Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,462 members, 7,840,013 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Benin City Reborn! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin City Reborn! (42005 Views)

Biafra A Nation About To Be Reborn / Is Sincere9igerian Beaf Reborn? / Colonialism Is Reborn! Pentagon Carves Africa Into Military Zones! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin City Reborn! by EkoIle1: 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2013
BabaTony:

It is only foolish goats like eko ile that write things like this. Akwa ibom 460 million for 2 million (as if dem dey share money per head) and for your information the akwa ibom population is 5 million silly.

There is something they called supply and demand, but not expecting illiterates like you to know anything like that though...
Re: Benin City Reborn! by bxcode(m): 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
This is the most du.mb comment ever. Mr edo man masquerading as Igbo, be proud of your edo lineage and stop pretending to be what you're not. Peter Obi is by far above your empty and loud-mouthed governor.

Peter Obi ¡ѕ what Mr man, if you are honest with yourself, you won't give Peter Obi even C when rating him, he ¡ѕ busy harnessing money without spending it on any visible developmental projects. The state capital Awka ¡ѕ nothing to write home about.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by INIEDO2: 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
bxcode:
Peter Obi ¡ѕ what Mr man, if you are honest with yourself, you won't give Peter Obi even C when rating him, he ¡ѕ busy harnessing money without spending it on any visible developmental projects. The state capital Awka ¡ѕ nothing to write home about.

At least it is far far better and advanced with modern architecture and fascinating buildings than where they build mud houses in the state capital. I school in Paul University in Awka so I know what talking abt except ofcos u are talking of Awka of 10yrs ago.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by EASTSIDAZ: 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
Re: Benin City Reborn! by EASTSIDAZ: 7:08pm On Mar 31, 2013
Re: Benin City Reborn! by redsun(m): 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2013
All the ordinary people i know in nigeria tend to commend this said edo governor.Those that are feeling the crunch says good things about him.

He must be relatively a rare breed in nigerian society.The breed that can change,if given the moral and cognitive boost.

The redeemable.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by PhysicsQED(m): 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
Abagworo: Why the sudden attack on Benin and Onitsha?

First it was the "might be Yoruba but doesn't really know his recent ancestry" guy.

Now its a few Igbo posters whining because Benin is old. Some of them are actually managing to rival that Kwara/Republic of Benin guy in crassness.

Why can't the tribal champions and ethnic gladiators just find another thread to display their "talents" and leave those who want to honestly discuss the topic of the thread to discuss it in peace? undecided
Re: Benin City Reborn! by PhysicsQED(m): 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2013
bestview:

Stop this madness of yours and wawalistic attitude. Did you not see tha ediot who first drew Anambra into this? Check the first page and you will see that bastard that first started the comparison. The thread is discussing the mirage going on in edo while somebody started m@sturbat!ng with Peter Obi's performance. What prompted him in the first instance to draw Anambra into his mess and the charade and the fraud going on in edo ?

The person who first drew Anambra into this (Rossikk) is not from Anambra state or Edo state.

He might be a tribal champion like you, and was just looking for an opportunity to put down Anambra because of his ethnic bias.

Or he might have just been offering some legitimate, sincere criticism of Anambra and its governor which you and your co-ethnics were too emotional to accept.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by PhysicsQED(m): 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2013
tonychristopher: NOW TELL ME ANY DECENT PLACE IN THE SO CALLED ANCIENT CITY, IS BENIN OLDER THAN LONDON OR MOSCOW OR PRETORIA. THE FACT IS THAT ANY CITY OR TRIBE THAT IS JUJU OR JAZZ TESTED WONT MOVE AHEAD OR DEVELOPE. BENIN CITY IS A CASE STUDY.

Benin is older older than Pretoria and Moscow.

And if London hadn't been founded by the Romans, I doubt that the actual British could have founded a major city so early.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2013
[quote author=Proxytalk][/quote] keep your mouth shut my dear if you dont know. That road awarded to C C C, is a federal govt road and was awarded by the f. G. Go do you research.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
[quote author=Proxytalk][/quote] read your link again, they will be reimbursed for what they spend.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2013
basilo101:
onitsha and aba are not state capitals
go and check awka, it is dirty!
Re: Benin City Reborn! by INIEDO2: 8:37pm On Mar 31, 2013
Ubenedictus: go and check awka, it is dirty!

benin has planlessness, red mud houses, ancient-looking, international prost!tution, blood/human sacrifice of various types and dirtiness as its hallmarks. go figure it out bro
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
tonychristopher: will their diabolism and witchcraft couple with their prostitution and armed robbery allow that old glorified village called city develope.i live in ogida and that city sucks i must confess... look at owerri,calabar,enugu,asaba,awka even ph then imagine benin city with all their fabled civilization what they offer

lol
i doubt u've ever been to those places u mentioned, unless ofcos u are exagerating
Re: Benin City Reborn! by skillmachine: 9:10pm On Mar 31, 2013
Some people have ask what the governor is doing in other areas outside benin. these are some pictures of roads he has contructed between towns and villages.

