Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? (8658 Views)

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} / The Truth About The Holy Trinity. / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by FlamingGun: 9:31am On Nov 26, 2012
That last bit "And these three are one" is a spurious text. Do your research!
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by LemonBoy1: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2012
D trinitarians / catholics in ds thread need nt waste their strength nd time xplaining the HOLY TRINITY, reasn because " Its beyond Human reasoning nd comprehension" nd dts y here in Catholic Church its called "the Mystrey of The Holy Trinity" sch dt even His Holiness (The Pope) himself won't venture exhausting ds issue for fear of blasphemy sef. So my fellow trinitarians, GOD'S ESSENCE can't be fully comprehended evn by angels nt 2 talk of humans sef
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Jutresbien: 9:43am On Nov 26, 2012
LemonBoy1: D trinitarians / catholics in ds thread need nt waste their strength nd time xplaining the HOLY TRINITY, reasn because " Its beyond Human reasoning nd comprehension" nd dts y here in Catholic Church its called "the Mystrey of The Holy Trinity" sch dt even His Holiness (The Pope) himself won't venture exhausting ds issue for fear of blasphemy sef. So my fellow trinitarians, GOD'S ESSENCE can't be fully comprehended evn by angels nt 2 talk of humans sef

Why are we different from animals if we cannot reason logically and draw conclusions? The only reason y the trinity doctrine cannot be explained is that it is false. The truth is so so glaring. I wish you could just step away for a while and examine the facts and let the scriptures speak for themselves.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by LemonBoy1: 9:50am On Nov 26, 2012
Jutresbien:

Why are we different from animals if we cannot reason logically and draw conclusions? The only reason y the trinity doctrine cannot be explained is that it is false. The truth is so so glaring. I wish you could just step away for a while and examine the facts and let the scriptures speak for themselves.

in dt case, u nd animals r dsame. U av never seen God, bt u believe in God dt He exists? Y? Y wil u believe smbody's own reasoning (cos u were actualy taught so by sm one) dt God exists when u av nt seen God wit ur 2 eyes?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by matrix789: 9:59am On Nov 26, 2012
JESUS THE SAME YESTERDAY TODAY AND FOREVER.
HE IS MELCHIZEDEK THE ALMIGHTY GOD
WITHOUT BEGINNING and WITHOUT ENDING.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Jutresbien: 10:00am On Nov 26, 2012
LemonBoy1:

in dt case, u nd animals r dsame. U av never seen God, bt u believe in God dt He exists? Y? Y wil u believe smbody's own reasoning (cos u were actualy taught so by sm one) dt God exists when u av nt seen God wit ur 2 eyes?

(Romans 1:20) For his invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable; Again the scriptures show that only the stupid say that there is no God.-pd 14:1

There really is no comparison here cos my believes are based not only on what I see but on what the bible says. I do not mean to get you worked up but if you have believes that you hold on to without scriptural basis, then u shd drop it. In between, try to refer to the bible in ur next post.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by matrix789: 10:46am On Nov 26, 2012
Heb 7:1-3

