Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,313 members, 7,815,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Are There Catfish On Nairaland? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are There Catfish On Nairaland? (27735 Views)

What Do You Think? Catch Or Catfish? / Yourmain Is A Catfish!!!!!!! / How I Discovered This CATFISH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
Nairaland is filled with "I belong(s)"
There is nothing wrong with an honest person that is still struggling, but people on this site make you feel like a looser.
See the way some ppl r mocking the meat seller. Na wa º°˚˚˚°º‎​oohh

6 Likes

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by masterpiecer(m): 3:26pm On Jan 19, 2013
xynerise:
Antelope who call you? undecided

confirms u r a meat seller grin

1 Like

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Freiburger(m): 3:26pm On Jan 19, 2013
It is obvious the story isn't true, imagine the OP said he was a graduate, so he brought his credentials with him. abi?
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 19, 2013
You are telling lies. If he was a fraud, how did you know he was a graduate? Did he show you his certificate?

1 Like

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 19, 2013
freecocoa: That one na small thing na, all of them get almost the same schedule.

I interviewed one once, you can't believe the profit those guys make. The only thing is the condition they subject themselves. There is money in that business menhh! cool

But the condition is terrible, OP should have accepted him the way he was but he already said he finished from UK school and was waiting for NYSC.

Btw, maybe he was doing his youth service in a meat shop
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2013
Vikin:

I interviewed one once, you can't believe the profit those guys make. The only thing is the condition they subject themselves. There is money in that business menhh! cool

But the condition is terrible, OP should have accepted him the way he was but he already said he finished from UK school and was waiting for NYSC.

grin grin

Some serious things do go on around here. Hilarious.

Imagine the hope and hype?
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by iyatrustee(f): 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2013
masterpiecer:

confirms u r a meat seller grin

Thanks for vindicating me hun! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
What kind of meat seller is he by the way? Is he the fulani type that sells whole cattle or the retailers who butcher the meat in parts and retail? Or does he sell suya and kilishi?
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by djeezy(m): 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
Ada Nri1: Nairaland is filled with "I belong(s)"
There is nothing wrong with an honest person that is still struggling, but people on this site make you feel like a looser.
See the way some ppl r mocking the meat seller. Na wa º°˚˚˚°º‎​oohh
lol, welcome 2 9ja.
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Dyt(f): 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2013
Buhahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahaha
My head ooooo
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by ikekings(m): 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
Vikin:

Lol... Very funny... grin grin grin
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by AZeD1(m): 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
freecocoa: What of all the blankets I gave you na? You no dey use them?
Them no reach oh
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by LesbianBoy(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
iyatrustee: D catfish nlder must either be 190, lesbiaboy or xynerise! Cos these are the three meatsellers i know dat are nairalanders grin cheesy grin
SMH for the 2 people who liked this post......... And as for you iyatrustee, you are putting my name among meatsellers later now you will be begging me to employ one of your relatives in my company! *rolls eyes for her* you know its only xynerise and 190 that are meatsellers and that i am a CEO of LB group of companies!
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
With your car or bicycle? grin grin grin

Customized borres cheesy
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by starlightRR(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
@op your story ain't complete..... you were quick to bring the guy down(someone with a honest means of living)... its either you ADDEd too much salt or removed some maggi.....I think you wanted to be emotionally involved with the guy..... Learn to respect people cos you can't predict the future....I also blame the guy for lying sha

1 Like

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by freecocoa(f): 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2013
Vikin:

True, money dey the business, I remember one that usually give me lots of meat, the dude been don even build house from him business sef.

Whoever the OP is talking about should not have lied sha but I understand how NL works so I don't even blame him too much.

Btw this OP story sef get comma.
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2013
freecocoa: So una no fit detect joke again abi?angry

*pours ice water on freecoca* no vex sis, I knw say na joke
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by sasview: 3:40pm On Jan 19, 2013
Vikin:

Interesting! cheesy

I once had this cat fish that only describe the good part of him....tall, clean skin, pointed nose etc.

We talked on phone for almost 2 months but never saw each other cos we stayed in different city. When I finually went back to my city for school, I had to ask him to meet me in my faculty.

He arrived and he was everything he said about himself and much more. My friend excused us and was standing around the corner. He was just smiling at me, with the look of he really fancied what he saw.

Anyway, we got talking, I was doing most of the talking then I crack a joke that made him explode with laughter. He laughed so hard that I noticed that, there were plenty teeth in his mouth.

It was then very obvious that maybe all his teeth carried a twin grin

Forgive me! Lmao...

He also had a very noticeable bow leg that could strangle someone without using his hands.

Anyway, the little love I had grown disappeared.

After that he left promising that he was gonna call that evening, but just as I joined my friend, you know what she said?

Wow! That guy mouth na shark o!

