Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others (31816 Views)

Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Jonathan, Alamieyeseigha, Others To Attend Dickson’s Declaration / Alamieyeseigha, Others To Get State Pardon Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
pappilo: This is a man who is still wanted in the United Kingdom o.

What message are we giving to the international community
......that we are good in pardoning convicts!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 11:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Oh, poor baby, its clear you dont understand the origin of these gang-wars between your President and the core North.

Listen, how long do you think Yar Adua was dead before they announced it? Who signed your budget that year? Yar Adua?! Poor st.upid Nigerians, they always forget so fast. Who approved all contractual obligations between Nigeria and other Nations? Did GEJ know anything about his oga's whereabouts? Did Yar Adua ever used to hand over to GEJ when he travelled outside the country for operations that could have left him dead on the operating table? Listen, if the Yorubas did not cry out that GEJ had to take over, the constitution was going to be amended and Turai would have taken over and jacksh*t woulda happened--- IF THE YORUBAS HAD NOT RISEN AGAINST THE CABAL!

Nigeria was in the hands of a vicious mafia from the North, and today she is in the arms of another vicious gang from the Ijaw Area.

Let me educate your ignorance my dear boy,Turai was never in the helm of affairs rather it was the likes of James Ibori and saraki who was using her to achieve their objectives,yes his excellency was kept in the dark during and after the demise of his late boss but when it was THEN and THEN alone,he was consulted and he too back the baton of leadership. Where is turai today? Where is james today? Do you know tht saraki begged his arze off before his excellency forgave him. Please don't ever take the gentility of a tiger for cowardice,GEJ can be slow in decision making but never a fool. Take note

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by OldWizard1: 11:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wao! This is a new low. Sentiment apart, I am now convinced we need to change this man in the best interest of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by yacsabdul(m): 11:04pm On Mar 12, 2013
Monimatic: Breaking News: Council Of State Grants Diya,Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha Pardon

Former Chief of General Staff, Oladipo Diya and Former Chief of Staff Supremem Military Concil, and brother of the late President, Major General Shehu Musa Yar'adua received a State Pardon from the National Council of State, this afternoon, a source who attended the meeting has revealed to NaijaPundit.

Also pardoned were ex-Major Bello Magaji NA/6604, Mohammed Lima Biu, Shettima Bulama, Former Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha, Major Geeneral Abdulkareem Adisa (Post Humous) and Major Segun Fadipe.

Our source revealed to us that the Council of State, which is comprised of the President, Vice President, all state governors, former Presidents, the Chief Justice of the Federation, the Senate President and Speaker, amongst others, unanimously approved the list of those pardoned today.

The Council of State meeting however was not without its drama as another list which had names of hose awaiting trial was smuggled in for discussion. The Council however rejected the list and asked that it be sent back to the duo of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and the Minister of the Interior.

Sources told us that the unjust trial and conviction of Diya and Yar'adua was the basis of their pardon while Alamieyeseigha was considered because apart from serving his sentence he has devoted his life to travelling amongst Niger Delta communities facilitating the peace.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/breaking-news-council-of-state-grants-diya-bulama-yar-adua-pardon
what about major Hamza El-mustapha?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 11:06pm On Mar 12, 2013
texazzpete:

No. You're merely a sycophant. Perhaps well remunerated, but still an under the table dog who must defend his master.
You have no qualms in betraying your children by helping to ruin the Nigeria they will inherit. And for what?!

Well if I were still in the service of insulting I would have started with your parents thanks to the mods who appealed to me recently,what inheritance are you talkingg about? What betrayal?? How does a pardon amount to betrayal? If it were that bad as you gullible goats puts it why was it approved by other highly respectable senior citizzens including your human rights activist who turned governor Mumu people,why didn't anyone object??
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ceaser: 11:06pm On Mar 12, 2013
extension: I now agreed that western education is bad. The more phd you acquired the more stupid you are.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by bappahman: 11:06pm On Mar 12, 2013
Workers day pardon will include
1. Bode George
2. Tafa balogun
3. Pension Maina
4.Aminu Dabo
5.Faruk lawal
Please suggest more cos oga jona is in a forgiven Mood
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by 4Play(m): 11:07pm On Mar 12, 2013
2) The powers of the President under subsection (1) of this section shall be exercised by him after consultation with the Council of State.

After consulting with the Council of State, did the Council signal their objection to show that they and GEJ are not birds of the same feather. It's clear the President the can only act in consonance with the Council not despite their objection. There's no point you delusional mercenaries acting as if the brazen endorsement of impunity here is the sole preserve of GEJ whilst the other politicians looked on helplessly.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 11:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
seunajia:

Who is this pig?

You know, I was happy you were doing your good old job lapping up GEJ's arzehole, until I saw the bolded.

The cursed.

Who were the male and female pig that fertilized you into this world??
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 11:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
seunajia:

Who is this pig?

