Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? (8652 Views)

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} / The Truth About The Holy Trinity. / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Zet72(m): 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
grin
LemonBoy1:

U nid 2 weep 4 ur sef nd ur after life 4 ds rubbish u js said...hw d hell can u fully understand d HOLY TRINITY wen u nd ur cohots cnt explain d perfection of nature, wen u nd ur cohots cnt explain d reason behind "the living bodies of Saints that died long ago nd av being buried 4 centuries nd millenia, yet theiri bodies r still as fresh as ever" ?
grin
LemonBoy1:

U nid 2 weep 4 ur sef nd ur after life 4 ds rubbish u js said...hw d hell can u fully understand d HOLY TRINITY wen u nd ur cohots cnt explain d perfection of nature, wen u nd ur cohots cnt explain d reason behind "the living bodies of Saints that died long ago nd av being buried 4 centuries nd millenia, yet their bodies r still as fresh as ever" ?
firstly there is nothing like trinity in the bible,let alone holy,
secondly in the bible (new tmt)apostle Paul call the believers saints while their were alife so I don't see the correlation b/w bible saint & una saint
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by JAkpayen(m): 8:09pm On Nov 25, 2012
Chuksxp:

The Son is the image of the invisible God, ~ Colossians 1:15a

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form ~ Colossians 2:9
sunkoye: God bless u
*confused*......too many contradictions

Okay please explain this below:

JAkpayen: @HerexG/Law-confessor

What does Acts 7:55-56 mean? (But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God).
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Boomark(m): 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
nne3870:
let me use benny hinn's (a protestant who believes in the trinity) illustrations in one of his book to explain the trinity to you.
the sun for example is one, but it has 3 special functions, the round shape you see, the light rays,and the heat that emmanates from it to keep the earth warm.

the trinity is like the sun, the father,son and spirit all in one God performing different functions but still as one God.
you cannot separate the heat from the sun nor the light from the sun cos all makes up the sun that is how the father cannot be separated from the son or spirit cos all of them are one.
its though confusing but believe it. someone gave me the book to read after i saw a post here talking about the trinity. may be you should get the book too(good morning holy spirit) and understand the mystery of the trinity.

Are you saying that the Father, Son and Holyspirit are just one person who is one God since they cannot be separated?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by 2good(m): 8:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
sunkoye: let me tell u about my and ur God!see, We cannot have a right conception of God unless we think of Him as all-powerful, as well as all-wise. He who cannot do what he will and perform all his pleasure cannot be God. As God hath a will to resolve what He deems good, so has He power to execute His will.

The power of God is that ability and strength whereby He can bring to pass whatsoever He pleases, whatsoever His infinite wisdom may direct, and whatsoever the infinite purity of His will may resolve. . . . As holiness is the beauty of all God’s attributes, so power is that which gives life and action to all the perfections of the Divine nature. How vain would be the eternal counsels, if power did not step in to execute them. Without power His mercy would be but feeble pity, His promises an empty sound, His threatenings a mere scarecrow. God’s power is like Himself: infinite, eternal, incomprehensible; it can neither be checked, restrained, nor frustrated by the creature. (S. Charnock).

"God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this, that power belongeth unto God" (Ps. 62:11). "God hath spoken once": nothing more is necessary! Heaven and earth shall pass away, but His word abideth forever. God hath spoken once: how befitting His Divine majesty! We poor mortals may speak often and yet fail to be heard. He speaks but once and the thunder of His power is heard on a thousand hills. "The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave His voice; hailstones and coals of fire. Yea, He sent out His arrows, and scattered them; and He shot out lightnings, and discomfited them. Then the channels of waters were seen and the foundations of the world were discovered at Thy rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of Thy nostrils" (Ps. 18:13-15).

"God hath spoken once": behold His unchanging authority. "For who in the heaven can be compared unto the Lord? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the Lord?" (Ps. 89:6). "And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and He doeth according to His will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay His hand, or say unto Him, What dost Thou?" (Dan. 4:35). This was openly displayed when God became incarnate and tabernacled among men. To the leper He said, "I Will, be thou clean, and immediately his leprosy was cleansed" (Matt. 8:3). To one who had lain in the grave four days He cried, "Lazarus, come forth," and the dead came forth. The stormy wind and the angry wave were hushed at a single word from Him. A legion of demons could not resist His authoritative command.

"Power belongeth unto God," and to Him alone. Not a creature in the entire universe has an atom of power save what God delegates. But God’s power is not acquired, nor does it depend upon any recognition by any other authority. It belongs to Him inherently.

God’s power is like Himself, self-existent, self-sustained. Bro, its either u say all wat u see is an illussion and does nt exist or u worship my God. Two choices u have!

