Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? (11207 Views)

Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) / Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside / Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 6:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
Zikkyy:

@bolded, what is the sango priest doing that you are not doing?

the sango priests prays to dead ancestors....he uses juju items in worship....he consults the dead.....he uses images and also statues in worship...etc.....
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2013
ijawkid:
the sango priests prays to dead ancestors....he uses juju items in worship....he consults the dead.....he uses images and also statues in worship...etc.....

who told you sango priest consult the dead? which one be juju items again o? so you can only list 3 items (2 items there na the same) or difference between your worship and that of the sango priest. you can see there's not much difference between you and the juju man grin i don't know what you mean by juju items sha. am sure we can reduce the difference to one or at most 2 smiley
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 7:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
Zikkyy:

this is not news, a good number of 'so called' Christians don't even understand what Christianity is all about. same way you criticize without first understanding what people do.

What does it take to know that some people celebrate Easter, a goddess, an idol, unknowingly thinking they are celebrating the resurrection of Christ. Is it hard to know that lots of Easter customs are pagan's? Is it difficult to know that Easter celebration is unscriptural?

...and you think you are not speaking for the people you accuse of pagan worship (including zikkyy). why not let them speak for themselves? why don't you let me tell you what i worship?
Speaking for? Lol.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
Zikkyy:

who told you sango priest consult the dead? which one be juju items again o? so you can only list 3 items (2 items there na the same) or difference between your worship and that of the sango priest. you can see there's not much difference between you and the juju man grin i don't know what you mean by juju items sha. am sure we can reduce the difference to one or at most 2 smiley

abeg dont sango priests consult ancestors and pray to them??_...you want make iI dey mention juju items?....you wan talk say u no know them?..

iI am so different from a juju worshipper..if you arent na you sabi...now iI see why you cant even tell between what is pagan and what is not....

and iI dont use graven images in worship..you forgot to spot that?...cheesy
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2013
Zikkyy:

for someone that have never seen an Easter egg, bunny or Easter buns, what would make me uncomfortable? you don't even know if i celebrate Easter!
What difference does it make, as you see nothing wrong in its celebration?

even when i kept repeating that i don't have a clue, you come up with comment like the one above i see that i have been wasting my time with you. am sure it is stated in the checklist you are reading from that the opposition will boast that he/she is very knowledgeable. it's becoming obvious am not discussing with an adult.
Does my question differ from that of op? You don't have a clue then what are you doing here? See an adult defending what he has no clue of.

i don't claim to rely on precedence in my daily living. am guided by the instructions/commands/teachings/events in the scripture to distinguish good and acceptable behaviors from bad. of course this cannot be done without the holy spirit as your guide.

if you ever bothered to read my posts, you would observe that nobody been arguing with you over the origin of egg, bunny or buns. is anybody saying colored egg was never used by pagans?

Use what you claim you are guided by and prove to us that Easter celebration is biblical, not pagan way of worship. As an adult, if you dodge this again, I will be disappointed in you.

1 Like

Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by truthislight: 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2013
Zikkyy:

you see what am talking about? are you the one to tell me what i do? abi you saw me sacrificing a donkey to ishtar? if it was possible, you would have me tortured so i will have no option but to sign a confessional statement prepared by truthislight himself angry i don talk am say you be police man.

If you think you dont worship ishtar/easter, them pin you put there?

If you no like/worship easter, what are you doing where ishtar/easter is being worship?

Na your life! Na you sabi!
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by truthislight: 10:35pm On Apr 15, 2013
ijawkid:

grin....zikky u no well at all....lmao....but u forget say we suppose don burn all the sango priest utensils ,plus that him chair wey you sit down on top and then clear up the building,sweep all pagan related things.........

and then you forget say we no go adopt one single holiday,celebration,worship pattern of the sango priest....

and finally you forget say me,freksy and truthislight no go even near d sango shrine in the first place,talk less of converting it to a kingdom hall ....grin

Zikky no want to show respect for Yahweh. angry

He wants to give sango things to Yahweh. angry
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
truthislight:

If you think you dont worship ishtar/easter, them pin you pur there?

