Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,445 members, 7,839,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Benin City Reborn! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin City Reborn! (42004 Views)

Biafra A Nation About To Be Reborn / Is Sincere9igerian Beaf Reborn? / Colonialism Is Reborn! Pentagon Carves Africa Into Military Zones! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin City Reborn! by bestview: 9:29am On Mar 31, 2013
ezotik:

take a cue from the same ancient zinc that was used in the 17th cent in Benin? lol, at least Benin used it in the 17th cent but it seem some people just caught on to it.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/675048_Onitsha_aerialview_jpg94a71239e43f59b52a79a21667e987d4

and a three storey building is not a highrise my dear, so pls come again.

My friend don't misunderstand me. The pics you posted are roofs of commercial setup in the city, its not a living area. Look at the far or extreme right of same pics that is a glimpse of Fegge. Awada and Nkpor areas has even greater of such breathtaking edifices
Re: Benin City Reborn! by tonychristopher: 9:36am On Mar 31, 2013
will their diabolism and witchcraft couple with their prostitution and armed robbery allow that old glorified village called city develope.i live in ogida and that city sucks i must confess... look at owerri,calabar,enugu,asaba,awka even ph then imagine benin city with all their fabled civilization what they offer

lol
Re: Benin City Reborn! by BabaTony: 10:18am On Mar 31, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are the one disputing other people's assertions so the burden is on you to post pictures and please start with Enugu while you are at it...

Akwa Ibom's budget is N460 billion with just 2 million people while Ekiti and Osum state's combined N276. That's N184 billion more than both state's and there is nothing much going on on Akwa Ibom but 2 or 4 major roads and flyover bridge.

Rivers boasts the largest budget in Nigeria N490 billion with just 5 million people and nothing Major to show for their huge budgets year after year.

So use your head and come up with reasonable and rational comparisons next time.

It is only foolish goats like eko ile that write things like this. Akwa ibom 460 million for 2 million (as if dem dey share money per head) and for your information the akwa ibom population is 5 million silly.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by ezotik: 10:44am On Mar 31, 2013
bestview:

My friend don't misunderstand me. The pics you posted are roofs of commercial setup in the city, its not a living area. Look at the far or extreme right of same pics that is a glimpse of Fegge. Awada and Nkpor areas has even greater of such breathtaking edifices

lol, commercial setup? thats ur excuse? why did u use the roof at all? and all i see in the far extreme are buildings cramped together. a bird's eye view of an area ought to reveal the network of roads and all i see in the entire pic is a congested environment. go and change the ancient roofs in onitsha and fix roads before coming here to cosign nonsense.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmoTier1(m): 10:45am On Mar 31, 2013
BabaTony:

It is only foolish goats like eko ile that write things like this. Akwa ibom 460 million for 2 million (as if dem dey share money per head) and for your information the akwa ibom population is 5 million silly.
Hehe , Abeg nah Happy Easter and more lies to your elbow cheesy Akwa-Ibom 5million shocked Jesus died and rose again, yet lives! The devil is a liar say amen....
Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmoTier1(m): 10:52am On Mar 31, 2013
tonychristopher: will their diabolism and witchcraft couple with their prostitution and armed robbery allow that old glorified village called city develope.i live in ogida and that city sucks i must confess... look at owerri,calabar,enugu,asaba,awka even ph then imagine benin city with all their fabled civilization what they offer

lol
All those places you mention are den of robbers, bastion of criminality and abode of all forms of evil Asaba is a glorified capital to the extent that once you leave head bridge, you actually ask yourself if you have past Asaba!

