Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? - Romance (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? (48036 Views)

Ladies, Would You Cook And Do House Chores For Your Bf/fiancé Before Marriage?? / If You're A Lady, Do You Like Being Called "Baby"? / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by miss20(f): 9:47am On Feb 21, 2013
@idowu...I dunno y sumhow I feel I shuld apologise to u so my apologies plzzz.its nt nice making enemies with pple u don't knw.bt u sure r very insultive though.wateva sha

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by jamesbridget13(f): 9:58am On Feb 21, 2013
I dont care what pple say n i dont care what they feel about d whole thing, i can help out my bf anytime, anyday, it ll cost me nothing. Imagine i get to ma bf house n he is washing n i just sit n watch tv! Come on, am gonna do d washing while he does d rinsing or vice versa n everything ll be quick*winks*
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by kandiikane(m): 9:59am On Feb 21, 2013
miss20: @idowu...I dunno y sumhow I feel I shuld apologise to u so my apologies plzzz.its nt nice making enemies with pple u don't knw.bt u sure r very insultive though.wateva sha

You dey apologise because she don do juju for your head. That girl na yabaleft patient. Nobody messes with people like that. tongue

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by maxygirl(f): 10:01am On Feb 21, 2013
Jenams: oh shut it! Am sure u r between 20-23! Girls of dis age r so arrogant n disrespecful! I try to avoid them as much as possible. Dis ur idea abt doin chores for ur man will delay ur marriage, u wan bet am?

Am sure you are like 18. Guys within this age are so keen on respect.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:03am On Feb 21, 2013
miss20: @idowu...I dunno y sumhow I feel I shuld apologise to u so my apologies plzzz.its nt nice making enemies with pple u don't knw.bt u sure r very insultive though.wateva sha
Aww.... Na u cause am nau.. U hurt my feelings

Anyways..apology accepted!

{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by kandiikane(m): 10:04am On Feb 21, 2013
Jenams: oh shut it! Am sure u r between 20-23! Girls of dis age r so arrogant n disrespecful! I try to avoid them as much as possible. Dis ur idea abt doin chores for ur man will delay ur marriage, u wan bet am?
You shut up! I guess you did not have a mother growing up.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by maxygirl(f): 10:05am On Feb 21, 2013
kandiikane:
You shut up! I guess you did not have a mother growing up.

Thanks Dear. He has no respect at all.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:06am On Feb 21, 2013
kandiikane:

You dey apologise because she don do juju for your head. That girl na yabaleft patient. Nobody messes with people like that. tongue
F00lish gal! grin grin grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by herney: 10:12am On Feb 21, 2013
Hello guys, there's really no biggie helping him with some housechores 'when' you are around as you wouldnt be all the time. Its part of making the little moment spent with him count.
Sure you wouldnt want to eat out when paying a visit as this is not a date. Sure you wouldnt stand and use his bathroom/ house lik that when you know it needs cleaning. At most you do them together.
As for me o, i plan visiting him in his new house and a new location and i'll spoil him die. Help with some delicious meal, organise and arrange his house, do some cleaning and go shopping for his house as he's waiting for me so we can get some things for the house. Bet me he'll crave to have more of such and nobody 'll tell him wat next to do cos he wouldnt get that from me always except we are married.
More importantly, i will do this cos i know he loves me and we are heading somewhere.
Ladies, pls be willing to learn and know your man.
Peace!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by excellentmoda: 10:27am On Feb 21, 2013
Idowuogbo:
In 2013, y'all still get dis kian mentality? Wots d biggie about sweeping, washing and cooking? I mean for Godsake, dose are d qualities a guy who wants to settle down would probably be on d look out for. All dis shakara dey ruin cv o! U were warned o! Hian! Smh.
keep her in ur house even b4 marriage, dnt let her leave so as to discover more dn the housechoregirl u want
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Oahray: 10:42am On Feb 21, 2013
Una gree leave this thread? grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by bukatyne(f): 10:43am On Feb 21, 2013
190:

and why shouldnt she do the chores for her man!!
do you know how many other women out there are DYING to do those chores

Kmt, if she cant do it, then make she carry her body go one side and let those girls
who are ready to WORK and KEEP A MAN WORK and KEEP A MAN undecided

Ladies take your MAN for granted! and another woman declares him WANTED
It's mentality like this that most people are against. IT IS NOT COMPULSORY for a woman to do all that for her man. She does it OUT of love and not a must. DON'T SEE IT AS YOUR BIRTH RIGHT. By the way, while she's doing these wifey things, what husband stuffs are you doing for her?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by 2baga(m): 10:52am On Feb 21, 2013
2buff: Na only Idowuogbo dey make sense for here.

