Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:21 AM

Benin City Reborn! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin City Reborn! (42013 Views)

Biafra A Nation About To Be Reborn / Is Sincere9igerian Beaf Reborn? / Colonialism Is Reborn! Pentagon Carves Africa Into Military Zones! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin City Reborn! by jjwaterfalls(f): 9:06pm On Mar 30, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
@ post, I laugh in 419. I was in benin city and the place is as medieval as Afganistan 5000 BC.
. That's not true,I grew up in benin all my life but left in 2004, presently am back in benin and wen I came in, I noticed a lot of positive changes to the extent that I could barely recognise some places. GoV Adams has tried and bini poeple can testify to that.

3 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by thirty(m): 9:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
playcharles: is this d whole of benin, all the pix were taken on a particular location! only the round about is what im seeing
this is a piece of ice bag. Go there and see for urself.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by basilo101: 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Benin City look clean. Very smooth roads. Onitsha and Aba can emulate such upgrade.
onitsha and aba are not state capitals
Re: Benin City Reborn! by abbeybanks(m): 9:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
these are old pictures central hospital still @ ground flour.. it is on its 3rd flour now despite work has been stoped over 4 months now.many roads has been completed
Re: Benin City Reborn! by thirty(m): 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
PapaBrowne:

I totally disagree with you. Fayemi and Aregbeshola have been in power close to 3 years already and there are no major signs of improvement in Ekiti and Osun States as you can see in Lagos and Edo.

On the other hand PDP has produced some of the most AmAzing Governors. Visit Enugu state and see what Chime has done there. Visit Rivers ans see Ameachi's imprint especially in Education. Visit Cross River and see what Duke did there.

To be fair, its not about parties. Its about individuals. Oshiomole is a quality individual and that quality would reflect in his works.

There is no PDP state that you can compare with Ekiti and Osun States. If you are doubting let us open another thread and compare with facts and figures. Go Ekiti and Osun States and see for by yourself. Im opportune to travel, observed and asked questions about what is happen in those states. The young and old convince me anough.

3 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by dederocs(m): 10:10pm On Mar 30, 2013
The most civilized people are enlightened,hence they make the best decisions.they understand that justice and equity is directly related to their empowerment and well being-hence they fight for it
.they do not sell their birth rights for crumbs.Nigeria needs total enlightenement to enable it work.Too many people in Nigeria 95% are too docile and meek.they have been brainwashed by religious dogmatism and propangandas.Nigerians be wise,this life is important,justice is the essence of all faith.Big ups to the action Governor Oshiomole,Big up to Fashola.these are the progressives I see in the Nigerian political theater.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by bigsam360(m): 10:11pm On Mar 30, 2013
Someone should pls show those pix to abia state gov.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by qhiwegh(m): 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2013
Is this the same civilised Benin City that saw the entire Muslim quarter burned down, where homes, businesses, and houses of worship were burnt with people still in them? Civilised my black a5$! What's on the outside can't change the fact that Binis are monsters.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmniSparrow: 10:56pm On Mar 30, 2013
qhiwegh: Is this the same civilised Benin City that saw the entire Muslim quarter burned down, where homes, businesses, and houses of worship were burnt with people still in them? Civilised my black a5$! What's on the outside can't change the fact that Binis are monsters.
Go and buy 40 naira sense. Wanted 2 insult u but no need. Ur pple in d north are not monsters but cute kittens.

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Chynx(m): 11:10pm On Mar 30, 2013
thirty:
this is a piece of ice bag. Go there and see for urself.