Do not even mention Akwa! I made the wrong decision of taking my American mate down there, for the first time, I saw humans trading in filthy waters and inside mud! I barely could believe what my eyes saw. When we got to Akwa itself, around the area where Immigration office is, I could not believe that was a state capital. We drove around, exploring the place and I was left disappointed! Please do not mention Akwa, my prayer is Anambra people get a true visionary leader that knows what development really is not the one that paint old wall with green paint and say He is building world class schools undecided
Re: Benin City Reborn! by ezotik: 11:10am On Mar 31, 2013
tonychristopher: will their diabolism and witchcraft couple with their prostitution and armed robbery allow that old glorified village called city develope.i live in ogida and that city sucks i must confess... look at owerri,calabar,enugu,asaba,awka even ph then imagine benin city with all their fabled civilization what they offer

lol

and the irony of it all is that out of all the cities u mentioned, u still chose live in benin? that speaks volume.

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by bestview: 11:14am On Mar 31, 2013
ezotik:

lol, commercial setup? thats ur excuse? why did u use the roof at all? and all i see in the far extreme are buildings cramped together. a bird's eye view of an area ought to reveal the network of roads and all i see in the entire pic is a congested environment. go and change the ancient roofs in onitsha and fix roads before coming here to cosign nonsense.

You are pathetic. Lol

Benin is a rural town when you compare it with Onitsha. Benin is filled with shanties and mud buildings in the state capital. Show us residentials areas in benin and see if it will not make Onitsha look like New York.

I reposted below a post by your brother:

I live in benin and I ll boldly say dat d pix is very deceptive, its focusing only on gud roads around ring road. Yes I admit dat oshiomole is doing well considering d fact dat d state was buried alive by igbenedion, but some times I do wonder if he(oshiomole) knws what development really means. The only livable place in benin is jst d GRA which has very bad roads, d gra is d only place u ll see recent houses. Other areas are filled with dead houses with 17th century zincs--- so so acient. If u'r someone dat likes fun, don't bother coming to benin cos u ll be bored to death. D only form of fun there is jst loocal joints and bars in hotel, no cinemas, no mall(only 1 hallmark which is lk any oda super mkt). Oshiomole has used taxes to pursue big industries dat has come to add live into d town. The beauty of a town does'nt lie on only gud roads, benin needs to borrow fashola's style and destroy most of the 15th century houses dat filled d town so dat wen one is passing on the road, u ll aprreciate the site.

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by bokohalal(m): 11:17am On Mar 31, 2013

lol

Is it me or do I see stewpeedeetee in the above post?
Re: Benin City Reborn! by bestview: 11:23am On Mar 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
All those places you mention are den of robbers, bastion of criminality and abode of all forms of evil Asaba is a glorified capital to the extent that once you leave head bridge, you actually ask yourself if you have past Asaba!

Do not even mention Akwa! I made the wrong decision of taking my American mate down there, for the first time, I saw humans trading in filthy waters and inside mud! I barely could believe what my eyes saw. When we got to Akwa itself, around the area where Immigration office is, I could not believe that was a state capital. We drove around, exploring the place and I was left disappointed! Please do not mention Akwa, my prayer is Anambra people get a true visionary leader that knows what development really is not the one that paint old wall with green paint and say He is building world class schools undecided

Do you mind mentioning your state so that we may match it with above two cities you mentioned. Awka is a hospitality city with UN masterplan that is streamling healthy development and planning with fascinating architecture and edifices same goes to Asaba. The fact is that the least town in the SE is over and above in advancement than all SW cities.

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by IGBOSON1: 11:25am On Mar 31, 2013
ezotik: anybody that says GRA is the only livable place in Benin is clueless. most of what you call GRA today are not part of the original GRA but areas that expanded into GRA.

Ugbor was not part of GRA in those days but expanded and became part of GRA. Parts of Sapele Road and environs are very okay and fast becoming the new GRA. Ikpoba Hill is very okay. Ekewan and environs with Ugbowo and environs are very okay because of the university - UNIBEN.

Mission Road, Akpakpava, Sakponba, MM WAY, 1st and 2nd east circular are all livable and the roads are good. And Nepa is way better in Benin compared to other parts of Nigeria that I have lived in, plus the mosquitoes in Bengazzi are not ferocious.

