Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,632 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] (34428 Views)

VP Osinbajo Visits Fashola In His Lagos Home (Photos) / Breaking!!!!! Apc Candidate Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Fashola / Bill Gates Visits Fashola. PICS.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:
What did Okonjo Iweala wear when she was at the WB.?Was she being disrespectful?? Or are Oyinbos being disrespectful when they wear suits into our country.THat lack of symmetry highlights your sense of Inferiority. I do not feel he is disrespectful wearing a suit and tie in Nigeria why then should YOU thinh that the converse is true??

Mr NOI wore mostly traditional wears, like the name says ----

[size=16pt]THE WORLD BANK GROUP[/size], the group has 100+member countries.

I NEVER SAID wearing your attire is disrespectful, so please STOP forcing words on something I never said. Her tenure at 25+ years of consulting and mgmt of WBG, Madam NOI NEVER wore all traditional. She alternated with something different depending on her mission.

Again, you're saying stuff out of point, who's arguin whether anyone is disrespectful or not, I said, different occasion call for different attires. High profile professional gathering, more likely than not needs to be dressed appropriately. Well brother, inferiority can also be highlighted when someone is trying to over prove a statement when it's obvious. If you're not lost, you're probably thinking of something else... where you got the idea if wearing suit and tie in Nigeria is disrespectful, IDK
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Oluwaadajo(m): 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
dick hardener: how old are you? So I can save some energy.

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
WAS SHE DISRESPECTING THE OCCASION?

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES OF HER IN OYINBO CLOTHES

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
^^^

I'm sure you do, there's quite a good number out there
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 6:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

Mr NOI wore mostly traditional wears, like the name says ----

[size=16pt]THE WORLD BANK GROUP[/size], the group has 100+member countries.

I NEVER SAID wearing your attire is disrespectful, so please STOP forcing words on something I never said. Her tenure at 25+ years of consulting and mgmt of WBG, Madam NOI NEVER wore all traditional. She alternated with something different depending on her mission.

Again, you're saying stuff out of point, who's arguin whether anyone is disrespectful or not, I said, different occasion call for different attires. High profile professional gathering, more likely than not needs to be dressed appropriately. Well brother, inferiority can also be highlighted when someone is trying to over prove a statement when it's obvious. If you're not lost, you're probably thinking of something else... where you got the idea if wearing suit and tie in Nigeria is disrespectful, IDK
Guy stop squirming and beating about the bush are you saying that African clothes DO or DO NOT qualify as suitable for what you call "High profile professional gathering, more likely than not needs to be dressed appropriately"
THAT IS THE KOKO
Can appropriate dress for High profile professional gathering be AFRICAN yes or no
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 6:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
Wole Soyinka

Chinua Achebe

Nelson Mandela

Ojukwu

would know a thing or two about HIGH PROFILE>

They also like AFRICAN DRESS

Photo of Soyinka with other Nobel Laureates ,a HIGH PROFILE gathering in my view.
Please publish any photos of Achebe or Soyinka wearing a suit and tie if you have any

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dickhardener: 6:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life: ^^^

I'm sure you do, there's quite a good number out there
I envisaged a more intellectual standpoint from u,, but hey these are perhaps one of the epilectic seasons of your intelleligence quotient. No offense my friend
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 7:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0: Guy stop squirming and beating about the bush are you saying that African clothes DO or DO NOT qualify as suitable for what you call "High profile professional gathering, more likely than not needs to be dressed appropriately"
THAT IS THE KOKO
Can appropriate dress for High profile professional gathering be AFRICAN yes or no

Mr, STOP dancing aroungd and putting words into my mouth, I believe my stand is CLEAR.

YES, my stand is very clear. High profile professional gatherings should be limited to professional attire, obviously you should know what I mean by professional gathering, and not a casual visit. So to answer your question, NO.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by EkoIle1: 7:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ignorant and inferior low self esteem nigerians turned a good and promising topic into kolomental rubbish about fashion.

What other people like and admire about you is the very thing you hate about yourselves..... Smh.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 7:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
dick hardener: I envisaged a more intellectual standpoint from u,, but hey these are perhaps one of the epilectic seasons of your intelleligence quotient. No offense my friend

Haha, no offense taken. Even the so-called intellectuals do go have their mental breakdowns, how much me, a nobody?

