Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others (31815 Views)

Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Jonathan, Alamieyeseigha, Others To Attend Dickson’s Declaration / Alamieyeseigha, Others To Get State Pardon Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ANYPEN(m): 11:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
why wont people kill in the name of terrorism? why wont people Kidnap and steal in the name of corruption. to be candid, these things pay in a place like this. May God fight this fight for Nigerians that has gotten their lives and livelihood cut shot as a result of this man's (GEJ) deeds and misdeeds.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by sweetgala(m): 12:00am On Mar 13, 2013
ifihearam:

Next time please leave politics for men and always visit the romance section because the only thing useful in your brain is how to get a boyfriend,I will not stoop so low into having a discussion politically with a brainless baset like yours,please find something better to do because you are obviously a daft and its "future" not feature. Ode buruku

Thanks you for pointing out a clear error I missed . How can I be "a daft"?.
Like many of NL users I am mobile and typed that rather rapidly on my phone which has auto correction turned on. However it can make a mess due to its next word prediction sometimes.
The only person getting overly emotional here is you, I have neither descended to fits of abuse and ravenous stupidity as you have displayed.
I merely stated my opinion with respect to yours. Please as an adult adjust your common etiquette and mannerism.
Have a good evening.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by PENMIGHT(m): 12:00am On Mar 13, 2013
Council of State or No council of state, a leader must not be a scalar quantity without a defined moral path. Why is he then a leader if he can decide to agree to sink the ship he captains. Besides, it is highly debatable that the content and details of this shady deal truly reflect the the mindset of all there present. Corruption is worst than killing! Alamaseigh is not a mate to a dead coup plotter. This pardon is a total betrayer of the Niger Deltans, Nigerians,the british and the world as a whole. WON'T IT BE BETTER IF WE PRIVATISE THIS FG. MAYBE GIVE TO THE CHINESE TO RUN FOR FEW YEARS TILL GOD END THE MISS-RULE OF OUR CORRUPT LEADERs.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by PENMIGHT(m): 12:01am On Mar 13, 2013
The council of all the states in me will not pardon Jonathan in advance! Let him know that!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 13, 2013
ifihearam: If former presidents,vice president including the current president,vice,senate president,speaker and CJ unanimously agreed then there is nothing wrong .

By the same token if former presidents,vice president including the current president,vice,senate president,speaker and CJ unanimously agree that all the money in the federation account should be paid into GEJ's account and that anybody who objects to it should be shot dead then there is also nothing wrong with that?

If not where do you come off talking like that?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by sweetgala(m): 12:07am On Mar 13, 2013
4 Play:

It's clear most of you are paid political agents here as it's not clear why you are making this clumsy distinction between thieves. They have a clear constitutional right to be consulted on each pardon and with that they can unequivocally signal their objection to a pardon. There's no evidence that any member of the council expressed their objection. The requirement of consultation will be redundant if the process is a fait accompli once the President proposes names for pardon.

You make it seem as though Nigeria is a model for correct governance and protocol. We might well in the future be made aware of certain individuals who might have raised concerns.
Also it appears to me redundant individuals were invited. I fail to see the most internationally respected Nigerian president and a very vocal individual Obasonjo present in such a meeting!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Reptyle(m): 12:09am On Mar 13, 2013
sweet_gala:

Thanks you for pointing out a clear error I missed . How can I be "a daft"?.
Like many of NL users I am mobile and typed that rather rapidly on my phone which has auto correction turned on. However it can make a mess due to its next word prediction sometimes.
The only person getting overly emotional here is you, I have neither descended to fits of abuse and ravenous stupidity as you have displayed.
I merely stated my opinion in respect to yours. Please as an adult adjust your common etiquette and mannerism.
Have a good evening.

Please pardon him and show him some compassion. He can't help himself.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by chreldb(m): 12:14am On Mar 13, 2013
Gbawe.:

Bottom line is that this man realises 2015 is impossible for him unless he puts "his people" everywhere he feels opposition may arise to his ambition. Futile tactics but how can that be made clear to a crude opportunist promoted far above his station and determined to 'sit tight'? Anenih, Tukur are 'resurrected' and so too will be the case for Alamco.