Ituo-Ihievbe-Ogben-Road

Amendokhian-Ugboha-road

Ivbiogbe-Igiode-Uzanu-Road

/Anegbete-road.

Iyamho-Iyora-road

Jattu-Ibie-Road-

Apana-Iyora-Afowa-Jattu-Road

[img]http://oshiomholefor2012.com/images/stories/oshio-web/works/slider3.jpg
[/img]
Re: Benin City Reborn! by skillmachine: 9:10pm On Mar 31, 2013
These pictures were at the beginning of last year and most of these projects have been completed while new ones have started. Some of the town to town roads include:

17. The 57 km Evboeghae- Ugo - Urhonigbe road with bright at Uromehe

18. The 25 km Iguobazua – Uzama – Siluko road

19. The 40 km Igueben – Ewohimi – Ewatto – Ohordua – Okhuesan road with a bridge at Emu

20. The 30 km Ekperi – Anegbette road ( with 2 bridges) which transverses on the most difficult terrains in the country

21. The 12 km Jattu – Afowa – Iyora – Apana road with a bridge at Afowa

22. The 29.7 km long Irrua-Usugbenu – Ugbegun – Ebudin – Ujiogba road

23. The 22.3 km Oja Uneme Osu-Enwan – Igarra raod with a bridge at Ojirami

24. The 22km Sebe – Ogbe – Otuo toad with a bridge at Ihievbe

25. Uhen- Olumoye road which covers 8.35 km

26. The 29 km Ayogwiri – Apana – Imiegba – Imiakebu road with a spur at Igodor to Okpekpe and 2 bridges over Obe River.

27. The 13.7 km 6 Lane Auchi – Jattu – Afashio – Ikabigbo – Ojio road

28. The 9 km Amiendokhian – Ugboha road

29. The 5.6 km Igueben – Udo road

30. The 10 km Ivbioghe – Igiode – Uzanu road

31. The 16 km Ogan – Idunmogun road
Re: Benin City Reborn! by EkoIle1: 9:43pm On Mar 31, 2013
Good pics.

Thanks for posting. This man's ability and capabilities is def unquestionable, too bad capacity to do more is always a problem for infrastructure active state like Edo.

....while some states with more funds at their disposal don't know what to do with or just waste on private jets, bullet proof vans and giveaways..
Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmoTier1(m): 10:28pm On Mar 31, 2013
Eko Ile: Good pics.

Thanks for posting. This man's ability and capabilities is def unquestionable, too bad capacity to do more is always a problem for infrastructure active state like Edo.

....while some states with more funds at their disposal don't know what to do with or just waste on private jets, bullet proof vans and giveaways..

Go here and see thing for yourself! Surely We need this man in the presidency come 2015..

http://oshiomholefor2012.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101&Itemid=494
Re: Benin City Reborn! by PapaBrowne(m): 2:15am On Apr 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Go here and see thing for yourself! Surely We need this man in the presidency come 2015..

http://oshiomholefor2012.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101&Itemid=494

I will gladly vote Oshiomole for president come 2015.
He is the most capable of all the opposition politicians.
He is the only politician that can confuse PDP in 2015.

But the ACN goons would never want him on the ticket. They will rather give us a Buhari who is the biggest tribal King Nigeria has produced in recent times with. Put Oshiomole on that ticket and we Jonathan fans would actually make a consideration!! The man is a true leader!
Re: Benin City Reborn! by BabaTony: 2:38am On Apr 01, 2013
Eko Ile:

There is something they called supply and demand, but not expecting illiterates like you to know anything like that though...

The donkey has spoken once again saying things that don't make sense, what fu.cken demand and supply are you talking. Do you know that many states have far more demands than ur lagos state? I know you won't understand because ur brain has been washed off clean and filled with garbage from Tinubu.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by skillmachine: 2:38am On Apr 01, 2013
More pictures of roads built by Oshiomhole cutting across villages and towns in edo state.