Please, if yall have better argument, bring it up.

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Oluwaadajo(m): 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
dayokanu: Thats how Yorubas roll

Akintola and Ben Gurion below

Please compare like with like. Fashola looks nothing like this.

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by ypzilanti: 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
@Hollandis should seriously go and see a shrink to help her get rid of the inferiority complex that has eaten deep without her knowledge. I lived many years in the US, and CEOs of big corporations are highly respected and important people. Of course they don't move around with an entourage and fans like musicians and actors, but that is not the point. They have the circle where they are highly coveted as guest speakers at conventions, and the serious media (CNN, CNBC, and co.)stumble over each other to get interviews with them.

Google CEO is a big deal anywhere in this world. He just made headline news with a visit to North Korea and China last week. His visit means opportunity for expansion in Nigeria, and more business deals in billions of dollars. Perhaps you think that Chris Brown visit is of more significance? Don't you just hate people who speak rubbish with confidence?

It is highly appropriate for a government executive to wear his cultural attire while receiving a foreign dignitary. In fact, it is expected but not mandatory to wear your cultural attire. You are after-all in your house.

The only debate would be if you visited another head of state, but then it is still acceptable. Of course there are black tie events which imply you should wear a black tie, but that is about it.

How old are these people writing this rubbish. Your age range would help we older more worldly people understand the foolishness you are exhibiting.

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Grimlock: 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
...@babyosisi..nna wayi okorondima..where is the fashion sense in NOI always donning Ankara, Guinea Brocade plus Tie and Dye Batik..complete with Yoruba head gear..to international functions and her World Bank job..ahan!..too much bad blood has increased fluid pressure causing ya! Glaucoma...why not ponder why Eric refused to visit one of the states in the Biafran Empire..you know right..hehehe grin...the fear of kidnapping kidnappers in the *nzogbu-nzogbu enyimba eyin* region grin or listening to the clueless *ogogoro* guzzling Fisherman who would soon claim He brought google.com.ng to Nigeria...

Photospeaks: NOI with Gordon brown

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 7:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
All of you guys talking,

When you went for your first, second or third job interviews, how many of you wore African Attire? This is for those in Nigeria?

For those in Small business, when you went to an investors meeting seeking fund money, how many of you wore our beloved attire?

Why yall graduated from college, how many of yall work our African print?

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by RedLight1: 7:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
dick hardener: how old are you? So I can save some energy.
u really have to ignore those kids... there are many of them on nairaland.. they watch mtv europe and america and believe everything is about the white ... they go around calling themselves niggaz when they dont know what it means .... that's why u see them wearing head warmer and thick winter jacket in lagos hot sun (just to act like their european masters) .. their brains has been cooked by too much sun after wearing winter cloth in the summer..thats why they see anything white as Superior ...just ignore them. they will soon grow up

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by 9free(m): 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
Okija_juju: lol @ Standing fan
Energy conservation mumu.......
Cold dey tpwn and you expect him to on AC abi?
How many months now you owe PHCN? Try offset ur utility bills nwanna!

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Oluwaadajo(m): 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
Godogwu:

You guys must compare and criticize anything or everything Nigerians do. It not our fault that we are very fashion driven and because some people may not be worth a million naira doesn't mean they should dress like touts..... Please!!!! here's a bench \______ ( p.s Dangote is about $5 billion wealthier than Eric) smiley

Stolen money or money acquired through oppression and defrauding your countrymen does NOT count.

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
@Aribisalo,waoo,you are so on point,in a long time a very foolish and arrogant woman has been dammed,i just wonder,how can me a yoruba woman wear western style clothing to meet an european/Americana person,never.You've just showed Babyosis to drop her inferior colonialistic slavery nature.

