Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,246 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? (19430 Views)

Bride To-be Grabs Her Fiance's Butt In Pre-wedding Photo / Club Exposes Girl Who Went Partying Without Her Fiance's Knowledge / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Ishilove: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2012
afam4eva: If you're going to be wife then it's normal to start showing how wifely you can be before marriage.
Bullshitology 101
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by ypzilanti: 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ishilove:
Bullshitology 101

Do you know what a fiance is?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Afam4eva(m): 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ishilove:
Bullshitology 101
What problem do you have with my post? Kindly point it out.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by janejive(f): 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
undecided

8 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by zikclassiq(m): 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hmm. 4rm house chorer to 'bed chores'. Flee from evry appearance of evil.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by ypzilanti: 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
janejive: My neighbour, a Lady, a Lawyer in her mid 30's, she uses a Toyota Camry, a comfirmed big chick who works for her money, was dating dis guy, one saturday I did my laundry in my bathroom, coming out to dry my clothes, and all d clothe line in our compound was covered with boxers and singlets, enough to fill a boutique, and male cloths too, we hand no Man of that size in our compound, the only guy in dt compound is actually very slim. I used hangar on my clothes that saturday. Later she came out, entered her car when to d market bought food stuffs, d next thing d compound ws filled with a nice senting aroma, few hours she'll package the food in deep bowls for deep freezer, package some in cooler, send our gateman to go get full crate of bottled water, remove clothes frm line enter her car, dis will now be in d evening, she'll go over to d guy's house, d next time u'll see her will be monday morning, dis went on and on for months, they finally got engaged, started planning their wedding, did introduction. I went with her to get her wedding gown which she told me she's paying for herself. A month to the wedding this guy called the wedding off! I noticed she ws indoors for almosy a week, d next I saw her she ws like a walking corpse! I have told God, tha Man I'll get married to wldnt turn me into a house help. He will only know if I can do chores or not when we finally get married. Most guys abuse it and expect u 2 start doing their chores even on ur first visit! Its wrong and shldnt be practised, it has got nothing to do with girls been lazy. Its just not worth it. Instead of spending weekend's at my fiance's house doing chores, I'll stay home and do chores for my Parents, if e pain u, abeg hug transformer, I no fit.

People with their plenty examples. What of the men that spent on this and spent on that because they loved one woman and thought the woman would marry them? Thw woman in your example would have seen all sort of warning signs and still soldiered on because she was in her 30s. Guess why she was not married in her 30s? Most likely because she would not keep a cool head when she was younger. It's a thin line between been a caring woman and a desperate one. Human beings know the smell of desperation...both women and men. Desperation is not sexy at all.

6 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by janejive(f): 4:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
Dats it, when a lady does house chores for her fiance she's desperate, when she doesn't she's lazy.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by cupid4ig(m): 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2012
Bibol: I don't think there's much of a big deal in it, so long as you have an understanding fiance. You seriously don't expect a man who will marry you in say, 6 months to always take you to eateries every time you visit. Cooking for him should even be a thing of joy. If you feel he's taking advantage of that, you can politely tell him to help out or just hang around and gist with you. It creates time for bonding. Trust me, no reasonable man will want to settle with a fake girl that only cares about her nails and Brazillian hair. Matured ladies know what to do to make their men happy. True love is not selective. Its high time ladies learnt that when a man loves you, there's no point trying to prove any useless point. If you love him truly, you will go out of your way to make him happy. You stand to gain more when you love and respect a man without nagging or arguing. However, everyone is entitled to their opinions.
u just said it all. Am happy it's coming from a lady.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sweetlemon(f): 5:00pm On Dec 03, 2012
A lady should definitely help her bf or fiance with house chores and cooking esp when there's no one else around to do so.
BUT
Do not make it too often so it doesn't become a case of "see finish"
There are some things that are just too special to give to any man that's not yet your hubby so that it doesn't loose it's value. A lady should reserve some part of herself for her hubby exclusively
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by ypzilanti: 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
janejive: Dats it, when a lady does house chores for her fiance she's desperate, when she doesn't she's lazy.

There is a middle ground.

No reasonable man expects you to move into his house and start vacuuming and mopping the whole place like its your father's house. Or cooking as if you are hosting a party. Same way most men would not spend their whole salary on your problems just cause you are their girlfriend. But once marriage is agreed, both parties start unifying their lives and problems small small.

You simply cannot be a reasonable woman and always expect to eat out when you visit your fiance. Or never do the dishes or clean. It will always put you in a bad light and may make the guy wonder about you. Maybe even reconsider.

