Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? (23262 Views)

Man Batters Wife, Throws Her Out For Rejecting Custody Of Love Child (Pictured) / Pls advice, should he fight back? How? / Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
baby_123:

Na wah! Una no dey sleep? Someone cannot make a comment quietly and exit the thread. This is a 3rd party account we have been arguing on for 9pages. It would be not too wise of us to conclude without hearing from the actual party. Usually when women run from religious house to the next, they are facing some sort of issue at home. I am only talking from a woman's perspective. At the begining of the thread I told OP she wasn't living with them, so she shouldn't be too quick to judge. I know so many people who present a different front outside, than who they really are in the homem.The woman may pursue legal action, but she doesn't seem to be the type to run around family members talking bad about her spouse. Her husband did all that.

1. Its funny that you say we should not "conclude" when all the while you women have been calling the man all sorts of names for not being there for the kids.

2. It is not true that women running to spiritual houses do so because they have problems at home... more often than not it is the running to the churches in open defiance of the husband's stance that causes the problems.

3. The husband ran around talking bad about the spouse? You seem to be reading a different story... last i checked it was the woman coaching the kids to lie to the police about the husband.

Perhaps you should calm down, go back to page 1 and read the story again.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 13, 2013
baby_123:

Well that is the side we need to hear. No normal person will take all these actions and go so far without reason. OP didn't point to a psychological problem her cousin had. At least not yet.

that is just not true please biko.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by baby124: 4:46pm On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

1. Its funny that you say we should not "conclude" when all the while you women have been calling the man all sorts of names for not being there for the kids.

2. It is not true that women running to spiritual houses do so because they have problems at home... more often than not it is the running to the churches in open defiance of the husband's stance that causes the problems.

3. The husband ran around talking bad about the spouse? You seem to be reading a different story... last i checked it was the woman coaching the kids to lie to the police about the husband.

Perhaps you should calm down, go back to page 1 and read the story again.

I don't need to read the whole story cause I already have. Where is the OP and family getting all their information? From the husband now. My own personal experience is gullible women run around to pastors or friends when they have no one to talk to about their problems. This one seems to be the secretive type. She doesn't even talk to family, just put all her trust in her pastor. These kinds are even worse. Men should try to open lines of communication and have more empathy towards their wives. Especially the Nigerian ones. Till the woman or man comes here to talk, I wouldn't judge. I also never said the man was bad. Both of them in their way contributed to this mess. No party is innocent here. Maybe OP should forward the page to her cousin.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by bjcole(m): 4:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
I thought the OP is a cousin to this woman or she just feel like runing her own cousin down, some one is talking about her own cousin & her evil ways & some people stil want to hear from d woman. Its only a third party that can give d true picture of things, a woman that is sleeping wit her colleague, nurse indeed.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 4:52pm On Jan 13, 2013
What does a witch need to start?

Oh She is now in America, She can now make a few change, How can any man tell her what to do, where to go and where not to go?

She has all she needs She has kids, she has a good paying job? What next get rid of the man and rope him in spurious charges while at the same time getting money from him

The girl who sent a guy to jail claiming rapee story that David posted yesterday, What did the guy do to her to make her ruin the guys life?

What did Mike Tyson do to Miss Washington to make her ruin his life? What did Ambassador Wigwe do to his wife to have his career ruined

Like someone asked yesterday When Wigwes wife claimed battery the first thing that happened was Wigwe was relieved of his job, Judged in the court of public opinion some months later he was vindicated but how many people who heard the first story would hear the return.

If you mention Ambassador Wigwe now the first thing most people would say is "Is it that wife beater"

To know how I remembered his name? I googled "Nigeria Ambassador wife beater" and his name and picture popped up
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
baby_123:

I don't need to read the whole story cause I already have. Where is the OP and family getting all their information? From the husband now. My own personal experience is gullible women run around to pastors or friends when they have no one to talk to about their problems. This one seems to be the secretive type. She doesn't even talk to family, just put all her trust in her pastor. These kinds are even worse. Men should try to open lines of communication and have more empathy towards their wives. Especially the Nigerian ones. Till the woman or man comes here to talk, I wouldn't judge. I also never said the man was bad. Both of them in their way contributed to this mess. No party is innocent here. Maybe OP should forward the page to her cousin.

That's just nonsense. Go read the OPs first post. in fact let me help you with the OPs post again...