^^^Can we see a short youtube video of Benin (kinda like we have for Enugu, Owerri and Umuahia) so peeps can form their own opinion of the place.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by ezotik: 11:26am On Mar 31, 2013
bestview:

You are pathetic. Lol

Benin is a rural town when you compare it with Onitsha. Benin is filled with shanties and mud buildings in the state capital. Show us residentials areas in benin and see if it will not make Onitsha look like New York.

I reposted below a post by your brother:

I live in benin and I ll boldly say dat d pix is very deceptive, its focusing only on gud roads around ring road. Yes I admit dat oshiomole is doing well considering d fact dat d state was buried alive by igbenedion, but some times I do wonder if he(oshiomole) knws what development really means. The only livable place in benin is jst d GRA which has very bad roads, d gra is d only place u ll see recent houses. Other areas are filled with dead houses with 17th century zincs--- so so acient. If u'r someone dat likes fun, don't bother coming to benin cos u ll be bored to death. D only form of fun there is jst loocal joints and bars in hotel, no cinemas, no mall(only 1 hallmark which is lk any oda super mkt). Oshiomole has used taxes to pursue big industries dat has come to add live into d town. The beauty of a town does'nt lie on only gud roads, benin needs to borrow fashola's style and destroy most of the 15th century houses dat filled d town so dat wen one is passing on the road, u ll aprreciate the site.

lol, u are foaming in the mouth i see. yes benin has mud buildings because it is not a new city. the history of the city is over a 1000 years. those mud buildings have been there while u were still swinging from tree to tree like tarzan where ever u are from. u recently just got off the tree and started living in buildings and now u think a three storey building is a highrise. bushman.

btw, who ever made that post will probably be ur brother not mine.

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmoTier1(m): 11:29am On Mar 31, 2013
bestview:

Do you mind mentioning your state so that we may match it with above two cities you mentioned. Awka is a hospitality city with UN masterplan that is streamling healthy development and planning with fascinating architecture and edifices same goes to Asaba. The fact is that the least town in the SE is over and above in advancement than all SW cities.
Akwa a hospitality centre? To Sidon for one corner jor undecided. We make bold by posting pictures of development in Edo, Lagos, Ogun, Oyo,Eikit, Osun, etc. Can you also do the same by posting pictures of development of Akwa, Asaba? When it come to edifices, I will post just one house in Benin that forever will be a dreamland for any of your towns in SE! Is it onitsha where five people will own one building or is it Akwa where six people share three floors of a single building?

I dare you, make bold your statement and show us pictures of development in those dens of robbers and bastion of criminality you made mention of! WE ARETHE HEART BEAT OF NATION.... get over it..will you cool
Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmoTier1(m): 11:31am On Mar 31, 2013
ezotik:

lol, u are foaming in the mouth i see. yes benin has mud buildings because it is not a new city. the history of the city is over a 1000 years. those mud buildings have been there while u were still swinging from tree to tree like tarzan where ever u are from. u recently just got off the three and started living in buildings and now u think a three storey building is a highrise. bushman.

Abeg tell Him Palm House on Sapele road, though a state building is 13floors... Is it the heaps of refuse all over onitsha He calls High Rise buildings cheesy
Re: Benin City Reborn! by ezotik: 11:33am On Mar 31, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Can we see a short youtube video of Benin (kinda like we have for Enugu, Owerri and Umuahia) so peeps can form their own opinion of the place.

and a short video will not be a selected area that people claim the pics represent? if u are really interested in any nigeria city, take a trip to the city. nigerian cities are not too far from each other. owerri to benin will not take u more than 7 hours on the road. so move ur azz instead waiting for a short video to base ur opinion on.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by hardbody: 11:37am On Mar 31, 2013
ezotik: kidnapping is the only thing i will not give Benin a pass for. every other thing dey kamkpe. at least, in Nigerian terms.

