Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others (31812 Views)

Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Jonathan, Alamieyeseigha, Others To Attend Dickson’s Declaration / Alamieyeseigha, Others To Get State Pardon Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by texazzpete(m): 9:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

He is not stuupid,as the C-in-C you will and must be faced with certain decisions you can't help. Trust me because am a man of the inside bench

No. You're merely a sycophant. Perhaps well remunerated, but still an under the table dog who must defend his master.
You have no qualms in betraying your children by helping to ruin the Nigeria they will inherit. And for what?!

9 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Mekky2010: 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

Buhari
Is that a name of a dog or cockroach?

I just asked google and guess what? The result says "a noun" who once ruled and is still dreamin of ruling ur country.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
texazzpete:

No. You're merely a sycophant. Perhaps well remunerated, but still an under the table dog who must defend his master.
You have no qualms in betraying your children by helping to ruin the Nigeria they will inherit. And for what?!
hehehehe i can't fit laugh! grin
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by deandavid(m): 9:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

My brother a spade is always a spade and not a shovel,GEJ cannot wake up one morning to grant these people amnesty,however,the late president promised DSP before his untimely death and its only proper for him to grant a dying wish of his former boss.

Like I said it was a unanimous decision from the council of elders and the pressurised him and begged him into agreeing.
we are also begging him to release rev king. Legalize corruption and increase his food allowance to 40billion naira. If thats nt enough, the should just nigeria to ghana

2 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by armadeo(m): 9:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ile-Ife:
Seriously? why won't boko-Elders ask for amnesty?

[img]http://1.bp..com/-29H1cEw7L7E/UT8Xc5SG4PI/AAAAAAAAjdE/B4iAl02dMl4/s400/1obehiokoawoblog+-+Copy+copy+-+Copy.jpg[/img]

Lol this made my evening.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Maxymilliano(m): 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
I am seriously and massively let down by the inclusion of Diepreye' name among the list of pardoned convicted felons, Major Al-Mustapha is more useful to this country than that rogue president general if Ijaw kingdom abi na nation...

Major Al-Mustapha deserve similar magnanimity from the government, the guy only acted in the line of duty.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by AdeniyiA(m): 9:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
little time now Alams will carry banner saying he wants to contest for president!?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by taharqa: 9:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
*smh*
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 12, 2013
Corruption As Grand Commander Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria. I am not surprised but puzzled. GEJ is too corrupt to the extent that stuffs like this would be just normal to him. He does not worth the effort. But I am puzzled that even if people like Abati could not persuade him to drop such a daft decision, they could have at least persuaded him to leave it till the tail end of his lackluster and worthless administration. We now have a corruption in chief ruling ruining Nigeria. Perhaps they tried but Jonathan stuck to his foolishness.

The next move would be to confer one of the numerous useless titles called national honour on him for "promoting" peace in the Niger Delta and get him chaired a committee to reform EFCC. Bravo, GEJ is working! Uncommon transformation!! Fresh air!!! Haters are talking, GEJ is working looting!

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 12, 2013
taharqa: *smh*
Is that all you have to say? C'mon! you can do better than this. grin
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by 4Play(m): 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
bayooooooo: Corruption As Grand Commander Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria. I am not surprised but puzzled. GEJ is too corrupt to the extent that stuffs like this would be just normal to him. He does not worth the effort. But I am puzzled that even if people like Abati could not persuade him to drop such a daft decision, they could have at least persuaded him to leave it till the tail end of his lackluster and worthless administration. We now have a corruption in chief ruling ruining Nigeria. Perhaps they tried but Jonathan stuck to his foolishness.

The next move would be to confer one of the numerous useless titles called national honour on him for "promoting" peace in the Niger Delta and get him chaired a committee to reform EFCC. Bravo, GEJ is working! Uncommon transformation!! Fresh air!!! Haters are talking, GEJ is working looting!

