Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,576 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? (20420 Views)

Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by KINGwax(m): 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2012
Mowire: @OP. What I see is that you are here to look for justification for/to resist what you know the bible is saying in those verses. There are these verses in the bible (OT) where God said the woman's vows to God are subject to the husbands approval (or her father's if a spinster); that if he disapproves such vows are not binding on her. In other words if a wife makes & pays a vow to God without the husband's approval that vow is a nullity: futile.
Does this make any sense?
i agree with dt but accept some corrections Sir. The bible did not say the woman's vow shld wait till a man approve it, it simply says, if d woman gets home and the man disagree wit d vow, then it's not valid. If a woman makes d vow and d husband agrees, no problem.
Back to d topic, a man is the head and as a christian lady, u shld undstnd how God hold this is the greatest esteem..
1. As CHRIST is d head of the church so is the man..here, if u knw or realise how christ is to the church, then so did God place your husband.
2. The second is the issue of the vow, if God can respect a husband is such a way as to allow him nullify any vow made btw the woman and Him, then he is no small entity.
A husband is no joke and u shldnt have accepted him as your head to make d decisions if u will alwys oppose him and hide behind respect.
In every organization in which home is one, there is a head, there is a helper who is the assistant. The bible didn't say the woman's opinion is not worthy, because He understood perfectly dt a woman also can have a helpful idea. An example was when He commanded dt if any woman has anythin to say within d church, she shld tell d husband who will in turn tell the elders. If woman are regarded as no sensible thing, one shldnt even listen to them.
Like my above friend has said, don't look for excuses, listen to man. If u lack wisdom to deal wit your man, ask the Lord. Some men are difficult but God's wisdom will help u out. You only need to ask. James 1v5
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Pimples(m): 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2012
50calibre:

There is something called HIERARCHY, are everyone in the military or a country or an organization equal? Equality doesnt apply to marriage and family life, the moment equality and justice is brought into the family, the family goes into chaos and ruin.
Ok. Maybe I should not have used the word Equality but the point I'm trying to make is that 1st and foremost, your wife is a human. With rights. Some of these rights include freedom of expression of her intellectual, emotional, mental,.......wills. Your approach encroaches on those rights. We are supposed to have gone past the slave trade era
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by 50calibre(m): 9:51pm On Dec 01, 2012
all4naija: You are missing servitude for rank(that's when hierarchy comes in). Submission is form of oppression that favor one gender above the other and can be very potent in some society that likes men to be worshipped by women. Rather than to share as a couple with differences per gender, through beliefs and customs and equal in responsibility one is forced to be the slave. Women have a lot they play in a family and that must be respected as well as the men. But, when it become servitude that is what I don't agree with on the subject of submission. The definition of submission is indeed tricky and sounds like oppression or enslavement. I wouldn't want any of my sisters to
be slaves to any man, because that is what submission means in the world of chauvinist!

Nobody is trying to enslave the other, a woman should know her place and make an effective use of her position in the family and not by trying to lock horns with her husband, that is the way it has been and that's the way it will continue to be.

Different societies have their own culture, norms and values that works for them. In Germany, a woman Is superior to the man, she calls the shots and makes decisions. In Japan the man works and hands over his income to his wife who then allocates the money for different purposes.

The earlier people (especially women) realize that African culture places a man higher and stop trying to bring in western ideology of equality, the better else the number of unmarried singles will continue to swell.
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
Well color me surprised! The mad dog is grasping on to sanity today! I thought by now, the gutter within would have been unleashed. On a good day, we should be in the realm of 'oloriburuku, 'oloshi', ko ni da fun gbogbo ebi yin', br.east exposing, market woman levels by now.

God is good o.
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by KINGwax(m): 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2012
Shollypopz: shocked shocked shocked
^^^
talk your own
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by 50calibre(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
Pimples:
Ok. Maybe I should not have used the word Equality but the point I'm trying to make is that 1st and foremost, your wife is a human. With rights. Some of these rights include freedom of expression of her intellectual, emotional, mental,.......wills. Your approach encroaches on those rights. We are supposed to have gone past the slave trade era

No! Her rights are protected, and she is free to exercise them but she shouldn't try to impose herself on the man nor expect her views or opinions to be taken.

