Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Are There Catfish On Nairaland? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are There Catfish On Nairaland? (27746 Views)

What Do You Think? Catch Or Catfish? / Yourmain Is A Catfish!!!!!!! / How I Discovered This CATFISH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
masterpiecer:

most people thinks that what makes dem is what they are, rahter than who they r
that's true.
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Francheezy(m): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
Sitex: For those who care to knw...I'm the meat seller question
Am tired of living a fake life so am out nw on nairaland as a renown MEAT SELLER.
How many of you nairaland gals gbadu me nw None am guessin
so you see why i had to project a false image of myself rght!
Life of unequal opportunities... *mtcheeeew*
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Freiburger(m): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
mimifonwon:
when i finally met the guy, he was a meat seller, and yes he was a graduate,
So you were expecting to meet a pilot or what? What is wrong in him beeing a meat seller? is it not a job?
Please learn for this quote from Missy ''If You Pray Daily For A Hardworking Man, Yet Don't Respond To Greetings From Bricklayers, God Is Watching You In HD''.

6 Likes

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by igbsam(m): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
[size=13pt]You shouldn't blame the poor dude. Girls of now-a-days love lies than truth. He must have had bad experiences with ladies who he came clean with and it didn't go down well for him. So he choose to play the other part(big boy) and it played well for him. But what baffles me the most was, how and why didn't he end up playing the game till the end. He ought to have gone round, borrow some cloths and shoes, hire a car to look like his own, clean up and then meet you up where ever you suggested and then viola, he would gain your trust. The guy no sharp jare![/size]

1 Like

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
LMAAAAOOOOOOO!!!

I no fit shout abeg... grin grin grin grin
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
ikekings: grin grin grin... Na pesin business now...

You never hear say dem don ban okada for almost all the states
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by slimyem: 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
"catfish experience"undecided
that day would just never come!

2 Likes

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by masterpiecer(m): 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
ItsModella: LMAAAAOOOOOOO!!!

whats funny?

afterall na so so free kpomo meat op go dey chop every market day grin
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by temi4fash(m): 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
Dis story gat ribs cracking...
In as miuch as i dont lik d fact dat he lied.. I believe d guy has some personality issues.. But come to tink of it.. Y cant a meat seller av time to come on NL is just for him 2tak sum time out from his job....

1 Like

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 19, 2013
coogar:

the story is not true, op is lying!!
even though i agree there are fake people on this forum just like every other site, i do not believe this particular story. a meat seller would not have the time to troll here and still cleave meats in the market.
Meat sellers in Naija start by 11 or 12 pm because of the time they get to kill the cow etc. cheesy

They also finish early maybe 6pm depending on how fast they sell...so he has the time to browse and make contact. In Naija, this story is possible
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by masterpiecer(m): 3:05pm On Jan 19, 2013
slimyem: "catfish experience"undecided
that day would just never come!

would u rather a 'goat meat' experience? grin
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by LesbianBoy(m): 3:06pm On Jan 19, 2013
ItsModella: LMAAAAOOOOOOO!!!

Hi, itsmodella, are you a model and is your name emmanuella?
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 19, 2013
Freiburger:
So you were expecting to meet a pilot or what? What is wrong in him beeing a meat seller, is it not a job?
Please learn for this quote from Missy ''If You Pray Daily For A Hardworking Man, Yet Don't Respond To Greetings From Bricklayers, God Is Watching You In HD''.

You dey vex o, so tey you quote missy join, abi your condition worse pass this catfish own? :De
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by masterpiecer(m): 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2013
LesbianBoy:
Hi, itsmodella, are you a model and is your name emmanuella?

go away, we r talking cat fish here.
abi u b meat seller
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by temi4fash(m): 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2013
Freiburger:
So you were expecting to meet a pilot or what? What is wrong in him beeing a meat seller? is it not a job?

no mind m joor... Shey she doesnt knw meat seller get grade.. He might b a meat wholesaler...
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Freiburger(m): 3:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
@ all What is wrong in selling meat? some countries will require a minimun of a first degree before one can go into that field. grin
A tipical example of Nigerian's misconceptions.
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by masterpiecer(m): 3:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
temi4fash:

no mind m joor... Shey she doesnt knw meat seller get grade.. He might b a meat wholesaler...

