Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy (47866 Views)

18 Ways To Love Your Husband / 81 Ways To Win Your Husband's Love / Muslims! How Long Will You Be Searching Lail-al-qadr? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 1:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
mdsocks:

Perfect question...is the family the sole property of the husband?

Responsibilities that you need to dispense with love and respect and not bossing around.

Show where I said the above is not applicable.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji:
Finally, you are speaking my language.
Wow. Am I?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
fellis:
Wow. Am I?

Yup! Your explanation of the submission/kindness requirements is spot on.

Part of the reason that this debate has dragged on is because many of you have this image of 'Maclatunji, the Ogre with club in hand,' when you read my posts.

#LOL
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by BetaThings: 1:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji:
Finally, you are speaking my language.

She is not. She is in the red corner with Mdsocks

fellis: Good job mdsocks! Am impressed grin

But seriously why do we need to just argue about these matters without going to the fundamentals
The woman is to submit to the husband. That in itself places a lot of burden on the man
The man can only discharge this with empathy (what if she is my daughter?), sincerity (can I state my case without stuttering before Allah?) and fear of Allah
When a "stranger" is asked to submit to another "stranger", the one being submitted to carries a sacred trust

Meanwhile I am uncomfortable with the positions we typically take on matters like this
Male argue as if their dad are not men
Female argue as if their mom are not women

Above all, why do people who go to great lengths to convince their parents that their partner should be accepted now turn around to see the same partners as "men", "women". Do we value each other's opinion before marriage only to now seek same from third parties after marriage?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji:

Yup! Your explanation of the submission/kindness requirements is spot on.

Part of the reason that this debate has dragged on is because many of you have this image of[b] 'Maclatunji, the Ogre with club in hand,'[/b] when you read my posts.

#LOL

because you make it look like that.... tongue
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
My friend, I am not disputing your "husband authority" neither am I disputing that your will is subject to God but then surely you don't ask God for permission when you want to eat or sleep or type a comment on Nairaland. You do it because you want to do it. God allowed you to use your willpower to do what you wanted to do. I am sure that you don't believe that God is controlling all your actions and making a robot out of you.

The question I am asking you is simple. Does your love allow for your wife to sometimes make you do something you didn't want to do in the first place?
If it does, then sometimes you submit to your wife's will. If it doesn't, then explain to me what kind of love you have that doesn't allow your lover to influence your will

A man may make concessions to his wife not submission. Read Fellis response to you carefully.

As for being 'a robot', we don't call it that. It is called Taqwa (Consciousness of God and his rules). A Muslim is required to have this all of the time.

Islam is highly detailed, even to the point of having rules on how a man should be intimate with his wife.

Get used to it.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2013
BetaThings:

She is not. She is in the red corner with Mdsocks

But seriously why do we need to just argue about these matters without going to the fundamentals
The woman is to submit to the husband. That in itself places a lot of burden on the man
The man can only discharge this with empathy (what if she is my daughter?), sincerity (can I state my case without stuttering before Allah?) and fear of Allah
When a "stranger" is asked to submit to another "stranger", the one being submitted to carries a sacred trust

Meanwhile I am uncomfortable with the positions we typically take on matters like this
Male argue as if their dad are not men
Men female argue as if their mom are not women

Above all, why do people who go to great lengths to convince their parents that their partner should be accepted now turn around to see the same partners as "men", "women". Do we value each other's opinion before marriage only to now seek same from third parties after marriage?

LOL, I know what you mean but she has shifted her position from what she was arguing from the beginning.

fellis: Submission or to submit means to give in to a higher power or
authority. Giving in does not imply doing something willingly but rather, putting your personal preference aside for that of whoever
you are giving into.

She gets it and has admitted it, I can praise her for it.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji:

A man may make concessions to his wife not submission. Read Fellis response to you carefully.

As for being 'a robot', we don't call it that. It is called Taqwa (Consciousness of God and his rules). A Muslim is required to have this all of the time.

Islam is highly detailed, even to the point of having rules on how a man should be intimate with his wife.

Get used to it.
A man MUST make concessions to his wife in the course of their marriage. [size=2pt]A woman also makes concessions[/size] it is inevitable wink
What is the difference between concession and submission?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji:
LOL, I know what you mean but she has shifted her position from what she was arguing from the beginning.
She gets it and has admitted it, I can praise her for it.
I didn't change my position good sir. Maybe you did not understand my posts very well smiley.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by BetaThings: 2:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
fellis:
I didn't change my position good sir. Maybe you did not understand my posts very well smiley.

