Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? (11208 Views)

Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) / Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside / Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2013
italo:

You are so eager to condemn that you do not even know that we are celebration RESURRECTION, not DEATH.

Anyway, the Bible would be pagan too, since non of the apostles carried it around and it only came into existence hundreds of years after Jesus and the apostles had died.

Guy, you make it appear as if we are saying everything is sinful and of pagan simply because you want to justify why you celebrate Easter.

Yesterday was 29th day of March, Today is 30th of March and Tomorrow will be 31st of March, tell us, which of the three was the resurrection date of Jesus? Don't be offended please, for I want to act in the spirit of 1Thess 5:21 & Acts 17:11 - to prove/examine and be sure this thing is so. Besides, our leader and head once said if my form of worship is not scripture-base, I shouldn't spend my time, energy and other resources on it, for all will be vain. - Matt 15:9.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 5:12pm On Mar 30, 2013
souldust: @fresky when christians go to church on easter, they go to hear the word of God which is most time centered on the message of th resurection. In the end, they get a deeper understanding of the mystery of the resurection and their faith is lifted from glory to glory.

They also praise God for the making it possible that christ resurected, a resurection that guarantees that all those who sleep in christ will not die but live.

Tell me whats wrong with the above. Why dont you look critically and tell me with all honesty if there is any pegan thing practiced in the above that i have explained. HONESTY ISNT GOING TO KILL. That you are honest in this case doest mean you have broken your allegiance to the watch tower society and so i dont think your society should disfellowship you if thats what you are afraid of.

If you watch me fetching an apple fruit from the pit of toilet, clean it up and present same to you in a pure diamond or golden plate, would you eat it? If no, why?

Conversely, supposed you saw me picking the fruit directly from its tree, I am sure you won't reject it. If the source of what we eat matters to us, unholy beings, how much more so would it to God, a holy being.

1 Like

Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
Freksy:
I mentioned two people - David and Uzzah. David overstepped the bound set for him regarding method of ark transport. Uzzah acted in "error", see 2sa. 6:7 - KJV. They both disobeyed, irrespective of the word we use. Disobedience is encompassing, i.e, is an all-embressing word. One can disobey by overstepping - by going beyond what is allowed.

Majorly, we learn through object lessons from bible stories, expressly stated laws and By bible principles. We can sin either by disobeying the laws or violating bible principles.
Using the microphone in worship is not a sin, but if a bible principle is violated regarding its use, it can be sinful.

See the following and tell if they are laws, if they are not, should we discard the message therein?
"But in vain they do worship me , teaching for doctrines the commandments of men" Matt. 15:9

"As I urged you when I was leaving for Macedonia, stay on in Ephesus to instruct certain people not to spread false teachings," 1Tim.1:3 NET

"If someone spreads false teachings and does not agree with sound words (that is, those of our Lord Jesus Christ)...he is conceited and understands nothing, but has an unhealthy interest in controversies and verbal disputes. 1Tim. 6:3 NET

"Prove all things ; hold fast that which is good" 1Thess. 5:21 - KJV. "But examine all things; hold fast to what is good". - NET.

"Now these were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of the mind, examining the Scriptures daily, whether these things were so". Acts 17:11 WEB

Sincerely examine Easter, with its associated rites as 1Thess 5:21 & Acts 17:11 encourage us to, and see if it would have Christ's and Paul's approval if presented to them. Recall that they both said when they are off the earthly scene, there will be infiltration of filth into the clear teachings of Christ. It matters to God greatly what we teach, believe and do. Why did Jesus never command his disciples to celebrate his resurrection but death? Could it be he forgot it. Ok, since he forgot, why did his early disciples not remember it each time they commemorated his death? could it be they too forgot it. Oh I see, our generation of worshipers are wiser and more spirit-directed...lol.

Ubenedictus and italo, have you for once examined Easter celebration to ascertain its root? If you have done so and your findings prove Easter celebration is not pagan-related, but God-commanded, hold fast to it with undisturbed conscience. - 1Thess 5:21 & Acts 17:11
to be sincere i didnt bother to read your long post past d 1st paragraph.
Just show me d part where d bible says in d ark part David sinned. If u can show dat passage then we can discuss.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
Zikkyy:

You don start again angry why force someone to worship other gods? If the man says he is celebrating Christ resurrection, why accuse him of worshiping something else. Abi you saw the man in sango worshipping attire sacrificing a goat to sango?
abeg help me ask am.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2013
Zikkyy:

You don start again angry why force someone to worship other gods? If the man says he is celebrating Christ resurrection, why accuse him of worshiping something else. Abi you saw the man in sango worshipping attire sacrificing a goat to sango?

