Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] (34427 Views)

VP Osinbajo Visits Fashola In His Lagos Home (Photos) / Breaking!!!!! Apc Candidate Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Fashola / Bill Gates Visits Fashola. PICS.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by crackhaus: 6:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
This message goes out to HOLLANDIS & Co.(You know yourself), why are you on this forum if you find your motherland & its people sickening? You have left the only country on earth that will accept you for you to be a 2nd class citizen in another country(mind you, there's no way on earth you'll ever be considered a 1st class citizen in your country of residence as long as your skin tone remains negro). Why do you feel the need to elevate yourself by calling africans/nigerians names? Is it that you suffer from so much low self-esteem? Yes, we got issues as a country but people like you should stay out of it if you're so angered and bitter about it. Please tell me the picture on your profile is not you cos if it is, I am sorely disappointed in you for your vile tongue and bad attitude. If the picture isn't really you, then I guess I'm right that you do suffer from low self-esteem...
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Oluwaadajo(m): 6:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi: Fashola should have dressed in something more professional
His outfit looks out of place at this meeting
They will think he was still in his pajamas
Doesn't he have a nice blazer with regular pants?
There is a time and place for certain outfits,he needs to learn that and adjust.

My thinking too. He looked like the office messenger!

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Kairoseki77: 6:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ok...listen people!

Fashola is obviously the best politician in the entire country. Are the rest of them bad? No, not all of them. BUT NONE ARE AS GOOD AS HIM.

No matter what excuse you come up with, you know that it's true. I'm sure GEJ knows that it's true. I'm sure every Nigerian knows it true. It's obvious that every foreign business owner knows.

If you Nigerians don't elect Fashola as President in 2015, you will only have yourselves to blame.
Wouldn't it be nice for Nigeria to be succeeding, instead of struggling?
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Akainzo(m): 6:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
hollandis:

shocked A housemaid enjoys this in Nigeria .Then why not apply for the job of a house maid wink

Unfortunately for you, YES, a housemaid enjoys all this, which is better than you currently brag about.
Why wouldn't I apply for the job, simple, I need much more than the basics of life to keep me going. I need intellectual stimulation, I drive for achievements and I love adventures. That is why I am different from you and thus, my reasoning abilities and cognitive capacity are different from yours!

4 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 6:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

Personally, I see nothing wrong in traditional atire, in fact, I encourage it. This is nothing but a courtesy visit, [b]if it was a much more professional type vsit, [/b]then your point is understandable. You know how many Africans that work @ the World Bank Group/IMF/ILFC et al wear their traditional attire? Even yesterday, at the Presidential Inaugural Ball, there were few ladies that showed up in African print material but stylish. I don't see anything wrong in it.
Your own colo is partial grin . If is was professional then what?? Have you ever seen the Saudis or Kuwaitis in Suits.
In Yoruba culture we have formal and informal dress and they have nothing to do with suits.This kind of drivel can only come from people with no culture to speak of or who are ashamed and lack self confidence.

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Oluwaadajo(m): 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
dick hardener: a sound brilliant mind does not engage in the excesses of fashion craze

Disagree!

Can he visit the White House like this?

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
Oluwaadajo:

My thinking too. He looked like the office messenger!

Ode! Nigerians and their crazy mindsets, So he should knack suit to look like what he is not.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by RedLight1: 6:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
hollandis: and this is supposed to be a front page news...Nigeria is crap .If google chairman or whatever comes to my street .Who would give a shyte about him.Nigeria is really backward ,,just look at the replies here OMG plus SMH
the news was posted on frontpage not becos they want to asslick him but becos he has something to offer Nigeria and what is wrong with all the comment so far? seriously must u people talk from anus or the brain is just in the anus angry
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 6:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0: Your own colo is partial grin . If is was professional then what?? Have you ever seen the Saudis or Kuwaitis in Suits.
In Yoruba culture we have formal and informal dress and they have nothing to do with suits.This kind of drivel can only come from people with no culture to speak of or who are ashamed and lack self confidence.

Haha, you transferred it to me. While you haven't see, I've see lots of them from the Streets of Washington DC to the floors of NY. When people go for highly professional gatherings, respect the occasion. I'm sure you posted the pics of people, how about you post the pics of princes and kings that attend high profile gathering and see what they wear.

