Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,003 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? (24580 Views)

Poll: Would You Terminate A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences?

Yes: 54% (60 votes)
No: 45% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? / Relationship Over!!!!!!! / We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by almondjoy(f): 10:43pm On Mar 28, 2008
Imani:

@ JoshJosh, I have to agree with you. The religion board is something else shocked. I feel you. How people manage to argue over and over with each other is beyond me and sometimes you will think there is a prize awaiting the winner of the "debate"

The section of Nairaland is so disgusting it is not even funny.  Most of the people there are under one kind of spell or another.  Living corpses if you ask me!

Dem get work? undecided
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by almondjoy(f): 10:46pm On Mar 28, 2008
Imani:

Any religion that supports harsh rules such as the God's great law laws and honour killings in order to "punish" people is not instilling discipline in anybody but fear. The ability to have freedom of choice even if it is of a negative consequence is very important to the essence of being human.

I agree with you on this. But i am sure you will realise it is difficult not to generalise sometimes even though it is wrong. When the people being "generalised" against actually start making changes, the generalisations reduce and may eventually stop.

HELLO MOTTO. . . . REDIALLING!

mumu religion! cheesy abi na religion for mumus.

Please this is becoming religious thread and should be removed to the dustbins of the religious section of Nairaland where thrashy elements reside! This is THE ROMANCE SECTION PLEASE! It is Friday and you guys are turning me seriously off with all your religious crappy posts!

MOVE IT!!!!!
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by Cassiel(f): 10:49pm On Mar 28, 2008
@almondjoy
If you want to marry an atheist,feel free,but let those that believe in their religions be.You don't have to make it sound like its the dumbest thing ever.Infact,there's this dude called sun god over @ the Religion thread.Something tells me you two would be purrrfect wink grin grin
Show me a happy home where the husband goes for jihad rallies,the wife for all-night prayer meetings,the son is an alfa and the daughter is seriously taking steps to become a reverend sister.Just one,i ask of you all who say religous differences don't matter cheesy

And truly,this is actually turning into something from the religion thread grin grin
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by doyin13(m): 10:50pm On Mar 28, 2008
4Him:

1. Everyone should marry within the boundaries of their religion . . . the failure rate for those who do otherwise is dangerously high. We have a few people who got it to work and then assume we can model our own marriages after them[b] forgetting that everyone faces unique challenges.[/b]

Isn't the fact that each relationship faces unique challenges the very reason why generalisations about the chances of such marriages be avoided.
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by pahtahkee: 10:53pm On Mar 28, 2008
@ Topic,
Who cares? angryundecided Who am I trying to impress? undecided I have the matter between Me, My Spouse and God.

If we are settled with it, we move on. If not, it ends there.
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by 4Him(m): 10:55pm On Mar 28, 2008
Cassiel:

Show me a happy home where the husband goes for jihad rallies,the wife for all-night prayer meetings,the son is an alfa and the daughter is seriously taking steps to become a reverend sister.Just one,i ask of you all who say religous differences don't matter cheesy

You talk am finish.

doyin13:

Isn't the fact that each relationship faces unique challenges the very reason why generalisations about the chances of such marriages be avoided.

There is no straight answer to this issue. However choosing to gamble on ur own marriage turning out to be one of the very few that survive the intricacies of religious differences may be playing russian roulette with ur future.
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by damola1: 10:56pm On Mar 28, 2008
1. Everyone should marry within the boundaries of their religion . . . the failure rate for those who do otherwise is dangerously high. We have a few people who got it to work and then assume we can model our own marriages after them forgetting that everyone faces unique challenges.

2. Every other boundary depends on the ability of each individual to adjust to their partner. I can marry outside the boundaries of class and education . . . it all depends on the woman.

1. Based on what statistics from whom, and from where have you been able to come to the conclusion that the failure rate is dangerously high?

2. You are condraditing yourself sir, now, you generalise people by saying they shouldn't get hooked yet recognise that people are different.