like cow abi?
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by chronique(m): 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2013
Smh. And to think you guys were dissing those of us who used our natural pix @ the mr NL pageant? But wait o,why will anyone go as far as using someone else's pix to represent himself/herself? That's the height of inferiority complex. If you're not comfortable with your body,you're as good as dead. Thank God I'm not ugly but if for any reason,I'm termed as ugly,I'll still be proud of myself. There are lots of ugly dudes married to pretty chicks;dont see why pple should start using someone else's pics as theirs. It just doesnt make sense. As for the guy being a meat seller,that doesnt count. So long as he is making a honest living,I'd take him for who he is. I'd rather walk with a honest meat seller than be friends with a yahoo boy(theif). Those folks cant talk near me & would never be bold to speak near me in real life. I have a way of putting them down. Timaya "was" a plantain seller but you all know what he is today. I'd never intentionally put down anybody who makes a honest living from a menial job. So long as it's not fraud,ritual or drugs,I'm ok. I've had money & I've been broke to the point where I was almost crowned king of "broke lane". My only saving grace then was that I had good clothes to wear n lived in a nice crib. Tables can turn anytime,levels can change within milliseconds;nothing lasts for ever. If you wanna be free,then just be yourself. You'll find someone who would take you for who you are. I'm into showbiz & I know of a guy who used to beg me for small small change way back. Today,he's a very popular music video director. Then I was bigger than him but today,in terms of popularity & achievements,I'm no match for him. He's way way ahead of me. What does that tell you? No one knows tomorrow. My only grouse with this ur NL guy is why he had to lie about his personality & worse off,using a fake picture.

NB: My current profile pic is a promo artwork for an artiste I work with.

8 Likes

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by mrkels(m): 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2013
I have met plenty "catfishes" Oh, Back then in school when facebook came out i used it for both soul searching and "girl searching" geez and most times i was super disappointed because the pictures they posted then was those edited pictures from a photo lab...Well i had a very bad experience last year and since them i have not met anyone online again, not even the girls on my blackberry and lord know i have not toasted any girl here on nairaland and i just might never do because for once i never thought people used this site for dating until i got to the romance sections, also with the numerous annonymous id here any dude can fake a female profile grin
BTW, OP please tell us who he is now...I ll inbox you o cheesy
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by kunlej2: 3:12pm On Jan 19, 2013
lucky you!
this is the reason why i didnt take a lady i met online serious despite how much felling i had for her even to date.
she pose to be of good cahracter and from a wealthy home but she abuse me a lot for unknown reasons.
i had my own fair too (not the way you may think) something like i drink and womanize of which i dont. well despite that she insisted to meet me but i just ignored.
now it is once upon a time
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by coogar: 3:13pm On Jan 19, 2013
Vikin:
Meat sellers in Naija start by 11 or 12 pm because of the time they get to kill the cow etc. cheesy

i still don't believe the op - the gulf in class is too wide!

They also finish early maybe 6pm depending on how fast they sell...so he has the time to browse and make contact. In Naija, this story is possible

i am curious how you know the daily schedule of a meat seller.
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Freiburger(m): 3:15pm On Jan 19, 2013
coogar:

lol grin
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by xynerise: 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
iyatrustee: D catfish nlder must either be 190, lesbiaboy or xynerise! Cos these are the three meatsellers i know dat are nairalanders grin cheesy grin
your left yansh angry
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by BABE3: 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
mimifonwon: So i was in naija recently, i have met some cool people here on nairaland, and some have emailed me, i just wanted friendship and someone to hang with when i got to nigeria.

So i met this guy ( will not name him cuz i really feel sorry for him, if he will go to such extent to be someone else, he was one of the contestant for mr.nairaland). Anyways i thought this guy was hot, ( na me be the mugu), it wasnt like i was trying to do him ( am a good girl, wasnt looking for that). Anyways this guy and i had been emailing and even skyped, but he always said he couldnt cam up, but always asked me to cam up.

In this day and age though? Why couldn't he cam up? That should have been a red flag!

Only îdîöts get cat-fished. You can know absolutely anything you want to know about anyone online before meeting them.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by freecocoa(f): 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
A-ZeD:

Oyi na tum o grin
What of all the blankets I gave you na? You no dey use them?
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by xynerise: 3:18pm On Jan 19, 2013
freecocoa: Are you minding Iya?

She's joking o, 190 is a bar boy in Edo state, Xynerise dey sell something for one supermarket for Lag.cheesy
you no serious grin. Anyways, you are right about 190. grin
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 19, 2013
2legit2qwt:
cheesy cheesy cheesy You could have given him a chance now, wasn't he good looking enough to make you overlook everything else? grin
@mimifonwon
Let me guess the mr nl guy was luc or something like that lipsrsealed Hahaha

The female nlers are probably worse tongue

Lol....I had to respect myself oh! grin
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by masterpiecer(m): 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2013
xynerise:
your left yansh angry

for bringing the truth to light?
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by freecocoa(f): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
coogar:

That one na small thing na, all of them get almost the same schedule.

1 Like

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2013
coogar:

i still don't believe the op - the gulf in class is too wide!

I once stayed in lagos, and went to local market too.... Went early once around 9 am but had to wait around till 11 am before getting any meat . Later confirmed the time they operate.

So my dear, am well experienced! smiley

1 Like

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by xynerise: 3:22pm On Jan 19, 2013
masterpiecer:

for bringing the truth to light?
Antelope who call you? undecided
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by sanspiffy(m): 3:23pm On Jan 19, 2013
now this got me laughing so hard, so sad but true never trust people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21)

Annoying Traits Peculiar To Naija Girls - concerned Nairalander / Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. / Ekene Ezepue Weds Maria Olukunle (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.