1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Oahray: 10:47am On Nov 26, 2012
LemonBoy1: D trinitarians / catholics in ds thread need nt waste their strength nd time xplaining the HOLY TRINITY, reasn because " Its beyond Human reasoning nd comprehension " nd dts y here in Catholic Church its called "the Mystrey of The Holy Trinity" sch dt even His Holiness (The Pope) himself won't venture exhausting ds issue for fear of blasphemy sef. So my fellow trinitarians, GOD'S ESSENCE can't be fully comprehended evn by angels nt 2 talk of humans sef
Why believe something that defies all reasoning? Just because a group of Bishop's under Connstantine in the first council of Nicea claimed that was what every christian should believe. Didnt the catholic church teach that Jesus was born in December 25th too. Recently, the Pope admitted it wasnt true. Talk about infallibility of the church. Would you rather believe your church over the bible? The bible is the basis for christian beliefs today. Check out what it says about God being an unexplainable mystery:
"No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him ". -John 1:18 (King James' Version)
Yes, Jesus being different from his Father, declared or explained the Father so that we might know Him. If God was a total mystery, why did Jesus bother?
"And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God . And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life." -1 John 5:20 (New Living Translation)
We have been given understanding so that we can KNOW the only true God. This would give eternal life. Yes! The true God isnt a mysterious being that cant be known.
"And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God , and Jesus Christ whom you have sent." -John 17:3 (English Standard Version)
This verse shows who the true God is- He is the one who sent Jesus. The Father is the ONLY TRUE GOD. If we do not know their true identity as two distinct unequal beings, how do we put faith in whom we do not know? How can we have the eternal life promised here?
Trinitarians how is it you want to make God a mystery, when Jesus and the Bible revealed Him?
That is going against what Jesus stood for.
It is the baseless and unexplainable doctrine that is a mystery, not true identity of God and Jesus.
That Trinity docrine seeks to veil the eyes of people so they would never truly know God or have life.
It is simply anti-Christ!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Boomark(m): 11:00am On Nov 26, 2012
LemonBoy1: D trinitarians / catholics in ds thread need nt waste their strength nd time xplaining the HOLY TRINITY, reasn because " Its beyond Human reasoning nd comprehension" nd dts y here in Catholic Church its called "the Mystrey of The Holy Trinity" sch dt even His Holiness (The Pope) himself won't venture exhausting ds issue for fear of blasphemy sef. So my fellow trinitarians, GOD'S ESSENCE can't be fully comprehended evn by angels nt 2 talk of humans sef

What the Pope believed and is afraid of is not what the bible teach. It is not what the apostles who are filled with the holyspirit taught us. Beware! Evil spirits are everywhere putting fear in people.

But when you have the word of God, you can stand the devil and his agents anywhere and wount fear them. Christ rebuked every of satan's temptation from the scripture.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by matrix789: 11:08am On Nov 26, 2012
Boomark:

What the Pope believed and is afraid of is not what the bible teach. It is not what the apostles who are filled with the holyspirit taught us. Beware! Evil spirits are everywhere putting fear in people.

But when you have the word of God, you can stand the devil and his agents anywhere and wount fear them. Christ rebuked every of satan's temptation from the scripture.

JEHOVAS WITNESS
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by matrix789: 11:10am On Nov 26, 2012
Oahray: Why believe something that defies all reasoning? Just because a group of Bishop's under Connstantine in the first council of Nicea claimed that was what every christian should believe. Didnt the catholic church teach that Jesus was born in December 25th too. Recently, the Pope admitted it wasnt true. Talk about infallibility of the church. Would you rather believe your church over the bible? The bible is the basis for christian beliefs today. Check out what it says about God being an unexplainable mystery:
Yes, Jesus being different from his Father, declared or explained the Father so that we might know Him. If God was a total mystery, why did Jesus bother?
We have been given understanding so that we can KNOW the only true God. This would give eternal life. Yes! The true God isnt a mysterious being that cant be known.
This verse shows who the true God is- He is the one who sent Jesus. The Father is the ONLY TRUE GOD. If we do not know their true identity as two distinct unequal beings, how do we put faith in whom we do not know? How can we have the eternal life promised here?
Trinitarians how is it you want to make God a mystery, when Jesus and the Bible revealed Him?

NOBODY DENIES THAT GOD THE FATHER DOES NOT EXIST OR SEND JESUS.
BUT JESUS IS ONE WITH HIS FATHER IN EVERY ESSENCE.AGAIN I KNOW YOU ARE A JEHOVAS WITNESS
That is going against what Jesus stood for.
It is the baseless and unexplainable doctrine that is a mystery, not true identity of God and Jesus.
That Trinity docrine seeks to veil the eyes of people so they would never truly know God or have life.
It is simply anti-Christ!
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by matrix789: 11:12am On Nov 26, 2012
MELCHIZEDEK DOES NOT HAVE A BEGINNING AND AN END
HEB 7:3
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by clomn(m): 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
I believe in the Holy Trinity.
I mean ato nime out di ngozi.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by adventisty: 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2012
The analogy of an egg best explain this: The parts are three but still one each with distinct functions.
Also, using a three in one stereo which has a cassette cormpartment, a radio and a CD compartment but it is still one Unit.
Or A machine which is mono block that has a rinser, a filling and a capping units all in one block.
You do not refer to these aformentioned analogy as different but one.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2012
adventisty: The analogy of an egg best explain this: The parts are three but still one each with distinct functions.
Also, using a three in one stereo which has a cassette cormpartment, a radio and a CD compartment but it is still one Unit.
Or A machine which is mono block that has a rinser, a filling and a capping units all in one block.
You do not refer to these aformentioned analogy as different but one.