If you no like/worship easter, what are you doing where ishtar/easter is being worship?

Na your life! Na you sabi!

Abeg commit for road jor angry abi you saw me worshiping inside ishtar temple. Btw where can I find an ishtar temple
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
truthislight:

Zikky no want to show respect for Yahweh. angry

He wants to give mango things to Yahweh. angry

I have shown that you can worship anywhere and God will accept. You only disrespect the Almighty when you ignore him and go serving other gods. He made all things and everything belong to him. There is nothing like sango things. It was man that took what belongs to God and used them to serve sango.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by truthislight: 10:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
Zikkyy:

Abeg commit for road jor angry abi you saw me worshiping inside ishtar temple. Btw where can I find an ishtar temple

Go to where easter is being celebrated you will find easter temple there.

You know she is a demon?
she can be any where you call her.

cool
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 10:56pm On Apr 15, 2013
Zikkyy:

I have shown that you can worship anywhere and God will accept. You only disrespect the Almighty when you ignore him and go serving other gods. He made all things and everything belong to him. There is nothing like sango things. It was man that took what belongs to God and used them to serve sango.

Then you ask yourself why the isrealites didn't go into baals temple to worship Jah.....do you even consider the scriptures at all or do you just choose to believe what you want to believe??.......

When you adopt the ways of pagans you are indirectly/directly serving other gods.....

When the apostle says God has no relationship with demons/paganism what do you understand by that statement??.......

Zikky na wa for you o.........did Jesus your master worship God anywhere??.......
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by truthislight: 11:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
Zikkyy:

the things that the canannites use to worship there gods were they not Yahweh things?

Why did Yahweh reject them and warned the Israelites against going near them and touching them?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 11:06pm On Apr 15, 2013
truthislight:
Go to where easter is being celebrated you will find easter temple there.

You know she is a demon?
she can be any where you call her.

I have been to my neighbor's church at easter and the activities were just like any other Sunday except for a special focus on Christ crucifixion and resurrection. I did not see anything indicating I was in a temple meant for worshiping a goddess. What I saw wad the regular praise singing, prayers and reflections + the regular offerings. Maybe you are referring to his home I remember the guy cooked rice and drinks dey yafu-yafu grin maybe you are referring to my neighbors home even though things appeared normal. Kindly confirm.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 11:14pm On Apr 15, 2013
ijawkid:

Then you ask yourself why the isrealites didn't go into baals temple to worship Jah.....do you even consider the scriptures at all or do you just choose to believe what you want to believe??............

That time there was only one place of worship, you cannot worship God any other place. You could not even build a kingdom hall in your backyard to worship God. Now things don change, God dey your heart now, he no dey stay for kingdom hall. and Jesus said where 2 or 3 are gathered in his name, he dey there kamkpe, he did not specify location.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 11:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
ijawkid:
When you adopt the ways of pagans you are indirectly/directly serving other gods........

Which way did I adopt? From a Christian perspective, a pagan is likely one that does not recognize the Almighty instead he/she worship other gods. Abi no be so? Which other way can one adopt the ways of pagans again? When God told his people not adopt the worship practices of some pagans in the book of Deuteronomy (i think), he did not say the action would result in the worship of other gods. He only said that he found the approach of those bloo.dy pagans offensive (they sacrifice their family members).so where you get your own theory from?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 11:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
truthislight:

the things that the canannites use to worship there gods were they not Yahweh things?

Why did Yahweh reject them and warned the Israelites against going near them and touching them?

Which things be that? Tell me grin

in fact there is nothing like this in scriptures angry
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 7:11am On Apr 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

Which way did I adopt? From a Christian perspective, a pagan is likely one that does not recognize the Almighty instead he/she worship other gods. Abi no be so? Which other way can one adopt the ways of pagans again? When God told his people not adopt the worship practices of some pagans in the book of Deuteronomy (i think), he did not say the action would result in the worship of other gods. He only said that he found the approach of those bloo.dy pagans offensive (they sacrifice their family members).so where you get your own theory from?

