Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? (11210 Views)

Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) / Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside / Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 11:04am On Mar 31, 2013
Ubenedictus: i say show me where d bible say so! Very simple.

i also said microphone isn't scriptural neither is d bible and i still use both.

Not mentioned in scripture isn't equal against scripture.
I repeat paul said where there is no law there is no sin. Unless there is a law that says don't celebrate d resurrection then u have no point.

"David summoned the priests Zadok and Abiathar, along with the Levites Uriel, Asaiah, Joel, Shemaiah, Eliel, and Amminadab. He told them: “You are the leaders of the Levites’ families. You and your relatives must consecrate yourselves and bring the ark of the *Lord God of Israel up to the place I have prepared for it. The first time you did not carry it; that is why the Lord God attacked us, because we did not ask him about the proper way to carry it.” The priests and Levites consecrated themselves so they could bring up the ark of the Lord God of Israel. The descendants of Levi carried the ark of God on their shoulders with poles, just as Moses had ordered according to the divine command". -1Chr.15:11-15 NET.

In their first attempt, they did not follow the due process, or "due Order", according to KJV. The proper thing would have been as Moses had earlier commanded - to carry the ark on the shoulders of Kohathite Levites -Num.7:9. If King David had done that in his first attempt, what happened wouldn't have. This is one of the ways we are being taught today - By object lessons from stories of events recorded in the scripture. Instructions must not always come in the form of: "Thou shall not... " Though there was no law like: "Thou shall not carry the ark on the wagon", David's used of the wagon to transport the ark was outside of the already-existed instructions.

There is an existing instruction regarding how Christ should be commemorated, Jesus gave and demonstrated it, the disciples followed suit, Easter is outside of this and is unscriptural. Can you prove otherwise?

2 Likes

Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 31, 2013
@fresky dont pretend you did not see my last two posts in page 1.

I want you to have the gut to answer to them.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:54am On Mar 31, 2013
ijawkid:

Ahh.......so no be easter u dey celebrate again abi??.....now na pascha??......so you even know say easter k-leg abi??....cheesy
i know say scholar dey argue d exact liguistic meaning of d anglo saxon word "easter". Whatever way u want see am, that doesn't mean the celebration of d ressurection na pagan practice.
Since u get problem with d word "easter" then i dey celebrate pascha, two words refering to d same thing.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:57am On Mar 31, 2013
souldust: @fresky going by your apple analogy, i would quote something for you from the book "An introduction to ancient Egyptian literature" by EA Wallis Budge. One of the most renouned Egyptologists.

"This rel (rel of osiris) promised to all who followed it, a life beyond the grave, after a resurection that was made certain to them through the sufferings, death and resurection of Osiris, who was the incarnation of the great God who created the heavens and the earth" you can find this on page 12 of the book.

I am sure anyone who knows christianity so well would see a striking similarity when reading through that extract i quoted. Note that this rel preceeds christianity thousands of years.

Since we know that jesus spent some of his early years in Egypt ( early part of the gospel of matthew)and that the histroy, philosophy and rel of ancient Egypt was well known in the near east at the time of jesus, one could say, in line with your apple analogy, that christianity (apple) is actually the rel of Osiris (toilet) that has been washed and given to christians including JWs and they all have eaten it!

note that i am not against christianity in any way. I am only nullyfying fresky's arguement.
hehehe
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:03pm On Mar 31, 2013
Freksy:

"David summoned the priests Zadok and Abiathar, along with the Levites Uriel, Asaiah, Joel, Shemaiah, Eliel, and Amminadab. He told them: “You are the leaders of the Levites’ families. You and your relatives must consecrate yourselves and bring the ark of the *Lord God of Israel up to the place I have prepared for it. The first time you did not carry it; that is why the Lord God attacked us, because we did not ask him about the proper way to carry it.” The priests and Levites consecrated themselves so they could bring up the ark of the Lord God of Israel. The descendants of Levi carried the ark of God on their shoulders with poles, just as Moses had ordered according to the divine command". -1Chr.15:11-15 NET.