It should be her responsibility to convince her husband that she is worth listening to and it is the right of the man to either accept or discard whatever she has to offer.
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by trolling(m): 10:10pm On Dec 01, 2012
50calibre:

There is something called HIERARCHY, are everyone in the military or a country or an organization equal? Equality doesnt apply to marriage and family life, the moment equality and justice is brought into the family, the family goes into chaos and ruin.
educate dem jare
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2012
50calibre:

Nobody is trying to enslave the other, a woman should know her place and make an effective use of her position in the family and not by trying to lock horns with her husband, that is the way it has been and that's the way it will continue to be.

Different societies have their own culture, norms and values that works for them. In Germany, a woman Is superior to the man, she calls the shots and makes decisions. In Japan the man works and hands over his income to his wife who then allocates the money for different purposes.

The earlier people (especially women) realize that African culture places a man higher and stop trying to bring in western ideology of equality, the better else the number of unmarried singles will continue to swell.
I don't understand your examples.Really!
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 01, 2012
KINGwax: ^^^
talk your own
I have, on second page. My shock is as a result of 50calibre's posts.
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by trolling(m): 10:13pm On Dec 01, 2012
50calibre:

A real woman who wishes to live under a man, commit her self to him and forge a future for her and her kids, shouldn't expect justice but leadership from her husband
...it should be expect justice AND leadership
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by trolling(m): 10:14pm On Dec 01, 2012
50calibre:

....nice one
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2012
@ 50calibre

What's the essence of being submissive?
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by oyin50(f): 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2012
50calibre:

. @ u are a real and tru African man. My dad use to say even in the animal kingdom there is orderliness. Don't listen to all these rats that want to forcefully be men, why don't u girls become transgender. Silly opportunistic kids.
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by adaemetu(f): 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2012
coogar:

very good question.....
my headship is actually a matter of responsibility and accountability - this is where african men generally screw things up. in sane climes, the head serves his subjects, in africa, the head wants to be served. accepting my authority means she cannot resist my will. this does not mean she cannot express her fears or disagree with some of my decisions...she's my helper not a doormat!

Sooooo on point! Muah*
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by trolling(m): 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2012
coogar:

very good question.....
my headship is actually a matter of responsibility and accountability - this is where african men generally screw things up. in sane climes, the head serves his subjects, in africa, the head wants to be served. accepting my authority means she cannot resist my will. this does not mean she cannot express her fears or disagree with some of my decisions...she's my helper not a doormat!
......and how would the head of the house serve his wife...explain
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by JoannaSedley(f): 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
Some partners kill their spouses because of these submission issue. Male chavinism vs feminism. Respect is reciprocal if you do not believe in that please do not marry. It seems people who ask more about these submission stuff do not know their role in the society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by 50calibre(m): 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
oyin50: . @ u are a real and tru African man. My dad use to say even in the animal kingdom there is orderliness. Don't listen to all these rats that want to forcefully be men, why don't u girls become transgender. Silly opportunistic kids.

You speak like a wise woman
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
oyin50: . @ u are a real and tru African man. My dad use to say even in the animal kingdom there is orderliness. Don't listen to all these rats that want to forcefully be men, why don't u girls become transgender. Silly opportunistic kids.
Okay! A musician once said "some of them want to be abused..."

4 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by oyin50(f): 10:45pm On Dec 01, 2012
all4naija: Okay! A musician once said "some of them want to be abused..."
. listen a woman has her eyes, ears and senses open before she delves into marraige. so many are beclouded prior afterwhich they come crying foul.
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by lapaz6410: 10:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
it means my biatch should say "how high?" when I say JUMP!
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 01, 2012
A lot of people do not carry out any kind of analytical thinking. . . . .wow. . . . .this is a sad thread.

4 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by oyin50(f): 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2012
The plain truth is women these days are uncomfortable with submitting to me even if deep down they know that is the ideal thing but we want to adopt the western bogus feminine liberation garbage. my mom submitted totally to my papa and everyone was happy, He never hindered her purchases of high carat jeweleries, she spends as she likes because she knew her limits when it comes to addressing baba. They are very happy together. Sisters all these talks are out of arrogance and stubborness period. The ones that are most annoying are the men that give in to these pressures. Really annoying.