Everyone has formal and informal dressing and has no absolute bearing on the the culture. Different occasions calls for different attire, irrespective of your culture or tradition. If you cannot learn that, then I cannot help you.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by lafuria1(m): 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
let me derial thread a little.
i find this pic so funny sha. GEJ will be having an interveiw with christiane amanpour tomorrow, 8pm, on national issues..

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
That is watayam sayyinnnnn!!
When Formality is required Yorubas know what to do. We lead NOT follow.

9 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dayokanu(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
I dey vex I dey vex I dey vex

Bad belle throway throway wuruwuru throway throway
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by AKMoney1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Michaeljones36: Ok...listen people!

Fashola is obviously the best politician in the entire country. Are the rest of them bad? No, not all of them. BUT NONE ARE AS GOOD AS HIM.

No matter what excuse you come up with, you know that it's true. I'm sure GEJ knows that it's true. I'm sure every Nigerian knows it true. It's obvious that every foreign business owner knows.

If you Nigerians don't elect Fashola as President in 2015, you will only have yourselves to blame.

And how much were u paid for this cheap campaign? @ bolded u be confirm E-fool

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by RedLight1: 6:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Lo fi ori Lugi. Were omo elewedu.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by phantom(m): 6:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
la furia: let me derial thread a little.
i find this pic so funny sha. GEJ will be having an interveiw with christiane amanpour tomorrow, 8pm, on national issues..
na wa o!this woman fine pass as she dey for CNN o! shocked shocked
GEJ better go and do some reading up before the interview grin
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Oluwaadajo(m): 6:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

What we say to each other on NL doesn't justify dragging our parents on the floor. NL topics is not about our parents a
nd I've never uttered anything about anybody's parent on NL including yours so what's your point?

Stay away from conversation it insulting parents is your favorite response to everything. I wasn't even talking to you or anybody. Curb your anger and hahtred sometimes.

I wonder o!

Too many gutter people on NL. Everything is abuse, insult and bullying.

The abuse is mostly from the empty barrels. You can tell easily what kind of homes they come from and why their life is the way it is.

Many of them sit on NL posting abusive comments all day. They add no value to anyone's life except ignorant people like themselves .

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
Thats how Yorubas roll

Akintola and Ben Gurion below

5 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dickhardener: 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
Oluwaadajo:

Disagree!

Can he visit the White House like this?
how old are you? So I can save some energy.

4 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by neksummi(m): 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
He's highly welcome to Naija.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Afam4eva(m): 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
phantom:
na wa o!this woman fine pass as she dey for CNN o! shocked shocked
GEJ better go and do some reading up before the interview grin
I wonder how GEJ will be feeling knowing that he's gonna face one of the most difficult interviews ever.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by RedLight1: 6:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:
You are a 5tupid and ignorant woman puffed up with ignorance.
Yorubas are NOT a tribe!!
Fashola was in his residence in his country. A Governor of a Yoruba state and you are suggesting appropriate dress for him is European when receiving Europeans.The corollary would be that when he visits "them" they reciprocate.
How many Arab leaders do you see wearing what you suggest?. Fashola is not attending a job interview at Google and so I see no reason why he should wear Oyinbo clothes. Really you are quite dense and beyond redemption.
THe implication of your reasoning is that the world have arrived at a convention of what is international dress code and Nigeria is a signatory to that. Why did the world Bank not sack Ngozi for TRIBAL DRESSING.
I am happy that a Nigerian Head of state has Never appeared in public wearing Colonial clothes which you idiotically call appropriate.
When the occasion calls for it Yorubas wear an Agbada for formality and ALWAYS with a HAT
You should be locked up in a cage and starved to death.
this i agree with ... some people are just pathetically foolish ....ewww ... thanks for enlightening them

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by phantom(m): 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
I wonder how GEJ will be feeling knowing that he's gonna face one of the most difficult interviews ever.
i am telling you especially when there'll be no pre arranged questions... grin grin SMH
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Oluwaadajo(m): 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Julieccentric:

Ode! Nigerians and their crazy mindsets, So he should knack suit to look like what he is not.