And I suppose you have backing from the Bible that God is like an egg, a stereo or a machine in composistion.

How about you just accept this simple explanation:

Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah - Deutronomy 6:4
That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth. - Psalms 83:18
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by adventisty: 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2012
With human logic/reasoning you WILL never comprehend the concept of TRINITY!
This is absolute mystery that ONLY God will explain to you when you make heaven.
Your primary duty now is to make heaven and ask GOD this question when you get there.
So many mystery human cannot really give explanation to, you can think of many more of such!!!!
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by matrix789: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
TroGunn:

And I suppose you have backing from the Bible that God is like an egg, a stereo or a machine in composistion.

How about you just accept this simple explanation:

Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah - Deutronomy 6:4
That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth. - Psalms 83:18

Jehova's Witness

No body doubts this verse just 1 Jn5:7 there are 3 that bear record in heaven and they are 1.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
matrix789:

No body doubts this verse just 1 Jn5:7 there are 3 that bear record in heaven and they are 1.

A lot of Trinitarian scholars nowadays accept that this verse was not written by John. Having access to collections of hundreds of manuscripts, modern scholars are able to determine this verse was introduced into the Bible long after John wrote this letter. Most Bible translations got rid of it.

Read more about this spurious verse here --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by tevinsolt: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2012
i guess John was talking of someone else, oh mhen why didn't Jesus correct Thomas for worshiping him? blasphemy?
why did he forgive sins? when only God can.......

i guess it is irrational to think Jesus was God in flesh because the father was greater than when he was a man.......but wait Jesus had to worship God too, because he was fully man, and the bible says Yahweh is the God of ALL flesh

why did the angel stopped John from worshiping him, but Jesus didn't?

why did he refer to himself as the alpha and omega, the eternal God?

and why would God share his glory with a man, if Jesus is certainly a man?

why did he said to the disciples to go and make disciples baptizing in the name of the Father, Son and Holy spirit?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by matrix789: 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2012
TroGunn:

A lot of Trinitarian scholars nowadays accept that this verse was not written by John. Having access to collections of hundreds of manuscripts, modern scholars are able to determine this verse was introduced into the Bible long after John wrote this letter. Most Bible translations got rid of it.

Read more about this spurious verse here --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum

OK TEHRE ARE MANY INTERNET MATERIALS EVEN MAMMON and RUSSELIST.
but if this bible is being contested then i cant go further.Remember in the last days a lot of Anti-chist teaching will appear.
1 John 5:7 is now not bible because it supports TRINITY.
kudos
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Todaynatoday: 2:40pm On Nov 26, 2012
tevinsolt: i guess John was talking of someone else, oh mhen why didn't Jesus correct Thomas for worshiping him? blasphemy?
So your point is that there is no difference between Yahweh and Yeshua. Heb. 1:8 shows us why Jesus can accept worship, He accepts worship because His Father has exalted Him to the highest position in heaven and on earth and has given Him authority over all things nevertheless 1 corinthians 11:3 shows that Jesus is still subject to God
why did he forgive sins? when only God can.......
He said "your sins are forgiven"[so what He meant in essense was that his sins were forgiven by God] and not "i forgive your sins" if you read that verse clearly, you will realise that the people gave glory to God and realised that God has given men authority to forgive sins.

i guess it is irrational to think Jesus was God in flesh because the father was greater than when he was a man.......but wait Jesus had to worship God too, because he was fully man, and the bible says Yahweh is the God of ALL flesh
You err, God is not the God of all flesh, He is the God of all creations [everything made by Him is under His control]

why did the angel stopped John from worshiping him, but Jesus didn't?
Jesus is not an angel, He is the Son of God. He is superior to angels

why did he refer to himself as the alpha and omega, the eternal God?
Could you kindly point me to the verse?