Can't believe you spent so much time typing this gibberish in response to my earlier question. Does you response make any logical sense to you?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
frosbel:

But man was made in God's image, is he then part of the trinity.

Go look for the meaning of image.

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." - Genesis 1:27
verse 26 of genesis 1 says: let us create man in our image and likenes....., definately there are 'people' the scripture was referring to who verse 27 pointed out as one God that cannot be separated.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 25, 2012
nne3870:
verse 26 of genesis 1 says: let us create man in our image and likenes....., definately there are 'people' the scripture was referring to who verse 27 pointed out as one God that cannot be separated.

and who are the 'US'.

How many of them ?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by sunkoye: 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
frosbel:

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." - Genesis 1:27
we are God's image but created. We can not be God.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2012
Boomark:

Are you saying that the Father, Son and Holyspirit are just one person who is one God since they cannot be separated?
yes! they are three personalities in one God. we pray to the almighty God by the power of the holy spirit through Jesus christ. they cannot be separated because one cannot do without another like i illustrated with the sun. you cannot sholve the spirit behind as a christian for he is the one who helps us to pray to God, and you cant ignore christ when praying to God cos he is God and the son of God.
we need wisdom from the holyspirit to fully understand the mystery of the holy trinity
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Jutresbien: 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
When God said 'LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE', He was speaking to Jesus. Col 1:15-17 and Prov 8:22-31 clearly show that Jesus was created before everything else and thereafter worked beside his father as a 'master worker' in creating everything else. Do well to read the scriptures and prayerfully meditate on them.
That Genesis account, actually disproves the trinity for God could not have been referring to HIMSELF using the plural terms US and OUR.
I seem to have noticed that most people who claim to believe in the trinity, simply believe in the existence of God, his son and the holy spirit. The trinity doctrine goes beyond that, stating that "the father, son and holy spirit are Gods, co-eternal, co-equal and co-substantial and yet being together not three but one God". If you dont agree with the part in QUOTES, then what you believe is not the trinity.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 25, 2012
frosbel:

and who are the 'US'.

How many of them ?
the holy spirit, son and father were all present during creation but as one God.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by sunkoye: 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
2good:

Can't believe you spent so much time typing this gibberish in response to my earlier question. Does you response make any logical sense to you?
yea..I will say it again and again. “You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the God incarnate
: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. My God has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Boomark(m): 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2012
frosbel:

The Son also is the image of the Father. That is everything is in the image of the Father, the only true God.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
nne3870:
the holy spirit, son and father were all present during creation but as one God.

but the bible never says this !!

The bible uses the word 'us' in v26 but then qualifies this with a singular pronoun in v27 , meaning that actually God was consulting his heavenly governing council made up of very high ranking angels.

God always makes his will known to his angels and prophets, for example :

"Then the LORD said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do?" - Genesis 18:17

You cannot convert the word 'us' into the holy spirit, father and son when the bible says no such thing. You are assuming this concept based on tradition not on fact or reality.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Jutresbien: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
nne3870:
yes! they are three personalities in one God. we pray to the almighty God by the power of the holy spirit through Jesus christ. they cannot be separated because one cannot do without another like i illustrated with the sun. you cannot sholve the spirit behind as a christian for he is the one who helps us to pray to God, and you cant ignore christ when praying to God cos he is God and the son of God.
we need wisdom from the holyspirit to fully understand the mystery of the holy trinity

I beg to disagree. Jesus is referred to as first born of all creature. Simply, of all creatures, he is first. Therefore, the creator existed without him for a while. Then there is his death and resurrection by God after three days(Acts 10:40). During those times, the father existed without the son. The scriptures show that the father and son are always in agreement. John 5:19, 6:38, 7:16. To say the father cannot do without the son however, is to stretch the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
2good:

mr. atheist, just grow up and go away, give people a chance to believe in whatever they want.

Stop trolling .
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Lawconfessor(f): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
Jutresbien: When God said 'LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE', He was speaking to Jesus. Col 1:15-17 and Prov 8:22-31 clearly show that Jesus was created before everything else and thereafter worked beside his father as a 'master worker' in creating everything else. Do well to read the scriptures and prayerfully meditate on them.
That Genesis account, actually disproves the trinity for God could not have been referring to HIMSELF using the plural terms US and OUR.
I seem to have noticed that most people who claim to believe in the trinity, simply believe in the existence of God, his son and the holy spirit. The trinity doctrine goes beyond that, stating that "the father, son and holy spirit are Gods, co-eternal, co-equal and co-substantial and yet being together not three but one God". If you dont agree with the part in QUOTES, then what you believe is not the trinity.

Be thou blessed & blessed & blessed & blessed IJN.....Amen
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2012
Jutresbien: When God said 'LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE', He was speaking to Jesus. Col 1:15-17 and Prov 8:22-31 clearly show that Jesus was created before everything else and thereafter worked beside his father as a 'master worker' in creating everything else. Do well to read the scriptures and prayerfully meditate on them.

