Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,709 members, 7,837,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Benin City Reborn! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin City Reborn! (41993 Views)

Biafra A Nation About To Be Reborn / Is Sincere9igerian Beaf Reborn? / Colonialism Is Reborn! Pentagon Carves Africa Into Military Zones! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin City Reborn! by sylve11: 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
@ post, I laugh in 419. I was in benin city and the place is as medieval as Afganistan 5000 BC.

lol! grin grin grin cool
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:08pm On Mar 30, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

My Benin is looking great and I can hardly recognize RING ROAD.
That aside,your comment is exactly what I have been hammering on..."how about other parts of the state" Development must be spread out before Oshiomole can beat his chest and say he has achieved something.
and my dear development is spread out, i'm in edo for the easter holidays and i took time to visit places outside benin, from my jorney outside benin the first thing i noticed was the iruepken road that was broadened (before is was carried by water, erosion), make no mistake it was done by the f. G but i know it took much to call attention to it, kudos to the senators. Ekpoma was looking great with street lights on the busy roads, well constructed and equiped school and water (dis is very significant becos d water table is very far from d surface thus no water) among other thing, similar structures at irrua, same at ewu, i didnt visit agbede and it neighbouring villages, it auchi was extra superb wide roads, with follower by d side, good drianage, auchi-jattu road was previously eating by gully erosion, the was was reconstructed with abt 4 lanes, all roads to and from d polythenic were in superb conditions, public school reconstructed and equiped and a school for d disabled. These are just a few places i was able to name, not to talk of esanland and akoko edo. If we are talking distribution d edo governor has it

3 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2013
the pic of the fountain is beautiful
Re: Benin City Reborn! by tonididdy(m): 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2013
thelastPope: @op, Oshio Baba is my man but you repeated the same pictures too much. All you showed in like 4 pictures repeated from different angles. But Oshio Baba has shown a lot of promise. His second term has been slow though due to lack of funds I heard. He spent so much running the last elections.
bro thats the idea ok...all roads were made to look identical.
When u come to benin,u cant tell the diffrences between these roads:
sokonba rd, airport rd, new lagos rd, siloko rd, ekenwan rd, sapele rd etc.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by godsony: 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2013
[quote author=oily-Yoruba] @ post, I laugh in 419. I was in benin city and the place is as medieval as Afganistan 5000 BC.[/quot

Oily Yoruba.... You are very stupid igbo man . Go and
Tell your gov to emulate osho baba . Insead of this
Empty P D P motivated jealousy . Go and hide your
P D P head in the sand of shame!]
Re: Benin City Reborn! by tonididdy(m): 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
@ post, I laugh in 419. I was in benin city and the place is as medieval as Afganistan 5000 BC.
i live in benin MrMAN...STOP LYING

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
NRI PRIEST:
Oga mr. gullible, let me quickly remind you that Anambra has a better school system,health system,better road network and governance more than Edo. How many industries has your Oshio brought to Edo. He is wasting tax payers money to beautify Benin to please the Omo n' Oba while the rest of the stae rot in neglet. Anambra is relatively a new state still and you lots are not financially better of than us. Everythin Obi has done he did it with Anambra money. NO BORROWING!!!!
sorry my dear, development can b found even in d outskirts of edo state.
And lastly, what roads are you talking about? You mean the one with open gutter and a capacity to burst your tires? Now dont tell me abt d onitcha road jonathan is constructing. What health are you talking about? D most popular hopital in awka is regina, isn't it? Dont let me talk d story oh. Again what school system last two weeks i still saw children outside sitting on the floor in a primary school at nnodu awka, do you want d name so u can check for yourself? All d boards in ur schools are chalk board, delapitating buildings, new ones are coming but old one are dying without renovation, your schools still uses long seats, wooden doors, open cieling, broken cement. Don't make me begin to call names, even your pry 6 pulpils can't speak well constructed sentences, not even pigin they speak ibo, go to nnamdi azikiwe and see students who can't repond when english is spoken! He can't even take care of d schools anylonger and has been asking missions to take back their schools, i'm i lying? So what school and health system are u talking about?
I'll let d road part slide becos i notice he has been soliciting aid from world bank to make roads, d reason he doesn't borrow is because of those aids.

Just to add, take a look at anambra you will find dirty everywhere!

