Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family (46526 Views)

Girl Invited Me Over For The Night.. / He Has Changed After His Family Bought A Car / Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Go Down)

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Sweetlemon(f): 1:04am On Jan 08, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Babe, I enjoy reading your bed guy story and I look forward to hearing more but please be mindful of the kind of things you post here so that it would be misunderstood.

You own no one an explanation as to how you live your life; just don't give way TMPI(*P-Personal) and please leave your personal moments with momsy out of it.

Enjoy your weekend with the family and just be yourself.
People deliberately misunderstand posts so they can have the liberty to insult.
I see nothing wrong in repeating the advice my mum gives me here cos I think other women could use some!
Don't worry about me.
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by DExplorer1: 1:11am On Jan 08, 2013
It's disturbing i broke my official silence on a thread like this. I just can't keep mute on some useless advise i've read here so far.
No. 1 Has this dude proposed LOVE needless to mention marriage? Why the cooking for them, washing cloths?...practical nonsense!

No 2. Is the thing a show or all about acting a script? Please, what's not in YOU can't be forced from YOU. I don't understand why a lady will go acting a perfected script on a weekend with his "boyfriend's" family when she has never been that way.

No. 3 - If this thread is not about attention seeking then a "matured" lady...in its defination, should know what the family of the opposite sex wants. What's wrong in been YOU...where are the trainings mama gave? Why a cosmestic 3days visit? If this thread is all about being nervous, i just can't count the numbers of plate sweetlemon is gonna break.

7 Likes

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by CrazyMan(m): 1:13am On Jan 08, 2013
Sweetlemon: The "bed guy" I have been talking about here has invited me to spend a weekend at his family house (with his folks)
Ok..congrats, you're few steps away from the altar.

Sweetlemon: Lord!
I'm so excited!
Good for you then...

Sweetlemon: And I'm so scared!
Is it that difficult for you to make up your mind

Sweetlemon: One minute I'm on top of the world, the next my tommy churns.
All because a guy asked you to see his parents

Sweetlemon: What if they are snobs?
Be careful what you wish for...

Sweetlemon: What if I do or say the wrong things?
What is it you're so afraid of saying?

Sweetlemon: What kind of clothes should I even take along with me?
You're not going on a honeymoon...you're going to meet your guy's parents.

It would be wise to look decent...first impression matters a lot.

Sweetlemon: Oh well, at the end I guess I'll just have to settle for being confident in myself.
Good then...good luck!

2 Likes

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Idowuogbo(f): 1:14am On Jan 08, 2013
D-Explorer:
It's disturbing i broke my official silence on a thread like this. I just can't keep mute on some useless advise i've read here so far.
No. 1 Has this dude proposed LOVE needless to mention marriage? Why the cooking for them, washing cloths?...practical nonsense!

No 2. Is the thing a show or all about acting a script? Please, what's not in YOU can't be forced from YOU. I don't understand why a lady will go acting a perfected script on a weekend with his "boyfriend's" family when she has never been that way.

No. 3 - If this thread is not about attention seeking then a "matured" lady...in its defination, should know what the family of the opposite sex wants. What's wrong in been YOU...where are the trainings mama gave? Why a cosmestic 3days visit? If this thread is all about being nervous, i just can't count the numbers of plate sweetlemon is gonna break.
Ghost oooo! Uncle, wia u bin? Kinda missed u still, happy new year! Beautifulpost.com smiley
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by 2sexy(m): 1:17am On Jan 08, 2013
D-Explorer:

