Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,764 members, 7,837,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Benin City Reborn! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin City Reborn! (41996 Views)

Biafra A Nation About To Be Reborn / Is Sincere9igerian Beaf Reborn? / Colonialism Is Reborn! Pentagon Carves Africa Into Military Zones! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin City Reborn! by anonimi: 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
Rossikk:

This is what I call building roads. When you build a road, you build the adjoining pedestrian sidewalks with covered drainage.

Not that rubbish Peter Obi is doing in Anambra where he builds roads and adds a stinking open gutter to the side leaving pedestrians to walk along the sand or fall in the gutter.

Fashola, Amosun etc should also learn to do covered drainages with CONTINUOUS maintenance every day done by well paid LGA workers on N18k minimum wage.
These are the main roads passing through Benin City belonging to the FGN and state government.
Great work.
How far with the feeder roads in front of people's houses, that is supposed to be done by LGA and state governments
I hope we all realise that development to be SUSTAINABLE should not be limited to PHYSICAL infrastructures only.
We need to also focus on the HUMAN development to maintain, innovate and re-create better models for the future.
How many vocational training schools have been commissioned by the comrade governor in his 5 years of governance
How much are the state legislators PAID monthly for NOT making laws, which is there main job function?

I shall never rest until my good is better and my better is best.

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by asha80(m): 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
Rexxie:
KINDLY TELL US YOUR POINT AND HOW IT RELATES TO WHAT THE OP IS PUTTING ACCROSS.
read the person i quoted and you would have an idea what i was responding to.even the person i responded to understood what i was talking about if you cared to read this whole thread very well.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by crisycent: 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2013
Benin is looking even better than the way i left it....can't wait to be back in june
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
shymexx: Oba gha tor kpere to my Benin peeps...

The funniest naija mandem ever!!!

And megho to my Urhobo peeps as well!!

Osologbue!! wink

Btw, nice pix!! tongue

Oops, I forgot Benin and Urhobo people aren't the same people but they look and act the same to me...

Oba gha tor kpere...

Ise.. wink
Re: Benin City Reborn! by ninja4life(m): 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2013
Pls does anyone knows wat governor of oyo state is doing recently cos i dont seem to hear abt his projects in d state.
Kudos to oshiobaba more ororo to ur elbow
Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmoTier1(m): 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
anonimi:

Fashola, Amosun etc should also learn to do covered drainages with CONTINUOUS maintenance every day done by well paid LGA workers on N18k minimum wage.
These are the main roads passing through Benin City belonging to the FGN and state government.
Great work.
How far with the feeder roads in front of people's houses, that is supposed to be done by LGA and state governments
I hope we all realise that development to be SUSTAINABLE should not be limited to PHYSICAL infrastructures only.
We need to also focus on the HUMAN development to maintain, innovate and re-create better models for the future.
How many vocational training schools have been commissioned by the comrade governor in his 5 years of governance
How much are the state legislators PAID monthly for NOT making laws, which is there main job function?

I shall never rest until my good is better and my better is best.
Least anybody wants to ascribe Oshiomhole 's effort to the clueless one... None of those roads have any funding of FG in it! What the op showed us is just about four roads in and around the main ring road. Those who have travel through Benin recently will testify to other major roads wearing new looks. The project that took my breathe away and gave me the conviction that Oshiomhole knows what leadership is all is about is the Benin what storm project! That project will save a generation from flooding in Benin...
Re: Benin City Reborn! by cletus10: 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
sure say dis 1 no b imagination, ko
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Gmmail(m): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
Great job. Edo state is moving forward.
-------------
Edo boy
Re: Benin City Reborn! by anonimi: 2:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
The project that took my breathe away and gave me the conviction that Oshiomhole knows what leadership is all is about is the Benin what storm project! That project will save a generation from flooding in Benin...