and why would God share his glory with a man, if Jesus is certainly a man?
Jesus is not just any man, He is the Son of God sent to redeem man

why did he said to the disciples to go and make disciples baptizing in the name of the Father, Son and Holy spirit?
You see that He seperated them, He never said, God the father, God the son and God the Holy spirit. They all have different designations. Yahweh is supreme, Yeshua is the Son of Yahweh, He is our mediator & the Holy Spirit is our guide,He is the spirit of truth.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Todaynatoday: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2012
matrix789:

but if this bible is being contested then i cant go further.Remember in the last days a lot of Anti-chist teaching will appear.
kudos
Why don't we check another translation of 1 john 5 from verse 1 to 8. I hope this explains to you that "one" used in Kjv merely shows that they are in agreement and they work together.
[quote] John 5:1-8
New Living Translation
(NLT)
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has become a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too. 2 We know we love God’s children if we love God and obey his commandments. 3 Loving God means keeping his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome. 4 For every child of God defeats this evil world,
and we achieve this victory through our faith. 5 And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe
that Jesus is the Son of God. 6 And Jesus Christ was revealed as God’s Son by his baptism in water and by shedding his blood on the cross—not by water only, but by water and blood. And
the Spirit, who is truth, confirms it with his testimony.
7 So we have these three witnesses— 8 the Spirit, the water, and the blood—and all three agree.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by tevinsolt: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
isn't flesh part of God's creation? you are contradicting yourself, nowhere does the bible says God is one person, neither is there the word trinity in it... but the bible obviously and unmistakeably shows there's a tri-une God by reading John we can determine, since he came to dwell among men ..........him being the "Son of God" refers to the humanity of Jesus. Clearly the humanity of Jesus is not eternal but was born in Bethlehem. Galatians 4:4 says, "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law."

We know that Jesus as God pre-existed the Incarnation, since the deity of Jesus is none other than the Father Himself. (John 14:10)

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by LemonBoy1: 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
Al u guys saying we catholics believe witout reasoning nd cnt see, u rili mk me laff. Nw y do u believe dt God exist wen u hav'nt evn seen HIM since u were born, y believe He created heaven nd every other tin wen u were nt dia during creation, y even believe dt Jesus came 2 die 4 ur sins wen u wia nt present wen it hapnd neither did u sought His help to that effect, y believe in d bible (bk of Job esp) wen it hs being proven by archeologist nd Historians dt Job neva existed, y evn believe in d bible at all wen it nt even complete ( bk of John) etc... Av said it b4, The ESSENCE of GOD cn nt nd cn never b fully explaind or comprehended by Man (human being never evn fit read smbdy mind easily den na 2 understand GOD cmpletely) evn d bible at one point call God THE INCOMPREHENSIBLE ONE, meaning that The ESSENCE of GOD is beyond imagination of any being. As 4 me, i rest my case hia
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Todaynatoday: 3:44pm On Nov 26, 2012
tevinsolt: isn't flesh part of God's creation?
you said, God was the God of flesh, I was merely pointing out your error. By saying God was the God of flesh, you mean that He has control only over fleshy beings [man], your point was that because Jesus became man, that was why He was under God which is a lie. Read 1 Corinthians 11 vs 3 again.
you are contradicting yourself, nowhere does the bible says God is one person
really? So what is Mark 12:29 & Ephesians 4:6 talking about
neither is there the word trinity in it...
yes you are right abou that
but the bible obviously and unmistakeably shows there's a tri-une God by reading John we can determine, since he came to dwell among men ..........him being the "Son of God" refers to the humanity of Jesus. Clearly the humanity of Jesus is not eternal but was born in Bethlehem. Galatians 4:4 says, "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law."