superb...
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by 2sexy(m): 1:17am On Jan 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Ghost oooo! Uncle, wia u bin? Kinda missed u still, happy new year! Beautifulpost.com smiley
u no dey sleep? ehn?
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Idowuogbo(f): 1:18am On Jan 08, 2013
2sexy: u no dey sleep? ehn?
Na! I get mynd syndrome. lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by 2sexy(m): 1:22am On Jan 08, 2013
huh? scary!
Idowuogbo:
Na! I get mynd syndrome. lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 08, 2013
@sweetlemon: When i said "it", I was referring to ur desire for the relationship with him to work. Lol @ u inferring sex
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 08, 2013
I have been there done that.Just be yourself and remove any trace of forming.Meeting my in-laws for the first time wasn't a biggie because I am a natural.By natural,I mean that I don't feel the need to modify my character because of anybody.if they speak a local dialect u are familiar with,don't try to speak English.Don't do unnecessary chores to impress.Lol at their jokes if you find them funny.The main person to watch out for is the future MIL,I hope she will be warm hearted like mine.She will try to know you better,be as cheerful as u can.I basically spent 70per of the time gisting about nollywood movies with my MIL on my first visit,she fell for me instantly.I did no chores because there are younger relatives to do that.The moment you become to conscious of them,that's when you screw up.I didn't go there wearing buba,I went wearing a decent jean and shirt,minimal make up and 34 inches braids.Girl, just see them as regular folks and your good to go.I have seen your pic and u look pretty confident.Just be sweet lemon,people can sense fakeness when its there.

2 Likes

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Nobody: 1:24am On Jan 08, 2013
**you are good to go I mean**
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by sweetgala(m): 1:28am On Jan 08, 2013
Weekend done finish please come disclose the experience. grin
@idowu you might have been trying to give advice but you went about it the wrong way sweetlemon might be naive but there is no need to insult directly or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Idowuogbo(f): 1:39am On Jan 08, 2013
sweet_gala: Weekend done finish please come disclose the experience. grin
@idowu you might have been trying to give advice but you went about it the wrong way sweetlemon might be naive but there is no need to insult directly or otherwise.
Excuse me! Went about wot d wrong way? undecided lipsrsealed D clueless she,called me a bitter old woman cus I told d swine to use its brain.She dished, i served.Don't even go dere mister! Don't!
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Idowuogbo(f): 1:40am On Jan 08, 2013
2sexy: huh? scary!
I no! embarassed
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by DExplorer1: 1:49am On Jan 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Hahaha, omoge toh razz gan, i say make i follow change levels for 2013. I bin wan give testimony of my new apartment but the thread no dey here. Lol. I prophesy, your razzness go make mega bucks this year grin I missed you too, you know na wink and Happy New Year. God Bless
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by sweetgala(m): 2:05am On Jan 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Excuse me! Went about wot d wrong way? undecided lipsrsealed D clueless she,called me a bitter old woman cus I told d swine to use its brain.She dished, i served.Don't even go dere mister! Don't!

Calm down Miss, I was just stating what I perceived as an attack on lemon's clueless self.
She was wrong to call you bitter, but I'd expect you to extend the Olive branch and quash it. You gave valid and sincere advices but in a "take it or leave it" take no prisoners way.

Still waiting for this sweetlemon to come give us result of weekend escapades
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Olicris(m): 2:18am On Jan 08, 2013
Alws put on a luvly smile..
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Bokoharam: 3:14am On Jan 08, 2013
Dyt: @ topic
Yes I hav
Jst b ursef and don't go wit all dose show me ur boobi n waist clothes
Dress swt n responsible

Ladies r just funny! They pretend to be angels that they r nt. tomorrow when the inlaws hate her for wearing 'strange' clothes, she would begin to curse them that they hate her, meanwhile, she created a wrong impression in d first place. Why don't u be yourself? Let the family c u & choose whether to accept you or not.
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Nobody: 3:41am On Jan 08, 2013
someborri, pls tell me what i've missed . . .
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by kaboninc(m): 4:06am On Jan 08, 2013
There's no advice one won't find here on nairaland! This one went as thus '....am not forcing you but advising you'! I don laugh sotey even the mosquito wey dey disturb me for blood don dey fear.

However, this sweetlemon babe strikes me as someone who confuses 'speaking out' as being defensive. Like others have advised, you do not have to reply every comment. Infact, you discard most and respond to few. Also, the way you talk here has shown how you'd behave when you get to see the 'bed family'. Meaning you'd most likely respond (not just having a word or two) to every conversation.

My advice is that you be yourself. Its very simple. On a side note, I think you still have a lot to learn. Its not about being intelligent or outspoken but having wisdom.

#addiction is really a bastard!

1 Like

Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by jaybee3(m): 5:20am On Jan 08, 2013
How about you just being yourself? He met you, liked what he saw in you and obviously encouraged hence the taking it up a notch move. Most guys just don't take gf's that they have no intention of marrying to their family so IMO that's encouraging if you had be interested in marrying the guy sha even though he probably haven't mentioned anything along that line.