If you sincerely believe he is lying when he says he wants to marry you, quit the relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by cupid4ig(m): 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2012
Bibol: I don't think there's much of a big deal in it, so long as you have an understanding fiance. You seriously don't expect a man who will marry you in say, 6 months to always take you to eateries every time you visit. Cooking for him should even be a thing of joy. If you feel he's taking advantage of that, you can politely tell him to help out or just hang around and gist with you. It creates time for bonding. Trust me, no reasonable man will want to settle with a fake girl that only cares about her nails and Brazillian hair. Matured ladies know what to do to make their men happy. True love is not selective. Its high time ladies learnt that when a man loves you, there's no point trying to prove any useless point. If you love him truly, you will go out of your way to make him happy. You stand to gain more when you love and respect a man without nagging or arguing. However, everyone is entitled to their opinions.
u just said it all. Am happy it's coming from a lady.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Vincent41(m): 5:23pm On Dec 03, 2012
Temi 23: Even if u wash his clothes,clean his crib,scrub his dead bathtub 2life,pound yam,b at his beck and call24/7.u might not get a ring!say no 2 slavery lipsrsealed

hahahahahhaha........
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by ypzilanti: 5:28pm On Dec 03, 2012
He: I love you, Baby. Will you marry me?

She: Yes, Yes. I love you too Baby.

A MONTH LATER DURING WEEKEND IN HIS HOUSE

She: Baby,I'm hungry lets go to Chicken Republic and buy some food.

He: I'm broke this weekend, but there is some rice in the kitchen. Maybe you can help me make some sharp sharp jollof rice. I'm hungry too.

She: Baby, you know my rules...no cooking for you until we get married.

He: Oh...yeah I forgot. Okay lets go into the room and have some hot three rounds of s@x before you go then. We can buy chicken republic on the way to your house.

She: Sure my s@xy baby.

He: (thinking) Ol boy...e be like say i don enta one chance,oh. Na only s@x this one sabi. Got to begin retracing my steps.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by ifizi(m): 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
smiley fiance, dey re likely to get married, so ₪☺ big deal, i for 1 dnt allow my fiance do much chore ;Ds, most tyms wen am free we share it 2geda, tease ourselves while we re on it, say sum crazy stuff, share our days xperience 2geda, its fun... I dnt rily tink a lady shud D̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ all the house chores bt i stil dnt see anyfin wrng wif dat...
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by 3direct: 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2012
its no big deal

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by ifizi(m): 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2012
Gbam...... Nutin more to say, thread closed grin grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by solelymade: 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
I dey laugh oh... i found out ladies are tryin 2 evade washin clothes which 2 me is permissible but me think 2 also now see washin dishes,sweepin and cleanin generally as so kind of sacrifice is absolute madness. I do all d odd house chores in my house and i find dis chores interestin. Ladies should please not see dis as something huge, its no big deal. My home can never be dirty because i luv a clean environ but if by chance my girl meets my crib filled wit dirt and she refuses 2 clean then, the more reason i wont marry her.
Anyhow, just live your life as it pleases you.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by ifizi(m): 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2012
janejive: My neighbour, a Lady, a Lawyer in her mid 30's, she uses a Toyota Camry, a comfirmed big chick who works for her money, was dating dis guy, one saturday I did my laundry in my bathroom, coming out to dry my clothes, and all d clothe line in our compound was covered with boxers and singlets, enough to fill a boutique, and male cloths too, we hand no Man of that size in our compound, the only guy in dt compound is actually very slim. I used hangar on my clothes that saturday. Later she came out, entered her car when to d market bought food stuffs, d next thing d compound ws filled with a nice senting aroma, few hours she'll package the food in deep bowls for deep freezer, package some in cooler, send our gateman to go get full crate of bottled water, remove clothes frm line enter her car, dis will now be in d evening, she'll go over to d guy's house, d next time u'll see her will be monday morning, dis went on and on for months, they finally got engaged, started planning their wedding, did introduction. I went with her to get her wedding gown which she told me she's paying for herself. A month to the wedding this guy called the wedding off! I noticed she ws indoors for almosy a week, d next I saw her she ws like a walking corpse! I have told God, tha Man I'll get married to wldnt turn me into a house help. He will only know if I can do chores or not when we finally get married. Most guys abuse it and expect u 2 start doing their chores even on ur first visit! Its wrong and shldnt be practised, it has got nothing to do with girls been lazy. Its just not worth it. Instead of spending weekend's at my fiance's house doing chores, I'll stay home and do chores for my Parents, if e pain u, abeg hug transformer, I no fit.

It all depends on the individual, Ɣ☺ΰ ryt sum men wud take advantage, but dat dpends on the lady, if Ɣ☺ΰ want respect Ɣ☺ΰ gotta give ursef dat respect

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by OracleHex(m): 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2012
OCTAVO:
A million likes for you!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by cupid4ig(m): 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
Matthew 7:16 >> By their fruits u shall know them grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sleek05(f): 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
ichidodo: THIS IS ALL F**KED UP. SO IT IS TRUE! SO MANY WOMEN AROUND BUT NO ONE SUITABLE FOR MARRIAGE. SH*T!