We know that Jesus as God pre-existed the Incarnation, since the deity of Jesus is none other than the Father Himself. (John 14:10)
Read my post above, I've already addressed the topic of God and Jesus being "one" They are one in the sense that they have the same purpose and are in agreement. Not the same people. Jeeeeeeeez!
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Femmymata2(m): 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2012
Law-confessor:

I wonder oo......but no mind him jare
I don pardon him tete
u really impress me.As athiest i'm dissapointed with ifeness comment but it shows u are really matured
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Lawconfessor(f): 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2012
Femmymata2: U really impress me. As atheist i'm dissapointed with ifeness comment but it shows u are really matured

Fenks dear.
GOD BLESS U...... wink wink wink wink
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Boomark(m): 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2012
matrix789:

JEHOVAS WITNESS

Is the Pope afraid of them? Is it why he can't define trinity very well?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2012
matrix789:

kudos

As you know, the Bible was not originally in English, older manuscripts are closer to the original copies and are more accurate. 1 John 5:7 with the additions is considered spurious because the addition was found to be absent in older manuscripts, meaning it was introduced at a later time. It's why most modern translations don't include this verse.
Feel free to research it open mindedly.

The trinity teaching has a definite origin - 325 AD. Google it. People won't question it so much if it was really in the Bible and if so many verses in the Bible don't contradict it.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by tevinsolt: 4:21am On Nov 27, 2012
Jesus is God, that's the bottom line of the entire New Testament. 1 Timothy 3:16, Colossians 2:9, John 1:1, 1:14. The scripture in Philippians 2:6-8 may be translated as follows: "For He, though eternally possessing the divine nature, did not regard His existing-in-a-manner-equal-with-God (i.e., His deity or divinity) as something to be (selfishly) maintained, but He emptied Himself in that He assumed a servant's nature and appeared as a man, becoming obedient to death. Thought it not robbery to be equal to God means that Christ decided not to continue to enjoy the reverence due Him as God. He never laid aside his deity but he allowed sinful men to blaspheme him, scourge him and nail him to the cross. The ultimate expression of humility and obedience came from God manifest in the flesh himself.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by peterugoobi(m): 6:21am On Nov 27, 2012
I will tell you a story which you can google to verify its authenticity

a man now st augustine didn't believe in the trinity, but as a devout and pious man he wasn't rash in his judgement as many christains are concerning the things of God so he prayed for enlightement.

On day walking on a beach, he saw a young boy with a spoon in this hand. The boy would repeatedly go to the ocean, get ocean water in is spoon then pour the ocean water into a small hole he dug by the beach. Saint augustine who has being watching the boy came up worried to him and asked him "young man what are you trying to do?" the boy still carrying on with his task replied the saint " l want to empty the entire ocean into this small hole!". The saint said to him "that it is IMPOSSIBLE! To do that" then the boy who had very turned to look at saint augustine turned and told him "how then do you expect to understand the mystery of the blessed trinity" and disappered.

Virgin l love you save souls
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by ijawkid(m): 6:29am On Nov 27, 2012
tevinsolt: Jesus is God, that's the bottom line of the entire New Testament. 1 Timothy 3:16, Colossians 2:9, John 1:1, 1:14. The scripture in Philippians 2:6-8 may be translated as follows: "For He, though eternally possessing the divine nature, did not regard His existing-in-a-manner-equal-with-God (i.e., His deity or divinity) as something to be (selfishly) maintained, but He emptied Himself in that He assumed a servant's nature and appeared as a man, becoming obedient to death. Thought it not robbery to be equal to God means that Christ decided not to continue to enjoy the reverence due Him as God. He never laid aside his deity but he allowed sinful men to blaspheme him, scourge him and nail him to the cross. The ultimate expression of humility and obedience came from God manifest in the flesh himself.

There are 2 basic things that can never happen to the almÍghty...

1.........The almighty cannot die..
2.....The almighty cannot and has never been seen...........

So start pondering on those basic facts instead of struggling so hard to prove that Jesus is the almighty or equal to the Father......

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

She Lost Her Husband & Her 5 Children In A Day And She Can't Give Birth Again / Pastor Chris And Anita Are Back Together . / Proof That The Story Of Noah Is A Fable And Unreal ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.