...I want to believe you meant to say "this is the tip of an iceberg..." grin . Make una nor wound us oooo grin
Re: Benin City Reborn! by annielady(f): 11:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
qhiwegh: Is this the same civilised Benin City that saw the entire Muslim quarter burned down, where homes, businesses, and houses of worship were burnt with people still in them? Civilised my black a5$! What's on the outside can't change the fact that Binis are monsters.
What is dis block head talking about? Wetin u smoke?.anyway u mumslim will diffinately experience worse soon except una advice una self. D binis no send una
Re: Benin City Reborn! by qhiwegh(m): 11:15pm On Mar 30, 2013
Omni_Sparrow:
Go and buy 40 naira sense. Wanted 2 insult u but no need. Ur pple in d north are not monsters but cute kittens.

annie-lady:

What is dis block head talking about? Wetin u smoke?.anyway u mumslim will diffinately experience worse soon except una advice una self. D binis no send una

Actually I'm not a Muslim, and I'm not from the North. I'm from Lagos.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by danikik7: 11:17pm On Mar 30, 2013
Uduaghan left no legacy so there is nothing to attribute to him only as a visionless Dr
Re: Benin City Reborn! by bokohalal(m): 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2013
qhiwegh:

Actually I'm not a Muslim, and I'm not from the North. I'm from Lagos.

Emabule,the trader that spreads his wares behind the stall! I hail oo.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by uromicom: 11:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
bokohalal:

Emabule,the trader that spreads his wares behind the stall! I hail oo.

LONG LIVE BENIN KINGDOM OBA ATOR KPERE HA ISE!!!!!!
Re: Benin City Reborn! by EkoIle1: 11:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
PapaBrowne:

I totally disagree with you. Fayemi and Aregbeshola have been in power close to 3 years already and there are no major signs of improvement in Ekiti and Osun States as you can see in Lagos and Edo.

On the other hand PDP has produced some of the most AmAzing Governors. Visit Enugu state and see what Chime has done there. Visit Rivers ans see Ameachi's imprint especially in Education. Visit Cross River and see what Duke did there.

To be fair, its not about parties. Its about individuals. Oshiomole is a quality individual and that quality would reflect in his works.

We post development pictures and facts from ACN states everyday to back up what we say, but unfortunately for goofy empty liars and spinners like you, all you have is mouth, you have nothing to back up your rubbish, not even a single project, fact or picture, you just talk and lie.

How come everyday on NL, it's only this and that project with pictures from ACN states we see?

Keep quiet sometimes..

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by qhiwegh(m): 11:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
uromi.com:

LONG LIVE BENIN KINGDOM OBA ATOR KPERE HA ISE!!!!!!

Benin Kingdom , lol, what a joke.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Fhemmmy: 12:28am On Mar 31, 2013
Beautiful . . . .
Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmniSparrow: 12:48am On Mar 31, 2013
qhiwegh:

Benin Kingdom , lol, what a joke.
U are a joke. One that's not funny. At least we are proud of where we are from. Though no1 gives a fvck, u say u stay in lagos. Where are u from?
Re: Benin City Reborn! by qhiwegh(m): 1:04am On Mar 31, 2013
Omni_Sparrow:
U are a joke. One that's not funny. At least we are proud of where we are from. Though no1 gives a fvck, u say u stay in lagos. Where are u from?

Both of my parents grew up in Lagos. I'm born and bred Lagosian. My grandparents are from Kwara and Republic of Benin. All proud Yorubas living in Yorubaland.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by PhysicsQED(m): 1:09am On Mar 31, 2013
qhiwegh:

Both of my parents grew up in Lagos. I'm born and bred Lagosian. My grandparents are from Kwara and [size=14pt]Republic of Benin[/size]. All proud Yorubas living in Yorubaland.

undecided

Sometimes I wonder if people think before typing stuff on here.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by qhiwegh(m): 1:12am On Mar 31, 2013
PhysicsQED:

undecided

Is your head okay? Republic of Benin has nothing to do with Edo state. It's a part of Yorubaland.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by PhysicsQED(m): 1:16am On Mar 31, 2013
qhiwegh:

Is your head okay? Republic of Benin has nothing to do with Edo state. It's a part of Yorubaland.

Is your head okay? Did I say Republic of Benin has something to do with Edo state? No.

Republic of Benin is part of Yorubaland? Are you related to Adesegun Musiwa?

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by bokohalal(m): 1:21am On Mar 31, 2013
qhiwegh:

Both of my parents grew up in Lagos. I'm born and bred Lagosian. My grandparents are from Kwara and Republic of Benin. All proud Yorubas living in Yorubaland.