You seem to be oddly silent on the rest of members of the Council of State who unanimously approved this appalling decision.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by seunajia: 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

My brother a spade is always a spade and not a shovel,GEJ cannot wake up one morning to grant these people amnesty,however,the late president promised DSP before his untimely death and its only proper for him to grant a dying wish of his former boss.

Like I said it was a unanimous decision from the council of elders and the pressurised him and begged him into agreeing.

Who is this pig?

You know, I was happy you were doing your good old job lapping up GEJ's arzehole, until I saw the bolded.

The cursed.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by neksummi(m): 9:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
Alams, Alams no dey carry last!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by yhellow(m): 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
Naija wat a country. A country anything can happen!!!!!!!!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by mu2sa2: 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
jaykai24: What about those in prison without trial? I believe when u get to kirikiri, their re lots of innocent ppl dying in jail without trial.
Folks don't be fooled...by the name PDP, ANC etc... They are all bunch of zombies. Naa aka chukwu ka ayi nor.
Sorry, govt doesn't pardon petty criminals; state pardon is for VIP criminals.

3 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Paschal007: 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2013
Monimatic:
Our source revealed to us that the Council of State, which is comprised of the President, Vice President, all state governors, former Presidents, the Chief Justice of the Federation, the Senate President and Speaker, amongst others, unanimously approved the list of those pardoned today.

hmm. Buhari and Fashola approved this too?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ozolity(m): 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2013
I am really against FG on this.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh our clueless president has done it again, clearing ground for 2015.The excuse for granting DSP his pardon was the most tame.Soon it will be Bode Gorge.Hmmm,I weep for Naija.

2 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
4 Play:

You seem to be oddly silent on the rest of members of the Council of State who unanimously approved this appalling decision.

We now have Yakubu Gowon or Ernest Shonekan administration? A drowning man would cling to any straw. Forget unnecessary ornamentation or embellishments, GEJ is responsible for whatever happens in his government.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by blessed4ril(f): 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
Seriously SMH 4Naija!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by jensinmi(m): 10:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
For all those like 4Play making excuses that the council of state were the ones responsible for this, please refer to the relevant part of the constitution below

SECTION 175 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

175. (1) The President may -

.........(a) grant any person concerned with or convicted of any offence created by an Act of the National Assembly a pardon, either free or subject to lawful conditions;

........(b) grant to any person a respite, either for an indefinite or for a specified period, of the execution of any punishment imposed on that person for such an offence;

.........(c) substitute a less severe form of punishment for any punishment imposed on that person for such an offence; or

.........(d) remit the whole or any part of any punishment imposed on that person for such an offence or of any penalty or forfeiture otherwise due to the State on account of such an offence.

2) The powers of the President under subsection (1) of this section shall be exercised by him after consultation with the Council of State.

3) The President, acting in accordance with the advice of the Council of State, may exercise his powers under subsection (1) of this section in relation to persons concerned with offences against the army, naval or air-force law or convicted or sentenced by a court-martial.

Please note that the it repeatedly states "THE PRESIDENT" and places responsibility for initiating the process on "THE PRESIDENT".

A PARDON DOES NOT COME FROM THE COUNCIL OF STATE. A PARDON COMES FROM THE PRESIDENT.

Please stop making excuses for Goodluck Jonathan. He is responsible for this.

Looking at the Council of State meeting, you will see that only the YES-MEN former Presidents with no backbone - Shagari, Gowon, Shonekan - attended the meeting.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/124341-jonathan-pardons-ex-convicts-alamieyeisegha-bulama-others.html

Please stop making foolish excuses for Mr. Goodluck Jonathan. This is his doing and his only.

10 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by bodejohn(m): 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
Before the last general elections, I made up my mind not to vote GEJ because I discovered he was too quick to give concessions, I felt that it was a sign of weakness.

Even my 4year old daughter would have done better!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Cruxxy(m): 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
How come they forgot Igbinedion?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by sweetgala(m): 10:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
4 Play:

GEJ is the GCFRN aka the big boss elected by Nigerians so he can VETO any daft pardon. I can get why Diya and yar'adua were pardoned ,theirs was a jungle military commissions,however DSP is an international felon.
GEJ is surely a criminal.