Why do you guys not speak clearly for us to understand? Men are supposed to read moods, decipher intention etc
That is not helpful for communication

fellis:
A man MUST make concessions to his wife in the course of their marriage. [size=2pt]A woman also makes concessions[/size] it is inevitable wink

I am convinced that all these arguments about how dictatorial men are are for show
Women have their way MOST of the time. They know how to "play" us. Lady Macbeth did it excellently
A man once jokingly defined crying as the process by which a man's will power is defeated by a woman's water power
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 20, 2013
BetaThings:

Why do you guys not speak clearly for us to understand? Men are supposed to read moods, decipher intention etc

I am convinced that all these arguments about how dictatorial men are are for show
Women have their way MOST of the time. They know how to "play" us. Lady Macbeth did it excellently
A man once jokingly defined crying as the process by which a man's will power is defeated by a woman's water power

Very funny
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
BetaThings:
Lol. I am not expecting anybody to read my mind. Calm down. And why do men like stereotyping women with silly behaviors like this?
Women have their way MOST of the time.
Women are not arguing just for show. Many husbands let their power get to their heads and end up treating their wives badly. This is something that happens in different marriages, it is not just made up stories.
If you give a person power and authority over another person, there is a great chance that the one with authority will abuse their power. Power corrupts. It takes a lot of self discipline for a person to have power over others and to not abuse that power and treat those under them unfairly.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
fellis:
Lol. I am not expecting anybody to read my mind. Calm down. And why do men like stereotyping women with silly behaviors like this?

Women are not arguing just for show. Many husbands let their power get to their heads and end up treating their wives badly. This is something that happens in different marriages, it is not just made up stories.
If you give a person power and authority over another person, there is a great chance that the one with authority will abuse their power. Power corrupts. It takes a lot of self discipline for a person to have power over others and to not abuse that power and treat those under them unfairly.

So because of that you women have become militant. I said it before now.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 3:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
fellis:

You did madam. That post reflects your true thoughts on the matter. Anything you say after that is just to make it look as if you are not losing a debate. Bethathings as hinted at this ladies: find yourself a good man for a husband and when you do, drop all of this your yanga.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
fellis:

Of course, a man will make concessions to his wife during the course of their marriage at his discretion. As for the difference between the two, check your dictionary.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji:
You did madam. That post reflects your true thoughts on the matter. Anything you say after that is just to make it look as if you are not losing a debate. Bethathings as hinted at this ladies: find yourself a good man for a husband and when you do, drop all of this your yanga.
If it makes you happy believing that I am on your side then go right ahead and believe it
maclatunji:
Of course, a man will make concessions to his wife during the course of their marriage at his discretion. As for the difference between the two, check your dictionary.
Maclatunji, the fact that women were told to submit to the will of men does not mean that men cannot submit to the will of women the same way that men were told to be kind to their wives does not mean that women should not be kind to husbands.
What if I told you that women can sometimes be kind to men at their own discretion? How would that sound?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 4:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
fellis:
Maclatunji, the fact that women were told to submit to the will of men does not mean that men cannot submit to the will of women the same way that men were told to be kind to their wives does not mean that women should not be kind to husbands.
What if I told you that women can sometimes be kind to men at their own discretion? How would that sound?

My dear, the two are not the same. A man will be questioned on how he managed his family starting from his wife. The wife will not be asked to render account regarding how she managed her husband. She will be asked how she managed herself in relation to him, for example, was she obedient to him or not?, his property under her custody and their children.

Equity prevails in this relationship not equality.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji:
My dear, the two are not the same. A man will be questioned on how he managed his family starting from his wife. The wife will not be asked to render account regarding how she managed her husband. She will be asked how she managed herself in relation to him, for example, was she obedient to him or not?, his property under her custody and their children.
Equity prevails in this relationship not equality.
Are you saying the wife is not under obligation to show kindness to her husband since she will not be asked how she managed her husband?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 4:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
fellis:
Are you saying the wife is not under obligation to show kindness to her husband since she will not be asked how she managed her husband?