You know, I was happy you were doing your good old job lapping up GEJ's arzehole, until I saw the bolded.

The cursed.

Who were the male and female pigs that fertilized you into this world??
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by nep2ra(m): 11:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
Nigeria is one huge joke; a theatre of comedy. God has forsaken this country. Its up to Nigerians to save themselves.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2013
berem: hehehehe i can't fit laugh! grin

Admirable chimpazee. Longest tym
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by jaykai24(m): 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2013
mu2sa2: Sorry, govt doesn't pardon petty criminals; state pardon is for VIP criminals.
Then who pardon petty criminals?....Boko Haran?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
nep2ra: Nigeria is one huge joke; a theatre of comedy. God has forsaken this country. Its up to Nigerians to save themselves.
grin grin

I agree with some other commentators. This action is primarily geared toward 2015. With Anenih and Alamieyeseigha in GEJ's camp, the APC could as well forget about winning any SS or SE state.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ceaser: 11:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
extension: I now agreed that western education is bad. The more phd you acquired the more stupid you are.
He's gonna top SONY MAX's "World's dumbest presidents" or "World's dumbest presidential decisions", wow!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ypzilanti: 11:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
I wanted to post something witty or funny, but I'm so shattered and tears are almost running down my face. Is this the example we are setting for the coming generation? That it is okay to steal government funds? Civil society should galvanize to wage a war of protests against this action.

GEJ can act a fool all that he wants, but we have to register our disapproval as a people and say NO, do not make corruption a good value in Nigeria. Corruption is already bad, and GEJ is making it worse. Next year we are going back to number 1 on transparency International list. Wanna bet?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by 4Play(m): 11:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
jensinmi: For all those like 4Play making excuses that the council of state were the ones responsible for this, please refer to the relevant part of the constitution below

Please note that the it repeatedly states "THE PRESIDENT" and places responsibility for initiating the process on "THE PRESIDENT".

Why do mo-rons like you create straw man arguments? The President and every single member of the Council who endorsed this decision are responsible for endorsing impunity and corruption and showing Nigerian politicians are indistinguishable. You and others who pretend that GEJ is a cut above the rest in corruption are either ignorant, willfully blind or motivated by monetary or ethnic concerns. Long before GEJ was known, this country had topped many rankings of the world's most corrupt countries so to pretend that this is the sole responsibility of a Nigerian politician in a case involving unanimous consent is bizarre to say the least.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Yomboy4ever(m): 11:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
Monimatic: Breaking News: Council Of State Grants Diya,Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha Pardon

Former Chief of General Staff, Oladipo Diya and Former Chief of Staff Supremem Military Concil, and brother of the late President, Major General Shehu Musa Yar'adua received a State Pardon from the National Council of State, this afternoon, a source who attended the meeting has revealed to NaijaPundit.

Also pardoned were ex-Major Bello Magaji NA/6604, Mohammed Lima Biu, Shettima Bulama, Former Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha, Major Geeneral Abdulkareem Adisa (Post Humous) and Major Segun Fadipe.

Our source revealed to us that the Council of State, which is comprised of the President, Vice President, all state governors, former Presidents, the Chief Justice of the Federation, the Senate President and Speaker, amongst others, unanimously approved the list of those pardoned today.

The Council of State meeting however was not without its drama as another list which had names of hose awaiting trial was smuggled in for discussion. The Council however rejected the list and asked that it be sent back to the duo of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and the Minister of the Interior.

Sources told us that the unjust trial and conviction of Diya and Yar'adua was the basis of their pardon while Alamieyeseigha was considered because apart from serving his sentence he has devoted his life to travelling amongst Niger Delta communities facilitating the peace.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/breaking-news-council-of-state-grants-diya-bulama-yar-adua-pardon

Chai! Oga Jona dis list never complete ooo
Rev King and Clifford Oji Shld be on Dis list na
Thank God I nvr voted for a clueless Presido wey no dey wear shoes When him dey scool Go scool
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by sweetgala(m): 11:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

Well if I were still in the service of insulting I would have started with your parents thanks to the mods who appealed to me recently,what inheritance are you talkingg about? What betrayal?? How does a pardon amount to betrayal? If it were that bad as you gullible goats puts it why was it approved by other highly respectable senior citizzens including your human rights activist who turned governor Mumu people,why didn't anyone object??