The water storm project will NOT save generations from flooding IF there is no robust complementary investment in HUMAN development through massive education focused on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEMS) particularly at the technical (vocational) level to have skills for translating engineering designs into actual structures and maintaining them all year round thereafter.
That is the difference with the vision of Awolowo 60 years ago and the UPN governors 30 years ago.
Comprehensive development.

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by MeGaStReEt: 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2013
[size=14pt]Why is Oshiomohle focusing only on Ring Road and environ? Show us pictures from other places in Edo State.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by anonimi: 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2013
Let me add that when the Apapa-Oshodi express way was reconstructed by Julius Berger some years ago they made extensive, covered water drainage part of the road.
Today the road is damaged seriously due to non-clearing of those drainages by the responsible government agencies and disobedience of town planning laws by those building on flood water catchment areas BEYOND the road boundaries.
We all need to learn to obey the laws even when it is not convenient to our short-sighted goals.

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by anonimi: 2:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
MeGaStReEt: [size=14pt]Why is Oshiomohle focusing only on Ring Road and environ? Show us pictures from other places in Edo State.[/size]

Please don't talk too loud before the ACN bully gang of their e-propaganda lap-dogs come after you.
#FriendlyAdvice.

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by emmasege: 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2013
Looking at those pics, I saw the newly re-modelled benin airport which is an FG/PDP project. This gives me the impression that apart from the roads, some of these fine buildings could be owned by parties other than the state govt. I would rather praise performing poilticians than ascribing their performance to political affiliations. ACN is not in anyway better than the PDP. Don't be fooled.
seanet01: God bless ACN,
Thunder Fire PDP

4 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by anonimi: 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
MeGaStReEt: [size=14pt]Why is Oshiomohle focusing only on Ring Road and environ? Show us pictures from other places in Edo State.[/size]

He learnt from the chief scammer aka national leader of the Association of Conmen in Nigeria (ACN).
That was how he was busy doing very good roads around VI and Ikoyi plus Ikeja while stealing Lagos blind.
Bunch of fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by samkevie: 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
Na only one place u dey snap rubbish go GRA,aduwawa or even third go snap dat side CME

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by tnktosin(m): 2:43pm On Mar 30, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

Oga mr. gullible, let me quickly remind you that Anambra has a better school system,health system,better road network and governance more than Edo. How many industries has your Oshio brought to Edo. He is wasting tax payers money to beautify Benin to please the Omo n' Oba while the rest of the stae rot in neglet. Anambra is relatively a new state still and you lots are not financially better of than us. Everythin Obi has done he did it with Anambra money. NO BORROWING!!!!
Here's someone from pluto where there seems to be no form of intelligent life form.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by collinsola: 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
Na only Ring Road they beni?rubbish
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2013
anonimi:

What we need is a NATIONAL STANDARD for building roads in populated areas. ie, no road is regarded as completed until it has both road and sidewalk with covered drainage. This is how it works in developed nations. This is why everywhere you go in the US looks the same, be it LA, Houston, or New York. Same as UK, Germany etc. You simply cannot build a road without accounting for pedestrians, even on the smallest and most 'unimportant' street. It must have a paved sidewalk. And this eliminates all sorts of nonsense like 'clean up days' where you have to dig up trash from gutters, etc, and creates a very clean, orderly environment devoid of sandy streets and all that stuff. The disabled can leave their houses on wheelchairs, ride on the pavement to their destination (shops etc) and ride back home without stress. Ordinary citizens will even be encouraged to take walks around the place instead of jumping in their cars for every trip. You can do window shopping in commercial areas etc etc. On wider roads, cyclists can have their own lane adjoining the sidewalk. Trying all that on our streets today is almost suicidal. It is 'little things' like this that make the difference between an advanced country and a non-advanced one, and you don't need truckloads of cash to get it done.

The other day I was driving along Allen Avenue, Ikeja. This is a really long street filled with a wide variety of cutting edge, modern retail establishments including fancy restaurants and boutiques that wouldn't be out of place in Miami. This is like the Oxford Street of Lagos.