Hehehehe.............I am only telling the man that Jesus hates eoastre.........because its a pagan goddess...I just don't know how Jesus got entangled with that goddess........I really just don't know...maybe UBE can help us explain how our Lord is linked to the goddess EOASTRE..........

cheesy
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2013
ijawkid:

Hehehehe.............I am only telling the man that Jesus hates eoastre.........because its a pagan goddess...I just don't know how Jesus got entangled with that goddess........I really just don't know...maybe UBE can help us explain how our Lord is linked to the goddess EOASTRE..........

cheesy

If someone tells you he is celebrating Christ resurrection, take it like that. Unless you have evidence to prove that it was all a lie. UBE is not saying that he is celebrating the the resurrection of 'EOASTRE', you are one accusing him of worshiping 'EQASTRE'.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 8:05pm On Mar 30, 2013
Zikkyy:

If someone tells you he is celebrating Christ resurrection, take it like that. Unless you have evidence to prove that it was all a lie. UBE is not saying that he is celebrating the the resurrection of 'EOASTRE', you are one accusing him of worshiping 'EQASTRE'.

Don't act like you don't know what we are talking about..........UBe and you(I no know wether you follow too) are celebrating EOSTRE............I just want UBE to tell me what relationship Jesus has with EAOSTRE.....

Can you please answer the question too??........

Just answer............
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 9:08pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ubenedictus: to be sincere i didnt bother to read your long post past d 1st paragraph.
Just show me d part where d bible says in d ark part David sinned. If u can show dat passage then we can discuss.

Hmmm, you did not read through my comment? Your request shows you did not also read the cited scriptures on my first post that you earlier commented on. To show you really want us to discuss, can you please boldly make your stand clear on this: Did David follow the instruction given on how the ark should be transported when he did so using the wagon? My stand on it is, NO! What about yours?

Moreover, it appears you have admitted Easter is not scriptural.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 10:24pm On Mar 30, 2013
ijawkid:

Don't act like you don't know what we are talking about..........UBe and you(I no know wether you follow too) are celebrating EOSTRE............I just want UBE to tell me what relationship Jesus has with EAOSTRE.....

Just answer............

Honestly don't know what you are talking about. Getting to know bout EAOSTRE for the first time (& from you). It appears you know bout EAOSTRE than zikkyy. You should be the one telling us bout the relationship between Jesus & EAOSTRE. e be like you don worship EAOSTRE before grin I can only talk about Jesus smiley
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 10:31pm On Mar 30, 2013
ijawkid:
.......UBe and you(I no know wether you follow too) are celebrating EOSTRE........

Where is your proof? You were at zikkyy's place & you saw him sacrificing he-goat to EOSTRE
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 11:15pm On Mar 30, 2013
Zikkyy:

Where is your proof? You were at zikkyy's place & you saw him sacrificing he-goat to EOSTRE

Zikky don't dance around this.....what has eaostre got to do with Jesus??.........

Answer me and let's move past this your questions wey you knw say Jesus no like......

It is said that what people are celebrating is Jesus" ressurection.....so I am asking::::.....what has Jesus got to do with eaostre??......angry......what's his businees with it??....
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 11:18pm On Mar 30, 2013
Zikkyy:

Honestly don't know what you are talking about. Getting to know bout EAOSTRE for the first time (& from you). It appears you know bout EAOSTRE than zikkyy. You should be the one telling us bout the relationship between Jesus & EAOSTRE. e be like you don worship EAOSTRE before grin I can only talk about Jesus smiley

No you should stop playing this charade and answer the question....what is easter and what connection does our holy master (Jesus) have with easter........maybe eaostre dey turn your eye..............
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
ijawkid:

No you should stop playing this charade and answer the question....what is easter and what connection does our holy master (Jesus) have with easter........maybe eaostre dey turn your eye..............

valid question....................
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Jimbaz7(m): 3:14am On Mar 31, 2013
2 Corinthians 6:14-18

Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by dokie: 4:19am On Mar 31, 2013
souldust: @fresky when christians go to church on easter, they go to hear the word of God which is most time centered on the message of th resurection. In the end, they get a deeper understanding of the mystery of the resurection and their faith is lifted from glory to glory.