Zikkky I doubt if you really understand scriptures....so you mean you still can't understand what God meant when he said his people should not adopt the ways of the pagans??,,,,you want to also try to twist such clear cut commands to support easter celebration??........

would the isrealites have adopted and converted celebrations(celebration to there pagan gods) of the moabites and cannanites to Yahweh??....would Yahweh accept such worship and observance??..........

Could the isrealites priests have copied the ways of the pagan priests in egypt,babylon and all other pagan nations??...........

Could the isrealies have adopted the pagan practice of eating strangles meat??.......

You want me to keep mentioning??....

You forget these isrealites have experienced Yahwehs blazing anger for foolishly following the ways of the pagans........

You forget??.....
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 7:15am On Apr 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

That time there was only one place of worship, you cannot worship God any other place. You could not even build a kingdom hall in your backyard to worship God. Now things don change, God dey your heart now, he no dey stay for kingdom hall. and Jesus said where 2 or 3 are gathered in his name, he dey there kamkpe, he did not specify location.

And the apostles who never held gatherings at the temple converged at the worship places of zeus,artemis and the other pagan gods??............abi??.

And when Jesus said where 2 or 3 are gathered,did he also include sango and amadioha's shrine as suitable places for. Such meetings......smh!!!!!!!.......

Zikky I've told you to watch your view of paganism...............

What dealings does paganism have with truths??.....ask yourself
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 8:51am On Apr 16, 2013
ijawkid:
Zikkky I doubt if you really understand scriptures....so you mean you still can't understand what God meant when he said his people should not adopt the ways of the pagans??,,,,you want to also try to twist such clear cut commands to support easter celebration??........

you are jumping to another issue here using my response to your theory that says adopting the ways of pagan is indirectly worshiping other gods. my post was to show you don't know what you are talking about!

...and what is the way of pagan in what i do? abi you saw offering human sacrifice to God?

ijawkid:
would the isrealites have adopted and converted celebrations(celebration to there pagan gods) of the moabites and cannanites to Yahweh??....would Yahweh accept such worship and observance??..........

Could the isrealites priests have copied the ways of the pagan priests in egypt,babylon and all other pagan nations??...........

Could the isrealies have adopted the pagan practice of eating strangles meat??.......

You want me to keep mentioning??....

You forget these isrealites have experienced Yahwehs blazing anger for foolishly following the ways of the pagans........

You forget??.....

abeg stop shouting jor angry out of the over 600 different laws issued by Moses to his people, how many have you implemented. Are you worshiping God as commanded by Moses? God has told his people not to adopt the worship pattern of pagans because he found them offensive. These commands are still very relevant as guides in conducting our worship today. we should ensure we don't engage in practices that are abomination to the Lord. That's what you should take away from the part of the scripture you are referring to.

After all God did not tell you to build kingdom halls, and you go about building Kingdom halls left right and center. abi you don't know it pagans that build shrines recklessly like that grin in the OT you keep referring to there was only one temple; one house of God. smiley

you should stop interpreting scriptures like a robot.

ijawkid:
could the isrealies have adopted the pagan practice of eating strangles meat??.......

but i can eat meat abi? only the one that is not strangled abi? so tell me did God say cake is offensive to him so i don't eat cake anymore or i do away with my delicious rabbit stew grin
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2013
ijawkid:
And the apostles who never held gatherings at the temple converged at the worship places of zeus,artemis and the other pagan gods??............abi??.

how can you be saying a thing like this. you know if the apostles show up in such places, the worshipers will attempt to sacrifice them to their gods smiley that is not to say God will not hear their prayers if they find themselves there. i thought we already agreed on this bit angry

ijawkid:
And when Jesus said where 2 or 3 are gathered,did he also include sango and amadioha's shrine as suitable places for. Such meetings......