In their first attempt, they did not follow the due process, or "due Order", according to KJV. The proper thing would have been as Moses had earlier commanded - to carry the ark on the shoulders of Kohathite Levites -Num.7:9. If King David had done that in his first attempt, what happened wouldn't have. This is one of the ways we are being taught today - By object lessons from stories of events recorded in the scripture. Instructions must not always come in the form of: "Thou shall not... " Though there was no law like: "Thou shall not carry the ark on the wagon", David's used of the wagon to transport the ark was outside of the already-existed instructions.
There is an existing instruction regarding how Christ should be commemorated, Jesus gave and demonstrated it, the disciples followed suit, Easter is outside of this and is unscriptural. Can you prove otherwise?
hey! Clap for urself u pass d question! Hehehe, d existing instruction is what i have already fulfilled so weytin happen?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 12:17pm On Mar 31, 2013
souldust: i am sure you've been to countries where they purify water taken from the gutter. Do you drink that water when you are in such countries? So you can see that your logic doesnt hold here.

Recall that mention of the use of chemicals to disinfect the apple was not made in my illustration. You watch as i fetch the apple from the pit of toilet, you also watch as I clean it up, perhaps with a rag and ensure no dirt is seen visibly and present it to you in a pure diamond or golden plate; Would you eat it, YES or NO?

To my question, your inability to answer YES or NO publicly, even when you presumed I disinfected the apple, lies therein the truth about your Easter.....Many say: "it doesn't really matter where it came from". Are you saying the same thing?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
Freksy:

Recall that mention of the use of chemicals to disinfect the apple was not made in my illustration. You watch as i fetch the apple from the pit of toilet, you also watch as I clean it up, perhaps with a rag and ensure no dirt is seen visibly and present it to you in a pure diamond or golden plate; Would you eat it, YES or NO?

To my question, your inability to answer YES or NO publicly, even when you presumed I disinfected the apple, lies therein the truth about your Easter.....Many say: "it doesn't really matter where it came from". Are you saying the same thing?
why dont you just give up already. Your logic doesnt add up.

What about the other post? Are you avoiding it becos it exposes the flaws in your position?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 4:36pm On Mar 31, 2013
souldust: @fresky going by your apple analogy, i would quote something for you from the book "An introduction to ancient Egyptian literature" by EA Wallis Budge. One of the most renouned Egyptologists.

"This rel (rel of osiris) promised to all who followed it, a life beyond the grave, after a resurection that was made certain to them through the sufferings, death and resurection of Osiris, who was the incarnation of the great God who created the heavens and the earth" you can find this on page 12 of the book.

I am sure anyone who knows christianity so well would see a striking similarity when reading through that extract i quoted. Note that this rel preceeds christianity thousands of years.

Since we know that jesus spent some of his early years in Egypt ( early part of the gospel of matthew)and that the histroy, philosophy and rel of ancient Egypt was well known in the near east at the time of jesus, one could say, in line with your apple analogy, that christianity (apple) is actually the rel of Osiris (toilet) that has been washed and given to christians including JWs and they all have eaten it!

note that i am not against christianity in any way. I am only nullyfying fresky's arguement.

The apple in my illustration represents your Easter, wherever YOU picked it from, is the pit of toilet. I am 100% sure you understood this already from my illustration.
You overlook the fact that any who want to undermine Christianity can publish anything unsubstantiated. If you claim Jesus fashioned his teachings and ministry after Egyptians' philosophies, I would like you and your beloved publisher to answer the following:

1. What substantial proof is there that the rel precedes the way God's people (Abraham and others) used to worship him by thousands of years?
2. When Jesus was taken to Egypt, was he old enough to assimilate the Egyptians way of worship, and later used that to lay the foundation for Christianity in his land?
3. Prophesies that were spoken about Jesus prior to his birth, did Jesus also learn in Egypt how to fulfill them later in his land?

Granted, some Egyptian/Babylonian doctrines (like Easter and co) later found their way into Christianity, but never had Jesus ever patterned his teachings after any of these. What you are subtly trying to allude to him, is in fact, what you guys started doing after the demise of the early apostles. Your Easter was picked somewhere, this you know.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 7:08pm On Mar 31, 2013
souldust: why dont you just give up already. Your logic doesnt add up.

What about the other post? Are you avoiding it becos it exposes the flaws in your position?

Have you noticed that in an attempt to intentionally misapply my illustration you have rather exposed your scriptural ignorance? Please be informed that Jesus was taken to Egypt when he was a young child, likely, less than two, and was taken away from there when he was still a young child......It is Easter and co that later came from pagan world, not the clear and undiluted teachings of Christ. He grew up and became a man outside Egypt. As a young child in Egypt, there is no way he could have copied their philosophies, returned to his hometown, edited and pasted it later when he grew up to adulthood.