If you visit your guy and chill, you dey tell me say you no go at all at all enter kitchen one daay cook for una 2?
All these tolo-tolo girls today sef. Dem too dey fall hand undecided

Somebody there was talking about "token". All the toasting, and things he does out of love for you at his own expense, don't you think he can decide to "not play role of husband before marriage" too? When he fails to do that, of course we will then see aanother thread on nairaland about how your guy no dey show you love again. undecided

On point all da way
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ojiefi: 11:05am On Feb 21, 2013
its not laziness, its knowing what to do and wen to do it. if you visit your man and meet him doing stuff, you can help out but to assign yoself that duty is uncalled for. afterall guys label ladies that do that as desperate. let every woman know her worth and know what is right per time, chikena!!!
2buff:

Aand here we go.

Just because you don't want to say you are too lazy to do something you have just decided to attach to the worst possible scenario to give a reason to your laziness and lack of care for the guy you claim to love.

Who said anything about 7 days a week?
You just added that one to the argument to give yourself a stand on your predisposed platform of laziness.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ochallo: 11:18am On Feb 21, 2013
here are way in which your wife/girlfriend would be different from your mother

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/02/the-common-differences-between-wives.html
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by finditng: 11:34am On Feb 21, 2013
Guyz caused all this nonsence..am a young guy...i do my laundry, have a washing machine, I stock up from shoprite and do my cooking for the week @ weekends and store in my freezer simply microwave for breakfast etc..any tym my babe comes around, she sees nothing to do...am very fine without her help....you'll see her looking for what to help with....she knows any tym i bounce her, the oda babe will enjoy without Stress...so she gives herself brain..it's a privilege if you get to do my chores...see them all over the thread yarning dust lyk chores na big deal.....boiz dey suffer sha....thnx for my momma....she raised me well and complete.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by bukatyne(f): 11:58am On Feb 21, 2013
ochallo: here are way in which your wife/girlfriend would be different from your mother

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/02/the-common-differences-between-wives.html
I read it and it's avery beautiful piece. I wanted to comment but I was directed to create a blog.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by tunapawizzy: 12:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
IF A LADY DOES NOT DO IT ANOTHER LADY WILL GLADLY DO IT.....
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by bukatyne(f): 12:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
The problem which was reinforced with this thread is that a lot of people don't know what marriage means. Imagine guys saying 'if you don't do A B C, I will replace you with a willing 1000 and 1 girls begging outside' It shows the guy doesn't know what it means and that's why marriage crumbles daily.

The moment you feel your partner is replaceable with a click of your fingers, please don't marry her because you will replace her one day.

I am not saying girls shouldn't reciprocate the guy's love because they are 'irreplaceable', but men should get to a point they say 'i want to live the rest of my live with YOU and YOU ALONE!'; 'We have the same vision and we would help each other to achieve it'; 'Being with you gives me the strength to carry on daily'; 'With the few times we have spent together, you have added value to my life' etc.

How can a man tell me that 'if you leave, another girl would walk in bla bla bla?' He is telling me that I don't add value to his life. He is telling me that I'm not special to him. He's telling me that he doesn't have any drive or desire to be with me for the rest of his life. Why then is he in the relationship? What is motivating him to be with me daily; since I'm not worth it? This is reason enough for me to quit a relationship and look for a man who would value me and feel my presence in his life.

When I am referring to a man's love, I'm not talking of BB, Brazillian hair, club and Mr. Biggs; I referring to a man who knows you well enough to know your dreams, desires and support them; a man that loves you enough to merge your visions with his; a man that is a solid support in times of problems; a man you can lean on and cry when sad; a man that is your greatest fan and support; a man whose warm embrace makes you forget all your worries in the world.

It's well.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
1000000 likes smiley
bukatyne: The problem which was reinforced with this thread is that a lot of people don't know what marriage means. Imagine guys saying 'if you don't do A B C, I will replace you with a willing 1000 and 1 girls begging outside' It shows the guy doesn't know what it means and that's why marriage crumbles daily. The moment you feel your partner is replaceable with a click of your fingers, please don't marry her because you will replace her one day. I am not saying girls shouldn't reciprocate the guy's love because they are 'irreplaceable', but men should get to a point they say 'i want to live the rest of my live with YOU and YOU ALONE!'; 'We have the same vision and we would help each other to achieve it'; 'Being with you gives me the strength to carry on daily'; 'With the few times we have spent together, you have added value to my life' etc. How can a man tell me that 'if you leave, another girl would walk in bla bla bla?' He is telling me that I don't add value to his life. He is telling me that I'm not special to him. He's telling me that he doesn't have any drive or desire to be with me for the rest of his life. Why then is he in the relationship? What is motivating him to be with me daily; since I'm not worth it? This is reason enough for me to quit a relationship and look for a man who would value me and feel my presence in his life. When I am referring to a man's love, I'm not talking of BB, Brazillian hair, club and Mr. Biggs; I referring to a man who knows you well enough to know your dreams, desires and support them; a man that loves you enough to merge your visions with his; a man that is a solid support in times of problems; a man you can lean on and cry when sad; a man that is your greatest fan and support; a man whose warm embrace makes you forget all your worries in the world. It's well.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by sucezTP(f): 12:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
Idowuogbo:
In 2013, y'all still get dis kian mentality? Wots d biggie about sweeping, washing and cooking? I mean for Godsake, dose are d qualities a guy who wants to settle down would probably be on d look out for. All dis shakara dey ruin cv o! U were warned o! Hian! Smh.