My female cousin who is a nurse in the USA with two daughters cooked up lies and filed for a restraining order against her husband. She filed for and got full physical/ legal custody of the kids as well as a monthly child support payment of $1000 from her husband for the two kids mostly because her husband refused to fight for the case. But this has backfired, as her husband has refused to visit, see or even call the kids for the past 7 months. Rather he simply mails the child support. [size=18pt]My cousin continues to lie to everyone that her husband was abusive in the marriage to justify her actions. Lies! lies!! lies!! I knew this couple from day one. In fact, she was the abuser,[/size] she patronizes fake Nigerian pastors who saw fake visions/ prophesies for her, [size=18pt]she gossips a lot, insults her husband before us, and can’t move along with anyone[/size]. [size=18pt]In addition, she was secretly going out with a male nurse at her workplace of which I confronted her[/size] before and she said he’s just a friend. Now we know he’s more than a friend to her because they made love.

I asked her husband last week why he doesn’t make any effort to see his kids. He said his wife was the one that lied and filed for full custody of the kids, that she coached the kids to lie in court in order to get child support, that she was using the kids to draw her into a costly custody battle, which he won’t succumb to. Therefore, she should keep the kids. I begged and he hung up. I wept!

I visited the kids last week; they sat on chairs like orphans depressed. They miss their dad! Even my cousin has started suffering, as she’s now saddled with raising two girls by herself because of $1000 a month child support. Yet pride won't let her stop. Did I mention that she retained a white lawyer whose interest is getting paid per hour and keeps firing up the case?

No amount of preaching has changed this man’s heart to call or even start visiting his kids. We don’t know if and when he will. Everyone is just shocked! Very sad!

Fellow Nairalanders is this man right in what he is doing just to avoid a confrontation or custody battle, or should he retain a lawyer too to fight for shared custody of the kids? The kids are in the middle. My interest? I am a God-mother to one of the girls…weeping!!

And the idea that somehow she is running to pastors because her husband does not open is just bull you pulled from thin air. I suggest you read again before spamming this page with incoherent illiteracy.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

there are more white men abandoning their kids... but dont let such facts get in the way of making a blanket racist allegation against black men.

Lmao. Blanket allegations you say? What do you call this?

davidylan:

dont even go there. They are the worst. Find one here, preferably born here or moved here quite young and is used to how the system works. More often than not, those who worked hard here for years are not looking to use and dump you. The ones from naija only want you because of the possibility of leaving the country.

And this?

the reason why i say men should not marry nigerian women fresh off the boat. At worst marry white
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
bjcole: I thought the OP is a cousin to this woman or she just feel like runing her own cousin down, some one is talking about her own cousin & her evil ways & some people stil want to hear from d woman. Its only a third party that can give d true picture of things, a woman that is sleeping wit her colleague, nurse indeed.

I seriously cannot understand either. Its like some people prefer to argue with blinders on.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
ileobatojo:

Lmao. Blanket allegations you say? What do you call this?

And this?

At least you agree yours was a blanket allegation that held no water. We are now square 1-1 God no vex.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by baby124: 5:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

That's just nonsense. Go read the OPs first post. in fact let me help you with the OPs post again...

My female cousin who is a nurse in the USA with two daughters cooked up lies and filed for a restraining order against her husband. She filed for and got full physical/ legal custody of the kids as well as a monthly child support payment of $1000 from her husband for the two kids mostly because her husband refused to fight for the case. But this has backfired, as her husband has refused to visit, see or even call the kids for the past 7 months. Rather he simply mails the child support. [size=18pt]My cousin continues to lie to everyone that her husband was abusive in the marriage to justify her actions. Lies! lies!! lies!! I knew this couple from day one. In fact, she was the abuser,[/size] she patronizes fake Nigerian pastors who saw fake visions/ prophesies for her, she gossips a lot, insults her husband before us, and can’t move along with anyone. [size=18pt]In addition, she was secretly going out with a male nurse at her workplace of which I confronted her[/size] before and she said he’s just a friend. Now we know he’s more than a friend to her because they made love.

I asked her husband last week why he doesn’t make any effort to see his kids. He said his wife was the one that lied and filed for full custody of the kids, that she coached the kids to lie in court in order to get child support, that she was using the kids to draw her into a costly custody battle, which he won’t succumb to. Therefore, she should keep the kids. I begged and he hung up. I wept!

I visited the kids last week; they sat on chairs like orphans depressed. They miss their dad! Even my cousin has started suffering, as she’s now saddled with raising two girls by herself because of $1000 a month child support. Yet pride won't let her stop. Did I mention that she retained a white lawyer whose interest is getting paid per hour and keeps firing up the case?

No amount of preaching has changed this man’s heart to call or even start visiting his kids. We don’t know if and when he will. Everyone is just shocked! Very sad!

Fellow Nairalanders is this man right in what he is doing just to avoid a confrontation or custody battle, or should he retain a lawyer too to fight for shared custody of the kids? The kids are in the middle. My interest? I am a God-mother to one of the girls…weeping!!