2 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by farem: 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Fresh air. Scene 1. Bode George, Robber Anini, Monday Osunbor to follow.
From Transformation, this is reverberation. Destabilisation is the next.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by otokx(m): 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Cruxxy: How come they forgot Igbinedion?
supplementary budget still dey come
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Gbawe2: 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
bayooooooo: Corruption As Grand Commander Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria. I am not surprised but puzzled. GEJ is too corrupt to the extent that stuffs like this would be just normal to him. He does not worth the effort. But I am puzzled that even if people like Abati could not persuade him to drop such a daft decision, they could have at least persuaded him to leave it till the tail end of his lackluster and worthless administration. We now have a corruption in chief ruling ruining Nigeria. Perhaps they tried but Jonathan stuck to his foolishness.

Bayo, you are one of the brightest chaps here but I think you too missed what is obvious and what led to this desperate move to 'rehabilitate' Alamieyeseigha. GEJ is a very crude leader. He lacks the finesse and developmental intelligence all leaders should have because he is merely an opportunist and not a leader. His sort are just merely bright enough to be eternally obsessed with self-interest and clinging on to power just like the many ruinous leaders Africa was cursed with in the past.

GEJ only know how to do what we are now seeing same as you would expect your house to be filthy if you bring in two touts to live with you who have always lived under a bridge and never in a house. Promoted far above his station and wanting desperately to retain power, this President wants to assemble 'Capos' he can trust everywhere (like Alamco, Tukur and Anenih) who actually have officially useful powers. A new powerbase if you like. Simply bullying his own hatchet-men into influential office and use them to ensure there is no opposition standing is the name of the game for GEJ.

The crudeness of the man means it won't be long before we see Alamco in an official government position. Mark my words. We are seeing the desperate shenanigans of a desperate man to hand important office to those he feels will help him achieve what he wants. Did you not see Akpabio become Chairman of the newly formed PDP Governor's forum when everyone knows that is a superfluous position created to thwart Amaechi, Aliyu et al? Bottom line is that this man realises 2015 is impossible for him unless he puts "his people" everywhere he feels opposition may arise to his ambition. Futile tactics but how can that be made clear to a crude opportunist promoted far above his station and determined to 'sit tight'? Anenih, Tukur are 'resurrected' and so too will be the case for Alamco.

3 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Demdem(m): 10:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
take dat: Only three past presidents attended the meeting namely: Shagari, Gowon and Shonekan!
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/124341-jonathan-pardons-ex-convicts-alamieyeisegha-bulama-others.html

Even Obj wasn't there. He surely don't want to be involved in this malady.
Not surprise with the retardeen's action. I await the next bastard that will attack me for calling the kai-kai infected brain names demanding that I ought to pray for the fool.
Rubbish.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Demdem(m): 10:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
4 Play:

Fool, if the retardeen didn't bring it up for discussion, it wouldn't even be in the agenda. It came up because he wanted it. Are u this daft?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by pappilo(m): 10:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
This is a man who is still wanted in the United Kingdom o.

What message are we giving to the international community
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Ngwakwe: 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
They President and his people should have applied federal character in this pardon.

We demand equality in this country. Lopsidedness should be totally eradicated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by EkoIle1: 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2013
dangaye: What remains now is to return Alams confiscated assets to him to allow him enjoy his loot more freely. What a country!!
Carefully GEJ history is recording all what your administration is doing.

Including retirement package consisting of full salary, 4 Nigerian police officers, stewards, a phat house of his choice in Bayelsa and Abuja and all the other trappings of corrupt and crooked Nigerian official.

And the clown is still an international fugitive...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Narrates How She Gave Birth While In Boko Haram Captivity ( Photos ) / APC Member Hoisting Buhari And Governor’s Banner In Jigawa Electrocuted / Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.