Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? (8653 Views)

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} / The Truth About The Holy Trinity. / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by 2good(m): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
LemonBoy1:

U nid 2 weep 4 ur sef nd ur after life 4 ds rubbish u js said...hw d hell can u fully understand d HOLY TRINITY wen u nd ur cohots cnt explain d perfection of nature, wen u nd ur cohots cnt explain d reason behind "the living bodies of Saints that died long ago nd av being buried 4 centuries nd millenia, yet their bodies r still as fresh as ever" ?

Anther conspiracy theory the Catholic church use to brain wash people like you. The problem with Nigeria is that there are too many gullible people not using their brain to reason and you my friend just happen to be one of them. Have you seen the body of any of those Saints with your own eyes?
People have been waiting for the second coming of your Jesus for the last 2000 years with disappointment because he is not coming. You're too lazy to study the history of your religion.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Rooneyboy(m): 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
ifeness:

Big fool!
y D insult bro ?
If u have a different belief from hers y don't u just state it
Really u didn't hv to expose ur myopic nature here.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by udogenius: 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
The bible does not teach trinity.This is the whole truth.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Rooneyboy(m): 5:45pm On Nov 25, 2012
2good:

Anther conspiracy theory the Catholic church use to brain wash people like you. The problem with Nigeria is that there are too many gullible people not using their brain to reason and you my friend just happen to be one of them.
People have been waiting for the second coming of your Jesus for the last 2000 years with disappointment because he is not coming. You're too lazy to study the history of your religion.
Mr know it all, u don't consider ur self as gullible abi ?
By wetin u dey worship ?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by 2good(m): 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2012
Rooneyboy:
Mr know it all, u don't consider ur self as gullible abi ?
By wetin u dey worship ?

I don't worship anything because all religion are man made except you can prove to me they are not.
Also I don't know it all I just want people to use their brain to reason logically before accepting every news or story they are fed.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 25, 2012
If u accept d trinitarian doctrine..only 3 individuals can ever be in d family of God. D father, d son, and d holy spirit..u and i or paul or john or peter and all d saints of God can never be in dat family of God..it throws d gospel of christ into a waste heap. D doctrine was propounded by simon d socerer in act8..in d d first century who called himself simon pater..he is d first pope of d roman catholic and is confused with simon peter.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Chidiphilip(m): 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
What are we even doubting here The trinity is REAL no doubt! Jesus was stoned by the jews cos he claimed to be GOD. What else are we debating?? The problem wit us is that "SOME BELIEVES ONE PART OF THE BIBLE AND REJECT THE OTHER JUST TO SUIT THEMSELVES" JESUS RIGHTLY CALLED US "HYPOCRITES"!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by doubleincome: 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
see question,GOD is GOD
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
doubleincome: see question,GOD is GOD
. God is a Spirit..Jesus came in d flesh as a Son to reconciles us back to d Father as sons..Jesus is our elder brother..the Holy spirit is d power of God operating in d lives of us believers till d second coming of Christ to redeem us to called..it might interest u to know dat from enternity past we re already in d family of God in heaven before even d world began..dat is predestination.God is a Family and not a trinity..read d whole word of God for proper understandin not just one scripture abeg.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Lawconfessor(f): 6:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
Rooneyboy: y D insult bro ?
If u have a different belief from hers y don't u just state it
Really u didn't hv to expose ur myopic nature here.

I wonder oo......but no mind him jare
I don pardon him tete
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by sunkoye: 6:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
2good:

Which of the gods are you talking about?
yea...“What is beyond all space and time, what is uncreated, eternal,dat came into nature, descended into His own universe, and rose again.”bro..that is my God am talkin about here!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by 2good(m): 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
sunkoye: yea...“What is beyond all space and time, what is uncreated, eternal,dat came into nature, descended into His own universe, and rose again.”bro..that is my God am talkin about here!

The Muslims, Jews and many other religion also lay claim to serve that god, so why are you sure yours is the authentic one? Don't you think you're all confused?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Lawconfessor(f): 6:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
sunkoye: yea...“What is beyond all space and time, what is uncreated, eternal,dat came into nature, descended into His own universe, and rose again.”bro..that is my God am talkin about here!

wink wink wink wink
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by HerexG(m): 6:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
sunkoye: yea..he was killed cos of his claims. Pple are comfortable with him as a great teacher, even a prophet is cool for the. Bt to manifest Isaiah 6:1 they can't live with.Look, the secular response to the Christ story always goes like this: He was a great prophet, obviously a very interesting guy, had a lot to say along the lines of other great prophets, be they Elijah, Muhammad, Buddha, or Confucius. But actually Christ doesn’t allow you that. He doesn’t let you off the hook. Christ says, No. I’m not saying I’m a teacher, don’t call me a teacher. I’m not saying I’m a prophet….I’m saying I’m God incarnate.” And people like frosbel and 2good will say: No, no, please, just be a prophet. A prophet we can take. Pple are alway scared to admit the truth! It seems too hot to handle...lol. The basic- Jesus is the very God the old testament reavels

God bless you brother, may you live long !