Auchi-Jattu-Afashio-Ikabigbo Ojio-Road

Dualized-Auchi-Township road

Ekperi-Anegbette-road

Evboeghae-Ugo-Urhonigbe road

Igarra-Ososo-road

-jattu-ayua road

Uhen-olumoye road

Igueben-Ewohimi-Ewatto Ohordua-Emu-Okhuesan-road

Irrua-Usugbenu-Ugbegun- Ujogba-road.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by skillmachine: 2:38am On Apr 01, 2013
More roads in Bside.

2nd-west-circular-road

airport-road

Costain-Isonorho-junction

akpakpava-night

siluko-road-night

liberty-avenue-off Ihama rd
Re: Benin City Reborn! by tonychristopher: 8:59am On Apr 01, 2013
if benin is civilised tell us how many internationally recognised educators and pros in the mould of achebe,ekwensi,emeagwali,leo stan ekeh,anabel soludo etc... pls tell me just one pls

check this out
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/news/headlines/

DONT COMPARE BENIN WITH MY VILLAGE NNEWI SOUTH IN TERMS OF INDUSTRIALIZATION ETC.... I MADE A MISTAKE COMPARING BENIN CITY WITH OWERRI,ENUGU ETC, THEY SHOULD BE COMPARED TO MY VILLAGE...SERIOUSLY

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/03/31/nigerian-shines-as-unesco-science-laureate-wins-100000/

About UsContact UsPM-Newswire

P.M. NEWS Nigeria > News > Campus > Nigerian shines as UNESCO science laureate, wins $100,000
Nigerian shines as UNESCO science laureate, wins $100,000 Published on March 31, 2013 by · 3 Comments
Professor Francisca Okeke: recognised for her work on ionosphere
Dr Eucharia Oluchi Nwaichi: named a fellow
A Nigerian female scientist has bagged a prize of $100,000, as one of the winners of the 2013 L’Oréal-UNESCO Awards in Physical Sciences.

Professor Francisca Okeke, the first female Head of Department, University of Nigeria Nsukka bagged the 2013 Laureate award for her significant contributions “to the understanding of daily variations of the ion currents in the upper atmosphere which may further our understanding of climate change.”

Professor Francisca Okeke: recognised for her work on ionosphere
UNESCO says Professor Okeke has made the study of the ionosphere her lifetime work. The ionosphere lies between 50km and 1000kms above the earth surface. “A very thick layer of charged particles, the ionosphere produces changes in the magnetic field on earth’s surface that affect the planet in a host of ways. Her research could lead to a better understanding of climate change and help pinpoint sources of dramatic phenomena like tsunamis and earthquakes”, a summary of her research published by UNESCO read.

The awards were announced last year October, but the award ceremony took place at the weekend in Paris.

She was the only recipient in that category from Africa and the Arab nations and the third Nigerian Laureate since the UNESCO-L’Oreal partnership was established in 1998. Professor Okeke got a prize of $100,000.

Four others also got awards in the Laureate category with each representing Europe, Latin America, North America and the Asia Pacific regions.

UK Scientist Professor Pratibha Gai of York University won the 2013 European Laureate award. She was recognised for “ingeniously modifying her electron microscope so that she was able to observe chemical reactions occurring at
surface atoms of catalysts which will help scientists in their development of new medicines or new energy sources.

Dr Eucharia Oluchi Nwaichi: named a fellow
The second Nigerian award recipient, Dr Eucharia Nwaichi, an environmental bio-chemist from the University of Port Harcourt joined 15 other young scientists in the “International Fellows’’ category.

Okeke told the Western Europe Correspondent of NAN that she would continue to encourage women to participate in the development of science and technology in the country.

She noted that cultural challenges were impeding on women’s participation in global innovations, stressing that “even though it is seen as a male dominated field, people like us inspire others’’.

Similarly, Nwaichi, who was recognised for her research on “scientific solution to environmental pollution’’, stressed the need for increased motivation to support women in the field.

Amb Mariam Katagum, Nigeria’s Permanent Delegate to UNESCO, said candidates who met the criteria were selected by a jury based on their submitted projects.

“Two important elements are respecting the deadline and also making their submission through the Nigerian National Commission for UNESCO, because that gives it authenticity.

“For us as delegates, as soon as we knew we had possible candidates from Nigeria, we ensured that due process was followed.

“There is no interference as you can see, an international jury determined the outcome,’’ she said, adding that the recipients had broken the frontiers in the field of science.

According to her, they have become role models for girls, for us as a country, we need to encourage more girls to go into science.

“We can only do that by providing the environment, access to quality education and making sure that the facilities that will make them interested in science subjects are in place,’’ she stressed.