Also ask yourself, did Jesus say sango and amadioha's shrine are excluded?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 9:59am On Apr 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

you are jumping to another issue here using my response to your theory that says adopting the ways of pagan is indirectly worshiping other gods. my post was to show you don't know what you are talking about!
And from the scriptures adopting the ways of pagans is tantamount to what??......I can't really understand what kind of christian you are.........can you give me one good reason why Yahweh would detest the isrealites from mixing up with pagans??....

I know what I'm talking about from the scriptures as regards Yahwehs dealings with the isrealites and how he viewed his servants handling with pagan practices and customs.....

Zikkyy:

..and what is the way of pagan in what i do? abi you saw offering human sacrifice to God?

Do you celebrate easter??...yes or No......

Zikkyy:

abeg stop shouting jor angry out of the over 600 different laws issued by Moses to his people, how many have you implemented. Are you worshiping God as commanded by Moses? God has told his people not to adopt the worship pattern of pagans because he found them offensive. These commands are still very relevant as guides in conducting our worship today. we should ensure we don't engage in practices that are abomination to the Lord. That's what you should take away from the part of the scripture you are referring to.

Gods laws as regards his servants relationship with pagans and there practices has not changed a bit........those principles still stand because satan and Yahweh have not recently become freinds.............

If you've forgotten you can read this verses again from 2 corinthians..

2 Corinthians 6:15-17
New International Version (NIV)
15 What harmony is there between Christ and
Belial[a]? Or what does a believer have in
common with an unbeliever? 16 What
agreement is there between the temple of
God and idols? For we are the temple of the
living God. As God has said:
“I will live with them
and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they will be my people.”
17 Therefore,
“Come out from them
and be separate,
says the Lord.
[b]Touch no unclean thing
and I will receive you.

Zikkyy:

After all God did not tell you to build kingdom halls, and you go about building Kingdom halls left right and center. abi you don't know it pagans that build shrines recklessly like that grin in the OT you keep referring to there was only one temple; one house of God. smiley

you should stop interpreting scriptures like a robot.
Why do you think kingdom halls are built??.......you think if the houses of everyone were readily available we would build kingdom halls??....and can you please walk into a kingdom hall and find out it resembles a shrine??......

It is better to think like a robot alongside scriptural standards than to be so loosed like you.....you think accepting pagan practices would make God smile back at you??....

Zikkyy:

but i can eat meat abi? only the one that is not strangled abi? so tell me did God say cake is offensive to him so i don't eat cake anymore or i do away with my delicious rabbit stew grin

Now you run away from the main point.......remember I pointed out one custom or practice Gods people were not to touch.....eating meats that are strangled.......comment on it and stop asking me about rabbit stew or cake.......
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 10:04am On Apr 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

how can you be saying a thing like this. you know if the apostles show up in such places, the worshipers will attempt to sacrifice them to their gods smiley that is not to say God will not hear their prayers if they find themselves there. i thought we already agreed on this bit angry
Zikky why didn't the apostles ever think the way you are thinking??.......your love for paganism seems to be so colossal........

Ask yourself why the apostles never ever thought of going into the temples of zeus and artemis to preach,talk less of converting it to a place of worship??....

Zikkyy:

Also ask yourself, did Jesus say sango and amadioha's shrine are excluded?

Please read 2 corinthians 6:15-17. And let it sink down your brain......

Or ask yourself why Jesus himself did not walk into the pagan shrines to worship his Father.....

Your problem is that you feel you can dictate the way you choose to worship God........

My brother flee from paganism...flee!!!!!!.....

According to boomark your longer throat no get boundary....grin
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 10:30am On Apr 16, 2013
ijawkid:
And from the scriptures adopting the ways of pagans is tantamount to what??......I can't really understand what kind of christian you are.........can you give me one good reason why Yahweh would detest the isrealites from mixing up with pagans??....