Souldust, carefully read the following and justify your claim on page 1 about the root of Christianity.

"And when they were departed , behold , the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream , saying , Arise , and take the young child and his mother , and flee into Egypt , and be thou there until I bring thee word : for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him . When he arose , he took the young child and his mother by night , and departed into Egypt" - Matt. 2:13,14

"Then Herod , when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men , was exceeding wroth , and sent forth , and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem , and in all the coasts thereof , from two years old and under , according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men". Matt. 2:16

"But when Herod was dead , behold , an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt , Saying , Arise , and take the young child and his mother , and go into the land of Israel : for they are dead which sought the young child’s life . And he arose , and took the young child and his mother , and came into the land of Israel". Matt. 2:19-21.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
Ubenedictus: hey! Clap for urself u pass d question! Hehehe, d existing instruction is what i have already fulfilled so weytin happen?

I have gone through virtually all your comments and yet to see any with scriptural support, can you please give one to the bolded?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2013
@fresky i am not ignorant of the scripture. It is you who couldnt read properly. If you go back, you would find that i said that jesus spent his EARLY years in egypt. And no! I did not misapply your apple analogy. The same merit you chose apple to rep easter and toilet to rep any unholy root, is the merit that qualifies my choosing apple to rep christianity and toilet to rep rel of Osiris.

If anything is wrong here, then it is your embarking on an already failed attempt to meander pass the obvious that is so challenging to the teachings induced into you by your elders.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 6:22am On Apr 01, 2013
souldust:

souldust: @fresky i am not ignorant of the scripture. It is you who couldnt read properly. If you go back, you would find that i said that jesus spent his EARLY years in egypt. And no! I did not misapply your apple analogy. The same merit you chose apple to rep easter and toilet to rep any unholy root, is the merit that qualifies my choosing apple to rep christianity and toilet to rep rel of Osiris.

If anything is wrong here, then it is your embarking on an already failed attempt to meander pass the obvious that is so challenging to the teachings induced into you by your elders.

Read through the bolded and ponder over it, what massage is it conveying? Are you not implying Jesus picked up some Egyptian philosophies while he was in Egypt "in his early years", cleaned them up and presented to us? I have proved to you scripturally that he was too young a child and had too brief a stay in Egypt to have studied and comprehend their philosophies.

If you truly knew Jesus was a young child when he was taken to and away from Egypt, why then did you put up the above? Your reasoning belies your claim that you were not ignorant of that.
Since you wouldn't eat the apple in my illustration, why then do you give unholy thing to a holy being?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:10am On Apr 01, 2013
Freksy:

I have gone through virtually all your comments and yet to see any with scriptural support, can you please give one to the bolded?
oga, i really no get ur time!
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:13am On Apr 01, 2013
Freksy:

Read through the bolded and ponder over it, what massage is it conveying? Are you not implying Jesus picked up some Egyptian philosophies while he was in Egypt "in his early years", cleaned them up and presented to us? I have proved to you scripturally that he was too young a child and had too brief a stay in Egypt to have studied and comprehend their philosophies.

If you truly knew Jesus was a young child when he was taken to and away from Egypt, why then did you put up the above? Your reasoning belies your claim that you were not ignorant of that.
Since you wouldn't eat the apple in my illustration, why then do you give unholy thing to a holy being?

celebrating christ's resurrection is an unholy thing? Weldone.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 01, 2013
Segeggs: ^^^ They will never preach against it cos they are wolves in sheep's clothing masquerading themselves as men of righteousness. They represent the catholic church-THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS- that has given birth to these false churches and false doctrines.

Exactly! They are all big liars!
The pope is a bigger liar!
Deceivers! They always try to change a pagan holiday (christmas, easter) into a christian celebration!!
As far as I'm concerned the bible only tells us to celebrate the passover!!

1 Like

Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 11:06am On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: oga, i really no get ur time!

Ubenedictus, if my requests were for scriptural supports to prove that Mary was the mother of Jesus Christ, I am sure there would have been time for that. To present just a scripture in support of Easter has sapped all your time? Ok, I will see if truly you don't have time for me.

Ubenedictus: celebrating christ's resurrection is an unholy thing? Weldone.