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by pheesayor(m): 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
phantom:
stop being a fool! why must you keep embarrasing your 'old man'.... grin grin.do you realise lagos is the entry point into naija and a 'courtesy visit' is paid to the governor as such.get your head outta your 'stuff' abeg.... grin grin
I guess he's being sarcastic ni
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by baby124: 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
Red-Light:
u really have to ignore those kids... there are many of them on nairaland.. they watch mtv europe and america and believe everything is about the white ... they go around calling themselves niggaz when they dont know what it means .... that's why u see them wearing head warmer and thick winter jacket in lagos hot sun (just to act like their european masters) .. their brains has been cooked by too much sun after wearing winter cloth in the summer..thats why they see anything white as Superior ...just ignore them. they will soon grow up

ROTFLMAO. I have seen this. And at the same time i will be panting and sweating even in AC. Na wah! That heat can fry akara. I dont know how they just dont drop dead. Must be the water or polluted air.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by RedLight1: 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life: All of you guys talking,

When you went for your first, second or third job interviews, how many of you wore African Attire? This is for those in Nigeria?

For those in Small business, when you went to an investors meeting seeking fund money, how many of you wore our beloved attire?

how is this related .... was fashola looking for job under eric or what? for goodness this courtesy visit not some job interview.... haba angry

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dickhardener: 7:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

Haha, no offense taken. Even the so-called intellectuals do go have their mental breakdowns, how much me, a nobody?

Please, if yall have better argument, bring it up.
a bottle of champagne for u my friend

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by OmoTier1(m): 7:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
hollandis: and this is supposed to be a front page news...Nigeria is crap .If google chairman or whatever comes to my street .Who would give a shyte about him.Nigeria is really backward ,,just look at the replies here OMG plus SMH
your mumum don do
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by baby124: 7:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
Red-Light:
how is this related .... was fashola looking for job under eric or what? for goodness this courtesy visit not some job interview.... haba angry

The desperation to say any and everything is ridiculous. grin grin grin cheesy

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
Red-Light:

Why don't you ask those that are asking for my stand on African attire?

I was only trying to draw the relationship between different scenarios - there's professional, casual, contemporary, classic, cultural, styles etc. IMO, every occasion has it's own style.

I'm glad you said it was a courtesy visit... period, case closed.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dayokanu(m): 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
Obasanjo with Laura Bush

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 7:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
dick hardener: a bottle of champagne for u my friend

Ok, send it via FEDEX or UPS, will be waiting on the tracking #
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2013

Guy why must you talk ignorantly. Do you understand the difference between Formal and Professional. Fashola is a lawyer by profession. Surely you are not suggesting that at any formal occasion he dresses in Wig and Gown to be "professional". I know even you are not that dense.

So let us leave Professional dress as that will apply to fellow professional in an industry or field of work. In government especially international interfaces such as this the issue is whether it is a formal meeting or not. In Western dress formality is always signified by a tie. In Yoruba culture by a hat. You would not enter the presence of a king or other formal occasion hatless.The fact that Fashola did not wear a hat suggests HE considered the occasion informal.His guest may have dressed formally for one of many reasons which I don't care to speculate about.

If you work in a western company/multinational or other organization with a shirt and tie culture then you must conform but that should not make you change your consciousness. I know you cannot understand because you are NOT Yoruba. We who are are quite proud of it and not in a hurry to become Oyinbo clones

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Oluwaadajo(m): 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2013

I wonder o .

Hypocrites !

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by mimifonwon(f): 7:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
geeez: Rude boy Fashola. Doesn't this guy realize we have a sitting president in Nigeria? He didn't even visit his Minister of Science and Technology! shocked

for you info in most western leaders mind, especially those business men who want to do business in nigeria fashola is more important and more credible than the president, thats the truth.

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by EkoIle1: 7:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
Red-Light:

It is mind buggling ignorant and insane nonsense you read on NL. The saddest part I the fact that an adult made that shameful analogy.

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
Tells the whole story Names of Governors

No be today inferiority complex start some go by their colonial masters name others are proud of their native names

[size=18pt]SULLIVAN Chime, ROCHAS Okorocha, THEODORE Orji, PETER Obi, MARTIN Elechi

vs

BABATUNDE Fashola, IBIKUNLE Amosun, ABIOLA Ajimobi, KAYODE Fayemi, OLUSEGUN Mimiko[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari Signs Voluntary Offshore Assets Regularisation Scheme (VOARS) / Nigerians Pass A Vote Of No Confidence On INEC / Kogi Seals Dangote Cement Factory Over Tax Evasion, Debt (Pictures)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53