They also praise God for the making it possible that christ resurected, a resurection that guarantees that all those who sleep in christ will not die but live.

Tell me whats wrong with the above. Why dont you look critically and tell me with all honesty if there is any pegan thing practiced in the above that i have explained. HONESTY ISNT GOING TO KILL. That you are honest in this case doest mean you have broken your allegiance to the watch tower society and so i dont think your society should disfellowship you if thats what you are afraid of.

dont waste your time trying to explain anything to these guys, they dont need your explanation. they have been hypnotized by the spirit of the false prophets that founded their sects. simple things common sense shows, they dont see because they are under a great bondage. dont waste your time arguing with them, pray for them instead, they need all the help they can get.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by dokie: 4:50am On Mar 31, 2013
gunners160: I was chattin wit a frnd 2day nd i asked her hw is she preparin 4 easter only 4 her 2 tell me dat she dnt celebrate easter i asked her y she told me dat it is a pagan way of worship nd nt biblical. pls is easter celebration nt biblical because i am confuse oooooo
if you r SINCERELY looking for clarification on this issue, why dont you ask one of the leaders in your church, you could get some help from them. while you are at that, i appeal to you to ignore posts from people like ijawkid, frosbel, freksy and their likes. i believe they belong to the same group. they belong to HIGH CONTROL religions e.g. watch tower society aka jehovers witness, church of jesus christ of latter day saint a.k.a mormons and some other like that. you can read about them on the net. these guys are on nairaland to spread the ideologies of their false prophet founders, they themselves are in ideological bondage. they cant think for themselves, they are brainwashed, they are under strict supervision and are told that they would be damned if they left the group. thats why they are called high control religions. when ever you see their posts, read it carefully and discern if the spirit of love can be found in the tone of their posts. please, dont lend an ear to anything they say. even if you chose not to celebrate easter again just avoid them for they are agents of the devil (though they are not aware) working hard to destroy the basic truths of the gospel of the risen Christ we celebrate his resurrection today, the same one they claim to preach. if any of them claims that what i am saying is not true regarding their religion let the person mention the name of his or her "church" and lets check if its not one of the high control religions most of them founded by disillusioned americans in the 19th and early 20th centuries. you would see testimonies of those who managed to leave the group.

3 Likes

Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:52am On Mar 31, 2013
ijawkid:

cheesy
i guess you have a big problem with the word "easter". Ok i hear.
I am celebrating pascha, hope u don happy now? Hey no disturb urself dem no get gods wey dem dey call pascha
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:53am On Mar 31, 2013
ijawkid:

Just answer............
since easter dey bite ya body, i dey celebrate pascha, hope u don dey ok.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:58am On Mar 31, 2013
Freksy:

Hmmm, you did not read through my comment? Your request shows you did not also read the cited scriptures on my first post that you earlier commented on. To show you really want us to discuss, can you please boldly make your stand clear on this: Did David follow the instruction given on how the ark should be transported when he did so using the wagon? My stand on it is, NO! What about yours?
i say show me where d bible say so! Very simple.

Moreover, it appears you have admitted Easter is not scriptural.
i also said microphone isn't scriptural neither is d bible and i still use both.

Not mentioned in scripture isn't equal against scripture.
I repeat paul said where there is no law there is no sin. Unless there is a law that says don't celebrate d resurrection then u have no point.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:00am On Mar 31, 2013
ijawkid:

you really have a problem with languages!
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 6:02am On Mar 31, 2013
ijawkid:

Zikky don't dance around this.....what has eaostre got to do with Jesus??.........

Answer me and let's move past this your questions wey you knw say Jesus no like......

It is said that what people are celebrating is Jesus" ressurection.....so I am asking::::.....what has Jesus got to do with eaostre??......angry......what's his businees with it??....

Don't ask me questions I know nothing about angry I no fit do research because I want to answer your question angryif you know there is a connection between Jesus & EAOSTRE tell us. Anyways e be like UBE don answer your question angry

1 Like

Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 6:09am On Mar 31, 2013
ijawkid:
It is said that what people are celebrating is Jesus" ressurection.....so I am asking...