Jesus was not created before eternity, he was begotten through Mary as a MAN , the Son of GOD and by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Nowhere does the 'us' refer to specific names or titles, stop making things up and assuming.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Boomark(m): 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2012
nne3870:

So God was saying to one God "let us make man in our own image"?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Jutresbien: 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
frosbel:

Jesus was not created before eternity, he was begotten through Mary as a MAN , the Son of GOD and by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Nowhere does the 'us' refer to specific names or titles, stop making things up and assuming.

U're obviously referring to his birth as a human by Mary. I am talking about his existence as a spirit creature before he came to earth to be born as a man. (John 3:13; 6:38, 62; 17:4, 5).

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by 2good(m): 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
frosbel:

mr. atheist, just grow up and go away, give people a chance to believe in whatever they want.

Stop trolling .

ok Sir Frosbel, I will give you all chance. Enjoy the remaining discussion
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by tevinsolt: 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
God is a being not a person, in that being there are three persons. He is God, you read your bible, early churches acknowledged him as being God in Human flesh, even Muslims know this and it's their Qur'an.

and also when God told Abraham to go and sacrifice Isaac at Moriah, Isaac asked where is the lamb that will be used for the offering, God will provide Abraham said....on that same mountain was where Jesus was crucified and it was God that gave himself for mankind....these archeological historical verifiable facts
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Boomark(m): 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2012
nne3870:

I said one person who is called God. You said yes and your telling me 3 personalities in one God. Be consistent with the definition na.

Each of them is a God and the 3 of them are also one God?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Jutresbien: 9:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
tevinsolt: God is a being not a person, in that being there are three persons. He is God, you read your bible, early churches acknowledged him as being God in Human flesh, who came to die for the sins of the world and show us how to live holy lives, and how to pray to the father.
It'll be nice to see those portions where early xtians acknowledged Jesus as God in human flesh. What I'm familiar with is Peter's statement 'YOU ARE THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD'-Matt 16:16. 1ST JOHN 4:9 calls him the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Todaynatoday: 9:09pm On Nov 25, 2012
There is nothing like trinity ooo. Lemme post some verses in the Bible "debunking" trinity

1 Corinthians 15:27-28
New International Version
(NIV)
27 For he “has put
everything under his [Jesus]feet.”
Now when it says that
“everything” has been put
under him, it is clear that this
does not include God himself,
who put everything under
Christ. 28 When he has done
this, then the Son himself will
be made subject to him who
put everything under him, so
that God may be all in all.

una see am?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by HerexG(m): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
2good: Bunch of confused black men/ women. Always arguing on some imported religion with no evidence to back up their claims besides some ancient book. I weep for my race.

How will you explain this :
A man striped in the public
flogged over 30 times
With a whip that has thongs
Then taken to the cross.
Well, we all say Christ was crucified on the cross but don't have'nt sit back to ponder on the kind of excruciating pains He went through.

Here is a glimpse of excruciating pains of crucifixion

When a man is crucified on the cross, and he remains that way for long, he wil need to support the stretched arms and shoulder with the leg to transfer the pressure centred on the arms and shoulders but the leg won't support because it has been nailed.
In a long run, there will be a serious pressure at the shoulder joint (ball and socket joint) region hereby making it to shatter or dislocate. This was the excruciating pain that made Christ exclaimed "Father ! Why have that forsaken me" (He was with the sin of the world) .
After all that, the legs will need to be broken in order to confirm them dead, but Christ died before the Roman soldiers came to Him (It was prophesied over 2000 years ago by prophet Isaiah that non of His bone will not be broken) and this same Prophet prophesied His coming. Then they have to thrust a spear into His stomach.
Don't forget Christ has a nature of man and a God while on earth

How will a man go through all this just for nothing, that flogging alone will make Him denounce who He is .
Also study about Saul changed to Paul, Stephen. (I'm also a living proof of His awesome power because i was once like you ).
With all these i pray that you will have a changed of heart about your belief. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Jutresbien: 9:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
tevinsolt: God is a being not a person, in that being there are three persons. He is God, you read your bible, early churches acknowledged him as being God in Human flesh, even Muslims know this and it's their Qur'an.

and also when God told Abraham to go and sacrifice Isaac at Moriah, Isaac asked where is the lamb that will be used for the offering, God will provide Abraham said....on that same mountain was where Jesus was crucified and it was God that gave himself for mankind....these archeological historical verifiable facts

Now this is interesting. GOD DIED FOR US! The 3 GODS OR 1? And there are inseperable? So who raised them(or him) from the dead?