Go and ask d anambra man what peter obi has done and he will tell you d truth: OBI MADE HIS PERSONAL FACTORY TO PRODUCE HERO BEER.
Mmaya men.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by FXKing2012(m): 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
Waoooo...all ACN governors seem to be doing a good job going by our standard in Nigeria. The only PDP governor that is doing anything reasonable is governor Akpabio of Akwa Ibom state.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:31pm On Mar 30, 2013
Malawian: I know it is a federal government road, but until he has dualised that narrow benin-ekpoma-auchi road (the main trunk road linking all 3 senetorial disticts in the state) that guzzles students lives on weekly basis, he has done all of bullshi.t. Btw, edo state does not satrt and end in Bside.
dat is a federal road, osho has no business there, and incase u dont know f.G has awarded d road d auchi-agbede part is already under construction. D f. G is dualising it as we speak, kudos to my senators.

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Dualizing that road would gulp half entire budget of the state for a year! The man is doing alot on roads, the truth be said, from what I saw, He has focused His attention on villages where farmers need to get their farm produce out to the market with ease. The main road leading to Fuga which Ogiadhomeh could not use His influence, first as deputy governor and now as principal secretary to the president, has been fixed by Oshiomhole to a very high standard.
oga u get eye.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
Benin City look clean. Very smooth roads. Onitsha and Aba can emulate such upgrade.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Donmichaelz(m): 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
You guys settled down to snap 1 street 100 times,..tell SHREKomole dat using u wount make us vote him....
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
Malawian: dualing that road is something that needds to be done! In fact, a serious minded person will agree that that road even needs to be a 4 lane express way. There are so many ways to raise money for it. He can even toll it or spread the money across four/eight years of budgetary provision. That is a legacy acheivement if done. All other roads he is building will still go bad later.
dat is a federal road, weytin e dey find for there? Reconstructing and repair d gully eating auchi jattu road is enough help for d federal goverment. His schools, infrastucture and administration is enuf legacy.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ikamenze(m): 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2013
brixton: Lol, stop usin pics to decieve me abeg. Water log stil de ihama and boundary road? In as much as I'd commend d gov, der lota work to be done esp in our rotten gra

U forget Adesuwa road.....I nor know why d guy nor just dey look GRA side at all....he dey try sha..I nor go lie..
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2013
anonimi:

The water storm project will NOT save generations from flooding IF there is no robust complementary investment in HUMAN development through massive education focused on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEMS) particularly at the technical (vocational) level to have skills for translating engineering designs into actual structures and maintaining them all year round thereafter.
That is the difference with the vision of Awolowo 60 years ago and the UPN governors 30 years ago.
Comprehensive development.
i cannot disagree but i've gat to say osho grass root education is to be commended but truly we must go from root to top.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by komek(m): 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
GARRI (x7):
I wish Uduaghan can learn from his progressive neighbour...

The fly that refuses to let go of a corpse follows it to the grave.

He will not learn, and he will end up where the likes of him ended up too.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:56pm On Mar 30, 2013
anonimi:

He learnt from the chief scammer aka national leader of the Association of Conmen in Nigeria (ACN).
That was how he was busy doing very good roads around VI and Ikoyi plus Ikeja while stealing Lagos blind.
Bunch of fraudsters.
this has no substance,

3 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by vizboy(m): 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
This is the most du.mb comment ever. Mr edo man masquerading as Igbo, be proud of your edo lineage and stop pretending to be what you're not. Peter Obi is by far above your empty and loud-mouthed governor.

shut up that trash u call a mouth. What do you know about oshiobaba. I dont have time to snap and post i would have shown you what he did in auchi and other part of the state. Am from the east and what peter obi is doing in anambra is trash compare to what oshio is doing in his state
Re: Benin City Reborn! by claremont(m): 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2013
I have seen the pictures and I must say that I'm proud to have been born, bred and buttered on the red soil of Benin city. The present government has taking long strides in terms of infrastructural development, the difference is indeed very clear. I just hope that the current trend of kidnapping for ransom does not rear its ugly head in Edo state, so I can pay my state a visit in the year 2015.

More grease to the elbow of the action Governor.

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by emiye(m): 6:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
PapaBrowne:

I totally disagree with you. Fayemi and Aregbeshola have been in power close to 3 years already and there are no major signs of improvement in Ekiti and Osun States as you can see in Lagos and Edo.

On the other hand PDP has produced some of the most AmAzing Governors. Visit Enugu state and see what Chime has done there. Visit Rivers ans see Ameachi's imprint especially in Education. Visit Cross River and see what Duke did there.