Yes, she is obliged to show obedience not kindness.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 4:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji:
grin
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji:

Please stop it. Muslims are obliged to show kindness to each other, whether they are married or not.
Your unwillingness to admit that husbands should sometimes submit to the will of their wives is making you say silly things.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by bukatyne(f): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji:

Really?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
bukatyne: Really?

hehehe...mac...you just want us to know that the women have to submit to their husbands.

Let me give you a real life scenario here.

My mum was a career woman and was in active service when due to my dad's job which involved traveling around so often he needed someone closer to the kids for proper guidance and upbringing.

My dad brought this issue to my mum and they both listed out the best options which was that my mum resign from her place of work and forsake her career because of us the kids(NB: Not like she wasn't taking good care of us but he wanted closer monitoring like checking of assignments, helping with homework, picking them from school which my mum's work kinda prevented).

My mum after deliberations knew this to be the best option after due consultation she resigned and today we all know the results of this which is that we the kids are better for it. No where did my dad "order" or "command" my mum to leave her job but they both deliberated and everyone was happy with the end result. that's what you get when you respect your wife as a being and consult her on issues.

And you brought the issue of management principles. How do you achieve your goals in a work environment? Ain't it through team work and cooperation. Show me a good manager and I would show you someone who deliberates with his team members both small and big on what to do and how to achieve a goal and not someone who barks orders because he has the authority to do so. People tend to work harder when they feel they are part of the process and thus gaining you more success. Same way with marriages too bro.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
fellis:
Please stop it. Muslims are obliged to show kindness to each other, whether they are married or not.
Your unwillingness to admit that husbands should sometimes submit to the will of their wives is making you say silly things.

If it is a general rule that Muslims should treat everyone with kindness, why would you seek to portray a woman's legislated obedience to her husband as being dependent/tied/subservient to his being kind to her? It is not logical.

You are beginning to show all the traits that one who seeks to fight God's natural order of things will face- anger and frustration.

I can quote the Qur'an, hadith even management texts to back my claims, what do you have?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 6:15pm On Feb 20, 2013
mdsocks:

hehehe...mac...you just want us to know that the women have to submit to their husbands.

Let me give you a real life scenario here.

My mum was a career woman and was in active service when due to my dad's job which involved traveling around so often he needed someone closer to the kids for proper guidance and upbringing.

My dad brought this issue to my mum and they both listed out the best options which was that my mum resign from her place of work and forsake her career because of us the kids(NB: Not like she wasn't taking good care of us but he wanted closer monitoring like checking of assignments, helping with homework, picking them from school which my mum's work kinda prevented).

My mum after deliberations knew this to be the best option after due consultation she resigned and today we all know the results of this which is that we the kids are better for it. No where did my dad "order" or "command" my mum to leave her job but they both deliberated and everyone was happy with the end result. that's what you get when you respect your wife as a being and consult her on issues.

And you brought the issue of management principles. How do you achieve your goals in a work environment? Ain't it through team work and cooperation. Show me a good manager and I would show you someone who deliberates with his team members both small and big on what to do and how to achieve a goal and not someone who barks orders because he has the authority to do so. People tend to work harder when they feel they are part of the process and thus gaining you more success. Same way with marriages too bro.

Beautiful story, where is my tissue? I can also tell you of how out of 10 groups in my final year at school, it was only in my group that a woman was encouraged and allowed by moi to present the seminar paper when everybody else thought that I would do it.

Question: How does all of that negate the fact that Islam demands obedience of women to their husbands?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji:
If it is a general rule that Muslims should treat everyone with kindness, why would you seek to portray a woman's legislated obedience to her husband as being dependent/tied/subservient to his being kind to her? It is not logical.
I didn't say anything was tied to anything. What I said was that the fact that women are told to submit to husbands' will doesn't mean that the man cannot submit to the wife's will, just as men showing kindness to their wives doesn't mean that women shouldn't be kind to their husbands.
You said that you will sometimes make concessions to your wife abi? I guess the times you will make conbcessions are those times that both of you have deluberated and decided that her way is best for the marriage. In that same way, a woman makes concession to her husband when both of them have deliberated and found that the husband's way is best for the marriage. Both parties submit to each other's will as occaision demands.
By the way concession and submission mean the same thing.
CONCESSION
con·ces·sion [kən sésh'n]
(plural con·ces·sions)
noun
1. reluctant yielding: an act or an example of conceding, yielding, or compromising in some way, often grudgingly or unwillingly
2. something unwillingly admitted: something acknowledged or admitted, even if unwillingly or grudgingly
SUBMIT
sub·mit [səb mít]
(past and past participle sub·mit·ted, present participle sub·mit·ting, 3rd person present singular sub·mits)
verb
1. intransitive verb yield: to accept somebody else's authority or will, especially reluctantly or under pressure
2. intransitive verb agree: to agree to undergo something