And the idea that somehow she is running to pastors because her husband does not open is just bull you pulled from thin air. I suggest you read again before spamming this page with incoherent illiteracy.

Where in all this did the OP mention her cousin told her first hand? Looks and sounds like gossip and stories from the husband. You are trying to push me to make it seem like I am on the woman's side, and that is nonsense. I still stand on my word that I wouldn't judge based on a 3rd person's aCcount which can be equaled to gossip. Some things just don't add up. If the couple can come and fight it out here or one of them can come here, then at least we would be able to ask reasonable questions.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
dayokanu: What does a witch need to start?

Oh She is now in America, She can now make a few change, How can any man tell her what to do, where to go and where not to go?

She has all she needs She has kids, she has a good paying job? What next get rid of the man and rope him in spurious charges while at the same time getting money from him

The girl who sent a guy to jail claiming rapee story that David posted yesterday, What did the guy do to her to make her ruin the guys life?

What did Mike Tyson do to Miss Washington to make her ruin his life? What did Ambassador Wigwe do to his wife to have his career ruined

Like someone asked yesterday When Wigwes wife claimed battery the first thing that happened was Wigwe was relieved of his job, Judged in the court of public opinion some months later he was vindicated but how many people who heard the first story would hear the return.

If you mention Ambassador Wigwe now the first thing most people would say is "Is it that wife beater"

To know how I remembered his name? I googled "Nigeria Ambassador wife beater" and his name and picture popped up

oops now you went and burst the bubble of our resident ladies here who regaled us with tales of how you can never be fired for unsubstantiated abuse allegations. And that was a nigerian working for the nigerian government!
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 13, 2013
baby_123:

Where in all this did the OP mention her cousin told her first hand? Looks and sounds like gossip and stories from the husband. You are trying to push me to make it seem like I am on the woman's side, and that is nonsense. I still stand on my word that I wouldn't judge based on a 3rd person's aCcount which can be equaled to gossip. Some things just don't add up. If the couple can come and fight it out here or one of them can come here, then at least we would be able to ask reasonable questions.

Obviously reading is a lost art. You forgot that this woman and the OP are COUSINS? You also forgot where the OP said she has KNOWN this couple from day 1? You forgot where the OP did talk about confronting her cousin on the cheating? You forgot where the OP mentions that the cousin GOSSIPS A LOT? You forgot where the OP mentioned this woman insults her husband in the presence of her and others? You forgot where the OP says expressly that she visited the kids (obviously at the cousins place) the previous week? Are you blind or just deliberately silly?

My dear... pls when you are in a hole just stop digging. You sound quite paranoid.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

At least you agree yours was a blanket allegation that held no water. We are now square 1-1 God no vex.

Yeah but you get an additional +1 for hypocrisy.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by jidewin(m): 5:09pm On Jan 13, 2013
Lil wonder some guys settle for 'smoking out' ungrateful mad bitches like that woman.No need to pay lawyers or court for custody rights. They automatically return to "poppa", simple.
Even heard some guys abroad resort to "african remote control" from home,the moment yankee wife begin show "I GAT RIGHTS".
God help us all.The world have changed the meaning of marriage completely.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by baby124: 5:09pm On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

Obviously reading is a lost art. You forgot that this woman and the OP are COUSINS? You also forgot where the OP said she has KNOWN this couple from day 1? You forgot where the OP did talk about confronting her cousin on the cheating? You forgot where the OP mentions that the cousin GOSSIPS A LOT? You forgot where the OP mentioned this woman insults her husband in the presence of her and others? You forgot where the OP says expressly that she visited the kids (obviously at the cousins place) the previous week? Are you blind or just deliberately silly?

My dear... pls when you are in a hole just stop digging. You sound quite paranoid.

Look, your argument failed. I asked a question and you run off tangent. The OP does not even live in America. So what exactly does she know goes on in their home? You seem to reason like you have brain farts or lapses. Cause someone does not agree with your baseless arguments you go crazy. I still stand on what I wrote. Please, have several seats or continue your party here. No one is out to get you or argue in circles with you. Opo. I sound paranoid? How? Hahahaha, you are the one jumping up and down this thread like you have something to prove. I have stayed neutral through out. Try and keep your parade going with Dayo. I will rather argue with him, as you seem to just lose it and act like a toddler.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On Jan 13, 2013
baby_123:

You think it would be better to hear directly from the man or woman rather than from a 3rd party? Who would give a balanced opinion
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
OP lives in Nigeria ? What a waste of time cheesy
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 13, 2013
ileobatojo:

Yeah but you get an additional +1 for hypocrisy.