To be fair, its not about parties. Its about individuals. Oshiomole is a quality individual and that quality would reflect in his works.

Mr spin and sell, so out of the 23 PDP governors in the country, it is only that few you can mention, in fact you had to borrow Duke, who stopped being a governor of cross river 6 years ago.

The ACN governors have all shown, there can be a positive force & positive peer pressure from a party on an individual to perform.

Even an Igbenedion might not have been an absolute disaster if he was an ACN governor, although ACN will never have field such a candidate.

The Osun state and Ekiti state have also witnessed development commensurate with the 2years and 4 months they have been there and their fiscal strengths.

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by jess5(f): 7:28pm On Mar 30, 2013
WOW! Benin City has really transformed! Kudos to Oshiomole for saving the place from the damages Lucky Igbinedion did to it.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Reference(m): 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ikamenze:

U forget Adesuwa road.....I nor know why d guy nor just dey look GRA side at all....he dey try sha..I nor go lie..

And Ekenwan road though I've heard promises on that. He's trying to be honest. I think he's the best ACN governor and one of the best in the country at present.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Proxytalk: 7:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
[quote author=Ubenedictus] sorry my dear, development can b found even in d outskirts of edo state
And lastly, what roads are you talking about? You mean the one with open gutter and a capacity to burst your tires? Now dont tell me abt d onitcha road jonathan is constructing.
Now i caught u jonathan is not constructing any rd in onitsha tha onitsha to amansea portion of the express is been done by Anambra state govt and it has pedestrain lane u dont expect other rds in the outskirts to have too
Re: Benin City Reborn! by EkoIle1: 8:15pm On Mar 30, 2013

Maria Gorreti Girls Grammer School , Benin City
(1) 9 Years of PDP Rule,
(2) 3 (1/2) Years of ACN Rule

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by EkoIle1: 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2013
Edo Boys High School Adolo , Benin City
(1) 9 Years of PDP Rule,
(2) 3 (1/2) Years of ACN Rule

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by EkoIle1: 8:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin-City
(1) 9 Years of PDP Rule,
(2) 3 Years of ACN Rule

3 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 30, 2013
AWE BOYS NÈRHE WÀNA,NÉRHE ENARALAND WAA'BEWAHU,O..WA DOMO WA KOYO,O....IWIEESAN,WA BILU,EGBE FUWARHE? WA LEBAE FO? AFEMAI,ETSAKO WA MOGHODE...IGARRA I NÕ FORGET UNA,O....URHOBO WEY COME WAKA GO FAR FROM KINGDOM,I HAIL,O HAPPY EASTER Y'ALL...
AND GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU,EKO ILE,THATS MY ALMA MATTA,EDO BOIS HIGH SCHOOL (ADOLO COLLEGE) THERE...JEEZ!

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmniSparrow: 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
@op abeg stop deceiving pple with old pics of ring road from various angles. D fountain hardly flows anymore. Oshiomhole has tried small but he and his supporters spend more time making noise. And he has handed over d state to agberoes. He's still better than igbinedion though but don't deceive pple that we have arrived cos I stay in benin and I have waka-ed everywhere
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2013
I am currently in Benin. Just arrived tonight, too dark for pictures..

Just under took another road trip from Port Harcourt to Osun.. My picture thread will be coming up next week.. I covered from Onitsha - Akure - Osogbo. Decided to tour Benin before returning to PH tomorrow.. I will bring you pictures from the ground.

Any tourist sites like Zoos, Museums, e.t.c would be greatly appreciated. Is the Obas palace open to the public!? Cos it's just across the road from my hotel. I will also do Uniben before I leave town tomorrow.

Cheers...
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Proxytalk: 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2013
[quote author=Ubenedictus] Now dont tell me abt d onitcha road jonathan is constructing.

This link proves my earliar posting
http://www.google.com.ng/gwt/x?gl=NG&u=http://www.spyghana.com/anambra-state-to-do-portions-of-enugu-onitsha-dual-carriage-way/&ei=juFWU1EM6x1QavmYDoBQ&wsc=eb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ogun Government Arrests Woman For Blasting Governor Over Stone-Filled Beans -SR / Kano Residents Shout Sai Atiku As Tinubu Arrives Kano (Video) / Musa Gowon Debuts New Look + Meet His Mother!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.