You are beginning to show all the traits that one who seeks to fight God's natural order of things will face- anger and frustration.
I'm angry and frustrated?
Wow.
And here I was thinking that I am still calm and unbothered.
I better go and drink one glass of ice water to calm my anger down. Thanks for the accurate detection of my mood mac! Now I truly know how I feel.
I can quote the Qur'an, hadith even management texts to back my claims, what do you have?
Hadiths also talk about the leader putting his followers' welfare before his own right? How is that going to happen when the husband thinks he is never supposed to submit to his wife's will at any point in time?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 6:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
^Putting welfare into heart implies that the authority lies with you in the first place.

Submission implies followership. Your husband submitting to wife theory has no basis in Islam. If you insist it does bring proof.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji: ^Putting welfare into heart implies that the authority lies with you in the first place.
Submission implies followership. Your husband submitting to wife theory has no basis in Islam. If you insist it does bring proof.

First of all, Islam says the husband is the head of the house. I didn't argue that.
What I said was that you as the husband will have to submit to what your wife wants during the course of the marriage.
The man being the head does not mean that he would not be obliged to concede or submit to his wife's wants at any point in time.
He will do it.
That is inevitable.

Most of the time, the wife's ideas for the marriage will be better than that of the husband's. What happens in that case? Does the husband go ahead and stick with what he wants even when he knows that her suggestion is better than his?
Wouldn't it be wiser for him to concede or submit to what she wants since she has the better plans for the marriage?Women are told to submit to men and men are told to be kind to women, fine. That doesn't mean that there can never be any submission on the part of the man or that there can never be any kindness on the part of the woman.
There are different Hadith and Qur'anic verses that talk about living with each other in justice and doing right.
Part of doing right is leaving your own desires or wants for that of another person in order to foster progress and betterment of the well being of Muslims.

You have admitted that you will have to concede to what your wife wants most of the time so why are you now changing your stance? Or maybe your understanding of what submission is is different from mine. If you don't mind, you can tell me what you understand submission to mean in your next post.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
fellis:

First of all, Islam says the husband is the head of the house. I didn't argue that.
What I said was that you as the husband will have to submit to what your wife wants during the course of the marriage.
The man being the head does not mean that he would not be obliged to concede or submit to his wife's wants at any point in time.
He will do it.
That is inevitable.

Most of the time, the wife's ideas for the marriage will be better than that of the husband's. What happens in that case? Does the husband go ahead and stick with what he wants even when he knows that her suggestion is better than his?
Wouldn't it be wiser for him to concede or submit to what she wants since she has the better plans for the marriage?Women are told to submit to men and men are told to be kind to women, fine. That doesn't mean that there can never be any submission on the part of the man or that there can never be any kindness on the part of the woman.
There are different Hadith and Qur'anic verses that talk about living with each other in justice and doing right.
Part of doing right is leaving your own desires or wants for that of another person in order to foster progress and betterment of the well being of Muslims.

You have admitted that you will have to concede to what your wife wants most of the time so why are you now changing your stance? Or maybe your understanding of what submission is is different from mine. If you don't mind, you can tell me what you understand submission to mean in your next post.

I agree with most of what you typed there but where we differ is your subtle attempt to equate what is legislated in the Qur'an as submission of the wife to the discretionary concession of a man to his wife or even children.

When I say concession, this is what I mean:

1. compromise, agreement, settlement,
accommodation, adjustment, trade-off, give-
and-take, half measures Britain has made
sweeping concessions to China in order to
reach a settlement.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji:
I agree with most of what you typed there but where we differ is your subtle attempt to equate what is legislated in the Qur'an as submission to the discretionary concession to his wife or even children.
When I say concession, this is what I mean:
1. compromise, agreement, settlement,
accommodation, adjustment, trade-off, give-
and-take, half measures Britain has made
sweeping concessions to China in order to
reach a settlement.

So what do you mean when you say 'Submission'?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
fellis:

So what do you mean when you say 'Submission'?

1. intransitive verb yield: to accept somebody
else's authority or will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article / One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel / When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.