i will give you two smiley

1. he is likely to lose them to worship of other gods. i.e. they will turn their back on him. Remember the commandment "thou shall have no other gods before me"?
2. they will pick up practices God does not want to see. e.g they will kill contrary to the commandment not to kill (pagans offer their children as sacrifice). they will make graven images (remember the commandment) e.t.c

is that to say the Israelite and pagans don't have stuff in common? after all pagans pray just the way the Jews will pray, they offer animal sacrifice just like the Jews. God don't want them mixing with pagans because of the bad stuff. BTW you forget you belong to that category of people that God said his people should not mingle with, abi you don forget say you be gentile? your ancestors were 100% pagans grin (na them dey offer their children as sacrifice those days. you lucky say dem no born you for that era grin). if we follow your approach to interpretating the OT, you should be in the opposite camp, i.e. the camp the Israelite must avoid grin
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 10:34am On Apr 16, 2013
ijawkid:
Do you celebrate easter??...yes or No......

shocked shocked after 9 pages, na now you remember to ask the question you should have asked in page 1 grin you see your self na angry condemn first ask questions later and you say you know what you are talking about grin Why should i even respond to this question after you people been branding me an idol worshiper angry anyways make i go think am grin
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 10:43am On Apr 16, 2013
ijawkid:
Gods laws as regards his servants relationship with pagans and there practices has not changed a bit........those principles still stand because satan and Yahweh have not recently become freinds.............

I agree with you that the principle is still the same. meaning we must avoid anything that the Lord detest smiley

ijawkid:
If you've forgotten you can read this verses again from 2 corinthians..

2 Corinthians 6:15-17
New International Version (NIV)
15 What harmony is there between Christ and
Belial[a]? Or what does a believer have in
common with an unbeliever? 16 What
agreement is there between the temple of
God and idols? For we are the temple of the
living God. As God has said:
“I will live with them
and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they will be my people.”
17 Therefore,
“Come out from them
and be separate,
says the Lord.
[b]Touch no unclean thing
and I will receive you.

so oga ijawkid, what exactly is unclean? is it the idol worshiper himself? remember say una dey hang out together, una dey the same office, una dey go shop for the same market, eat for the same eatery. except you want to migrate to planet Mars grin so what exactly is unclean? is the rabbit running around in the bush that is unclean? is it the cake baked by the bakeries that is unclean? maybe the unclean stuff has to do with what has been dedicated to other gods. so tell me, what exactly is unclean? It's not enough to just drop bible reference here and run away angry
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 10:56am On Apr 16, 2013
ijawkid:
Why do you think kingdom halls are built??......

The same reason shrines are built grin

ijawkid:
Now you run away from the main point.......remember I pointed out one custom or practice Gods people were not to touch.....eating meats that are strangled.......comment on it and stop asking me about rabbit stew or cake.......

I posted my comment already. you pretend not to see it:

Zikkyy:

The bold indicates am in agreement that the Israelite cannot eat strangled meat because we know God detest such behavior. and am asking if God detest also the eating of cakes and rabbit? so we avoid them as well. it's a simple matter na, or you don't think so? smiley
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 11:03am On Apr 16, 2013
ijawkid:
Zikky why didn't the apostles ever think the way you are thinking??.......your love for paganism seems to be so colossal........

Ask yourself why the apostles never ever thought of going into the temples of zeus and artemis to preach, talk less of converting it to a place of worship??....

Lol! grin have told you to stop asking questions of this nature, haba! angry tell me, can you go knocking on people door in Borno state today? am not saying people should go to shrine and worship, but if you find ya self there due to one (acceptable) reason or the other, nothing stop you from praying to God. and God will not reject your prayers.

ijawkid:
Your problem is that you feel you can dictate the way you choose to worship God........

Did Jesus and the apostles lay out a worship program, to which we must strictly adhere? i know such program (if any) does not include the building of kingdom halls. That was at you guys discretion abi? so what are you saying?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 12:57pm On Apr 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

i will give you two smiley

1. he is likely to lose them to worship of other gods. i.e. they will turn their back on him. Remember the commandment "thou shall have no other gods before me"?
2. they will pick up practices God does not want to see. e.g they will kill contrary to the commandment not to kill (pagans offer their children as sacrifice). they will make graven images (remember the commandment) e.t.c

is that to say the Israelite and pagans don't have stuff in common? after all pagans pray just the way the Jews will pray, they offer animal sacrifice just like the Jews. God don't want them mixing with pagans because of the bad stuff. BTW you forget you belong to that category of people that God said his people should not mingle with, abi you don forget say you be gentile? your ancestors were 100% pagans grin (na them dey offer their children as sacrifice those days. you lucky say dem no born you for that era grin). if we follow your approach to interpretating the OT, you should be in the opposite camp, i.e. the camp the Israelite must avoid grin

I am a gentile quite correct and principles as regards my relationship with pagans still stands till this moment......