Lets develop our comments, and not simply defend it, lets learn from one another and flow along that path, if you have agreed that people are different and unique, then you should also note that all peoples are not the same and it's based on this simple fact that you cannot rule out the fact that your wife to be comes from another religion, because she might just be all that, except that her father who happened to be an alhaji says she must be a moslem or a mother who happens to a pastor says she must be an xtian.

I will appreciate you first acknowlegde your statements and develop this discussion, rather, it'll be very bad I have wasted over 3hours here without having to have learnt something or someone learning something from me, it's imperative that this discussion develops.

Any religion that supports harsh rules such as the God's great law laws and honour killings in order to "punish" people is not instilling discipline in anybody but fear. The ability to have freedom of choice even if it is of a negative consequence is very important to the essence of being human.

Sir, Please understand the reason why a Judge sentence people to early graves before you say the judge is wrong, I am not a moslem therefore I cannot firstly states facts to disapprove some of your comments, however , it'll be very wrong for you to rubbish this great religion because of some of your assumptions, the same way you have relayed this comment, wouldn't it be a balance if someone from the other religion says: why is your relgion condemining gay or lesbianism, isn't it freedom of expression?
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 28, 2008
In my case, the relationship wouldn't even  start, talk less of progressing to what I'll call beautiful if there were religious differences.
no matter his size lipsrsealed
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by Imani(f): 10:58pm On Mar 28, 2008
4Him:

Send a gay friend to Iran.

Can YOU have a gay friend? shocked

almondjoy:

The section of Nairaland is so disgusting it is not even funny.  Most of the people there are under one kind of spell or another.  Living corpses if you ask me!

Dem get work? undecided

grin grin grin Look abeg, i dont have strength to fight anybody today abeg. YOU on the other hand are on another level, they must have given up on you by now cheesy

almondjoy:

HELLO MOTTO. . . . REDIALLING!

mumu religion! cheesy abi na religion for mumus.

Please this is becoming religious thread and should be removed to the dustbins of the religious section of Nairaland where thrashy elements reside! This is THE ROMANCE SECTION PLEASE! It is Friday and you guys are turning me seriously off with all your religious crappy posts!

MOVE IT!!!!!

Ok we don hear angry angry angry

I did'nt even know i couldnt type s.haria again without being censored. Seun must be having trouble sleeping at night because of some e-terrorists shocked. If he can afford to please them he should please ALL religions too.
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by doyin13(m): 11:05pm On Mar 28, 2008
Oh by the way. . . .Aren't there other religions besides Eslam and Christianity.

What are the chances or a successful relationship between a Ifa follower and a Bhuddist.
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by redsun(m): 11:09pm On Mar 28, 2008
Boundage,imagine religion stopping one from loving,can't you see it destroying you rather than helping,just like the pakistanis and indians,with their honour killings and cast system.One can clearly see why the country is not making any headway,people's mindset is just beyond imagination and to make matter worse,some of this people are suppose to be educated,people that should see beyond backward  traditions and religion.

To the wise love transcendes above all things,that is what religion is suppose to be all about,love and sacrifice,the significance of the cross,give to get.
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by Cassiel(f): 11:21pm On Mar 28, 2008
@redsun
Sure thing grin As a Christian,go marry an Ifa worshipper.Shey na love abi? By the time you see pots of blood under your bed,an idol that looks exactly like you in your wardrobe,and some black feathers in your work briefcase,maybe some suspicious-looking pieces of meat in your egusi soup, i hope you will remember words like 'sacrifice' and 'tolerance' and 'love transcends all things'.
Sometimes the love-transcending thing is very over-rated.
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by Chacal: 11:28pm On Mar 28, 2008
Cassiel:

@redsun
Sure thing grin As a Christian,go marry an Ifa worshipper.Shey na love abi? By the time you see pots of blood under your bed,an idol that looks exactly like you in your wardrobe,and some black feathers in your work briefcase,maybe some suspicious-looking pieces of meat in your egusi soup, i hope you will remember words like 'sacrifice' and 'tolerance' and 'love transcends all things'.