1 Like

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by 76Naira(m): 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2012
No matter how the questions raised here are answered, people will have more questions based on their attitudes and circumstances.

Don't sample public opinion to form a standard for your relationship.

All you need to make it work is LOVE. that word is quite deep!
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by bukatyne(f): 10:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
50calibre: Submission of my wife to me means

- She accepts and appreciates my superiority and never challenges nor contradicts my decision rather she can let her opinions known politely.

- She respects and see me as her priority coming second in her life after God and can only pray to God and hope that I reciprocate the respect.

- She sees me as her supreme leader, and should always make herself available without second thoughts or hesitation for her conjugal duties, cooking, or anything else should I demand it of her.

- She should see my love for her as a privileged and not a right, and should work tirelessly to earn and keep my love.
i love your opening statement 'submission of my wife to me means...' you don't know what submission means to God. It's your duty to love your wife, she doesn't earn your love or 'work' for it. if you don't love your wife, you are a failure before God.

2 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
oyin50: The plain truth is women these days are uncomfortable with submitting to me even if deep down they know that is the ideal thing but we want to adopt the western bogus feminine liberation garbage. my mom submitted totally to my papa and everyone was happy, He never hindered her purchases of high carat jeweleries, she spends as she likes because she knew her limits when it comes to addressing baba. They are very happy together. Sisters all these talks are out of arrogance and stubborness period. The ones that are most annoying are the men that give in to these pressures. Really annoying.
Huh! Everybody must now be like your mother because she can bear to be submissive! That's revealing. Modern girls listen...
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by drnoel: 10:59pm On Dec 01, 2012
coogar: submission is a gift my wife chooses to give me...it's a free will, a decision she's made to be led by me, to accept my authority and to be my helper whenever i need aid.
Nice,..spoken like he truelly understands
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by coogar: 11:00pm On Dec 01, 2012
trolling:
......and how would the head of the house serve his wife...explain

•providing for her
•securing her
•be accountable for every dime spent and the time spent
•loving her unconditionally
•attending to her at all times
•respecting her

and so on and so forth....

ileobatojo: Well color me surprised! The mad dog is grasping on to sanity today! I thought by now, the gutter within would have been unleashed. On a good day, we should be in the realm of 'oloriburuku, 'oloshi', ko ni da fun gbogbo ebi yin', br.east exposing, market woman levels by now.

God is good o.

mama biology, what's the dealie?
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 01, 2012
all4naija: Huh! Everybody must now be like your mother because she can bear to be submissive! That's revealing. Modern girls listen...
LMAO!! We are! grin
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 01, 2012
oyin50: The plain truth is women these days are uncomfortable with submitting to me even if deep down they know that is the ideal thing but we want to adopt the western bogus feminine liberation garbage. my mom submitted totally to my papa and everyone was happy, He never hindered her purchases of high carat jeweleries, she spends as she likes because she knew her limits when it comes to addressing baba. They are very happy together. Sisters all these talks are out of arrogance and stubborness period. The ones that are most annoying are the men that give in to these pressures. Really annoying.

Lmao! grin grin They are very happy together eh? I'm sure. As long as all that high carat jewelry continue to flow, it's all good.. cheesy cheesy

I need to come and learn some manipulation submission tactics from your mom o. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by bukatyne(f): 11:13pm On Dec 01, 2012
Shollypopz: Submission of women without sugar-coating:

1.) Your husband has the final say. If u like voice your opinions as much as u want, his want and will comes b4 urs
2.) He decides what you do to help the family. It's not your choice
3.) You are a subordinate, he is the boss!
4.) You help him achieve his dreams. Yours doesn't matter cos what ur goal and dream should be is helping him achieve his.

hheheehehee *evil grin*.....Submission is crap, plain oppression and bullsh1t! If a home has to hv a head, then let the smarter one take the role. The role shouldn't be defined by gender.

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 01, 2012
ileobatojo:

Lmao! grin grin They are very happy together eh? I'm sure. As long as all that high carat jewelry continue to flow, it's all good.. cheesy cheesy

I need to come and learn some manipulation submission tactics from your mom o. grin grin

Lmao, yes o. Once we learn to act like that we will all buy plenty jewelry and live happily ever after. Such simple mindedness!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After Over 12 Years Of Waiting / 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper / Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.