Traveling some 2years ago with my parents, I pulled over somewhere in the outskirts just about 5 minutes before entering the town so that my mom could ease herself and for that matter my dad too. This rickety cab just pulled up and started making trouble for us asking why I should ever park on the road. It was rather late for me to have realized they planned to rob me while claiming to be local govt workers. Wisdom came into play, I offered them a handy N200 and my ATM cards, telling them I was going to pick cash inside town, they knew the implications of following me when they saw the stickers and other paraphernalia around me. Just about the same period, those thieves that throw things on the road to stop vehicles all in a bid to rob them in the name of local govt levies had severally tried to obtain from me.

My point? Oshio baba should also look at how best to curb the menace of these his criminals. Copying from Fashiola who has almost driven most of the criminals out of the roads. Breakdown on third mainland no longer carries with it a heart attack on the consequences of vandals.

Beyond the crime level, I think oshiomole is trying.

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by hardbody: 11:45am On Mar 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Akwa a hospitality centre? To Sidon for one corner jor undecided. We make bold by posting pictures of development in Edo, Lagos, Ogun, Oyo,Eikit, Osun, etc. Can you also do the same by posting pictures of development of Akwa, Asaba? When it come to edifices, I will post just one house in Benin that forever will be a dreamland for any of your towns in SE! Is it onitsha where five people will own one building or is it Akwa where six people share three floors of a single building?

I dare you, make bold your statement and show us pictures of development in those dens of robbers and bastion of criminality you made mention of! WE ARETHE HEART BEAT OF NATION.... get over it..will you cool

Bros, I lay no claim to the SE being more beautiful than Edo or Benin City. However the truth remains that Edo kingdom or Benin City still has a large number of those old red mud walled buildings. These may have historical antecedents and heritages being protected, but the fact remains that those vestiges are still there. I drive through Benin often, visit for weekends and move around town. If you are in doubt, go towards the market side where we have the bus park....Bob Izua that goes to Warri/Sapele, or go towards okhoro road and poultry, you will fear and respect antiquity.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by bestview: 11:46am On Mar 31, 2013
ezotik:

lol, u are foaming in the mouth i see. yes benin has mud buildings because it is not a new city. the history of the city is over a 1000 years. those mud buildings have been there while u were still swinging from tree to tree like tarzan where ever u are from. u recently just got off the three and started living in buildings and now u think a three storey building is a highrise. bushman.

Don't cry yet boy lol

Now you agreed with the popular notion that benin is an ancient looking backward rural village where mud houses littered entire landscape except ofcos their govt house
Re: Benin City Reborn! by ezotik: 11:59am On Mar 31, 2013
bestview:

Don't cry yet boy lol

Now you agreed with the popular notion that benin is an ancient looking backward rural village where mud houses littered entire landscape except ofcos their govt house

nope. i agree to the notion that u find mud houses in benin because it is not a new city. all old cities in nigeria and west africa have mud buildings coz mud was the material used for buildings then, duh! but that does not make them a rural village but adds to the rich heritage of the city. and how come it is only ur area of nigeria that do not have mud buildings? it proves u have been living on trees, huh?
Re: Benin City Reborn! by asog: 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
@ezotick, u hav pure benin mentality-very acient, ur too protective of ur local n acient history. Yes benin was a city in d olden days, rt nw, we r in 21st century, u need to wake up. If truly u call benin developed, den u really need to visit sm oda states. D town is tooooo old and raz 4 my lkin. Pls hlp us beg ur oshiomole to destroy all those mud houses and acient zincs dat filled d city including d so called obas palace cos its an eye-saw. He should embrace developement, gud site seeings cos dats wt attracts quality ppl into a place. Shoprite has already started their building in small warri, pls beg oshiomole to open his eyes and stop being too local. Sometimes I jst wonder what would hav become of d town if NNPC subsidiaries lik NPDC and IDSL were'nt in benin, d town wld hav jst bn filled wt touts.