You see yourself? angry So you heard that people are celebrating Jesus resurrection, why you come dey ask irrelevant question na?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 6:17am On Mar 31, 2013
Ubenedictus: i guess you have a big problem with the word "easter". Ok i hear.
I am celebrating pascha, hope u don happy now? Hey no disturb urself dem no get gods wey dem dey call pascha

Ahh.......so no be easter u dey celebrate again abi??.....now na pascha??......so you even know say easter k-leg abi??....cheesy
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 6:18am On Mar 31, 2013
Ubenedictus: you really have a problem with languages!

Which language.??........what is easter??.....whÀt is Ít??........how Jesus take dey tied to easter??......ona still dey dodge my question...
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 6:20am On Mar 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

Don't ask me questions I know nothing about angry I no fit do research because I want to answer your question angryif you know there is a connection between Jesus & EAOSTRE tell us. Anyways e be like UBE don answer your question angry

Ube no answer anything..him just. Dey play wayo hÉre.......

I want mÀke you too answer.....abi u no dey do eÀster??.....cheesy.....
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 6:22am On Mar 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

You see yourself? angry So you heard that people are celebrating Jesus resurrection, why you come dey ask irrelevant question na?

How u go say my questions dey iRrelevant??.......

My questions them relevant die........at what time or how did Jesus end up being tied up to easter??.....ona never answer me o.....abi na awolowo or sango ressurection ona dey celebrate??....angry
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 6:55am On Mar 31, 2013
ijawkid:
My questions them relevant die........at what time or how did Jesus end up being tied up to easter??.....ona never answer me ....angry

Have told you already, I don't know of any link between Jesus & EAOSTRE angry if you have something to say, just say it. I no go answer you again on this particular question. You are the one telling us there is a link, so tell us what that link is. Zikkyy is not aware there is a link, so how do expect him to provide the answer you want?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 7:21am On Mar 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

Have told you already, I don't know of any link between Jesus & EAOSTRE angry if you have something to say, just say it. I no go answer you again on this particular question. You are the one telling us there is a link, so tell us what that link is. Zikkyy is not aware there is a link, so how do expect him to provide the answer you want?

Oya I don change am to easter wey you know of since u dey pretend to no know who be or wetin be eoastreangry.......oya answer..what is the link between easter and Jesus....
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 31, 2013
Freksy:

If you watch me fetching an apple fruit from the pit of toilet, clean it up and present same to you in a pure diamond or golden plate, would you eat it? If no, why?

Conversely, supposed you saw me picking the fruit directly from its tree, I am sure you won't reject it. If the source of what we eat matters to us, unholy beings, how much more so would it to God, a holy being.
i am sure you've been to countries where they purify water taken from the gutter. Do you drink that water when you are in such countries? So you can see that your logic doesnt hold here.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 31, 2013
@fresky going by your apple analogy, i would quote something for you from the book "An introduction to ancient Egyptian literature" by EA Wallis Budge. One of the most renouned Egyptologists.

"This rel (rel of osiris) promised to all who followed it, a life beyond the grave, after a resurection that was made certain to them through the sufferings, death and resurection of Osiris, who was the incarnation of the great God who created the heavens and the earth" you can find this on page 12 of the book.

I am sure anyone who knows christianity so well would see a striking similarity when reading through that extract i quoted. Note that this rel preceeds christianity thousands of years.

Since we know that jesus spent some of his early years in Egypt ( early part of the gospel of matthew)and that the histroy, philosophy and rel of ancient Egypt was well known in the near east at the time of jesus, one could say, in line with your apple analogy, that christianity (apple) is actually the rel of Osiris (toilet) that has been washed and given to christians including JWs and they all have eaten it!

note that i am not against christianity in any way. I am only nullyfying fresky's arguement.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 8:36am On Mar 31, 2013
ijawkid:

Oya I don change am to easter wey you know of since u dey pretend to no know who be or wetin be eoastreangry.......oya answer..what is the link between easter and Jesus....

I believe someone already told you he is celebrating Jesus resurrection. That's the only link am aware of smiley
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 8:40am On Mar 31, 2013
ijawkid:
Oya I don change am to easter wey you know of since u dey pretend to no know who be or wetin be eoastreangry.....

Lol grin you thought zikkyy was not being truthful abi? I know sango, I know orunmila, but EAOSTRE I don't know smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? / The Benefits Of Praising The Lord / Why Are Nigerians Too Superstitious And Believe Too Much In Juju?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.