My thoughts exactly. In addition to all you have said, it is obvious that GEJ intends on retaining power in 2015 by rigging. Because as it stands now he knows that he can never return in a free and fair election. So he is building up a network of corrupt individuals who can deliver his unscrupulous quest.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 13, 2013
Blackwind:

By the same token if former presidents,vice president including the current president,vice,senate president,speaker and CJ unanimously agree that all the money in the federation account should be paid into GEJ's account and that anybody who objects to it should be shot dead then there is also nothing wrong with that?

why are u wasting ur good manners on that boy(Ifihearam) he's a cra.zy ba.stard.....he's one of the 40laptop beneficiary.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by mkoabiola: 12:16am On Mar 13, 2013
It wasn't GEJ dat unlaterally grant dem state pardon ,it was agreed by d council of state which included former president ,y lamblasting GEJ.get it right.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by nep2ra(m): 12:20am On Mar 13, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin

I agree with some other commentators. This action is primarily geared toward 2015. With Anenih and Alamieyeseigha in GEJ's camp, the APC could as well forget about winning any SS or SE state.

A daft political move if you ask me. How relevant are these two goons in the political arena in the current scheme of things? They have outlived their usefulness and like discarded garbage, are only waiting next in line to be eternally incinerated.
What amuses me to the point of laughter is how politically savvy and astute GEJ thinks he is. His latest moves, especially this one, only paints the picture of a man who is desperate and willing to do anything, however stupid, to cling to power. You can smell his fear a mile off.
2015 is going to be a very tough one for PDP. It's reached it last stage of evolution. So it's only behaving true to type of an endangered specie clutching to every last straw to save itself.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by dvee2: 12:21am On Mar 13, 2013
4 Play: The first 2 pages of this thread is hilarious. Anyone who's sensible knows Nigerian politicians of all shades are thieves. Yet, selectively blind posters are blaming GEJ solely for a decision reportedly approved by politicians belonging to all the major parties.

Because you know the decision is bad,now its a collective decision abi? first accept its a bad decision before we tell u who is responsible and where the final buck stop. Fool thats why they call him the commander in chief,thats why he doesnt need a council of state meeting to declare no amnesty for boko haram, thatswhy he is the president.must u defend every daft decision?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by kennydee05(m): 12:41am On Mar 13, 2013
What of the former IG Tafa Balogun?
Just dey watch them, they will turn it to annual festival in Naija now.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Almustee(m): 12:50am On Mar 13, 2013
What of Almustapha
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Symphony007: 12:53am On Mar 13, 2013
Before this padon was annouced where do you think alameshia was? Langushing in kiri kiri prison? He has been a free man since, no one asked anything about him but now because the presidency is openely padoning him, some fools here are feining outrage. Obasanjo's buddies victor attah, peter odili, achike udenwa and many others are all at large today enjoying their loot which dwarfs whatever this man took from a state whoes riches cannot be compared to the guys state mentioned above. But because he fell out with the God father and was purnished. Where is the outrage from you guys against the fat cats who stole more than this man ever taught to but where loyal to the godfather. Alams is the scapegoat. The gift that keeps on giving.....nigeria has an incredibly long way to go!

2 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by sweetgala(m): 12:56am On Mar 13, 2013
JideJamez: why are u wasting ur good manners on that boy(Ifihearam) he's a cra.zy ba.stard.....he's one of the 40laptop beneficiary.
I would like to believe I am not the subject you referred to .
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by peruso: 1:14am On Mar 13, 2013
I can't believe that after this kinda thing we could still boldly have some lappy 40 guys.... Or what ever name they go by now

SMH. FOR MY BELOVED COUNTRY
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by peruso: 1:21am On Mar 13, 2013
I'm ashamed to say that this is what WE the pple of the south gave to THIS GREAT COUNTRY.

IM SOOOOOOOOOOO PAINED
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by manmade(m): 1:35am On Mar 13, 2013
Blackwind:

. This is a very wrong comparison. The constitution did not provides for the above action, if it does as is the case in the action taken by the C of S in accordance with section 175 of CFRN 1999 as Amended then it would have been a lawful action and no reasonably man will have a legal ground to challenge it,afterall GEJ is not the Author of CFRN 1999
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by 3kay945(m): 1:41am On Mar 13, 2013
When I made this year resolutions to stop calling the president clueless and retardeen i knew he grin won't stop behaving like one.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by manmade(m): 1:54am On Mar 13, 2013
sweet_gala:

It wasn't approved by them, they have neither power nor privileges to approve such.
They were obviously there to discuss other issues GEJ just intentionally used the gathering to paint a picture of elder statesman making decisions.
Which of them in attendance is a sitting president? Is it not GEJ who claimed DSP Alams is his "mentor".
God forgive you, not sure you want a future for your children. angry
Who is this bagga with Nokia 3310 that is behaving as if he was @ the meeting when the decision was reached,chei! Some people sha!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by 3kay945(m): 1:55am On Mar 13, 2013
mko abiola: It wasn't GEJ dat unlaterally grant dem state pardon ,it was agreed by d council of state which included former president ,y lamblasting GEJ.get it right.