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by salt1: 6:34pm On Nov 25, 2012
The word trinity isn't in the Bible but is implied. This is the very reason Jesus was killed: He claimed to be the son of God, making Him equal with God. Jesus is divine. He accepted worship, and yet taught that only the godhead is to be worshipped. Thomas called Him "my LOrd and my God" and He didn't correct him. He controlled/s the elements.
Our understanding is limited but until we are made perfect
May the grace of our LORD JESUS CHRIST , the love of GOD and the sweet fellowship of the HOLY SPIRIT abide with you all.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2012
salt 1: The word trinity isn't in the Bible but is implied.

You cannot base truth on implication.

Truth is based on explicit facts , not assumptions.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Zet72(m): 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
sunkoye: The Father, the Son and Holy spirit are One. It just a matter of form and reveals. See,Thus, the names Jesus used for himself point to the fact that he was claiming equality with God. But did Jesus speak and act with the authority of God?Those who listened to Jesus, observed his moral perfection, and saw him perform miracles, wondered if he was the long-promised Messiah. Finally his opponents surrounded him at the Temple, asking:

“How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

Jesus answered,

“The proof is what I do in the name of my Father.” He compared his followers with sheep saying, “I give them eternal life, and they will never perish.” He then revealed to them that “the Father is greater than all,” and that his deeds were “at the Father’s direction.” Jesus’ humility must have been disarming. But then Jesus dropped a bombshell, telling them, (John 10:25-30)

“The Father and I are one.”

If Jesus had meant that he was merely in agreement with God, there would have been no strong reaction. But, the Jews again picked up stones to kill him. Jesus then asked them, “At my Father’s direction I have done many things to help the people. For which one of these good deeds are you killing me?”

They replied,

“Not for any good work; but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, have made yourself God” (John 10:33).

As Jesus was preparing his disciples for his upcoming death on the cross and departure, Thomas wanted to know where he was going and the way there. Jesus answered Thomas:

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had known who I am, then you would have known who my Father is. From now on you know him and have seen him.” (John 14:5-9)

They were confused. Philip then speaks up, asking Jesus to “show us the Father.” Jesus’ answers Philip with these shocking words:

“Philip, don’t you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father!”

In effect Jesus was saying, “Philip if you want to see the Father, look at me!” In John 17 Jesus reveals that this oneness with his Father had existed in eternity past, “before the world began.” According to Jesus, there has never been a time when he did not share God’s very glory and essence.

Thanks brother,if some Christian can bring some time & study their bible they wiil understand that there is nothing like trinity in the bible ( trinity was injected into Christianity at the niceal consul in ancient Rome )
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Chuksxp: 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2012
"Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘WORSHIP the Lord your God, and serve him only.’" ~ Matthew 4:10

Yet Jesus was worshipped and He accepted it.

"On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and WORSHIPED him." ~ Matthew 2:11

"Then those who were in the boat WORSHIPED him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.” ~ Matthew 14:33

Jesus was prayed to.

"While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” ~ Acts 7:59

“I am the LORD; that is my name; I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols" ~ Isaiah 42:8

Jesus received glory and praise.

In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” ~ Revelation 5:12

Please open your hearts and allow God to lead you into the truth.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by JAkpayen(m): 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
LemonBoy1:

my guy "right hand " means THEY r " ONE nd THESAME" does GOD have hand lyk humans?
But Genesis 1:27 says (So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them).
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Boomark(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2012
frosbel:

You cannot base truth on implication.

Truth is based on explicit facts , not assumptions.

let them keep assuming. Trinity is based on imagination.

Most of them don't know how to define trinity yet the are proud of it. What the bible did not teach.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by sunkoye: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
2good:

The Muslims, Jews and many other religion also lay claim to serve that god, so why are you sure yours is the authentic one? Don't you think you're all confused?
let me tell u about my and ur God!see, We cannot have a right conception of God unless we think of Him as all-powerful, as well as all-wise. He who cannot do what he will and perform all his pleasure cannot be God. As God hath a will to resolve what He deems good, so has He power to execute His will.