How do the Jews pray and how do pagans pray??.........is it the same??.....oya start answering.........remember adopting the ways of the pagans is what I'm on.......

What if an isrealite borrowed the pattern of the pagans in prayer to God,would God accept it??.........
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

shocked shocked after 9 pages, na now you remember to ask the question you should have asked in page 1 grin you see your self na angry condemn first ask questions later and you say you know what you are talking about grin Why should i even respond to this question after you people been branding me an idol worshiper angry anyways make i go think am grin

Hehehehe...because you sound confused and meticulous as well......come out boldly and say I dey do easter o or I no dey do easter o......

If you no dey do easter then this discussion don end,but if you dey do then e no go end until you gree Jesus side.......grin....

Come announce wether you dey do or not....
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

I agree with you that the principle is still the same. meaning we must avoid anything that the Lord detest smiley

Yes nau....and this includes adopting pagan customs and observances.........

Zikkyy:

so oga ijawkid, what exactly is unclean? is it the idol worshiper himself? remember say una dey hang out together, una dey the same office, una dey go shop for the same market, eat for the same eatery. except you want to migrate to planet Mars grin so what exactly is unclean? is the rabbit running around in the bush that is unclean? is it the cake baked by the bakeries that is unclean? maybe the unclean stuff has to do with what has been dedicated to other gods. so tell me, what exactly is unclean? It's not enough to just drop bible reference here and run away angry

If you can't from the scriptures discern what is clean and unclean then maybe you need to be ready to learn how to do that........

Adopting a pagan observance and clinging it to Jesus is UNCLEAN..............

Of which is EASTER is one of it.......
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 1:24pm On Apr 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

The same reason shrines are built grin
Hehehehe....and what is that reason??........

Zikkyy:

I posted my comment already. you pretend not to see it:

I didn't pretend to...I just wanted to know wether since the blood in the animal was still created by God his servants could still just stubbornly eat it along with the animal
thinking God would accept it.......

Remember we are on do not adopt the ways of the pagans.....God always drew this clear line between being godly and following the ways of pagans.......

Zikkyy:

The bold indicates am in agreement that the Israelite cannot eat strangled meat because we know God detest such behavior. and am asking if God detest also the eating of cakes and rabbit? so we avoid them as well. it's a simple matter na, or you don't think so? smiley

God would detest cakes and rabbits that are eaten for the sake of easter celebration........the clause there is easter(which is pagan)............

Do not adopt the ways of the pagans...
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

Lol! grin have told you to stop asking questions of this nature, haba! angry tell me, can you go knocking on people door in Borno state today? am not saying people should go to shrine and worship, but if you find ya self there due to one (acceptable) reason or the other, nothing stop you from praying to God. and God will not reject your prayers.
Mbaaa....the scriptures do nt agree with you........the buildings of pagan worshippers isn't a GO area for christian gathering......the apostles never did such..........

I can preach to people in borno,but I'll do that discreetly so that bokoharam them no go use me shine...grin...

There is no reason why I should find myself at a shrine to worship my heavenly Father........

Zikkyy:

Did Jesus and the apostles lay out a worship program, to which we must strictly adhere? i know such program (if any) does not include the building of kingdom halls. That was at you guys discretion abi? so what are you saying?

All I'm saying is all the early christians needed was to gather and definitly not under the sun or in the rain...they needed shelter.....if the homes of fellow christian bros and sis are readily availably the need for building KH's wont arise,,,,.........

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? / The Benefits Of Praising The Lord / Why Are Nigerians Too Superstitious And Believe Too Much In Juju?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.