Hmmmm, here you have time for me because there is no request for scriptural supports. Ok, what is Easter, how did it creep into Christianity and which scriptures support its celebration?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:58am On Apr 01, 2013
Freksy:

Ubenedictus, if my requests were for scriptural supports to prove that Mary was the mother of Jesus Christ, I am sure there would have been time for that. To present just a scripture in support of Easter has sapped all your time? Ok, I will see if truly you don't have time for me.

Hmmmm, here you have time for me because there is no request for scriptural supports. Ok, what is Easter, how did it creep into Christianity and which scriptures support its celebration?
my dear! That is your problem! I don't need an exact scripture passage to celebrate the resurrection of christ. I celebrate my birthday and there are no scripture verses that say so.
If celebrating the resurrection is pagan simply becos it isn't in the bible, then everything not in the bible must be pagan.
Bottomline: i dont need a bible passage to celebrate christ's resurrection. And i can't be accused of sin unless u have a passage dat says "dont celebrate the resurrection"
where there is no law there is no sin.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:59am On Apr 01, 2013
carr96:

Exactly! They are all big liars!
The pope is a bigger liar!
Deceivers! They always try to change a pagan holiday (christmas, easter) into a christian celebration!!
As far as I'm concerned the bible only tells us to celebrate the passover!!
today d passover is called "holy thursday" but i guess u'll criticize that too.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by ijawkid(m): 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: my dear! That is your problem! I don't need an exact scripture passage to celebrate the resurrection of christ. I celebrate my birthday and there are no scripture verses that say so.
If celebrating the resurrection is pagan simply becos it isn't in the bible, then everything not in the bible must be pagan.
Bottomline: i dont need a bible passage to celebrate christ's resurrection. And i can't be accused of sin unless u have a passage dat says "dont celebrate the resurrection"

hehehe......u ask this same stale questions all d time when ur faced with truths....

even when u stubbornly worship dead pieces of meat n cant be convinced other wise,i wonder what would convince u nd ur ilks to stop celebrating d pagan ishtar.......

even Jesus when asked questions as regards worship gave retorts from d scriptures....

why cant u?..instead ur asking us to show u from d scriptures where it says servants of God should nt adopt pagan practices....because u know d background of the ishtar or pashca ur observing..cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: my dear! That is your problem! I don't need an exact scripture passage to celebrate the resurrection of christ. I celebrate my birthday and there are no scripture verses that say so.

Is this the kind of sermon you preach in your church? Hmmm, I can see why you would also say child molestation is not a sin, for I am sure there is so such law as, thou shall not commit child...

I can't repeat what I told you before, I provided scriptures that question your celebration, you refused to comment on any of them. Friend, please do me one favor; ensure that you don't preach the above in your church and will hide the comment from kids - it will breed more molesters and other related vices of which the bible does not expressly say: thou shall not...
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:03pm On Apr 01, 2013
ijawkid:

hehehe......u ask this same stale questions all d time when ur faced with truths....

even when u stubbornly worship dead pieces of meat n cant be convinced other wise,i wonder what would convince u nd ur ilks to stop celebrating d pagan ishtar.......

even Jesus when asked questions as regards worship gave retorts from d scriptures....

why cant u?..instead ur asking us to show u from d scriptures where it says servants of God should nt adopt pagan practices....because u know d background of the ishtar or pashca ur observing..cheesy
before u said its eostre now u say its ishtar, which is it.
Tell me about pashca!
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:05pm On Apr 01, 2013
Freksy:

Is this the kind of sermon you preach in your church? Hmmm, I can see why you would also say child molestation is not a sin, for I am sure there is so such law as, thou shall not commit child...

I can't repeat what I told you before, I provided scriptures that question your celebration, you refused to comment on any of them. Friend, please do me one favor; ensure that you don't preach the above in your church and will hide the comment from kids - it will breed more molesters and other related vices of which the bible does not expressly say: thou shall not...
i said "where there is no law there is no sin"
besides u didnt show any scripture that questioned any celebration! U remember ur main plea was "overstepping"?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Freksy(m): 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: i said "where there is no law there is no sin"
besides u didnt show any scripture that questioned any celebration! U remember ur main plea was "overstepping"?