Not really. I deliberately chose not to get into that issue with you as it would detract from the main thread. Hold that thought till we can address it later.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by baby124: 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
dayokanu:

You think it would be better to hear directly from the man or woman rather than from a 3rd party? Who would give a balanced opinion

Yes I would actually. OP doesn't seem to live in the same country with them. She keeps saying I hear this and that. I hear this. We don't know how it works in America. Elders here in Nigeria are trying to intervene. It is too far fetched an account to judge on.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
baby_123:

Look, your argument failed. I asked a question and you run off tangent. The OP does not even live in America. So what exactly does she know goes on in their home? You seem to reason like you have brain farts or lapses. Cause someone does not agree with your baseless arguments you go crazy. I still stand on what I wrote. Please, have several seats or continue your party here. No one is out to get you or argue in circles with you. Opo. I sound paranoid? How? Hahahaha, you are the one jumping up and down this thread like you have something to prove. I have stayed neutral through out. Try and keep your parade going with Dayo. I will rather argue with him, as you seem to just lose it and act like a toddler.

Where in her post did you read she doesnt live in America?

Woged2005:
[size=18pt]I visited the kids last week[/size]; they sat on chairs like orphans depressed. They miss their dad! Even my cousin has started suffering, as she’s now saddled with raising two girls by herself because of $1000 a month child support. Yet pride won't let her stop. Did I mention that she retained a white lawyer whose interest is getting paid per hour and keeps firing up the case?
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
baby_123:

Yes I would actually. OP doesn't seem to live in the same country with them. She keeps saying I hear this and that. I hear this. We don't know how it works in America. Elders here in Nigeria are trying to intervene. It is too far fetched an account to judge on.

Where did you get the impression she doesnt live in America? Please post it
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
baby_123:

that's just dumb. You asked a question and i answered it squarely with the OPs own response... not my opinion of what i thought happened like you happen to be doing.

A lot of you merely respond to threads with hare-brained responses that make no sense then resort to ad hominems when it is laid bare.

The OP does not need to live in the US 24/7 to know her own cousin. It doesnt take more than 2 brain cells to know where exactly she (AS A WOMAN) lays the blame for her cousins problems. Funny that women who dont even know the woman from Adam are the ones making the most noise.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Where did you get the impression she doesnt live in America? Please post it

Ooops you shld leave her to continue saying nonsense. I was going to highlight the part you highlighted but realized that some people already have a preconceived ideas in their minds and are just not amenable to changing those opinions even in the face of glaring evidence to the contrary. Not a surprise.
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
Are we forgetting this key piece of information?

Woged2005: In fact, she was the abuser, she patronizes fake Nigerian pastors who saw fake visions/ prophesies for her, she gossips a lot, insults her husband before us, and can’t move along with anyone. In addition, [size=14pt]she was secretly going out with a male nurse at her workplace of which I confronted her before and she said he’s just a friend. Now we know he’s more than a friend to her because they made love.[/size]
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
dayokanu:

That'll be an excellent idea .... especially when all these waste of space was based on hearsay from somebody from another continent ... ouch cheesy

Baby Abeg leave this area jor.... come back to that parent thread...before I get off bed cheesy
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by baby124: 5:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
Woged2005:

I heard US child support is calculated by a software and depends on how much the couple makes. it's a percentage of that..if u earn less u pay less, if you earn more you pay more. It's not alimony (payment made to a partner for upkeep if his/her career is adversely affected by a marriage)..
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2013
baby_123:

Read her post again ma'am, she visits the OP, knows where she works, has confronted her on her cheating... are you reading a different thread or just have a predilection for arguing brainlessly?
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2013
^^ What about that statement suggest she doesnt live in the US?

If you have never been in Child support situation nor can say authoritative about it you. How would you write it down other than "I HEARD"
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by baby124: 5:21pm On Jan 13, 2013
Woged2005:

Thank you sir for getting back to the question. God bless u! I got a similar advice offline frm another person. noted..I love the idea of keeping lawyers off. the moni saved can be put towards the kids' education. I heard the cheapest divorce lawyer in USA is $300 per hour (for the inexperienced ones). Wow!
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
Have you heard?.... Kobi Bryant and his biatch reconciled? There's nothing impossible o!!! cheesy
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by dayokanu(m): 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2013
[quote author=baby_123][/quote]

Can you tell us authoritatively how much divorce lawyers earn when you havent been involved in a divorce yourself?
Re: Should He Fight For Custody Of His Kids?? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Can you tell us authoritatively how much divorce lawyers earn when you havent been involved in a divorce yourself?

For the sake of argument, lets assume the OP lives in China. Do you need to live under your cousins nose to know her as well?
Whether she lives in the US or not is not the issue, the issue is that the OP has the opportunity to visit the cousin, sees the kids fairly regularly and has inside info on the cousin on a first hand basis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Why Do Parents Send Their Kids To Boarding Schools? / Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. / Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.