It wasn't approved by them, they have neither power nor privileges to approve such.
They were obviously there to discuss other issues GEJ just intentionally used the gathering to paint a picture of elder statesman making decisions.
Which of them in attendance is a sitting president? Is it not GEJ who claimed DSP Alams is his "mentor".
God forgive you, not sure you want a future for your children. angry
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ypzilanti: 11:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
GEJ has lost ALL MORAL AUTHORITY in the fight against corruption. In fact he should just come out and say he is all for corruption...oh sorry, he already just did.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by sweetgala(m): 11:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
4 Play:

Why do mo-rons like you create straw man arguments? The President and every single member of the Council who endorsed this decision are responsible for endorsing impunity and corruption and showing Nigerian politicians are indistinguishable. You and others who pretend that GEJ is a cut above the rest in corruption are either ignorant, willfully blind or motivated by monetary or ethnic concerns. Long before GEJ was known, this country had topped many rankings of the world's most corrupt countries so to pretend that this is the sole responsibility of a Nigerian politician in a case involving unanimous consent is bizarre to say the least.

Please do not come here and claim there was a vote count on who would be pardoned. It was simply on page number xx the list of people the PRESIDENT has DECIDED pardoned , one or more might have raised concerns but with the multitude of GEJ yes-men they would have been silenced quickly. This Alams pardon is a GEJ orchestration
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ewet: 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
ALAMS ke? omo o ga ooo.What are this our leaders thinkn. u pardon some1 who stole billions, ran away from d UK disguised as a woman, bcam a fugitive and worst of all only got 6 months in prison. Hw abt all those languising in Nigerian prisons or already dead for stealing 1 trillionth of wht this guy stole. Wht hope for this country. GEJ has displayed another show of cluelessness tht deserves a Guiness book award for the dumbest president ever. Everybody just go ahead and still all the money u can and get to knw the president and u will be pardoned. anoda reason GEJ must be booted out. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
talk2s:
You have started calling me names, thankyou.
Were you GEJ, what would have been your stand?

In response to your name calling claim please look again because I only made a conditional statement.

To be honest your question is pointless because you cannot hold me out to your own standards.

However, if I were in his recently acquired shoes my stand would have been that Alams is a convicted felon and he should stay an ex-convict. The upside for Nigeria is that the pardon might yet hand GEJ's opponents another tool with which to root him out of Aso rock. We lose now to win later. smiley wink
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 11:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
sweet_gala:

It wasn't approved by them, they have neither power nor privileges to approve such.
They were obviously there to discuss other issues GEJ just intentionally used the gathering to paint a picture of elder statesman making decisions.
Which of them in attendance is a sitting president? Is it not GEJ who claimed DSP Alams is his "mentor".
God forgive you, not sure you want a feature for your children. angry

Next time please leave politics for men and always visit the romance section because the only thing useful in your brain is how to get a boyfriend,I will not stoop so low into having a discussion politically with a brainless baset like yours,please find something better to do because you are obviously a daft and its "future" not feature. Ode buruku
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ewet: 11:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
Even the GEJ sychophants are to embarrassed to com out and defend their obviously dumb president on this issue. I am waiting for their reaction. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin [b]GEJ out out out out ooooooooooooouuuuuuuuttttttttt[/b]by 2015. in short now. Enuf of this madness.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Akshow: 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
May amadioha, obatala and Sango strike Jonathan dead. Foolish eeeediot
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 11:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
ewet: ALAMS ke? omo o ga ooo.What are this our leaders thinkn. u pardon some1 who stole billions, ran away from d UK disguised as a woman, bcam a fugitive and worst of all only got 6 months in prison. Hw abt all those languising in Nigerian prisons or already dead for stealing 1 trillionth of wht this guy stole. Wht hope for this country. GEJ has displayed another show of cluelessness tht deserves a Guiness book award for the dumbest president ever. Everybody just go ahead and still all the money u can and get to knw the president and u will be pardoned. anoda reason GEJ must be booted out. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pointless. You have succeeded in saying a whole out of nothing.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by 4Play(m): 11:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
sweet_gala:
Please do not come here and claim their was a vote count on who and who would be pardoned. It was simply on page number xx the list of people the PRESIDENT has DECIDED pardoned , one or more might have raised concerns but with the multitude of GEJ yes-men they would have been silenced quick. This Alams pardon is a GEJ orchestration

It's clear most of you are paid political agents here as it's not clear why you are making this clumsy distinction between thieves. They have a clear constitutional right to be consulted on each pardon and with that they can unequivocally signal their objection to a pardon. There's no evidence that any member of the council expressed their objection. The requirement of consultation will be redundant if the process is a fait accompli once the President proposes names for pardon.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by justmythought: 11:43pm On Mar 12, 2013
I would rather ANINI instead...

sincerenigerian, what do you think?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Akshow: 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

Pointless. You have succeeded in saying a whole out of nothing.
pointless to you and a few shallow minded individuals. Makes sense die to many of us who are tired wit the retard.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by kramer: 11:45pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

Yes son,am a Patriot

You may be a loyal employee to GEJ but you're certainly not a patriot
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
Alamieyeseigha Plans to Run for President in 2019-Elrufai. This is according to this link: http://www.naijapundit.com/news/alamieyeseigha-plans-to-run-for-president-in-2019-elrufai

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites / Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order / Dasuki, 4 Others Granted Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.