Touché.
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by damola1: 11:30pm On Mar 28, 2008
@redsun
Sure thing  As a Christian,go marry an Ifa worshipper.Shey na love abi? By the time you see pots of blood under your bed,an idol that looks exactly like you in your wardrobe,and some black feathers in your work briefcase,maybe some suspicious-looking pieces of meat in your egusi soup, i hope you will remember words like 'sacrifice' and 'tolerance' and 'love transcends all things'.

Of course, you might be thrilled, but don't' you think the person will also be suprised that you are worshipping a God that cannot been seen?,  don't you think the person will accuse you of simply living in your imagination.

Listen, you see this girl, you like this girl, you ask this girl out, then find out this girl is a babalawo, during friendship then courtship if you cannot tolerate any of these issues related to religion or any other thing, then you can simply walk away, can't you!!!,  the emphasis here is tolerance, don't allow opportunities pass you by because you assume you know everything.

So, during your frienship and courtship, you will learn whether or not the situation can be managed.
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by 4Him(m): 11:31pm On Mar 28, 2008
redsun:

[b]To the wise love transcendes above all things,[/b]that is what religion is suppose to be all about,love and sacrifice,the significance of the cross,give to get.

all those 50% of married couples who divorce within 2yrs of marriage professed to have love too . . . it just didnt transcend their "irreconciliable differences".

Imani:

Can YOU have a gay friend? shocked

Why not? I would however make it abundantly clear i do not approve of his lifestyle.
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by Cassiel(f): 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2008
@damola1
It seems you're not getting my drift undecided
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by doyin13(m): 11:39pm On Mar 28, 2008
Cassiel:

@redsun

Sounds like the rituals of a christian sect to me tongue
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by Cassiel(f): 11:44pm On Mar 28, 2008
@doyin13
The one you belong to abi? No wonder you recognize it tongue
I was only exemplifying.Product of a rich imagination rooted in reality cool
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by Dreloaded(f): 11:58pm On Mar 28, 2008
doyin13:

Sounds like the rituals of a christian sect to me tongue

C & S
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by doyin13(m): 12:24am On Mar 29, 2008
Cassiel:

@doyin13
The one you belong to abi? No wonder you recognize it tongue
I was only exemplifying.Product of a rich imagination rooted in reality cool

i am beginning to hav suspicions about who you really are undecided
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by bawomolo(m): 12:29am On Mar 29, 2008
The point was very simple: The Great Religion instills discipline in people than christianity.

of course, no wonder countries like pakistan, phillipines, indonesia or even northern nigeria are so peaceful. the truth is fundamental adherents to their religions wouldn't marry outside their religions. only the moderates or passive ones would.
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by Cassiel(f): 12:48am On Mar 29, 2008
@doyin13
Really?I'm very intrigued. grin grin
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by SamMilla1(m): 1:53am On Mar 29, 2008
yes
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by Nobody: 2:17am On Mar 29, 2008
I don't think i can venture into a relationship that i knew there is an obstacle ahead
beside you did n'nt say if both of you are christian or not
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by EccentricJ(m): 2:18am On Mar 29, 2008
I can't believe the ignorance on full display on this thread. So all moslim people are Jihad fighters? May you God forgive you for judging other people. I have seen Christians and moslim coexist in the same house and nobody has yet to kill the other person. Some Christians can turn people off Christianity.
That's all, J
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by Nobody: 2:21am On Mar 29, 2008
Cassiel:

@almondjoy
If you want to marry an atheist,feel free,but let those that believe in their religions be.You don't have to make it sound like its the dumbest thing ever.Infact,there's this dude called sun god over @ the Religion thread.Something tells me you two would be purrrfect wink grin grin
Show me a happy home  where the husband goes for jihad rallies,the wife for all-night prayer meetings,the son is an alfa and the daughter is seriously taking steps to become a reverend sister.Just one,i ask of you all who say religous differences don't matter cheesy

And truly,this is actually turning into something from the religion thread grin grin

Thank you sister,some people thought that religion is all about going to any church they like.
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by pahtahkee: 2:23am On Mar 29, 2008
EccentricJ:

I can't believe the ignorance on full display on this thread. So all moslim people are Jihad fighters? May you God forgive you for judging other people. I have seen Christians and moslim coexist in the same house and nobody has yet to kill the other person. Some Christians can turn people off Christianity.
That's all, J
May God help us.