I didn't know if to laugh or ......but I can tell you that was the end of my catfish story!

cheesy

Did your friends tell you your own shortcoming? I am sure the dude must have observed some deficiency in you as well.
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by masterpiecer(m): 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2013
freecocoa: True, money dey the business, I remember one that usually give me lots of meat, the dude been don even build house from him business sef.

Whoever the OP is talking about should not have lied sha but I understand how NL works so I don't even blame him too much.

Btw this OP story sef get comma.

Dear phantom meat seller, pls show ur self ooo, see chicks don dey trip 4 u die for here o wink
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by jadakiss213(m): 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
Afam4eva: LMAO grin grin grin...this is some funny sh1t.

Don't be fooled. This is the World Wide Web where anybody can be anything and even more. People are not what they appear to be.

@OP
How are we sure you came back from the US and not Cotonou grin?
Afam u harsh o..
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2013
BABE!:

In this day and age though? Why couldn't he cam up? That should have been a red flag!

Only îdîöts get cat-fished. You can know absolutely anything you want to know about anyone online before meeting them.

grin grin grin
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 19, 2013
sasview:
Did your friends tell you your own shortcoming? I am sure the dude must have observed some deficiency in you as well.

This is not about me but about my cat fish! undecided
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
chronique: Smh. [size=18pt]And to think you guys were dissing those of us who used our natural pix @ the mr NL pageant? But wait o,why will anyone go as far as using someone else's pix to represent himself/herself? That's the height of inferiority complex[/size]. If you're not comfortable with your body,you're as good as dead. Thank God I'm not ugly but if for any reason,I'm termed as ugly,I'll still be proud of myself. There are lots of ugly dudes married to pretty chicks;dont see why pple should start using someone else's pics as theirs. It just doesnt make sense. As for the guy being a meat seller,that doesnt count. So long as he is making a honest living,I'd take him for who he is. I'd rather walk with a honest meat seller than be friends with a yahoo boy(theif). Those folks cant talk near me & would never be bold to speak near me in real life. I have a way of putting them down. Timaya "was" a plantain seller but you all know what he is today. I'd never intentionally put down anybody who makes a honest living from a menial job. So long as it's not fraud,ritual or drugs,I'm ok. I've had money & I've been broke to the point where I was almost crowned king of "broke lane". My only saving grace then was that I had good clothes to wear n lived in a nice crib. Tables can turn anytime,levels can change within milliseconds;nothing lasts for ever. If you wanna be free,then just be yourself. You'll find someone who would take you for who you are. I'm into showbiz & I know of a guy who used to beg me for small small change way back. Today,he's a very popular music video director. Then I was bigger than him but today,in terms of popularity & achievements,I'm no match for him. He's way way ahead of me. What does that tell you? No one knows tomorrow. My only grouse with this ur NL guy is why he had to lie about his personality & worse off,using a fake picture.

NB: My current profile pic is a promo artwork for an artiste I work with.

lol and some use fake pictures in their profiles all the time.
not even to compete, just to deceive.

@blue true words!!

1 Like

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
Of course he fooled you. I mean, why would you continue to go on with a person who refused to cam up everytime you were on skype? That was already a warning sign.

1 Like

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
It was the day a thread was created for Nairalanders to say the cars that they're currently using that i knew that Nigerians can lie. Even some people that i know real life who have degrees in trekking were saying that they use Lamborgini.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2013
A test of true love..and the op failed. He could have disguised to meet her to see how she would react..
Btw,hw many meat sellers get british accent?
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2013
You need some catfish experience in your life. I can't even do that, I am me o 100% Carlos Santino. No time!
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2013
chidyhels: A test of true love..and the op failed. He could have disguised to meet her to see how she would react..
hahahahaha!! the question on my mind is how he was able to fake the British accent..

1 Like

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2013
chidyhels:
Me. . I sell British meat
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Afam4eva(m): 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2013
ItsModella:
hahahahaha!! the question on my mind is how he was able to fake the British accent..
Since he's a graduate, that should be easy. I've seen yahoo boys fake just about any accent.
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Mavor: 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2013
Thats the problem with most ladies. Cos of one nasty experience, they classify everyone else as fu<ked. Well its your problem. Besides, with all the excuses and $hit from the guy, you for "wise up" immediately. You wanted to see what your mind wanted to see. When otherwise showed up, u ended up bitter. Classic!!!
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by mrkels(m): 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2013
Vikin:
Meat sellers in Naija start by 11 or 12 pm because of the time they get to kill the cow etc. cheesy
They also finish early maybe 6pm depending on how fast they sell...so he has the time to browse and make contact. In Naija, this story is possible

And you know so much about meat selling activities BECAUSE YOU ARE THE MEAT SELLER THE OP IS TALKING ABOUT cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21)

Annoying Traits Peculiar To Naija Girls - concerned Nairalander / Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. / Can One Be In Love With Two People At The Same Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.