Mr man, if u want a housegrl and not a fiance, dem plenty well well... its not by force 2 marry grls lyk me. U can get a babe dat wil do ur laundry, cook ur food, sweep ur compound, wash ur siblins clothes join or even bathe for u as d case may be since u suddenly became handicapped when u got a grlfrnd.

That being said, lemme paint dis scenerio...I cook, clean and wash for my bf/fiance everyday I go dere, it has become my job. He comes home and is pleased wit me. He gets used 2it and stylishly or jokingly chides me wen I choose not 2do it or don't do it well OR I do one or two thnz wen I'm dere, dats if I have 2, he assists me and we have fun n one day I surprise him. I do all d house chores n everythn...he gets home, sees it, hez impressed and really happy wit me. I do dat just once in a blue moon.

D only time u have 2 do shakara and get a guy 2do all wat u want is wen ure dating. Ure a queen because he still hasn't married u so he wants 2be d best he can be. Guys r no fools..once u get married, everythn changes. U don't get dose special treatments anymore. U become his wife, he becomes d head of ur home. So wen u slave wen u shld be enjoyin, wen in ur life do u want 2 enjoy? Wen do u want 2be treated lyk a queen? (And I mean regularly) Wen do u want 2 do shakara for a guy over and over again while he keeps chasin u? It won't last forever so why slave wen u shld be enjoyin?

Note- U do d house chores once a while 2 surprise him/ please him so its not dat ure lazy or not capable.
FOOD4THOUGHT

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Ishilove: 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
ypzilanti:

Do you know what a fiance is?
No. Please enlighten me, o wise one...
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by DonTim1: 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2012
Education n westenization has corrupted ryt tinking and good moral, it beats me on y a woman wld find house chorse synonymous to slavery. Do it or som1 else wld help u n eventually take ur place.

Once had dat "let's eat out kinda gurl", I matched her wit same effects too
"Let's weave ur hair,no nid for attachtment / weavon, I like u natural"

Heheheheh st.upid lady bit.ches.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by ypzilanti: 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ishilove:
No. Please enlighten me, o wise one...

A fiance is your husband to be...that you agreed to marry...that we assume you are marrying because you love...the intended future father of your children...that you are likely already shagging with reckless abandon.

But you are too much of a prima donna to do some light house work on the weekend.

Americans have a phrase to describe such foolish behavior- its called being 'too cool for school'.

Like I said before, if you don't want to do house chores in your fiances house, stay in your father's house until wedding day. No one will fault you for that. But coming over and acting like you have no stake in the relationship...[b]in a house that you are probably moving to in a couple of months [/b]is not accepted Nigerian behavior.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Ishilove: 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
afam4eva:
What problem do you have with my post? Kindly point it out.
I will be married to you for the rest of my life, God willing, so what is the big rush? There will be time enough to do house chores for you and the family when you marry me, so what is the big rush? If my fiance wants his chores done, then let him hire a housemaid. Of course I will help out occasionally, but that dosent automatically mean i should turn myself to a bloody washwoman and maid.

My best friend was forming capable wifey for her erstwhile fiance. She cooked for him and his mum, transformed his pigsty of an apartment to a pristine luxury resort, did his laundry and ironing and warmed his friggin bed. Today another lady, one small girl he met in the club is bearing the man's surname.

So tell me afam, nwoke, what is the big rush??

During courtship, you should be able to study your partner and be able to sense if they are lazy or not. I don't have to prove anything because like somebody rightly pointed out, it could all be a big act.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Ishilove: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
ypzilanti:

A fiance is your husband to be...that you agreed to marry...that we assume you are marrying because you love...the intended future father of your children...that you are likely already shagging with reckless abandon.

But you are too much of a prima donna to do some light house work on the weekend.

Americans have a phrase to describe such foolish behavior- its called being 'too cool for school'.

Like I said before, if you don't want to do house chores in your fiances house, stay in your father's house until wedding day. No one will fault you for that. But coming over and acting like you have no stake in the relationship...[b]in a house that you are probably moving to in a couple of months [/b]is not accepted Nigerian behavior.
There is such a thing as sarcasm, you know.

That aside,so the 'acceptable Nigerian behaviour' is turning oneself to a maid??
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by ypzilanti: 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ishilove:
I will be married to you for the rest of my life, God willing, so what is the big rush? There will be time enough to do house chores for you and the family when you marry me, so what is the big rush? If my fiance wants his chores done, then let him hire a housemaid. Of course I will help out occasionally, but that dosent automatically mean i should turn myself to a bloody washwoman and maid.