I have been guilty of this generalization madness in times past. I now know better though. smiley
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by ariblaze(m): 3:50am On Mar 29, 2008
i have read the eloquent

arguements here, and i have

seen otherwise learned and matrured adults

reduce themselves to jousts

from the trend of the discuss here(those for, and against)

it points to the most likely thing that would happen if such a relationship

should start,i have moslem friends i respect them i know their are extremist in all facets

of religons,i feel they are all Unnecessary evils and should be purged from this world

@post

sadly i would
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by almondjoy(f): 3:55am On Mar 29, 2008

Cassiel (f)
Nig

Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences?
« #130 on: Yesterday at 10:49:35 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@almondjoy
If you want to marry an atheist,feel free,but let those that believe in their religions be.You don't have to make it sound like its the dumbest thing ever.Infact,there's this dude called sun god over @ the Religion thread.Something tells me you two would be purrrfect   

Show me a happy home  where the husband goes for jihad rallies,the wife for all-night prayer meetings,the son is an alfa and the daughter is seriously taking steps to become a reverend sister.Just one,i ask of you all who say religous differences don't matter

Religion is one of the dumbest things ever conceived. . . in the world of man, now that you noted it.  I do believe in God. The reason most history or literature books masquerading as "holy words" inspired by ogogoro drowing victims have no use for me at all. But anyone who tells me his or her religion is superior to those of others and his or her mascot is the only "way, truth and light" to see God must have feathers sticking out of his or her arse! kiss 

Oh yeah?  I think I should go check him out.  Thanks for the match-making! kiss
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by almondjoy(f): 3:57am On Mar 29, 2008
WTF!!!! angry

These peeps with their dry arses just spoil this thread.  I was thinkin' in terms of what kind of religious sounds people who practice different religions yell out when they CUUUUUM together in orgasmic worship!

Does one person scream "HOLY TALIBAN" and the other yell "EL SHALL DIE"? tongue
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by outlaws(m): 8:33am On Mar 29, 2008
cool

How about ending a religion for a beautiful relationship.
Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? by almondjoy(f): 9:38am On Mar 29, 2008

Imani

Re: Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences?
« #136 on: Yesterday at 10:58:37 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok we don hear   

I did'nt even know i couldnt type s.haria again without being censored. Seun must be having trouble sleeping at night because of some e-terrorists . If he can afford to please them he should please ALL religions too.

Then we are back to square one.  The fear of **********is the beginning of wisdom I say! cheesy Some trouble making religions have members that make so so mouth and fart all over the place.  Too cowardly to be suicide bombers! Cowards in body, cowards in spirit.  I wish all were courageous enough to duke it out so the world will be rid of all of them.  Only the true peacemakers like myself will roam free and do as we please,without hypocritcal interference and static!!!

bawomolo:

of course, no wonder countries like pakistan, phillipines, indonesia or even northern nigeria are so peaceful. the truth is fundamental adherents to their religions wouldn't marry outside their religions. only the moderates or passive ones would.

You mean the fake ones who would shag anything that moves? cheesy  All they succeeded in doing was using the pretext of religion to get the heck out of the relationship they had no business getting into in the first place.  A classic case of desperation!  Just as they use religion to kill, maim, steal, covet and molest people, it is also a good excuse for those tired of shagging themselves to pieces to save face.

Cluck! Clicking ma tongue in the typical south african fashion!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

. / Before Getting Into A Serious Relationship: Questions To Ask Yourself / Liberian Asks For Prayers For Her Cousin Because She's About To Marry A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.