to save myself from swallowing lies with the truth.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by greedie1(f): 10:56pm On Oct 28, 2012
Good night people
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by subzero2(m): 10:58pm On Oct 28, 2012
bbpreye.:

What about bowing down to images?
What about praying with rosary?
What about burning insence?
Brother, you can open a thread for your questions above. I'm sure u'll get answers to that from the Bible.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by honeric01(m): 10:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

Please read from the begining. The first quote given was an instruction to call on elders when u're sick and since you say u're equal to d task I asked den u need no elders and that passage is useless? + while you're @ it I'd like you to show me where I stated that "God said he answers prayers according to your position, hirachy or "referral methods" cos I know this is part of the problems of reading 'btw the lines' rather than reading what was writen.

When you're sick and you've prayed and there's no improvement, you are to seek the "elders", meaning those more rooted in the word and spiritual things in the church, they could be your pastor, your Sunday school teacher, your prayer warrior, your fellow brethren but an elder in the things of God. this you must know. being an elder in the things of God is not calculated by how long you have been in the church but what you possess inside of you.

I explained the "equal access" to God to you already and i have given you examples of when you need to seek help from those more rooted than you.

You brought up the issue of "hirachy e.t.c and you know what we were discussing before that popped up, so i already have an "idea" of where you were going with that.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by God4moi: 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeric01:

Running away does not equal backsliding, denying that you knew him not is backsliding, going back to your vomit is backsliding.
He was the first, if not, kindly point to where any other disciple "publicly" denied him.

I am not talking here as a human being, i am talking as a Christian, I have passed the stage of living in darkness, that's why i am a christian, i am to know him more as a christian and at the same time live a life that will attract others to him and at the same time go out to preach the gospel, this is the greatest commission JESUS gave we Christians before leaving earth, if i am wrong, prove it with the bible.

Peter was faithless even with the closeness and "special" love he enjoyed from Jesus, he still had alot of doubts in him, he often queried Jesus with statements like "if you are" Christ, if you are. even before he walked on water, he used the same word. when you don't believe in something, that's when you query.

We're deviating, now back to topic. AS CHRISTIANS, we all have equal rights in the sight of God and one more thing, our commission here on earth as Christians (not humans only) is to go out there, preach the gospel, become the light of the world because we have come of darkness into the light. the holy spirit is the soul winner but we are the tools, we have to first take the word out, then the holy spirit takes charge.

Dey didn't deny cos there was no opportunity too.

You're obviously not talking like one.

Peter cleared his doubt and took his stand with God. He didn't jst stay in the boat and held on to his doubt like the rest.

Are you saying you don't ask God questions why somethings happen/ how they happened? I'm sure if you're single you're definitely not asking him for a life partner nor did u ask if u are married. Cos if seeking more knowledge in God's word is in ur opinion faithlessness then sigh*

I'm also guessing the parable of the talents teaches u nothing about equality? Smh.

Stop repeating wat I said earlier jor!

First wat christ says is the 2 greatest commandment and den he said the 'great commission' and not "greatest commission" like you're puting it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome's Phone Number / Cobwebs Attack / Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.