How come you know the very one I was talking about, the one u pretended u stopped @ paragraph 1. Go & respond 2 those scriptures let see. I know u'r scripture-shy, but let me still try; show me where it is written: "where there is no law there is no sin". Please don't fail me this time.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by truthislight: 11:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
italo:

1. This idea that if something is not explicitly stated in the Bible, it is a sin... Is it biblical? Is there anywhere the Bible says that anything that is not in the Bible is a sin?

"do not go beyond what is written".
(1cor.4:6)

did Jesus forgot to command that we observed it like he did his death?
(Luke 22:19)

Freksy:

Italo, can you recall what happened when Uzzah and his brother Ahio led the wagon carrying the ark of the covenant from their house when David wanted it brought to Jerusalem?
When the bulls pulling the wagon nearly caused an upset, Uzzah reached out and grabbed hold to steady the Ark, for which God struck him dead on the spot.
At first, King David saw nothing wrong with the use of a more advanced technique then (the Wagon) to carry the Ark, rather than using the authorized means - for Kohathite Levites to carry it with the poles on their shoulders as God had directed. God's anger would not have been incurred if he had done the right thing. - Ex 25:13, 14; Nu 7:9. Remember, the bible did not specifically say: "thou shall not use the wagon" or "Uzzah should never prevent the Ark from falling".

Notwithstanding Uzzah's presumably good intentions to prevent the Ark from falling, he was judged as acting in "error." (2Sa 6:7) This was because deliberate disobedience was involved. God had instructed that under no circumstances was the Ark to be touched by unauthorized persons. (Nu 4:15, 19, 20)

What God wanted his worshipers to do concerning the death of his son was stated explicitly in the Bible. Jesus had even demonstrated this with his disciples a night before his death, and commanded as follows: "... this do in remembrance of me" - Luke 22:19.
When a clear-cut instruction is deliberately overstepped, it is a sin. When proper things that needs to be done are deliberately ignored, it is a sin. "So whoever knows what is good to do and does not do it is guilty of sin. - James 4:17 NET.

thanks.

God does not tolerate presumptiouseness.

1 Like

Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by truthislight: 12:01am On Apr 02, 2013
italo:

You are so eager to condemn that you do not even know that we are celebration RESURRECTION, not DEATH.

Anyway, the Bible would be pagan too, since non of the apostles carried it around and it only came into existence hundreds of years after Jesus and the apostles had died.

^^self deceit.

You keep imagining and wishes to use the bible to clean all "your" evils?

6. "For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them." (Acts 20:29-30).

Who do you thing those ^ were?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by truthislight: 12:10am On Apr 02, 2013
Zikkyy:

You don start again angry why force someone to worship other gods? If the man says he is celebrating Christ resurrection, why accuse him of worshiping something else. Abi you saw the man in sango worshipping attire sacrificing a goat to sango?

"Dont go beyond what is written".
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 02, 2013
truthislight:

truthislight:

What does that have to do with the bible? Don't forget the apostles never used the bible.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by truthislight: 8:30am On Apr 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

What does that have to do with the bible? Don't forget the apostles never used the bible.

They wrote letters that served as a guide to followers of christ. No?

Did you think that paul did not know what he was saying?
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 8:48am On Apr 02, 2013
truthislight:

which one be "Dont go beyond what is written" so somebody rejoicing over Jesus resurrection is now a sin abi? it is now a sin to rejoice abi? it is not written that people should rejoice abi? you have to show us the book you are reading o! kindly provide evidence where it is stated that rejoicing is a sin angry
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by Zikkyy(m): 8:52am On Apr 02, 2013
truthislight:
They wrote letters that served as a guide to followers of christ. No?

...and that's what the letters were for; to serve as guide to followers of Christ. the problem is that you use the letters as checklist.
Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by truthislight: 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
Zikkyy:

which one be "Dont go beyond what is written" so somebody rejoicing over Jesus resurrection is now a sin abi? it is now a sin to rejoice abi? it is not written that people should rejoice abi? you have to show us the book you are reading o! kindly provide evidence where it is stated that rejoicing is a sin angry

Why not ask Aron and the Israelites that Decided for themself how to worship and celebrate("rejoys" ) ?
*sigh*

1 Like

Re: Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? by truthislight: 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
Zikkyy:

...and that's what the letters were for; to serve as guide to followers of Christ. the problem is that you use the letters as checklist.

What is the purpose of a checklist and a guide?

Smh for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Praising The Lord / Why Are Nigerians Too Superstitious And Believe Too Much In Juju? / 2014 Rapture Signs To Watch For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.