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmoTier1(m): 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2013
hardbody:

Bros, I lay no claim to the SE being more beautiful than Edo or Benin City. However the truth remains that Edo kingdom or Benin City still has a large number of those old red mud walled buildings. T[b]hese may have historical antecedents and heritages being protected, but the fact remains that those vestiges are still there.[/b] I drive through Benin often, visit for weekends and move around town. If you are in doubt, go towards the market side where we have the bus park....Bob Izua that goes to Warri/Sapele, or go towards okhoro road and poultry, you will fear and respect antiquity.
Surely, if and when Nigeria wake up from her slumber, these houses will be tourist attractions that would earn money for the local economy No ? undecided

Come to London and see how houses built during the early days of their civilization is now being used to rake in billions of pounds yearly in form of tourist attraction. I for one will encourage the owners of those buildings to preserve them as much as they can!

No doubt when you drive around other places in Benin, you will find houses that will keep you mouth open wide in awe!

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmoTier1(m): 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
asog: @ezotick, u hav pure benin mentality-very acient, ur too protective of ur local n acient history. Yes benin was a city in d olden days, rt nw, we r in 21st century, u need to wake up. If truly u call benin developed, den u really need to visit sm oda states. D town is tooooo old and raz 4 my lkin. Pls hlp us beg ur oshiomole to destroy all those mud houses and acient zincs dat filled d city including d so called obas palace cos its an eye-saw. He should embrace developement, gud site seeings cos dats wt attracts quality ppl into a place. Shoprite has already started their building in small warri, pls beg oshiomole to open his eyes and stop being too local. Sometimes I jst wonder what would hav become of d town if NNPC subsidiaries lik NPDC and IDSL were'nt in benin, d town wld hav jst bn filled wt touts.
The houses here in England, especially the ones in London you people wow about on tv, if you were told they were built after world war two, I guess you will vehemently deny it! Go all over the United Kingdom and see hoses built after world war two still being used so I really do not know what you are on about.

Your comments show you are poorly educated you really are! Do you know How old Windsor Castle is? Do you know how much that palace fetches the local economy each year? If not for the stupid and vision-less leadership we have at the center, that Palace alone would generate millions for Benin City in terms of revenue as people the world over want to see that Palace.

Do you know the number of Historians who have read so much about Benin Kingdom and how they would have loved to visit the place and witness things for themselves but sadly, the visionless leaders have created an environment that make such people fear for their lives if they ever venture into Nigeria.

No doubt there is still a long way to go in terms of rejuvenating Edo State and putting Her rightly where she belongs in the committee of nations, but today, a bold statement of intent has been made by the present state governor and if this pace of development is sustained in the next 20years, Edo State and indeed Benin City will be a place everyone wants to visit.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by EASTSIDAZ: 12:56pm On Mar 31, 2013
asog: @ezotick, u hav pure benin mentality-very acient, ur too protective of ur local n acient history. Yes benin was a city in d olden days, rt nw, we r in 21st century, u need to wake up. If truly u call benin developed, den u really need to visit sm oda states. D town is tooooo old and raz 4 my lkin. Pls hlp us beg ur oshiomole to destroy all those mud houses and acient zincs dat filled d city including d so called obas palace cos its an eye-saw. He should embrace developement, gud site seeings cos dats wt attracts quality ppl into a place. Shoprite has already started their building in small warri, pls beg oshiomole to open his eyes and stop being too local. Sometimes I jst wonder what would hav become of d town if NNPC subsidiaries lik NPDC and IDSL were'nt in benin, d town wld hav jst bn filled wt touts.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Another revelatory statement. Where is exotik sef?

My brother please tell that dumb. Benin people are busy leaving in primitive era.

Shoprite are presently building their massive Malls in Onitsha and Warri, while the ediot is busy relishing on mud houses that filled up the entire benin 'city'. lol

http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/branding/51160-shoprite-enters-anambra-as-obi-lays-foundation-for-30m-mall
Re: Benin City Reborn! by BabaTony: 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Hehe , Abeg nah Happy Easter and more lies to your elbow cheesy Akwa-Ibom 5million shocked Jesus died and rose again, yet lives! The devil is a liar say amen....