The being or person part is just English. I'll have to use a dictionary and get back to you.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Todaynatoday: 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
Look at what Jesus said here in John 20:17
(NIV)
17 Jesus said, “Do not hold
on to me, for I have not yet
ascended to the Father. Go
instead to my brothers and
tell them, ‘I am ascending to
my Father and your Father, to
my God and your God.’”
Una see am?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Jutresbien: 9:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
HerexG :

How will you explain this :
A man striped in the public
flogged over 30 times
With a whip that has thongs
Then taken to the cross.
Well, we all say Christ was crucified on the cross but don't have'nt sit back to ponder on the kind of excruciating pains He went through.

Here is a glimpse of excruciating pains of crucifixion

When a man is crucified on the cross, and he remains that way for long, he wil need to support the stretched arms and shoulder with the leg to transfer the pressure centred on the arms and shoulders but the leg won't support because it has been nailed.
In a long run, there will be a serious pressure at the shoulder joint (ball and socket joint) region hereby making it to shatter or dislocate. This was the excruciating pain that made Christ exclaimed "Father ! Why have that forsaken me" (He was with the sin of the world) .
After all that, the legs will need to be broken in order to confirm them dead, but Christ died before the Roman soldiers came to Him (It was prophesied over 2000 years ago by prophet Isaiah that non of His bone will not be broken) and this same Prophet prophesied His coming. Then they have to thrust a spear into His stomach.
Don't forget Christ has a nature of man and a God while on earth

How will a man go through all this just for nothing, that flogging alone will make Him denounce who He is .
Also study about Saul changed to Paul, Stephen. (I'm also a living proof of His awesome power because i was once like you ).
With all these i pray that you will have a changed of heart about your belief. God bless you.

HE 'wasn't just a man who went through all of that'. God's only begotten son offered his perfect human life as a ransom to save mankind. It was an ordeal but the sanctification of his father's name meant a lot to him, no wonder after he requested : father, if possible, take this cup away from me, he added, yet not as I will but as you will.
The fact that he went through that is not prove that he was God.
Early xtians were killed, burnt on stakes etc, much later people who translated the bible faced worse treatments. That does not make them GODS.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by GentleJ2: 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
sunkoye: The Father, the Son and Holy spirit are One. It just a matter of form and reveals. See,Thus, the names Jesus used for himself point to the fact that he was claiming equality with God. But did Jesus speak and act with the authority of God?Those who listened to Jesus, observed his moral perfection, and saw him perform miracles, wondered if he was the long-promised Messiah. Finally his opponents surrounded him at the Temple, asking:

“How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

Jesus answered,

“The proof is what I do in the name of my Father.” He compared his followers with sheep saying, “I give them eternal life, and they will never perish.” He then revealed to them that “the Father is greater than all,” and that his deeds were “at the Father’s direction.” Jesus’ humility must have been disarming. But then Jesus dropped a bombshell, telling them, (John 10:25-30)

“The Father and I are one.”

If Jesus had meant that he was merely in agreement with God, there would have been no strong reaction. But, the Jews again picked up stones to kill him. Jesus then asked them, “At my Father’s direction I have done many things to help the people. For which one of these good deeds are you killing me?”

They replied,

“Not for any good work; but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, have made yourself God” (John 10:33).

As Jesus was preparing his disciples for his upcoming death on the cross and departure, Thomas wanted to know where he was going and the way there. Jesus answered Thomas:

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had known who I am, then you would have known who my Father is. From now on you know him and have seen him.” (John 14:5-9)

They were confused. Philip then speaks up, asking Jesus to “show us the Father.” Jesus’ answers Philip with these shocking words:

“Philip, don’t you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father!”

In effect Jesus was saying, “Philip if you want to see the Father, look at me!” In John 17 Jesus reveals that this oneness with his Father had existed in eternity past, “before the world began.” According to Jesus, there has never been a time when he did not share God’s very glory and essence.

Tank u my broda. U ve jst made my day.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Todaynatoday: 9:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
Jesus once again "debunking" the trinity
John 8:28
(NIV)
28 So Jesus said, “When you
have lifted up the Son of
Man, then you will know that
I am he and that I do
nothing on my own but
speak just what the Father
has taught me.
una see am?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Boomark(m): 9:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
tevinsolt: God is a being not a person, in that being there are three persons. He is God, you read your bible, early churches acknowledged him as being God in Human flesh, even Muslims know this and it's their Qur'an.

So trinity is based on archeological historical verifiable facts which goes against the inspired word of God. I see.

SMH!!!
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Todaynatoday: 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
Another verse showing the error of trinity...

Revelation 1:1
(NIV)
Prologue
1 The revelation from Jesus
Christ, which God gave him
to show his servants what
must soon take place. He
made it known by sending
his angel to his servant John

una see am?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Does God Approve Dating? / I Want To Know About MFM / Church Structure & Sole Authority Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.