Here we go . Another gutter mouth who cannot comment without showing off the kind of homes they come from.

You obviously come from a sad INTOLERANT home where you were trained to insult anyone because you don't agree with their opinion. You don't respect others opinion but expect others to respect yours.

Your negativity is on show for all to see and will follow you throughout your life.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

Haha, you transferred it to me. While you haven't see, I've see lots of them from the Streets of Washington DC to the floors of NY. When people go for highly professional gatherings, respect the occasion. I'm sure you posted the pics of people, how about you post the pics of princes and kings that attend high profile gathering and see what they wear.

Everyone has formal and informal dressing and has no absolute bearing on the the culture. Different occasions calls for different attire, irrespective of your culture or tradition. If you cannot learn that, then I cannot help you.
What did Okonjo Iweala wear when she was at the WB.?Was she being disrespectful?? Or are Oyinbos being disrespectful when they wear suits into our country.THat lack of symmetry highlights your sense of Inferiority. I do not feel he is disrespectful wearing a suit and tie in Nigeria why then should YOU think that the converse is true?? What you are saying is suits and Ties are a gold standard?. Yorubas will NEVER sign up to that. Only blank slates (People with no history) will do that.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dayokanu(m): 6:45pm On Jan 22, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by MrGlobe(m): 6:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
Michaeljones36: Ok...listen people!

YOU ARE TALKING ABSOLUTE NONSENSE. FASHOLA WHICH PRESIDENT? WHICH COUNTRY. No you think Nigeria begins and ends in Lagos that runs on media propaganda. rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
crackhaus: This message goes out to HOLLANDIS & Co.(You know yourself), why are you on this forum if you find your motherland & its people sickening? You have left the only country on earth that will accept you for you to be a 2nd class citizen in another country(mind you, there's no way on earth you'll ever be considered a 1st class citizen in your country of residence as long as your skin tone remains negro). Why do you feel the need to elevate yourself by calling africans/nigerians names? Is it that you suffer from so much low self-esteem? Yes, we got issues as a country but people like you should stay out of it if you're so angered and bitter about it. Please tell me the picture on your profile is not you cos if it is, I am sorely disappointed in you for your vile tongue and bad attitude. If the picture isn't really you, then I guess I'm right that you do suffer from low self-esteem...
Small small for the babe abeg.She nor know when she spit those words i beg for am
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by RedLight1: 6:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
hollandis:

Cant you see the way he dressed like a mad man? Can't you distinguish the thin line between culture and tradition #slowpoke
you are the most stupidd somebody have ever seen ..... how many arab leaders change the way they dress whenever they wanna meet obama or any European .... must u people be this inferior ? not everyone will be foolish inferior asslicker like u now .... u seriously need to go and work on ur self esteem b4 u are doomed
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by milky3(f): 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
hollandis: and this is supposed to be a front page news...Nigeria is crap .If google chairman or whatever comes to my street .Who would give a shyte about him.Nigeria is really backward ,,just look at the replies here OMG plus SMH
dont u know d@ is part of Lagos achievement dis year?
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
Akainzo:

Unfortunately for you, YES, a housemaid enjoys all this, which is better than you currently brag about.
Why wouldn't I apply for the job, simple, I need much more than the basics of life to keep me going. I need intellectual stimulation, I drive for achievements and I love adventures. That is why I am different from you and thus, my reasoning abilities and cognitive capacity are different from yours!
I still dey beg for the babe....o Maybe na small pikin dey worry her abeg nor too vex for am.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
logica: Apparently he's on a tour around Africa.

yes, he is. His next point of call is your village.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Oluwaadajo(m): 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
dayokanu: www.nairaland.com/attachments/361454_Obasanjo_Carter_3_gif1aea2f9bb290a245046ff4d50470ded2

Please compare like with like. Fashola looks nothing like this!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Photo Of Governor Ganduje At NYSC Camp In Kano Has Got People Asking Questions / Oshiomhole: Emiefele Would Go To Jail, Let Nobody Say Our Money Is Not Valid / Buhari Signs Voluntary Offshore Assets Regularisation Scheme (VOARS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.