My best friend was forming capable wifey for her erstwhile fiance. She cooked for him and his mum, transformed his pigsty of an apartment to a pristine luxury resort, did his laundry and ironing and warmed his friggin bed. Today another lady, one small girl he met in the club is bearing the man's surname.

During courtship, you should be able to study your partner and be able to sense if they are lazy or not. I don't have to prove anything because like somebody rightly pointed out, it could all be a big act.

Well, I also have a story of a friend whose fiance started moving her things into the guys house 6 mths before they got married. She was at his place every weekend cooking sumptuous meals and 'yes' cleaning too. They were both in a hurry and could not wait. Like I said before, if your relationship is shaky and you have doubts about the guys sincerity, why agree to marry him? Most of these examples people give, if you ask the main actors they will tell you that the relationships were never built on any solid ground. When two people really want to marry each other, they usually do.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Ishilove: 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2012
Sleek05:

Mr man, if u want a housegrl and not a fiance, dem plenty well well... its not by force 2 marry grls lyk me. U can get a babe dat wil do ur laundry, cook ur food, sweep ur compound, wash ur siblins clothes join or even bathe for u as d case may be since u suddenly became handicapped when u got a grlfrnd.

That being said, lemme paint dis scenerio...I cook, clean and wash for my bf/fiance everyday I go dere, it has become my job. He comes home and is pleased wit me. He gets used 2it and stylishly or jokingly chides me wen I choose not 2do it or don't do it well OR I do one or two thnz wen I'm dere, dats if I have 2, he assists me and we have fun n one day I surprise him. I do all d house chores n everythn...he gets home, sees it, hez impressed and really happy wit me. I do dat just once in a blue moon.

D only time u have 2 do shakara and get a guy 2do all wat u want is wen ure dating. Ure a queen because he still hasn't married u so he wants 2be d best he can be. Guys r no fools..once u get married, everythn changes. U don't get dose special treatments anymore. U become his wife, he becomes d head of ur home. So wen u slave wen u shld be enjoyin, wen in ur life do u want 2 enjoy? Wen do u want 2be treated lyk a queen? (And I mean regularly) Wen do u want 2 do shakara for a guy over and over again while he keeps chasin u? It won't last forever so why slave wen u shld be enjoyin?

Note- U do d house chores once a while 2 surprise him/ please him so its not dat ure lazy or not capable.
FOOD4THOUGHT
Sista mine, you have said it all. grin

No need to add more 'cos its QED from here on, baby!

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by ypzilanti: 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ishilove:
There is such a thing as sarcasm, you know.

That aside,so the 'acceptable Nigerian behaviour' is turning oneself to a maid??

I understood the sarcasm...funny you did not recognize the same in my reply. grin

Which one is 'maid' inside biko nu? A man wants to marry you and you both love each other. Stay in your house and court the old fashioned way, or come over, have fun and also join in the house chores. It's not acceptable that you will be there and watch him sweeping and cooking without joining or taking over. Period. This is Africa, but you girls always want to act like you are dealing with European men. We (men) in Africa do not act like we are dating oyibo...if we did, there would be no weave on money for you, and your daddy would be paying for the wedding too.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Afam4eva(m): 7:30pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ishilove:

Talk is free cheap...Why don't ladies display their bad characters in front of their husbands to be and wait till they're married before they start behaving like good wives? In life, you have to make an impression in order to be affected and to achieve your aim. In Africa especially where men marry women and not other way around, the girls have to create an impression that they're hardwrking and will contribute a lot to the marriage just like the man also has to show that he's financially capable to take care of his family by giving his wife to be some giveaways.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by ypzilanti: 7:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
afam4eva:
Talk is free cheap...Why don't ladies display their bad characters in front of their husbands to be and wait till they're married before they start behaving like good wives? In life, you have to make an impression in order to be affected and to achieve your aim. In Africa especially where men marry women and not other way around, the girls have to create an impression that they're hardwrking and will contribute a lot to the marriage just like the man also has to show that he's financially capable to take care of his family by giving his wife to be some giveaways.

Don't mind them...you always should put your best foot forward when you are seeking something. Let a man be stingy, and then tell you he will be generous after marriage...lets see how well that will go down.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by ArchKing: 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
cupid4ig: i guess she is just as lazy as the poster undecided
In all dis d ladies should be careful cos guys will always want to take advantage somday u can hlp but not to d xtreme cos u still hav ur dignity nd respect to protect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dear 25+ Ladies: How Market? Especially the Unmarried! / My Dream Is To Marry A White Girl Pls Help Me Out / See What Some Boys Are Doing To A Lady Inside A House Party (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.