But can you walk along Allen and pop into shop after shop with ease as you do on Oxford street? Hell no. There are no sidewalks on the entire 3 mile stretch of road, just wide, unsightly open gutters on each side. So what tends to happen is that those who want something on Allen already know beforehand what shop they're going to, and then they drive, park at the shop, buy, and drive off. That's a waste of a street like Allen, as it cuts out impulse buyers who should be able to access all the shops with ease, and decide to buy this or that item on a whim.

The sad thing is that commerce and tourism on that street could increase by up to 700% minimum if they just covered the drains with sidewalks, and made walking a more comfortable experience for visitors to the street. I always think ''what a waste'' when driving past Allen.

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmoTier1(m): 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2013
anonimi:

The water storm project will NOT save generations from flooding IF there is no robust complementary investment in HUMAN development through massive education focused on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEMS) particularly at the technical (vocational) level to have skills for translating engineering designs into actual structures and maintaining them all year round thereafter.
That is the difference with the vision of Awolowo 60 years ago and the UPN governors 30 years ago.
Comprehensive development.
Maybe you really have no clue what those the live Adolor, teachers house, Use, Textilemill road, St. Saviour and environs have gone through for decades! The water storm project itself is like a master drain networked with several drains and it collects all the waters from Benin City into the rivers at Ogba, and the one behind UniVersity of Benin.

As for haunt development, surely anybody that has been watching Oshiomhole's government would attest to the fact that He has invested in quality human development in diverse forms. But majorly, His emphasis has been on rejuvenating the Edo economy through massive infrastructural development throughout Edo State. go to Fuga where GEJ' principal secretary is from, go see for yourself what Oshiomhole has done to that place. Go to Esan central, Igarra, Auchi, Abudu, Ovia, in each of these places, there is a major road project either going on or already completed! As well, He has made effort to renovate or where appropriate build new schools. What gladdened my heart was that the same standard of schools I saw in Benin was evident in in rural areas, classroom with standard chairs, floor tiled, and the ceiling and windows in prestige condition.

No doubt, the challenge facing Oshiomhole today is who will take over from Him and do more than where He will leave things and I am sure most EDOS will be asking themselves this question right now..
Re: Benin City Reborn! by peteronyii: 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2013
ADAMS REALLY TRIED BUT 042 IS STILL ON TOP!
Re: Benin City Reborn! by jidewin(m): 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ol boy, Ko yoh o!Na ring road i dey see so?see wetin Oshiomole take do benin airport so?. ol boy...Edo state the Heart Beat of Nation is taking a new look. But the Oba palace no change for my sight o.
Anyway, na wetin that crook "lucky" why i dey call am lucky sef failed to do for 2 terms na im osho baba transform within a term.Big Ups to Adams.I love Edo state.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by 190: 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2013
Wadeoye: Lucky Igbinedon should be hanged...

grin grin grin grin
Re: Benin City Reborn! by ionsman: 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

Oga mr. gullible, let me quickly remind you that Anambra has a better school system,health system,better road network and governance more than Edo. How many industries has your Oshio brought to Edo. He is wasting tax payers money to beautify Benin to please the Omo n' Oba while the rest of the stae rot in neglet. Anambra is relatively a new state still and you lots are not financially better of than us. Everythin Obi has done he did it with Anambra money. NO BORROWING!!!!
Oga go and watch match if u don't have anytin to write........If u knew Edo state 5-6yrs ago,u won't come here and be typing rubbish like someone who saw free internet connection......
NRI PRIEST:

Oga go and watch match if u don't have anytin to write........If u knew Edo state 5-6yrs ago,u won't come here and be typing rubbish like someone who saw free internet connection......
Re: Benin City Reborn! by playcharles(m): 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
is this d whole of benin, all the pix were taken on a particular location! only the round about is what im seeing
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2013
asha 80:

not to derail the thread but the GRA in onitsha is clean.
Actually.
i did my opthalmology posting there in 2010 and i say dat side reminds me of Enugu.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by tnktosin(m): 4:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
playcharles: is this d whole of benin, all the pix were taken on a particular location! only the round about is what im seeing
Me sef i tire mehn. I just move to benin last year and am loving the place. So many good and standard roads but i still dunno y the poster is only posting pix of Akpakpava, Ring Road and Sapele Road.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by PapaBrowne(m): 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
Oshiomole is doing excellently well in Benin. What impresses me the most is the quality of jobs executed in the state.I wish he had much more money to execute more projects!
Benin is beginning to get its glory back.
Like someone mentioned, the storm water project is just excellent. Puts an end to those incessant flooding taking place every now and then!

I wish Oshiomole could harness capital from the large trove of Benin's in diaspora and use to fasten the states development. The state currently receives the highest amount per capita in diaspora remittances in Nigeria.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Korrection(m): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2013
Make all the big men wey dey gra dey wait for oshiomhoile dem go old no be there d'former thif and gov igbenedion and all d'idiot like am dey stay..no be only ihama and boundry na nama and bandit mtchewwwwww
brixton: Lol, stop usin pics to decieve me abeg. Water log stil de ihama and boundary road? In as much as I'd commend d gov, der lota work to be done esp in our rotten gra
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ubenedictus(m): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
This is the most du.mb comment ever. Mr edo man masquerading as Igbo, be proud of your edo lineage and stop pretending to be what you're not. Peter Obi is by far above your empty and loud-mouthed governor.
u really have no idea, what has peter obi done? Before the easter holiday i was in anambra state, what is obi doing there? Answer: packing dirt yet d place is still very dirty and smelling yet you refuse to take the previlegde of been happy at a good thing.
You must be a sadist!
Re: Benin City Reborn! by zetel95(m): 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
GARRI (x7):
I wish Uduaghan can learn from his progressive neighbour...
not only Uduaghan but all others PDP Governor exception of Akpabio and Amechi
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Korrection(m): 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
My guy anambra na trash where edo dey..
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ubenedictus(m): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

I heard of Oshiomhole's strides in Edo State and when I was in Nigeria not too long ago, I went to that state to see for myself! It is not a fluke what you are seeing on the pics post by the op. Given the fact that Edo budget is 1/3rd that of Delta and much of the revenue to the state is from small business taxation which is very difficult to rain in, I give his government a thumbs up.

The Benin city water storm project, huge expansion of the central hospital, schools with floor tiles, proper toilets, very comfortable individual desk and chairs, water project in Edo central, dualization in Igarra, Auchi, and one rural road that cuts across 22, I mean 22 villages, just to say a few of the projects I saw with my eyes.

If anything, all the major roads that was being expanded which I saw have standard dividers, with greens, covered walkways, with standard road markings. Sapele road shown in one of the pics was constructed by Setraco and I tell you it is a 6-lane road of very high quality!

This is not to say they aren't areas the government need to improve upon, but whatI can say is where money has been spent, it is obvious to the sincere at heart that it has been good value for money spent. No doubt, if Edo continue to invest in infrastructure in this manner with proper maintenance, the state will become a choices destination for those running away from the dirtiness of onitsha, Asaba, Warri, etc.
just to add, in all my years of touring nigeria i have never seen a goverment secondary school of osho's standard.
Let me ask you guy if any of you attended public schools with glass windows, bullet poof door, about 6 fans per class room, marker boards, well made individual sits, tilled floor, pvc ceiling, well equiped biology, physics and chemistry labs with internet connection. If your governor builds such schools mention his name!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Christopher Orji Commits Suicide After EFCC Invitation / Victor Nyeche Ihunwo Gives Friday Opurum A New House In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Odili House Invasion: Malami Kicks As Suspect Says He Works For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.