Infact, this comment is enough for me!

Han han! Gbogbo won de n soro..kini big deal gan sef!

I work from morning till dawn in my house and nothing will stop me from doing same thing when with my man!
The fact that i do those things for him doesn't mean he's a lazy being! I feel so empty whenever i'm not doing what i know i should do when with him and that doesn't mean i'm a house girl..
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by sharpman1(m): 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
bukatyne: The problem which was reinforced with this thread is that a lot of people don't know what marriage means. Imagine guys saying 'if you don't do A B C, I will replace you with a willing 1000 and 1 girls begging outside' It shows the guy doesn't know what it means and that's why marriage crumbles daily. The moment you feel your partner is replaceable with a click of your fingers, please don't marry her because you will replace her one day. I am not saying girls shouldn't reciprocate the guy's love because they are 'irreplaceable', but men should get to a point they say 'i want to live the rest of my live with YOU and YOU ALONE!'; 'We have the same vision and we would help each other to achieve it'; 'Being with you gives me the strength to carry on daily'; 'With the few times we have spent together, you have added value to my life' etc. How can a man tell me that 'if you leave, another girl would walk in bla bla bla?' He is telling me that I don't add value to his life. He is telling me that I'm not special to him. He's telling me that he doesn't have any drive or desire to be with me for the rest of his life. Why then is he in the relationship? What is motivating him to be with me daily; since I'm not worth it? This is reason enough for me to quit a relationship and look for a man who would value me and feel my presence in his life. When I am referring to a man's love, I'm not talking of BB, Brazillian hair, club and Mr. Biggs; I referring to a man who knows you well enough to know your dreams, desires and support them; a man that loves you enough to merge your visions with his; a man that is a solid support in times of problems; a man you can lean on and cry when sad; a man that is your greatest fan and support; a man whose warm embrace makes you forget all your worries in the world. It's well.

If you know what marriage means......then you won't have issues doing chores for the man you want to marry.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by bukatyne(f): 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
sharp man:

If you know what marriage means......then you won't have issues doing chores for the man you want to marry.
Mr Sharp Man, learn to cool down sometimes. I never said a woman should/shouldn't do chores. I was not even talking about women in that post, i was talking about men. If you had read the thread from the beginning, you would have seen my earlier comments to women.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caseless: 1:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
binger: I thought u dumped him? Too bad u made a hasty decision.
hmmm.........it was that corp that lured her away. I'm sure it is temporary sha, cos wen him finish service and allawee nor de come again, him go stop to de chase her.

Na dat #19000 him carry win her.......
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
caseless: hmmm.........it was that corp that lured her away. I'm sure it is temporary sha, cos wen him finish service and allawee nor de come again, him go stop to de chase her.

hahaha! I hope 4 ur sake that you're correct. How is life treating you?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caseless: 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2013
Caracta:
Doya means "yam" in Hausa. Smh for you. Oh...i miss Caseless.

*sobs*
hmmmmm.........ba kin koreni ba...
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2013
caseless: hmmm.........it was that corp that lured her away. I'm sure it is temporary sha, cos wen him finish service and allawee nor de come again, him go stop to de chase her.

Jeeeeez! Caseless? Like seriously? I'll sooo break your head! What the....? Oh no!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2013
nbright: Kose (akara) Doya (yam)...
okay...thanks for making it clear
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
caseless: hmmmmm.........ba kin koreni ba...
@Caracta,answer him. U were caught. tongue
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
caseless: hmmmmm.........ba kin koreni ba...
Oh please, don't talk to me. Are you the only caseless in the world? I was referring to a musician in my street tongue
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caseless: 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
binger: hahaha! I hope 4 ur sake that you're correct. How is life treating you?
men, life has been laterally undulating and, smooth to some extent.

Have u seen caracta today?

When u see her, do tell her i asked.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caseless: 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2013
Caracta:
Oh please, don't talk to me. Are you the only caseless in the world? I was referring to a musician in my street tongue
"never leave ur partner, especially in a fire"
*kisses her*

U de make me laff for here...which musician for ur street.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Man Who Dumped His Ex To Marry Another, Begs Her, But See Her Reply (Pics) / 26-year-old Man Brags About His 57-year-old Girlfriend On Facebook (photos) / Infidelity: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Exchange Their Wives As Settlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.