Where were you when eko ile said its 2 million people? dat time easter never come abi. The population of 5 million as projected is very correct go check it out after easter.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by EASTSIDAZ: 1:02pm On Mar 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
The houses here in England, especially the ones in London you people wow about on tv, if you were told they were built after world war two, I guess you will vehemently deny it! Go all over the United Kingdom and see hoses built after world war two still being used so I really do not know what you are on about.

Your comments show you are poorly educated you really are! Do you know How old Windsor Castle is? Do you know how much that palace fetches the local economy each year? If not for the stupid and vision-less leadership we have at the center, that Palace alone would generate millions for Benin City in terms of revenue as people the world over want to see that Palace.

Do you know the number of Historians who have read so much about Benin Kingdom and how they would have loved to visit the place and witness things for themselves but sadly, the visionless leaders have created an environment that make such people fear for their lives if they ever venture into Nigeria.

No doubt there is still a long way to go in terms of rejuvenating Edo State and putting Her rightly where she belongs in the committee of nations, but today, a bold statement of intent has been made by the present state governor and if this pace of development is sustained in the next 20years, Edo State and indeed Benin City will be a place everyone wants to visit.

Why will somebody want to visit a dead town where only red mud houses are filled with? Get it into your dirty ears, Benin is a typical dirty village with all manner of planlessness. With a place like Benin as your choice place it will make cities as Onitsha, Enugu, Owerri, Warri look like New York City.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by ezotik: 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2013

wtf? protective of "local and ancient history"? and that is supposed to be an insult? u are clearly lost. so what does benin lack compared to other nigerian cities? at least a slowpoke like u can post idiotic comments on the internet from benin. so it is now shoprite and no longer cinema? so without 'shoprite' you dont have other places in benin to buy food stuff? when the hell did shoprite even come to nigeria? it started off in lagos 2006 if im not mistaken, and until shoprite came to lagos, lagos was nothing? as if a broke azz u can afford to go to such places when they decide to come.

and is it oshomiole duty to destroy people's houses and do what with a land? build new houses for them with fancy roof because benin is too old and raz for liking? lol. so why dont u move ur azz out? or do u need a passport and visa to relocate to ur so-called choice area of nigeria? fool. u prolly cant move because like i said, u are a broke azz that is contributing nothing but nuisance to the city.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmoTier1(m): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Why will somebody want to visit a dead town where only red mud houses are filled with? Get it into your dirty ears, Benin is a typical dirty village with all manner of planlessness. With a place like Benin as your choice place it will make cities as Onitsha, Enugu, Owerri, Warri look like New York City.
I dare you, post pictures of development in Anambra state and let us compare with what we are seeing in Edo State! Yeye dey worry you big time Start from Iweka road and let see the "High Rise" modern buildings you clam you have in Onitsha or Anambra as a whole.

Show us schools in Anambra and let us compare with those we see in Benin as of today. Also post your hospitals and lets compare with those we have in Benin City today.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by asog: 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2013
Omo-tier and co, u guys really need to wake up 4rm ur primitive and myopic dreams dt benin ll smday be a tourist center lik london cos of their local mud houses. I really doubt if u live in benin, ppl lk u(jst lik many benin indegens) run away 4rm their home. Have u being to places lik new benin, uselu-ugbowo, ekenwa, ikoba hill, 1st,2nd,3rd east circular roads, and so many odas,its jst a glorified village with loud and raz ppl. If not of work, no non benin indigen will prefer to stay there. So bros, wake up n stop comparin benin with london. Point of correction, am very very educated.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by EASTSIDAZ: 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
[quote author=Ubenedictus] sorry my dear, development can b found even in d outskirts of edo state.
And lastly, what roads are you talking about? You mean the one with open gutter and a capacity to burst your tires? Now dont tell me abt d onitcha road jonathan is constructing. What health are you talking about? D most popular hopital in awka is regina, isn't it? Dont let me talk d story oh. Again what school system last two weeks i still saw children outside sitting on the floor in a primary school at nnodu awka, do you want d name so u can check for yourself? All d boards in ur schools are chalk board, delapitating buildings, new ones are coming but old one are dying without renovation, your schools still uses long seats, wooden doors, open cieling, broken cement. Don't make me begin to call names, even your pry 6 pulpils can't speak well constructed sentences, not even pigin they speak ibo, go to nnamdi azikiwe and see students who can't repond when english is spoken! He can't even take care of d schools anylonger and has been asking missions to take back their schools, i'm i lying? So what school and health system are u talking about?
I'll let d road part slide becos i notice he has been soliciting aid from world bank to make roads, d reason he doesn't borrow is because of those aids.