I'm a bit worried that meeting the parents is a weekend affair except the parents live outta town and the journey just can't be done in a day or so.

Also slightly worried that the dude is insisting on a buying a bed or whatever when it's not like he is still a virgin. Are you sure he can get it up? You know there are far too many stories of being conned into marriage only to realise the man is of no use in these highly coveted bed of his.
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 08, 2013
^^I'm not even sweetlemon and ur comment just scared d hell out of me.
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by Originalsly: 6:00am On Jan 08, 2013
My advice is be yourself....don't even try to form because you can't keep up in the future. They know you are not perfect so don't try to be. Make sure your parents know and consented to your visit and stay in contact with them when you do. His parents would ask.
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by 2sexy(m): 6:09am On Jan 08, 2013
sweet_gala: Weekend done finish please come disclose the experience. grin
bro... No be only Idowu... do u know how long her friends here have been trying to make her see things right?like someone suggested above, she should be natural. she is trying to hard to please this guy beyond necessary.

please click on the previous page and you will see where I dropped a link to her previous thread.

Error 1: This guy never wooed her--She just played a long to his advances. The raletionship isnt defined

Error 2: No form of Resistance--The guy no even dey sweat over anything sef.

Error 3: She is over thinking the whole thing

Error 4: She does not know MEN. The fact that he is inviting her to his house does not automatically mean he will marry her. But the sad thing is that is what she thinks.

I can go on and on.... but to her, all this na rubbish talk me dey yarn

In essence, all we are saying is be careful...
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by jaybee3(m): 6:12am On Jan 08, 2013
Shollypopz: ^^I'm not even sweetlemon and ur comment just scared d hell out of me.
Why r u scared?
We live in a dangerous world and every line ought to be scrutinized before taking that leap. Far too many i wish i knew stories all over he place.
The simple rule is to use one's head in synchronim with the heart not asynchronism.
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by 2sexy(m): 6:17am On Jan 08, 2013
jay bee: How about you just being yourself? He met you, liked what he saw in you and obviously encouraged hence the taking it up a notch move. Most guys just don't take gf's that they have no intention of marrying to their family so IMO that's encouraging if you had be interested in marrying the guy sha even though he probably haven't mentioned anything along that line.

I'm a bit worried that meeting the parents is a weekend affair except the parents live outta town and the journey just can't be done in a day or so.

Also slightly worried that the dude is insisting on a buying a bed or whatever when it's not like he is still a virgin. Are you sure he can get it up? You know there are far too many stories of being conned into marriage only to realise the man is of no use in these highly coveted bed of his.

The whole thing is that she is not thinking before acting... And that there is a HUGE problem. No resistances whatsoever. Hmmm.... I feel sorry for this lady o.
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by boladonas(m): 6:25am On Jan 08, 2013
A-ZeD:
Be in charge of the tv remote
Wear short skirts and bum shorts
Eat like the "food prefect"

grin grin grin grin

You no well oh! U made me laugh till i almost pee in my trousers
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by 2sexy(m): 6:30am On Jan 08, 2013
jay bee:
Why r u scared?
We live in a dangerous world and every line ought to be scrutinized before taking that leap. Far too many i wish i knew stories all over he place.
The simple rule is to use one's head in synchronim with the heart not asynchronism.
you have summarized the whole thing in a few words.But you know what, na rubbish u dey yarn. That is what it is to her.

My Aunt does not even know where the father of her 2 children is till today. Over 20 years now.
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by 2sexy(m): 6:32am On Jan 08, 2013
Shollypopz: ^^I'm not even sweetlemon and ur comment just scared d hell out of me.
lady this world is a wicked place to behold.
Re: He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family by 2sexy(m): 6:34am On Jan 08, 2013
kaboninc:
My advice is that you be yourself. Its very simple. On a side note, I think you still have a lot to learn. Its not about being intelligent or outspoken but having wisdom

#addiction is really a bastard!

WISDOM is highly lacking in her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41)

My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. / THREAD For Those Who Don't Have A Val / Lady Slams Her Fiancé Who Slept With Her Friend On Their Anniversary Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.