D.i.ckhead, the president has the final say that is why he's called commander in chief and a president.Am very sure the idea is solely sponsored by him.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Ferdinandu(m): 1:59am On Mar 13, 2013
oh! my God the air is sooooooooooooo freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh that i cannot get enough of it mmmmmmmmhhhhhhhh
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by manmade(m): 2:01am On Mar 13, 2013
3kay945: When I made this year resolutions to stop calling the president clueless and retardeen i knew he grin won't stop behaving like one.
let me quickly add that u are the GREATEST Clueless and Retardeen on Nairaland for blaming GEJ for a lawful and unanimous decision of council of state.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by murtalaa(m): 2:28am On Mar 13, 2013
[size=320pt]Fresh Air[/size]
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by manmade(m): 2:40am On Mar 13, 2013
Jenny: For all those like 4Play making excuses that the council of state were the ones responsible for this, please refer to the relevant part of the constitution below

Please note that the it repeatedly states "THE PRESIDENT" and places responsibility for initiating the process on "THE PRESIDENT".

A PARDON DOES NOT COME FROM THE COUNCIL OF STATE. A PARDON COMES FROM THE PRESIDENT.

Please stop making excuses for Good luck Jonathan. He is responsible for this.

Looking at the Council of State meeting, you will see that only the YES-MEN former Presidents with no backbone - Shaker, Go won, Shone - attended the meeting.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/124341-jonathan-pardons-ex-convicts-alamieyeisegha-bulama-others.html

Please stop making foolish excuses for Mr. Good luck Jonathan. This is his doing and his only.
Thank God u are not a lawyer, u would've be a very bad one with poor judgement meanwhile get a Dico and look up the word\phrase;" SHALL" and " IN ACCORDANCE WITH" and go back to S. 175 subsections 2 and 3 of CRFN 1999 as Amended to see how the words operate there. After that, u don't need to come back to apologise to the Nairalanders. We have Pardoned ur
IGNORANCE
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by manmade(m): 2:52am On Mar 13, 2013
3kay945:

D.i.ckhead, the president has the final say that is why he's called commander in chief and a president.Am very sure the idea is solely sponsored by him.
obviously u don't know the meaning of C in C in a democractic setting. Pls try to upgrade ur knowledge.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by murtalaa(m): 2:54am On Mar 13, 2013
[size=20pt]Fresh Air[/size]

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 13, 2013
Were these guys locked up in prison before ?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by waja(m): 3:32am On Mar 13, 2013
Monimatic: Breaking News: Council Of State Grants Diya,Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha Pardon

Former Chief of General Staff, Oladipo Diya and Former Chief of Staff Supremem Military Concil, and brother of the late President, Major General Shehu Musa Yar'adua received a State Pardon from the National Council of State, this afternoon, a source who attended the meeting has revealed to NaijaPundit.

Also pardoned were ex-Major Bello Magaji NA/6604, Mohammed Lima Biu, Shettima Bulama, Former Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha, Major Geeneral Abdulkareem Adisa (Post Humous) and Major Segun Fadipe.

while Alamieyeseigha was considered because apart from serving his sentence he has devoted his life to travelling amongst Niger Delta communities facilitating the peace.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/breaking-news-council-of-state-grants-diya-bulama-yar-adua-pardon
. Alamaisegha is the man behind the mask.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ddeola: 4:15am On Mar 13, 2013
As far as am concerned,all this could have been avoided. I just hope Nigerians have learnt their lessons "NEVER AGAIN" to vote unserious elements into any office no matter the origin,tribe,religion,or due to sentiments. What impact does this decision make on the Nigerian economy and Nigerians?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by VoodooDoll(m): 4:26am On Mar 13, 2013
GEJ, always in a haste to disgrace himself and embarrass the nation but slow to implement any progressive or positive policies.

At this pace this clown is going to reap a multitude of whirlwinds!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident / What Do Nigerians Do With The Tinubu Documentary?- ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (punch) / Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.