You are a Northerner.A real stereotypical Northener.Someone asked if you are related to Musiwa.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by qhiwegh(m): 1:26am On Mar 31, 2013
bokohalal:

You are a Northerner!
PhysicsQED:

Is your head okay? Did I say Republic of Benin has something to do with Edo state? No.

Republic of Benin is part of Yorubaland? Are you related to Adesegun Musiwa?

I've never been to Benin, so I was wrong about it being part of Yorubaland. The fact is that part of the country is Yoruba.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by PapaBrowne(m): 1:27am On Mar 31, 2013
thirty:
There is no PDP state that you can compare with Ekiti and Osun States. If you are doubting let us open another thread and compare with facts and figures. Go Ekiti and Osun States and see for by yourself. Im opportune to travel, observed and asked questions about what is happen in those states. The young and old convince me anough.

And did you visit Enugu, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers.... to conclude that no PDP state can compare with Ekiti and Osun??
I've been in both states you mentioned and even the most disliked PDP Governors like Uduaghan can boast of better. Asaba, Ilorin and Jigawa have experienced better change in the last 2 years than have Ekiti snd Osun. So please travel more Okay?

And please I am waiting to see any pictures of Osun, Ekiti, Oyo, as we've see of Edo, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Enugu. Please upload pictures or forever remain silent.

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by PapaBrowne(m): 1:33am On Mar 31, 2013
qhiwegh:

PhysicsQED:

undecided

Intelligent Punch. Nice pointer!!

1000 likes!!
Re: Benin City Reborn! by EkoIle1: 1:40am On Mar 31, 2013
PapaBrowne:

And did you visit Enugu, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers.... to conclude that no PDP state can compare with Ekiti and Osun??
I've been in both states you mentioned and even the most disliked PDP Governors like Uduaghan can boast of better. Asaba, Ilorin and Jigawa have experienced better change in the last 2 years than have Ekiti snd Osun. So please travel more Okay?

And please I am waiting to see any pictures of Osun, Ekiti, Oyo, as we've see of Edo, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Enugu. Please upload pictures or forever remain silent.

You are the one disputing other people's assertions so the burden is on you to post pictures and please start with Enugu while you are at it...

Akwa Ibom's budget is N460 billion with just 2 million people while Ekiti and Osum state's combined N276. That's N184 billion more than both state's and there is nothing much going on on Akwa Ibom but 2 or 4 major roads and flyover bridge.

Rivers boasts the largest budget in Nigeria N490 billion with just 5 million people and nothing Major to show for their huge budgets year after year.

So use your head and come up with reasonable and rational comparisons next time.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by PhysicsQED(m): 1:41am On Mar 31, 2013
qhiwegh:

I've never been to Benin, so I was wrong about it being part of Yorubaland. The fact is that part of the country is Yoruba.

You mean you've never been to the Republic of Benin.

And yeah, somewhere around one tenth of the country is Yoruba. But do you actually know where in Kwara and the Republic of Benin your grandparents are from?
Re: Benin City Reborn! by qhiwegh(m): 1:42am On Mar 31, 2013
PhysicsQED:

You mean you've never been to the Republic of Benin.

And yeah, somewhere around one tenth of the country is Yoruba. But do you actually know where in Kwara and the Republic of Benin your grandparents are from?

Does it matter? They're Yorubas. I was born in Lagos to Yoruba-speaking parents. So, I'm a Lagos indigene.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by PhysicsQED(m): 1:49am On Mar 31, 2013
qhiwegh:

Does it matter? They're Yorubas. I was born in Lagos to Yoruba-speaking parents. So, I'm a Lagos indigene.

Well I'm not saying that you don't know who your father really is - at least not right now. I'm just saying that both of those places (Kwara state and Republic of Benin) are multi-ethnic and assimilation went on in those places to some degree, so you might not be as "Yoruba" as you really think you are, and in fact, you might not be Yoruba at all, but instead mostly just some Hausa-Fulani-Fon-Ewe-Adja mix of unknown provenance.

Just some food for thought.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Musa Gowon Debuts New Look + Meet His Mother! / Ogun Government Arrests Woman For Blasting Governor Over Stone-Filled Beans -SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.