The power of God is that ability and strength whereby He can bring to pass whatsoever He pleases, whatsoever His infinite wisdom may direct, and whatsoever the infinite purity of His will may resolve. . . . As holiness is the beauty of all God’s attributes, so power is that which gives life and action to all the perfections of the Divine nature. How vain would be the eternal counsels, if power did not step in to execute them. Without power His mercy would be but feeble pity, His promises an empty sound, His threatenings a mere scarecrow. God’s power is like Himself: infinite, eternal, incomprehensible; it can neither be checked, restrained, nor frustrated by the creature. (S. Charnock).

"God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this, that power belongeth unto God" (Ps. 62:11). "God hath spoken once": nothing more is necessary! Heaven and earth shall pass away, but His word abideth forever. God hath spoken once: how befitting His Divine majesty! We poor mortals may speak often and yet fail to be heard. He speaks but once and the thunder of His power is heard on a thousand hills. "The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave His voice; hailstones and coals of fire. Yea, He sent out His arrows, and scattered them; and He shot out lightnings, and discomfited them. Then the channels of waters were seen and the foundations of the world were discovered at Thy rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of Thy nostrils" (Ps. 18:13-15).

"God hath spoken once": behold His unchanging authority. "For who in the heaven can be compared unto the Lord? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the Lord?" (Ps. 89:6). "And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and He doeth according to His will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay His hand, or say unto Him, What dost Thou?" (Dan. 4:35). This was openly displayed when God became incarnate and tabernacled among men. To the leper He said, "I Will, be thou clean, and immediately his leprosy was cleansed" (Matt. 8:3). To one who had lain in the grave four days He cried, "Lazarus, come forth," and the dead came forth. The stormy wind and the angry wave were hushed at a single word from Him. A legion of demons could not resist His authoritative command.

"Power belongeth unto God," and to Him alone. Not a creature in the entire universe has an atom of power save what God delegates. But God’s power is not acquired, nor does it depend upon any recognition by any other authority. It belongs to Him inherently.

God’s power is like Himself, self-existent, self-sustained. Bro, its either u say all wat u see is an illussion and does nt exist or u worship my God. Two choices u have!
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by teniyi(m): 7:38pm On Nov 25, 2012
I also believe trinity is a pagan concept.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by JAkpayen(m): 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2012
@sunkoye
Don't you think Exodus 33:20 (And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live) will become baseless if God became incarnate and terbanacled with men?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by DrMuzungu(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
Are we talking about the trinity of Beelzebub, Uriel and Lucifer?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by tevinsolt: 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2012
The bible does not teach trinity? No the word "trinity" is not in the bible, rapture isn't either but it does explain what is going to happen

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Chuksxp: 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
JAkpayen: @sunkoye
Don't you think Exodus 33:20 (And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live) will become baseless if God became incarnate and terbanacled with men?

The Son is the image of the invisible God, ~ Colossians 1:15a

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form ~ Colossians 2:9

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by sunkoye: 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2012
Chuksxp:

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form ~ Colossians 2:9
God bless u
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2012
Boomark:

Most of them don't know how to define trinity yet the are proud of it. What the bible did not teach.
let me use benny hinn's (a protestant who believes in the trinity) illustrations in one of his book to explain the trinity to you.
the sun for example is one, but it has 3 special functions, the round shape you see, the light rays,and the heat that emmanates from it to keep the earth warm.

the trinity is like the sun, the father,son and spirit all in one God performing different functions but still as one God.
you cannot separate the heat from the sun nor the light from the sun cos all makes up the sun that is how the father cannot be separated from the son or spirit cos all of them are one.
its though confusing but believe it. someone gave me the book to read after i saw a post here talking about the trinity. may be you should get the book too(good morning holy spirit) and understand the mystery of the trinity.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
Boomark:

let me use benny hinn's (a protestant who believes in the trinity) illustrations in one of his book to explain the trinity to you.
the sun for example is one, but it has 3 special functions, the round shape you see, the light rays,and the heat that emmanates from it to keep the earth warm.

the trinity is like the sun, the father,son and spirit all in one God performing different functions but still as one God.
you cannot separate the heat from the sun nor the light from the sun cos all makes up the sun that is how the father cannot be separated from the son or spirit cos all of them are one.
its though confusing but believe it. someone gave me the book to read after i saw a post here talking about the trinity. may be you should get the book too(good morning holy spirit) and understand the mystery of the trinity.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
Boomark:

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
nne3870:

Benny Hinn

You guys keep following false prophets !!
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
Chuksxp:

But man was made in God's image, is he then part of the trinity.

Go look for the meaning of image.

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." - Genesis 1:27

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Want To Know About MFM / Church Structure & Sole Authority Pastors / She Lost Her Husband & Her 5 Children In A Day And She Can't Give Birth Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.