The international jury which selected the 2013 awardees was led by Nobel Prize winner, Mr Ahmed Zewail. (NAN)
Re: Benin City Reborn! by bxcode(m): 8:59am On Apr 01, 2013
INI.EDO:

At least it is far far better and advanced with modern architecture and fascinating buildings than where they build mud houses in the state capital. I school in Paul University in Awka so I know what talking abt except ofcos u are talking of Awka of 10yrs ago.
Modern architecture and fascinating buildings?? Tell one Ѻϝ such that can be found along Ziks Avenue, compared with those found in other major cities. Can you even compare Awka with the neighbouring state Enugu in terms of beauty and "fascinating buildings" ? And for your info i school in UNIZIK.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmniSparrow: 9:26am On Apr 01, 2013
tonychristopher: if benin is civilised tell us how many internationally recognised educators and pros in the mould of achebe,ekwensi,emeagwali,leo stan ekeh,anabel soludo etc... pls tell me just one pls

U are comparing benin with the whole of igbo land? U must be a drop-out. Uneducated bast.ard. Such a stupid post.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmoTier1(m): 9:51am On Apr 01, 2013
tonychristopher: if benin is civilised tell us how many internationally recognised educators and pros in the mould of achebe,ekwensi,emeagwali,leo stan ekeh,anabel soludo etc... pls tell me just one pls

check this out
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/news/headlines/

DONT COMPARE BENIN WITH MY VILLAGE NNEWI SOUTH IN TERMS OF INDUSTRIALIZATION ETC.... I MADE A MISTAKE COMPARING BENIN CITY WITH OWERRI,ENUGU ETC, THEY SHOULD BE COMPARED TO MY VILLAGE...SERIOUSLY

Stupidity of the highest order! Show us what yourso called Nigeria Jews Governor in Anambra has done with the funds allocated and generated in that state! At least we can see we our Oshiomhole is doing and physical structures are evident every where. It is only how to criticise the achievements of others you lots are good at, yet your own land is a heap of rubbish.

Does it not bother you that other states are pulling ahead and your leaders keep deceiving you with substandard projects? Can you compare the quality of the roads and school Oshiomhole has constructed to any Obi has done in all of His 7years in office?

You better wake up from your deep slumber
Re: Benin City Reborn! by INIEDO2: 11:52am On Apr 01, 2013
Omni_Sparrow:

U are comparing benin with the whole of igbo land? U must be a drop-out. Uneducated bast.ard. Such a stupid post.

All the people he mentioned are Anambrans except ofcos leo stan eke
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Proxytalk: 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: read your link again, they will be reimbursed for what they spend.
I stunble into the thread and perhaps felt the need to put the record straight. but u didnt read the link i posted b4 ur first comment and ignorantly asking me to do research which i had done. Then ur second post talkin abt reimbursment. go and ask the cost 5bilion in a yr then u know what obi have saved fg.
pls i dont subscribe to those abismal mental exercise you poeple are doing here.
Thanks.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by INIEDO2: 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
bxcode:
Modern architecture and fascinating buildings?? Tell one Ѻϝ such that can be found along Ziks Avenue, compared with those found in other major cities. Can you even compare Awka with the neighbouring state Enugu in terms of beauty and "fascinating buildings" ? And for your info i school in UNIZIK.

Am not here to do unnecessary comparison. Since you claim to be a ZIKITE go round Udoka est, Abuja est, even Ngozika est and tell me that u cannot see beaufifully crafted architectures built by govt as well as individuals. I agree that Oshio has made some mark when u compare him with former govs of the state but it does not remove the fact that entire Benin town is still packed with ancient houses most which moulded with mud block. The govt can encourage individuals to remodel or outright reconstruction to boost the general asthetics of the town.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Fidelis123: 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2015
Without being told someone a right senses will know that you people are being jealous of Benin city... Benin city is known world wide for their modern civilisation
And that is why it's called CITY nothing that make up city that cannot be found in Benin...any area or part of development you have in your state before you have it it's already in Benin city... People living in Benin do and think internationally and not local blood...
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Fidelis123: 4:01pm On Dec 06, 2015
There is nothing special about the igbo than to use their brothers and sisters for money making ritual. And they are all slaves with their barbaric mentality. They have the most dirty state in Nigeria and they are living in extreme poverty that's why frustration make them use their love - one in money ritual... Demonic people!!!!!!!
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Joseph090615801: 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
[here are more pictures from benin city nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari And Sisters Attend His Best Friend's Graduation In Dubai (Photos) / Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria / Kuje Prison Attack: Only God Saved Us - DSP Abba Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.