In terms of advancement, education, role models Anambra is far far ahead of edo state. Osho succeeded in renovating a round-about and you guyz are here jumping like monkeys.

Anambra is home to role models Nigeria and Africa can be proud of: great Zik, Achebe, Ekwueme, Anyaoku, Ojukwu, Chike Obi, Soludo, Ezekwesili..the list can explode NL. This what Anambra produces due our educational standard and up bringing. We keeping churning out excellence.

As for UNIZIK its one university that almost all JAMBITE want to apply to because of its excellence: check the link below

On universities mostly preferred by candidates, Ojerinde said that 11 institutions stood out with the University of Lagos topping the list 83, 865 candidates followed closely by the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka with 82,148 while the University of Benin came third with 80,048 candidates.

The University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN, he also said was the fourth preferred institution with 79, 398, followed by the University of Ilorin, UNILORIN with 76,276.

The sixth most preferred university was the Obafemi Awolowo University,; OAU, Ile-Ife with 64,702 followed by the Ahmadu Bello University, ABU, with 56,708.

Also the ABU was followed by the University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT, with 48,439 candidates; University of Uyo, -44,397; Imo state University, -43,353 and University of Ibadan, UI with 40,011.

JAMB chief said, “Our experience this time is consistent with the previous trends- that Nigerians have a higher preference for some universities ahead of other tertiary institutions.
”Unfortunately those universities still have constraints with 83,865 candidates recorded being the highest applications (less than last year’s) 99, 115 (for the best preferred).

’’ However, from the carrying capacity figure, the National Universities Commission, NUC can admit only 9,507. These figure are only for most preferred choice and do not include those who chose UNILAG as their second choice”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/only-3-score-over-300-as-jamb-releases-results/
Re: Benin City Reborn! by ezotik: 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
lol i can't believe people are celebrating shoprite. shoprite? and until shoprite comes to ur city it is nothing? nigerians are funny people.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by asog: 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2013
@exotic, pls go back to ur park where u drive oshiomole bus and stop ranting.callin me broke is really funny cosi can emplloy a thousand of ur kind to work as my gardener n I ll still be very comfortable. With d likes of u in benin, d town can neva progress. If u don't lk 21st century things den go bak to ur village and even stop using internet. Jezzzzz, I jst hate benin mentality, u ppl need to undstnd dt being acient and primitive can neva fetch u anythn.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmoTier1(m): 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Another revelatory statement. Where is exotik sef?

My brother please tell that dumb. Benin people are busy leaving in primitive era.

Shoprite are presently building their massive Malls in Onitsha and Warri, while the ediot is busy relishing on mud houses that filled up the entire benin 'city'. lol

http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/branding/51160-shoprite-enters-anambra-as-obi-lays-foundation-for-30m-mall
Lol, so shoprite is now a standard of development for your people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CAPTION This Photo Of Bukola Saraki And Tinubu's Wife At The National Assembly / Femi Fani-kayode: 'Nigeria Will Break Into 2 Or More Pieces In The Next 5 Years / Odili House Invasion: Malami Kicks As Suspect Says He Works For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.